New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1516
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings V - We Revel in Infamy

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    How can a 3rd-level sorcerer hurt an epic-level sorcerer? At all?
    She may not be able to hurt his Hit-Points, but she can sure crush his FEELINGS!!!

2. - Top - End - #1142

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    She may not be able to hurt his Hit-Points, but she can sure crush his FEELINGS!!!
    Tia: You've got a forehead like a coffee table. {Emotional crit!}
    I have been shown who is the boss!
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Halfling in the Playground

Well...I'm sure no one really cares, but I'm giving up on Redcloak/Celia. I tried, but I couldn't get it to work. What I've already written sucks and I promise nobody wants to read what I had down on paper. (It was horrible)

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

Cross-posting some Haley/Celia of Lerky's from the House of Fanservice. It may or may not count as a pairing depending on how much Haley's enjoying her simple prank:

Quote Originally Posted by Lerky View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyergoblin View Post
    Well...I'm sure no one really cares, but I'm giving up on Redcloak/Celia. I tried, but I couldn't get it to work. What I've already written sucks and I promise nobody wants to read what I had down on paper. (It was horrible)
    It can't possibly be the worst thing on the thread. I read it and was curious about the whole problem of making an obviously guilty war criminal like Redcloak sympathetic to the audience, to Celia, and (possibly) the city he invaded.

At the very least, you may get some constructive criticism.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2010-01-10 at 10:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Dwarf in the Playground

The point being, I don't really think his objection is to sex with the living so much as it is to Tsukiko. She's creepy, slutty, and just some kid (she looks like she's a teenager or in her early twenties) who stumbled onto the big leagues where he could use her. He doesn't respect her. Girls who he doesn't respect become playthings, and his sex-drive isn't strong so he doesn't like playthings. He's creeped out by her come-ons.

Even if the possibility of lust is put aside, and it can be in regards to him, he respects Tiasal. She has a spine and isn't afraid of him. He wants to control her, but he respects her enough to not outright humiliate her to do it. A consensual sexual relationship provides a platform for that.
    Actually, this raises a number of purely mechanical questions. When Xykon became a lich, he was pretty much at the end of his natural life, and probably had little to no sex drive left. When he became an undead, did he keep those same levels of urges? What I mean is, if he had become a lich at, say, 40, would he have more of a sex drive thn he does now? 20? I don't even know.

Oh, two other factors that might turn Xykon off to Tiasal: She's young (if it's creepy from Tsukiko, it's creepy from her), and she's a virgin. His character sheet on TvTropes says that when he was alive he had no interest in virgins, because it was more interesting with someone with experience. I have not, however, read SoD, so I can't confirm it.

She would if she grew up under him. Her stint with him so far is having an effect on her and her psyche, but she would only think to do that if she is a teenager or young woman who has grown up with him (and if Xykon has been careful about her getting too close to Redcloak) she would think of sexual favors as a fine way of offering loyalty. If something happened (like if Xykon lied to her or something) and she became loyal to Redcloak, she'd do the same thing despite their blood relation. (Reddy would probably have a worse reaction than Xykon...)
    Mmm, I kinda disagree on the last bit. I'm sure someone mentioned to her that 'sleeping with relatives is bad, mmkay?' at some point in her life (on the other hand, you're the writer, but it seems fairly ooc for not a single member of the order to mention it to her in sixteen years). At the very least she seems perceptive enough to know the sort of reaction Redcloak would have. Of course, since she didn't grow up with him there's no Westermark Effect, but she should at least have a basic grasp of societal norms.

True, and it would also have the advantage of being extremely painful for Redcloak. (I mean, could you imagine?) But, provided that we're aiming for a happy ending (which I may or may not be), how would Redcloak do anything about it? And how would Vaarsuvius fit in, should she ever be revived?
    Hmm, I think if Redcloak thought Tiasal was truly falling under Xykon's thumb, he'd be forced to take action. He's a logical man, and I think he might consider growing up under Xykon's twisted tutelage as a fate far worse than death for his daughter. He might do something desperate like try to get in contact with any surviving members of the Order. Yeah, that sounds right. He'd enact some scheme that, even if he were discovered, would have a fair chance of succeeding in getting Tiasal away even without his direct involvement. I think he'd be able to weigh the risks ("if I'm found out, Tiasal spends a night topless with that crazy cleric, and Xykon punishes me. But my plan stays in motion without me having to do any further infractions, so there's still a chance I can save her").

