New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: House of X

1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: House of X

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    That list is a non-exhaustive list o the active X-Men.

You're looking at a list that not only includes people who died in the most recent run but people who have been dead since 2008. It's silly to assume that Velacidad and Blindfold are still dead.

As for the younger generation: Glob, No-Girl, Shark Girl and Rockslide are in the younger generation and are on the list.
    This is literally the repetition of the same argument I have with X-Men fans every relaunch for years now. And I have addressed your point above. Just because Marvel throws them into 1 (one) single piece of promo material, not even a new piece of art like "impoertant people" got but a collage, only seems manipulative to me. Once again, X-editorial has proven over and over again it hates the younger generation as much as Dan DiDio hates Nightwing and Wally West, they spent the last story trying to mock and shame everyone who looks up to them, calling them children, worthless and button-mashers. They time and time again reduce their role to a face in a crowd and do NOTHING to do or make look bad so "REAL" X-Men can look better. And then and after constantly telling us supposedly NOBODY wants to read about them, editorial will throw a picture like this to dupe their fans into buying a book about other characters.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

Got around to Powers of X today. It was...fine? I guess? There's only so long you can substitute being cryptic for an actual plot and keep my interest, and we're reaching that threshold for me. I'm willing to keep reading and see if it turns around, but so far these first 2 issues haven't been anything special.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Dude.

It's Jonathon Hickman.

Jonathon "I love working with huge rosters of characters" Hickman.

Jonathon "I was hired to writer Fantastic Four but know very little about it so I'll have to read literally everything and make sure there's lots of call-backs to obscure things as a treet to the dedicated fans, oh, I guess I'll do the same for the Avengers" Hickman.

And he actually likes and reads X-men so that, but more so.

That wasn't promotional material. That was a list of the characters that Hickman himself said for sure would be active X-Men in his run, and it is nowhere near exhaustive.

You're being pessimistic. When loads and loads of dead characters come back, you shouldn't assume that anyone is dead until they're confirmed to still be dead.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Great start so far. Bringing back all the killed during the last Uncanny X-men run would be already great, but bringing back people killed before like the Stepford sisters. That is anothere reason to read it . The X-men are getting good again.

And I just read the Dawn of X series stuff. Coming October I will add 6 new titles to my list. I mean X-men(Hickman is one of the few to manage that power level) is a given and the rest sound good too.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

Goblin

Dude.

It's Jonathon Hickman.
    And that does the opposite of filling me with optimism. If anything it makes me feel anxiety over which of my favorite characters will die because Hickman thinks they're lame again.

Jonathon "I love working with huge rosters of characters" Hickman.
    Too bad he doesn't know how to work with them and most of the characters he writes end up as either forgotten or colossal disappointments. Remember Captain universe? Doctor Strange as leader fo the Black Priests? The Builders? Star Brand? All of them basically amounted to NOTHING in the end.

Jonathon "I was hired to writer Fantastic Four but know very little about it so I'll have to read literally everything and make sure there's lots of call-backs to obscure things as a treet to the dedicated fans, oh, I guess I'll do the same for the Avengers" Hickman.
    Avengers? You mean the same series where Hickman would be happily slaughtering everything he deemed as "not cool" including few great things and places like home planet of Spacekngihts (and Spaceknights themselves until he got so much crap for it he threw them on a single panel alive with no explanation), Captain Britain Corps, Wakanda (including killing Shuri. Interesting btw how ALL of places I listed were ruled by women when Hickman had them decimated)? Whehere he had his OCs slaughter Abstracts with stupid lasers and then had them lose to Doctor Doom because they can defeat personification of time and space but cannot travel in time? Where he made two events about nothing but have everyone job to a) his lame OCs and b) his favorite character, Doctor Doom? Where he had ignored everything established about Cosmic Marvel empires and characters ever so that he can have them job to his underpowered lame OCs? Where he had things that we should be reading about happen off-panel and told us in flashbacks because spending two issues on heroes fighting one another was more important?

And his Fantastic Four wasn't exactly perfect either, I'm still bitter about how he tore down everything Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning built with no respect or regard whatsoever for no other reason than that he wanted to set up his stupid ideas (which, ironically, were only then brought back when another bad writer slaughtered them to set up his bad status quo).

