New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default The Stick Awards II: Second Edition (BotH [#0201-#0300]) [Semi #2]

Welcome to The Stick Awards II: Second Edition!

The Stick Awards are handed out to the best strips of all time as chosen by our fellow Playgrounders.

Over the next few days, we're taking a bit of a break and continuing The Best of the Hundred Tournament for Comics #201 - #300 as we take the time to decide which of the strips really are the best of best.

For full details about the Stick Awards, and any questions about them, please check out the main thread here.

To read more about the original Stick Awards, created by Nazzo, the 102nd, please read his thread here.

To vote in this thread, simply state which comic of the five listed is your favorite. Bolding the number of the comic (Like this) helps it stand out.

Voting, which only lasts five days during the Best of the Hundred Tournament will close on January 30th, 4pm EDT. Any votes made after that will NOT count toward the totals.

The winner of this semi-final will go on to the finals which will be held after this second semi-final is done. The two strips that get the most votes during the semis that DIDN'T win, will also reach the finals. So voting is extra special important this time around, as it will determine who the 'Wild Card' entrants are.

In the previous semi-final, 250 - Oh no, he DIDN'T! entered the finals by blowing up in spectacular fashion.

Meanwhile, 223 - Love, in the Abstract is currently holding down Wild Card spot #1 with 8 votes and 216 - Perfect Combo and 236 - Mean Girl are currently sharing Wild Card spot #2 with 3 votes apiece. Thus if another strip is to enter the finals without winning this semi, it has to get at least 3 votes.

Once again, our favorite strips of all time (or at least this set of fifty) enter the arena. Helps us decide which ones go on to the Finals by voting for.....

................THE STICK AWARDS II:
    BEST OF THE HUNDRED TOURNAMENT (201-300)
    ..............(Semi-Final #2)

====

For ease of reading, What Haley Said, courtesy of the thread of the same name.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zfq bq nzml?
    Are we back?

Rst azq'e tqmgowezqm kg, ws hge kg xtwe wzr efze rst'og z couyum lueaf zqd rsto efuyfw hssp cze uq efze zokso.
    You can't understand me, so let me just say that you're a frigid bitch and your thighs look fat in that armor.

Xcccc!
    Ahhh!
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition (BotH [#0201-#0300]) [Semi #2]

270 is one of my favorite Belkar moments.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm gonna go with 285.

Peelee’s Lotsey

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

298, I suppose, for the medium-sized creature line.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    270 is one of my favorite Belkar moments.
    One of mine, too - and I like setting things on fire myself. On the other hand, a dramatic wrapping-up montage with hints and humour is even better, so 298 it is!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I haven't voted for it before, but I'm just going to vote for 255 - Meep meep!

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Not thrilled by any, but 270 seems best.

8. - Top - End - #8

NinjaGuy

It was a toss between 277 or 298, but I went with 277 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I've just gotta go with 277 here. Plot is always good.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

Gonna go with 298.

11. - Top - End - #11

ClericGirl

You gotta love an angry violent rant.

"I only pray that the Twelve Gods allow it to be my hand that strikes the final blow, so that I might feel your warm sin-stained blood spilled rightfully on the cold hard ground."
    "Whew! And here I thought she was going to be upset!"
    Last edited by oppyu; 2014-01-25 at 11:07 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

270, no doubt (since all the other ones I wanted didn't make it through the first selection).
    Was vernünftig ist, das ist wirklich; und was wirklich ist, das ist vernünftig. (G.W.F.H.)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

#298, the only strip among these I've voted for in previous rounds.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Man, this is a rough decision. I think I'm going to go with 298: The Future is Forged in the Fires of Today. Although 277 is also excellent.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'm going to go with 270. Belkar's on top form here.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

298vgfvhbbbbdgg
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

I really like #298, but I'll throw in a vote for #255 for being rather unique among OOTS strips--generally, every strip ends on a singular punchline or dramatic point. But this one has a big panel with several gags in no real order.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

285, both for the great jokes and dialogues

19. - Top - End - #19

I vote 298.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

298 is a close second, but 285 is the climax of NCftPB, while 298 is a coda for that book and a prelude to W&XPs, so 285 is getting my vote.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

I vote for 255.

22. - Top - End - #22

Chimera

270 is Belkar at his finest.

23. - Top - End - #23

BlueWizardGirl

Voting for 277: The Crayons of Time - Breaking Up Is Hard to Do.
    Last edited by LadyEowyn; 2014-01-28 at 01:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

298, I guess.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Tough choosing between 285 and 270, but in the end, 270. Way to put those stealth skills to use, Belkar.
    I am: Neutral Good: -2 chaos, -21 evil and 15 balance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Kommander View Post
    Heartless? Those flaming letters spelled ELAN! How many sons can honestly say their father has murdered dozens of human beings just to show how much they care?

Tarquin's fatherly love is truly unique... or at least I hope it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, I'm impressed that this topic went so far off topic that it ended up back at The Order of the Stick.
    Can't find the strip you're looking for? Head on over to OOTS Strip Summaries!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Little under 24 hours to go in this semi, and it's still anyone's game:

255) 3
    270) 6
    277) 3
    285) 4
    298) 8

Current cutoff for the second wild card spot is 6 votes, at the moment held by Comic 270.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As is befitting a semi-final round, some very strong candidates here. As a fan of old Looney Tunes cartoons, I naturally loved Meep Meep. But I don't think it is quite strong enough. I am however, a sucker for a good montage. And I think it just pips by the rest of the field. I reserve the right to change my mind in the finals though. Thus, 298 it is.

And with that......

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!

298 The Future is Forged in the Fires of Today is the winner of this semi-final! It now moves on to the finals for the Best of the Hundred tournament (201-300).

223 - Love, in the Abstract wins Wild Card spot #1 with 8 votes from the first semi and 270 - Dueling Egos wins Wild Card spot #2 with six votes this week.

Full Results are as follows:

.............THE STICK AWARDS II:
    ..BEST OF THE HUNDRED TOURNAMENT
    ......... (201-300 | Semi-Final #2)

{table]|Comic Number | Votes Received | Vote Percentage |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |[/table]

Please join us as we finish this round of the Best of the Hundred tournament, in this thread here.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2014-01-30 at 04:01 PM.