New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: X-Mafia

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: X-Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Fixed a few things with the end of day post. Minor things but just for the record I did edit it.
    During the subduing of dukegod, there are two more bright flashes of white light.
    The only change I see is adding mention of two more bright flashes of white light. Which makes me think it might be linked to the white flash at the end of Night 1.
    Anyone else notice any other changes?

Also, when it hits Day Phase, if anyone had fluff about a white light in their PMs, maybe share it. (I recommend to wait until Day lest sharing early help the wolves.)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    The only change I see is adding mention of two more bright flashes of white light. Which makes me think it might be linked to the white flash at the end of Night 1.
    Anyone else notice any other changes?

Also, when it hits Day Phase, if anyone had fluff about a white light in their PMs, maybe share it. (I recommend to wait until Day lest sharing early help the wolves.)
    A small voting correction and I put Cyclops in green as a formality.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't forget to take your actions in the next sixish hours.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

During the night you all hear a loud crash and then a scream. When you all manage to make your way out to see what happened you see Valmark slowly shifting from metal to human again. They have been crushed. They were Rogue. As you mourn, some of you notice another quick flash of white out of the corner of your eye and a hint of sulfur in the air.

Spoiler: Rogue
    Show
    You may choose two targets each night. The first target you steal their power, preventing them from acting that night. You then use that power on the second target. You will not know the power unless it gives feedback of some sort.

Night 2 Ends, Day 3 Begins You have 48 hours
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-03-04 at 03:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So... I guess we start from those willing to lynch DukeGod and go from there? Let us see.

Day One: PartyOfRouges (RNG), me (pressure/mild suspicion/to gather information), JeenLeen (defensive)
    Day Two: well...

Spoiler: Day Two Vote Count
    Show

DukeGod 4 (JeenLeen, Snowblaze, JoyWonderLove, rogue_alchemist
    Caerulea 2 (AvatarVecna, Godzillarich)
    PartyOfRouges 1 (kgato503)
    rogue_alchemist 1 (Valmark)
    Didn't post: DukeGod, MacJoe, PartyOfRouges

IMO there was never really that much reasoning behind the bandwagon to begin with. A couple of pressure votes, yes, but I agree with Valmark's suspicions regarding rogue_alchemist. I'd also like JoyWonderLove to explain her vote.

...yeah, there's still not enough to analyse properly. Hopefully someone else has better ideas as to who could be a wolf.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-03-04 at 10:45 AM.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

I got roleblocked last night now. I am new to all this and still trying to figure out how it works. I just jumped on the bandwagon trusting other players know better than I do what is going on. As such, I am waiting to vote to see what discussion comes forth. I am more used to playing this in person and being able to read people as they discuss what they did. This forum anonymity adds another layer to the obfuscation of information. Hopefully I will get the hang of this and start playing better soon.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Fair enough, that makes sense. I'll leave my vote on you until I have a reason to vote for someone else.

I'm guessing Valmark stole your power to use on someone else since the other roleblocker is also dead. Either that or wolves have a roleblocker.

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'll put a vote on JoyWonderLove in hopes of getting more intel on why voting as did. Their vote put DukeGod in the lead for votes, over Caerulea.

Valmark did say he trusted Caerulea. So that makes me inclined to think she's Town. Though if JoyWonderLove is wolf, we should look more closely at Caerulea.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-03-05 at 10:12 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to take a moment to draw attention to our least active players. According to gac3, everybody let him know they were still around and ready to play (except for DukeGod who had to leave and got made the auto-kill Day 1). So where are they? Easy to fly under the radar just using powers and never speaking up...

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    If the forum deems me worthy enough to post, my d12 says DukeGod
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    Still here!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyWonderLove View Post
    Can I choose not to vote this time? If the bad guys are in smaller numbers than the good guys........it benefits us all to relax and take things step by step. Wolves would want us pointing at each other. Town would take things in a relaxed but careful manner.

Unless more experienced players than me please want to say why I'm wrong here (are we just voting because it's more fun to go in swinging)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillarich View Post
    Me as mister Penguins hands will vote for MacJoe, because screw him I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillarich View Post
    My penguin hand say Caerulea. may he burn for the penguin hands
    She stepped, alone
    Hunting mortal gods so curious
    Never at home

Caerulea might be innocent or not. But based on incomplete info, DukeGod might be a wolf.

Are these games always about playing with limited info? I thought our powers would give us a bit more detective power.

