New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Pelor the Burning Hate

The village of Smallhaven is a small haven from the dangers of the neighboring forests and mountains. It is a small farming village, with a simple mill and temple for Pelor. Usually, nothing of importance happens here.
    However, there is a major church council meeting happening in a major city down the road, and rumors are that one of the high priests of Pelor is going there to help discredit the heresy of the Burning Hate. Normally that would only mean a feast one night to host the traveling clergy, maybe seeing some awesome magic, but it seems that a priest of the Burning Hate has infiltrated the town. Their goal: to spread their belief, such that the town is able to kill the high priest and prevent him from reaching the council.

But nobody knows who the heretic is.

JeenLeen the Village Priest was killed.
    Day 1 Begins Now. It will end at approximately 2 pm sometime the evening/night Eastern Time on Wednesday 2/17
    Subsequent Days will be 48 hours, with 24 hour Nights, unless strong request otherwise. 2 pm Eastern is expected time.

Spoiler: original recruitment post
    Show

This is recruitment for a Werewolf/Mafia game, like the party/game game. For general information about it, see the main Mafia thread at:
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...-OPENING-POSTS!
    New players are very welcome!

Spoiler: Basic Mechanics
    Show
    This is a game of Werewolf/Mafia. It functions somewhat like "Among Us", if you are more familiar with that game.

Prior to the game starting, I will randomly assign roles to players from the lists below. The role you receive will define your win condition and what powers you have (if any). If you are a member of the scumteam, you will start the game in secret contact with other carriers, which you can use to discuss strategy without being discovered.

The game will start on a Day Phase; the first Day Phase will last 72 hours, while subsequent ones will last 48 hours. During any Day Phase, all players can vote for who they wish to "lynch" (remove from the game) that phase. Your vote is not set in stone once cast, and you can recast your vote at any time (or even unvote entirely), provided that the phase has not ended. To cast your vote, please bold and color in red the name of the person you wish to vote. It doesn't have to be their forum name proper, or some official "I vote [name]", as long as it's recognizable who you're voting and the formatting has been done. If you re-vote, or un-vote without re-voting, please go back and edit your previous vote-post to strikethrough your previous votes. I will count the first uncrossed votes I find from you, so don't come crying to me if I counted the ones you didn't intend to vote because you didn't cross out the old ones.

At the end of the day phase, I'll tally votes, declare how many votes each wagon received. Whichever wagon has the most votes is lynched. I will then inform the other players of that person's role and alignment. If there was a tie between who had the most votes, whichever wagon reaches that vote total first will be the one who gets lynched.
    After a Day Phase ends, the game will shift to the Night Phase; all Night Phases will last 24 hours. If you possess a power that lets you target somebody during the Night Phase, this is the time to use it. During this time, the scum team will be able to select a non-scum player to be killed converted to the cult (as well as using whatever other powers they might have as well). After a Night Phase ends, the game will shift to the Day Phase once more.

NOTE: in most games, the 'bad guys' kill someone each night. This game is an exception in that it is a cult game and so instead the cult converts townies.

This cycle will repeat until one of two things happens: either all members of one team or the other is eliminated, or the elimination of all members of one team is inevitable. For example, if you get to a Day Phase with 7 players left (3 town, 4 scum), town has basically already lost, and so a Mercy Rule will be invoked to call the game early instead of making everybody play through the next 120 hours.

Pelor Cult

The village of Smallhaven is a small haven from the dangers of the neighboring forests and mountains. It is a small farming village, with a simple mill and temple for Pelor. Usually, nothing of importance happens here.
    However, there is a major church council meeting happening in a major city down the road, and rumors are that one of the high priests of Pelor is going there to help discredit the heresy of the Burning Hate. Normally that would only mean a feast one night to host the traveling clergy, maybe seeing some awesome magic, but it seems that a priest of the Burning Hate has infiltrated the town. Their goal: to spread their belief, such that the town is able to kill the high priest and prevent him from reaching the council.

But nobody knows who the heretic is.

Spoiler: The Heresy
    Show

In D&D, Pelor is the Neutral Good god of the sun. But also the generally 'good' deity that is worshipped a lot by humans and known for charity, kindness, and hating undead.

