New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Werewolf!

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I mostly agree with this list, though I'd probably put blade under Really unsure (I'm not sure I agree with your interpretation of his interactions with Valmark, I should probably reread it). I've also realized that I have no idea whether I'll trust blade more or less if Snow flips wolf, if they're both wolves his support of her seems a little blatant.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've never noticed that blade's name can be read as "blades cape", I've always read it as "blade scape".

- - - Updated - - -

And I'd probably move JNinja to Weaker town leans. I've liked what I've seen from her but I wouldn't rule it out coming from a wolf, especially since I don't have any baseline for her behavior.

(But this is probably mostly paranoia talking, there are a lot of people I'd want to take a closer look at and/or vote before her).

For the record my list was in order. So both blade and jninja were on the edge of their groups but there is a reason I didn't call it strong town reads

Also, does anyone have an up to date vote count? I might move my vote to someone else I'd like to hear from but it depends on the current votes.

- - - Updated - - -

I've also always read it as blade scape.

Also gotta love the first post of a new page.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Valmark (4): gac3, Snowblaze, bladescape, CaoimhimTheCape.

Not hard to keep track :p

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post

Seriously? So few votes in general? I apologize. I hadn't realized it was so... Space. My vote really was redundant. I don't like that at all.

I think I'll switch to Cape because they are on my investigate list.

- - - Updated - - -

Cape you are now the second leading wagon. What do you have to say for yourself!?
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-12-29 at 07:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Seriously? So few votes in general? I apologize. I hadn't realized it was so... Space. My vote really was redundant. I don't like that at all.
    Indeed. It feels like that might be a point in Valmark's favor, if he's a wolf it seems strange they wouldn't at least attempt to create an alternative.

As I mentioned earlier, I'll vote after I've had time to do a ISO on Valmark (the plan was to vote either Valmark or Snow, but maybe I'll go with Valmark or Cao instead, since Snow seems unlikely to get enough votes).

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. It feels like that might be a point in Valmark's favor, if he's a wolf it seems strange they wouldn't at least attempt to create an alternative.

As I mentioned earlier, I'll vote after I've had time to do a ISO on Valmark (the plan was to vote either Valmark or Snow, but maybe I'll go with Valmark or Cao instead, since Snow seems unlikely to get enough votes).
    Snow and cape are on the same level for me. So if youd feel more comfortable making a wagon out of Snow then neither makes a difference to me for pressuring. Though I agree. Town points to Valmark. I hope other people log on and realize this. I now don't want to see them lynched yet.
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-12-29 at 03:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Wolves would counterwagon" is often entirely dependant on many factors and isn't a rule you can flat apply to every situation.

FMPOV at least two wolves exist in:
    Valmark
    Cape
    SupaGoof
    Book
    Sean

I liked Supa's posts earlier so that leaves me with Valmark/Cape/Book/Sean.

Sean I would be happy to vote out too because I said the reasons they're sus earlier.

Book I haven't had a good record reading early so I'm leaving that one for now.

Cape has been meh but not wolfy meh yet? It's kinda a bad read but I also kinda like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to point out that ALL of Valmark's reads so far (Gac/BHC are town) are basically the claims.

Aka the safest reads that give nothing away about anyone potentially a wolf.

I find it weird that they don't have a take that isn't a clear rn.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    "Wolves would counterwagon" is often entirely dependant on many factors and isn't a rule you can flat apply to every situation.

FMPOV at least two wolves exist in:
    Valmark
    Cape
    SupaGoof
    Book
    Sean

I liked Supa's posts earlier so that leaves me with Valmark/Cape/Book/Sean.

Sean I would be happy to vote out too because I said the reasons they're sus earlier.

Book I haven't had a good record reading early so I'm leaving that one for now.

Cape has been meh but not wolfy meh yet? It's kinda a bad read but I also kinda like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to point out that ALL of Valmark's reads so far (Gac/BHC are town) are basically the claims.

You may have said this earlier but why is snow not on that list for you?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Really gonna push me for reads and then complain because you don't like them? XD

If it wasn't that my power's not actually that good I'd almost think I've been scried by the Devil, but given what my power is it's either wolf going along with an easy-looking lynch or some pointless tunneling.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Snow and cape are on the same level for me. So if youd feel more comfortable making a wagon out of Snow then neither makes a difference to me for pressuring. Though I agree. Town points to Valmark. I hope other people log on and realize this. I now don't want to see them lynched yet.
    Pressure acknowledged.

