New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Auron
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME- Auron
    CLASS- Ronin
    RACE- Hume (Unsent)
    ALIGNMENT- Lawful Good
    LEVEL- 1st
    SIZE- Medium
    AGE- 35 years old
    GENDER- male
    HEIGHT- 6’0”
    WEIGHT- 190 lbs
    EYES- brown
    HAIR- black, streaked with grey
    LANGUAGES
    • Common

ABILITIES
    • Strength 15 (+2)
    • Dexterity 12 (+1)
    • Constitution 14 (+2)
    • Intelligence 10 (+0)
    • Wisdom 13 (+1)
    • Charisma 8 (-1)

HIT POINTS- 12 HP
    MAGIC POINTS- 22MP
    ARMOR CLASS- 16 (+1 Dex, +4 scale mail, +1 bracer); touch 11; flat-footed 15
    SPEED- 20’
    INITIATIVE- +1
    BASE ATTACK BONUS
    • Melee +3 = +1 (Base) +2 (Str)
    • Ranged +2 = +1 (Base) +1 (Dex)

CARRYING CAPACITY
    • Light Load 0-66 lbs.
    • Medium Load 67-133 lbs.
    • Heavy Load 134-200 lbs.
    • Lift Over Head 200 lbs.
    • Lift Off Ground 400 lbs.
    • Push or Drag 1,000 lbs.

SAVING THROWS
    • Fortitude +4 = +2 (Base) +2 (Con)
    • Reflex +1 = +0 (Base) +1 (Dex)
    • Will +1 = +0 (Base) +1 (Wis)

SKILLS (*=cross-class)
    • Appraise (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Balance (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Bluff (Cha, -1=-1+0)
    • Climb (Str, +2=2+0)*
    • Concentration (Con, +2=2+0)*
    • Craft (Int, +0=0+0)
    • Decipher Script (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Diplomacy (Cha, -1=-1+0)*
    • Disable Device (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Disguise (Cha, +3=-1+4)
    • Escape Artist (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Forgery (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Gather Information (Cha, -1=-1+0)*
    • Handle Animal (Cha, -1=-1+0)*
    • Heal (Wis, +1=1+0)*
    • Hide (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Intimidate (Cha, +3=-1+4)
    • Jump (Str, +1=2+0)
    • Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (Int, +0=0+0)
    • Knowledge (History) (Int, +4=0+4)
    • Knowledge (Nobility) (Int, +0=0+0)
    • Listen (Wis, +1=1+0)
    • Move Silently (Dex, +1=1+0)
    • Open Locks (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Perform (Cha, -1=-1+0)*
    • Profession (Wis, +1=1+0)
    • Ride (Dex, +1=1+0)
    • Search (Int, +0=0+0)
    • Sense Motive (Wis, +1=1+0)
    • Sleight of Hand (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Spellcraft (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Spot (Wis, +1=1+0)*
    • Survival (Wis, +1=1+0)
    • Swim (Str, +2=2+0)*
    • Tumble (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Use Magical Device (Cha, -1=-1+0)*
    • Use Rope (Dex, +1=1+0)*

FEATS
    • Combat Expertise [General]
    • Dodge [General]

WEAPONS
    • great sword (2d6, 19-20/Χ2, 8lbs, slashing)

ARMOR
    • scale mail (+4AC, armor check penalty -4, speed 20’, 30lbs)
    • bracer (+1AC, armor check penalty -1, 5lbs)

EQUIPMENT
    • 5gp (0 lbs)
    • Backpack (2gp, 2 lbs)
    • Bedroll (1sp, 5 lbs)
    • Flint & Steel Kit (1gp, 0 lbs)
    • Lantern, Hooded (7gp, 2 lbs)
    • Oil, Flask (1sp, 1 lb)
    • Rations, Trail (Χ3, 1½gp, 3 lbs)
    • Rope, Hemp, 50’ (1gp, 10 lbs)
    • Sack (1sp, ½ lb)
    • Waterskin (filled, 1gp, 3 lbs)

ENCUMBERANCE- 69½ lbs (medium load)
    CLASS FEATURES
    • Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Auron is proficient with all simple & martial weapons, & with all armor (heavy, medium, & light) & shields (including tower shields)
    • Power Break (Sp): Auron can weaken his opponent’s power with a melee attack; if his melee attack hits, then the opponent’s Strength bonus to attacks (if any) is negated for the rest of the encounter; the opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to resist; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 8MP to use
    • Dragon Fang (Ex): You can attack up to 4 opponents within 30’ with your sword in 1 round, with no penalty for multiple attacks; you cannot attack any 1 opponent more than once. Each attack is an automatic hit; in addition, each opponent struck with these attacks is dazed for 1 round (no saving throw allowed).
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-12-08 at 09:17 AM. Reason: fixed skills

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Xzoz View Post
    I have played the game through multiple times so if anything is in question just ask and I'm sure I and most other FF X fans here will do our best to answer properly, I do try to check in once per day or so for updates.
    I'd be glad to help there too; I just finished a playthrough, and I'm currently working on a NSG game. Thing is, and I think I already said it, I'm horrible with d20and since the game obviously needs to be altered for balance issues, I'd be fairly useless. However, if you need anything fluff related I'm your man, although I see you're using the ffwiki and probably don't need me at all. Just wanted to offer.

Also, John DiMaggio voiced Kimahri? I knew Tidus was Ratchet, but I never knew Kimahri was Bender. O_o
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

First crappy homebrew, the Arcane Gambler PrC. PEACH please!

Second crappy homebrew. Click here if you want alignments to be more confusing.

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" -Auron, Final Fantasy X

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soup of Kings View Post
    I'd be glad to help there too; I just finished a playthrough, and I'm currently working on a NSG game. Thing is, and I think I already said it, I'm horrible with d20and since the game obviously needs to be altered for balance issues, I'd be fairly useless. However, if you need anything fluff related I'm your man, although I see you're using the ffwiki and probably don't need me at all. Just wanted to offer.
    I appreciate the offer. If you'd like to help, please go here. Thank you for your appreciation, & any contributions you can make.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I just finished a playthrough, and I'm currently working on a NSG game.
    NSG? Does that stand for "No Sphere Grid?" Is that even possible?
    Characters:
    None right now!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daracaex View Post
    It's more than possible...

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daracaex View Post
    With careful planning, very much so. In fact, most hardcore players consider it easy and tack on more challenges such as No Customization, No Escape (And no "No Encounters" equipment), No Blitzball (For rare items), No Overdrives, No Trio of 9999 or Quartet of 9, No Summons, etc.

So, yeah. I'll write something up for those locations later. Only thing is, that's the sort of thing I would wanna take my time on and save in a document of some sort. But the problem is I'm on vacation in Hawai'i right now and, though I don't object to working on something like this, I'm not using my computer right now. I might work on it a bit, but then again I may not be able to give you anything until Thursday or Friday of next week, or even until next weekend. But I'll try and work on it. Anything I can do to help out

[EDIT] Two questions. One; do you want me to include the events of FFX in the descriptions of the locales? (i.e. Dream Zanarkand being destroyed) Or just describe them as they existed before. (Or both) Some of them change drastically during the game. In fact, Sin (as a location) wouldn't exist if not for Meg Ryan and company. And two; how would you like me to deliver the content to you? Just copypasta into a set of spoiler tags, or somehow send you a Word document?
    Last edited by Soup of Kings; 2008-06-28 at 10:53 PM.