The 'heresy' of the Burning Hate is (to my understanding) a fan-made idea that Pelor is actually evil, and maybe is a psuedonym used by an evil human-centric god (Zarus). This is based on a few things like a picture in the Player's Handbook of a cleric of Pelor casting an evil spell, something a cleric of a Good deity couldn't do.

For this game, there isn't daily intervention from the deities, so it's hard to really prove the heresy one way or the other, hence a church council.

Rules/Mechanics

During the Day Phase, everyone votes. The person with the most votes at the end of the day is killed. In the case of a tie, a person is randomly chosen.

During the Night Phase, those with powers can use them. This includes the potential of the cult converting someone to the cult.

Each player has an individual QuickTopic, which they can use at any time to talk with the Narrator (JeenLeen).
    The Cult has a QuickTopic where they can communicate. The Cult can only talk amongst itself at Night, with two exceptions
    1) the High Priest can post during the Day (but the rest of the Cult cannot respond)
    2) a new convert may make one post in the QuickTopic during the Day. (Try to keep editing it to a minimum.)

Power Roles

If there are 10 players, the game will start with 1 Cultist, 4 power Town roles (Town Guard, Healer, Elder, and Town Gossip), and the rest as vanilla town. Less players may mean less power Town roles.
    If there are 14 12 players, a Serial Killer (neutral) will be added.
    If there are 16 14 players, a Survivor (neutral) and True Believer (Town) will be added.

The game starts with 1 Cultist. (If we got a whole lot of players, we may start with 2 cultists, but I doubt that will happen.)

High Priest -- the High Priest of Pelor the Burning Hate. Each night, you must visit someone and convert them to your faith.
    The first time you would die, you do not die. A note is made publicly that "<name> should have died, but did not." This immunity persists if you have failed to convert anyone to the cult (e.g., you cannot die until at least one conversion has occurred).

Town Guard -- you protect the town from the dangers of the wilds, and you'll try to use your skill to protect from heresy at any cost. Each night, you can target someone and kill them.
    If converted, you become the Fanatic. Each night, you can target someone and kill them; the High Priest cannot convert someone on a night you use this power. If you are lynched, you randomly kill someone who voted for you. (This can kill a fellow cultist who voted you.)

Healer -- each night, you can watch over someone. This can protect them to someone to heal them if they are injured and thus block a night-kill, as well as blocking conversion. (In other words, you are a baner.) If you block a night-kill, a note is made publicly that "<name> should have died, but did not." If you block a conversion, the cult receives a message "<target name> was busy talking all night with somebody."
    You can target yourself. You cannot target the same person two Nights in a row.
    If converted, you become the Alchemist, making potions to influence people. Each night, you can target someone and either protect them from being killed or prevent them from taking any actions. (In other words, you can bane or void someone.) If you block a night-kill, a note is made publicly that "<name> should have died, but did not." If you void somebody, they are not aware of it (e.g., no special feedback) -- but may realize something happened, such as if the Town Guard fails to kill who they targeted but no text says a bane occurred.

Elder -- you know the village and the nature of souls. Each night, you can target on someone and learn their alignment (Town, Cult, or Neutral).
    If converted, you become the Prophet. Each night, you can target someone and learn their alignment and role (e.g., Town Gossip (Town), Survivor (Neutral), vanilla Town.)

Town Gossip -- you know how to sneak and spy, as well as how to discretely talk. Each night, you can use one of these powers
    -you can target someone and see who targets them
    -you can target someone and see who they target
    -you can create a QuickTopic for two people (it can include yourself or be two others). If you pick two others, you can see the QuickTopic but are not allowed to write in it. (This counts as targeting the two people you pick.)
    If converted, you become the Spymaster. Each night, you can use one of these powers
    -you can target someone. You see who targets them, and who they target.
    -the same QuickTopic power as above, but you are allowed to write in QTs with two other players. (If converted, this permission-to-write is retroactively given to any extant QTs.)
    QuickTopics can be used during Day or Night.

True Believer -- your faith in Pelor is pure, and you cannot be converted to the cult. If targeted for conversion, the cult is told "<name> cannot be converted because he is Neutral." If you are targeted for conversion, you receive the message, "You were targeted for conversion." If there are at least two cultists, you also learn the name of the High Priest. (By implication, if you are targeted but do not learn who the High Priest is, you know there is only 1 cultist.)

