Level: Sor/Wis 6, Wu Jen 6 (water)
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting time: 1 standard action
    Range: 120 ft.
    Area: 120-ft. line
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

The spell creates a shockwave of water that strikes through anything in it's path. Any creature caught in the path of the shockwave take 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage per caster level (up to a maximum of 15d6 at 15th level) and creatures with the fire subtype take 50% more damage from the spell. The spell ignores hardness of earthen, stone and wood structures and can flow over, under, around any non magical barrier, even if the barrier withstands the attack. For example, the Aqua Wave can seep through a closed doorway and strike targets on the other side. If the target fails their reflex save, they must make a fortitude save or be knocked on the ground.
    Last edited by Gamer Girl; 2011-06-23 at 12:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Water spells

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer Girl View Post
    Aqua Wave
    Evocation(Water)
    Level: Sor/Wis 6, Wu Jen 6 (water)
    Casting time: 1 standard action
    Range: 120 ft.
    Area: 120-ft. line

The spell creates a shockwave of water that strikes through anything in it's path. Any creature caught in the path of the shockwave take 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage per caster level (up to a maximum of 15d6 at 15th level) and creatures with the fire subtype take 50% more damage from the spell. The spell ignores hardness and passes through any non magical barrier, even if the barrier withstands the attack. If the target fails their reflex save, they must make a fortitude save or be knocked on the ground.
    Wait... so this thing can somehow bypass solid stone walls?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    I think its more like it wraps around blockades, but wont escape out of a closed room for example.

My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

Well....yes, it's a wave of water after all. The idea is that as it's a wave of water it can leak through to the other side and reform. Guess I should word it better.

I like the image of say, someone closing a door to block the incoming wave and then having the water seep through the cracks and under the door, form back into the wave and still smash them....
    Last edited by Gamer Girl; 2011-06-23 at 12:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Ah... well I would put in some language about water-tightness negating this unless the damage changes that (by at least dealing half the barriers hp, which is also where it grants -2 to the break DC?) maybe...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

Ah... well I would put in some language about water-tightness negating this unless the damage changes that (by at least dealing half the barriers hp, which is also where it grants -2 to the break DC?) maybe...
    Eh, I like to think that a magical wave of pure elemental water can get around 'normal and mundane' water protection. Some wax, pitch, tar or such won't stop this water....

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

I really like the idea of water spells. I love naval campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtide View Post
    The water is pressurized as if from a depth of caster level x100 feet and this does water pressure damage of 1d6 points from the high pressure for every 100 ft of depth. The water is also very cold dealing 1d6 points of nonlethal damage from hypothermia. A fortitude save half's the pressure damage and negates the hypothermia nonlethal damage.
    Love the idea of the spell, unfortunately way overpowered. My main problem is "caster level x100 feet". I think theoretically when you cast this on someone they would black out instantly. If you cast this then cancel or negate it somehow to remove the water, any living thing inside that has gases in its body would die. People can suffer bleeding orifices and minor blackouts from being a few hundred feet down and rising to fast. If your caster level 11 and your putting someone down into 1100 feet water thats water with a pressure of 11 atm, or 11 times what air is. This is why divers take along time to surface or enter decompression chambers so their body can adjust to the gases. Thus the gases will compress when cast, and when you cancel it they will expand quickly and forcefully killing or at the very least causing you to black out.

This is too powerful.....you don't want spell casters having a drop fall 1000 feet(100d6 damage). Even 500 feet(50d6) is way too much. You should cap the damage or get rid of the 'falling'.
    Not related to the game but water cannot physically fall with that much force. It is not solid so first it will break up into tiny droplets and fall. And then secondly, water has a terminal velocity to. Lest the rain would kill us all should the first shower touch our fragile scalp.
    So you cant make the water fall from a certain amount of feet, you can blast it out with a certain pressure though.

Is not exactly a 'maelstrom', it's more of a 'watery pit' so this could use a better descriptive name.
    Why not a maelstrom? A Maelstrom is a vortex of water, a watery pit of swirling water is technically a maelstrom. Maelstrom=whirlpool, whirpool=water+vortex motion. Savy?

