New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Character Ideas for an Insane Setting/Campaign - Suggestion, Please

I've been working on tossing some ideas around for a mid-level campaign with an utterly ridiculous cast of PCs. I guess I'm just at that awkward stage in DMing when I just try and experiment until I find a workable style, so this probably won't have to last too long. So I figured I should just go nuts on this one. So, I'm using gestalt rules at level 10 to 12 or so with half teh cast being monsters - Lamias, Ettins, Medusas, and the like (though mostly I'm just using small alterations to this combat stastistics with a different set of fluff text - for instance the Lamia would be part of some twisted arcane experiment by a mad-scientist style villain). The bit of homebrew I'm using is combining racial hit dice with gestalt, which I want to see if it alliows the monster PCs to be more easily implemented. Anyway, any suggestions that I could use? Really you can go nuts, it doesn't all have to be monster PCs or anything. So far I've got about 8 candidate characters, which I'll be wittling down to a more workable party after I've got all my stuff together.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Character Ideas for an Insane Setting/Campaign - Suggestion, Please

I have a deep seeded need to play a planescaping 2ft tall weasel paladin.

Also I once drew up a ent beastmaster with 5 dire squirrel (weasel) companions but never got a chance to play him...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lostfang View Post
    I have a deep seeded need to play a planescaping 2ft tall weasel paladin.

Also I once drew up a ent beastmaster with 5 dire squirrel (weasel) companions but never got a chance to play him...
    Weasel Paladins... maybe I should post soem improvised combat statistics for those. Tell you what, if you come by Glasgow some time, I'll let you play something like that in a campaign that I DM.

4. - Top - End - #4

I've always wanted to play a Medusa Ninja. It's a lot easier to avoid being seen if they don't want to see you, either.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kamaitachi (Sickle Weasle) FTW.

Bonus points for dual weilding.
    Bonus-er points for making it bigger and using full-sized scythes as one-handed sickles.
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are both flammable and an easy target."
    "... Sneak attack?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Hmm... Probably not a complete entry, but lets try this - Pathfinder format style.

Weasel Paladin 2
    Tiny animal
    Initiative +2, low-light vision, scent, Perception +1

Defence
    AC 19, touch 14, flat footed 17 (+2 armour +2 Dex +1 nat. +2 size)
    Ref +4, Fort +5, Will +4
    HP 19 (1d8 racial + 2d10 Paladin)

Offence
    Speed 20ft. (Climb 20 ft.)
    Melee: Bite +6 (1d3-4 plus attach), +4 daggers [x2] (1d4-4)
    Space 2-1/2 feet, 0 feet reach

Str 3, Wis 12, Dex 14, Cha 5, Int 2, Con 10
    Base Atk Bonus +2, CMB +0, CMD 8 (12 vs. trip)
    Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse

Abilities - Smite Evil: Pick and evil target you see as a swift action and until they are dead gain +2 damage with all attacks
    Detect Evil, as the spell, at will
    Lay on Hands for 1d6 HP, 1/time a day

How's that?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Shnezz View Post
    Kamaitachi (Sickle Weasle) FTW.

Bonus points for dual weilding.
    Bonus-er points for making it bigger and using full-sized scythes as one-handed sickles.
    Sure, why don't we give it a try... hm, I just posted a weasel thing though. Maybe if I were to add a few levels of Fighter for bonus feats then Gestalt Wizard to get at least Gust of Wind or something, (maybe Psionics if I had more practice) I would pick up Monkey Grip and Oversized Two Weapon Fighting. Just off the top of my head, but maybe I'll make a project of recreating the wierd little japanese legend from scratch later if you remind me.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
    I've always wanted to play a Medusa Ninja. It's a lot easier to avoid being seen if they don't want to see you, either.
    Medusas would either be incredibly annoying or fun depending on teh game you're playing and your DM's houseruling - i.e. you have no control of when you turn a person to stone. Very difficult for grouo activities, yes?

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by TheMinxTail View Post
    Medusas would either be incredibly annoying or fun depending on teh game you're playing and your DM's houseruling - i.e. you have no control of when you turn a person to stone. Very difficult for grouo activities, yes?
    By default a creature can turn off its gaze attack at will. If the DM ruled otherwise (or just for flavour), there are ways of getting blindsight, including the Blindfold of True Darkness or Umbral Disciple.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

An Awakened pumpkin sorcerer.
    Created by a bored and lonely wizard who lived in a tower far from most cities and towns.
    The wizard grew to regret this as the pumpkin made a lot of puns and generally didn’t shut up.
    The wizard put him in the basement and forgot about him.
    I really want to play this character but I haven’t met a DM who I think would allow it.
    Current Avatar By me. Hurray!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

You're playing the wrong system.

Pick up the NWOD core book, and Changeling, The Lost; A Storytelling Game of Beautiful Madness.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

A druid mummy (any intelligent undead, really)

A pseudodragon or faerie dragon sorcerer with a serious inferiority complex, who gets really upset if anyone suggests they're not a REAL dragon.

A vampire monk who refuses to believe he's undead - all his abilities are ascribed to "special monk training"

Hill giant ninja

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Eorran View Post
    A vampire monk who refuses to believe he's undead - all his abilities are ascribed to "special monk training"
    He's not going to last long, is he?

"Look, I'm not a bloody vampire! Here, I'll prove it!"

*fwoosh*

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

My brother suggested a Gelatinous Cube wizard with a cow familiar so it can spot things out of range of your blindsight.

Give the cow some ability to breathe magically and acid resistance, then engulf it. All anybody sees without a successful spot check is a floating cow. Which can cast fireballs.

For additional giggles, take overland flight when outside.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2010-02-25 at 01:45 PM.