Survivor -- you only care about number one and about lasting through this ordeal. Fortunately, you have a few tricks to help you.
    Each night, you can use one of these powers. You can use each power only once per game.
    -block somebody from being targeted for the night, by spending the night talking to them. This prevents kills, conversions, and any other targeting. The person targeted receives a message "<Survivor's name> spent the night talking with you." If someone did target that person, they receive the message "<target name> was busy talking all night with somebody."
    -target someone and see who they target
    -target someone and see who targets them
    -bane yourself. If you would have died, a note is made publicly that "<name> should have died, but did not."
    If you are targeted for conversion, you receive message "You were targeted for conversion." The cult is told "<name> cannot be converted because he is Neutral."
    You win when the game ends, if you are alive. E.g., if there is a Town, Cult, or Serial Killer win.

Serial Killer -- You live for killing, and with the fear about the cult, now is your chance. Kill them all! Well, you can let that one loner stay alive; he's cool enough.
    If the Survivor is in the game, you start the game knowing who the Survivor is.
    Each night, target someone and kill them.
    You win when all Town and Cult are dead.
    If you are targeted for conversion, you receive message "You were targeted for conversion." The cult is told "<name> cannot be converted because he is Neutral."

Clarification Notes and Power Interactions

If you have an information-gathering power (watch, track, seer) and are somehow stopped, you receive "No information." If you watch/track someone and they do no action, you receive "<target> was not targeted, other than by you" or "<target> did not target anyone."

Spoiler: Town Gossip/Spymaster
    Show

If the Town Gossip/Spymaster use the QuickTopic power and any person targeted is blocked by the Survivor, the power fails for the night. The Town Gossip/Spymaster gets the message to learn which person they targeted was targeted by the Survivor.
    If the Town Gossip/Spymaster is itself blocked, they receive no special feedback but the lack of a QT being generated will make it obvious the power failed.
    If the Town Gossip/Spymaster targets two other players, but one of them dies the same night, the QT is still created. (I'd be willing to create the QT between the Spymaster and a dead person, but no point to it, so I don't plan to.)
    No using fake names or aliases when writing in QuickTopics. AvatarVecna can use AV, but shouldn't use Some Person or Town Gossip.
    No posting QT links, either publicly or in other QTs. EXCEPTION: the Spymaster may post QT links in the Cult QT to share it with the cult.

If targeting 2 people to make a QT they can post in, the two people each receive a notice saying who they are talking to. Not sure if I'll put the other person's name in the message with the link or name the QT with both their names, but somehow it will be clear. They will NOT learn who the Gossip/Spymaster is, but should remember that they can be 'eavesdropped' on by the Gossip/Spymaster.

If the Gossip/Spymaster makes a QT with 1 other person, so that they can talk with them, it will also NOT be clear who the Gossip/Spymaster is. That is, the Gossip/Spymaster's name will be mentioned, but they could lie and say they are also someone the Gossip targeted.

Main points are 1) if person A decides not to talk to person B, person B still knows who they had a QT with and 2) one use of this power does not necessarily prove anyone is the Gossip/Spymaster
    (I reckon it might essentially prove who the Gossip/Spymaster is, so maybe the difference doesn't matter, but I want to be clear I'm not confirming it via power use ahead-of-time.)

E.g.,
    JeenLeen is Gossip. Targets AV to make a QT to talk to her in. The QT might be named: JeenLeen/AvatarVecna chat
    JeenLeen is Gossip. Targets AV and Book Wombat to make a QT the two of them can talk in. The QT might be named: AvatarVecna/BookWombat chat.
    I also don't promise to be consistent about whose name goes first in the QT title, so sharing the naming order won't necessarily reveal who the Gossip is. Not promising to be inconsistent either.

If the High Priest dies, no more cultists can be made. But the Fanatic can still kill even if the High Priest is dead.

The High Priest's conversion attempt is not optional. The only way to forgo doing it is to have the Fanatic do a kill instead. If the High Priest player does not choose a target, the Narrator will randomly pick one. (The High Priest can be voided; the conversion isn't guaranteed, but they have to try.)