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" -Auron, Final Fantasy X

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Two questions. One; do you want me to include the events of FFX in the descriptions of the locales? (i.e. Dream Zanarkand being destroyed) Or just describe them as they existed before. (Or both) Some of them change drastically during the game. In fact, Sin (as a location) wouldn't exist if not for Meg Ryan and company.
    You should describe a locale as someone would bec seeing for the first time, so an initial state would be best. Also, please don't call High Summoner Yuna "Meg Ryan."

And two; how would you like me to deliver the content to you? Just copypasta into a set of spoiler tags, or somehow send you a Word document?
    You can PM me any descriptions that you've crafted. I will do only the most minimal editing, as necessary, & you will be credited prominently for your contribution.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Kimahri Ronso
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME- Kimahri Ronso
    CLASS- Lancer
    RACE- Ronso
    ALIGNMENT- Neutral Good
    LEVEL- 1st
    SIZE- Large
    AGE- 25 years old
    GENDER- male
    HEIGHT- 6’9”
    WEIGHT- 270 lbs
    EYES- yellow
    HAIR- grey (with dark blue fur)
    LANGUAGES
    • Common
    • Ronso

ABILITIES
    • Strength 19 (+4)
    • Dexterity 12 (+1)
    • Constitution 10 (+0)
    • Intelligence 12 (+1)
    • Wisdom 13 (+1)
    • Charisma 6 (-2)

HIT POINTS- 12 HP
    MAGIC POINTS- 22MP
    ARMOR CLASS- 15 (+1 Dex, +3 studded leather, +1 armlet); touch 11; flat-footed 14
    SPEED- 30’
    INITIATIVE- +1
    BASE ATTACK BONUS
    • Melee +5 = +1 (Base) +4 (Str)
    • Ranged +2 = +1 (Base) +1 (Dex)

CARRYING CAPACITY
    • Light Load 0-166 lbs.
    • Medium Load 167-233 lbs.
    • Heavy Load 234-350 lbs.
    • Lift Over Head 350 lbs.
    • Lift Off Ground 700 lbs.
    • Push or Drag 1,750 lbs.

SAVING THROWS
    • Fortitude +2 = +2 (Base) +0 (Con)
    • Will +1 = +0 (Base) +1 (Wis)

SKILLS (*=cross-class)
    • Appraise (Int, +1=1+0)*
    • Balance (Dex, +3=1+2)
    • Bluff (Cha, -2=-2+0)*
    • Climb (Str, +4=4+0)
    • Concentration (Con, +0=0+0)
    • Craft (Int, +1=1+0)
    • Decipher Script (Int, +1=1+0)*
    • Diplomacy (Cha, -2=-2+0)*
    • Disable Device (Int, +1=1+0)*
    • Disguise (Cha, -2=-2+0)*
    • Forgery (Int, +1=1+0)*
    • Gather Information (Cha, -2=-2+0)
    • Handle Animal (Cha, -2=-2+0)
    • Heal (Wis, +1=1+0)
    • Hide (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Intimidate (Cha, +2=-2+4)
    • Jump (Str, +8=4+4)
    • Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (Int, +1=1+0)*
    • Listen (Wis, +4=1+3)
    • Perform (Cha, -2=-2+0)*
    • Ride (Dex, +1=1+0)
    • Search (Int, +1=1+0)
    • Speak Language (Int, +1=1+0)*
    • Spellcraft (Int, +1=1+0)*
    • Spot (Wis, +4=1+3)
    • Survival (Wis, +1=1+0)
    • Swim (Str, +4=4+0)*
    • Tumble (Dex, +1=1+0)
    • Use Magical Device (Cha, -2=-2+0)*

FEATS
    • Power Attack [General]

WEAPONS
    • long spear (1d8, 20/Χ3, reach weapon (15’), 9lbs, piercing)

ARMOR
    • studded leather (+3AC, armor check penalty -1, speed 30’, 20lbs)
    • armlet (+1AC, armor check penalty -1, 5lbs)

EQUIPMENT
    • 5gp (0 lbs)
    • Backpack (2gp, 2 lbs)
    • Bedroll (1sp, 5 lbs)
    • Sack (1sp, ½ lb)

ENCUMBERANCE- 47½ lbs (light load)
    CLASS FEATURES
    • Natural Weapon (Ex): Gore (1d4 + Str); Charge Attack (1d4 + Str) Χ 2
    • Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Kimahri is proficient with all simple & martial weapons, light armor, medium armor, & shields (except tower shields)
    • Weapon Focus: Kimahri gets Weapon Focus as a bonus feat; this must be used for a polearm of some sort, such as a glaive, a guisarme, a halberd, a lance, a naginata, a poleaxe, a ranseur, or a long spear
    • Lancet (Su): Kimahri can sap health & magic from his enemies; if he successfully hits an opponent with his pole arm, he transfers 10% of their current HP (minimum 1HP) & 10% of their current MP (minimum 1MP) to his own respective pools; in addition, this attack allows Kimahri to make an Intelligence check (DC = 10 + opponent’s CR) to learn one of his Ronso Rage abilities (if you don’t have Ronso Rage as your overdrive, then this merely adds 1OP to your overdrive pool); he cannot sap HP or MP in excess of his current maximum with this ability; his opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ his class level + his Wisdom modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability does not consume any MP to use
    • Ronso Rage (Varies): You can perform a number of special abilities that you have successfully learned from studying an opponent. You can learn an ability from an enemy by taking a full-round action & making a successful Intelligence check (DC = 10 + opponent’s CR). This ability costs 100 OP to use. Each time you fill up your OP pool, you can perform one of the abilities that you have learned, chosen from the list below:
    • Jump (Ex): can leap high into the air & strike from above 1 opponent within 30’, dealing an automatic critical with your reach weapon; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; already acquired
    • Flame Breath (Su): you spew forth a jet of fire from your mouth; automatically hits all opponents within 30’, dealing 2d6 points of fire damage; Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) for half damage; acquired from Fire subtype monsters, CR2 or above
    • Seed Cannon (Su): you spew forth a barrage of seed pellets from your mouth, automatically hitting 1 opponent within 30’; this attack deals 3d6 points of piercing damage; Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) for half damage; acquired from Plant type monsters, CR3 or above
    • Self Destruct (Su): you explode in a powerful blast; automatically hits all opponents within 30’, dealing 4d6 points of slashing damage (no saving throw); you are reduced to 0HP; acquired from Elemental type monsters, CR4 or above
    • Thrust Kick (Ex): you kick an enemy with devastating force; automatically hits 1 opponent within 30’, dealing critical damage; Fortitude save (DC10 + your class level) for half damage; in addition, if you make a successful Dexterity check (DC12 + your opponent’s Dexterity modifier), your opponent is knocked (1d6+4)Χ10’ away in a random direction; an opponent that has been knocked away in this manner must make a successful Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) or die; acquired from Monstrous Humanoid type monsters, CR6 or above
    • Stone Breath (Su): you spew forth a jet of chilling gas from your mouth; automatically inflicts Petrified on all opponents within 30’; Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to resist; acquired from Magical Beast type monsters, CR8 or above
    • Aqua Breath (Su): you spew forth a jet of water from your mouth; automatically hits all opponents within 30’, dealing (2d8 + your Strength modifier) points of water (force) damage; Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) for half damage; acquired from Water subtype monsters, CR10 or above
    • Doom (Sp): you cast a dreadful curse on an enemy; 1 opponent within 30’ automatically dies (-10HP) in 1d6+4 rounds (no saving throw); acquired from Undead type monsters, CR12 or above
    • White Wind (Sp): you bathe your party in healing light; you can fully restore all HP to all allies within 30’ (including yourself); you cannot heal an ally so that they have more HP than your maximum; cannot be used on opponents (even undead ones); acquired from Celestial subtype monsters, CR14 or above
    • Bad Breath (Su): you spew forth a jet of strange gas from your mouth; automatically inflicts various negative conditions to all opponents within 30’, including the creature emits a 30’ cloud of foul gas; this attack is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; all creatures caught with the cloud are affected by the following status effects: Berserk, Blind, Confused, Mute, Poison, & Slowed; Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to resist each effect separately; acquired from Plant type monsters, CR16 or above
    • Mighty Guard (Su): you create a complex aura of protection on your party; all allies within 30’ gain the following benefits: Nul (all energy types), Protect, & Shell; acquired from Dragon type monsters, CR18 or above
    • Nova (Su): you unleash an apocalyptic explosion; automatically hits all opponents within 30’, dealing 20d12 points of non-specified damage (no saving throw); acquired from Outsider type monsters, CR20 or above
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-07-20 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added image

