Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Corporate WW IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Corporate WW IC

*debates just leaving well enough alone and dying early this game*

Mmmmmm...nah, I'd like to do something this game, I think. flat_footed

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    But there is always the chance AV is merely thinking "I'm not a particularly useful role but maybe the others on the chopping block are" so I'll go back and double check where they voted (it seems I missed that) and see if they said.
    More about useful players than useful roles.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

The day is over. I'm tallying scores.

I am going to go by the first person to reach the score to be lynched and, after today, will count your first vote if not struck through. So AV would be voting for themselves, even though their last vote was for flat_footed, because they didn't cross out their self vote.

There was a hustle. Followed shortly thereafter by a bustle.

There's no way they work here, I don't know them!

That's just what they want you to think!

Guys, what if I'm actually the spy?

When the figurative dust settled (for dust has no place in a computer terminal), there was only one of you found to be fired. For now.

flat_footed was killed. They were the Archivist.

Night 1 begins now and ends in ~48h.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-12-04 at 03:57 AM.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

...well, that does... um... dang. In the after-game talk, I'd like to know why flat_footed didn't claim a role. It certainly would have made him a target for the wolves, but could have pushed the vote to flyinglemur or AvatarVecna (potential wolves as far as he knew).
    It really stinks to lose our baner.

I think that, if AvatarVecna or flyinglemur are wolf, that should give us some relevant info based on vote movements.
    I'll share my suspicions/analysis with oblivionkeeper via a QuickTopic, so that if I die it can be passed on.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I'd like to know why flat_footed didn't claim a role.
    Here's my guess:

flat_footed: "I'm the baner, don't lynch me!"
    AV: "You mean just like you were the 'baner' last game?"
    flat_footed: "No, I'm not lying this time!"

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Here's my guess:

flat_footed: "I'm the baner, don't lynch me!"
    AV: "You mean just like you were the 'baner' last game?"
    flat_footed: "No, I'm not lying this time!"
    Goodish point. I wouldn't believe him inherently.

But a major difference is we know all roles exist this game.
    We know there is a baner this game who could counterclaim; that would give more weight to what he says. If he had claimed, even so late to the cutoff that no counter-claim is likely due to time constraints, I likely would have moved my vote.
    IF someone then then counter-claims, that puts flat_footed back on the lynch block or as a likely SYSADMIN target.
    IF flat_footed then died but turns out to be honest, that puts whoever counter-claimed on the block.

So regardless, a wolf dies. Just how soon is what changes.

...in other words, to the town in general, I recommend claiming a role early on in the game. We still outnumber the wolves by a good margin, so we can probably soak it if a wolf survives a day-lynch by this method: we'd find out its a wolf soon and then kill them.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Welp, uh,sorry my vote took off?

My guess is flat_footed was too busy to count the votes and/or write up a post with a claim? Plus what AV said. Anyways, doesn't really matter now.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

So, not to sound like a total noob, but... what's a baner?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    So, not to sound like a total noob, but... what's a baner?
    There are certain kinds of mechanics that pop up very frequently in Werewolf/Mafia games; they are likely inspired by some original and official system (likely involving roles on cards) and the 'official' names for these roles become common usage for discussing them in games, often used interchangably with whatever the role's name happens to be in whatever narrative the narrator has set. Flat_footed's role (Archivist) is this specific game's take on the "Baner" role - a role that selects somebody in the night and protects that person from the nightkill. Other generic/specific roles include the Seer (Accountant), the Vigilante (SYSADMIN), and the Alpha Wolf (Long-Term Plant), at least for common roles that have versions in this game.

As you play more games, you'll pick up the generic names for the various power roles you'll see. But those largely aren't relevant to this game, since this game has a lot of powers that don't really show up very much.

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #69

Yeah I combed through the mafiascum wiki to find roles that I hadn’t seen used much.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I had an odd idea. I'm not sure if it's a good one or not, and it feels like cheating, but it might be an easy way for the Town to win.
    Someone more used to Mafia or it's math, please point out any flaws beyond stuff like the SYSADMIN and Accountant dying early.

NOTE: after finishing this post, the idea seems not-so-good, but I'll still post it for critique. That is, I'm not recommending this anymore but it sounds fun/interesting to discuss.

---

Currently, all Roles exist.
    If everyone claims a Role, we'd have 4 inconsistencies, as the 4 wolves would have to claim someone that belongs to a Town. Archivist and CEO's Child are already out, but there's still a lot of Roles to overlap.

So wouldn't it behoove the Town to forgo the usual paranoia and everyone reveal? Then we kill whoever has an inconsistency as quickly as we can (via lynching and SYSADMIN, and probably that Experimental Coder has a kill ability in one of its packets).

Attempt at Mathemancy
    14 are alive now Night 1. 10 Town, 4 wolf.
    If everyone reveals tonight, wolves kill somebody and SYSADMIN kills somebody. Down to 8 Town/4 Wolf or 9 Town/3 Wolf.
    During the Day, we lynch someone. We'd be between 7 Town/4 Wolf and 9 Town/2 Wolf.
    That night, if there's still 4 wolves, the SYSADMIN can definitely kill one of the wolves since we'd know who they are via the mis-lynch. So we get 6 Town/3 Wolf to 8 Town/2 Wolf.

