New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default LGBTAitP #37: Once upon a time...

...there was a thread where folks from the entire spectrum of gender and sexuality liked to meet and chat. Sometimes it was general chit chat and sometimes they'd help out one another with questions and problems. The previous thread promptly got too full, so they all decided to reconvene here!

Hello folks! This is the thirty-seventh LGBTAitP thread! The thread is to support, celebrate and discuss anything that falls outside the bounds of what is heterocisnormative. It is first of all a support thread, and then an education thread. If you want answers about some of the more difficult and trigger inducing aspects of LGBTA, there are a number of people listed below who can answer questions.

Please note that although the title of the thread names only the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Asexual communities, it is intended as an all inclusive environment. Everyone is welcome. L, G, B,T, A, Q, I, A, N, V, P, R, Q, Ω, ♅, everyone. As long as they behave themselves.

If you have a question or two about LGBTA+, you can ask it here! You can ask for advice and support in here.

In addition, many members are willing to give private advice one on one, either through email or PM. The best way to do this is asking for PM help in thread, or else to PM one of the following people:

Name: Especially familiar with the topic(s) of
    KenderWizard: General/basics, gender and feminism, bisexuality
    Musashi: General/basics, asexuality/demisexuality, depression
    noparlpf: General/basics, asexuality, greysexuality, biology, Skype
    Lea Plath: Genderfluidity
    Lycunadari: Genderqueer and agendered
    Eldest: General/basics, bisexuality, will Skype(voice if needed, no video)
    Karen Lynn: General/basics, pansexuality, polyamory, will Skype(no voice or video, however)
    HMS Sophia: Trans stuff (esp hormones)
    Lix Lorn: General/basics
    Tanail: Trans stuff (esp emotional issues), Skype(no voice or video, however)
    Absol197: Gender identity issues
    Warkitty: Academic/technical discussions
    Lentrax: General/basics, depression, bullying
    Wormwood74: Transgender legal issues, transgender outside contacts
    Astrella: GSRM rights, feminism, trans stuff, Skype
    Asteron Questar: Relationships, depression
    Mystic Muse: Skype-y goodness.
    Socratov: Skype-ness
    Chess435: Skype

Some people are also willing to talk off-board, through Skype or email or other means, this is especially useful if your question involves board-forbidden topics such as religion or politics. Also, we can't (and ethically shouldn't!) give medical advice. If you need medical advice, please see a professional!

Here are the rules of this thread!

• Everyone is welcome. Let's try to keep from seeming otherwise.
    • Keep this topic free of politics and religion. (so, don't violate the board rules, plz)
    • It's beyond the scope of this thread to discuss whether LGBT is "Right." (And really, most discussions probably should avoid moralizing too much anyway)
    • Please refrain from posting sexually explicit content. (Keep it friendly as well as board safe )

Here are the links for the previous threads, where much of use or interest may be found:

And, for reference, here is the Thousand&Wordster Dictionary of Commonly Used LGBTAitp Words and Phrases
    Spoiler
    Show

Lagerbeta: A fine brewski to be drunk by queers and allies.
    LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*
    Trans*: Transsexual and Transgender
    LGBTA: LGBT+Asexual/Allies
    QUILTBAG:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Q - Queer and Questioning
    U - Unidentified
    I - Intersex
    L - Lesbian
    T - Transgender, Transexual
    B - Bisexual
    A - Asexual
    G - Gay, Genderqueer

Allies: Straight people that support equality for sexuality and gender minorities.
    MtF: Male-to-Female: A woman born with male nibblies, who may or may not be seeking HRT and/or SRS. (AKA: trans woman)
    FtM: Female-to-Male: A man born with female nibblies, who may or may not be seeking HRT and/or SRS. (AKA: trans man)
    GQ: Genderqueer.
    CS: Cis-sexual: sex and gender match (a male with male nibblies, a female with female nibblies.
    TS: Transsexual: Sex and gender disparity.
    HRT: Hormone replacement therapy. MtF's take more progestrogens and oestrogens and FtM's take more testosterone (I think?)
    SRS: Sex Reassignment Surgery: Surgery to replace/transform a vagina into a penis, or vice versa depending on direction. Mastectomies or plastic surgery may be used on breasts.
    FFS: Facial Feminization Surgery: Plastic surgery to reduce chin/nose/cheekbones. not very common.
    AFAB/AMAB: Assigned Female/Male at Birth
    FAAB/MAAB: Female/Male Assigned at Birth.