And he actually likes and reads X-men so that, but more so.
    And that only makes me even more concerned. For years now we get nothing but one writer after another who is such a big fan of old books they want to do nothing more but recycle old stories and wallow in nostalgia and who resent every character who came after they stopped reading and doesn't use them or uses them as cannon fodder. What I should be looking forward? Another in legion of creepy men who as kids had a crush on Kitty Pryde and now obsess over her on page? What X-Men need is people who AREN'T life-long fans because they might actually try something new for a change.

That wasn't promotional material. That was a list of the characters that Hickman himself said for sure would be active X-Men in his run, and it is nowhere near exhaustive.
    1. See point about Hickman's inability to actually utilize a large cast above.
    2. I'm supposed to be happy characters I like will AGAIN be a wallpaper for "real" X-Men?
    3. You still have not addressed my point about how X-Editorial's history of mistreatment of Academy X and younger characters and how editorial then goes out of its way to LIE and trick their fans into buying comics about completely unrelated characters where someone like Surge or Rockslide shows ON ONE PANEL! DOING NOTHING!

You're being pessimistic. When loads and loads of dead characters come back, you shouldn't assume that anyone is dead until they're confirmed to still be dead.
    I'm being pessimistic because X-Editorial AND Hickman have done nothing in years to make me optimistic. And I have no trust Jordan White won't find SOME way to keep dead characters me hade it clear he hates and think they make X-Men too old.

And let's not pretend that this mass resurrection is that fun anyway, I fear White will want to use it to erase deaths in a terrorist attack in NXM by Kyle and Yost. The same one who pushed surviving kids to become some of my favorite characters. White would gladly roll back time and undo all that character development because he thinks that story made "real" X-Men look bad.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

House of X2 is out. People are going to have opinions about the developments in this chapter.

Spoiler: House of X2 Spoilers
    Show

So I want to know what happened in the first Moira life, for she lived 10 lives.

Moira of life 5, 9, and 10 may be active still. Moira of timeline 6 we know nothing about for Hickmann purposefully omitted information from this timeline.

Yet Moira of life 1 outlived the other Moiras by 22 years so something about that timeline was stable for the rest of humanity, humans and mutants alike. Life 1 may eventually go nutso but it appears to be a more stable lifetime so far, before the chaos is introduced with Moira having memories of the other lifetimes and thus modifying reality.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-08-07 at 12:54 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

This is not an exhaustive list--not mentioned but confirmed to be on various teams are Warlock, Apocalypse, and the rest of the Star Jammers.

X-23
    Mercury
    Surge
    Jubilee
    Armor
    Magik
    Rockslide
    Wolverine
    Pixie
    Beast
    Chamber
    Emma Frost
    Hmmmmmmm...

At least they have the best ones and a good chunk of the others (and without said bolded it would be a case of "nope, don't care...")

No Banshee, though...

On the other hand, I'm not sure I really can be arsed for another round of "chase up the comics" as this stage, given as they chop and chance with such frequency.

So mostly I'll just keep my hopes for and eventual MCU Jubilee...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    No Banshee, though...
    According to wikipedia he's alive and well as of House of X.

I was curious personally because I think I remember him being dead but I might've been thinking of someone else.

But nope, he did die, and now he's fine.

I really hope so. I was so disappointed with Fox putting her in the trailers with a Jubilee-looking actor and cool bright costume and making out like she might've been a character only to end up being mostly a background extra with a few lines.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2019-08-08 at 05:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

No Banshee, though...
    Banshee is alive and well, we see him in House of X1

Spoiler: Links to an image of Banshee in HoX1, and talks about HoX2
    Show

Banshee is alive and well, we see him in the distance in the 3rd Panel where Jean is taking a mutant girl through the Gateways for the first time.

Links to the CBR preview which showed off 4 pages of HoX1 as a free preview

This is probably going to be important for we find out in House of X2 that Moira is important to the various lifetimes that House of X and Power of X is going to cover. Moira and Banshee are former lovers and Banshee has talked Moira down a couple of times in the past after Moira experience trauma and thus was not herself in her thinking.

Banshee of course dies in the 00s when Vulcan (the 3rd Summers child and an Omega mutant) was introduced. He was resurrected a few times, with the most recent resurrection being the two apocalypse twins using celestial technology to bring him back from the dead and to make him a Horseman of Apocalypse.

So yeah Banshee alive and well and without being a Horseman / Celestial tech infused is supposed to be an indication that not all is well.

One last thing Hickman in a twitter thread said they made a small error in House of X2, he accidentally reversed the two dates on a timeline that he provided at the end of House of X2. The in house timeline dates for the Genosha Genocide (2001 in E Is for Extinction, Morrison's X-Men Arc) and Moira's death (Uncanny X-Men 388, 389) at the hand of Mystique are backwards.