For timing: the conversion happens last, most importantly after night-kills. (So a High Priest targeted with a NK on N1 will always survive.) EXCEPTION: if the Elder targets someone who is being converted, they learn the person was converted that night.
    Voids happen first.
    If two voiders (Alchemist, Survivor) somehow interact in a way that would create an infinite loop of who-stops-who, the Alchemist "wins".

For fakeclaim purposes
    -all power roles received a QuickTopic noting the player name and role, with the role information.
    -all vanilla townies received a QuickTopic with just their name and this message:
    You are vanilla town.
    Player List
    1 Valmark - Lynched D2 - vanilla Town
    2 AvatarVecna
    3 CaoimhimTheCape
    4 The Outsider - autolynch - vanilla Town
    5 Aleph Null
    6 Elenna
    7 Apogee1 - killed N1 - vanilla town
    8 Book Wombat - killed N2 - vanilla town
    9 Xihirli -- Lynched Day 1 - vanilla town
    10 Requilac
    11 Grek - killed N2 - Elder converted to Prophet
    12 Captain Cap - Killed N1 - town Gossip

Power Roles are
    -Priest (cult)
    -Guard (town)
    -Gossip (town)
    -Elder (town)
    -Healer (town)
    -Serial Killer (neutral)
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2021-02-20 at 11:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pelor the Burning Hate

It was Book Wombat. You've always had it out for our great priest. Just because he married your high school sweetheart, Requilac.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-02-16 at 11:35 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The great lord RNGes - I mean, Pelor, has told me that Apogee1 is the guilty party.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2021-02-17 at 11:43 AM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    The great lord RNGes - I mean, Pelor, has told me that Apogee1 is the guilty party.
    That's not very nice I'm going to cast Symbol of Pain on you ... I mean, I am not going to cast such a spell because I am not a follower of an evil deity such as the burning hate hahaha nope.

Anyways AvatarVecna because I want Valmark to vote himself

Is that still a thing?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Null had always been the strong silent type...he was normally content to just sit on the sidelines and watch the other townsfolk debate such issues. But this time was different...he appeared unnerved by the situation. After all...just who would want to kill a town priest? He had a thought, though...

"Well, I always thought that AvatarVecna guy seemed off...I don't know, pointing fingers might be hasty, but it's just a hunch."
    Last edited by Aleph Null; 2021-02-16 at 08:30 PM.
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

6. - Top - End - #6

Gambling more often than not, he rolls the dice once more...

Elenna! The dice favour you not!

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    It was Book Wombat. You've always had it out for our great priest. Just because he married your high school sweetheart, Requilac.
    *sob*
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-02-15 at 03:31 PM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, this is a cult game, so... Elenna, is it too early for distancing?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can we just get a Zone of Truth in here? I feel like that would be faster...
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-02-17 at 11:55 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post

*sob*
    My spouse may be dead (apparently?), but my pettiness isn't. Book Wombat*, this is for forgetting the anniversary of our 3.14159265359th tenday together as high-school crushes who never spoke to each-other. I don't care if it was 35 years ago. Not knowing of the existence of an event, because I never told you about it, is not a good excuse for not coming to it!

Xihirli, you are next for reminding me of it. Or maybe I will vote for Elenna or AvatarVecna tomorrow. You will not know until it is too late.

Edit: *vote was later changed from Book Wombat to Aleph Null, Cultist of the Burning Hate Pelor.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2021-02-16 at 07:27 PM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

9. - Top - End - #9

WhiteWizardGirl

Forsooth! Requilac hath returned to our shores after a long leave of absence, so surely they be possessed of some manner of awful foreign heresy.
    Last edited by Grek; 2021-02-17 at 09:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Geez, when were you going to tell me there was some murderer to stop! I was preparing my spells.

*checks list* awkward. Valmark.