I... don't really feel like I've properly got into this game. I'm not emotionally invested in the same way I've been in previous games, and without that it's pretty hard to find motivation to do much solving. And yeah, after UPick I can definitely understand the suspicion.

*shrug* I don't think I agree with your point on Valmark. He confessed to being a wolf (well, alien) in Craziest Idea when there were still plausible ways to survive. (I need to go back and check that game again, though.)

- - - Updated - - -

Having checked, yeah, Valmark did confess when there was still a decent chance of surviving. (Also I'd forgotten how chaotic the Day of Too Many Seer Claims was.)
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post

*shrug* I don't think I agree with your point on Valmark. He confessed to being a wolf (well, alien) in Craziest Idea when there were still plausible ways to survive. (I need to go back and check that game again, though.)
    I confessed because I couldn't win, or rather aliens, if I'm not wrong to get another wolfy faction member lynched (of course not of my own faction).

I wouldn't confess to being a wolf/similar if I thought my faction could still win (unless my confessing actually helps).

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

Top 2 town, top 2 people you think could be wolf.

I don't care how likely.
    I'll start with answering this, even though I think it was only asked of Valmark.

I find Gac3s claim to be believable, so I like him and JNinja for town.

For wolf scum - I find Snow and Book sus, just something feels off. So much so, that I'll change my point to Snowblaze

*snip*
    Too inactive to get a read on but may look into anyways
    SupaGoof
    *snip* - Sorry, I will try to be more active in conversations. Yesterday, I started with looking back through what Taffimai and Rogan said. Mostly for what Rogan said, as something he did got him to be targeted by the wolves. Either that, or they fear the absolute scrutiny of Rogan brings to the game. Taffi I think just got placed under the lens of wolf* and she couldn't talk her way out of it. I say this as that's how my analysis typically works. There are truths being told by the dead, because their roles revealed which side they were on. For everyone else - they can be lying, but for the villagers who died, we know they weren't. So I try to find what they may have said that can be built upon.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Wait wtf baner can't block wplf NK?Then what's the point even
    AV - are you still broke from last game? You have quite a few typos. That being said, this post was typed in a rush without concern, which shows genuine surprise IMO. Takes AV one notch up off the wolf and onto the town scale.

*lens of wolf - I'll explain. When you think someone is a wolf, you find more reasons to believe they are lying, and therefore strengthen your resolve in that they are a wolf.
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2021-12-29 at 03:31 PM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    AV - are you still broke from last game? You have quite a few typos. That being said, this post was typed in a rush without concern, which shows genuine surprise IMO. Takes AV one notch up off the wolf and onto the town scale.

*lens of wolf - I'll explain. When you think someone is a wolf, you find more reasons to believe they are lying, and therefore strengthen your resolve in that they are a wolf.
    Was just on the road and only had phone posting. Was checking stuff real quick, and typed out a few responses with fat fingers. It happens more than I like.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

It's funny, after doing the ISO on Snow I figured I had the easier task left since Valmark had so much fewer posts, but when I finally got around to it he had as many posts as Snow.

Spoiler: ISO on Valmark
    Show
    Completely missed the start of the game.

I, uh, am reading all this right after waking up so I kinda haven't retained memory of who said what, but anyway... Don't count me as a new guy! I mean, I'm no veteran, but I actually played some games and then went on a bit of a hiatus because I was super distracted IRL.

That said, if you don't wanna vote me I don't mind.

gac3, your load looks light, get a vote while I wake up and figure who said what.
    Hey, I do lots of front-stabbing as well. And Hi!

I've become a legend while I was gone.

@Xihirli: can you confirm, explicitely, that if Alpha wasn't in game the kill power would still be transmitted?
    Because from the back you don't see the look on their faces!

Arguably true about Snow, but still if someone looks town it's possibly better to test them out in a way different from votes.

I would say that voting for someone who isn't around at the beginning doesn't yeld much information.

I lost track of how many times the logic I thought perfectly sensible either got me lynched or very nearly got me lynched.
    Left the white to make it seeable.

I would assume that Xihirli knows someone would dissect that text and so it's significant to what's in play- that said, it doesn't mean everything is at it seems (for example it doesn't mean Kagemaru isn't in play).

Most of the reason for me asking wether the kill power will still be in game even if Alpha isn't.

