New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp #36: May Contain Bites!

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Ah! Is it exhausting?
    Yeah, been cleaning up the house in preparation for moving later this month. Pretty exhausted.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Yeah, been cleaning up the house in preparation for moving later this month. Pretty exhausted.
    Well, have some cookies and tea! Are you moving into the house or out of the house?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, have some cookies and tea! Are you moving into the house or out of the house?
    Moving out. *noms happily*
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Moving out. *noms happily*
    Ah! Did you find a cheaper place, or is it something else?

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah! Did you find a cheaper place, or is it something else?
    Mom got work over there, and there's just no opportunity where I live, so we're moving in with one of my mom's friends.
    ^~Cody T.~^

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Mom got work over there, and there's just no opportunity where I live, so we're moving in with one of my mom's friends.
    Ah. Well, I hope you find a job swiftly!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

What do you mean?
    Every comic I read LGBT show up at some point.

Even when i don't expect it.

not that i'm complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
    Shall I suggest Questionable Content? Lesbians, Bis, and a transwoman. :3
    It is indeed enjoyable, but there are many comics. If one reads this, prepare to use hours and hours of one's time.

I know that comic. I've read it (or a good chunk of it). Not a bad read.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2013-06-06 at 10:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

8. - Top - End - #278
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post

Isn't that the exact opposite of a 0% chance?
    Jude P.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow i go away for like 3hours to a councelling app and 2 pages appear! and huggies to all that require or want one!
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

I'm rather confused, now. Didn't you say:
    How is it that if i read a webcomic for enough pages, the chances of a character turning out LGBT approach 0? Is that an internet law?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

...by "approach 0" I meant "reach a point of certainty"

been there. Kinda there right now actually. having to pack my books
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2013-06-06 at 10:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Well, hello everybody! Meet the brand new, out-to-my-parents me! I mustered up courage, and I told them I'm gay, and they're fine with it! Except it led to some rather uncomfortable questions. But, anyway, it's good! And very random.

Parents: "Time to go to bed."
    Me:"Ok. Good night, and oh! I'm gay. Good night!"
    'Pride' Pony by Elemental

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I see.
    been there. Kinda there right now actually. having to pack my books
    Oh! Moving away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akowrules View Post
    Well, hello everybody! Meet the brand new, out-to-my-parents me! I mustered up courage, and I told them I'm gay, and they're fine with it! Except it led to some rather uncomfortable questions. But, anyway, it's good! And very random.

Well, that's an excellently amusing way to out oneself. I'm glad they took it well!

(Did you have to stay awake to explain?)
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-06-06 at 10:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I see.
    Cool. I was just reading a new comic and got a ways in and then "Wait..."

then i looked back and noticed that happened to me a lot. Even in OOTS, counting the books.

Oh! Moving away?
    School is finished as soon as my committee accepts my masters thesis. I have to move as a result.

Congrats! GOODLUCK!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

It would be "approaches 1", then.
    Sorry, probabilities are something I'm both good at and picky with...

Interesting way to come out, but I'm glad they took it well.
    LGBTA+itP

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Cool. I was just reading a new comic and got a ways in and then "Wait..."

then i looked back and noticed that happened to me a lot. Even in OOTS, counting the books.
    Oh, that sounds interesting, especially since I don't have any of the books.
    School is finished as soon as my committee accepts my masters thesis. I have to move as a result.
    Ah! Congratulations, Comrade!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm similarly paranoid, so: probably. This is just my presumption, though.
    Spoiled part of this for length:

Spoiler
    Show
    In fairness (and I'm offering this as a possible explanation, NOT a justification), could some of this be generational? Studies show that the older a person is, the less comfortable they are (in general) with the internet and social media or forums. It's easy to forget that the World Wide Web (what we really mean when we refer to the modern internet) has only been around about 21-22 years, and became the true major phenomena it has this century (2000 on). Those who would be in their early 20s would be the first generation to grow up where the web was always part of their life.

It's changed so much about how we interact with each other and the world around us. It's possible to be more connected with people and (ironically) more isolated at the same time. It's changed how we access news and (some might argue) what we call news. It's even changed in some ways the definition of friend.

It's certainly caught me off-guard, and I grew up in a home with parents who got into the computer field in the 70s (right when it was taking off) so was quite comfortable with computers. But the internet can be a scary place at times. It amazes (and yes, sometimes shocks) me at the amount of information people freely post about themselves. And at the same time many of my younger friends are shocked that I do as little sharing as I do.

As for trusting people on the web, and manipulation… we've all heard the stories about how people manipulated others on the internet into giving money, pretended to be someone they weren't so they could meet up and do horrible things, or (worst of all) tormented someone into harming or killing themselves. Some of the stories are exaggerated, some false, and others all too sadly true.

As our parents grew up, they made their mistakes. They attempt to pass their hard-won wisdom onto us so we don't make the same ones (or at least know what to do if we do make them). And we smile, nod, and secretly think they are crazy, but when we eventually make the exact same mistake, we refer back to what they told us.

The internet opens up a whole new playing field of mistakes. Many parents can't teach their children what to do or not to do because they don't know it themselves. And it's not an uncommon reaction to assume the worst and get over-protective when you don't know what to do.

Again, let me clear. I'm not justifying her behavior. But if (and I stress IF) this is the reason (or a big part of the reason) for her behavior, it gives you a basis for understanding it, which then gives you a starting point for determining the best way of addressing it.

As for the other stuff… that's rough. I've had all those things happen at various times, but all at once would be tough to deal with. Hang in there.

One Bananas Foster headed your way.

Shall I suggest Questionable Content? Lesbians, Bis, and a transwoman. :3

I'm shipping Martin and Claire!
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

18. - Top - End - #288
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I know I'm a little late, but I really want to agree with this. There have been times where I've been feeling really down, and coming here and having everyone be friendly and flirty has made me feel much better.
    It might not look like it in your side of things, but on mine, there's always been an exception for Lix Lorn. I've seen arguments about who was more chaste and this superior break into flirting when you showed up. You're a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Once again I am defeated by my arch nemesis, geography!
    I know, right? Stupid geography!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    A potential romance was foiled by the cruel winds of... large distances? Don't know where I was going with this...
    Rolling mountains: less majestic as a romantic foil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Regarding the earlier discussion about the thread's atmosphere, I think the whole "unconditional support and friendship" thing is the primary reason why I don't post in this thread too often, because it is both something I am incapable of providing, and something that is very often more frustrating than helpful to my own attempts at self-discovery. If I want support, I can get that from any of my friends, and I want to come to this thread to learn and be educated, in the hopes that it will help me figure out what is wrong with me.

And... I don't find it here. Instead I get told that people should love me no matter what I am, when I can't even love myself without figuring it out. I sort of feel like I'm stuck in a closet (to use a familiar term), but I don't know where the closet is, what it is made out of, how to get out and what to do once I'm out. Or whether I should get out or not, because there might be sharks outside.
    That's really more of a Playground thing. There is only so much we can so within the forum rules. I, too, have had problems with the atmosphere being not discriminating enough, but there's only so much one can hope for.

Why do you think there is something wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    I can't find now the post where someone recommended neck massage with a tennis ball, but thank you for the idea. The pain's spread down to the back of my shoulder as of last night; I'm going to change pillows and see if that helps.
    Sounds like your trapezius then. Best I can offer is heat and resting in a neutral position, like you said. Anything else requires an off-forum consult and for me to re-up my certification.

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Succubus hits it right on the head. There's nothing wrong with being unsure, or unclear on how strong your preferences are. What you need to avoid are preconceived expectations. I've been around for a while, and there's no one size fits all answer when it comes to self-identity. Two people could go through the exact same experiences, come out with completely opposite answers, and those answers would be right for each of them.

Speaking of which, given that I'm offering advice I should probably introduce myself. I'm the "Tom" part of tomandtish. I'm a 44yo male who (after experimentation in high school) identifies as straight - so far. I'm 18 years married, and hope that an opinion from the old man side of things may be helpful to some.

Howdy all.

Hi, Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    I'm getting a "Forbidden" error message when I click that link.

Any other way to see that text? Anybody else have that problem? I'm in Ireland.
    Sure.

Spoiler
    Show
    THE LGBT NICHE: HOW MARKETERS TARGET THEM
    Posted by Laura Beeston on: May 31, 2013 - 10:32 0 Comments
    Commercials are queerer than ever.

As gay marriage reaches a tipping point of mass acceptance south of the border, it seems like more advertisers and retailers than ever are promoting LGBT visibility in their communications and corporate strategy.

“Things have changed beyond all recognition in the last 20 years,” says Ian Johnson, founder and CEO of the international marketing firm Out Now, adding that the breakthrough of LGBT people into mainstream advertising is evidence of this.

“Even a few years ago, the thinking was that any association with gays or lesbians was nothing short of brand suicide, so why risk it? Today, brands are increasingly realizing that if they appear to be on the wrong side of the case for equality, they'll now look like (and go the way of the) dinosaurs.”

Johnson suggested many brands embrace cultural and sexual diversity to show consumers they understand society is a better and more interesting place because of it. And, luckily, the commercials are also getting better as a result.

ADVERTISING EVOLUTION
    Once relegated to vague and ambiguous innuendo, advertising featuring LGBT actors has exploded, expanding its reach beyond niche magazines to multiple platforms and “gaying-up” big name brands like Absolut Vodka, Amazon, and Microsoft.

Today, modern retailers aren't afraid to show their pride; quite the opposite: they’re coming right out. Commercials such as the most recent one from Kindle are great examples of the new gay blatancy.

But advertisers have had to get smarter and more inclusive in how they relate their message to LGBT audiences, says Mark Elderkin, CEO of the Gay Ad Network, a company currently working with the Museum of Vancouver.

“We have such diversity within the market. The stereotypes just aren’t accurate anymore,” he says. “It’s not just one type of user; it’s not single white men with high household income. The gay community is much broader and our research shows that.”

Advertisers today have also had to keep moving away from rainbows and stock images of young, fit, party-going males with their tops off,” agreed Johnson, who believes the marriage equality debate has especially challenged LGBT stereotyping about being capable (or interested in) long-term relationships and becoming parents.

“The extent to which younger LGBT people wish to marry and become parents in the future—which increases dramatically with the LGBT population that is aged 35 and under—will have huge implications for a number of industries,” he predicted.

INCLUSIVITY AT WORK
    North of the border, the grown-up gay image has played itself out most markedly in the banks, specifically TD Canada Trust, who became an industry leader in corporate diversity initiatives.

Targeting their ads to LGBT media in 2007 before hitting the mainstream Canadian circuit in 2009, TD aims to position itself as the LGBT “bank of choice.” Their concerted efforts got people talking and their media strategy set them apart, even garnering recognition from Egale Canada.

“As a big bank, we have a responsibility to our communities. It’s how we make the bank human,” explained Hilary Woods, TD’s Senior Manager of Marketing and Planning. “Diversity and inclusion at TD is more than advertising; it’s what defines our success.”

Woods added that TD has supported LGBT community initiatives since 2003, began sponsoring Toronto Pride in 2005, and has since partnered with 18 festivals across North America.

“Through [this] leadership, we’ve demonstrated we’re in it for the long run,” she said, stressing that the benefit TD sees in marketing to the LGBT consumers goes beyond an attempt to tap into the so-called “pink dollar” purchasing power of the community.

But certainly money is something that marketers must consider, as the International Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and other studies suggest gay buying power in Canada is hovering around $100 billion.

MARKETING IS MORE THAN JUST WORDS AND PICTURES
    To access this wealth, however, takes credibility, say the marketing pros.

“We see study after study that shows that gay people are brand loyal [...] and are, in general, supportive of the brands that support them,” explained Elderkin, adding that as the social tide continues to turn towards diversity and acceptance, an even bigger market and opportunity is emerging.

“[Targeting advertising] can generate more brand affinity within the gay community, certainly, but you’re also attracting more progressive, socially conscious allies of the gay community,” he said. “It’s the best of both worlds.”

So when businesses choose to sell their commitment to diversity, they are no longer simply marketing to the estimated 5 per cent of LGBT Canadians out there, but to the 34 million of us.

By marketing to the gays, brands are “making a valuable and profitable statement of intent to [those] who support their friends, family members, and colleagues...The leverage of LGBT marketing has become far greater than it was when we started,” agrees Johnson. “Smart brands understand that the personal is political and that marketing actions speak to brand values.

“It was once enough for brands to just turn up and expect the LGBT market to react favourably to their overtures. Those days are far behind us.”

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    That's really more of a Playground thing. There is only so much we can so within the forum rules. I, too, have had problems with the atmosphere being not discriminating enough, but there's only so much one can hope for.
    Hm. What do you mean? A discriminating atmosphere makes the environment more unfriendly, no?
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-06-06 at 11:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm shipping Martin and Claire!
    Since the comic is full of hipsters, I shipped them before shipping them was cool. :3

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    In fairness (and I'm offering this as a possible explanation, NOT a justification), could some of this be generational? Studies show that the older a person is, the less comfortable they are (in general) with the internet and social media or forums. It's easy to forget that the World Wide Web (what we really mean when we refer to the modern internet) has only been around about 21-22 years, and became the true major phenomena it has this century (2000 on). Those who would be in their early 20s would be the first generation to grow up where the web was always part of their life.

It's changed so much about how we interact with each other and the world around us. It's possible to be more connected with people and (ironically) more isolated at the same time. It's changed how we access news and (some might argue) what we call news. It's even changed in some ways the definition of friend.

It's certainly caught me off-guard, and I grew up in a home with parents who got into the computer field in the 70s (right when it was taking off) so was quite comfortable with computers. But the internet can be a scary place at times. It amazes (and yes, sometimes shocks) me at the amount of information people freely post about themselves. And at the same time many of my younger friends are shocked that I do as little sharing as I do.

As for trusting people on the web, and manipulation… we've all heard the stories about how people manipulated others on the internet into giving money, pretended to be someone they weren't so they could meet up and do horrible things, or (worst of all) tormented someone into harming or killing themselves. Some of the stories are exaggerated, some false, and others all too sadly true.

As our parents grew up, they made their mistakes. They attempt to pass their hard-won wisdom onto us so we don't make the same ones (or at least know what to do if we do make them). And we smile, nod, and secretly think they are crazy, but when we eventually make the exact same mistake, we refer back to what they told us.

The internet opens up a whole new playing field of mistakes. Many parents can't teach their children what to do or not to do because they don't know it themselves. And it's not an uncommon reaction to assume the worst and get over-protective when you don't know what to do.

Again, let me clear. I'm not justifying her behavior. But if (and I stress IF) this is the reason (or a big part of the reason) for her behavior, it gives you a basis for understanding it, which then gives you a starting point for determining the best way of addressing it.

As for the other stuff… that's rough. I've had all those things happen at various times, but all at once would be tough to deal with. Hang in there.
    Keeping it spoilered because it's pretty tangental to the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps that's it, yeah. My brother, at least, doesn't seem to have nearly as big a problem with the idea of online friends. And honestly, I would listen if she had something to say other than "they could be cons", because anybody could be one. Nobody's asked for money that I know, yet, though at least twice people have offered to donate to somebody when it was important. I'd understand the concern about meeting up with people, but that's just something you'd have to judge based on how well you know and trust the person and what exactly their offer is, because yes that can be risky. But I'm not going to say "Nope, not meeting you ever because I met you first online." And the third is being a bully, a troll, a flame... there are plenty of names for those who insult others, and it's something I've found offline more than on (with the exception of comments. Avoid those.) But thank you for spending the time to think through possible reasons, I've tried but maybe I'm a wee bit too close to the conflict.
    LGBTA+itP

22. - Top - End - #292
    Banned

I was able to sent her the text.

...and I think this is the first time I ever ninja'd anybody!
    Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinPuffin View Post
    So I thought long, and I thought hard, and I read, and I researched, and I Thought some more... and I finally came to a conclusion about my trans*-ness/gender-binary:

It doesn't matter.

After a long headache inducing pro and con match-up, reading what posters have posted (Thank you so much btw) and general worring, I needed a break from the hard thinking, and I thought "Do I feel trapped/do I need to change?"

Answer? No.

Although I do feel uncomfortable acting feminine without a body to match, long for the clothes of a woman, and a third reason. I realised that I'm perfectly fine how I am, and changing things will make things alot worse before they get better (If they do).

I don't like thinking of having to end my relationship with my girlfriend (although she may still love my if I do transition*, she already has some issues about the lack of sexual intimacy** we have already). I'm in high school, so it would be a while before i can do anything anyway, and I really don't need to be thinking about this right now.

I have come to the conclusion that I am a girl*** in an slightly itchy suit of a man, and not trapped, but more... "It could be better, but honestly, its still pretty bitchin' "

*We had a conversation about something like this, that she would love me even If i was gay, and that we could still be together as long as we still were attracted+loved each other.
    **I don't like sexual activities very much, casued some problems...
    *** Not a women, but a girl, a young energetic girl.

*MuffinPuffin attempts to be more involved in the thread!*
    Oh noes, what happend!
    Cool.

Myself, I could be okay as I am. I would be better afterwards though.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I am a four-hundred-foot-tall purple platypus-bear with pink horns and silver wings.
    And inside of this mechabeast is the two meter, no-longer-long-haired Caucasian we all know.

Subconscious used Nightmare! It's super effective!

TW: Dysphoria
    Spoiler
    Show
    Had a nightmare last night. In the nightmare, the moon was absolutely huge in the night sky. Talking way too large to be natural phenomena. The 'man in the moon' was looking right at me, and cursed me. Not a '**** you' curse, but a muffled dead language of whispers type curse. I heard six distinctly different voices all whispering out of sync with each other, "You are a man and will always be a man."

I woke up, and couldn't stop crying... I curled up tight as I could, hiding from the damned moonlight that was coming into my room from the slits between my blinds.
    Jesus.

*points at*
    And you see, this is why I generally don't complain. People have it worse.
    *hugs tightly*
    None of that unless you're Buddha.

But thank you three for that. Denver is a good 14 hours away, so no visiting Zoe (that person I mentioned). I will be staying in touch, though. I'm not discouraged by the line thing. It happens. And I, personally, don't have a problem with trusting people I haven't met. I have a problem with how my mother chooses to not only have a problem with it, but brings this up repeatably.
    To be fair hon, you're young. They aren't. In their day, this was an actual factual problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Crixon View Post
    Wow i go away for like 3hours to a councelling app and 2 pages appear! and huggies to all that require or want one!
    Oh, okay. I though maybe I had slept too long XD.

Think he meant approaches 1.

I understood what you meant, TurkishProverb. It wasn't until someone else pointed it out I saw the numbers were reversed. Context for the win, yeah?

Spoiler
    Show

One Bananas Foster headed your way.
    !
    Yeah.

Hm. What do you mean? A discriminating atmosphere makes the environment more unfriendly, no?
    Friendly is not always a good criterion for things. Tough love exists because sometimes you don't need or want concessions. Respect is always good. Respect is not always nice.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Friendly is not always a good criterion for things. Tough love exists because sometimes you don't need or want concessions. Respect is always good. Respect is not always nice.
    Perhaps, but I still don't see the advantage of discriminating someone. Could you explain?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Banned

Perhaps, but I still don't see the advantage of discriminating someone. Could you explain?
    If you have two job applicants, one who has a record of stealing from his workplace, not showing up, and causing problems, and another who is a perfect employee, you must discriminate between them.

Discrimination means parsing according to strict standards. If you need help, and everyone just says "don't get better, love who you are!" That is actually bad. It is counter to your goal, and frustrating to boot.

Discrimination is not bad, but it is often misused.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Discrimination is not bad, but it is often misused.
    It seems that I am guilty of this, then. Thank you.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

How goes the thread this evening?

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrida View Post
    Fairly well. I gained a greater understanding of discrimination.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Fairly well. I gained a greater understanding of discrimination.
    Sounds good. Learning is always nice. Though even though the definition provided above for discrimination is technically correct, there is certainly a negative connotation that goes along with it.

I find the word "critical" to be better when describing the purposeful partitioning of things.

Being critical leads to "discrimination," but it's implied without using a word people see as negative.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitp #36: May Contain Bites!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Mrrr.

I just had a bit of a realization about myself... sadly it involved me hurting people I care about and hurting myself as well I guess.

I need to take my anxiety issues more serious. I've noticed that I tend to use them to hurt myself. Like, thinking stuff like that I'm not trans enough because if I was I'd get over my anxiety and things like that. And that just creates a whole bunch of negative feedback loops that just end up hurting myself a lot... and through that hurting people I care about. It's, for very very long I've seen my anxiety as weakness that I just need to get over with, but I think I need to approach it in a better fashion so that I can actually make progress about social transitioning as well, which will also help with my anxiety but it's partially caused by that I think.
    *Offers hugs*

Anxiety is a very difficult thing to deal with, and I don't think you can be blamed for having done as you did. A lot of the time, anxiety is seen as a weakness and the person blamed for having it, which just makes it that much harder to actual address it. Realising that you can see it another way and work on it is a thing for you to be happy about, not to lament that it did not happen earlier. You're an amazing person, and you will continue to be so.

I hope that was a bit helpful, sorry if I make no sense or make things worse. ;_;

Bit About My Life, Which Is Only Vaugely Related To LGBTQ Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Argument over me trusting people online. I trust all of you. You have no reason to lie here, and if you did, I don't care. I will accept your story at face value because that's what you want me to believe. My mother, especially, is worried about something involving me trusting people I haven't seen the face of, to judge if they're lying or not. Which makes it anger me, since I then don't want them to know about me and Karen/Sophia, since that's online only. And I don't really want to bring up the poly bit. Add that on top of having been fired from a temp job doing assembly line work for not keeping up with the line, losing a scholarship due to grades, one of the people who I value most that actually within 15 minutes driving distance is off to Denver for the summer, and some random other stuff going on, and you have the various downsides of life right now.
    *Offers hugs as well*

That sounds like a rather terrible series of events, but I hope work and school works out in the end. >_<

Pressing someone about not trusting people that they know because it is online sounds a bit mean to me, even if it is meant well. Being able to see people and meet them in physical person doesn't necessarily grant any more ability to discern whether they are trustworthy or not. Trusting people happens because they show you that they can be trusted, not because you can scrutinise their facial expression for signs of them being a bad liar! >_<

Though, that may just be me ranting because I am not a secret empath bent on stealing superpowers. Sorries. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I am a four-hundred-foot-tall purple platypus-bear with pink horns and silver wings.
    I just imagined that for the first time, so adorable. *_*

*short-circuits from adorable overload*

Spoiler
    Show
    Had a nightmare last night. In the nightmare, the moon was absolutely huge in the night sky. Talking way too large to be natural phenomena. The 'man in the moon' was looking right at me, and cursed me. Not a '**** you' curse, but a muffled dead language of whispers type curse. I heard six distinctly different voices all whispering out of sync with each other, "You are a man and will always be a man."

