New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Cool, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Re: Vodkana and Tarasai being a pair: that is the theory the Red Planet Army subscribes to, at least.

Observation: if Solitus arc tales place 10 years after Hailin's defeat, that means 11 years in total, which means such funny things as Junior having grown up and Astralys and Lucifer's son being 10 to 12 years old.

Part of me still wants Astralys and reincarnated Yamakami to have their own wacky, Earth-based adventures.

Re: Yankar's powerlevel:

The only issue I might have with Yankar's full power being near two million is that it's one more character stealing Apfel's thunder. So I think Yankar being between two and four hundred thousand would work better.

It'd also allow for interesting interactions like Apfel or Slushie stopping him from going ape on Hailin.

Speaking of... where the Hell is Duke Slushie, and what is he doing?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

last time, he tried to convince Flake to leave this mess, and leave Talsagia... he didn't gotten an answer I didnt knew how to continue...

Right now, he only care for Flake.. he trust Apfel to fend for himself...
    from his point view, blasting Vodkana concluded his good intentiona toward Flake.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

hehehe, sputtering Dr. Whooves. And given a year, I think Max would probably have completed his city and fortified it against terrestrial threats (that is to say, nobles of various kinds trying to lay claim to it with Earth armies and the best of Iron Age tech that they can muster). And would probably have time to spare. I mean, we saw how much farm work just Goku and Krillen could accomplish back when their power levels were sub 100 and approaching Roshi's level, pouring concrete, making rebar, and screwing with the iron age nobility by laying some heat sensitive metal into the concrete so that as the concrete cools (which in mega structures can take decades to complete) it heats the metal, switches it to highly magnetic, and ruins the day of anyone trying to move armored troops over it with any kind of speed or efficiency.

Real world science has all kinds of wacky materials, let alone the stuff that exists in Dragonball. And that's not even counting what a high quality steel sword would do to iron or low quality steel weapons and armor. Max may wind up being Fenrir's Merlin at this rate.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Hehehe, sputtering Dr. Whooves.
    Sputtering Doctor Whooves is best Doctor Whooves.

Also ... hmmm ... so, I was considering having Starlight be taken over by the Nightmare in her character arc, but I fear that with Dust Devil and albino Namekian children, that may be a bit too much for one story arc.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

the current tech is somewhat 17-18thish+steam punk here and there.

Humm.. well, Fenrir is planned to be King Of Earth someday. (and ancestor of King Furry)

Hawk:
    you can delete the little white namekians as much as I care
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-03-29 at 01:44 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #637
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Re: Yankar's powerlevel:

The only issue I might have with Yankar's full power being near two million is that it's one more character stealing Apfel's thunder. So I think Yankar being between two and four hundred thousand would work better.

It'd also allow for interesting interactions like Apfel or Slushie stopping him from going ape on Hailin.

Speaking of... where the Hell is Duke Slushie, and what is he doing?
    Isn't Yankar a time/dimension traveler? His being stronger than Apfel makes more sense in that context. Apfel's only the #3 among Ki users known in civilized space, which consists of only several dozen galaxies. There very well may be a 650,000 in a currently unknown galaxy, and IIRC Luxana has a transformation that puts her above Apfel, but because she is unknown to civilized space, he keeps the #3 spot. In other words, i'm fine with Yankar being 2 mil.

As for Hailing, well, his base power level is 4 mil, and he has two transformations after that. Apfel and Slushie will need to stop Yankar from biting off more than he can chew
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-03-29 at 02:14 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

8. - Top - End - #638

RedWizardGuy

Oh, good, 17th to 18th century tech level people would be a lot easier to shame into building sewer systems. At least, if you could manage to disabuse the doctors of miasma theory as a means of disease transmission instead of germs. Yeah, real world science had (and may still have) some issues with just listening to someone who sounds smart without actually testing their theory nearly as rigorously as they should.