Moira dies first at the hand of Mystique, and only later was Genosha attacked by Cassandra Cain and the Wild Sentinels.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-08-08 at 12:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe I'll look at the trade at some point, then; might be less hassle then trying to arse about with subcriptions again (which inevitably means an additional search for the first several issues that Forbidden Planet misses unless you ht that magic window between "not available to subscribe to" and "too late for issue one.")

11. - Top - End - #41

Hmmmmmmm...

At least they have the best ones and a good chunk of the others (and without said bolded it would be a case of "nope, don't care...")

No Banshee, though...

On the other hand, I'm not sure I really can be arsed for another round of "chase up the comics" as this stage, given as they chop and chance with such frequency.

For the record, while Jubilee's possible role in House/Powers is unknown, she's confirmed to be a mamber of Excalibur who are getting a comic in October.

The current Excalibur run is Betsy(In her original body, as Captain Britain, though Brian is also operating as Captain Britain despite Betsy having the amulet,) Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Richtor, and... Apocalypse.

I personally want to know what the hell is up with that last bit.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

For the record, while Jubilee's possible role in House/Powers is unknown, she's confirmed to be a mamber of Excalibur who are getting a comic in October.

The current Excalibur run is Betsy(In her original body, as Captain Britain, though Brian is also operating as Captain Britain despite Betsy having the amulet,) Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Richtor, and... Apocalypse.

I personally want to know what the hell is up with that last bit.
    Wasn't there at one point like a reincarnation or good or something big A as a kid with the Xmen? Maybe its him that's with them.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    Wasn't there at one point like a reincarnation or good or something big A as a kid with the Xmen? Maybe its him that's with them.
    Genesis. His clone, I think. I've only seen comics he's been in not his origins.

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    Genesis.

After the Blood of Apocalypse, a storyline that happened just after the Decimation ended with Apocalypse being kidnapped by the Celestials, his descendants, Clan Akkaba, tried to resurrect him(he apparently died off-screen) in a more controllable form--the same soul in a genetically identical body but no memory of his original life and in a child's body. They'd then raise the child to be the same but submissive to them instead of dominating them. However, En Sabah Nur was actually a kind and compassionate boy until his adoptive father literally had the compassion beaten out of him(and even then, he didn' go full evil until he suffered greatly fighting Rama Tut) and he resisted.

The X-Men initially wanted to take the reincarnated Apocalypse and raise him to be good, but he was killed by Fantomex because the risk was too great. However, he was curious about the idea of whether or not Apocalypse could have turned out good in different circumstances and cloned him, different soul, and raised the kid in a gestation tank giving him memories of growing up in a small rural American town to a small family. The child was named Evan Sabahnur and after coming out of gestation in his teen years(he has faked paperwork, legally he's currently 16,) he was sent to the X-Men's school.

Evan is a good boy. Everyone likes Evan.

But Evan is not Apocalypse.

The real Apocalyse eventually came back to life as an adult with all of his memories off-screen, we don't know how, but his attempts to make a perfect body to inhabit were depicted in the back-up story in X-Men black(a weekly miniseries that talked about Magneto, Emma Frost, Mojo, Mystique, and The Juggernaut. So far, only Mojo's has gone anywhere.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Kitten Champion
    But nope, he did die, and now he's fine.
    Sooner or later this covers everyone.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Sooner or later this covers everyone.

For the X-Men it's practically the entrance exam at this point.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently so. Reading through this thread reminds me just how very long it’s been since I was a regular X-reader.

I can’t keep track of who’s who anymore. The Warlock I remember was a techno-lifeform on the run from his father…and Emma Frost was a) always bad, and b) only a telepath, without any of the sparkly that’s apparently now her thing.

And I distinctly remember Xavier’s son dying at one point, but I expect he’s fine now, just like everyone else.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Why, is there another Warlock?

I mean, aside from Adam Warlock who's been around since the 60's.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post

Warlock-the-ex-Phalanx has been around since I think at least the '80s (For the given value of around which included at least one long-term death).

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

I can’t keep track of who’s who anymore. The Warlock I remember was a techno-lifeform on the run from his father…and Emma Frost was a) always bad, and b) only a telepath, without any of the sparkly that’s apparently now her thing.
    This is the super condensed version (I will gladly elaborate further if you are interested.)