If I make them die slowly they could have the time to kill me fast! Or survive!

Well, one way is to indeed use a night power (I don't agree that it's a bad move)- the other is to ask the person in doubt to cohoperate and if they don't it's sus. Of course you need to be in a condition where the power/allegiance can be verified and you need to be trusted by the person that looks Town.
    Alright, then it does make sense to think Alpha could not be in game. Not 100% proof, but for obvious reasons that's to be expected.

Personally I'll go ahead thinking those mentioned in the fluff text are the wolves present, but keep an eye out for others.
    Agreed on the lynch inactive/misslynch. Town tipically doesn't want to lynch someone that partecipates little or someone absent- because you don't gain much from them in the long run. Exception could be if it was needed to test something.
    Regarding Rogan: wait, did we confirm that Alexis is here to get out with Nightshroud?

Regarding me: worth it to note that I haven't said that. I said to judge them based on wether they cohoperate, with no mention of votes that... Would actually be unreliable, I think.
    One thing is if someone is decisive to take a wolf down- for example if I swirched from gac to Taffimai, killing the counterwagon. But otherwise it wouldn't be a good way to test them.

And even then it may just have been the pressure that makes a wolf vote another wolf.

As far as inactives go, there's one more downside to voting them- assuming they are Town, you wasted the lynch. The situation stays the same but with two less non-wolf deaths going into the next Day. Most of the time.

Exceptions apply like in power games such as this one where powers can yeld results so you don't necessarily still go in the next Day with nothing new to go on.

- - - Updated - - -

*two more non-wolf deaths, not less.
    As has already been pointed out, there's not that much to go on in the early posts. Nothing to give me wolfy vibes but not the opposite either.

What Rogan said. It's happened more then once that people cohordinated together power usage and that confirmed/revealed people's allegiances- you could do the same with voting, but it needs to really matter.
    Rereading those quotes (and the other posts) where did Snow do something suspicious/ claim to have done something suspicious?
    I was referring to when you said that Snowblaze did something suspicious and called it out as such, which I don't see in the posts.

Or did you mean that she tipically does it and this time she didn't?
    Ah, I see- I was looking at it under the impression that Snow had called out herself as suspicious, rather then the reasoning being suspicious.

Eh, I don't really agree- it's not particularly different from any other reason for a random vote (imo). I will say that, reading the specific quotes you presented, it kinda looks like you were trying to throw shade on Snow and then she kinda turned around and cast her shadow (pun intended).

First you asked BCH about an opinion on Snow's vote, criticizing her a little bit but also mentioning you could be a bit biased. Then she asked you what you thought about her voting you to which you replied possibly pressure.

Snow later voted for you apparently with no real reason, then got a reason which is... Somewhat pertinent. It's true that there's no real reason to put light on the fact that your vote tecnically starts a counter-wagon, but it's also true that we don't know wether it was on purpose and wether you decided to say nothing.

It's then that you make a more sizable post regarding Snow where you criticize her reason to vote you (or so it looks to me). That looks weird as it feels like you're expressing doubt about her for something that is simply her way of playing (something Rogan as well picked up on, though they could be in cahoots).

Lastly, you expressed that Snow isn't your main suspect but don't want to vote for them- and while understandable (as you previously suspected the Seer for the same reasons) it does feel weird, and you're willfully 'protecting' this person that pings wolf to you by voting away from them.

It is a confusing behavior, and it does look like you're focusing on Snow for different reasons from the ones stated. Just like Snow could be but may be dissimulating them better.
    One of the meatier posts. As with Snow, the suspicions against Taff doesn't look great now but were fairly reasonable at the time.

I almost wish to get murdered next Main Phase just to see you be wrong on reading me for once :p

Btw what's v/v?
    I can't really put my finger on why, but I don't like this reaction.

Just woke up so can't say much, though I'll ask one thing- if Rogan used their power, which resolves in the Standby Phase, but was presumably killed before it since Shadow Riders' power resolve in the End Phase, will the power work? Or was it nullified?

Sprry if it was already asked and I just don't remember.
    Well ****. They've essentially become a targeted Beast that also has other powers.
    Wait, what question yesterday?

On one side, yes let's hope. On the other, I take issue with introducing a character that isn't actually there then :p

...I actually don't have a good reply to who should be killed. I mean- I don't think there's much you can gain from lynching me, but I also don't currently have anybody I suspect. Lynching a more active user feels like it could backfire, while a less active user (are there this time around?) is bound to give even less information.