I thought someone mentioned that it was Iron Age tech for the tech level. Oh, and Max can start a World's Faire for showing off inventions and oddities. And by oddities I mean people with ki techniques showing off their stuff to spread the idea that it's a thing that can be learned, rather than being some kind of 'you have to be born with it' exclusive magic.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Well I actually don't have any plans on Yankar actually helping to defeat Hailing at all. No matter how strong Yankar is, its all the things that he sacrificed to get it that really matter about him: social skills, academic skills, utility powers like matter materialization, any friendships.....

to the point when the time comes, no one will actually want to recruit him into their faction. Why? because he will be battle-thirsty and honorable like a saiyan would be, and try to fight all the enemies one-on-one for the thrill of the challenge and deny any help in taking down anyone he wants to, instead of fighting sensibly. with his attitude, he will NOT be getting into the Earth Defense Force, and Android 23 hating such martial arts stupidity will not be recruiting him into the Rebel Alliance because he won't want to KILL Hailing, only FIGHT him with killing being an afterthought.

Thus when the time comes, Android 23 won't be telling him that they're going to do that and he will miss the Hailing Arc entirely. I have other plans for him.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

@Sagetim: as with both real Earth and DB Earth, the technology level is not even across the world, because Earth lacks communications technology and social unity to have a global culture.

Luxana's people are basically Aztecs just before the Spanish arrived, the people in Korin's Land are basically pre-colonization Native Americans, and the people South of them are basically the Incan Empire. Yamakami's model city is built in the territory of the last group and he was just getting to teaching them how to work steel and make firearms before getting sidetracked.

At the same time, Lord Gero seemed to be a Da Vinci-style Renessaince Man with Steam Punk robots, living in otherwise normal Victorian England. The place where the Tournament is held has vaguely late-dynasty Chinese feel to it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Well I actually don't have any plans on Yankar actually helping to defeat Hailing at all. No matter how strong Yankar is, its all the things that he sacrificed to get it that really matter about him: social skills, academic skills, utility powers like matter materialization, any friendships.....

To the point when the time comes, no one will actually want to recruit him into their faction.
    Actually, the Doctor still would, though obviously if he says no, he'll respect that.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #642
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hey all! I know I just joined, but I have another character concept that I've spoken to Ing briefly about, and it's really exciting me. So, without furter ado:

Yamuu, The Lunar Ape
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 165 lbs
    Species: Saiyan
    Station: Arcosian Empire's Bounty Hunter

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A pretty-boy, if ever there was one. He has flowing, curly, black hair that stretches down to the middle of his back; his locks are, rather obviously, meticulously maintained. He has a smooth, pretty face, dark brown skin, and black eyes; his body carries none of the type harsh-beauty or extreme muscles of Saiyans, instead he is lithe, slender, and tall. He wears lavender flight suit with long, white evening gloves and boots. On the forearm of each glove is an immaculate crystal - it shines brilliantly, no matter the location. He wraps his black tail around his waist. His white boots sport two-inch heels. The back of his flight suit has the character "猨" written on it in black.

Personality:

Spoiler
    Show
    His personality matches his looks; he's flashy, ostentatious, and proud. Yamuu is fiercely independent but equally loyal to those he respects - while he cherishes his freedom, he needs strong social bonds to stay cheerful. Despite his career, and his species, he's not exceedingly battle-hungry. He fights out of a commitment to his ideals of justice and honor, two things he has found the Saiyan race lacking, and is respectful and merciful to his enemies. He is deeply interested in maintaining his image and appearance, but finds beauty even in the

History:

Spoiler
    Show
    Born a weak and peaceful child on planet Plant, Yamuu was more-or-less abandoned by Saiyan society. He was found alone, on the brink of starvation, by a Tuffle diplomat; the Tuffle did not believe that Saiyan savagery was inborn, and adopted the young Yamuu to raise him as a bridge between the two species. His adoptive father taught him control and restraint, spending years of his youth studying and trying to control the destructive strength that lurks within the hearts of the Saiyans. While Yamuu held none of the desire to kill that was definitive of the Saiyan people, he still wasn't a Tuffle; he could never keep up at Tuffle schools and grew to detest the hyper-intelligent species. When he became an adult, he left the Tuffle cities to return to his home. It was not a warm welcome - he was beaten nearly to death many times, and lacked the strength and killer instinct to prove himself in the eyes of his race.

By the miraculous genes of the Saiyan race, though, his constant beatings and and failures in combat made him stronger. Simply by virtue of surviving, He eventually reached the strength of his peers, but he still hadn't earned respect from his people. He realized that, frankly, he never would - his refusal to kill and his honor towards others earned him nothing in Saiyan society.

