New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bloodsong's Oasis: Restaurant and Speakeasy

Fayyaad leans upwards in response, returning the kiss with gusto. He certainly is eager, perhaps more experienced than Kal would have tnought, and Kal's proximity seems to encourage him further. His tail comes out from behind him to wrap itself around the other tiefling's leg.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Proof That Fish Can Thirst?

Marina takes a more refined approach to her own meal, making up for her cluelessness on the subject by trying to mimic the mannerisms of the other fine diners at a nearby table with a fair bit of success. It's only proper for her to cultivate such habits, after all; the manner in which ones' minions and servants present themselves to the public can have a substantial impact on how their charge is perceived, and for her actions to imply a level of uncouthness about her lady would be most dreadful indeed.

"Yes, it's certainly different," Marina agrees, wiping her mouth clean, "But very enjoyable." The maid rubs her jaw briefly before the napkin returns to her lap; she wasn't used to eating something as tough and substantial as steak. Perhaps that is yet another aspect she must change - it did seem like a popular trend in surface cuisine.

Flashing an appreciative look as Suzie pours her a glass, she raises it to her lips. She only drinks enough to get a taste, but it's still enough for Marina to cough and sputter a little as she's taken by surprise, paling somewhat.

"I-I was staring, yes," Marina admits, glancing away nervously as she hastily attempts to clean her mess. "I apologize, it is- it is not right for me to treat you so immodestly, even looking as alluring as you are," she stutters, tucking her napkin away. There's a brief pause as she processes her mistress's words further before she musters up the courage to venture a question. "...Am I merely that to you, milady? A subject, I mean.
    [Fishing for an Answer]

"Well, up until recently, you were my only servant. And that's special, isn't it? It means you're my favourite." Is being the favourite by default really that meaningful though? There's an unusually soft tone to Suzie's voice, almost a hint of tenderness perhaps. Very unusual for her, so perhaps there's some sincerity to what she said.

Suzie rests her head on two tentacles and stares thoughtfully at Marina.

"Do you desire me, Marina? Is that it? Does my loyal fishmaid wish to earn her mistress' favour in a much more intimate manner?" A pause as Suzie chuckles. One might almost think she enjoys seeing her minion squirm. "Well, you heard what I said. Minions have earned my attention before, just long enough to be eaten. Do you think yourself worthy of my attention?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

In through the door walks a seven-foot-tall construct of bronze-colored metal. On its hip sits a large, curved blade, currently sheathed, and on the right shoulder is what appears to be a magnetic rotary cannon. Around the mech's shoulders is a large white pelt, which must have been taken from a bear or something nastier. The mech moves over to a corner of the main room, and with a sudden hiss of steam, the breastplate and helmet clunk open, lifting up and out of the way to reveal the torso of a woman in her late twenties or early thirties. She's dressed in some denim hot pants, a tanktop that shows off some cleavage, and a vest. Her hip and shoulder sockets are directly connected to the machine, which neatly explains the outfit - can't rightly jack directly into a mech with floppy pants in the way.

The mech itself lifts her out of the cockpit, disconnecting her limbs and, eventually, the wires protruding from the back of her head that had connected to the headrest behind her. Said wires retreat into her hair, an unruly mess of dark green, though the roots growing in shows that red is her actual natural coloration. When her eyes open, her right eye is a relatively normal brown, but the left, surrounded by ragged scars, is obviously cybernetic and glowing blue. As she disconnects from the mech, another series of compartments open, revealing sleek black limbs, all of which fit onto her body with little fanfare, linking into her nervous system, which leaves her about average height when her sleek metal legs touch down on the floor. The mech closes back up after she's out of the way, and the woman doesn't even turn to look back at it as she strides up to the bar. Her young features give her the look of a teenager, making her possibly seem younger than she actually is, though her curves do provide a decent argument to maturity.

"Merfolk Merlot and a steak sandwich, please," she says, sitting down at the bar. From how tired she sounds, it's been a long day. She does give some glances towards the tieflings making out in the corner, though.

