New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Ho ho ho, Merry Snowbluff Day.

Which was over a month ago. November 17th if anyone is wondering. Miss it at your own peril.

So, what do we have here?

Me setting this up before the last few days of the holidays get me too busy.

The point of this thread is the gifts that keep on giving, as gifts to each other. Diseases that lasts for days to poisons that last about a minute. Model them after your friends, btu make sure we have permission first! Spread this like the plague!

Shout out to Xuldarinar for the poisons idea!

Permapermissions thread (PM the person if you use these)

Permissions:

Awful Stuff:

Hoarding Disease (Draconium)
    Yandere-itis (Snowbluff)
    Divine Affliction (LoyalPaladin)
    Phoenix Fever (NeoPhoenix0)
    Flower Venom (Snowbluff)
    Artist Bane (Marlowe)
    Torm's Malady (LoyalPaladin)
    Draconium Fever (Draconium)
    The Clap (Bards, Illyahr?)
    Fel Blight (Red Fel)
    Twisttongue (Jormengand)
    Curse Mind (Jormengand)
    Shadepox (Xuldarinar)
    Rubbleskin (unseenmage)
    Fiddle Stick's Disease (Amphetryon)
    Ink Toxin (VirusInk)
    Inked Virus (VirusInk)
    Infected Ink (VirusInk)
    Paper Eating Ink (VirusInk)
    Necrotic Plague (Marlowe)
    Wight's Blessing (Marlowe)
    Virulent Absinthe (Socratov)
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-01-04 at 11:03 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages

I give permission!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages

I love that new thread smell in the morning. Or evening, for where I'm at.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Hoarding Disease

This magical disease is caused by digging around an improperly disinfected dragon hoard.

Stats: Contact, Fortitude DC 26*, incubation period 1d3 days, damage 1d2 wisdom. The DC is Constitution based.

Additionally, the creature must make a DC 24 Will Save* when it sees an unattended item worth 1000gp or more. If it fails, the creature will attempt to take or steal the item to add it to his hoard. This is an enchantment effect in addition to a disease based effect. The DC is Charisma based.

*= Assumes Adult Red Dragon. The DC is based on the stats of the dragon who owned the infected hoard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I give permission!
    Glad to have you back. Gratz on the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    I love that new thread smell in the morning. Or evening, for where I'm at.
    You need to get out more.

When was the last time you were outside of your cave?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-12-23 at 12:10 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad to see this is up and running. Nothing quite like something you can slip into somebody's eggnog or give while beneath the mistletoe to get one into the festive spirit.

If I may, there is one thing missing from the list that would have -just- fit. The exalted version of diseases; afflictions. Not that it matters -that- much. How many good aligned people here would want something along the lines of a disease in their honor?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Glad to see this is up and running. Nothing quite like something you can slip into somebody's eggnog or give while beneath the mistletoe to get one into the festive spirit.
    Please don't poison the eggnog with any "afflictions" or "positoxins" or "ravages."

No reason in particular just don't do it.
    If I may, there is one thing missing from the list that would have -just- fit. The exalted version of diseases; afflictions. Not that it matters -that- much. How many good aligned people here would want something along the lines of a disease in their honor?
    Pfft it was there all along.
    >.>
    <.<
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-12-23 at 01:03 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as things that should be added to eggnog

Please don't poison the eggnog with any "afflictions" or "positoxins" or "ravages."

No reason in particular just don't do it.
    Alright... I won't..

Pfft it was there all along.
    >.>
    <.<
    I believe you.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Yandere-itis

This magical disease affects those who harbor feelings of unrequited love for another.

Stats: Inhaled, Fortitude DC 30, incubation period 1d2 days, Damage 1d4 Wisdom. When damaged, the victim must make another saving throw, or one point of that damage is permanent drain instead.

Additionally, the victim is treated as if under a permanent Charm Person spell towards the object of their affection, except their attitude is treated as Fanatic, and they are always treated as Hostile towards other creatures the desired creature seems attracted to, even if they would normally be subject to an effect that would change their attitude.

Just a quick little thing I whipped up for Snowbluff.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

I believe you.
    Good.
    Yandere-itis

This magical disease affects those who harbor feelings of unrequited love for another.

Stats: Inhaled, Fortitude DC 30, incubation period 1d2 days, Damage 1d4 Wisdom. When damaged, the victim must make another saving throw, or one point of that damage is permanent drain instead.