So, he left, chasing his dreams of honor, loyalty, and mercy through the stars as a bounty hunter. He has found the galactic empire of Hailing, while harsh, unbelievably fair and true - the law is absolute and spares none. In Hailing, he found a meeting point between absolute, divine strength and moral law; since his first interaction with the Arcosian Empire, he has been a loyal and true subject.

Story So Far:

Spoiler
    Show
    None so far.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Base Power Level: 115,000
    Oozaru PL: 230,000

Saiyan Genetics: The Saiyan race is unbelievably powerful and hard to kill - despite his distance from his species, he holds the strength of the race, the power of the zenkai boost, and the great Oozaru transformation.
    The Mighty Oozaru: Through years of training and Tuffle science, Yamuu has learned to control the power of the Oozaru. However, this comes at a great cost to his power - the Oozaru transformation only doubles his power, at its strongest.
    Martial Arts: In his years spent bounty hunting, Yamuu has developed his own effective, ostentatious, and non-lethal martial arts style. He moves as if dancing, weaving gracefully through the battlefield. His use of ki in martial arts has granted him the typical abilities of flight, super-speed/agility, strength, and basic ki blasts.
    Lunar Knives: In conjunction with his dance-battling style, Yamuu can create two short energy blades that extend from his hands.
    Oozaru Blast: Channeling his ki from his chest into his palms, Yamuu fires a powerful ki wave.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He possesses a personal ship, equivalent in speed to a Saiyan attack pod; the ship is, naturally, lavender purple in color; it looks similar to a fighter craft, but it has no armaments.

His custom-designed flight suit changes size with him when he becomes a great ape.

Hope y'all like it, I'll have a post up for Togari in a little while, too!

13. - Top - End - #643

Yeah, um, what's Yamuu's reaction to the fact that Hailing destroyed Planet Plant not too long ago, with the intent to destroy all life on it including the Saiyans and Tuffles? Unlike Frieza, he's not trying to cover it up either, simply saying that the planet was in open war against the Empire and threatened to destroy Arcos (which isn't actually terribly far from the truth.)

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

BTW, are we still planning on having Vodkana's haters take issue with the planet Meal?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #645
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Yeah, um, what's Yamuu's reaction to the fact that Hailing destroyed Planet Plant not too long ago, with the intent to destroy all life on it including the Saiyans and Tuffles? Unlike Frieza, he's not trying to cover it up either, simply saying that the planet was in open war against the Empire and threatened to destroy Arcos (which isn't actually terribly far from the truth.)
    Yeah, not terribly upset - Yamuu has deep-seated distrust towards both Saiyans and Tuffle, being ostracized by both. He respects the absolute power and authority that Hailing commands, and Hailing has instituted a strict legal system, which he also respects.

So, all of that put together makes him a still-loyal follower. I thought it'd be interesting to see that play out, and it's part of why I chose to make Yamuu a Saiyan.
    Last edited by Fine Dining Set; 2017-03-29 at 03:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

Finally! A sayian! Welcome!

Hawk- ehh.. I don't think so.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #647

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Dining Set View Post
    Yeah, not terribly upset - Yamuu has deep-seated distrust towards both Saiyans and Tuffle, being ostracized by both. He respects the absolute power and authority that Hailing commands, and Hailing has instituted a strict legal system, which he also respects.

So, all of that put together makes him a still-loyal follower. I thought it'd be interesting to see that play out, and it's part of why I chose to make Yamuu a Saiyan.
    Alright. If you want to confront Hailing about it on the Emperor's Vanity or do some other shenanigans, go for it.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Hawk- ehh.. I don't think so.
    Hmmm, if I still plan to introduce Katnip (Catip? It's a working name), I'll have to change my plans for her then. Hmmm....
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hmmm, if I still plan to introduce Katnip (Catip? It's a working name), I'll have to change my plans for her then. Hmmm....
    shrug*

I just dont want to force the others for another boring arc...
    soooooooo....

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, maybe I should crowdsource this.

My original plan was to have her be young and half-nyagato, hating the nyagato culture for putting soldiers on the bottom rung of society, considering it shameful. So she would have been all for an invasion of Meal, and over the course of the arc she would wind up with the RA instead.