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzin View Post
    Love the idea of the spell, unfortunately way overpowered. My main problem is "caster level x100 feet". I think theoretically when you cast this on someone they would black out instantly. If you cast this then cancel or negate it somehow to remove the water, any living thing inside that has gases in its body would die. People can suffer bleeding orifices and minor blackouts from being a few hundred feet down and rising to fast. If your caster level 11 and your putting someone down into 1100 feet water thats water with a pressure of 11 atm, or 11 times what air is. This is why divers take along time to surface or enter decompression chambers so their body can adjust to the gases. Thus the gases will compress when cast, and when you cancel it they will expand quickly and forcefully killing or at the very least causing you to black out.
    I'm quite aware of this, but I don't think d&d physics work like that
    I had to make the pressure like so because thats the main cause of damage I wanted from this spell, And according to the depth/pressure chart that progression I did was the only way to make workable damage.

Not related to the game but water cannot physically fall with that much force. It is not solid so first it will break up into tiny droplets and fall. And then secondly, water has a terminal velocity to. Lest the rain would kill us all should the first shower touch our fragile scalp.
    So you cant make the water fall from a certain amount of feet, you can blast it out with a certain pressure though.
    Yea, Thats why I thought I should mention that it IS "Magic" elemental water compelled by arcane force. But still, water's water.
    I just don't get where Gamer's getting the numbers she is... How would you get it up 1000 feet? its 10/level, meaning at level Twenty you'd only have 200ft...

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #39

I think she simply misunderstood. You could always just state that its 1d6 per caster level, or put a cap on it like 15d6 or something. It has to be justified as a 4th level slot when it seems to function almost the exact same as Aqua Strike.

10. - Top - End - #40

I really like the idea of water spells. I love naval campaigns.
    Then you might like my Tentacle Spells thread as well, Though many seem to be taking it the wrong way they ARE serious spells. at least the ones I make there are.

I think she simply misunderstood. You could always just state that its 1d6 per caster level, or put a cap on it like 15d6 or something. It has to be justified as a 4th level slot when it seems to function almost the exact same as Aqua Strike.
    Aqua Strike is a single solid hit. Deluge is many hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Aqua Strike
    Evocation [water]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 3
    Components: V,S
    Casting Time: Standard action
    Range: long 400+50ft/level
    Area: 15ft burst
    Duration: instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex half
    Spell Resistance: yes
    You conjure a violent turning sphere of water that rockets toward a target exploding with an empowered force dealing 1d6 water based bludgeoning damage per caster level (10d6 maximum) Deals double damage to [fire] creatures and puts out all flame in area. Aqua Strike can counter Fireball.

Deluge
    Evocation [water]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 4
    Components: V,S,M
    Casting Time: Standard action
    Range: long 400+50ft/level
    Area: single target
    Duration: instantaneous
    Saving Throw: none
    Spell Resistance: yes
    You conjure a swell of water directly above the target, 10ft per caster level, that falls in large drops that through arcane might are denser then normal. Drops fall each with they're own +caster level attack roll to hit (Caster level +1d20). on a hit they deal 1 damage per 10ft fallen. On a miss, no further drops fall.

Material component: Vial of Sea water.
    So at level 20 you could have infinite drops dealing 20 damage each until you miss or they die.

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #41

Oooohhh, that sounds abit overpowered or not overpowered but VERY effective against low touch AC targets.
    If you could nail one guy with a low touch AC that you know your never gonna miss, say 12 or 11, then you can put out your 9 damage per round for like 10 rounds before getting a 1 or something. And if your lucky alot more haha.

EDIT: Your tentacle thread makes me shudder."This magnificent tentacle is large, and on the outside appears to be a writhing mass of tentacles," "inserts itself into the body and immediately fills itself out".
    EDIT2: Any tentacle wizards and sorcerers must have some kinky fetishes.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2011-06-23 at 09:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Oooohhh, that sounds abit overpowered or not overpowered but VERY effective against low touch AC targets.
    If you could nail one guy with a low touch AC that you know your never gonna miss, say 12 or 11, then you can put out your 9 damage per round for like 10 rounds before getting a 1 or something. And if your lucky alot more haha.

EDIT: Your tentacle thread makes me shudder."This magnificent tentacle is large, and on the outside appears to be a writhing mass of tentacles," "inserts itself into the body and immediately fills itself out".
    EDIT2: Any tentacle wizards and sorcerers must have some kinky fetishes.
    Touch AC? Its full AC unless you Hold them with something.
    @Edit2: yes, yes I suppose I do. But they are serious spells not totally intended to be sexual but the last group I did was deliberately worded to have the possibility of being taken that way :P

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Are you saying it's over powered by real world physics? The D&D effects of deep water pressure(found in Stormwrack) are not so overpowered....1d6 damage per 100 feet plus a bit of hypothermia..all with a save. 1100 feet of water is not instant death in D&D....