Emma Frost in the Dark Phoenix Saga (1980) is part of the Hellfire Club. But even when the Dark Phoenix Saga is happening she is introduced as the headmistress of an alternative Mutant School, the Massachusetts Academy and during the Dark Phoenix Saga she tried to recruit Kitty Pryde to join that school instead of Xaviers.

The Short of It is Marvel introduced two new "young x-men teams" with New Mutants (1-100 comics, 1982 to 1991) and then later Generation X (1994 to 2001) and Emma Frost is a key figure in both of these lines of these younger X-Men teams. If you do not read these two spin off comics you will be unfamiliar what has been happening to Emma Frost, even though she has like a 150+ appearances in those two comics.

Eventually during these 20 years from 1980 to 2001 Emma Frost becomes an ally of Xavier and Magneto. In 1980 to 1986 she is a pure rival with her Hellions / Massachusetts Academy which was funded by the Hellfire Club.

Then 1986 to 1991 she is a sympathetic but not true ally of Xavier's Academy.

Then in 1994 to 2001 she run Generation X in her Massachusetts Academy with Banshee and while they were different schools they were closely tied allies with Xaviers. Then Gen X disbanded in 2001 (Emma mindwipe her students for good reasons, but it was a betrayal of trust) so Emma goes to Genosha to teach, and Emma is there when the Sentinels attacked and killed 16 million mutants, with Emma only surviving due to her second mutation of the Diamond Form. (This is still 2001) After which Emma joins Xavier's Academy full time as a teacher and x-men and now Emma has an additional 600+ appearances as an X-Men since 2001.

-----

Emma is still a telepath, a very good one, yet not as good as Jean, and not as good as Xavier in a pure power standpoint, but she is excellent with technique and thus sometimes does feats close to these two. Emma has a diamond form she can use but in it she is both immune to telepathy but also can't use her telepathy. Oh yeah Emma is also a telekinetic in theory but not in practice, we seen other people use Emma's telekinetic powers when they are in Emma's body or when a certain mutant with "synch powers" is able to use telekinesis when he is nearby Emma. Yet Emma has never used those telekinetic powers herself with her conscious mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post

What Aotrs said. Warlock is this guy.

Warlock-the-ex-Phalanx has been around since I think at least the '80s (For the given value of around which included at least one long-term death).
    Warlock is part of a species called the Technarchy. (More on this later.) In the 1980s he was a member of the New Mutants team even though he was an alien with over a 100 comic appearances in New Mutants and other titles in the 1980s. Eventually Warlock died, and prior to Warlock's death the mutant Cypher (Doug Ramsey) Warlock's best friend died for an unrelated reason. Thus Wolfsbane (another New Mutant teammate) and the 3rd in this 3 person friendship told them to mix Warlock ashes together with Doug's burial place for it would be what Warlock would have wanted (since they were best friends.)

In the Phalanx Covenant we learn more about the Technarchy. The Technarchy is an alien race that "eats" by converting organic matter into Techno-Organic matter and then absorbing the life force of the composite entity after it has been converted. If the Technarchy does not eat the life force the new Techno-Organic matter will become the Phalanx, and the Phalanx will do a hive mind thing and try to take over the world consuming all organic matter in its place. So it is important for the Technarchy to eat what they convert.

Warlock was a mutant for he was a pacifist and did not want to do this. He was fine eating organics but did not want to eat sentient organics.

Well after Warlock death there was the crossover story event the Phalanx Covenant over several different comics where humans injected themselves with remains of Warlock in order to become living sentinels to hunt mutants, becoming the Phalanx. But once they become the Phalanx they were no longer really in control and became a plague. Thus they had to be stopped. Now this story happened in 1994 in the comics, and in 1996 they adapted it into the X-Men cartoon but they changed lots of details of the plot but they kept the essence of the Warlock character as a character the same.

After the Phalanx Covenant a new character Douglock was introduced for the ashes of Warlock on the graves of Douglas Ramsey (Cypher) resurrected the two and created a composite entity. Later on the composite entity is revealed just to be Warlock now with Douglas Ramsey's memories. And later on in different stories Douglas Ramsey is revived for X-Men do not stay dead.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-08-09 at 12:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    for X-Men do not stay dead.
    Except for (as far as I'm aware barring one cameo in House of M) Everett and Angelo. To my mild annoyance.

And most of those who got blowed up in the train-wreck aftermath of said House of M...

I mean, by all means and spoken without any sarcarsm, please do correct me if I'm wrong on those counts.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Except for (as far as I'm aware barring one cameo in House of M) Everett and Angelo. To my mild annoyance.