What do y'all think I should do with this? Maybe go seeking Vodkana because, being the daughter of the god of destruction, she'd be the only other nyagato she'd admire? Or maybe she'd try to kill Vodkana, having heard about her alleged "false heritage" on the news and wanting revenge? Maybe then she gets beaten by the RA and her honor compels her to pledge herself to them instead?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

FYI, I won't be able to post much, if at all, from tomorrow until Monday or Tuesday. I'm going to Anime Boston, and all I'll have on me is my tablet.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-03-29 at 08:31 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

aaaaand Talsaiga Arc is done! I just wanted to wrap up the arc really, Lokote is a great antagonist/villain but new players are coming in, we have other important things to get to, I have other things I want to do, finishing up MST of Trombonicon, settling the dispute, and roleplaying everyones reactions to Hailings mere presence, giving the Androids super forms proper set up, Tarasai meeting the Rebel Alliance, all that fun stuff. hope you enjoyed it, Lokote is very much an antagonist that requires smarts to defeat because of his indirect technicality-laden nature and manipulative-ness.

The Lokote in the mirror, you can basically just a consider a godzilla threshold thing- its not really important unless something BIG is going to happen thats a danger to reality, as in, Tournament of Power or similar levels of danger. At least that is what is intended, if you really want to work out something with the present Lokote, its always possible, like maybe Masala turns him into a Majin so that he can have his fun without to be imprisoned or twist peoples wishes or something? But yeah. thats done.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome. Yeah, Starlight will want to try to reform him, or at least send him to Equestria where something something Keepers of Discord.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #654

If anyone's curious, this is what honking sounds like (jump to 0:16)

And my CMDR name is CMDR EmperorIng. I fly an Imperial Clipper.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-03-29 at 11:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #655

RedWizardGuy

I think last time I played Elite Dangerous, I was cargo hauling in a type 7 with All The Cargo. And some decent fuel. Guns are for suckers when you can outshield and outrun any pirates.

Also, would Hailing and his uncloaked power level be detectable from the ground level at the tournament?

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

1- Raziere- the arc went out well! It's just that somehow the ending of each arc feels, rushed. DB it's a world where gathered Spirit Bomb for 5 minutes take 3 episodes. It's not a bug. It's a feature.
    Other than that, I think you have wrapped it up well. I think, that when calmed down, Vodkana would like to reform Lokotw as well.

2- New players and characters- we need a way to gather all of them..

3- Hawk. Ehhh.... I guess go hunting for Vodkana would be nice. Since, I dont think, we'l have much time for "everyone want to kill Vodkana" storyline, especialy with Hailing trolling on earth...
    Maybe Vodkana will prove her the power of cooking, and maybe even reach Stormart Nyagato form during the battle.

firsr time hearing of Dangerouse Elite.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #657

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    I think last time I played Elite Dangerous, I was cargo hauling in a type 7 with All The Cargo. And some decent fuel. Guns are for suckers when you can outshield and outrun any pirates.

Also, would Hailing and his uncloaked power level be detectable from the ground level at the tournament?
    Now that he's in orbit above Earth, yeah.

I'd play Elite more if my USB controller worked

28. - Top - End - #658

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Now that he's in orbit above Earth, yeah.

I'd play Elite more if my USB controller worked
    Ah, yeah, I can imagine that might be a problem. I should try and get a flight stick at some point, since keyboard and mouse can be a bit of a pain if you want to do anything like dog fighting. But then again, I also keyboard and moused my way through dark souls...

In any case, I imagine everyone who can sense ki is probably going to be look up with a power level like that hanging overhead

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, I manage to keyboard and mouse my way through Elite just fine, and I use a touchpad. Of course, I don't do PvP - exploring the void is where it's at, yo. My Anaconda don't want none unless you lack a "first discovered by" tag.

I'm Felina Hawk on there, if anyone wants to contact me.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #660

I love how Planet Earth just turned into Emperor Hailing's hype squad, Raziere. Absolutely glorious

I'll wait for the current match to end before dropping the Emperor from orbit. I plan on him landing right in the middle of the arena. Mostly because it's funny.