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'm not particularly good at making spells, but I'll try making one.

Cytolysis damage type: Cytolysis damage, also known as pure water damage, is caused by water that is so pure it is harmful to touch, due to it flooding ones cells and causing them to rupture. The Plant and type grants immunity to cytolysis damage, while constructs, aquatic creatures, and amphibious creatures have cytolysis resistance equal to their hd (may be adjusted at dm discretion). The water subtype grants cytolysis resistance 10 unless the the creature also has the elemental type in which case it gains cytolysis immunity. The slime type and fire subtype grant cytolysis vulnerability. Being submerged in water or other fluids grants cytolysis resistance 2 as they dilute the purity.

Pure Water Sphere
    Evocation [Water]
    Level: Drd 2, Sor/Wiz 2
    Components: V, S, M/DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Effect: 5-ft.-diameter sphere
    Duration: 1 round/level
    A burning globe of water rolls in whichever direction you point and washes over those it strikes. It moves 30 feet per round. As part of this movement, it can ascend or jump up to 30 feet to strike a target. If it enters a space with a creature, it stops moving for the round and deals 2d6 points of cytolysis damage to that creature, though a successful Reflex save negates that damage. A pure water sphere rolls over barriers less than 4 feet tall. It douses fires it touches the same as normal water would.

The sphere moves as long as you actively direct it (a move action for you); otherwise, it merely stays at rest. The surface of the sphere acts as a membrane allowing things to pass through it, so it does not cause damage except by cytolysis . It cannot push aside unwilling creatures or batter down large obstacles. A pure water sphere winks out if it exceeds the spell’s range.

Arcane Material Component
    A bit of water, a piece of cloth.

Cone of Pure Water
    Evocation [Water]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Water 6
    Range: 60 ft.
    Area: Cone-shaped burst
    Cone of pure water creates a spray of extremely pure water, originating at your hand and extending outward in a cone. It is absorbed by cells causing them to rupture and dealing 1d6 points of cytolysis damage per caster level (maximum 15d6). This is able to put out fires in the spell area as if they were doused with normal water.

Water in a very small conical container.

Why yes, yes I did just reword a few spells to cause water damage rather than their previous damage type. It works. Now if I could just figure out how to balance a spell to let you over purify a supply of water to make it deal cytolysis damage...

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2011-06-27 at 01:13 AM.
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post

Cytolysis damage type: Cytolysis damage, also known as pure water damage, is caused by water that is so pure it is harmful to touch, due to it flooding ones cells and causing them to rupture. The Plant type grants immunity to cytolysis damage, while aquatic and amphibious creatures have cytolysis resistance equal to their hd (may be adjusted at dm discretion). The slime type and fire subtype grant cytolysis vulnerability. Being submerged in water or other fluids grants cytolysis resistance 2 as they dilute the purity.
    Really great idea, but...you should probably add something about water elementals and similar creatures being immune.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Really great idea, but...you should probably add something about water elementals and similar creatures being immune.
    Good point. I forgot the water subtype. Added that it grants 10 resistance, though elementals with it gain immunity.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2011-06-26 at 07:09 PM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

17. - Top - End - #47

Cytolysis damage type: Cytolysis damage, also known as pure water damage, is caused by water that is so pure it is harmful to touch, due to it flooding ones cells and causing them to rupture. The Plant type grants immunity to cytolysis damage, while aquatic and amphibious creatures have cytolysis resistance equal to their hd (may be adjusted at dm discretion). The water subtype grants cytolysis resistance 10 unless the the creature also has the elemental type in which case it gains cytolysis immunity. The slime type and fire subtype grant cytolysis vulnerability. Being submerged in water or other fluids grants cytolysis resistance 2 as they dilute the purity.

Pure Water Sphere
    Evocation [Water]
    Level: Drd 2, Sor/Wiz 2
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Effect: 5-ft.-diameter sphere
    Duration: 1 round/level
    A burning globe of water rolls in whichever direction you point and washes over those it strikes. It moves 30 feet per round. As part of this movement, it can ascend or jump up to 30 feet to strike a target. If it enters a space with a creature, it stops moving for the round and deals 2d6 points of cytolysis damage to that creature, though a successful Reflex save negates that damage. A pure water sphere rolls over barriers less than 4 feet tall. It douses fires it touches the same as normal water would.

