New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Artifacts

Now one for Draconium!

Amulet of the Dragon King

Major Artifact

Long ago, in a land where chromatic dragons ruled, there was a man who stood tall and opposed the dragons. He not only proved himself to the dragons, he proved himself to be better than his draconic overlords.

The man slew the heads of each clan of dragon, after which he would pluck a single scale from their body and polish it into a sleek disc. Each of these discs were inlaid into his amulet, granting him greater power with each disc he obtained.

When he finally obtained them all, he was crowned the king of his country and all the remaining dragons were subservient to him until his death. Upon his death, the discs were spread to the wind and his amulet was buried with him. But some say that the amulet went missing some time ago...

Strong necromancy, transmutation, and abjuration; CL 20th.

Scale Benefits
    Color Benefit
    Black
    • Magical Charisma Bonus +10
    • Swim Speed 60ft
    • Darkness 3/day (Sp)
    Blue
    • Magical Intelligence Bonus +12
    • Draconic Wings, fly speed 200ft (Clumsy)
    • Mirage Arcana 1/day (Sp)
    Green
    • Magical Wisdom Bonus +12
    • Frightful Presence (DC 35) (Ex)
    • Dominate Person 3/day (Sp)
    Red
    • Magical Strength Bonus +34
    • DR 20/Magic (Ex)
    • Discern Location 3/day (Sp)
    White
    • Magical Constitution Bonus +16
    • +35 Natural AC
    • Control Weather 1/day (Sp)
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-03-28 at 04:01 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Obtain that and the Orbs of Dragonkind and dragons would hate you forever. Like, trap your soul in a gem and offer it to Tiamat as a prize to be put on display in her hoard.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

LP approves! Now, to make a counterpart...

Fell Tome
    Major Artifact
    (Red Fel)

For all the good that exists in the multiverse, so to must exist as much evil. When the deity known as Fel learned of the existence of the artifact Heaven's Wrath, he realized that to combat such a powerful force of Good, an equally powerful force of Evil must be created. But not just anything would do. No, for this new artifact had to be as subtle and cunning as Heaven's Wrath was direct and forceful.

So, gathering his vast stores of knowledge and power, Fel crafted a tome of utter darkness, known today as the Fell Tome. Heavy, thick, and bound in living skin, the Fell Tome is a force of such pure, concentrated Evil that even the very light of day shuns the existence of such a horrid artifact.

The Fell Tome is always surrounded my shadowy or darker light conditions within 30 feet of it, and no amount of light (magical or otherwise) can penetrate this shadowy aura. Any Good-aligned creature within this aura becomes nauseated for as long as they remain within the aura, though a successful Fortitude save (all save DCs are equal to 10+1/2 the wielder's HD+their Cha modifier, or 20 if it is not currently being wielded) reduces this to sickened.

Despite the darkness, any character that opens the tome find pages covered in a strange language, which require a Decipher Script check (DC 25) to understand. Any Evil being may spend one uniterrupted week reading these pages to gain the power within them. To finish gaining this power, the potential wielder must enact a ritual, using up 100,000 GP worth of unholy oils and other such materials and 100 X the character's level worth of XP.

Should a wielder successfully bond to the Tome, they gain a +2 profane bonus to all their mental ability scores for as long as they remain bonded to it, as well as a +5 per 5 HD (minimum +5) profane bonus to all Knowledge checks, which are considered trained skills as long as the wielder is bonded. They may hide any physical characteristics taken on by them through Vile feats such as Willing Defomity when they are not being used, and they may supress the dark aura of the artifact itself. Any Good creature within 30 ft of the wielder takes a -1 profane penalty per two character levels (minimum -2) on all d20 rolls, as well as any damage rolls. (This overlaps - doesn't stack - with any penalties from the sickened/nauseated conditions caused by the artifact.)