For the new ones: I usually first vote the first in the list without a vote. That happens to me myself like Apogee pointed out :p
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-02-17 at 11:06 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    Forsooth! Requilac hath returned to our shores after a long leave of absence, so surely they be possessed of some manner of awful foreign heresy.
    My word!
    This banter is giving me such a fright!
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Narrator Notes:
    1. Everyone now should really have their QuickTopic. If you don't, PM me.
    2. I had an unexpected event turn up for this Wednesday, when I planned Day 1 to end, that will likely preclude me being online. Day 1 will now end sometime Wednesday evening/night, instead of 2 PM. I still plan to end Night 1 2 PM(ish) Thursday, but feel free to send me your Night actions early if you feel uncertain about the iffy deadline. (And if how the lynchee today flips changes your choice, you are of course welcome to change your target.)

13. - Top - End - #13

SwashbucklerGuy

No one voting Xihirli yet? That's strange...

14. - Top - End - #14

WhiteWizardGirl

Trying out a new vote-tracking format for my own benefit:
    Spoiler: Vote Tracking
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

I'll throw up a more traditional vote count. The thing is, right now we're not gonna be able to draw too much conclusions from Day 1 voting? SK would be happy to vote anyone who isn't themselves and there's only one Cultist. Cultist will be thinking about who they will convert, but they really don't have to commit to anything till Day 2.

I like your vote image, Grek. Not sure how to really apply it on Day 1, but it might help us analyze later days. I guess the only notes are that Elenna got both votes after posting once (kinda because she posted second). AV's votes were both before posting (well, because no post yet). Book had 1 vote before and after posting.

Vote Count

Book Wombat (2): Xihirli, Requilac
    Apogee1 (1): Elenna
    AvatarVecna (2): Apogee1, Aleph Null
    Elenna (2): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape
    Requilac (1): Grek
    Valmark (1): Valmark
    Xihirli (1): Captain Cap

Not Voting:
    No Posts: AvatarVecna, The Outsider
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-02-16 at 05:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Planetar

Null heaved a sigh. As usual there was no agreeing on anything...though in the end it might be best to not make any hasty decisions, lest an innocent hang and the danger grow even worse.

That's an interesting image, how'd you make it?
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

17. - Top - End - #17

WhiteWizardGirl

MSPaint. Tis a powerful magic.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I'll throw up a more traditional vote count. The thing is, right now we're not gonna be able to draw too much conclusions from Day 1 voting? SK would be happy to vote anyone who isn't themselves and there's only one Cultist. Cultist will be thinking about who they will convert, but they really don't have to commit to anything till Day 2.

I like your vote image, Grek. Not sure how to really apply it on Day 1, but it might help us analyze later days. I guess the only notes are that Elenna got both votes after posting once (kinda because she posted second). AV's votes were both before posting (well, because no post yet). Book had 1 vote before and after posting.

Vote Count

Elenna (2): Book Wombat, CaoimhimTheCape

Not Voting:
    But we're gonna get the cultist on the first try, because it's Book Wombat.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

AV reached two votes first. What are the tie rules for this game?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

If it wasn't that we know there is one cultist this would totally be Xihirli distancing from a fellow cultist.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    AV reached two votes first. What are the tie rules for this game?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post

Rules/Mechanics

During the Day Phase, everyone votes. The person with the most votes at the end of the day is killed. In the case of a tie, a person is randomly chosen.
    Order doesn't seem to matter here.

22. - Top - End - #22

Planetar

If I recall correctly you have to have a 25% plurality to achieve a lynch, right? So 4? Something like that was in the general WW/Mafia thread...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Huh, somehow missed that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    If I recall correctly you have to have a 25% plurality to achieve a lynch, right? So 4? Something like that was in the general WW/Mafia thread...
    That's an old rule, we mostly don't use that anymore.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Exclamation Re: Pelor the Burning Hate

Vote Count

Elenna (2): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape

Not Voting:
    Cultist is probably going to target whoever they think is most likely at sniffing them out. The most experienced members of AvatarVecna, Elenna, Xihirli, and myself would be prime targets for them. But given how we have six people voting for those four people, it doesn't narrow it down much. Aleph Null however was the first person to cast a second vote against one of those people, and because of that AvatarVecna, one of the people that would be best at figuring the Cultists out, is going to get lynched if votes don't change (because as is stated in basic mechanics, " If there was a tie between who had the most votes, whichever wagon reaches that vote total first will be the one who gets lynched"). Aleph Null, may I ask why you decided to vote AvatarVecna? I noticed they didn't provide an explanation for their vote... JUST LIKE A HERETIC WOULD! What does the worshipper of Pelor have to say!?