So uh... Better me then another Townie, but a pointless mislynch?

Unless you can see my death be useful, in which case I'd rather be the one lynched.
    Feels towny, but this kind of self-sacrificing attitude isn't exactly hard to fake.

Oh, that's easy. Assuming they haven't done anything to make you suspicious, JNinja shouldn't be lynched as they joined late- AV coasted by on the first day and got busy on the second, so I say not lynch her before she gets the chance to do something.

I would also avoid lynching gac3 without suspicion, as they've been decently involved- everybody else's fair game, yeah. Nobody jumped to the eye in a particular way.

Don't recall about Caoimhin, but Snow expressed the wish to vote for me on the basis that she'd usually be convinced of my towniness by now. It's... Not a particularly strong reason, but since the last time the reason to lynch me (and I was a wolf) was that everything I said makes sense it can kind of be understood?

I recall blade expressing doubt on the post I made in response to Taffimai where I explained how the discussion between her and Snow looked- I theorically look wolf because I made a post where it looks like I say 'I could see either side being right'. Which... Is not entirely wrong, though I don't get how that feels wolf.

Checking, Caoimhin is alarmed by the fact that I haven't been expressing judgement of people. Which is theorically understandable- as a wolf, I could be trying to coast by and join on the most-widely shared wagon. I kind of disagree as I didn't do that the day earlier, but that also could be seen as me not being invested in anything.
    Personally I do think it'd have been pointless to move my vote as the only thing it could do was make Taffimai get lynched even harder. But eh.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, 'Towny things' seem to include trying to get Seers and Masons lynched (in my defense, I had reasons that seemed good at the time) so I dunno how do I convince you to read me as Town that way.
    This is a little similar to what Snow was accused of, "I get what I'm doing looks suspicious but it's really not".

...to be clear, are you saying you are the vig, you tried killing BatCatHat, and they survived?
    Mmm... Statistically, Batcathat is more likely to survive through somebody else's power or by being a wolf (or both). I will put a tentative vote on them- I'll take it off if it turns out they were defended by somebody else... Or if there's another good reason.
    Ah. I had forgotten about a baner protecting themselves.

Mmm... I will unvote. There should be time to vote again if someone counterclaims.

Who did?
    This chain of events feels towny. Voting me after gac's claim is reasonable, as is withdrawing the vote after my own claim. Certainly not impossible for a wolf to fake, but I feel like a wolf in this situation would've kept the vote on me at least a little longer, to see how town reacted.

And where? As far as I know, only wolves have a private chat and also a kill.
    Oh, I see. Yeah re-reading it, Jaden could just bane themselves- their kill resolves together with the vig kill.

Batcathat wouldn't have been able to protect themselves against a wolf kill though, as their kill would have worked before that phase- which means that @Batcathat you should probably not say anything from now on about who you're gonna bane.

I mean, that was always a good rule of thumb, but even more so in this game.
    The advice is pretty pro-town, but obvious enough that a wolf might give it for some towncred.

But... If you outed yourself believing that it's better for town as you're more of a danger to us in this game... Why shoot Batcathat in the first place? Did you have some reason to do it?

Not quite like this. Wolves and Townies target in the same Phase- but wolves' powers are resolved first.

That means that if Batcathat had protected themselves and the wolves had tried to kill BCH they would have succeded- homewever that didn't happen, and since BCH protected themselves this night they'll be safe regardless of who they target.

Obviously it also means the wolves know who's currently protected, and so know to shoot elsewhere.

That is, assuming BCH's claim is correct.
    Both. They block wolf kills the next night and block non-wolf kills the same night.
    The thing is, that's exactly where I stand without strong opinions on anybody.

Although, gac3 and BCH claiming like that does make them look like Town to me (when it happened, so substantially later then the post that replied to Taffimai)- assuming the Shadow Riders don't know of those roles as unused (otherwise they could be making everything up, but it feels a bit weird to have both vig and baner absent) those are pretty big claims to throw around, and the whole exchange just feels like two town members.

I suppose there is always the possibility that BCH was scried as a baner and the wolves are using this to have gac3 claim vig. If someone wasn't tracking gac3 and they knew the vig isn't present (which is a bit more likely) this would be a decent way to have gac3 gain Town points. I don't find this theory likely, though.
    I guess... Batcathat and to a lesser extent gac3 for Town.

