New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Banned

Default Re: GitP Regulars as Elder Evils!

Oh yeah, I give permission for any future thread you do as well.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    That's pretty sweet Sir Weasel. I've updated my extended signature with this as well!

Agreed. Now you are forever immortalized in my signature as well.
    Emphasis mine, bolded...

Was I just Knighted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Oh. Well, since we've clarified that.

While you may beat me in a fight, you will never truly destroy me. For I've the durability of the tankiest, most resilient, and most indestructible soul in existence.
    Spoiler: For Dramatic Effect
    Show
    MAKO MANKANSHOKU!

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    No rush. I was referring to the founding of the order of tormlets. Even though I'll never get credit for it
    You did indeed help me out. I'd have never actually made a badge if it were not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    Was I just Knighted?
    *pulls out Large +5 Cold Iron Holy Avenger and touches WeaselGuy's shoulders with it* ... yes.

Edit:
    While we are just sitting here waiting for entries, can anyone explain to me what "PEACH" stands for?
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-20 at 03:08 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

You did indeed help me out. I'd have never actually made a badge if it were not for you.
    You probably shouldn't tell the Tormlets that you had to consult with a Warder to come up with the idea to make badges for them.

*pulls out Large +5 Cold Iron Holy Avenger and touches WeaselGuy's shoulders with it* ... yes.
    Don't you need to be a King or a Queen to knight someone? At least a Duke or something.

5. - Top - End - #215

Kobold

Edit:
    While we are just sitting here waiting for entries, can anyone explain to me what "PEACH" stands for?
    1. Sweet...
    2. "Please Examine And Comment Honestly", I think...
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-05-20 at 03:12 PM.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Oh yeah, I give permission for any future thread you do as well.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

I, Masterkerfuffle give permission.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to jump on the laziness bandwagon and permanently grant permission to myself to be used as inspiration for a creation on any future threads of this series. I think I'm a permanent enough fixture around these parts, despite Snowbluff trying to off me every five minutes.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

9. - Top - End - #219

1. Sweet...
    2. "Please Examine And Comment Honestly", I think...
    Thank you Sir Weasel! I've been wondering for some time now.

10. - Top - End - #220

Well, here's my go at it:

I am totally stealing Red Fel's format for this.

Illius, the Broken Chord

There are those in this world who search for perfection - for the sublime beauty upon which nothing can improved. It is a noble cause, and consumes lifetimes of study and mastery. Eventually, it may be found, and is treated as a paragon of all that is good and right in its discipline. It shouldn't be so surprising that there exists a Paragon of Flaws, then. But somehow, it always is.

It began, of course, with a bard.

Milenia ago, when the first powers of magic were being discovered, a wandering minstrel by the name of Illyahr began to notice that his music was having an effect on those who paused to listen. He realized that this wasn't some mere fascination, or adoration, but rather than his songs plucked the heartstrings of his crowds and could magically alter their perceptions and beliefs. Pursuing his study further, he discovered the means to whisper sweet suggestions in the ears of the masses, and through this method conscripted populations to find their most talented performers and send them to him for study. Illyahr imparted his initial teachings unto them, and so founded the bardic tradition.

Throughout his lifetime, he saw this new power spread far and wide across the continents, and was content with the growth of his discovery. He founded a great school where those of the highest caliber - like himself - could tease out new secrets from the craft. Discovering greater and greater performances, Illyahr's ambition began to reach higher and further than those of his colleagues. He quickly outstripped their skill with discovery, making dozens of refinements to the craft in the same time that they would produce one. And eventually he asked, "What is the perfect chord?"

That day marked a dramatic change in the master bard. He closed himself off from the outside world, secluding himself with his instruments and notes, and sought to find the resonant frequency of the universe, from which all other sound is born. His friends would stop and listen by his tower, as soul-wrenchingly beautiful notes poured out of his window, only to be paused halfway through with cursing and cries of, "No, no, that's the wrong sound entirely!" Years passed, and eventually the school fell into disrepair and the others left to found their own places of learning or accept great positions of acclaim throughout the lands.