The sphere moves as long as you actively direct it (a move action for you); otherwise, it merely stays at rest. The surface of the sphere acts as a membrane allowing things to pass through it, so it does not cause damage except by cytolysis . It cannot push aside unwilling creatures or batter down large obstacles. A pure water sphere winks out if it exceeds the spell’s range.

A bit of water, a piece of cloth.

Cone of Pure Water
    Evocation [Water]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Water 6
    Range: 60 ft.
    Area: Cone-shaped burst
    Cone of pure water creates a spray of extremely pure water, originating at your hand and extending outward in a cone. It is absorbed by cells causing them to rupture and dealing 1d6 points of cytolysis damage per caster level (maximum 15d6). This is able to put out fires in the spell area as if they were doused with normal water.

Water in a very small conical container.

Why yes, yes I did just reword a few spells to cause water damage rather than their previous damage type. It works. Now if I could just figure out how to balance a spell to let you over purify a supply of water to make it deal cytolysis damage...

Owrtho
    I didn't know how I would have worded it, It didn't come to me in a burst of creativity like all my home brew is (So I just struck with bludgeoning for water, slashing for wind), But you just made a Water damage that perfectly matches what I see going through my mind when I think "water damage".

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't know how I would have worded it, It didn't come to me in a burst of creativity like all my home brew is (So I just struck with bludgeoning for water, slashing for wind), But you just made a Water damage that perfectly matches what I see going through my mind when I think "water damage".
    I know what you mean. I've always thought it was annoying that there wasn't just a water damage type, but most uses of water for damage (at least in the majority of existing spells) would be bludgeoning and slashing, making them no more water damage than normal weapons are wood or steel damage. So after thinking about it a while I remembered about water being able to rupture cells if it's too pure (the reason you shouldn't drink distilled water), and thought about making some spells that magically enhanced the waters purity to cause increase the effect. Then when I went to type it up for each one so just made it an actual water damage type like fire or cold (but for water).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by wyrmsbane2 View Post

JET OF STEAM
    Evocation [Water]
    Level: Sorcerer/wizard 1, wu jen 1
    (water)
    Components: V, S
    Range: 30 ft.
    Area: 30-ft. line
    Your hand is suddenly covered in warm
    condensation as a jet of burning steam
    bursts from your finger.
    You release a powerful jet of superheated
    steam that deals ld4 points of fire damage
    per caster level (maximum 5d4) to
    each creature within its area. The jet
    begins at your fingertips.
    The jet of steam deals no damage to
    objects in its path, nor can it set fire to
    combustibles.
    Scalding is a valid damage type that is really the only one that makes sense for this.

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Scalding is a valid damage type that is really the only one that makes sense for this.
    Actually I'm not sure if there is a scalding damage type in d&d, though there is a heat damage type, I think it might generally be non-lethal as it is intended to represent things like hot environments rather than being used in spells (not that you couldn't just specify that it isn't in a given case).

Alternatively you could go with something like half fire, half cold or cytolysis to represent it being hot water (since most things that would be weak to water are weak to one of those, and things with immunity to one are usually vulnerable to the other, thus making it balance out).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

So after thinking about it a while I remembered about water being able to rupture cells if it's too pure (the reason you shouldn't drink distilled water), and thought about making some spells that magically enhanced the waters purity to cause increase the effect.
    Uh. I like your stuff and all, but... wha? Can we get a citation on that?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Uh. I like your stuff and all, but... wha? Can we get a citation on that?
    Already linked to cytolysis. Can't find anything to link to on the drinking distilled water part, though I remember it being talked about in biology (note that drinking water wouldn't fall into this). Also it isn't likely to be overly harmful in most cases, though has been known to cause things like making ones kidneys more prone to rupture when hit (I remember my teacher mentioning it mainly in the context of boxing). On average though, it is unlikely to have an overly harmful effect.
    However, this is D&D and magic can be used to enhance such things.