As for V... Oh, I don't even know. Have fun writing that one.

Did you have sweet dreams? ^.^
    I was actually rather inebriated at that point and I'm amazed at the coherence of my post, since I only have a vague recollection of typing it. No dreams that I remember, though. Thanks for asking!

How can a 3rd-level sorcerer hurt an epic-level sorcerer? At all?
    They can't, and loophole has already proved he has a better grasp of the rules than that. Don't feed the troll.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you want to give up, go on ahead, but I assure you that there are people who want to read what you've written.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, this raises a number of purely mechanical questions. When Xykon became a lich, he was pretty much at the end of his natural life, and probably had little to no sex drive left. When he became an undead, did he keep those same levels of urges? What I mean is, if he had become a lich at, say, 40, would he have more of a sex drive thn he does now? 20? I don't even know.
    I don't think when he's undeadified would have much of an effect. Most of a sex drive is hormonal, and he doesn't have any hormones. Now, if he was having a lot of sex before dying or something, that probably would matter, but more in the vein of 'old habits' than an actual 'drive'.

And yes, I think it's now canon that Belkar is Bi. He claims that looking for both genders is a sacrifice, then when Roy says it isn't, he basically says, "Yeah, it's not."
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

8. - Top - End - #1148

Griffon

@Yiuel Yes, my name means “blood”. Back in high school, we used to LAN and play Quake and Counter Strike during break. When I started, I had just finished “The Silmarillion”, so I wanted an Elvish name that was appropriate for a first-person shooter. Then I decided I liked it and wanted to keep it as my online name.

@Nathander Thank you for the compliment.

@Eztheria Welcome and well done for your first pairing

@ShippoWildheart Welcome, soon you will be one of us, one of us, one of us...

@LawyerGoblin We don’t believe you. Prove it. (It’s Ok if it’s horrible. It’s practice for you and fun for everyone).

@Raging Gene Ray Nice.

Oh, and I’ve thought of another title: Crack pairings: Rationality is for the weak.

9. - Top - End - #1149

Oh hey, we're going to need another thread soon.

Six threads... that's impressive.

10. - Top - End - #1150

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    And yes, I think it's now canon that Belkar is Bi. He claims that looking for both genders is a sacrifice, then when Roy says it isn't, he basically says, "Yeah, it's not."
    Not that he should really care, since he could would just stab anyone who makes fun of him for it.
    Pseudo-Luigi of the Solt Lorkyurg Fanclub.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sgeo View Post
    So Vaarsuvius is an Epic Whatsit now. "Whatsit". I think I like that term.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CapedLuigiYoshi View Post
    Not that he should really care, since he could would just stab anyone who makes fun of him for it.
    Yeah, Belkar does enjoy stabbing just about anything, doesn't he? Male, female, V, he really doesn't care, as long as he gets to wield his weapon.

Also, of the Order, we now have:
    Roy: Straight, occasionally gender-bent
    Haley: Bi
    Dorkun: Straight
    Elan: Straight(but odd)
    V: Elven
    Belkar: Bi
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Put it down anyway. No one here is really in any position to criticize you, and I honestly would be interested in seeing a continuation of your work. I really liked what you had done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Smurf
    That's what I've been aiming for. Thank you. :> (And even though you didn't ask for it, I'm about to go on a psychology/English nerd rant--skip it if you like.)
    Considering my major is Psychology and I'm somewhat of an English buff myself, I love it when others do this. I like the way you've decided to develop Yutrin in general, but there's one thing you said that particularly stuck out to me.

