New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Outside XXXIX

Crater

Jakkal's in a sorry condition to be sure, most of his flesh burnt or flensed from the bones beneath and their strange black lattice covering. One of his eyes is smashed in and shut, and the other flushed red from burst blood vessels. But even as Alice approaches, he begins to heal, autosanguinators going into overdrive to patch skin, reshape flesh, and even return shattered teeth to their almost fang-like points, all of them. The psyhic work speeds this up visibly, and sparks something in Jakkal. Sparks and embers jump from a mass of scars on the top of his forehead, and as Alice pulls him out, a small halo of fire slowly forms around his head, flaring weakly.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Crater

Jakkal's in a sorry condition to be sure, most of his flesh burnt or flensed from the bones beneath and their strange black lattice covering. One of his eyes is smashed in and shut, and the other flushed red from burst blood vessels. But even as Alice approaches, he begins to heal, autosanguinators going into overdrive to patch skin, reshape flesh, and even return shattered teeth to their almost fang-like points, all of them. The psyhic work speeds this up visibly, and sparks something in Jakkal. Sparks and embers jump from a mass of scars on the top of his forehead, and as Alice pulls him out, a small halo of fire slowly forms around his head, flaring weakly.
    As Alice pulls him out, she may notice a grappling hook connect to the crater's edge by her, and Katherine zips ocer, skidding next to Alice.
    What happened here?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #1473

[Lost Temple]

"Seems like a safer bet, think they'd have sealed it off otherwise. Why make a trap at two places when you can just pick one?" Dena explains as they head for the back entrance. She will have Violet enter first of course, just in case. "Last time I were here the entrances sealed off after we entered. I got something for that this time though." Then they reach the altar! Oh no!

The drow looks unimpressed by the demons speech. "Yeah, it babbled like that last time I were here too. It's a villain thing." She comments while looking around the temple. "I bet you 500 gold the entrances were just sealed just now. So you better live up to your claims or we have to take my escape strategy."

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Crater

Alice raises an eyebrow at this display of psionic power, but turns her head away at Katherine's words and says, "Looks like a crash...I have things under control, though. Don't worry about it."

((Ark, it's impolite to interrupt other people's scenes without their permission.))

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Crater

Jakkal's body seems to be going through some sort of strange check up sequence. Limbs twitch and flex, eyes flutter, skin discolours and recolours as blood rushes to different areas, teeth gnash. The silver aquila pendant-the only apparel to survive the crash-shakes and slowly, wobbling as it goes, rises from his chest and floats gently.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

6. - Top - End - #1476

Crater That Was Apparently A Scene Between You Two That I Wasn't Aware Of

Katherine's eyes widen, and she steps back, blades held in front of her.
    What the hell are you?!
    She asks, frightened.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

Crater

Alice looks at Katherine and says, "It's none of your concern. Please, leave and let me deal with this. There are forces in play here beyond you knowledge."

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

Crater

Small objects around Jakkal rise and fall one by one. Shards of metals, bits of scorched sod, shoestrings, shredded wires. Veins on his head pulse and quiver as each object in the area is tested in order of size, ending with anything much larger than a bolt gun.

(Recaiden) He lives!

9. - Top - End - #1479

Crater

Small objects around Jakkal rise and fall one by one. Shards of metals, bits of scorched sod, shoestrings, shredded wires. Veins on his head pulse and quiver as each object in the area is tested in order of size, ending with anything much larger than a bolt gun.
    Katherine sheaths her ken, and salutes Ariel with a right fist over her heart and a left arm behind the waist.
    So I can see. Shall we meet again, miss, and good luck.
    With that, Katherine zips away, and exits the scene.
    ((Apologies for accidentally crashing the scene))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

With the strange woman gone, Alice takes a closer look at the strange man. After using her Expert Medical Talents(TM) to examine his body, she closes her eyes and performs a similar, though considerably less expert examination of him on a psychic level.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Crater

Jakkal's connection to the warp is powerful, but his ability to control and channel it is downright pathetic and suited only for unsubtle actions.