Illyahr began to be known as a crazy hermit rather than a brilliant teacher, and in a fashion similar to his reputation his mind began to degrade as well. His passion turned to obsession, and he would forgo food or water for days when tuning a new chord. Nearing the end of his life, his body emaciated and weak, he had a sudden flash of inspiration. He returned his fingers to the strings one final time, readied his hands, and struck his last chord. And everything trembled at its majesty and perfection. The chord rolled over the land, and all other noise ceased and every person turned to face the direction of its origin, knowing that Illyahr had succeeded. The beauty and relief flooding the aged bard was too much for his old heart to handle, and he died happy on the spot. It was a shame, really, then that in his death one finger twitched and an imperfection was added to the sublime chord. Ah, but mortals can only withstand so much...

That one flaw corrupted the Perfect Chord, and in its corruption it called upon the energies of the Far Realms. The broken note took the form of a massive incorporeal swarm, repeating its flawed notes over and over in attempt to return to perfection, instead falling further and further into dissonance and degradation. Named for its creator, Illius now seeks to have its discordant chords played and voiced throughout the multiverse, to corrupt it and become its new resonant frequency.

Goals:

Illius seeks to cripple and bend the universe to match its own twisted self.

Sign:
    Echoes of Corruption
    Living beings begin to voice the Broken Chord, becoming twisted and broken.

Effects:
    Faint:A quiet echo at the base of the skull. Living creatures must make a Will Save (DC 5) every hour or start humming the tune. This does not impede talking or spellcasting, and lasts until the save is made. Living creatures must make an additional Will Save (DC 2) each day or suffer a -1 morale penalty on all rolls due to the distracting background noise.

Moderate: The echo crescendos. The Save DC to avoid humming increases to 10, and while humming spellcasters must make a DC 15 Concentration check to cast a spell with a Somatic component. The Save DC against the morale penalty increases to 5 and the penalty increased to -2.

Strong: The chord reverberates. The humming changes to singing, and the Save DC to avoid it increases to 15. While singing the Broken Chord, attempting to talk requires a DC 15 Concentration check or everything comes out as the Chord. While singing, the Concentration check DC to cast spells with somatic components increases to 25. If a living creature fails every Will Save against singing in a single day, it gains the Aberration Subtype until it makes every Will Save against singing in a single day. They are still treated as though they had their originla type and subtype. Those with the Aberration subtype automatically fail the saves against the morale penalties. The Save DC against the morale penalty increases to 12 and the penalty increases to -3.

Overwhelming: The chord resounds. The singing changes to shouting, and the Save DC to avoid it increases .to 20. While shouting the Broken Chord, attempting to talk requires a DC 20 Concentration check or everything comes out as the Chord. While shouting, the Concentration check DC to cast spells with somatic components increases to 35. Aberrations who fail their every save against shouting for an entire day go Insane. The Save DC against the moral penalty increases to 15 and the morale penalty increases to -4.

Malefic Property:
    In addition to the normal malefic property common to all Elder Evils, Illius has Cosmic Dissonance.

Cosmic Dissonance: Any living creature with the within the range of this Malefic Property is ripped apart by the discordant noise. Such a creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Illius' HD + Illius' Charisma modifier) or become Confused by the maddening noise. A creature that saves against this effect is immune to the dissonance for the next hour. A Confused creature instead becomes Insane. An Insane creature dies.

Any creature within range of this Malefic Property must save against this ability every 10 rounds. If they successfully save against it, you are immune to the effect for the next 10 minutes but do not remove any lesser effects inflicted by this effect.

Traits/Tactics/Etc
    Illius still believes itself to be the Perfect Chord, and will attempt to reach out first to the minds of the greatest Bards to share itself with them when its Faint sign manifests. Illius will manifest itself on the Ethereal Plane when its Strong Sign appears, and it will generally move towards the largest population centers of a region. It does not concern itself with strategy, and is largely unthinking in its pursuit of its goals.

11. - Top - End - #221

Kobold

Thank you Sir Weasel! I've been wondering for some time now.
    No problem. I googled it
    My Extended Sig!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know if I've garnered much of a reputation on the boards yet, but if anyone wants to take a stab at it, you've got my permission: AvatarVecna. Can I haz Elder Evil?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2015-05-20 at 04:50 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

While you may beat me in a fight, you will never truly destroy me. For I've the durability of the tankiest, most resilient, and most indestructible soul in existence.
    Spoiler: For Dramatic Effect
    Show
    MAKO MANKANSHOKU!
    ... But... But...