He doesn't proselytize or get angry if someone else does not go by his faith's rules, but he becomes brave if someone actively disrespects his religion or his god, like how the non-human man did when he ripped away his holy symbol. He sees the Dark One not as a god of war, as Redcloak does, but as the provider of protection, love, and the gift of healing each other.
    I love this idea in general. It's nice to see, even if its non-canonical, another goblin taking a totally different message from the Dark One than the one Redcloak takes, as well as realistic. It also flows with how the two of them ended up reacting to their situations, with Yutrin as more passive to the clearly more aggressive Redcloak. I'll admit that I haven't gotten the chance to browse through all of your work, but I've really loved what I've read so far. Keep it up.
    Assistant Executioneer of the Fanclub

Grunt Spearman of the Fanclub

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, of the Order, we now have:
    Roy: Straight, occasionally gender-bent
    Haley: Bi
    Dorkun: Straight
    Elan: Straight(but odd)
    V: Elven
    Belkar: Bi
    I don't know, he did keep the Belt of Gender Bending solely because he was curious. Maybe he's a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Or just open to new ideas.

And if he finds out Haley's bi, that works out for both of them.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2010-01-11 at 01:08 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    I don't know, he did keep the Belt of Gender Bending solely because he was curious. Maybe he's a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Or just open to new ideas.

And if he finds out Haley's bi, that works out for both of them.
    Hence my stating of 'odd'. I'm not quite sure where he falls, but so far it seems to be straight. Though yes, I picture Haley's first reaction to him being gender-bent as "grapple check!"

Also, I tossed the idea of Closak/a swarm of demonic roaches as a joke in another thread, and since I still can't write anything suitably cracky right now, I'm giving it to the Crackers. Anyone want to try? Please?
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

15. - Top - End - #1155

I would really like to, but I seriously doubt I could write anything suitably cracky. So, I'll leave it to someone else.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Dwarf in the Playground

To those who wanted a follow-up on the Order of the Stick Jr.

* Warning : Large image *
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beware the many wrong things in this spoiler!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Order of the Stick Jr.
    Meet : Alexander, Joan, Ross, Leilandius, Hitomi, Ngoc and Arduvanius

As interpreted (and drawn) by yours truly, Yiuel

Yiuel LeMelvillois
    Only on blank paper do we write the best stories...

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

So, is that last panel a sign of future Joan/Ross?
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, is that last panel a sign of future Joan/Ross?
    If you want twincest, sure.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yiuel LeMelvillois

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yiuel View Post
    If you want twincest, sure.
    I introduced this thread to V/V. Do you really think there's even a chance I don't?
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Dwarf in the Playground

I introduced this thread to V/V. Do you really think there's even a chance I don't?
    "We Revel in Infamy" has been taken to heart, I see. Have we reached a new level now that we can crackpair such fanon characters in such a way? Characters, I may add, that were created just a week ago.

But so is the spirit of this thread, and I like its craziness.

Spoiler
    Show

Yiuel LeMelvillois

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yiuel View Post
    To those who wanted a follow-up on the Order of the Stick Jr.

* Warning : Large image *
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heh heh Good stuff
    Edit: Although I would have said "My coolness is at -3 and Dying.
    Stop Making fun of Me! Im Trying Not To Troll!
    Anyway I tried my best for a New Salinah Chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    She was Somewhere all right, where else but Somewhere would the alcohol be more concentrated than moonshine? She looked into the glass in front of her. She wondered how much water was needed in order to distill such as high concentration of alcohol (Maybe a drop per bottle). But unfortunately the group sitting next to her didn’t seem to get the memo, they where on their fifth glasses at the least. Her eyes lit up, as she remembered some old saying her father used to say, “If you’re in a tavern, and you see somebody drunk they will either spew important information to whatever you are doing, or attempt to kill you”. She listened to what he was rambling about “Ahn then I sw the trs rex and it ahu” she stopped listening. Oh boy she was in for a wild ride. The guy turned around to face her “Ar thu gonah drink tat?” Gritting her teeth she replied “No, the Tavern has a one drink minimum and this would make a fine Alchemists fire with the right materials”. ”Uh ok” answered the drunk with a dopey expression on his face, “Hey yu lok a lilt fuhey”. She froze up as her body went through checking that everything was hidden, her tail was carefully rolled up into a secret pouch hidden in her cloak, the hood covering her horns. Heavy goggles dimmed the red light coming from her eyes. The gloves she was wearing…. “Right hand Bare” her nerves screeched, as she did a visual check to see that her right hand was in fact completely bare, exposing the large claws at the end of her hand. “What are you talking about?” She attempted to fake. “Wehlll…..I donnoh, you remih me of sohbody”. Her body still frozen she asked “Of what , I mean who?”. “Oh I gew ih” Yelled the Drunk at the top of his voice “Yo a onsta, you han is all crawy”. Just that second she realized that most of the people in the bar didn’t get the memo either as they readied their weapons.