Ehh.... it definitely seems like it could be risky if we pick the wrong person out of the dual-claims. I'll see if anybody more experienced (or better at this math) wants to do calculations. And if the SYSADMIN dies, we're in trouble... and the wolves will probably kill the SYSADMIN during the night (though the SYSADMIN could kill whoever counter-claims SYSADMIN.)
    So maybe this idea does fail and it would only work if the Town were really lucky? Or the Archivist hadn't died and they could protect the SYSADMIN at least once.

All that said, it definitely sounds like less fun to play this route. So I'd be happy if folks don't want to, but it seems an opportunity with the 10-4 split we currently have and all active roles and, at least during Day 1, all active players.

11. - Top - End - #71

BlueWizardGirl

If we do that, I assume the wolves just unstoppably kill the SYSADMIN night 1, and we lose.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

It has worked before kind of. But not when someone first announced that this was the town's plan prior to opening it up.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    If we do that, I assume the wolves just unstoppably kill the SYSADMIN night 1, and we lose.
    That is probably a significant flaw in my math. To keep above the curb of wolf kill + 50% chance of lynching wrong person, we'd need the SYSADMIN to help with the killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    It has worked before kind of. But not when someone first announced that this was the town's plan prior to opening it up.
    Why would announcing it alter anything? The wolves would surely think something is up if everyone suddenly announces their roles, especially if they are forced to follow suit or be considered wolves by default.

Even on a smaller, 1-or-2 person scale (e.g., if flat_footed and someone else both claimed Archivist, we'd lynch one then know to kill the other if the first were town), declaring it beforehand should work, right? The wolves don't have a baner or voider to protect their own or null one of our kills, so they can't protect themselves from it.

---

Anyway, I could see it being too late now. Maybe could have worked during the Day when we had 15-4 and the death there would have revealed a wolf.
    And, if it did work, it'd make the game so methodical that it'd be pretty boring.

14. - Top - End - #74

WhiteWizardGirl

I thought about that too, but I figured the wolves would just claim whatever set of roles would be the biggest pain in the butt to check via lynching. Retaliator, sysadmin, archivist, something like that. Then we lynch all of those good roles, get hit by the retaliation, and all the while the wolves have the name of the Accountant, Sysadmin or whoever else they want to kill. Seems like a bad idea.

15. - Top - End - #75

As the server refreshed itself, the hard drive had been flipped into overdrive. Unfortunately, the Betamax's syntax had erroneously overflowed the output, leading to the minor problem of the one person with access to the CEO's ear more than anyone being ejected from the system.

oblivionkeeper7 was killed. They were the CEO's Child.

Day 2 starts now and ends in ~48h.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-12-06 at 03:12 AM.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... {Scrubbed}. At least the system admin didn't take out any town.
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-12-06 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Scrubbed

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Well... {Scrub the post, scrub the quote}. At least the system admin didn't take out any town.
    Can't say I'm too surprised they died in the night, but it's an easy call to make. Probably doesn't help that people were discussing "smart wolf play is killing them before they can network" here in-thread, but.

And yeah I'm kinda glad we don't have another wildly-firing Vig this game. Means it might actually last long enough for town to get a clue.

Placeholder vote on PartyOfRouges who I'd like to hear more from.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-12-06 at 05:30 PM.

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

For now I will poke JeenLeen.. You've said some odd things this far.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Hey everybody.
    So before I do some quick psychoanalysis to determine which of two seer-claims who contacted me this morning is a lying wolf, is there a way I've missed that two people could have scried me as town last night?
    Anyone see a way?
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    If two people scry the same target, they will receive a “no result.”

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #81

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hold on a goddamn second. That makes three claims to being seer and having scried a specific person as town last night, because I got a claim of that too.

...I'm seriously starting to think that we're all getting played. Has anyone else got someone claiming to have scried them?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Disregard everything I just said for now.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I have also received a claim that I've been scried (scryed) as Town. Something fishy is definitely going on.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I have also received a claim that I've been scried (scryed) as Town. Something fishy is definitely going on.
    *shrug* Quick googlings indicate scried is the official past tense of scry, but scryed works too. English is weird, idk.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #85

WolfInSheepsClothing

Okay, though I love you, AvatarVecna, you better explain what you're up to, stat.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Can I assume from Unavenger's post that AvatarVecna is the person who claimed to have scried them? Because I also got a message from AV claiming to have scried me as town and asking for my role...

Admittedly, I can see a reason why a townie might do that. But I can also see a reason why a wolf might do that. Hence my vote is going on AV until they explain what they're up to. (Also, I was going to vote either AV or flyinglemur to start out today anyways, since one of them turning out to be a wolf would give us some nice info from D1.)
    Last edited by Elenna; 2019-12-06 at 11:44 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Will I be one of the cool kids if I vote AvatarVecna too?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-12-06 at 07:10 PM.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Last edited by JeenLeen; 2019-12-06 at 01:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Well well well, AvatarVecna was also the one who contacted me. Looks like you've got some explaining to do.
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2019-12-06 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Strike through vote

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Well well well, AvatarVecna was also the one who contacted me. Looks like you've got some explaining to do.
    Everybody keeps saying that. Who knows, maybe eventually it'll be true.

My Homebrew