Her... Her power... It's...

Yes. That. It's that.

Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Swordsage'd by a Weasel. How demeaning.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

"Please Examine And Comment Honestly", I think...
    I think there's some others, but they all boil down to something like that.

"Please Examine and (Comment/Critique) (Honestly/Helpfully)", just to name three other examples off the top of my head.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    ... But... But...

<new gif to add to my repertoire>

Her... Her power... It's...

<over 9,000 gif>

Yes. That. It's that.
    I love her, she is hands down my favorite character from KlK. Followed closely by Ira. Plus, with those stats (and a decent headband of intellect) she would make an excellent Paladin!
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-20 at 03:29 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I love her, she is hands down my favorite character from KlK. Followed closely by Ira. Plus, with those stats (and a decent headband of intellect) she would make an excellent Paladin!
    Considering how MAD paladins are, she'd probably need all those stats just to make a build work.

17. - Top - End - #227

Considering how MAD paladins are, she'd probably need all those stats just to make a build work.
    That was definitely my point!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

That was definitely my point!
    She'd be an even better monk. Just saying. And she does fight unarmed, too, so that's something.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    She'd be an even better monk. Just saying. And she does fight unarmed, too, so that's something.
    She is clearly wearing glamered armor. Which means she can't be a monk!
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-20 at 04:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

She is clearly wearing glamered armor. Which means she can't be a monk!
    Nah, that's obviously a set of Monk's Robes. They enchance her unarmed strikes and general physical stats.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Tadkins

Deep within the earth gems and crystals form. These gems bring great wealth to the dwarven halls, their beauty and rarity making them many times more valuable than gold. Yet, dwarves talk with fear at times of spirits within the deepest mines, spirits of greed and avarice which live in the gems and plot against the miners. (Kno Dungeoneering DC 18). These gem spirits are real, fell sentiences which awaken within the stone. They use their mental powers to compel those who lay claim to their gems and lead them towards over indulgence, avarice, and greed. The dwarves controlled by these gemstones stray further and further from the dwarven ideals of behavior. The deep dwarves and duergar have long traditions put into place to find and destroy these gems fearing their influence on the minds of their kind. (Kno Dungeoneering DC 21). Whispers tell, though, that these gem spirits have other goals. They lead those influenced by them to seek for something, something deep within the ground, deep and secret. These dwarves lead expeditions for more, digging deeper, digging more greedily. Those held under the sway of these stones longest go completely mad becoming shells of their former selves, unable to talk, unable to think properly, fleeing into the Underdark (Kno Dungeoneering DC 26). These gems do not merely affect dwarves, though it is rare for another surface race to dig so deeply. The deeper one digs, however, the more of these gems you will find. In some deep caves these gems have even formed hulking, brutish monsters similar to elementals or constructs, ranging in size from about the size of ogres to the size of true giants. Those compelled by the gems often dig these Avarice Hulks free (Kno Dungeoneering DC 31). They seek something else, however, as the gems are drawn to concentrations of their own kind. While the Avarice Hulks attract them, their true quest is for something else. According to the illithid savant Hors'velgothos all of these gems have a single progenitor, an ancient evil which they seek to be reunited with and to free (Kno Dungeoneering DC 35). This progenitor, called Tadkins by the illithid sages, rests deep within the earth, sealed there by the gods during the forging of the world before they sealed their own powers as a truce to allow the world to exist. Tadkins is an ancient entity of greed and avarice whose desire would have threatened to consume the world and who would have ended the game of reality too soon if allowed to run free. (Kno Dungeoneering DC 38). In truth Tadkins was once a Solar, a being who could have become a god, but chose to serve instead. However even the solars were not without corruption. An unknown baernaloth (some claim it was Daru Ib Shamiq who is known to have corrupted a solar, some claim it was Red Fel, though other names are claimed as well) met with Tadkins whispering of the potential for power and glory. Neither of these tempted the angel, though. That was when the baernaloth took another tack, and whispered to Tadkins of the beauty of Creation, the wonders that the gods and angels had forged, the gems, the flowers. Tadkins was tempted, and covetous took root in his heart. Tadkins tried to claim creation for himself, taking all that he could find of beauty and hording it. The gods acted swiftly. Tadkins was a Solar, a being integral to reality. They could have destroyed him, but to do so would have forever marred the half-formed Creation. Instead they sealed him in the Prime, trapped forever in the earth, his form that of a gem he had coveted so. (Kno Dungeoneering DC 44).