“Darkness” She muttered as a perfect sphere of shadow absorbed the tavern.
    She took off the goggles to allow her natural dark-vision to watch her back. He quickly surveyed the room for people who might also have the ability to see in darkness, she counted 2 dwarves but they looked sober and nonthreatening at the moment.

She jumped out of the way as two drunks impaled themselves on each others weapons. She drew out her own freezing long sword and used it to block a battleaxe heading towards her head. She wondered if anybody there had anything worth stealing amongst the chaos. She decided not to take the chances and started to make her way towards the door. She paused for a second as a Female Halfling fell down from the ceiling with an arrow in her forehead and walked out the open door shutting it behind her.

Later that evening she arrived at the inn.
    She asked the innkeeper “Is this the Lowland inn?”, the innkeeper who was obviously very tired answered “Yes”.

She ordered a single room for one and made sure nobody was looking at her. She quickly took of the guise she was wearing and stretched her tail for a while, it was painful but it helped her from being killed by every good aligned church or other while she was visiting the city.

She lit up a candle (She didn’t need to but she liked the light) and stared at the flame for a while. She reached her finger inside the flame and watched it change to her touch. It didn’t hurt; it tickled slightly but didn’t hurt.

She remembered the first time she found out .

“And that’s how the little monk found out that he was allergic to apples” her father finished.

They where camping outside with the fire roasting the wild pig they caught.

“Daddy why did the monk loose his monk powers?”

“Because he was stubborn and didn’t listen to his parents.”

“But isn’t that a little mean, he wasn’t doing anything bad, but he lost all the powers he worked so hard for.”

“Well that’s why in the next story I will tell you how he became a Psion”

“Cool but can we eat first? I’m starving”

“Ok sweetie, we need to feed the angry beast don’t we?”

“Grr I’m Hungry”

He took out his sword and attempted to cut off the left leg of the boar, but the flesh couldn’t hold itself and the entire boar collapsed into the fire.

“F-….Darn, Ill have to get another one, stay here.”

Her father turned to get out the bow he was hoping to use on catching a bird

She felt very hungry, she didn’t feel like waiting.

“Daddy look”

He turned around to see his daughter halfway in the fire, she was giggling and trying to pull the boar out of the fire with her clothes smoldering in the flame. Her two red eyes shone even through the fire. She was dragging the boar by the tusk.

“Salinah!” Her father towards her.
    She finished pulling the boar out of the fire, clothes flaming.

“Predistation!” Her father screamed Desperately as he put out the flames.

“Don’t ever do that again!” He said as he hugged her. He was trembling as he spoke

“Why daddy, I’m ok and I now we can eat” She said with a happy grin on her face. She was unharmed; the fire didn’t even scorch her hair. “Can you use the magic spell you used to take away the black stuff from the pig? Cause I don’t like that stuff”. She really didn’t understand.

She blew out the candle.
    Last edited by Oooohaloophole; 2010-01-11 at 06:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1162

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    Oh hey, we're going to need another thread soon.

Six threads... that's impressive.
    Because we still veer wildly off topic.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Stryke View Post
    His character sheet on TvTropes says that when he was alive he had no interest in virgins, because it was more interesting with someone with experience. I have not, however, read SoD, so I can't confirm it.
    Having read SoD, I can confirm it (he said in a slightly smug manner). I think Tiasal needs to do what a normal teenager does in Sweden: go to a party, get drunk and get shagged on the veranda. Maybe he'll be more interested in her then.

We Swedes are professionals at this - don't try this at home.

Spoiler
    Show
    I found the theme song for the crack pairings thread:

Open up your mind and let me step inside
    Rest your weary head and let your heart decide
    It's so easy when you know the rules
    It's so easy all you have to do
    Is fall in love
    Play the game
    Ev'rybody play the game of love

When you're feelin' down and your resistance is low
    Light another cigarette and let yourself go
    This is your life
    Don't play hard to get
    It's a free world
    All you have to do is fall in love
    Play the game everybody play the game of love

My game of love has just begun
    Love runs from my head down to my toes
    My love is pumping through my veins (play the game)
    Driving me insane
    *Pause for Guitar*
    play the game play the game play
    the game play the game

This is your life - don't play hard to get
    It's a free free world all you have to do is fall in love
    Play the game yeah play the game of love
    Your life - don't play hard to get
    Play the game - ev'rybody play the game of love...