And most of those who got blowed up in the train-wreck aftermath of said House of M...

I mean, by all means and spoken without any sarcarsm, please do correct me if I'm wrong on those counts.
    They were both resurrected with the Necrosha event. It is not clear if they are still alive or they are dead again. This is because with the Necrosha event Selene was resurrectindead mutants, only to sacrifice them again so she could be a goddess, yet she was stopped prior to killing all the people she brought back alive.

So they may be alive or dead, but it is a fact they did come back.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

They were both resurrected with the Necrosha event. It is not clear if they are still alive or they are dead again. This is because with the Necrosha event Selene was resurrectindead mutants, only to sacrifice them again so she could be a goddess, yet she was stopped prior to killing all the people she brought back alive.

So they may be alive or dead, but it is a fact they did come back.
    Sort of guessing the latter, given they lack of mentions but I guess anything's possible...

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander
    Warlock-the-ex-Phalanx has been around since I think at least the '80s….
    This may be the one I’m thinking of, although I don’t recall the Phalanx part. This Warlock was black, stretchy, able to reconfigure to almost any shape, and was part of the New Mutants for a good long while. He showed up very early in their run, probably mid-80s-ish.

Originally Posted by Ramza00
    Warlock is part of a species called the Technarchy….
    Ah. Yes. That would be him.

I’d forgotten about the absorbing-energy aspect, but I do recall that was something of a sticking point. Warlock was a trip.

…a new character Douglock was introduced for the ashes of Warlock on the graves of Douglas Ramsey….
    O gawd, I’m glad I missed that part.

I recall Doug Ramsey’s death very well. Nothing against him, but I kind of wish he’d remained that way, simply because his death had a genuine impact on the rest of the team. But it does seem like coming back is the thing to do.

Emma Frost in the Dark Phoenix Saga (1980) is part of the Hellfire Club. But even when the Dark Phoenix Saga is happening she is introduced as the headmistress of an alternative Mutant School, the Massachusetts Academy and during the Dark Phoenix Saga she tried to recruit Kitty Pryde to join that school instead of Xaviers.
    Yup, I remember all this very well. The Hellions were frenemies for a while.

Thanks for the overview about where she went afterward. Emma Frost was always an interesting character, although very much the implacable foe when I was reading. Apparently she and Magneto both saw the light, at least for a while.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for the overview about where she went afterward. Emma Frost was always an interesting character, although very much the implacable foe when I was reading. Apparently she and Magneto both saw the light, at least for a while.
    She has seen the light (maybe she has turned again for like I said at the start of this thread, I have given up on the X-Men the last decade as it is called in HoX2, so I probably missed some things. Wait I think Emma went mad in the Mutants vs Inhumans arc of 2016 to 2017.)

There is a great speech of Emma Frost in Astonishing X-Men #1 the start of the Joss Whedon run. Kitty Pryde is just starting to be a teacher on her first day, and the student body is having an assembly where Frost is speaking and she announced Frost and Cyclops they will be the headmaster and headmistress.

Here is the spoiler block for I will include 1 double page spread.

Spoiler: Astonishing X-Men #1 thus 2004.
    Show

Part 1 of the Speech:

Now.
    This is a place of learning.
    Not just about your mutant gifts, but about the world.
    Respect for your teachers, mutant and human alike, will be expected of all of you.
    Control of your powers, the safety of those around you, is of paramount importance.
    Violence of any kind will never be tolerated.

Part 2 of the speech.

Emma Frost (to the students):
    They will always hate us.
    We will never live in a world of peace.
    Which is why control and non-violence are essential.
    We must prove ourselves a peaceful people.
    We must give the ordinary humans respect, compliance, and understanding.
    And we must never mistake that for trust.

----

Note she did not warned the teachers before hand pulling this stunt so the rest of the X-Men teachers were kind of peeved at her afterwards.

Emma does not believe peace is possible, nor does she believe we can learn and then internalize the learning forever into our genes to be peaceful.

No Emma believes it is in human instincts the urge to dominate others, and to not be dominate others, this is our instinct as individuals. But we can create other behaviors via groups that are not the behaviors of individuals. Only via "group" structures outside the individual is harmony is possible, a form of Détente, an easing of strained / hostile relations. But this is not peace. One must be a participant in the world creating a better world for all, but one must always be vigilant for Emma believes there is a small amount of the population that will always exist that will disrupt Xavier's dream.