For now I'm going to vote PartyOfRogues.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-03-05 at 10:09 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I will vote for PartyOfRogues

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Okay, let's try Godzillarich.
    They've voted every phase but haven't given any reasoning or contributed anything... and now perfectly happy to jump on another inactive and start a wagon? Yeah, suspicious.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-03-05 at 10:17 AM.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Night 2 Ends, Day 3 Begins You have 72 hours
    Everyone who commented publicly (that I noticed at least; might've missed someone) said they'd like 48 hour days. Did someone need 72 hours?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay, seriously. At this point people should really be trying to give reasoning with their votes, and offer insights to the game if they have any. Just voting without explaining why, especially at this point in the game does not help the town in any way, and is fairly wolfish. If you feel you have no new insights, say as much. You can say who you agree with (if you have no rational other than gut instinct for agreeing with someone, that is fine, just say as much). The more information the town has, the better. Sometimes it is the smallest things, or the unexplained gut feeling that ultimately ends up condemning the wolves. Jumping on a bandwagon is (technically) fine, but try and explain why you think killing the person in question is the best option. The reasoning does not have to be complicated, just let us know the thought process.

So, with all that being said, Godzillarich please explain your vote a bit better (and yes, once you do I'll probably move my vote).

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm going to take a moment to draw attention to our least active players. According to gac3, everybody let him know they were still around and ready to play (except for DukeGod who had to leave and got made the auto-kill Day 1). So where are they? Easy to fly under the radar just using powers and never speaking up...
    [/B].
    Also, Avatar Vecna, I'm not sure if this is deliberate or not, but your post is not accurate. DukeGod was not auto-killed, as he was lynched by popular demand on D2. It was Logan1996 who was auto-killed D1 due to not being able to play. Since I have seen wolves try to spread false information in the past, you are now my primary wolf suspect. The only reason I'm not voting for you right now, is that I want to pressure a better answer out of Godzillarich.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone who commented publicly (that I noticed at least; might've missed someone) said they'd like 48 hour days. Did someone need 72 hours?
    My bad. This was just a blank on my end. I fixed it.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    On this note, I'm STILL trying to understand if this was a quote or if you wrote it out of your own... Uh... Imagination? I'm not sure which is the correct expression in english.

...of course I mean the original sentence, I know the one up here is me quoting WonderLove. Specifying 'cause I'm the kind of person that would make a joke like this :p
    Imagination. Not that it helped save you.

I voted for DukeGod last time because I followed him the night Snow got roleblocked. DukeGod actually followed Snow. It wasn't a lot to go on, and I even said as much, and it's clear I was wrong.

Right now, guessing, maybe Godzillarich for the reasons Snow said. A lot of voting with no discussion? I didn't actually follow anyone last night, so I have even less info to offer than before. But it's a whatever right now.

Jeen, my little heart on Redemption, I'm with Town. No idea who's our wolf though (is it you?).

16. - Top - End - #106

I am in this quandary of what to do, because speaking up and proving my 'innocence' also reveals who I am and makes me a target, but keeping quiet makes me suspicious. I know the wolves all know who each other are and who is town, but they don't know who has what power within town and revealing that info can make it so that they target specific townsfolk to make their way easier. I assume everyone else's reasoning is along the same lines and so all we can do is speculate. I believe SnowBlaze that she got role blocked and is town, which means that JoyWonderLove seems to be town too, as their information is at least consistent with the facts and with each other, but I am hesitant to just jump on their bandwagon to vote Godzillarich. However Godzillarich did vote for Caerulea who I still believe is innocent, so maybe all of this combined is good enough reason to vote for them. Sure why not: I vote for Godzillarich

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Righty-o, okey-dokey. I'm making a seer-claim. Scried Godzillarich as town the first night (not revealing role, y'all don't need to know that publicly), and got in contact with Caerulea, letting them know I was a "force multiplier" without going into details. This included a claim to them in private that my D2 vote on them wouldn't count, and sure enough when the votes were counted there was only one vote counting for Caerulea. I asked if that constituted proof of my claims, and received a reply that they'd check. No response since then.

N2 was far more interesting: not only did I get targeted with a white flash to use my power a second time, but one of the uses of my power was forcibly-targeted at Caerulea! What a neat coincidence, huh? Unfortunately I didn't get a result for that scry, who knows why...but I targeted the remaining one on rogue-alchemist, and they came up as Magneto.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Not sure if AV is lying or not, but that's convincing enough for me to put it to the test.
    And I'll add independently that I have reason to think Godzillarich is Town, beyond anything AV has stated.

rogue_alchemist

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yeah, let’s see if AV is telling the truth. rogue_alchemist.

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #110

Alright, well now the votes are tied between me and Godzillarich, though Godzillarich reached the tie first, so I think I would be safe. Since I am being targeted so heavy, and seem in danger of dying anyways, I might as well reveal my role. I am Colossus, a townie, not Magneto. Which means either AvatarVecna is lying or somehow his power was subverted to give wrong information. He said he was a seer, but didn't say specifically who he was. And some of his story sounds fishy to me. I want to switch my vote, but then that puts me in danger of actually getting lynched. So unless this convinces more people to pull their vote off of me or more people vote for Godzillarich, I will have to stick to it just for self-preservation.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I don’t know what to think... one of you is a lying wolf. I’ll leave my vote where it is for now, see if anyone counterclaims or if AV explains more. I’ll definitely be around to change my vote later if I need to.