Physically, he's very healthy, but given the rate at which he heals and the strange black latice over his bones, he's certainly got some high quality bionic enhancement going on. Possibly even genetic. Work of a highly heretical nature, beyond the realms of sane technology.

(Recaiden) He lives!

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

Crater

Alice takes a mental note of all this as she lifts the unconscious man onto her back, takes a moment to ensure he won't fall off, and then slithers off toward the Gardens to try to get him some proper medical aid.

((Basically, he's riding of the snakebutt, if you were wondering, TS.))

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Mysterious Mountains

The door's hinges seem to suggest it opens away from where they are. And as there's no sign of a lock, it should open easily. Around the door is granite, which is perhaps softer than steel- it can be but with steel tools, anyway- but is thicker. KR now has a Lochaber Axe, plucked from the rubble. It's a high-quality weapon, with a stout oaken haft and a polished steel blade. It's well-crafted, but unornamented, making it likely to be intended for practical rather than ceremonial purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Mysterious Mountains]

"Looks like we won't be opening this door the easy way," Wenomir says as gives the door a firm push just to be sure.
    "Well at the very least it looks like we can keep our armory well-stocked." KR quips, hefting the axe.
    "These are well made. I wonder how many are underneath all this rubble."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Mountains

The door swings open on hinges; it's very well balanced. And there's no lock, so I have no idea what Wenomir was on about.

Beyond the door is a corridor carved from the basalt bedrock, lit by enchanted crystals embedded into the walls every three metres. The corridor is designed on a human scale, so they should have no difficulty navigating it. The corridor turns to the left, but there's also another two doors on the right.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

[Mysterious Mountains]

Hm, I must have misunderstood what you meant. I thought there was no visible way to open the door.

"Yes, we're in no danger of running out of polearms. They're not only well made but well kept, so someone must have put them here or looked after them recently." He looks down the corridor. "We should probably explore those two room first."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

Spoiler: Melody's Island
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Spoiler: Melody's Island
    Show

Magtok shifts uncomfortably and goes silent at the mention of Reinholdt. His distrust and distaste for the cat is no secret, especially with their ugly mutual history.

"I'm, err, fine, Jezebelle. Just a little rattled, is all. This was supposed to just be a friendly visit and stuff."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Melody's Island

Jezebelle smiles kindly at Magtok. "I'm sorry. I wish I could do something to make you feel more comfortable. she looks around, not knowing what else to say or do. Then she looks back to Happy. "Do you like the soup?"

Melody raises an eyebrow. That's the pincushion-thing, right? Never tried it before. You really think it'll work? she looks over to her broken arm. Hopefully that's not your plan for mending this. she says, a little amused.

"It's good. Your soup is always good,"
    Happy says. She looks at Melody. "Be careful with that acupuncher stuff. They make me pass out." Actually that was Happy's player. This was about 15 or so years ago that I had acupuncture. I never felt the needles, but about two minutes after they were put in, I fainted. The assistant caught me - they removed some of the needles, and had me lay down. The doctor says it was because I had very low chi, so that's why redirecting it with the needles had that effect.

I really don't know what I believe about all that, still.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lost Temple]

"Seems like a safer bet, think they'd have sealed it off otherwise. Why make a trap at two places when you can just pick one?" Dena explains as they head for the back entrance. She will have Violet enter first of course, just in case. "Last time I were here the entrances sealed off after we entered. I got something for that this time though." Then they reach the altar! Oh no!

The drow looks unimpressed by the demons speech. "Yeah, it babbled like that last time I were here too. It's a villain thing." She comments while looking around the temple. "I bet you 500 gold the entrances were just sealed just now. So you better live up to your claims or we have to take my escape strategy."
    The demon's speech causes Ithuriel to spring to the alert, drawing her swords and looking around for any sign of the source of the voice. She sigh and relaxes slightly when the voice stops, "A villain thing, yes. They always insist on putting on a show, don't they? Though as far as evil speeches go I have to say I found this one a little lacking. I take it you know how to proceed from here?" She asks, leaving Dena to investigate the altar.