The wielder may use Unholy Aura, Blasphemy, and Destruction as spell-like abilities 3 times per day, and Morality Undone as a spell-like ability at will (but no more than once per round). They may also summon wings of darkness as a supernatural ability that gives them a flight speed equal to twice their base land speed, with perfect maneuverability. As a standard action once per day, these wings can also give off a mist of overwhelming darkness, causing any creature within a 60-foot radius of the character to become confused, as per the Insanity spell, unless they succeed on a Will save or are purposefully excluded from this by the wielder. The wings may be dismissed as a free action.

However, the most powerful aspect of this artifact is best used by prepared spellcasters. Any prepared spellcaster who wields this artifact may prepare any Corrupt spell of any level they have access to, as each of these spells are contained within the pages of the Tome. In addition, prepared spellcasters who use spellbooks (or similar methods, such as an Archivist's prayerbook) may use the Tome to contain their spells. They may inscribe their spells in the Tome without paying the GP cost per page, and there is no limit to how many spells can be inscribed - there always seems to be enough pages. Spells inscribed this way are only usable by the one who inscribed them. If the wielder takes one point of Con damage (per spell) upon inscribing any of these spells, they may add +1 to the DC and effective caster level per 4 HD to these spells whenever they cast it, and these spells gain the [Evil] descriptor.

Finally, once per month, the wielder of the Fell Tome may use Mindrape as a spell-like ability, except it will not allow any saving throw, and only works on Good creatures. However, there is a catch - you cannot cause any permanent changes to a creature's psyche this way. It may be used to implant certain contingent urges and orders within the victim, set to trigger under certain circumstances.

Any Good creature who willingly comes into contact with the Fell Tome gains one negative level for each round they remain in contact with it. After 24 hours of possessing these negative levels, the creature must make a Fortitude save for each or lose one character level (or Hit Dice) for each failed removal. These negative levels can effect creatures immune to negative levels normally, but they don't risk permanent level loss from these. In addition, any creature with the [Good] subtype that attempts to willingly come into contact with it must make a Fortitude save or be instantly destroyed, as if through a Disintegrate spell. A successful save negates this effect, though they are still subject to the negative levels.
    Last edited by Draconium; 2016-03-28 at 03:34 PM.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    LP approves! Now, to make a counterpart...

Fell Tome
    Major Artifact
    (Red Fel)
    A worthy adversary!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Special

Heaven's Wrath and the Fell Tome, two artifacts of extreme Good and Evil. There is only a single known method of destroying either - should they ever come into direct physical contact, the concentrated energies would negate each other, instantly destroying both artifacts. However, this is no simple task to accomplish, for the two artifacts repel each other.

Should the two artifacts ever come within a mile of each other, they instantly begin to repel. Should one or both not be wielded, they will simply move away from the other, through any means necessary (how exactly this occurs is up to the DM). Should both be wielded, any attempts to bring them within a mile of each other incurs a DC 5 Str check to move them. This becomes a DC 10 if within half a mile, 15 if within 100 feet, 20 if within 50 feet, and 25 if within 10 feet. Failing even a single check means the artifact will launch out of the possession of the one who failed the check, instantly breaking the bond and causing the artifact to end up 1d10 miles away.

Attempting to bring both artifacts in contact together requires a DC 30 Str check for both wielders. Upon coming into contact, the energies of both artifacts instantly negate each other, destroying both artifacts utterly. Unfortunately, the backlash is, if anything, more destructive. The lives of both wielders are claimed in the destruction, their bodies utterly destroyed as if through a Sphere of Annihilation. In addition, everything within a 1-mile radius of the contact point in all directions is utterly destroyed in the same way. However, living creatures (besides the wielders), along with Constructs, Undead, and attended magic items, may attempt a Will save to survive. If they succeed, they are instead transported to a random location in a randomly-determined plane. Anyone outside the radius of the destruction sees everything within the radius simply vanish, instantly.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

6. - Top - End - #36

Woooow Draconium, you really brought your A game for this thread huh?

Color me impressed.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Now one for Draconium!

Amulet of the Dragon King

Major Artifact
    Ooh, nice. I'm not extremely enthusiastic about the fluff (after all, no one is superior to my kind), but it's still got some really cool abilities, so I'll keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Woooow Draconium, you really brought your A game for this thread huh?

Color me impressed.
    Why, thank you. I thought it was a clever idea myself, creating counterpart artifacts for Good and for Evil, and making a way to destroy them both. It was just an idea I had...

Extended Signature Link

8. - Top - End - #38

Special
    This is part of the reason that Red and I don't get coffee together more frequently. Do you have any idea how hard it is to sit inside a Sharbucks when your equipment is forcing you to make strength checks the whole time?

Ooh, nice. I'm not extremely enthusiastic about the fluff (after all, no one is superior to my kind), but it's still got some really cool abilities, so I'll keep it.
    D: I must try harder next time.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-03-28 at 04:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    This is part of the reason that Red and I don't get coffee together more frequently. Do you have any idea how hard it is to sit inside a Sharbucks when your equipment is forcing you to make strength checks the whole time?
    No more than the check to force yourself to drink their coffee.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Now this holy sword of yours is why I despise most 'good' deities. Especially Pelor. They think good is an alignment of destruction and only ever provide destructive blessings on their followers, and the actual good deities aren't as popular cause they give actually constructive blessings which people aren't as fond of. Which brings to mind what is the nature of good in d&d.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Astral Lyre (illyahr)

"As the wielder holds this simple, yet beautiful, lyre, they feel the knowledge of all wash over them, strengthening their resolve and instilling a deep sense of calm in their hearts."

At first, there was nothing. The cosmos hung, suspended by in the aether, swirling in a beautiful and chaotic motion, truly capturing what even the most genius of composers would try and fail to create, as perfect as they were unimaginable. Then, Zaydos took form from the chaos and shaped the universe into his creation, all spinning with the rhythm of clockwork. It was beautiful in its own way, too, but it lacked the primal beauty of what laid before. And then he, the great creator, took notice of a small pocket in the perfection of his creation. He watched, as the last remnants of the dust from before him swirled together, coalescing and singing out in many voices, rich and clear, low and high, harmony and melody, and he was entranced. By the time the dust had cleared, what lay before him was a lyre, simple, elegant, and utterly beautiful. He knew it was not of his creation, but he could not bring himself to destroy or contain it, as it carried the last seeds of the time before him inside it, a monument to the first dance.

And so the lyre drifted, echoing its sweetly melancholy melody throughout all of space and time, through all planes and all worlds and everything in between, it's sweet notes landing on the ears of the truly gifted, renowned composers and artists, driving them to recreate what they heard and saw like no muse before, but failing each time, as no mortal or immortal mind could comprehend what those notes represented.

The Astral Lyre acts as a normal masterwork lyre of no special distinction until a creative mind it deems worthy of spreading the beauty of the chaotic dance held inside it, whereupon it completely transforms both the user and the lyre. The lyre shines with a brilliant light, blazing with all colors known and unknown to life, the most beautiful melodies and sounds echoing from it's strings at the merest touch. The user, as long as they hold the lyre, give off an overwhelming chaotic aura and gain a +16 sacred bonus to Charisma, perform checks and knowledge checks. In addition, thrice per year, they may cast Wish as a Spell-like ability. They gain spell resistance equal to 15 + their hit dice, their charisma bonus as a sacred bonus to all saves and a retroactive bonus to HP per hit dice, and all enemies must beat a will save of 20 + the User's hit dice + their charisma bonus to attack the user of the Astral lyre or be fascinated by the melody echoing from the instrument. No creature is immune to this will save nor the fascinate effect associated with failure of said will save. The user may also fly at a speed of 60' with perfect maneuverability, gains True Seeing as a constant ability, and can automatically sense the auras of all other creatures within a 2000' radius at their choosing. The lyre may only be taken by free will, and furthermore by those it deems worthy. If it's user ever becomes unworthy, they are afflicted with Insanity as per the spell, with no save, lose all benefits of the Astral Lyre, and die in 1d6 weeks, and may not be resurrected in any way.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

12. - Top - End - #42

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Astral Lyre (illyahr)

"As the wielder holds this simple, yet beautiful, lyre, they feel the knowledge of all wash over them, strengthening their resolve and instilling a deep sense of calm in their hearts."

At first, there was nothing. The cosmos hung, suspended by in the aether, swirling in a beautiful and chaotic motion, truly capturing what even the most genius of composers would try and fail to create, as perfect as they were unimaginable. Then, Zaydos took form from the chaos and shaped the universe into his creation, all spinning with the rhythm of clockwork. It was beautiful in its own way, too, but it lacked the primal beauty of what laid before. And then he, the great creator, took notice of a small pocket in the perfection of his creation. He watched, as the last remnants of the dust from before him swirled together, coalescing and singing out in many voices, rich and clear, low and high, harmony and melody, and he was entranced. By the time the dust had cleared, what lay before him was a lyre, simple, elegant, and utterly beautiful. He knew it was not of his creation, but he could not bring himself to destroy or contain it, as it carried the last seeds of the time before him inside it, a monument to the first dance.

And so the lyre drifted, echoing its sweetly melancholy melody throughout all of space and time, through all planes and all worlds and everything in between, it's sweet notes landing on the ears of the truly gifted, renowned composers and artists, driving them to recreate what they heard and saw like no muse before, but failing each time, as no mortal or immortal mind could comprehend what those notes represented.

The Astral Lyre acts as a normal masterwork lyre of no special distinction until a creative mind it deems worthy of spreading the beauty of the chaotic dance held inside it, whereupon it completely transforms both the user and the lyre. The lyre shines with a brilliant light, blazing with all colors known and unknown to life, the most beautiful melodies and sounds echoing from it's strings at the merest touch. The user, as long as they hold the lyre, give off an overwhelming chaotic aura and gain a +16 sacred bonus to Charisma, perform checks and knowledge checks. In addition, thrice per year, they may cast Wish as a Spell-like ability. They gain spell resistance equal to 15 + their hit dice, their charisma bonus as a sacred bonus to all saves and a retroactive bonus to HP per hit dice, and all enemies must beat a will save of 20 + the User's hit dice + their charisma bonus to attack the user of the Astral lyre or be fascinated by the melody echoing from the instrument. No creature is immune to this will save nor the fascinate effect associated with failure of said will save. The user may also fly at a speed of 60' with perfect maneuverability, gains True Seeing as a constant ability, and can automatically sense the auras of all other creatures within a 2000' radius at their choosing. The lyre may only be taken by free will, and furthermore by those it deems worthy. If it's user ever becomes unworthy, they are afflicted with Insanity as per the spell, with no save, lose all benefits of the Astral Lyre, and die in 1d6 weeks, and may not be resurrected in any way.
    It's so beautiful...

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Yaaay Artifacts. This should be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    It's so beautiful...

Thanks! Making stuff be stupidly overpowered is my specialty!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Errr, Snowie, someone wants to jump the line for my soul and they're saying they have a direct line to Baal. They don't believe me when I tell them my other collectors have problems with that, halp please.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Which Baal? there are like a million Baals.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

Ooh, thread. THREAD! Hi thread!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Hi thread, indeed.

Fell Tome
    Major Artifact
    (Red Fel)
    Well, hello there.

So, gathering his vast stores of knowledge and power, Fel crafted a tome of utter darkness, known today as the Fell Tome. Heavy, thick, and bound in living skin, the Fell Tome is a force of such pure, concentrated Evil that even the very light of day shuns the existence of such a horrid artifact.

And available soon in paperback!

The Fell Tome is always surrounded my shadowy or darker light conditions within 30 feet of it, and no amount of light (magical or otherwise) can penetrate this shadowy aura.
    So, my book is emo?

Any Good-aligned creature within this aura becomes nauseated for as long as they remain within the aura, though a successful Fortitude save (all save DCs are equal to 10+1/2 the wielder's HD+their Cha modifier, or 20 if it is not currently being wielded) reduces this to sickened.
    So, my book is sickeningly emo?

Joking aside, this thing is delicious. Potent, dark, incredibly destructive - and by extension, highly desirable - it's everything you need in an LE artifact, and proves that not every tool needs to be in the form of a weapon. And best of all, there's no way to destro-

Special
    Crappit. Hey, LP, keep your knife away from my book, okay?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

19. - Top - End - #49

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Crappit. Hey, LP, keep your knife away from my book, okay?
    Well it does require continuous Strength checks. As long as you are not pushing towards his knife, that means he has to make the checks, and failing even one means he loses his artifact
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-03-28 at 08:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Well it does require continuous Strength checks. As long as you are not pushing towards his knife, that means he has to make the checks, and failing even one means he loses his artifact
    Actually, it requires it from both parties. However, most of the passive effects last as long as you're bonded to it, without actually needing it on your person. If you're really worried, just leave it in your private demiplane when you don't need it, and it will move away from the other artifact itself without breaking your bond if they come near it. Make sure it's easily accessible to you if you do this, though!

Extended Signature Link

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Errr, Snowie, someone wants to jump the line for my soul and they're saying they have a direct line to Baal. They don't believe me when I tell them my other collectors have problems with that, halp please.
    I'll talk to Baal. He's an alright guy.

That should work out.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, that Baal... What about the other that Baals?
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-03-28 at 10:18 PM.

Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Please combine Heaven's Wrath and the Fell Tome :v
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Val666; 2016-03-29 at 12:12 AM.
    Pew pew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Oh, that Baal... What about the other that Baals?
    What other Baals?

I don't see any other Baals but the one I punched in the face.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-03-29 at 12:15 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Colossus in the Playground

The Mantle of the Darth Tarrasque (torrasque666)

Said to be made from the hide of Tarrasque that existed on one of the planes of the abyss, this mantle enables incredible defensive powers, and a command over all lesser beasts.

The wearer of the mantle gains DR 30/epic, Spell resistance 15+Character level, Energy resistance 50 to Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, and Sonic, Regeneration 40 that can only be overcome by artifacts, and an immunity to ranged touch attacks.

In addition every magical beast with 2 or less intelligence within 120 feet falls under control of the wearer, superseding any other control another creature may have over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

What other Baals?

I don't see any other Baals but the one I punched in the face.
    I mean the other other Baals...

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I mean the other other Baals...
    I dunno.

If they're so obscure, they probably aren't the ones who can take IZ's souls, so *shrug*.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Eh, he has better things to do with his clones than hunt down clones.

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    The Mantle of the Darth Tarrasque (torrasque666)

Said to be made from the hide of Tarrasque that existed on one of the planes of the abyss, this mantle enables incredible defensive powers, and a command over all lesser beasts.

The wearer of the mantle gains DR 30/epic, Spell resistance 15+Character level, Energy resistance 50 to Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, and Sonic, Regeneration 40 that can only be overcome by artifacts, and an immunity to ranged touch attacks.

In addition every magical beast with 2 or less intelligence within 120 feet falls under control of the wearer, superseding any other control another creature may have over it.
    Ooh very nice. I like this... time to implement in my upcoming Tarrasque hunt campaign. danke schön

EDIT: Hell, I'll toss my hat into the ring. Working on one for Jormengand.

The Word Made Whole(Jormengand)
    Crafted from the soul of an Illumian sage (some say the first Illumian themself), The Word Made Whole exists as a small scroll. Unassuming at first and undecipherable to most, the Word Made Whole contains volumes of Truenaming knowledge. A detailed treatise on the formation and structure of truenames, it grants a +15 on any and all checks relating to Truename research, as well as Truespeak checks. Additionally, if you have utilized the Word Made Whole to research a creature's personal truename you reduce the DCs on all truespeak checks to affect that creature by 2 and a further 2 if the research has been completed within the last fortnight. Lastly, the Word Made Whole grants the user an additional utterance known of their highest level known from any lexicon.

First attempt at contributing to these instead of merely leeching, how'd I do?
    Last edited by torrasque666; 2016-03-29 at 01:49 AM.
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

Apart from the fact that no-one uses the truename research rules, it's fine.

(Okay, my truenamer fix sometimes does because a personal true name is equivalent to an irresistible utterance, but not a normal truenamer.)