As for wolves... Haven't really got two. I'm starting to wondering why nobody's been mounting a counterwagon as a matter of principle rather then this Main Phase passing by with some votes in a single basket and that's it but I also aren't doing that myself so it's kind of a wash.

(Except you gac3. That vote on me feels a bit redundant but you did get there after pressuring some people).

I suppose Snow reading me wrong never happened so that could be grounds for being a wolf but eh... It sounds so stupid said out loud.

I'd say it depends on the players. People can be killed/lynched because they are good players, because they're active ones, because they're inactive or because they have good powers. Or a combination of the above.

Always definitely a good choice to analyze everything you can.

I've been reading "blade escape", uh.
    Two fairly uncontroversial townreads while keeping everyone else open for potential future mislynches? I could certainly see a wolf doing it, but it's just as likely coming from an unsure towny.

Really gonna push me for reads and then complain because you don't like them? XD

If it wasn't that my power's not actually that good I'd almost think I've been scried by the Devil, but given what my power is it's either wolf going along with an easy-looking lynch or some pointless tunneling.
    I confessed because I couldn't win, or rather aliens, if I'm not wrong to get another wolfy faction member lynched (of course not of my own faction).

I wouldn't confess to being a wolf/similar if I thought my faction could still win (unless my confessing actually helps).

There's not a lot to go on and I certainly can't rule out Valmark being a careful wolf, just going with the flow. Still, there are some things that feel quite towny to me, more so than with Snowblaze.

Now I'm sort of worried both Snow and Val are townies while the wolves are among the less active players, just watching town tear itself apart.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Some reads I guess:
    Book Wombat: No read. Please say stuff that’s not a joke, thank you.
    Snowblaze: Paranoia. From how others are treating you, you are a good player and one who we should be careful of. I’m also slightly concerned that Rogan 1. thought you were town and 2. was going to do an ISO on you (“preferably during the night in case I die”) and then died before he could publish it. I’m also slightly concerned by her staunch support of me because of SJ’s leaving. I ... kind of agree with the people who say it’s NAI (@BCH, @Taff, @Supagoof a bit). Real life is real life regardless of alignment. Before I officially joined and learned SJ’s role, I thought he was probably town, but had a slight hope to be a wolf that everyone assumed was town. Nightshroud could have wanted to get lynched, after all. As it turned out, I am indeed a townfolk, but I don’t think I’ve done a great job of proving that. But she also could just be better at reading people than I am (which is definitely true). Other people who think I am town from that interaction are Gac ... we’ll see.
    BCH: Town read. Unless this is an elaborate w/w game between gac and Bat, I don’t think Bat would pick that lie as a wolf. I mean, they could be trying to out the baner by claiming false and forcing a counterclaim. But unless they’re not paying attention to main chat, we had discussed that the only villager who could survive would be Chumley, so a lying wolf would have thought they would get outed a different way. A villager could be lying to protect the actual baner (in the hope they understood and didn’t counterclaim), but then how would BCH have survived? If he’s the one I thought was lying, I hope the real baner lies low and doesn’t counterclaim to stay safe. But also Camula and/or maybe AV has messed with my reading of the situation.
    AV: Town? The only other game I watched she won by being scarily good villager. At the end of that she was kind of burnt out though, so I can understand devoting less to the game than that, either way. Somewhat agree with the people who read AV as real reaction to baner. A wolf could fake that, but if you were trying to fake, you’d be trying harder than 1 post day 2.
    Gac3: Town ... ish? As he himself pointed out, his claim really did not end up helping town at all, and it would make sense for a wolf claim, to either throw shade on BCH or out the baner or Chumley. I don’t actually see a reason for a villager to fake claim that. His insistence on vig posts before his actual claim seems legit, like he’s trying to get advice without actually outing himself. He could have been trying to bait/out the real vig before a fake claim, but he also told the vig not to post until halfway through the day, then posted himself before that, so that seems like he would have waited a bit longer if he were trying to see whether it would be a safe fake claim. If he’s the one I thought was lying ... well ... I don’t think there’s a villager reason to lie, but also Camula and/or maybe AV has messed with my reading of the situation.
    Seandiggersby: No read. Please show up and say something thank you.
    Valmark, Supagoof, Blade, Cao: I have to leave and go be busy with IRL stuff right now so I’ll just post these thoughts now and hopefully come back later.

When is EoD?