Being an angel, Ithuriel has a number of tricks at her disposal, and she's going to put one of them to use. She has the ability to sense the presence of good or evil around her. Most people simply register as some shade of grey in between, as very few things are purely good or evil, but in a place such as this she imagines there will be an incredibly powerful evil presence, and she should be able to sense where it's coming from. Hence making sure there's no, say, demons sneaking in behind to ambush them.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

The entire complex is literally pulsating with an evil aura, though Ithuriel will be able to sense a few hotspots scattered around undergroud, including a very large and powerful one a good distance away, after which there are no more. Seems like that's where the owner of this place is for sure.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Crater

Alice takes a mental note of all this as she lifts the unconscious man onto her back, takes a moment to ensure he won't fall off, and then slithers off toward the Gardens to try to get him some proper medical aid.

((Basically, he's riding of the snakebutt, if you were wondering, TS.))
    Jakkal's eyes snap open as Alice attempts to lift him, and the halo of fire dissipates in a short flash and a snap. His hips and legs snap up at an angle that frankly shouldn't be possible and he attempts to wrap them around Alice's shoulders and twist, flinging himself upwards with the momentum and hopefully pinning her.

(Recaiden) He lives!

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

Jakkal's eyes snap open as Alice attempts to lift him, and the halo of fire dissipates in a short flash and a snap. His hips and legs snap up at an angle that frankly shouldn't be possible and he attempts to wrap them around Alice's shoulders and twist, flinging himself upwards with the momentum and hopefully pinning her.
    Alice is caught by surprise by this turn of events, and is pinned on the ground! However, she says, her face in the dirt, "Hold on! I'm not trying to hurt you! I saved your life!" However, unfortunately for both of them, really, she also unconsciously triggers a Cause Pain power, likely causing Jakkal excruciating pain. Hopefully, he'll figure out what's going on before he kills Alice.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ogre in the Playground

Crater

[Color="dark olive green"]"Nobahdy heffer safez m-GK!"[/color] Jakkal's snarl is cut short by his brain locking up for a second, his modified nerves shutting the wave of pain away before it can do much more than stun his already dazed head. He scrabbles for a rock, still steaming and burning his hand with a sizzle as he picks it up, and holds it against the back of Alice's neck as if it were a weapon.

[Color="dark olive green"]"Hwaht are hyu?! Dae-monn? Hwitch?"[/color]

(Recaiden) He lives!

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Titan in the Playground

Crater

[Color="dark olive green"]"Nobahdy heffer safez m-GK!"[/color] Jakkal's snarl is cut short by his brain locking up for a second, his modified nerves shutting the wave of pain away before it can do much more than stun his already dazed head. He scrabbles for a rock, still steaming and burning his hand with a sizzle as he picks it up, and holds it against the back of Alice's neck as if it were a weapon.

[Color="dark olive green"]"Hwaht are hyu?! Dae-monn? Hwitch?"[/color]
    Alice says, "Wait! Wait. I'm not a daemon...I'm a psychic. I healed you. Please, I'm not trying to harm you...I'm trying to get you somewhere people can help you."

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Ogre in the Playground

Crater

Jakkal pants, nose wrinkled in a snarl, blistering hot rock cooking his hand over and over as the autosanguinators repair it. Eventually he presses, as if about to kill, then pulls away, stepping off of Alice and tossing the gore spattered stone aside.

[Color="dark olive green"]"Stay out ahff my head."[/color]

(Recaiden) He lives!

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Titan in the Playground

Crater

Jakkal pants, nose wrinkled in a snarl, blistering hot rock cooking his hand over and over as the autosanguinators repair it. Eventually he presses, as if about to kill, then pulls away, stepping off of Alice and tossing the gore spattered stone aside.

[Color="dark olive green"]"Stay out ahff my head."[/color]
    Alice stands and nods, saying, "I can't do that anyways. All I can do is heal you and move small objects around. But I promise, all I want to do is help you. Just let me take you somewhere we can get proper medical help."