Well, not skilled at making spells myself, but if it might work to make some damaging spells that are supposed to do so via cytolysis, given that in many cases it can be hard to come up with ways for water to hurt someone directly outside of freezing, boiling, or drowning.
    Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

23. - Top - End - #53

I'll have to convert my other spells into Cytolysis... But it does need a better name metinks. It doesn't give the right image if you don't have a nice sciency background.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Banned

BlueWizardGirl

Cytolysis damage type: Cytolysis damage, also known as pure water damage, is caused by water that is so pure it is harmful to touch, due to it flooding ones cells and causing them to rupture. The Plant and type grants immunity to cytolysis damage, while constructs, aquatic creatures, and amphibious creatures have cytolysis resistance equal to their hd (may be adjusted at dm discretion). The water subtype grants cytolysis resistance 10 unless the the creature also has the elemental type in which case it gains cytolysis immunity. The slime type and fire subtype grant cytolysis vulnerability. Being submerged in water or other fluids grants cytolysis resistance 2 as they dilute the purity.
    I've always used Water as an energy/elemental damage type. So that you could cast Resist Energy Water. The idea is that an attack spell, like fireball, is not creating 'real' fire, it's just a magical effect that looks and acts like fire. I see water type spells the same way. not 'real' water, but a magically effect that looks and acts a lot like water. I even use the idea that some spells use evocation to project pure elemental water, that is harmful to all.

Plants, constructs and aquatic creatures should not have any special resistance to water damage just from their type. (even with your science view, water can rupture plant cells no problem, for example). Only creatures with a water subtype and some cases by case picks should get any kind of water resistance.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

I'll have to convert my other spells into Cytolysis... But it does need a better name metinks. It doesn't give the right image if you don't have a nice sciency background.
    Just call it water damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it does say in the first sentence that it's also called pure water damage, though as master256 suggested you could just call it water damage.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Crenation
    Transmutation [Water]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 9
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 level)
    Target: One Creature (see text)
    Duration: Instantaneous or 6 hours (see text)
    Saving Throw: Fortitude Partial

If the target fails his fortitude save, all the water in the targets body is forcibly extracted. This causes all cells in the targets body to crenate, instantly killing him. After the spell is complete, all that remains is a pile of dust and bones. (A significant amount of this dust would be sufficient for a resurrection spell). This spell can only target creatures that have cells or have a large part of its body be water. Constructs, Non-Water Elementals and creatures with the Incorporal subtype are not valid targets for this spell.

If the target succeeds his save, he takes 1d6/2 level (max 20d6) damage as some of the water is extracted. If this damage reduces them to below -10 HP, they die as if they failed their save. They are stunned for 1d6 rounds and take 1d6 damage to all mental stats. In 6 hours, the target makes another fortitude save. If they succeed again, nothing happens, but if they fail they die as if they had failed the initial save. The target may gain a circumstance bonus or penalty based on how much they have rehydrated in the last 6 hours as described in the table below.

This spell can counter and negate Lysation. If this spell is cast on a target after being subjected to Lysation spell and they had succeeded their save, they suffer no more ill effects and do not need to make an additional save later but are not relieved of its instantaneous effects. This spell can be cast on the gooey pile of a target that failed its save against Lysation. If so, they are returned to life, with 2+con modifier per HD HP, and are affected as if they succeeded the initial save except they are stunned for 2d6 days, and take 2d6 damage to all mental stats and they do not need to make another save later. They lose all prepared spells, any efects on them are gone (unless they persist after death), and they lose a level as if they were restored by a Raise Dead store. If they die due to the damage taken, they do not lose a level unless they are revived by a Raise Dead or Resurrection spell.

If this spell targets an Ooze or an Elemental with the [Water] subtype and it fails its save, it decreases its size by one category and increases the DC of any EX abilty by 5. Changes to strength and dexterity as well as size bonuses/penalties are changed according to the targets new size category. If they succeeds its save, it is unaffected.

An extremely salty saltine

{table=head]Rehydratioin |Bonus/Penalty
    Second Crenation |-10
    Excessive Sweating |-2
    Excessive Urination |-2
    Consumed X ration of water| +2x (max 2)[/table]

Lysation
    Transmutation [Water]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 9,
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 level)
    Target: One Creature (see text)
    Duration: Instantaneous or 6 hours (see text)
    Saving Throw: Fortitude Partial

If the target fails his fortitude save, an extreme quantity of water is infused into the targets body. This causes all cells in the targets body to lyse simultaneously, instantly killing him. After the spell is complete, all that remains is a gooey mess with bones mixed in. (A significant amount of this goo would be sufficient for a resurrection spell). Constructs, Non-Water Elementals and creatures with the Incorporal subtype are not valid targets for this spell.