Actually, Narrator, can we just vote for Pelor? Getting them out in Day One would be really helpful to us.

- - - Updated - - -

JeenLeen, would you mind giving us some clarification on this? The Basic Mechanics tab and Rules/Mechanics tab have incompatible statements on how to resolve lynch vote ties.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2021-02-17 at 02:19 PM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Wait... Why would you want to lynch Pelor and not Zarus? Mmmmh?

26. - Top - End - #26

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Cultist is probably going to target whoever they think is most likely at sniffing them out. The most experienced members of AvatarVecna, Elenna, Xihirli, and myself would be prime targets for them. But given how we have six people voting for those four people, it doesn't narrow it down much. Aleph Null however was the first person to cast a second vote against one of those people, and because of that AvatarVecna, one of the people that would be best at figuring the Cultists out, is going to get lynched if votes don't change (because as is stated in basic mechanics, " If there was a tie between who had the most votes, whichever wagon reaches that vote total first will be the one who gets lynched"). Aleph Null, may I ask why you decided to vote AvatarVecna? I noticed they didn't provide an explanation for their vote... JUST LIKE A HERETIC WOULD! What does the worshipper of Pelor have to say!?

Actually, Narrator, can we just vote for Pelor? Getting them out in Day One would be really helpful to us.

- - - Updated - - -

JeenLeen, would you mind giving us some clarification on this? The Basic Mechanics tab and Rules/Mechanics tab have incompatible statements on how to resolve lynch vote ties.
    Explanation? Who does that? I literally just picked a random target because it's Day 1.

If you really think I know who the heavy hitters are then you're giving me too much credit; I'm new to this site and don't know anything about the meta LOL.

If you're gonna yell at me for not explaining my choice, why not yell at literally everyone else who did that too? Sounds like a bit of a double standard if you ask me...and we all know double standards are quite heretical.
    So if you really think AV is town, then I guess I'll shift my vote to you, Requilac.
    Last edited by Aleph Null; 2021-02-17 at 08:58 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

I mean I just want to see blood.
    Requilac bleeds just as red as Wombat.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Post Re: Pelor the Burning Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Wait... Why would you want to lynch Pelor and not Zarus? Mmmmh?
    Who is “Zarus”? When I look that name up all I can find is the University of New Orlean’s Directory page for a music theory professor and the IMDB page for a Mexican Luchador from the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    Explanation? Who does that? I literally just picked a random target because it's Day 1.

If you really think I know who the heavy hitters are then you're giving me too much credit; I'm new to this site and don't know anything about the meta LOL.

If you're gonna yell at me for not explaining my choice, why not yell at literally everyone else who did that too? Sounds like a bit of a double standard if you ask me...and we all know double standards are quite heretical.

So if you really think AV is town, then I guess I'll shift my vote to you, Requilac.
    It’s true that you wouldn’t have been around to know who the “heavy hitters” are. But one can still use context clues form conversations, especially in the recruiting thread, to guess which people have been around the longest. Comments like “It’s still common in the meta to assume AV is a Wolf”, which I am fairly certain someone said in the recruiting thread, would tip off to things like that.

You know what kinds of people use context clues like that to make their votes? Heretics of the Burning Hate! Like you, and certain other individuals.... actually, wait a second, forget I said that.

Also, the whole “not providing an explanation” element was a small part of the argument that I was really just using to segue into the absurd-but-thematically-appropriate cult accusation. I was basing my decision more on the AV vote.
    -

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Who is “Zarus”? When I look that name up all I can find is the University of New Orlean’s Directory page for a music theory professor and the IMDB page for a Mexican Luchador from the 60s.
    I'm not sure if that's a joke but just in case Zarus is basically the D&D evil god of humanity and also the evil god whose cult infiltrated this town.

I like to think that an high priest of Zarus would die before pretending to not know him so clearly Req can't be a cultist!

On another note, I don't like the idea of lynching Req/Aleph D1 since they haven't been in recent games so I'll move my vote to Elenna to balance the wagons out.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-02-17 at 12:01 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

AvatarVecna. Texan, and I got bigger issues than a cult to worry about rn.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-02-17 at 11:37 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew