New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Olympian Barcade and Restaurant

[Event Time]

One particular kid is neither laughing nor crying. Mostly because she habitually doesn't say much. It is incredibly hard to get her here in the first place. Even now she sits in the solace of the furthest corner of the arcade where it is the least bright. Her shadowy, amorphic figure resembles a small child of the age of nine, but theoretically anything could be hiding under the black cloak that obscures her.

Still, a pair of circles more akin to coalesced void than eyes stares curiously at the pinball machine she is settled next to. She has never before seen such an unusual device and cannot place its purpose.

Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-07-16 at 08:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Event Time]

One particular kid is neither laughing nor crying. Mostly because she habitually doesn't say much. It is incredibly hard to get her here in the first place. Even now she sits in the solace of the furthest corner of the arcade where it is the least bright. Her shadowy, amorphic figure resembles a small child of the age of nine, but theoretically anything could be hiding under the black cloak that obscures her.

Still, a pair of circles more akin to coalesced void than eyes stares curiously at the pinball machine she is settled next to. She has never before seen such an unusual device and cannot place its purpose.

Reginald is sniffing around in the area, curious to see if anyone dropped any snacks in the vicinity.

Felandria arrives and scoops him up, providing him with a piece of meat from the spit which he noms cheerily,

Fel spots the cloaked child looking at the pinball machine.

You can go ahead and play, sweetie, it’s all free today.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

The dark and sullen shadow girl makes no moves towards the pinball machine. She's certainly heard the term free to play, but she's greatly concerned about it being pay to win.

Or, much more likely, she doesn't know how. Or perhaps can't fathom why? What exactly is... Play anyways?

Really, her attention is drawn mostly to Reginald, her black emotionless eyes staring at him curiously. Hungrily. He didn't look that different from the rodents she regularly consumed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The dark and sullen shadow girl makes no moves towards the pinball machine. She's certainly heard the term free to play, but she's greatly concerned about it being pay to win.

Or, much more likely, she doesn't know how. Or perhaps can't fathom why? What exactly is... Play anyways?

Really, her attention is drawn mostly to Reginald, her black emotionless eyes staring at him curiously. Hungrily. He didn't look that different from the rodents she regularly consumed.
    Reginald picks up a vibe from the cloaked girl and crawls into Felandria’s hair.

Fel crouches down to talk to her.

How can I help you, dear?

Would you like me to show you how it works?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

[Returned Memories]

Zara Ben Haim is in The Olympian! She's a tall and skinny Jewish 16-year old girl with piercing green eyes, shoulder-length wavy hair, and olive skin; wearing a long-sleeved black top, a pink skirt that reaches up to her ankles, beads around her left wrist and simple black shoes. She has on her face a perpetual smile.

She wandered into the establishment after hearing of the event going on, hoping to clear her mind. However, her thoughts kept returning to her returned memories, so she decided to retreat to the balcony and have a smoke. She saw some being sold on the street as she wandered around, and decided to buy one.

So, here she stands at the balcony, leaning against the railing with a mug of hot chocolate in her hand, lost in thought, the pack of smokes in her inventory untouched.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

Someone, or something, else is on the balcony, a huge creature with leathery green skin, monstrous, animalistic features, and four arms, the top pair of which end in serrated bone blades, towering over even the tallest humans by a significant amount. He, for a he he is, is clad in jeans and a shirt designed to show off his impressive musculature, and is loosely holding a mug of something that smells strongly of cleaning alcohol in one huge hand and a match, unlit, in the other. When Zara enters the balcony, he glances over at her, then resumes his loitering, leaning casually against the wall.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

Zara soon realizes that she's not alone, and turns to glance at the other person on the balcony. Seeing a demon, she eyes him for a few seconds before returning back to staring into the distance. "Shalom. How's it going." She smiles at him, but it's not genuine, almost like a reflex action.
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"Peace is overrated." The creature says, his voice rough and gravelly. "Give me a good fight any day." He strikes his match on his rough skin and holds it over his drink.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

Of course, a combat demon would think so. He seems to be the type that relishes being in combat. "Hmph." The smile turns genuine as she makes the sound. "Truth be told, I agree with you. Always did." Before recalling her memories of being trained from birth to be an assassin, the fact that she was a carefree girl who loved drawing taking care of kids did nothing to curb the absolute joy she felt during combat training.

But even back then, she'd always been sort of a mentor to the younger operatives.

"Tell me, sir. Have you ever killed anyone... of course you have. How did it feel?" She asks, licking her lips.
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

The creature raises an eyebrow at Zara. "You looking to kill someone, kid?" He drops the lit match into his glass, and in the instant the alcohol starts to burn, he slams the entire drink in one gulp. "I don't feel alive unless it's do or die, and someone's life is going to end. The scent and taste of blood, the feel of bones breaking in my hands, the rush of adrenaline, those are the truest sensations, the most pure. And in that instant, when I live, and my foe dies? Everything is crystal clear, and I feel stronger than ever. It's the last kill that's always the worst. I get frustrated when there can't be another."

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

Zara listens to his every word in silence, occasionally sipping out of her mug of hot chocolate. By the time he's done talking, she has a wide smile on her face, all of it genuine. There's a rather bloodthirsty glint in her eye, and it's obvious she enjoyed his words and the picture he painted with them. "What if I told you I've already killed before? Lots of people, in fact, and all of them with powers? Trained from childhood to be an assassin, with a large helping of genetic engineering, mental conditioning and pharmacological drug regimens?"

She turns to look straight at him. "What if I told you that I have felt what you have, but in a different form? The joy... no, the pleasure of a job well done, knowing that someone is dead by your hand, and as far as anyone is concerned, they met their end due to an unfortunate 'accident'? The joy when you see the life go out from their eyes as they bleed out from your knife in their neck?" She shouldn't feel this way. The past 6 years have taught her things like 'killing is wrong' (unless you're adventuring), and now she learns it's the thing she's best at... the thing she enjoys the most. "What if I told you that for the past six years, I didn't remember any of these things I'm telling you? A blissfuly ignorant life of a carefree girl wanting to take care of children... a girl who, if I'm honest, wanted to become an adventurer so she could kill things and not have others complain too much?" Turning back to face the horizon, she finishes. "Amnesia is a bitch."
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"I'd tell you that you should stop killing for other people, and start killing for yourself. If we're being honest, adventuring is a great way to get that rush, without police visits, against stronger foes, and making money while you're at it. 'Course I was never a contract killer. Even when I worked for other people, I was hired muscle, at best. But I was the best hired muscles. Terminate with extreme prejudice, leave no witnesses, burn the evidence. And I made a lot of money doing it. But honestly, doing someone else's killing, it's restrictive. It's more freeing to pick and choose targets yourself."

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

That sounds like something Dr. Svetlana would say. "I thought you'd say that. I haven't killed in six years... it is more precise to say I haven't killed a sapient being in six years." So this is why she enjoyed hunting for pests so much. "I have no desire to kill for no reason, and 'because I was paid to' is reason enough." She sips out of her mug of hot chocolate, and looks at the demon for a little while. "I was made for contract killing, for stealth. Surely, I can do that while picking targets myself while adventuring, can't I?"
    Love is the message.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

"Sure you can. Not all adventurers use the kick in the door style." From the sound of it, he prefers that style though. "Sometimes, there's a need for sneaky stuff." Which he is nearly incapable of. Being 12ft tall and built like a tank will do that.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Reginald picks up a vibe from the cloaked girl and crawls into Felandria’s hair.

Fel crouches down to talk to her.

How can I help you, dear?

Would you like me to show you how it works?
    The small shadow girl almost seems disappointed as Reginald hides. Almost. Maybe? It's super hard to discern any emotion from her at all really. She doesn't even respond when asked if she needs help! Largely cause she doesn't believe she needs any help that she can think of.

But she is curious as to how the machine works so she will nod affirmatively to Felandria when asked about showing her how it operates, a stark cold wind lightly flowing through as her head moves. Which is mostly weird because of how they're indoors.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

"I'm good at sneaky stuff." Zara nods, as if confirming her own words. She is going to be the Young Adventurer's Club's sneaky person, after all. Stretchy powers only help with that further. "I think I like you already, Mister...?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-07-27 at 03:57 AM.
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"Tethrik. No mister." Not that Tethrik doesn't feel he deserves that kind of respect, it's just weird. Especially because he doesn't have a surname to be called by. "Who're you, kid?"

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

"Tethrik. Tethriiik." Zara pronounces the name, as if testing it. Appropriately demon-sounding name, she decides. "Zara." The girl replies with a smile, a bit too wide, and curtsies. "Nice to meet you, Tethrik."

"How do you react to pain?" She suddenly asks, looking into her mug of hot chocolate as if seeking answers within.
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"I try not to. To flinch is weakness, and all weaknesses spell doom." Did Zara expect Tethrik to be masochistic? Pain is such a useful defense mechanism, and masochism ruins its effectiveness. Of course for all his desire to stoically ignore injury, enough pain will still get through.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

"We were made quite masochistic. I know the difference between pain and pleasure, I know to avoid it where I can, as soon as I can, but it feels good in its own sort of way. Makes me giggle, too." Zara was expecting him to be masochistic, because then he'd be similar enough to her. Only, in her case, masochism in a way that doesn't ruin the defense mechanism aspects of pain. "To flinch is weakness, and weakness spells doom. That, we can agree on."

"I miss it, you know? Killing. It's been so long. I probably shouldn't feel this way, but I do." She says, turning to look at him and smile.
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"Nah, that's natural. Once you've done it once, you can never go back." Humans are just cursed with a sense of guilt. Tethrik's never had a problem with killing. He feels absolutely no remorse at all. "You do anything besides killing, kid?"

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

"That's the truth." Zara nods in agreement. She's learnt that people aren't supposed to feel that way, but she feels no guilt or remorse for her actions, either.

When asked about the other things she does, she chuckles and nods. "Yes. After my last mission went sideways, I got selective amnesia due to head trauma and ended up here. I've been in an orphanage for the past six years, even volunteered to take care of younger kids in a good-aligned organization. I draw really well, and have been training to become an adventurer, too." She drinks some more of that delicious chocolate milk. "You?"
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"I collect weapons." Tethrik's gotten quite an arsenal over his millennia of life, full of exotic weapons most people have never dreamed of. But he rarely brings any of them into a fight. He consistently wields weapons that are simple and reliable, ignoring more fanciful ones.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

"Oh, really? Which ones? Can I see?" Zara's suddenly more excited, now. "You have knives, like the karambit? I like knives."
    Love is the message.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

Tethrik reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out a knife. It's actually a sword, but it looks knife-sized in his hand. Realizing that's not what Zara wanted to see, he puts it back. The pouch appears to hold far less space than the sword takes up. "I don't have much use for knives, but I keep a few around. Ah. Here it is." He pulls out a short knife made from an ice-white metal... Or is it crystal? The hilt is decorated with a tassel of pale purple fabric. It's a beautifully made weapon, and it looks so tiny and fragile in Tethrik's hand.

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

Zara's facial expression doesn't change much when he pulls out the sword. It's a fine piece of work, but she prefers knives. Knives and pneumatic power fists, the latter her weapon of choice. When the knife is revealed, she gasps, her eyes admiring the pretty crystal/metal knife.

"It's so beautiful. Can I hold it?" She start to stretch forward her hand, but then withdraws it.

She says something she wouldn't let very many people hear, licking her lips as she does so. It's Tethrik, though, so it's okay. "Imagine killing with this thing. Going for the jugular." She'd have said such a thing before her memory returned, only she'd be talking about hunting monstrous beasts rather than people.
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"Go ahead." Tethrik holds out the knife. "I think you see why I don't use them." There's no way he could effectively hold something that small. His hands are too large. "I need something with a bit more weight to it."

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

Zara extends her stretchy arms to take the knife from him without moving from her original spot, admiring its beauty. She makes a few practiced slashing and stabbing motions with it in her hand, and nods in approval. "Well balanced, I wish I could keep it." She does, but he'd likely require something in exchange, something she might not be willing to part with.

"Does it have any special properties?"
    Love is the message.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"What sort of weapons you got, kid? I'll trade you for one." Tethrik nods to the question about properties. "Adaptive metal. It'll shift its mass as it hits for better armor penetration." She can try using it if she wants.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

"Cool!" Zara has nothing to use it on, so she settles for making slicing and stabbing motions. "I have a karambit knife with no special properties whatsoever!" She opens up her inventory screen and takes it out, showing it to him.
    Love is the message.