Man: A cisman or transman. Male.
    Woman: A ciswoman or transwoman. Female.
    Androgyne: Gender Identity with male and female aspects.
    Genderfluid: Someone who fluctuates between male and female.
    Agendered: Someone who feels neither male nor female.
    Third-gendered: Someone who fits in a local society's third gender, usually male performing female tasks, occasionally vice versa.
    Masculine: Something generally associated with men.
    Feminine: Something generally associated with women.

Lesbian: A woman who is attracted to women.
    Gay: A man who is attracted to men.
    Homosexual: A person who is attracted to members of their gender.
    Heterosexual: A person who is attracted to members of the opposite gender.
    Bisexual: A person who is attracted to two genders (usually men and women, sometimes transgender instead of one of those).
    Pansexual: A person who is attracted to people regardless of gender.
    Asexual: A person who does not feel any/some sexual attraction.
    Demisexual: A person who is sexually attracted to someone(s) they have formed an intense emotional relationship with.
    Polyamorous: A person who is interested in a relationship with more than one person.
    Radosexual: A person who is only attracted to rad people.
    Pomosexual: A person who avoids SO labels.

Sexual Orientation: How one identifies who they are attracted to. (SO)
    Gender Identity: How one feels inside society's idea of "man, woman, or other". (GI)
    Gender Expression: How one expresses their GI to society. (GE)
    Significant Other(s): Person you are in a relationship with. (SO)

Webcomics that touch on... Well, everything related to the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show

Venus Envy. Long dead webcomic. The creator has chosen not to continue it and move forward in life.
    Rain. A story of a MtF girl in high school.
    Khaos Komix.As the creator puts it(from his site): "A complete GLBTWTFBBQ comic about gender and sexuality. (Trigger warnings for EVERYTHING and nothing is safe for work.)"
    Always Raining Here. "Adrian is heartsick, Carter is horny. This is a story about their misadventures as awkward teenagers as they fumble through unrequited romances."
    Tripping over you.An awkward blind date leads to better options.
    Questionable Content. The LGBTA characters are well done, and not stereotypes.
    What's normal anyway. An FtM webcomic. Seems decent so far.

I know I missed a few webcomics, and if anyone finds more, feel free to PM them to me with a brief description, and I will add them.

The Brand New LGBTA Arts & Crafts Thread!
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2013-06-21 at 04:58 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP #37: Once upon a time...

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Misty has an art thread? *hunts for it*
    Misty's art thread. There you go.
    LGBTA+itP

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

That looks really nice, Misty, can't wait to see a coloured version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanail View Post
    Sensitive Boobs :3 So big they get in the way :33
    Do want!
    I usually sit up against the wall on my bed with my knees raised so I can hold my laptop between my legs and chest and I sometimes go when typing "wait, what are these things that are a bit in the way...oh...yeah. >.>"

-----

Contacted my therapist, have an appointment next week Thursday, so hopefully I can get some help for dealing with my anxiety then.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Misty's art thread. There you go.
    Thank you much. *huggles the tiger*

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    I usually sit up against the wall on my bed with my knees raised so I can hold my laptop between my legs and chest and I sometimes go when typing "wait, what are these things that are a bit in the way...oh...yeah. >.>"
    Hehehe ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Contacted my therapist, have an appointment next week Thursday, so hopefully I can get some help for dealing with my anxiety then.
    Sounds good Will you be okay for the next week?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Ohhh~ So pretty, Misty.