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #1164

Griffon

More lovely crack.

@Yiuel Yayness! More Oots jr. (or as I like to call them, The Order of the Twig, is that ok? and is it ok for me to call Alexander "Alex"?) Anyway *is filled with glee at this piece of magnificence* It's quite ironic that Ross is the leader, but I like it.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Dwarf in the Playground

smile Re: Crack Pairings V - We Revel in Infamy

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    @Yiuel Yayness! More Oots jr. (or as I like to call them, The Order of the Twig, is that ok? and is it ok for me to call Alexander "Alex"?)
    It is, it is. Nicknames mean people like it :P

Anyway *is filled with glee at this piece of magnificence* It's quite ironic that Ross is the leader, but I like it.
    Well, they're filled with irony. I shipped Elan's expyish daughter with Roy's son, after all (Also, the fighter and the cleric : has anyone done Roy/Durkon?). Or the irony of crackpairing the twins. Having Ross lead the group, with Alexander as close second just feels about right (and inverts the original order) in the greater scheme.

Looking through the archives, no one did Roy/Durkon. No one. Is that a case of You Fail Crackpairing Forever?
    Last edited by Yiuel; 2010-01-11 at 10:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yiuel LeMelvillois

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, this raises a number of purely mechanical questions. When Xykon became a lich, he was pretty much at the end of his natural life, and probably had little to no sex drive left.
    I think trying to puzzle this out biologically is as much use as trying to justify a skeleton walking around in the first place.

His character sheet on TvTropes says that when he was alive he had no interest in virgins, because it was more interesting with someone with experience
    1) That seems just like Xykon's usual dead baby comedy, or only something applicable to that situation.
    2) It's a problem that's easily solved anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Not quite so wildly.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-11 at 10:39 AM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    We do not. I've been to worse threads. Once or twice. In other fora.

How do you make brain bleach, BTW? Are any illegal or otherwise difficult-to-procure substances involved?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    How do you make brain bleach, BTW? Are any illegal or otherwise difficult-to-procure substances involved?
    The two main ingredients are chlorine and sodium hydroxide.

The other ingredient is liquidised brains.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Having read SoD, I can confirm it (he said in a slightly smug manner). I think Tiasal needs to do what a normal teenager does in Sweden: go to a party, get drunk and get shagged on the veranda. Maybe he'll be more interested in her then.

We Swedes are professionals at this - don't try this at home.

Spoiler
    Show
    I found the theme song for the crack pairings thread:
    Open up your mind and let me step inside
    Rest your weary head and let your heart decide
    It's so easy when you know the rules
    It's so easy all you have to do
    Is fall in love
    Play the game
    Ev'rybody play the game of love

When you're feelin' down and your resistance is low
    Light another cigarette and let yourself go
    This is your life
    Don't play hard to get
    It's a free world
    All you have to do is fall in love

My game of love has just begun
    Love runs from my head down to my toes
    My love is pumping through my veins (play the game)
    Driving me insane
    *Pause for Guitar*
    play the game play the game play
    the game play the game

This is your life - don't play hard to get
    Play the game yeah play the game of love
    Your life - don't play hard to get
    Play the game - ev'rybody play the game of love...
    No, this is the theme:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got it from Agnes, Tom Lehrer:
    I love my friends and they love me
    We're just as close as we can be
    And just because we really care
    Whatever we get, we share!

I got it from Agnes
    She got it from Jim
    We all agree it must have been
    Louise who gave it to him

Now she got it from Harry
    Who got it from Marie
    And ev'rybody knows that Marie
    Got it from me

Giles got it from Daphne
    She got it from Joan
    Who picked it up in county cork
    A-kissin' the blarney stone

Pierre gave it to Sheila
    Who must have brought it there
    He got it from Francois and Jacques
    Aha, lucky Pierre!