Goals

The progenitor is a creature of avarice, greed, and covetous. It would lay claim to all that it can, like a dragon and its claim to a hoard. (Kno Dungeoneering DC 35) Tadkins' desire would not see him destroy the Prime, but rule it as an eternal king. He would rule over all things of beauty, destroying all that which does not meet his aesthetic requirements, and keeping all that does as his own toys and baubles. (Kno Dungeoneering DC 38) Tadkins would see himself usurp the gods who sealed him away, becoming eternal god-emperor of the world. He would bind men to him through their greed. (Kno Dungeoneering DC 44) Tadkins' greed will infect the world however, and whether he wishes it or not his presence will render it all but uninhabitable to life. Even should he succeed he will freeze the world into eternal stasis, nothing new to be created for fear that it would reduce the beauty that there is. And Beauty is the epitome of Good. (Kno Dungeoneering DC 47).

Sign

World of Wealth

It started with old mines filling with new gems, with gold and natural treasure forming across the world. Wealth flowed into coffers, though it was not long before they were worth less and less. But we could live with that, it was when the plants of the field began to grow gems as fruit, when the rivers ran with sapphires that terror set in.

Faint: Gemstones and precious metals begin to form throughout the world. They become significantly more common, reducing the value of individual gems and coins to 2/3rds their normal value due to inflation; this also reduces the cost of alchemical silver.

Moderate: Gemstones and precious metals are much more common throughout the world; coins and gems become worth only 1/3rd their normal value (this also applies to the cost of alchemical silver).

Strong: Gemstones are valueless as currency, precious metals are worth 1/50th their normal value. Dead organisms turn into gemstones within 1d3 days unless gentle repose or similar magic is used to prevent this change, making raise dead and resurrection difficult. Corporeal undead begin to transform into gemstones as well, their speed being halved, losing any non-supernatural flight they may possess, suffering a -4 penalty to Dexterity, and gaining +6 natural armor and DR 1/2 their hit dice overcome by adamantine.

Overwhelming: Non-flowering plants begin to turn to gemstone. Flowering plants turn to gemstone in full flower. Rivers and streams turn to gemstone in their flow. The ground itself turns to gold and silver. This is thankfully not an absolute effect. The gemstone effect happens more quickly, taking a mere 1d4 rounds after death and can even happen to dying creatures. Any dying creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 20) each round or be killed and turned to gemstone instantaneously. Fresh water and food becomes more valuable than gold.

Malefic Property

Impervious to the Divine
    Due to his nature as a fallen solar Tadkins has this malefic property found on page 15 of Elder Evils, Avarice Spawn, Avarice Hulks, and Avarice Gems within the area of this malefic property also benefit from it.

Traits/Tactics/Etc

Tadkins takes the form of a giant dragon made of gemstones. When the first miners grow close to his prison his sign begins to manifest, the miners being compelled to continue by the stones that already have taken root of their mind. Avarice Hulks flock to this dig to protect it from interference, but others set forth across the world to enslave more and more miners now that the final seal is approaching release. They will mainly take these slaves from Underdark communities. At this time those creatures which fell too deeply under an Avarice Gem's effect will congregate to act as guards as well, while others emerge from the Underdark mindlessly attacking everything in their path (this is not an intentional effect, simply madness on their part). These creatures have the Avarice Spawn template. When Tadkins is first freed from his imprisonment (sign becomes Strong) he does not immediately begin to act, instead consolidating his own personal power and learning the limits of his new form, as well as waging war on the Underdark. During this time he is weaker than when he is ready to emerge to the surface (overwhelming sign) and declare himself god. Tadkins is similar mechanically to a luster dragon, except he has the Outsider type instead of Dragon type, a suite of mind-affecting abilities, immunity to mind-affecting effects, Elder Evil traits (including Malefic Property), and possibly a few other unique features.