15. - Top - End - #255

Now I'm sort of worried both Snow and Val are townies while the wolves are among the less active players, just watching town tear itself apart.
    On this, you and I agree.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNinja View Post

When is EoD?
    I will be at work until Midnight, so assuming I feel any kind of okay then, at that point EOM1 will happen.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-12-29 at 12:03 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I will be at work until Midnight, so assuming I feel any kind of okay then, at that point EOM1 will happen.
    Hey, how glad am I we all have the same timezones :p

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Welp. Apparently coming close to death is a good way to get emotionally invested in a game. I don't have enough time for proper solving between now and EOD, though, so...

Please don't kill me? I mean, I haven't been incredibly towny or killed any wolves (yet) but I don't think there's that much of a case against me and I definitely don't think I deserve to die. I know killing me isn't good for town. Should be able to at least check in in a couple of hours if I need to.

(Working under the assumption that Xihirli is on New York Time since that was what time zone she gave last EOD time in.)

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Please don't kill me? I mean, I haven't been incredibly towny or killed any wolves (yet) but I don't think there's that much of a case against me and I definitely don't think I deserve to die. I know killing me isn't good for town. Should be able to at least check in in a couple of hours if I need to.
    Isn't that pretty much exactly the reason you voted Valmark though? Granted, that doesn't make the case against you any stronger, but still.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Isn't that pretty much exactly the reason you voted Valmark though? Granted, that doesn't make the case against you any stronger, but still.
    Yeah, but I can accurately meta-read Valmark. The person who can accurately meta-read me says I'm town.

- - - Updated - - -

(By which I mean bladescape, if that's not clear.)

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but I can accurately meta-read Valmark. The person who can accurately meta-read me says I'm town.

- - - Updated - - -

(By which I mean bladescape, if that's not clear.)
    Clearly, either you can't or you're a wolf :p

Same for Blade.

(Well yes, there's the option that you're right about me, but for obvious reasons I don't think that's the correct one).

22. - Top - End - #262

Found it. Here's the one that stands out to me that probably lead to Rogan's attack. That, and his claim of being the vig.
    Spoiler: Rogan's post
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Your suggestion of an voting self would result in total destruction. It's not "defender survive, attacker die" but "if the person attacked is defending, nobody dies. If the person attacked is attacking, both die". Pretty straightforward, but with some big problems for adapting this to this setup: how do you determine who is the person attacked? How do you determine if they are attacking or defending?

The mysterious old man is the alpha wolf. At least, that's his picture. Tania is, according to the wiki, another wolf (equivalent).
    The problem with her is, she is not a role described in the recruitment.
    Another problem, it would make this a 7 vs 6 at start of game. Combined with the kind of powers the wolves have, they can't lose this. So that's not what is happening.

I thought about claiming it I am on the list or not, but have chosen otherwise.
    The problem is, anybody claiming not on the list will give the wolves a serious hint at guessing the concrete role. Best case would be, the 4 roles the wolves know are on the list, so they won't know more than town, but if they know more, they will learn more.

Syrus Truesdale - Booster
    Chumley - extra life (night, passive)
    Blair Flannigan - draws one players power on himself
    Ms. Dorothy - gain the ability of a dead townie (permanent)
    Fonda Fontaine - Remove status effects
    Elemental HERO Neos – Watcher
    Elemental HERO Flame Wingman - Lookout
    Winged Kuriboh – Strange Protective power
    Gravekeeper’s Chief - Dead chat access

Oh, wow... I didn't realize how many roles were not mentioned in Xis fluff.

So claiming to be on the list might be more obvious than the other way round. Especially after Taffis Flip, there are only 6 town powers left.

After rereading a bit, I can definitely see why Taffi called Snow and me the wolf dream team. We are not, but I can see why she thought so.

Some few town points lost for snow, but I still think she is town.
    Check her again if blades is wolf.

He strongly suggests Bladescape and Snow pairing, which I can see by the "Blades meta cleared me, and I meta cleared Valmark" which IMO is just them protecting each other.

I'm going to keep the pressure on Snow. I just hope I'm not putting her into a LOW*, I'm just not seeing anything to clear her.

I also don't think Valmark is cleared with the conversation either. So because Book has been quiet, I have Snow/Blades/Valmark as high on my wolf suspects.

*Lens of Wolf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Clearly, either you can't or you're a wolf :p

Same for Blade.