Matthew! I want pics too!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Ok so Tats, spoilered if case you don't want to look, but the last one everyone should enjoy They are fairly large pics, so just be aware, might want to open them in a different tab/window so they zoom out:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First one I ever got, Chinese symbol for Harmony/Peace, because that is something I am always trying to find in life.
    Spoiler
    Show

The second one I got were different kind of Theater masks, due to my background in theater. Pardon the little Odd hair that grown as an "eyebrow" for them, as my wife calls it
    Spoiler
    Show

Third one is a different take on a Celtic Tree of Life.
    Spoiler
    Show

The forth one I actually won in a internet radio contest, and it is the symbol for J.R.R. Tolkien because I am a crazy Tolkine nut.
    Spoiler
    Show

And this last one is my new kitten, Henry the Monster
    Spoiler
    Show

I hope you like them.

~Matthew~
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2013-06-19 at 05:55 PM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

That last one is adorableness personified.

You actually look a little like me too....

9. - Top - End - #9
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Just realised there is another very important feature of boobs that I missed out of my list:

You can grab your nipples and use them as lasers or some sort of semi-automatic gun.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
    I have a sudden desire to make a life size Eevee plushie, place a couple loops on the under side, slip a hairband through the loops, and have an Eevee ride on my head all day.

Do eeeet. You know you want to. Gotta find a Shaymin plushie myself.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. That went fast. Ah, new threads.

Henry is adorable!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Just realised there is another very important feature of boobs that I missed out of my list:

You can grab your nipples and use them as lasers or some sort of semi-automatic gun.
    ...And now I know why everyone is scared of you. Even my fleshcrafters have never tried to do that. ._.

()

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Succubus, we must see a pic of you to compare you to Irish!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now if boobs really did that I might not have as much problem with them.

Also Karen gets all my boob mass >:D ALLLLLL OF IT! Muhahahahahahaha!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeathChallenged View Post
    Now if boobs really did that I might not have as much problem with them.

Also Karen gets all my boob mass >:D ALLLLLL OF IT! Muhahahahahahaha!
    How much are we talking here?
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Nope, no money unless I actually get an assignment.
    That sounds rather unreliable...
    ...Well. I suppose we all learn new things everything.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MetDitto View Post
    Hey y'all. I posted here a couple times before. I did a two page comic as a joke for some friends in here that seem to not be here anymore. one and two.

dumb stuff u.u
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm transgender. Going to my first therapist appointment in a couple days. Kind of nervous. She's kind of locally famous for being really good about signing anything you could want, like a HRT recommendation. But she's kind of expensive and doesn't take insurance. I have really good insurance through my (*cough* wealthy, distant *cough*) father but live mainly with my (not so wealthy) mother... I'm working this summer so I can help cover the costs. My mom has made me promise not to start HRT until I come out to my dad, which I'm hesitant about - he is essentially who Fox News caters to, in terms of political, religious, &c. criteria. He had acute myeloid leukemia and had a bone marrow transplant, from a Sioux woman. So now he makes all these culturally appropriative jokes, as well as transmisogynist and general sexist ones. I can't ever come out to him, I think my mom knows that. So far I've come out to mom and sister, and some friends. They've been better than I could have imagined. But I feel entrapped with this. And I'm super nervous about this appointment. Guh.

And I'm struggling a lot with relationship stuff. I really like my GF a lot, zie's awesome and fantastic and great. Also asexual... Before I came out to myself I thought I was asexual, and then demisexual, but then I realized it was a self-identification thing and I'm not asexual or graysexual or on that spectrum. I just wasn't comfortable with myself at that point. But as I've become more and more comfortable being transgender, my sexuality has... blossomed? And I worry about being way too kinky for zir. Also it's long-distance so I can't really bring it up easily and when I do zie gets uncomfortable so I drop it.

Also zie has lately started saying "I love you" uhm, at the end of conversations and sometimes in the middle and I'm like... I dunno. It's my first relationship. I've only ever told my family I love them. It's a big deal to me to say that. I love my mother and my father and my sister and my uncles and aunts and cousins and dogs and especially my cat and my grandfather and my grandmother... But I'm related to all of them. I can't, the words just, I can't say it unless I mean it and I get really confused when I ask myself if I mean it. I get so much junk from my family about it being an LDR and meeting zir over the internet when my mom does internet dating all the time! Ugh! I end up just getting flustered and being like "you're awesome..." and it sucks cause I want zir to know I care so so much about zir but I can't say "I love you" cause I'm an awful human bean.

sorry just needed to get this off my chest ._.
    Hey. Regarding your father...I dunno. You'll have to decide. I'd tend to not want to myself, in that situation. Regarding your girlfriend, it's probably a good idea to tell her these things. Like, copy/paste that post, or something. Communication is good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Regarding the "feminine chest" discussion, I don't feel, as a guy, I have much to contribute in that regard. *blushes and meeps*
    I, as a guy, would just like to say that I am quite happy with my chest and its lack of mammary tissue. Yeah.