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I don’t know what to think... one of you is a lying wolf. I’ll leave my vote where it is for now, see if anyone counterclaims or if AV explains more. I’ll definitely be around to change my vote later if I need to.
    I'm not Colossus or Prof. X, so I can't counter-claim either of them, but I'll reiterate that I'm sure Godzillarich is Town. Also, I've been talking with AV in a QuickTopic and, while I know she's incredibly sneaky and generally untrustworthy (no offense meant--almost a compliment, in these games), she seems to be solid Town. I mean, she could be playing me, but I really doubt it.

And, if she's wolf, not sure why she'd protect Godzillarich. (Though with her, could be some extra convoluted scheme.)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Testing the seer claim by testing the person the seer is claiming as town is...well to each their own. I can at least understand why RA is doing it, their ass is on the line.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Testing the seer claim by testing the person the seer is claiming as town is...well to each their own. I can at least understand why RA is doing it, their ass is on the line.
    I’m not doing that: I’m waiting to see if there are any more revelations before I decide whether to switch and if so who to. Also my vote is currently on RA, not Godzillarich.

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

I’m not doing that: I’m waiting to see if there are any more revelations before I decide whether to switch and if so who to. Also my vote is currently on RA, not Godzillarich.
    Ah, my bad. Sorry, getting a bit mixed up.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Question Re: X-Mafia

Jeen, you say you're really sure Godzillarch is innocent. Can you can share anything that would make us switch our vote? Also, if not Godzillarch, who?
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-03-05 at 01:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Just so we know, how much leeway do us Town types have? We're down by two so......

Jeen, you're really sure Godzillarch is innocent. Can you can share anything that would make us switch our vote?

Also, if not Godzillarch, who?
    Well I don't wanna sound like a broken record, but...

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Jeen, you say you're really sure Godzillarch is innocent. Can you can share anything that would make us switch our vote? Also, if not Godzillarch, who?
    I'll share.

Hey, Godzillarich: I would ask your permission first to share this, but you haven't been talkative in our QuickTopic, so, um, anyway, hope no bad feelings.
    Godzillarich is Nightcrawler, and can target someone to appear to them and reveal his Role (via the smell of brimestone). I think he has some secondary power that tags along with doing that, but I'm less sure what that is. Maybe saw who I targeted or something.

But, anyway, he targeted me N1, so since N1 ended I've known he is Town. ...well, technically, I just know he is Nightcrawler, but I've never seen any rendition of Nightcrawler that wasn't a member of the X-Men, so I'm about 100% sure he's Nightcrawler and 95% sure he's Town.

So, for that reason, I suggest not voting for Godzillarich. AV's statement is additional weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoyWonderLove
    Just so we know, how much leeway do us Town types have? We're down by two so......

Jeen, you're really sure Godzillarch is innocent. Can you can share anything that would make us switch our vote?

Also, if not Godzillarch, who?
    JoyWonderLove, it's generally considered poor decorum to edit posts in the Mafia games, beyond strike-throughs of votes or maybe fixing a small typo. I think the reasoning is that, by editing, one could edit away incriminating stuff or spread confusion when folk 'misquote' you.

I realize this wasn't stated in the rules for this game, so maybe it's not the case for this game, and your post does look innocent. (That is, I'm not saying this to accuse you of wolfish behavior.) Just wanted to state it for the record, lest it be taken as wolfish activity.

But to reiterate a question that was edited away: how much leeway do we likely have left? I know we don't know the number of wolves, but I reckon it's between two to four given the size of the game and the fact that the Town hasn't lost. Could someone do the math on how many more mislynches we can afford assuming 2, 3, and 4 wolves?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

About 9 hours left. The question about what happens to inactive players has been raised to me in QTs. If it becomes relevant and they don't formally withdraw, I am leaning towards leaving them in since I did not include any formal rules about it. That said if the only thing preventing a victory is a player who has been inactive for an extended period, then the game will probably end. So an inactive wolf being the last wolf standing is a win for town. An inactive town being the only thing keeping numbers even will be a win for the wolves already. Even in the event of a formal withdraw from the game, there will be no more of what occured on day 1. They would just be additionally killed. Day one I will try to justify to anyone who wants it after the games end. Since a couple people have raised these questions in QTs I put the answer here. I hope this helps.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

But to reiterate a question that was edited away: how much leeway do we likely have left? I know we don't know the number of wolves, but I reckon it's between two to four given the size of the game and the fact that the Town hasn't lost. Could someone do the math on how many more mislynches we can afford assuming 2, 3, and 4 wolves?
    Can do!

So there are ten players left alive. Assuming the wolves kill successfully every night... actually, do wolves win when numbers are equal or when they have more than town?

Four wolves means either one or two mislynches depending on that, three wolves means two or three, two wolves means three or four.

So we’d better hope AV is trustworthy. And that someone is around to switch votes before end of day.

Extended Signature