Spoiler: Character Image
    Show
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

A certain blue fellow sits down at the bar nearby. The stool squeaks under his considerable bulk, but unlike some places this one is built for people of considerable bulk.
    Sadly despite his good memories of the place, this time he isn't operating on Lucy's budget. A shame, he liked that spicy stuff.
    He tries not to stare at the woman sitting next to him. I mean, isn't it kind of rude to park your vehicle in the restaurant? He should get a vehicle. But then he'd have to learn how to drive it. Sam has too many hobbies already.
    Oh shoot, did he look at her too long? What if she saw him? What if she's looking. Quick Sam, say something nonchalant! Uuuuuuuh-
    "You uh, ever had this local stuff they sell for tea? Bachamel's? They advertise that it's for stress relief but it actually works well for itchy implants." oh shoot, that didn't come off as weird, did it?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

The cyborg smiles up at the big blue pig-man, evidently amused, "Haven't really ever needed an itching treatment for my implants, though I appreciate the idea. I take it you've got some experience with that whole thing? Not personal, obviously, but someone you know?"

Seems she's taking the well-meaning suggestion in stride. Really, the mech is barely a vehicle - like, yeah, it can stand off on its own, like a car, but nothing about it actually prevents a person from ignoring it, especially when it's so nicely tucked into a corner like that. Sam is more bulky in some respects than the mech is!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam nods, playing off his excitement at managing to not lodge his foot in his mouth.
    ”Yeah. An ex of mine had a whole lot of chrome. Well, most of it not nearly shiny enough to be actually chrome, but you get the idea.” He waves a hand.
    Of course he has more experience with replacement parts than most people. But most of the time people don’t want the details on that.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, chrome tends to not make a very safe implant material. Titanium and some carbon composites do a lot better for that sort of thing," she says. She looks Sam over for a moment, then says, "Alright, go ahead and ask."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam raises an eyebrow, curious. And a little confused.
    ”Ask what?” Is she expecting him to ask something in particular? Does she normally get questions about herself or something?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, usually when a guy sits down next to me at a bar, there's one of three questions going through his head. Number one is generally if he can buy me a drink, in the hopes of getting into my pants later, though you don't seem like the type to go for that one. Number two is generally about my cybernetics and how I came to have them. Number three is asking something about the mech," She takes a bite of her steak sandwich that just arrived, looking Sam over, "So, which one is it this time?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam stares at her. People usually aren’t this blunt with him.
    ”Well, I don’t really flirt with strangers given the astronomically low chance they’re actually into someone who looks like this, with rare exception I don’t generally like talking about my specs so I don’t ask about others’ unless they clearly want to brag, and frankly I don’t understand technical terms unless it’s regarding measurements and temperature, (and sometimes shell gauge I guess), so I don’t really think I was gonna go with any of those. I was honestly wonderin’ if that steak was medium rare or well done.”
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-08-26 at 03:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well done," The cyborg says, a smile in her voice as she says it, "Well, I can admit to being wrong sometimes. Name's Kathy; what's yours?" She extends a hand to the big guy to shake.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...maybe it’s better when it’s in a sandwich. Blame the cook, not the customer.
    ”It’s Sam. It’s nice to meet you Kathy.” Sam says jovially, his huge (upper) hand likely dwarfing hers.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

It does indeed. Kathy's limbs are of sturdy black construction, but they're all normally sized for a human woman, so Sam's own hand sort of engulfs hers, "What brings you down to Bloodsong's this evening?"

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

”Oh, I used to live in the Gardens before the Invasion happened. So I like to stop by sometimes for nostalgia. And the food. My roommate took me here, the first night she came to the Nexus, so it’s a bit of an old favorite of mine.” He’s not sure he feels like food at the moment. He did eat at the last place he was at. But will that stop him? It can, but it doesn’t have to.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, sorry to hear that. I know how it can be to lose a home," Though the circumstances of Kathy's loss of home are significantly worse than the invasion that happened if Sam's able to talk about it so freely, and has all his limbs in place, "How have things been since then? Any better?"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam leans back in his chair, upper hands on the back of his neck. One of the many advantages of having extra arms is that you usually have a hand free to gesticulate with. Sam has thus adopted a very animated set of mannerisms.
    "Well, Lucy has been taking care of us financially, since she insists she wants to get me something better than what we had. But she can't pick anything. So...I've been living out of a hotel. But I got a cat! He's a sweetheart. Still can't get a date, though. Them's the breaks." Sam hasn't exactly been looking hard. He's mostly gotten over his body image problems, but he still isn't really motivated to look very hard.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds like you need to have a chat with her, then. You're paying a lot more for a hotel than you would for renting out a place. You can organize a place to stay in the meantime while she looks for a more permanent residence," Kathy says, "Can't really help you on the dating prospects. Sorry, but you're not really my type."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

”Oh I’ve talked to her about it. She’s paying for all of it. She’s ritzy and she won’t settle for anything less than an estate.” He waves off her other comment.
    ”Of course I’m not. You’re sane.”