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    You should describe a locale as someone would bec seeing for the first time, so an initial state would be best. Also, please don't call High Summoner Yuna "Meg Ryan."
    Yuna? Pfft.

Tidus is Meg Ryan.

You can PM me any descriptions that you've crafted. I will do only the most minimal editing, as necessary, & you will be credited prominently for your contribution.
    Mmkay. I'll get on that.
    I'll be trying to include pictures too. Some of your entries are missing them. In fact, I just may write my own full descriptions (Excluding, for the most part, crunch, if any is necessary) and you can take what you need. I'll describe the location as they are before and after FFX as well as how the characters affect them and you can exclude the parts you don't want.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Kimahri Ronso
    [spoiler]NAME- Kimahri Ronso
    Did you decide not to give him "slight build"? It's not mentioned.

Debby

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Did you decide not to give him "slight build"? It's not mentioned.

Debby
    No, for the time being, I'm just going to keep all Ronso as Large creatures, for balance reasons, simplicity's sake, & ease of play. If it becomes a greater issue, I may consider changing it, but I don't want to open another can of worms if I don't have to.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuna? Pfft.

Tidus is Meg Ryan.
    Ah, yes. I see what you mean. I stand corrected.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-06-30 at 07:32 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Wakka
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME- Wakka
    CLASS- Blitzer
    RACE- Hume
    ALIGNMENT- Chaotic Good
    LEVEL- 1st
    SIZE- Medium
    AGE- 23 years old
    GENDER- male
    HEIGHT- 6’2”
    WEIGHT- 200 lbs
    EYES- brown
    HAIR- reddish-orange
    LANGUAGES
    • Common

ABILITIES
    • Strength 14 (+2)
    • Dexterity 15 (+2)
    • Constitution 12 (+1)
    • Intelligence 10 (+0)
    • Wisdom 8 (-1)
    • Charisma 13 (+1)

HIT POINTS- 9 HP
    MAGIC POINTS- 22MP
    ARMOR CLASS- 15 (+2 Dex, +2 leather, +1 armguard); touch 12; flat-footed 13
    SPEED- 30’
    INITIATIVE- +2
    BASE ATTACK BONUS
    • Melee +2 = +0 (Base) +2 (Str)
    • Ranged +2 = +0 (Base) +2 (Dex)

CARRYING CAPACITY
    • Light Load 0-58 lbs.
    • Medium Load 59-116 lbs.
    • Heavy Load 117-175 lbs.
    • Lift Over Head 175 lbs.
    • Lift Off Ground 350 lbs.
    • Push or Drag 875 lbs.

SAVING THROWS
    • Fortitude +3 = +2 (Base) +1 (Con)
    • Reflex +4 = +2 (Base) +2 (Dex)
    • Will -1 = +0 (Base) -1 (Wis)

SKILLS (*=cross-class)
    • Balance (Dex, +2=2+0)
    • Bluff (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Climb (Str, +6=2+4)
    • Concentration (Con, +1=1+0)
    • Craft (Int, +0=0+0)
    • Diplomacy (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Disguise (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Escape Artist (Dex, +2=2+0)
    • Forgery (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Gather Information (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Handle Animal (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Heal (Wis, -1=-1+0)*
    • Hide (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Intimidate (Cha, +1=1+0)
    • Jump (Str, +6=2+4)
    • Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Listen (Wis, -1=-1+0)*
    • Move Silently (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Open Locks (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Perform (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Profession (Wis, +3=-1+4)
    • Ride (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Search (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Sense Motive (Wis, -1=-1+0)
    • Sleight of Hand (Dex, +2=2+0)
    • Speak Language (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Spot (Wis, -1=-1+0)
    • Survival (Wis, -1=-1+0)*
    • Swim (Str, +6=2+4)
    • Tumble (Dex, +6=2+4)
    • Use Magical Device (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Use Rope (Dex, +2=2+0)*

FEATS
    • Point Blank Shot [General]
    • Far Shot [General]

WEAPONS
    • blitzball (1d6, 20/Χ2, 15’ range, 2lbs, bouncing, bludgeoning)

ARMOR
    • leather (+2AC, max. dex. +6, speed 30’, 15lbs)
    • armguard (+1AC, armor check penalty -1, 5lbs)

EQUIPMENT
    • 7gp (0 lbs)
    • Backpack (2gp, 2 lbs)
    • Bedroll (1sp, 5 lbs)
    • Sack (1sp, ½ lb)

ENCUMBERANCE- 45½ lbs (light load)
    CLASS FEATURES
    • Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Wakka is proficient with all simple & martial weapons, & with light armor & shields (except tower shields)
    • Dark Attack (Su): Wakka can charge 1 ranged attack with a blinding magic; if this ranged attack hits, then his opponent is rendered Blind (see Status Effects: Blind, below) for the next 3 rounds; his opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ his class level + his Charisma modifier) to resist; charging his ranged weapon is a swift action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity (although the ranged attack does provoke as normal); a ranged weapon remains charged for 1 round; this ability costs 5MP to use
    • Element Reels (Su): You can randomly strike your enemies with elemental damage. Roll 3d4, then re-roll any 1 or 2 die, if you wish; if none of the numbers match, then you deal an automatic critical to 1 opponent within 30’ with a ranged weapon. If 2 of the numbers match, you deal an automatic critical to 1 opponent within 30’ with a ranged weapon & consult the following list for the value that corresponds with the matching numbers:
    • 1 = Fire (deal an additional 2d8 fire damage)
    • 2 = Ice (deal an additional 2d8 cold damage)
    • 3 = Lightning (deal an additional 2d8 electricity damage)
    • 4 = Water (deal an additional 2d8 force damage)
    If all 3 of the numbers match, you deal an automatic critical to all opponents within 30’ with the same ranged weapon, & consult the above list for the value that corresponds with the matching numbers. This ability costs 100 OP to use.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-12-08 at 09:19 AM. Reason: fixed BAB

14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is it okay to call Yevon either Davros, John Lumic or the Master? Also, which would be a better nickname for the Aeons, Daleks (least suitible), Cybermen or Toclafane?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    Is it okay to call Yevon either Davros, John Lumic or the Master? Also, which would be a better nickname for the Aeons, Daleks (least suitible), Cybermen or Toclafane?
    Uh, what? I'm not sure where you're going with this.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Lulu
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME- Lulu
    CLASS- Black Mage
    RACE- Hume
    ALIGNMENT- Chaotic Good
    LEVEL- 1st
    SIZE- Medium
    AGE- 22 years old
    GENDER- female
    HEIGHT- 5’6”
    WEIGHT- 125 lbs
    EYES- red
    HAIR- black
    LANGUAGES
    • Common
    • Al Bhed
    • Ronso

ABILITIES
    • Strength 8 (-1)
    • Dexterity 13 (+1)
    • Constitution 14 (+2)
    • Intelligence 15 (+2)
    • Wisdom 12 (+1)
    • Charisma 10 (+0)

HIT POINTS- 9 HP
    MAGIC POINTS- 37MP
    ARMOR CLASS- 11 (+1 Dex, +0 bangle); touch 11; flat-footed 10
    SPEED- 30’
    INITIATIVE- +1
    BASE ATTACK BONUS
    • Melee -1 = +0 (Base) -1 (Str)
    • Ranged +1 = +0 (Base) +1 (Dex)

CARRYING CAPACITY
    • Light Load 0-26 lbs.
    • Medium Load 27-53 lbs.
    • Heavy Load 54-80 lbs.
    • Lift Over Head 80 lbs.
    • Lift Off Ground 160 lbs.
    • Push or Drag 400 lbs.

SAVING THROWS
    • Fortitude +2 = +0 (Base) +2 (Con)
    • Will +3 = +2 (Base) +1 (Wis)

SKILLS (*=cross-class)
    • Appraise (Int, +2=2+0)
    • Balance (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Bluff (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Climb (Str, -1=-1+0)*
    • Concentration (Con, +6=2+4)
    • Craft (Int, +2=2+0)
    • Decipher Script (Int, +2=2+0)
    • Diplomacy (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Disable Device (Int, +2=2+0)*
    • Disguise (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Forgery (Int, +2=2+0)
    • Gather Information (Cha, +0=0+0)
    • Handle Animal (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Heal (Wis, +1=1+0)*
    • Hide (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Intimidate (Cha, +0=0+0)
    • Jump (Str, -1=-1+0)*
    • Knowledge (Arcana) (Int, +6=2+4)
    • Listen (Wis, +1=1+0)
    • Perform (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Ride (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Search (Int, +2=2+0)
    • Speak Language (Int, +2=2+0)
    • Spellcraft (Int, +6=2+4)
    • Spot (Wis, +1=1+0)*
    • Survival (Wis, +1=1+0)*
    • Swim (Str, -1=-1+0)*
    • Tumble (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Use Magical Device (Cha, +2=0+2)

FEATS
    • Toughness [General]
    • Empower Spell [Metamagic]

WEAPONS
    • battle doll (1d4, 20/Χ2, 1lb, bludgeoning)

ARMOR
    • bangle (+0AC, 0lbs)

EQUIPMENT
    • 7gp (0 lbs)
    • Backpack (2gp, 2 lbs)
    • Bedroll (1sp, 5 lbs)
    • Candles (Χ5, 5cp, 0 lbs)
    • Case, Scroll (1gp, ½ lbs)
    • Ink (Χ3, 40gp, 0 lbs)
    • Inkpen (1sp, 0 lbs)
    • Lantern, Hooded (7gp, 2 lbs)
    • Oil, Flask (1sp, 1 lb)
    • Parchment, Sheet (Χ25, 5gp, 0 lbs)
    • Sack (1sp, ½ lb)

ENCUMBERANCE- 28 lbs (medium load)
    CLASS FEATURES
    • Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Lulu is proficient with the club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, & quarterstaff, but not with any type of armor or shield; armor of any type interferes with a black mage’s gestures, which can cause her class features to fail (treat all spell-like class features as spells with somatic components for the purposes of spell failure rates); the only armor that a black mage can safely use are protective bangles
    • Thunder (Sp): Lulu can attack an enemy with electrical energy; this is a ranged touch attack that deals 1d4 points of electricity damage per class level to 1 opponent within 30’ on a successful hit; her opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ her class level + her Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 4MP to use
    • Fury (Sp): You can hurl a storm of violent spells at your enemies. Choose one Evocation spell or spell-like ability that you know & roll a Spellcraft check (DC20); you can cast that spell once for every point that you beat the check by (minimum 1). All spells are cast in the same round, & do not have to be prepared beforehand; they also do not count against your number of spells per day. However, these spells all do half damage against opponents. This ability costs 100 OP to use.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-07-20 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added image

17. - Top - End - #227

Uh, what? I'm not sure where you're going with this.
    Davros, John Lumic and the Master.

"Yes... yes. To hold in my hand a capsule that contained such power... to know that life and death on such a scale was my choice. To know that the tiny pressure on my thumb, enough to break the glass, would end everything. Yes - I would do it. That power would set me up above the gods! And through the Daleks, I shall have that power!"
    ―Davros when asked by the Doctor if he had the power to unleash a deadly viral plague, would he use it.

"This is the age of steel and I am its creator."
    ―John Lumic converted into Cyber Controller.

"So it came to pass, that the human race fell... and the Earth was no more. And I looked down upon my new dominion, as Master of all, and I thought it... good."
    ―The Master as Harold Saxon.

So, is my Yevon/Davros, John Lumic and the Master analogy valid?
    Last edited by Agrippa; 2008-07-28 at 01:44 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Rikku
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME- Rikku
    CLASS- Bandit
    RACE- Al Bhed
    ALIGNMENT- Chaotic Good
    LEVEL- 1st
    SIZE- Medium
    AGE- 15 years old
    GENDER- female
    HEIGHT- 5’2”
    WEIGHT- 105 lbs
    EYES- green (swirled)
    HAIR- blonde
    LANGUAGES
    • Al Bhed
    • Common

ABILITIES
    • Strength 10 (+0)
    • Dexterity 17 (+3)
    • Constitution 11 (+0)
    • Intelligence 12 (+1)
    • Wisdom 8 (-1)
    • Charisma 14 (+2)

HIT POINTS- 6 HP
    MAGIC POINTS- 22MP
    ARMOR CLASS- 16 (+3 Dex, +2 leather, +1 targe); touch 13; flat-footed 13
    SPEED- 30’
    INITIATIVE- +7
    BASE ATTACK BONUS
    • Melee +0 = +0 (Base) +0 (Str)
    • Ranged +3 = +0 (Base) +3 (Dex)

CARRYING CAPACITY
    • Light Load 0-33 lbs.
    • Medium Load 34-66 lbs.
    • Heavy Load 67-100 lbs.
    • Lift Over Head 100 lbs.
    • Lift Off Ground 200 lbs.
    • Push or Drag 500 lbs.

SAVING THROWS
    • Fortitude +0 = +0 (Base) +0 (Con)
    • Reflex +5 = +2 (Base) +3 (Dex)
    • Will -1 = +0 (Base) -1 (Wis)

SKILLS (*=cross-class)
    • Appraise (Int, +1=1+0)*
    • Balance (Dex, +3=3+0)
    • Bluff (Cha, +6=2+4)
    • Climb (Str, +0=0+0)
    • Concentration (Con, +0=0+0)*
    • Craft (Int, +3=1+0+2)
    • Decipher Script (Int, +1=1+0)
    • Diplomacy (Cha, +2=2+0)*
    • Disable Device (Int, +7=1+4+2)
    • Disguise (Cha, +2=2+0) (+6 to masquerade as a Hume)
    • Escape Artist (Dex, +3=3+0)
    • Forgery (Int, +1=1+0)
    • Gather Information (Cha, +2=2+0)
    • Handle Animal (Cha, +2=2+0)*
    • Heal (Wis, -1=-1+0)*
    • Hide (Dex, +6=3+3)
    • Intimidate (Cha, +2=2+0)*
    • Jump (Str, +2=0+2)
    • Knowledge (Architecture) (Int, +1=1+0)
    • Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (Int, +1=1+0)
    • Knowledge (Local) (Int, +1=1+0)
    • Listen (Wis, -1=-1+0)
    • Move Silently (Dex, +6=3+3)
    • Open Locks (Dex, +7=3+4)
    • Perform (Cha, +2=2+0)
    • Profession (Wis, -1=-1+0)
    • Ride (Dex, +3=3+0)*
    • Search (Int, +1=1+0)
    • Sense Motive (Wis, -1=-1+0)
    • Sleight of Hand (Dex, +7=3+4)
    • Speak Language (Int, +1=1+0)*
    • Spellcraft (Int, +1=1+0)*
    • Spot (Wis, -1=-1+0)
    • Survival (Wis, -1=-1+0)
    • Swim (Str, +4=0+4)
    • Tumble (Dex, +7=3+4)
    • Use Magical Device (Cha, +2=2+0)*
    • Use Rope (Dex, +3=3+0)

FEATS
    • Improved Initiative [General]

WEAPONS
    • claw (1d6, 20/Χ2, 1lb, slashing)

ARMOR
    • leather (+2AC, max. dex. +6, speed 30’, 15lbs)
    • targe (+1AC, armor check penalty -1, 5lbs)

EQUIPMENT
    • 10gp (0 lbs)
    • Backpack (2gp, 2 lbs)
    • Bedroll (1sp, 5 lbs)
    • Sack (1sp, ½ lb)
    • Thieves Toolkit (50gp, 1 lb)

ENCUMBERANCE- 25½ lbs (light load)
    CLASS FEATURES
    • +2 racial bonus on attack rolls against Constructs
    • +2 racial bonus on all saving throws versus mechanical traps
    • Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Rikku is proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, & short sword; she is proficient with light armor, but not with shields
    • Steal (Su): Rikku can rob her enemies while she fights them; during battle, she may make a touch attack upon an opponent; if she connects, she may attempt a Sleight of Hand check (DC10 + the opponent’s CR) to steal 1 item worn or carried by the opponent; she suffers no penalties for thievery performed in plain sight of her target; Rikku cannot attack an opponent in the same round that she performs this maneuver; this is a swift action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability does not consume any MP to use
    • Mix (Su): You can combine any 2 items (weapons, armor, coins, food, clothing, etc.) that you possess into a magical object. The effect of this object is determined at random, & the 2 constituent items are destroyed in the process. Roll 1d20 & consult the following list for possible effects:
    • 1 = deals 1d4 damage to all opponents within 30’
    • 2 = deals 1d8 damage to all opponents within 30’
    • 3 = deals 1d12 damage to all opponents within 30’
    • 4 = deals 1d20 damage to all opponents within 30’
    • 5 = deals 1d% damage to all opponents within 30’
    • 6 = deals 2d6 fire damage to all opponents within 30’
    • 7 = deals 2d6 cold damage to all opponents within 30’
    • 8 = deals 2d6 electricity damage to all opponents within 30’
    • 9 = deals 2d6 acid damage to all opponents within 30’
    • 10 = inflicts Poisoned status on all opponents within 30’; Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Charisma modifier) to resist
    • 11 = inflicts Blind status on all opponents within 30’; Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Charisma modifier) to resist
    • 12 = inflicts Confused status on all opponents within 30’; Will save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Charisma modifier) to resist
    • 13 = inflicts Petrified status on all opponents within 30’; Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Charisma modifier) to resist
    • 14 = inflicts KO status on all opponents within 30’; Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Charisma modifier) to resist
    • 15 = heal 1d8 points of damage to multiple allies within 30’ (up to 4, including yourself)
    • 16 = heal 1d20 points of damage to multiple allies within 30’ (up to 4, including yourself)
    • 17 = grants multiple allies within 30’ (up to 4, including yourself) 1d12 temporary hit points
    • 18 = grants multiple allies within 30’ (up to 4, including yourself) a +4 natural armor bonus, which lasts for 24 hours
    • 19 = grants multiple allies within 30’ (up to 4, including yourself) a +2 luck bonus to all saving throws for 24 hours
    • 20 = deals 20d12 damage to all opponents within 30’ & multiple allies within 30’ (up to 4, including yourself)

Once you have determined the effect of combining 2 particular items, combining 2 identical items will always yield the same result (no rolling required). This ability costs 100 OP to use; combining items without spending 100 OP yield no such results.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-12-08 at 09:21 AM. Reason: fixed Fortitude

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Valefor
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME- Valefor
    CLASS- Aeon 5/Winged Fayth 5
    RACE- Aeon (Outsider, Aeon subtype)
    ALIGNMENT- True Neutral
    LEVEL- 10th
    SIZE- Medium (Space 5’/Reach 5’)
    AGE- 11 years old
    GENDER- female
    HEIGHT- 6’6”
    WEIGHT- 300 lbs
    EYES- white (pupil-less)
    HAIR- red feathers
    LANGUAGES
    • Common

ABILITIES
    • Strength 14 (+2)
    • Dexterity 15 (+2)
    • Constitution 15 (+2)
    • Intelligence 10 (+0)
    • Wisdom 12 (+1)
    • Charisma 8 (-1)

HIT POINTS- 68 HP
    MAGIC POINTS- 299 MP
    ARMOR CLASS- 19 (+2 Dex, +2 Con, +5 natural armor); touch 12; flat-footed 17
    SPEED- 30’; Fly 90’ (average maneuverability)
    INITIATIVE- +2
    BASE ATTACK BONUS
    • Melee +12 = +10 (Base) +2 (Str)
    • Ranged +12 = +10 (Base) +2 (Dex)

CARRYING CAPACITY
    • Light Load 0-58 lbs.
    • Medium Load 59-116 lbs.
    • Heavy Load 117-175 lbs.
    • Lift Over Head 175 lbs.
    • Lift Off Ground 350 lbs.
    • Push or Drag 875 lbs.

SAVING THROWS
    • Fortitude +7 = +5 (Base) +2 (Con)
    • Reflex +10 = +8 (Base) +2 (Dex)
    • Will +6 = +5 (Base) +1 (Wis)

SKILLS (*=cross-class)
    • Balance (Dex, +12=2+10)
    • Bluff (Cha, -1=-1+0)*
    • Climb (Str, +15=2+13)
    • Concentration (Con, +2=2+0)*
    • Craft (Int, -10=0+0-10)*
    • Disable Device (Int, -10=0+0-10)*
    • Disguise (Cha, -1=-1+0)*
    • Escape Artist (Dex, -8=2+0-10)*
    • Forgery (Int, +0=0+0-10)*
    • Heal (Wis, +1=1+0)*
    • Hide (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Intimidate (Cha, +10=-1+11)
    • Jump (Str, +14=2+12)
    • Knowledge (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Listen (Wis, +11=1+10)
    • Open Locks (Dex, -8=2+0-10)*
    • Profession (Wis, +1=1+0)*
    • Ride (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Search (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Sleight of Hand (Dex, -8=2+0-10)*
    • Spot (Wis, +12=1+11)
    • Survival (Wis, +10=1+9)
    • Swim (Str, +2=2+0)*
    • Tumble (Dex, +10=2+8)
    • Use Rope (Dex, -8=2+0-10)*

FEATS
    • Dodge [General]
    • Flyby Attack [Monster]
    • Hover [Monster] B
    • Mobility [General]
    • Wingover [Monster]

WEAPONS
    • N/A

ARMOR
    • N/A

EQUIPMENT
    • 0gp (0 lbs)

ENCUMBERANCE- 0 lbs (light load)
    CLASS FEATURES
    • Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Valefor is proficient with all simple & martial weapons, but not with any type of armor or shield
    • Aeon Form: Valefor becomes an Aeon; her type becomes [Outsider] & her subtype becomes [Aeon] (see Creature Subtypes: Aeon, below); as such, she gains Darkvision out to 60’; in addition, she does not need to eat or sleep (although she can do so if she wishes); lastly, her body & soul are fused into one unit, & therefore spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, & resurrection, don’t work on her; it takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection to restore her to life
    • Natural Armor (Su): Valefor gains a natural armor bonus to her AC equal to ½ her HD; in addition, she can add her Constitution bonus (if any) to her AC; these bonuses do not apply against touch attacks, & she loses the bonuses when she wears any armor, or when she carries a shield
    • Aeon Boost (Su): Valefor can choose, as a swift action, to lower her defenses for 1 round; during that round, all damage sustained by her is multiplied by 1.5; because of this, all Overdrive Points (OP’s) accrued during that round are multiplied by 3
    • Flight (Ex): Valefor’s arms permanently transform into wings, granting her the power of flight; she gains a fly speed equal to her base land speed + 60’ (average maneuverability); as her wings cannot be used as arms, she loses the ability to use manufactured weapons; she also takes a -10 penalty to some skills (Craft, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Forgery, Open Lock, Sleight of Hand, & Use Rope) or any other activity that uses her hands; any claw or slam attack natural weapon is also lost, but is replaced with a bite attack natural weapon with the same damage as her previous one
    • Elemental Mage (Sp): Valefor gains some element-related spell-like abilities; she can now cast Blizzard (4MP), Fire (4MP), Thunder (4MP), & Water (4MP); she casts these like a Black Mage with a class level equal to her HD; she does not need any somatic components to cast these, but she must spend the MP cost to cast such abilities
    • Mark of Status (Su): Valefor gains a resistance bonus equal to her HD to all saving throws to defend against acquiring a negative status effect (all except Hasted &/or Regen; see Status Effects)
    • Sonic Wings (Su): Valefor can beat her wings with deadly force while hovering; all creatures within 30’ take sonic damage equal to 1d8 + her Strength modifier & a -5 Initiative penalty for the next round; if a creature makes a Reflex save (DC10 + ½ your class level + her Wisdom modifier), then they only take half damage & negate the Initiative penalty; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity
    • Energy Ray (Su): Valefor can automatically hit all opponents within 30’ with a ray of fierce energy, dealing 4d8 points of damage to each (no saving throw); this is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 100 OP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-12-08 at 09:24 AM. Reason: fixed skills

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

One very very minor thing, if the Square Mechanical Arts figures are to be believed, the name of the airship from FFX is "Continental Circus" which I think is silly. But since it's never mentioned in the game you might want to note that. Or not.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    One very very minor thing, if the Square Mechanical Arts figures are to be believed, the name of the airship from FFX is "Continental Circus" which I think is silly. But since it's never mentioned in the game you might want to note that. Or not.
    Wow, okay. I've never heard it called that, & that sounds like an Engrish macekre version of an original Japanese (serious, for a culture that crafts beautiful stories & vivid art design on a regular basis, the Japanese method for name generation is... interesting, to say the least). I'm gonna stick with the canonical name for the airship, the "Fahrenheit", as opposed to "Super Happy Fun-Time Spaceship Kazuya-ko."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Ifrit
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME- Ifrit
    CLASS- Aeon 8/Burning Fayth 5
    RACE- Aeon (Outsider, Fire subtype, Aeon subtype)
    ALIGNMENT- True Neutral
    LEVEL- 13th
    SIZE- Large (Space 10’/Reach 10’)
    AGE- 26 years old
    GENDER- male
    HEIGHT- 12’6”
    WEIGHT- 2,300 lbs
    EYES- yellow (pupil-less)
    HAIR- red
    LANGUAGES
    • Common

ABILITIES
    • Strength 24 (+7)
    • Dexterity 12 (+1)
    • Constitution 19 (+4)
    • Intelligence 10 (+0)
    • Wisdom 12 (+1)
    • Charisma 8 (-1)

HIT POINTS- 101 HP
    MAGIC POINTS- 450 MP
    ARMOR CLASS- 22 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +4 Con, +8 natural armor); touch 10; flat-footed 21
    SPEED- 30’
    INITIATIVE- +1
    BASE ATTACK BONUS
    • Melee +19 = +13 (Base) +7 (Str) -1 (size)
    • Ranged +13 = +13 (Base) +1 (Dex) -1 (size)

CARRYING CAPACITY
    • Light Load 0-233 lbs.
    • Medium Load 234-466 lbs.
    • Heavy Load 467-700 lbs.
    • Lift Over Head 700 lbs.
    • Lift Off Ground 1,400 lbs.
    • Push or Drag 3,500 lbs.