I pretty much based that purely on the thing in his sig. And the Volsunga Saga/Lord of the Rings.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

22. - Top - End - #232

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dromuthra View Post
    Well, here's my go at it:

I am totally stealing Red Fel's format for this.

Spoiler: Illius
    Show
    Illius, the Broken Chord

There are those in this world who search for perfection - for the sublime beauty upon which nothing can improved. It is a noble cause, and consumes lifetimes of study and mastery. Eventually, it may be found, and is treated as a paragon of all that is good and right in its discipline. It shouldn't be so surprising that there exists a Paragon of Flaws, then. But somehow, it always is.

It began, of course, with a bard.

Milenia ago, when the first powers of magic were being discovered, a wandering minstrel by the name of Illyahr began to notice that his music was having an effect on those who paused to listen. He realized that this wasn't some mere fascination, or adoration, but rather than his songs plucked the heartstrings of his crowds and could magically alter their perceptions and beliefs. Pursuing his study further, he discovered the means to whisper sweet suggestions in the ears of the masses, and through this method conscripted populations to find their most talented performers and send them to him for study. Illyahr imparted his initial teachings unto them, and so founded the bardic tradition.

Throughout his lifetime, he saw this new power spread far and wide across the continents, and was content with the growth of his discovery. He founded a great school where those of the highest caliber - like himself - could tease out new secrets from the craft. Discovering greater and greater performances, Illyahr's ambition began to reach higher and further than those of his colleagues. He quickly outstripped their skill with discovery, making dozens of refinements to the craft in the same time that they would produce one. And eventually he asked, "What is the perfect chord?"

That day marked a dramatic change in the master bard. He closed himself off from the outside world, secluding himself with his instruments and notes, and sought to find the resonant frequency of the universe, from which all other sound is born. His friends would stop and listen by his tower, as soul-wrenchingly beautiful notes poured out of his window, only to be paused halfway through with cursing and cries of, "No, no, that's the wrong sound entirely!" Years passed, and eventually the school fell into disrepair and the others left to found their own places of learning or accept great positions of acclaim throughout the lands.

Illyahr began to be known as a crazy hermit rather than a brilliant teacher, and in a fashion similar to his reputation his mind began to degrade as well. His passion turned to obsession, and he would forgo food or water for days when tuning a new chord. Nearing the end of his life, his body emaciated and weak, he had a sudden flash of inspiration. He returned his fingers to the strings one final time, readied his hands, and struck his last chord. And everything trembled at its majesty and perfection. The chord rolled over the land, and all other noise ceased and every person turned to face the direction of its origin, knowing that Illyahr had succeeded. The beauty and relief flooding the aged bard was too much for his old heart to handle, and he died happy on the spot. It was a shame, really, then that in his death one finger twitched and an imperfection was added to the sublime chord. Ah, but mortals can only withstand so much...

That one flaw corrupted the Perfect Chord, and in its corruption it called upon the energies of the Far Realms. The broken note took the form of a massive incorporeal swarm, repeating its flawed notes over and over in attempt to return to perfection, instead falling further and further into dissonance and degradation. Named for its creator, Illius now seeks to have its discordant chords played and voiced throughout the multiverse, to corrupt it and become its new resonant frequency.

Goals:

Illius seeks to cripple and bend the universe to match its own twisted self.

Sign:
    Echoes of Corruption
    Living beings begin to voice the Broken Chord, becoming twisted and broken.

Effects:
    Faint:A quiet echo at the base of the skull. Living creatures must make a Will Save (DC 5) every hour or start humming the tune. This does not impede talking or spellcasting, and lasts until the save is made. Living creatures must make an additional Will Save (DC 2) each day or suffer a -1 morale penalty on all rolls due to the distracting background noise.

Moderate: The echo crescendos. The Save DC to avoid humming increases to 10, and while humming spellcasters must make a DC 15 Concentration check to cast a spell with a Somatic component. The Save DC against the morale penalty increases to 5 and the penalty increased to -2.