25. - Top - End - #1495

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    The demon's speech causes Ithuriel to spring to the alert, drawing her swords and looking around for any sign of the source of the voice. She sigh and relaxes slightly when the voice stops, "A villain thing, yes. They always insist on putting on a show, don't they? Though as far as evil speeches go I have to say I found this one a little lacking. I take it you know how to proceed from here?" She asks, leaving Dena to investigate the altar.

Being an angel, Ithuriel has a number of tricks at her disposal, and she's going to put one of them to use. She has the ability to sense the presence of good or evil around her. Most people simply register as some shade of grey in between, as very few things are purely good or evil, but in a place such as this she imagines there will be an incredibly powerful evil presence, and she should be able to sense where it's coming from. Hence making sure there's no, say, demons sneaking in behind to ambush them.
    The entire complex is literally pulsating with an evil aura, though Ithuriel will be able to sense a few hotspots scattered around undergroud, including a very large and powerful one a good distance away, after which there are no more. Seems like that's where the owner of this place is for sure.
    [Lost Found Temple]

"First step is to find out if the exit was sealed or not, so how about that bet huh?" Dena rubs her thumb and index finger together at the angel. "500 gold, take it or leave it." She offers before walking off towards the entrance. Violet flies after her, making sure no one is attacking them from behind.

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Halfling in the Playground

[Lost and Found Temple]

Ithuriel winces and holds her head with one hand, staggering back and leaning against a wall for a moment.

She...really should've been expecting that. She mentally berates herself for not appropriately bracing herself for such an evil presence, and almost doesn't notice Dena talking to her.

"Oh? What? You're serious about that bet?" The angel chuckles and shakes her head, "You're a mercenary alright. Any opportunity to make a little extra money on the side, eh? There's no way I'm taking a bet like that."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lost Temple]

When Dena touches the door, there's a loud zapping noise, and the door glows red for a moment as it tries to painfully shock Dena, likely paralyzing her arm if it does take effect. The magic mouth begins talking again, saying, "Ooh...Nasty. I was inspired after your little expeditionary soiree when you got stuck to make that a feature, rather than a bug. You can come in, but you can't go out. And don't bother dispelling it. I have the only counterspell, and good luck getting that off of me."

28. - Top - End - #1498

[The Lost Temple]

Dena is in fact not touching the door. She didn't close it so if it's shut then she would have won the bet if Ithuriel had taken it! Damn non-gambling angels. I guess they only play dirty when cyborgs are around. She will have Violet scan it for magic however, the drone being able to detect both magic and traps. "Well, looks like you'd lost anyway but there is never wrong with a bit of gambling at the side. Might make you forget you can die any minute." The drow remarks with a smile as her magical golem scout drone scans the door.

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Ogre in the Playground

Alice stands and nods, saying, "I can't do that anyways. All I can do is heal you and move small objects around. But I promise, all I want to do is help you. Just let me take you somewhere we can get proper medical help."
    Jakkal glares at Alice for a few more long, tense moments, pale skin gleaming in the sun now that the filth has been burnt off and metallic red hair frizzed into an almost comical mess. His stance slowly straightens out and becomes less aggressive, until he's just standing up normally, far from relaxed but no longer looking like an overworked spring.

"Hwaht planet am Hy ahn?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Titan in the Playground

Jakkal glares at Alice for a few more long, tense moments, pale skin gleaming in the sun now that the filth has been burnt off and metallic red hair frizzed into an almost comical mess. His stance slowly straightens out and becomes less aggressive, until he's just standing up normally, far from relaxed but no longer looking like an overworked spring.

"Hwaht planet am Hy ahn?"
    Alice smiles and says, "You're in the Nexus. It could be considered the sink-trap of the multiverse. Basically, if it thinks you're interesting or amusing, or just per random happenstance, it'll pull you here. I think you're stuck here now, though there might be ways to get out. Just...come with me. I can take you to someone who can explain it a lot better than I can."