SAVING THROWS
    • Fortitude +14 = +10 (Base) +4 (Con)
    • Reflex +8 = +7 (Base) +1 (Dex)
    • Will +8 = +7 (Base) +1 (Wis)

SKILLS (*=cross-class)
    • Balance (Dex, +13=1+12)
    • Bluff (Cha, -1=-1+0)*
    • Climb (Str, +20=7+13)
    • Concentration (Con, +4=4+0)*
    • Craft (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Disguise (Cha, -1=-1+0)*
    • Forgery (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Heal (Wis, +1=1+0)*
    • Hide (Dex, -3=1+0-4)*
    • Intimidate (Cha, +13=-1+14)
    • Jump (Str, +26=7+16+3)
    • Knowledge (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Listen (Wis, +7=1+10)
    • Move Silently (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Ride (Dex, +1=1+0)*
    • Search (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Spot (Wis, +13=1+12)
    • Survival (Wis, +10=1+9)
    • Swim (Str, +7=7+0)*
    • Tumble (Dex, +13=1+12)

FEATS
    • Cleave [General]
    • Improved Bull Rush [General]
    • Improved Overrun [General]
    • Power Attack [General]
    • Skill Focus (Jump) [General]

WEAPONS
    • claws (1d8+7, 20/Χ2, slashing)

ARMOR
    • N/A

EQUIPMENT
    • 0gp (0 lbs)

CLASS FEATURES
    • Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Ifrit is proficient with all simple & martial weapons, but not with any type of armor or shield
    • Aeon Form: Ifrit becomes an Aeon; his type becomes [Outsider] & his subtype becomes [Aeon] (see Creature Subtypes: Aeon, below); as such, he gains Darkvision out to 60’; in addition, he does not need to eat or sleep (although he can do so if he wishes); lastly, his body & soul are fused into one unit, & therefore spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, & resurrection, don’t work on him; it takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection to restore him to life
    • Natural Armor (Su): Ifrit gains a natural armor bonus to his AC equal to ½ his HD; in addition, he can add his Constitution bonus (if any) to his AC; these bonuses do not apply against touch attacks, & he loses the bonuses when he wears any armor, or when he carries a shield
    • Aeon Boost (Su): Ifrit can choose, as a swift action, to lower his defenses for 1 round; during that round, all damage sustained by him is multiplied by 1.5; because of this, all Overdrive Points (OP’s) accrued during that round are multiplied by 3
    • Natural Weapon (Ex): Ifrit gains a natural weapon; he may choose either a claw attack (slashing) or slam attack (bludgeoning) upon gaining this feature; once his choice has been made, it cannot be changed; this natural weapon deals damage based on his size (Fine 1, Diminutive 1d2, Tiny 1d3, Small 1d4, Medium 1d6, Large 1d8, Huge 2d6, Gargantuan 2d8, Colossal 4d6; critical 20/Χ2); once he gains this natural weapon, he can no longer use manufactured weapons with his hands, as they have become unsuitable for the purpose of wielding them
    • Form of Flames (Su): Ifrit becomes a fiery being; he gains the [Fire] subtype, meaning that he has immunity to fire damage & vulnerability to cold damage, which means it takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from cold-based attacks, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure; also, any fire-based damage actually restores HP equal to the amount of damage that it would normally inflict
    • Fire Mage (Sp): Ifrit gains some fire-related spell-like abilities; he can now cast Fire (4MP), NulBlaze (2MP), & NulFrost (2MP); he casts these like a Black Mage with a class level equal to his HD; he does not need any somatic components to cast these, but he must spend the MP cost to cast such abilities
    • Mark of Status (Su): Ifrit gains a resistance bonus equal to his HD to all saving throws to defend against acquiring a negative status effect (all except Hasted &/or Regen; see Status Effects, above)
    • Meteor Strike (Su): Ifrit can blast his enemies with concussive flames; this is a special ranged attack (his BAB + his Dexterity modifier + 5; no size modifier) on a single opponent within 30’ that deals 1d8 bludgeoning damage + 2d6 fire damage; Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ his class level + his Wisdom modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity
    • Hellfire (Su): Ifrit can automatically hit all opponents within 30’ with a catastrophic inferno that lifts them high into the air, dealing 4d6 points of fire damage & 3d6 points of falling damage to each (no saving throw); this is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 100 OP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-07-24 at 08:16 PM. Reason: added link

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

I believe Valefor is female, and the Final Fantasy wiki you linked to backs me up. Also, I'm not sure about some of the alignments you're giving the characters. It's not that I think they're wrong, per se, I just feel like we really don't get enough evidence in the game(of course, that could be why you gave them those alignments).
    Blue avatar by The Stoney One.

24. - Top - End - #234

Wow, okay. I've never heard it called that, & that sounds like an Engrish macekre version of an original Japanese (serious, for a culture that crafts beautiful stories & vivid art design on a regular basis, the Japanese method for name generation is... interesting, to say the least). I'm gonna stick with the canonical name for the airship, the "Fahrenheit", as opposed to "Super Happy Fun-Time Spaceship Kazuya-ko."
    I think that's a safe bet Zeta. Any more "Cybermen" (read as Aeons) coming up soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Also, the Fahrenheit makes sense when compared to the Celsius from FFX-2.

I've been reading this without commenting for some time, and I have to say it is truly amazing, Zeta. You really have stuck to the ideas behind both systems which make it great. Huzzah!

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Insanealien View Post
    I've been reading this without commenting for some time, and I have to say it is truly amazing, Zeta. You really have stuck to the ideas behind both systems which make it great. Huzzah!
    Thanks, Insanealien, It's always nice to hear from a fan of my work. Note, the monsters are yet to come; I'm working feverishly on all of them.

For the record, I fixed Valefor's gender. You're right, Devin, it is a female, believe it or not.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-07-03 at 11:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

In case anyone's still concerned about the Fahrenheit vs. Continental Circus debate (I doubt it, but I figured I'd contribute this anyway) I noticed there are glyphs that appear to be Al Bhed in the ship's thruster thingy. They spin and they're really hard to read, but maybe they correspond to the Al Bhed translations of Fahrenheit or Continental Circus? Like I said, I doubt anyone cares, but it was just something I noticed. Plus, I already had Spiran and Al Bhed fonts on my computer and I needed an excuse to use them. ^_^

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Glad I could help.

Anything about the alignments? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just like reading about character interpretations.
    Blue avatar by The Stoney One.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devin View Post
    Anything about the alignments? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just like reading about character interpretations.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your earlier query, but there just isn't much to say about the alignments of these sample characters. They are what they are, & are chosen according to my own personal view of that character & what I interpret the alignments to actually mean. I could go on & on about the various reasonings for why I chose one alignment over another for each character, but it would be pointless, & would only invite more pointless discussion regarding alignments, which are nearly-irrelevant aspects of a character in this setting.

I don't think much of alignments, & I think even less of alignment debates. They never change anyone's mind, & all they do generate divisiveness. I've never seen a more problematic design element in a game, nor one that creates more arguments among players attempting to come to a consensus on its meaning. I'm frankly amazed that WotC left alignment in 4E at all; it seemed liked as good as time as any to jettison the little troublemaker.