Jude P.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanail View Post
    Sounds good Will you be okay for the next week?
    I think so, yeah, I've been doing a bit better overall the last few days.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I think it's a metaphor, myself.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    That sounds rather unreliable...
    Yeah, it's better than nothing, though. Putting in a bunch of applications for full-time work.
    ^~Cody T.~^

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it's better than nothing, though. Putting in a bunch of applications for full-time work.
    Oo. Good luck!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    Neo_Leviathan those silk paintings are awesome. (Do you do commissions? Although, delivery to Germany would probably make that prohibitively expensive.)
    I can potentially do commissions, though it needs to be of non-copywrited material (giving away copywrited stuff is fine, selling it gets the lawyer :( ).
    Silk folds up very very small and very light, so shipping isn't likely to be much.
    What did you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Serin View Post
    Re: the body piercings observation: nipples are not the most painful. My septum ring hurt infinitely more than my nipples. ( 15 piercings currently)
    Well, I guess I can only say that it was more painful than my other piercings (ears and belly button. Belly button hurt a tiny bit but faded very quickly, ears.. I kinda enjoyed), but my nipples hurt as much as getting a dentist 'cleaning' on an open nerve before a filling (though thankfully not as long).
    The piercer did say that I had the toughest nipples he'd ever dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Haha! Twilight Sparkle~
    Although the caduceus triforce nudges my so-corny-it-hurts border a tad~
    Hehe, that was for a friend of mine who is a doctor, massive geek, and big Zelda fan. She loved it :D

Too many people to quote or @username, but thankyou for all the compliments ^^. I haven't done that many yet but I'm getting better :)
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Noooo.... D; *whines* That's too much boob!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I, as a guy, would just like to say that I am quite happy with my chest and its lack of mammary tissue. Yeah.
    Great, now I have to go review my human anatomy to see if that's actually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Aye. Although I'd always heard 'more than a mouthful'. Different strikes, I suppose~?
    Different priorities, different forms of objectification.

Then again, I usually see it rendered as "different strokes," so who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Great, now I have to go review my human anatomy to see if that's actually the case.
    Yeah, most male mammals do have mammary tissue. There was an implicit "relative" in there. "Relative lack of mammary tissue." My bad.
    (Fun facts from Wikipedia, by the way, to save you further searching: "Male mammals typically have rudimentary mammary glands and nipples, with a few exceptions: male mice do not have nipples, and male horses lack nipples and mammary glands. The male Dayak fruit bat has lactating mammary glands. Male lactation occurs infrequently in some species, including humans." And although my spirit animal is apparently a mouse (ask my friend), I do have nipples.)
    Jude P.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

How much are we talking here?
    About.... 48 D?

Also I made something in oil pastels on a letter sized paper.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    A most stylish suit, indeed!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

About.... 48 D?

Spoiler
    Show
    That's a lot of boob. Classy Weavile, btw.
    ^~Cody T.~^

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tell me about it. And I have to deal with them...at least for a while.

edit: Yey compliments! Thanks!
    Last edited by DeathChallenged; 2013-06-19 at 08:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey all! New thread, yay!

And Serin, thanks for your reply. I must say, my face is the thing that gives me away the most, so hearing what you said does make me kinda nervous...But I don't want to consider any additional surgery until I see what hormones do to my face, so it may be a while.

As for the other discussion going on... Yeah, like Keveak, I don't really know the letters very well, but I'm hoping for something in the B to C range. And...that's about all I'll say about that .

And Juniper! I haven't talked with you in so long! How are you! *hugs*

~Phoenix~
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!