I woke up, and couldn't stop crying... I curled up tight as I could, hiding from the damned moonlight that was coming into my room from the slits between my blinds.
    ;_;

*Offers all the hugs*

That sounds like a very terrible dream, particularly in how it goes directly for that. Are you all right now? Will more hugs help? ._.

*Offers even more hugs than all of them*

If it helps, I think that your reaction to the dream indicates that it is wrong. If you were a man, you would most likely not have a negative reaction to being told so, but you did. It was denying you who you are, and that hurts much more than any spooky voices cursing can. So, take that, dream-moon? ^_^'

*points at*
    And you see, this is why I generally don't complain. People have it worse.
    [Mild Trigger Warning for injuries]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Someone having two broken legs does not mean that your one broken leg or a bleeding wound do not need to be addressed. If someone have it worse, they may need more help, but you still have it bad and still will get help. It is not a competition where the prize goes to only the one who has it worst.

Ahem, sorries. ^_^'

How is it that if i read a webcomic for enough pages, the chances of a character turning out LGBT approach 0? Is that an internet law?
    Speculation about T. Proverb's Law of Webcomic Length and LGBT Chances:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it is a mixture of statistics and the fact that the internet is both a more sandbox-open (ie. you can't enforce RL customs on the entire internet, as anyone can make a site about anything and with any rules) and generally is populated by the younger generations.

Many webcomics have fairly large casts, which would make it quite improbable that nobody in it would ever be non-cis and/or non-straight. Many webcomics, being written by younger people and people who already embrace at least the technological development in society, also have less problems with LGBTAQ+ people and themes than more mainstream media do. This would mean that not only would it seem natural for there to eventually be some variation, but the creators would be more aware of social issues and movements' efforts to make media more varied.

Or, in other words; I think too much about this stuff. Sorries! ^_^'

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrida View Post
    Pretty well, I think. Some terrible nightmares and experiences were had off the site by some, which is terrible, but hopefully everybody feels a bit better now. ^_^

It is half-past nine in the morning here, though, so your evening comment is clearly in error. All glory to the Kobold Clock!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Bit About My Life, Which Is Only Vaugely Related To LGBTQ Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Argument over me trusting people online. I trust all of you. You have no reason to lie here, and if you did, I don't care. I will accept your story at face value because that's what you want me to believe. My mother, especially, is worried about something involving me trusting people I haven't seen the face of, to judge if they're lying or not. Which makes it anger me, since I then don't want them to know about me and Karen/Sophia, since that's online only. And I don't really want to bring up the poly bit. Add that on top of having been fired from a temp job doing assembly line work for not keeping up with the line, losing a scholarship due to grades, one of the people who I value most that actually within 15 minutes driving distance is off to Denver for the summer, and some random other stuff going on, and you have the various downsides of life right now.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    *hugs Karen and Eldest* ><; oi

Speaking of nightmares:

Spoiler
    Show
    Lately I've had recurring ones where I physically fight my dad, or am verbally arguing with my mom. I haven't had a nasty argument with my mom in years, and I've NEVER had a fist fight with my dad <x.x> Weird stuff and quite unsettling.

I was told it might be due to sleep apnea though, and I could believe that. Dreams is freakin' weird < . .>
    Those are some horrible nightmares. Fortunately, I am a warm hugs generator.

*BIG warm hugs*

Thanks for the hugs. Said it on Skype, Eldest, and will say it here for others:

Saying you shouldn't feel bad because others have it worse is like saying you shouldn't feel good because others have it better.
    Rarely do I hear truer words...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!