If the target succeeds his save, he takes 1d6/2 level (max 20d6) damage as some water is infused into the targets body. If this damage reduces them to below -10 HP, they die as if they failed their save. They are stunned for 1d6 rounds and take 1d6 damage to all mental stats. In 6 hours, the target makes another fortitude save. If they succeed again, nothing happens, but if they fail they die as if they had failed the initial save. The target may gain a circumstance bonus or penalty based on how much they have re in the last 6 hours as described in the table below.

This spell can counter and negate Crenation. If this spell is cast on a target after being subjected to Crenation spell and they had succeeded their save, they suffer no more ill effects and do not need to make an additional save later but are not relieved of its instantaneous effects. This spell can be cast on the gooey pile of a target that failed its save against Crenation. If so, they are returned to life, with 2+con modifier per HD HP, and are affected as if they succeeded the initial save except they are stunned for 2d6 days, and take 2d6 damage to all mental stats and they do not need to make another save later. They lose all prepared spells, any effects on them are gone (unless they persist after death), and they lose a level as if they were restored by a Raise Dead store. If they die due to the damage taken, they do not lose a level unless they are revived by a Raise Dead or Resurrection spell.

If this spell targets an Ooze or an Elemental with the [Water] subtype and it fails its save, it increases its size by one category and decreaes the DC of any EX abilty by 5. Changes to strength and dexterity as well as size bonuses/penalties are changed according to the targets new size category. If they succeeds its save, it is unaffected.

A soaked Sponge

{table=head]Dehydration |Bonus/Penalty
    Second Lysation |-10
    Consumed X rations of water |-2x (max 2)
    Excessive Sweating |+2
    Excessive Urination |+2[/table]

The reason I included corporal as possible targets because while the cells are not neccisary to survive and function, they still must be reasonably like they were while alive as far as structure goes and these spells alter their structure by adding/removing water to the point of bursting/collapse. Please PEACH.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2011-07-05 at 05:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

I'd say those are more like level seven powers.
    Due to restrictions and ability to resurrect the dead from it.

Also, Plants, Ooses, ect are all immune to precision damage yet should be highly effected by these powers. (turn a goo into a watery puddle, or essentially evaporate them, Shrivel plants to dust, or drown them (Surprisingly easy to do irl... )

You might want to change it to read that it doesn't effect Constructs, Non water elementals, or otherwise incorporeal or ethereal creatures.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-07-03 at 08:39 PM.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

I'd say those are more like level seven powers.
    Due to restrictions and ability to resurrect the dead from it.

Also, Plants, Ooses, ect are all immune to precision damage yet should be highly effected by these powers. (turn a goo into a watery puddle, or essentially evaporate them, Shrivel plants to dust, or drown them (Surprisingly easy to do irl... )

You might want to change it to read that it doesn't effect Constructs, Non water elementals, or otherwise incorporeal or ethereal creatures.
    I thought about it affecting oozes and doing special things to them (Increase/decreasing size and Ex DC's) but thought it would over complicate things. I completly forgot Plants were immune to precision damage

It wouldn't affect non-water elementals though because, and correct me if I'm wrong, they don't have a cellular or watery basis and on that note it would affect water elementals in the same way it would affect Oozes.

On the topic of level, I made them 9 because even if the succeed they have significant penalties both short term and long term and a possiblity to fail and die again. The reviving from the dead part is situational at best and you must know if your opponent is using one spell and have/prepared the opposite (and at that point it would of been easier to just counterspell using either). And the reviving affect is still iffy as you take even worse penalties (being stunned for several days and massive damage to all mental stats) and may die AGAIN (though with no additional level lost) anyways.

But I'll make changes about what it affects and how it affects oozes/water elementals. Question, why would it not affect ethereal? They are on another plane of existence, but (unless they are also incorpral) have a body that could be affected (though you'd have to be ethereal too to target another ethereal creature). Phase spider comes to mind.

EDIT: Edits made. I was tossing around the idea of having expensive material components to make it less abusable. I as thinking of pound of special salt from the paraelemental plane of salt (worth 1000 gp) for Crenation and the corpse of a jellyfish from the elemental plane of water (also 1000 gp) what do you think?
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2011-07-03 at 09:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    EDIT: Edits made. I was tossing around the idea of having expensive material components to make it less abusable. I as thinking of pound of special salt from the paraelemental plane of salt (worth 1000 gp) for Crenation and the corpse of a jellyfish from the elemental plane of water (also 1000 gp) what do you think?
    Don't do that. Damaging spells do not need expensive components. Ever. These are weaker than disintegrate.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.