Additionally, the victim is treated as if under a permanent Charm Person spell towards the object of their affection, except their attitude is treated as Fanatic, and they are always treated as Hostile towards other creatures the desired creature seems attracted to, even if they would normally be subject to an effect that would change their attitude.

Finally an excuse to use this:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as things Xuldarinar has added to the eggnog

Yandere-itis

..Now I want to see that given to the main villain of a campaign, and its focused on a party member. It could be a lot of fun to watch.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

..Now I want to see that given to the main villain of a campaign, and its focused on a party member. It could be a lot of fun to watch.
    ... I feel ashamed for not considering this possibility myself until now. I'm totally going to use that now, though. (My group's generally good sports, so I think we'd all get a kick out of it.)

Extended Signature Link

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

... I feel ashamed for not considering this possibility myself until now. I'm totally going to use that now, though. (My group's generally good sports, so I think we'd all get a kick out of it.)
    Sounds like a nightmare.

Do you like my dragon disease?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds like a nightmare.

I rather like it. It could make looting dragon hoards a lot more interesting, but so could a lot of unpleasantness being added.

For what ever reason, this reminded me of something. I've discussed with someone an interesting notion relating to dragons and their hoards. That some dragons may not keep treasure for any sense of greed, but that laying in it and moving through it relieves some discomfort bestowed upon the dragon by its scales. Health reasons. If it were for health, and if the hoard isn't well kept, it certainly could cause problems. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2015-12-23 at 01:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds like a nightmare.

Yes, in fact, I do. Let it stand as a lesson to all adventurers - while it's always a bad idea to steal from dragons, it is a horrendous idea to steal from those who are so horrible to keeping out pests, you actually managed to reach the hoard!

Extended Signature Link

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Which was over a month ago. November 17th if anyone is wondering. Miss it at your own peril.
    I swear the present blew up prematurely en-route... possibly with a shipment center...

This is for LP

Divine affliction

This affliction is most commonly found at churches, missionaries, church run orphanages and schools, and occasionally near sufficiently holy individuals. It seems to be caused by speeches of some divine casters who act as carriers.

stats: Inhaled, Fortitude DC 20, incubation period 1 day, damage 1d6 wisdom

Additionally, when put in a position to do something stupid (such as sacrificing themselves) for the good of others they must succeed on a dc 16 will save or they will always choose to do so, unless an easier and at least as beneficial solution is offered instead.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-12-23 at 06:00 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Yaaay this sounds like fun!

Here's one for NeoPhoenix!

Phoenix Fever

Acquired from handling fire-based magical creatures without special protection

Fort DC 18; incubation 1 day; 1 CON damage/day (can't be restored without removing the disease), each time you take damage from any source, you also take 2d6 fire damage; if you are slain, your body bursts into flames, dealing 1d6/HD damage to all targets within 10 feet (DC 14 Ref half), if anyone took damage, they must succeed on the Fort save or contract Phoenix Fever.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey Neo! I got your PM, let's see wha-

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Divine affliction

This affliction is most commonly found at churches, missionaries, church run orphanages and schools, and occasionally near sufficiently holy individuals. It seems to be caused by speeches of some divine casters who act as carriers.

stats: Inhaled, Fortitude DC 20, incubation period 1 day, damage 1d6 wisdom

Additionally, when put in a position to do something stupid (such as sacrificing themselves) for the good of others they must succeed on a dc 16 will save or they will always choose to do so, unless an easier and at least as beneficial solution is offered instead.
    Thanks, Neo. That's really... thoughful. Haha.

Edit:
    I always get really cool things from you all on these threads, even when I am late to them. I can also always expect Neo to make something funny and slightly tongue-in-cheek about paladins and their ilk.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-12-23 at 11:25 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I rather like it. It could make looting dragon hoards a lot more interesting, but so could a lot of unpleasantness being added.
    Yes, in fact, I do. Let it stand as a lesson to all adventurers - while it's always a bad idea to steal from dragons, it is a horrendous idea to steal from those who are so horrible to keeping out pests, you actually managed to reach the hoard!
    Dragons can have it, too. This makes Snowbluff Day parties very difficult, sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I swear the present blew up prematurely en-route... possibly with a shipment center...
    Well, that's gift enough for me. It's the arson that counts, I guess.

Could have at least given me footage, though.

19. - Top - End - #19

Flower Venom or "Snowbluff's Ichor"
    Number of Doses: 1 (6 parts)
    Type: Inhaled
    Onset: 3-5 minutes
    Damage/Result: -1d4 int, +1d8 cha, -2d4 wis if fail, death if save DC 28
    Frequency of Active Ingredient: Rare
    Cost per Dose: 34,000 gp

This poison is made from a rare flower in the feywild. It has a thick texture and looks like liquid gold. Those strong enough to resist find themselves lucky to meet death, for those who are not strong enough become increasingly charming but prone to mood swings that often have violent undertones. There is no known cure for "Snowbluff's Ichor", but it is resistant to magic effects such as neutralize poison.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Flower Venom or "Snowbluff's Ichor"
    Number of Doses: 1 (6 parts)
    Type: Inhaled
    Onset: 3-5 minutes
    Damage/Result: -1d4 int, +1d8 cha, -2d4 wis if fail, death if save DC 28
    Frequency of Active Ingredient: Rare
    Cost per Dose: 34,000 gp

This poison is made from a rare flower in the feywild. It has a thick texture and looks like liquid gold. Those strong enough to resist find themselves lucky to meet death, for those who are not strong enough become increasingly charming but prone to mood swings that often have violent undertones. There is no known cure for "Snowbluff's Ichor", but it is resistant to magic effects such as neutralize poison.
    Wait, you die if you succeed your save? o.0

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh this looks like fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground

Glad to have you back. Gratz on the win.
    Thanks

Hmm. For Marlowe

Artist bane.

Stats Magical. Fortitude save DC 14. Incubation period 1 day. Damage Special see below.

Most times when an artist loses their muse, they will recycle the same plots over and over again. Eventually they will return to normal, and if they still have patrons, to work.

These are the lucky ones. The unlucky ones succumb to Artist bane.

These unlucky souls find that they lose most of their abilities with figment spells. They are only able to craft the illusion of one specific creature. Typically an outsider or humanoid. They will find themselves incapable of doing anything but copying and pasting this image. They can make multiple copies of this creature with one illusion spell if the spell allows multiple images.

Artists bane can only be cured by magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

23. - Top - End - #23

Spoiler: ...but it's a WRITING Project.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Paladin-sensei, i think i have something you will like a bit more

Torm's malady

Stats: contact, incubation period 7-14 days, damage varies, fortitude dc 16

if you are of good alignment you gain a +1 wis bonus instead of stat damage, this bonus increases by 1 every day you have the disease and goes away when you are cured. If you are evil it instead does 1d3 wis damage. people with a morally neutral alignment are not damaged while afflicted with Torm's malady. This disease is automatically cured after 5 days. If it was automatically cured and you are a divine caster of Torm your inherent wis bonus increased by 1 to a maximum of 5. If it was automatically cured and you are an evil divine caster you take 1d3 wis drain.

Nobody knows whether Torm's malady was a miracle of Torm or created in some laboratory but it seems to have some direct connection to the divine and was definitely created to help the follower's of Torm. It's long incubation period can catch many villains off guard.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-12-24 at 03:04 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Hahaha!

Good progress, vertebrates.

The hour is nigh, but remember to renounce your families and disown your children so you have more time to labor on my behalf, much like the beloved Santy Clous' half-elves do all year round to bring playthings to the good larvae (and some pupae depending on where you're from).

26. - Top - End - #26

Oh, right. I have a christmas update. Sorta.
    Spoiler: Merry Humbug.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Hahaha!

Good progress, vertebrates.

The hour is nigh, but remember to renounce your families and disown your children so you have more time to labor on my behalf, much like the beloved Santy Clous' half-elves do all year round to bring playthings to the good larvae (and some pupae depending on where you're from).
    call the inquisitor we have a heretic with appointment

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Heretic? You mean that isn't the orthodoxy? They aren't even a heterodox?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Heretic? You mean that isn't the orthodoxy? They aren't even a heterodox?
    Either way, please don't. I never got the blood cleaned up from the last time ultramarines raided my house.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

And a very merry Christmas to all of you. I received some very nice additions to my hoard from my cowering servants. And I shall be having a most delicious dinner soon. All in all, it's been a good day.

Extended Signature Link