Max got it from Edith
    Who gets it ev'ry spring
    She got it from her daddy
    Who just gives her ev'rything

She then gave it to Daniel
    Whose spaniel has it now
    Our dentist even got it
    And we're still wondering how

But I got it from Agnes
    Or maybe it was Sue
    Or Millie or Billie or Gillie or Willie
    It doesn't matter who

It might have been at the pub
    Or at the club, or in the loo
    And if you will be my friend, then I might ...
    (mind you, I said "might" ...)
    Give it to you!
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

30. - Top - End - #1170

If I didn't post anything that I saw as inadequate, there would be next to nothing of mine up here.

I have no idea. I'm assuming that he doesn't have a very strong drive because he's gone the past, what, eighteen years with presumably no sex?

But if we try to get into the hormonal thing, we'd have to think about how it's possible for him to feel, too. Emotions are just hormones and chemicals in the brain, which he happens to technically lack.

Oh, two other factors that might turn Xykon off to Tiasal: She's young (if it's creepy from Tsukiko, it's creepy from her), and she's a virgin. His character sheet on TvTropes says that when he was alive he had no interest in virgins, because it was more interesting with someone with experience. I have not, however, read SoD, so I can't confirm it.
    Don't worry, it's true. But it was more like he thought that they weren't worth the trouble of kidnapping and raping.

First factor: I don't think it's really physical youth that bothers him so long as the person is physically mature. I think that it was more Tsukiko's overall tweeny attitude and weirdly upfront come-ons that creeped him out. I mean, he's a walking skeleton--at a certain point, age just doesn't feel like that big of a problem in comparison.

Second: Virginity can be fixed pretty easily and experience can be gained. (And, even if he didn't enjoy it, it'd be an amusing insult to deal Redcloak. 'I got you to kill your brother, killed your wife, killed you, then popped your daughter! Face it, I win!')

Mmm, I kinda disagree on the last bit. I'm sure someone mentioned to her that 'sleeping with relatives is bad, mmkay?' at some point in her life (on the other hand, you're the writer, but it seems fairly ooc for not a single member of the order to mention it to her in sixteen years). At the very least she seems perceptive enough to know the sort of reaction Redcloak would have. Of course, since she didn't grow up with him there's no Westermark Effect, but she should at least have a basic grasp of societal norms.
    I don't know. I don't think my parents/teachers/brother ever told me that I shouldn't want to sleep with my family. I just sort of flinched away from the idea naturally, mostly due to the Westermarck Effect. You sort of absorb the idea without people telling you.

And while she's perceptive, she has no context to put sex in. She doesn't know what position it holds in society or what it entails. Assuming she is a young woman by now, she would know that it was an act of intimacy that displayed trust and provided pleasure. Since she'd never be able to talk to Redcloak casually and since he'd never really get a chance to give her The Talk, she wouldn't have any idea what his attitude towards it is. She would know that he slept with her mother a few times and little else. How would one be able to know what place sex has if it was shrouded in mystery the whole time?

(Interestingly, she and Vaarsuvius have opposite reactions when sex is Unknown. Vaarsuvius becomes anxious and withdraws from the concept entirely while Tiasal detaches it from any possible importance and gives it to whomever she trusts, but it means nothing but trust/loyalty when she gives it.)

Hmm, I think if Redcloak thought Tiasal was truly falling under Xykon's thumb, he'd be forced to take action. He's a logical man, and I think he might consider growing up under Xykon's twisted tutelage as a fate far worse than death for his daughter. He might do something desperate like try to get in contact with any surviving members of the Order. Yeah, that sounds right. He'd enact some scheme that, even if he were discovered, would have a fair chance of succeeding in getting Tiasal away even without his direct involvement. I think he'd be able to weigh the risks ("if I'm found out, Tiasal spends a night topless with that crazy cleric, and Xykon punishes me. But my plan stays in motion without me having to do any further infractions, so there's still a chance I can save her").
    I think that, if it was something like active rebellion and an attempt to get either himself, Tiasal, or both of them out, Xykon would allow much more than a topless night.

But regardless, can you imagine having to make that decision? 'On one hand, my daughter gets molested and/or raped. On the other, she grows up twisted and broken.'

He'd have to be really careful, though. If Xykon caught him before he could make contact with anyone, Tiasal would be in huge trouble and Redcloak wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Unless he snapped and tried to just run away with her...

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.