Thus Xavier's dream is an idealistic, utopic nonsense to Emma. Yet something similar to Xavier's dream is very much achievable in a practical way. She is an anti-hero, a person who has faced a similar level of persecution as Magneto due to she having several bad runs with Sentinels, furthermore she has experiences with abuse in her family and so on, and her wicked days in the hellfire club.

Emma has changed for she used to be needlessly cruel, and now she is no longer needlessly cruel but instead vigilant and sometimes cruel. Emma has changed and grown, and learn to accept some vulnerability in her life.

(I am not really an Emma fan, that said I find her fascinating and sometimes right, even though she often uses bad judgement / needles people when she should not. )

26. - Top - End - #56

Technarc.

The Phalanx are an offshoot of the Technarchy--in the native language of the Technarchy, Phalanx literally means "leftovers." the Phalanx as a species are beings who were infected with the Transmode Virus and became Techno-Organic without having been devoured and managed to escape and evolved, for lack of a better term, into a militaristic "Borg/Cybermen" type "conquer and assimilate" race, using a modified version of the Transmode Virus to convert ner organisms into more Phalanx and absorb new tech.

IIRC, they most recently got taken over by Ultron who used stolen titanian eternal technology to incorporate his own schematics into the TM Virus to slowly turn the universe into an Ultron Hivemind.

As for Warlock, as far as I can tell he's been forcibly merged with his strain of the Transmode Virus and only has a body if he takes over someone else. ONE was using him to make Sentinels and he was forcibly infected into a good chunk of th eNew Mutants, but Dark Beast, who had been captured by the remaining X-Men and forced to be their science guy while the others were in X-Man's pockert reality, was able to extract all traces of Warlock from them and merged them into one of Madrox's dupes. This was dubbed "Warlox" and was one of the casulties of Uncanny X-Men.

Warlock was resurrected along with everyone else, but still seems to be sans his own body--he's apparently symbiotically sharing Doug's body, going by Doug's Technarch arm in House of X #1

(The originally Douglock was Warlock with Doug's memory, they only thought he was a fusion of them both.)
    Last edited by Rater202; 2019-08-09 at 04:50 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Power of X 2 is out, I have thoughts but they will be shared later once they been ruminate more.

Spoiler: Short thoughts
    Show
    I expect Moira to cure herself with her last lifetime and becoming a lowly human.
    I expect this to happen due to Frank Herbert Dune Themes with his six books and the Golden Path.
    Moira is limiting both human and mutant potential with her superpower, she is a gardener who is shaping the destiny of all the various groups. She is the cancer doctor who is cutting out the malignant cancer but also the positive mutations.

We are going to thus have system viewpoint themes where we need to think from a system perspective, while we are also going to need to think from an individual / liberty / discrete individual perspective that is orthogonal with the system perspective. This is going to be influenced by the intelligence vs souls distinction for the higher hive minds you go with the intelligence scale you lose your souls and we are going to have a theme to point out that souls, individual perspectives, etc is important.

So more thoughts later, but this is my start of my thoughts of 1/3rd of House of X + Power of X with 4 comics out of the 12.

Until then, retcons everywhere!
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-08-14 at 02:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

Emma is in a weird place because the narrative always treats her like she's a hero...while her actions are very much villainous. The X-men in general tend to live in a gray area where they often act closer to villains than heroes and Emma takes it to an extreme.

Her willingness to dominate other's minds to get what she wants (including her friends and lovers) will always leave her firmly in the villain camp for me, no matter what her intentions are.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Her willingness to dominate other's minds to get what she wants (including her friends and lovers) will always leave her firmly in the villain camp for me, no matter what her intentions are.
    Jean does this too all the time. Jean just finds ways to rationalize her behavior, but when the rationalizations are so common they are not a restraining force but instead exist for self-image.

Sidenote is there any telepath that has not done super shady stuff? Telepaths the most shady of all the mutants generally...probably.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

Jean does this too all the time. Jean just finds ways to rationalize her behavior, but when the rationalizations are so common they are not a restraining force but instead exist for self-image.

Sidenote is there any telepath that has not done super shady stuff? Telepaths the most shady of all the mutants generally...probably.
    I'm sure you're right about Jean, but I've apparently missed the stories when she acts like that. I know that the young Jean they had running around for a while was a jerk, but I feel like that's basically an entirely different character.

I'm not sure there are any examples of telepaths who aren't jerks. Even Xavier is an awful person. I would have said Jean, but apparently not.