Strong: The chord reverberates. The humming changes to singing, and the Save DC to avoid it increases to 15. While singing the Broken Chord, attempting to talk requires a DC 15 Concentration check or everything comes out as the Chord. While singing, the Concentration check DC to cast spells with somatic components increases to 25. If a living creature fails every Will Save against singing in a single day, it gains the Aberration Subtype until it makes every Will Save against singing in a single day. They are still treated as though they had their originla type and subtype. Those with the Aberration subtype automatically fail the saves against the morale penalties. The Save DC against the morale penalty increases to 12 and the penalty increases to -3.

Overwhelming: The chord resounds. The singing changes to shouting, and the Save DC to avoid it increases .to 20. While shouting the Broken Chord, attempting to talk requires a DC 20 Concentration check or everything comes out as the Chord. While shouting, the Concentration check DC to cast spells with somatic components increases to 35. Aberrations who fail their every save against shouting for an entire day go Insane. The Save DC against the moral penalty increases to 15 and the morale penalty increases to -4.

Malefic Property:
    In addition to the normal malefic property common to all Elder Evils, Illius has Cosmic Dissonance.

Cosmic Dissonance: Any living creature with the within the range of this Malefic Property is ripped apart by the discordant noise. Such a creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Illius' HD + Illius' Charisma modifier) or become Confused by the maddening noise. A creature that saves against this effect is immune to the dissonance for the next hour. A Confused creature instead becomes Insane. An Insane creature dies.

Any creature within range of this Malefic Property must save against this ability every 10 rounds. If they successfully save against it, you are immune to the effect for the next 10 minutes but do not remove any lesser effects inflicted by this effect.

Traits/Tactics/Etc
    Illius still believes itself to be the Perfect Chord, and will attempt to reach out first to the minds of the greatest Bards to share itself with them when its Faint sign manifests. Illius will manifest itself on the Ethereal Plane when its Strong Sign appears, and it will generally move towards the largest population centers of a region. It does not concern itself with strategy, and is largely unthinking in its pursuit of its goals.
    Holy crap, this is awesome!!
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Tadkins

-Snippity-
    I actually had a character who wouldn't entirely mind this, despite being an elf. He was also a level 25 tristalt, so it wouldn't even bother him that much if he ever needed to get food or such. He was a mage fluffed around crystals and was completely awesome to build.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES!

I, thealtruistorc, grant my official permission to be transformed into an Elder Evil. I foresee strange things in my future.
    Last edited by Thealtruistorc; 2015-05-20 at 04:48 PM.
    Dark Green, the color of Chaotic Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Altruistorc is leaving me deeply disturbed and intrigued at the same time...

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Since I missed it the first go-round, I, Leliel, am perma-granting permission.

Again, my screen name comes from the angel of nightfall and means "Jaw of God" in Hebrew.
    Last edited by Leliel; 2015-05-20 at 05:02 PM.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

So I think from now on if a baernaloth is suspected of doing something, I'm going to have to add "possibly Red Fel".

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I actually had a character who wouldn't entirely mind this, despite being an elf. He was also a level 25 tristalt, so it wouldn't even bother him that much if he ever needed to get food or such. He was a mage fluffed around crystals and was completely awesome to build.
    Well yes high level adventurers can shrug it off. Evil ones might even agree in exchange for a place of power in the new world order. But most people are going to care that 99.9999% of their species will starve to death. Not every elder evil has to literally unmake creation

Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I, Masterkerfuffle give permission.
    I'm going to skip this one because I'd just make you Skeletor. Just Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    Since I missed it the first go-round, I, Leliel, am perma-granting permission.

Again, my screen name comes from the angel of nightfall and means "Jaw of God" in Hebrew.
    I'm going to skip this one because I've just watched the season of Supernatural with the Leviathans and it would end badly.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Well yes high level adventurers can shrug it off. Evil ones might even agree in exchange for a place of power in the new world order. But most people are going to care that 99.9999% of their species will starve to death. Not every elder evil has to literally unmake creation
    I meant he'd be fine with the world turning into crystals, not everyone dying. He'd probably just start making Demiplanes and moving people (important to him, at least, he's TN with CG tendencies) into them.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Holy crap, this is awesome!!
    Glad you like it! I play a high level bard in a LARP, and love music, so when I saw the request I just had to do it. :D

29. - Top - End - #239

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

The thread originally made because some of us wanted to talk about anime, but is essentially the digital manifestation of derailment? That's here.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me