I imagine that this answer is likely to disappoint you, Devin, & for that I'm sorry. If you really wanna chat about alignments or some such, please feel free to PM me. But alignment debate is not what this project is about, so I will not discuss it here any further. If anyone disagrees with my choices here, feel free to change things to suit your particular campaign, as with anything else.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-07-06 at 11:26 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Ixion
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME- Ixion
    CLASS- Aeon 11/Shocking Fayth 5
    RACE- Aeon (Outsider, Lightning subtype, Aeon subtype)
    ALIGNMENT- True Neutral
    LEVEL- 16th
    SIZE- Large (Space 10’/Reach 10’)
    AGE- 34 years old
    GENDER- male
    LENGTH- 12’6”
    WEIGHT- 2,300 lbs
    EYES- bluish-white (pupil-less)
    HAIR- white
    LANGUAGES
    • Common

ABILITIES
    • Strength 22 (+6)
    • Dexterity 14 (+2)
    • Constitution 19 (+4)
    • Intelligence 8 (-1)
    • Wisdom 13 (+1)
    • Charisma 10 (+0)

HIT POINTS- 84 HP
    MAGIC POINTS- 525 MP
    ARMOR CLASS- 26 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +11 natural armor); touch 11; flat-footed 24
    SPEED- 30’
    INITIATIVE- +2
    BASE ATTACK BONUS
    • Melee +21 = +16 (Base) +6 (Str) -1 (size)
    • Ranged +17 = +16 (Base) +2 (Dex) -1 (size)

CARRYING CAPACITY
    • Light Load 0-173 lbs.
    • Medium Load 174-346 lbs.
    • Heavy Load 347-520 lbs.
    • Lift Over Head 520 lbs.
    • Lift Off Ground 1,040 lbs.
    • Push or Drag 2,600 lbs.

SAVING THROWS
    • Fortitude +12 = +8 (Base) +4 (Con)
    • Reflex +13 = +11 (Base) +2 (Dex)
    • Will +9 = +8 (Base) +1 (Wis)

SKILLS (*=cross-class)
    • Appraise (Int, -1=-1+0)*
    • Balance (Dex, +21=2+19)
    • Bluff (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Climb (Str, +16=6+10)
    • Concentration (Con, +4=4+0)*
    • Craft (Int, -1=-1+0)*
    • Decipher Script (Int, -1=-1+0)*
    • Diplomacy (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Disable Device (Int, -1=-1+0)*
    • Disguise (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Escape Artist (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Forgery (Int, -1=-1+0)*
    • Gather Information (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Handle Animal (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Heal (Wis, +1=1+0)*
    • Hide (Dex, -2=2+0-4)*
    • Intimidate (Cha, +11=0+11)
    • Jump (Str, +18=6+12)
    • Knowledge (Int, -1=-1+0)*
    • Listen (Wis, +14=1+13)
    • Open Locks (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Perform (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Ride (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Search (Int, -1=-1+0)*
    • Sleight of Hand (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Speak Language (Int, -1=-1+0)*
    • Spellcraft (Int, -1=-1+0)*
    • Spot (Wis, +10=1+9)
    • Survival (Wis, +16=1+15)
    • Swim (Str, +6=6+0)*
    • Tumble (Dex, +16=2+14)
    • Use Magical Device (Cha, +0=0+0)*
    • Use Rope (Dex, +2=2+0)*

FEATS
    • Alertness [General]
    • Diehard [General]
    • Endurance [General]
    • Improved Overrun [General]
    • Power Attack [General]
    • Run [General]

WEAPONS
    • horn (1d8+6, 20/Χ2, piercing)

ARMOR
    • N/A

EQUIPMENT
    • 0gp (0 lbs)

CLASS FEATURES
    • Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Ixion is proficient with all simple & martial weapons, but not with any type of armor or shield
    • Aeon Form: Ixion becomes an Aeon; his type becomes [Outsider] & his subtype becomes [Aeon] (see Creature Subtypes: Aeon, below); as such, he gains Darkvision out to 60’; in addition, he does not need to eat or sleep (although he can do so if he wishes); lastly, his body & soul are fused into one unit, & therefore spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, & resurrection, don’t work on him; it takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection to restore him to life
    • Natural Armor (Su): Ixion gains a natural armor bonus to his AC equal to ½ his HD; in addition, he can add his Constitution bonus (if any) to his AC; these bonuses do not apply against touch attacks, & he loses the bonuses when he wears any armor, or when he carries a shield
    • Aeon Boost (Su): Ixion can choose, as a swift action, to lower his defenses for 1 round; during that round, all damage sustained by him is multiplied by 1.5; because of this, all Overdrive Points (OP’s) accrued during that round are multiplied by 3
    • Natural Weapon (Ex): Ixion gains a natural weapon; he may choose either a claw attack (slashing) or slam attack (bludgeoning) upon gaining this feature; once his choice has been made, it cannot be changed; this natural weapon deals damage based on his size (Fine 1, Diminutive 1d2, Tiny 1d3, Small 1d4, Medium 1d6, Large 1d8, Huge 2d6, Gargantuan 2d8, Colossal 4d6; critical 20/Χ2); once he gains this natural weapon, he can no longer use manufactured weapons with his hands, as they have become unsuitable for the purpose of wielding them
    • Aeon Shield (Su): Ixion can choose, as a swift action, to raise his defenses for 1 round; during that round, all damage sustained by him is reduced by 75%; because of this, he cannot accrue Overdrive Points (OP’s) during that round
    • Form of Thunder (Su): Ixion becomes an electric being; he gains the [Lightning] subtype, meaning that he has immunity to electricity damage & vulnerability to water (force) damage, which means he takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from water-based attacks, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure; also, any electricity-based damage actually restores HP equal to the amount of damage that it would normally inflict
    • Lightning Mage (Sp): Ixion gains some lightning-related spell-like abilities; he can now cast Thunder (4MP), Thundara (8MP), NulShock (2MP), & NulTide (2MP); he casts these like a Black Mage with a class level equal to his HD; he does not need any somatic components to cast these, but he must spend the MP cost to cast such abilities
    • Mark of Status (Su): Ixion gains a resistance bonus equal to his HD to all saving throws to defend against acquiring a negative status effect (all except Hasted &/or Regen; see Status Effects, above)
    • Aerospark (Su): Ixion can blast his enemies with shocking energy; this is a special ranged attack (his BAB + his Dexterity modifier + 5; no size modifier) on a single opponent within 30’ that deals 2d6 electricity damage & suffer a dispel effect (opponent loses all positive conditions such as ability boosts from spells or spell-like effects, haste effects, hastega effects, nul effects (including mighty guard), shell effects, protect effects, reflect effects, & regen effects); if a creature makes a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ his class level + his Wisdom modifier), then they only take half damage & negate the dispel effect; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity
    • Thor’s Hammer (Su): Ixion can automatically hit all opponents within 30’ with a deadly lightning bolt, dealing 5d8 points of electricity damage to each; this ability costs 100 OP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-07-24 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added link