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

"Pff. Sanity has nothing to do with it; I just like guys that have some facial hair, big muscles, and only four limbs. There's probably some girls around that are interested in your type of guy. You just need to learn how to present yourself to them," Kathy says.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Fayyaad leans upwards in response, returning the kiss with gusto. He certainly is eager, perhaps more experienced than Kal would have tnought, and Kal's proximity seems to encourage him further. His tail comes out from behind him to wrap itself around the other tiefling's leg.
    Kal pulls off a bit, giving Fayyaad another quick smirk, their lips barely brushing against each other, than goes in for another kiss, forceful and confident.

His own tail curls around Fayyaad's tail in response, but that's nothing to the firm press of his hands - one in the curve of Fayyaad's waist, pulling him inwards, the other landing lower, slowly but surely caressing up the back of his thigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad gasps quietly, his breath catching. He expected Kal to be good at this - the other tiefling had the air of an experienced man. But now he finds himself swept off his feet a little bit. He dives back into the kiss, his arms wrapping themselves firmly around Kal's back - one going up to his shoulders, the other in the crook of his back.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam waves a hand.
    ”Bah. Everyone tells me that. ‘You found a girl once, just do it again!’ That was one in a million. I don’t really like acting like a creep and randomly asking people out hoping they actually like blue piggy dudes.” he says with a shrug.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

"You're coming at it from the wrong direction, mentally," Kathy responds, "Most women - the ones you want to spend time with, anyways - want emotional intimacy and connection more than they want someone to hop in bed with. You prove yourself interesting, and you'll get a lot of women interested in trying a date with you. Whether it goes beyond the first date is up in the air, but unless you try for that first point, you'll never get them to join you. I wouldn't have gone for it, but more because I have psychological hangups about guys that are larger than me than because you're not my type."

"You just have to build a rapport with them first. Then asking people out stops being creepy; it becomes an extension of the potential friendship you're showing you could have."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam shakes his head.
    ”Oh, that’s what I do. Hasn’t really worked out. Only one interested is Lucy, and I’m not going into the million reasons that’s not okay.” He sighs.
    ”Thank you, but I’m sure you didn’t come here to talk about my love life.”

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

"I came here to relax after a busy day. Talking with people can be pretty relaxing; I'm not exactly put out. If I wanted to stop talking to you, I'd have said so," Kathy says, biting into her steak sandwich. Delicious.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam nods, scratching at one of his ears.
    ”Well, okay then. Well, uh. I told you about my problems. Tell me something about you, I guess.” he asks of her, deciding that even with her permission he’d rather not continue talking about his love life.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

"I want to say 'there's not much to tell', but I think you know that'd be a lie. But I'm also gonna say there's a lot I don't want to talk about, alright? If it comes up, I'll let you know. For now, something simpler would be..."

Kathy frowns.

"Okay, maybe I'm actually kind of a boring person recently. I run a cybernetics shop in Mallside."
    Last edited by Halae; 2019-09-03 at 06:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hookup, Line and Sinker?

Normally, Marina would respond to being called her lady’s favorite with ecstasy and pride - but for once her reaction is notably conflicted. There’s a nervous unease as the maid smiles, eyes avoiding her mistress as she composes a reply.

”I... I believe I’ve proven myself more than loyal, eager enough to do anything it takes to satisfy your wants and needs.” The innuendo seems entirely unintentional. She wrestles with her nervousness for a beat or two, and she finally works up the courage to address Suzie directly. “But... well, I don’t want to just earn your favor and attention. I - I adore you, milady, and I want to - I want to be more than just another minion to you.”
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam gives her a double-shrug.
    ”Ain’t nothin wrong with being boring. I’m a chef for a buncha mercs. Pretty much same thing every day. And that usually works for me.”
    ”Except when the weird magic stuff happens but that’s not super common.”

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, but it does happen, doesn't it?" Kathy says with a smile, "something a little different every time. The novelty usually wears off pretty quick."