(Well yes, there's the option that you're right about me, but for obvious reasons I don't think that's the correct one).
    (To be more clear, if you're a wolf then it's the same for bladescape).

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

I'm barely paying attention to the game and I'm still seeing Blade and Snow defending each other. I don't really have strong feelings about either one but it's still more than I have against anyone else. Snowblaze is the easier lynch to get right now and should net some info on where to go next.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-12-29 at 07:46 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Time to play my "get out of death free" card, I guess.

I'm the Seer. Or possibly the Fool. One of the Professors, anyway. Scried Wombat as town last night. Don't want to out his role as that gives wolves a lot of information, but if I'm alive tomorrow and you think it's a good idea I will.

See you tomorrow if I'm alive. If I'm not, I leave you with a small pile of salt and all the luck I have left. My legacy is more or less the same as my reads list from last night.

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Time to play my "get out of death free" card, I guess.

I'm the Seer. Or possibly the Fool. One of the Professors, anyway. Scried Wombat as town last night. Don't want to out his role as that gives wolves a lot of information, but if I'm alive tomorrow and you think it's a good idea I will.

See you tomorrow if I'm alive. If I'm not, I leave you with a small pile of salt and all the luck I have left. My legacy is more or less the same as my reads list from last night.
    I actually think this makes a lynch have more sense.

Known facts:
    - You cannot be defended from the wolf kill;
    - If you are the Seer, lynching you is a decent problem;
    ...That's about it.

Possible facts:
    - You're the Devil betting on the fact that neither Fool nor Seer would counterclaim;
    - You're one of the two which means until we can test that out we can't trust the scries;
    - There is a Town role that can sub in for you if you're indeed the Seer;

Ideally, a third person getting lynched would be better- as such I'm gonna vote for bladescape since wether they are a wolf or a town tunneling hard it's still an issue. That said, with the existence of Dorothy and knowing you can't be defended either way (tonight) I'm not actually opposed to lynching you.

Of course only Dorothy (WHICH SHOULDN'T CLAIM IF POSSIBLE) can know if the role's in play, but it's also true that we've got no way to know if you're the Devil, Fool or Seer.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-12-29 at 05:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

Well crud. Do I trust Snow, or did we find the devil trying to escape death? Saying she scried Book as town isn't much help since I don't have a read on him due to NAI.

I'll swing the vote back to Valmark for now. I'll probably regret this.

Updated post count.
    Point Count:
    Valmark 4 - (CaoimhinTheCape, Snowblaze, Bladescape, Supagoof)
    bladescape 1 - (Valmark)
    Snowblaze 3 - (Gac3, BatCatHat, AvatarVecna)
    No vote yet 3 - (Book Wombat, JNinja, Seandiggersby)

- - - Updated - - -

Valmark - if you think that Snow isn't the seer, why are you not adding to her bandwagon?

Voting for Blades as a 3rd at this point seems off, since it does nothing to help you get away from the noose.
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2021-12-29 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Edited post counts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Well crud. Do I trust Snow, or did we find the devil trying to escape death? Saying she scried Book as town isn't much help since I don't have a read on him due to NAI.
    This makes me vary of trusting her claim and I'm also questioning why she'd scry BW. On one hand, scrying someone you can't get a read on is reasonable, on the other there would likely be a bunch of people like that for a towny Snow and it seems kinda odd she didn't pick someone more active that would've been more helpful as town or more dangerous as wolf.

It's not impossible she's being honest, but I'm keeping my vote where it is for now. (Though I too might regret my choice).
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-12-29 at 03:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

I'll swing the vote back to Valmark for now. I'll probably regret this.

Updated post count.
    Point Count:
    Valmark 4 - (CaoimhinTheCape, Snowblaze, Bladescape, Supagoof)
    bladescape 1 - (Valmark)
    Snowblaze 3 - (Gac3, BatCatHat, AvatarVecna)
    No vote yet 3 - (Book Wombat, JNinja, Seandiggersby)
    *Takes a look at the time remaining*

You know, I wouldn't mind an help lynching a third person that isn't the potential Devil/Seer/Fool or myself :p

I will vote myself out if it looks like it's gonna end with a Snow lynch if that's what you're worried about, I should he around for like five more hours (and the end of the Phase isn't gonna happen before then if I understood the deadline correctly).

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Valmark should vote snow and we should test this tie theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignore that. Missed the seer claim.