New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default LGBTAIitP #45: Rainbow Anarchy

Hello, hello, welcome, one and all, to the forty-fifth iteration of our thread, the humble LGBTAI in the playground thread!

The AI is for All-Inclusive, because we have only so much space but everyone, regardless of orientation, direction, letter, acronym or chosen astrological symbol is welcome here! With special thanks to Zorg today for editing

We do, unfortunately, have a few rules. We are not an anarchical state! Or, we weren't until they voted we were? But shush.

1. We are primarily a support thread.
    This means that the primary focus should be in helping people here feel better; about themselves, about their lives, about their problems. We are also an education thread, but when helping someone learn involves not supporting, we will default to support - Mostly. We are only mostly human, after all.

2. If you want answers to Trigger topics, spoiler-box or privately ask them.
    This relates to the above. If you want to ask questions debate, and your responses, or a side response, or something involves not being supportive/active antagonism, spoiler it and LABEL YOUR SPOILERS CLEARLY.

Triggery topics will be listed here, when I can get them straight. (hahaha straight)

3. Avoid discussing Politics or Religion.
    It doesn't matter how much these two topics intersect with our forum topic, they are verboten. Sometimes, hints are... Looked over, such as "man, in my countery being gay sucks", but detail is right out, and even that could be considered willful disregard. Be Careful. As the moderators themselves often say, if you aren't sure, Don't.

4. Do not Discuss Moral Justification.
    No one here is going to discuss whether or not it's Right" or "Okay" to be LGBTAEIOUsometimesY or anything else. It's not topical, it's not relevant. We are, and we are here to cope with that and with the stresses it causes.
    And no, my joking acronym doesn't constitute considering this rule less important.

5. Do Not Post Sexually Explicit Content.
    It's against forum rules, it's against decorum, and it will get us shut down pretty fast. What adults do behind closed doors is cool, and allusion is fine. Anything that could involve a diagram, though? No.

6. Again, Spoiler-box [Trigger] topics.
    This gets a second mention for it's more specific uses. If someone, even just that one individual person, has a problem with a topic, because it stirs demons best left in their pit, Do. Not. Bring. It. Up. Publically. Use a spoilerbox, and think carefully about whether this is the place to broach the topic at all.

This particular rule includes casual and glorified violence, corporal punishment, and in-relationship rape. Which I would hope fell under politics and sex enough they wouldn't come up anyway, but hey.

Glossary of Common Terms

And, for reference, here is a list of commonly used words and definitions by our community. Please understand that this list is currently undergoing construction right now. Any contributions to the list are appreciated.
    Spoiler
    Show
    LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*

LGBTA: LGBT+Asexual

Lagerbeta: A fine brewski to be drunk by all - the name comes from the above abbreviation.

QUILTBAG:
    Q - Queer and Questioning
    U - Unidentified
    I - Intersex
    L - Lesbian
    T - Transgender, Transexual
    B - Bisexual
    A - Asexual
    G - Gay, Genderqueer

Where a word below is in italics, that means it has it's own entry on the list.

A note on labels: many of these labels are seemingly interchangeable, and for some people they are. However, please do not presume to correct or judge another person's use of a label. Bisexual and Pansexual are especially tricky in this regard, as are transgender and transsexual to a lesser degree.
    Often the difference in why one person feels one label is appropriate and not another is deeply personal. If you wish to know more it is probably a topic to seek private advice on, from one of the people listed in the next section.

AFAB/AMAB: Assigned Female/Male at Birth

Agendered: Someone who lacks a gender.

Androgyne: Gender Identity with male and female aspects.

Androsexual: A person who is attracted to men.

Asexual: A person who does not feel any/some sexual attraction.

Binary, The: See: Gender Binary.

Bisexual: 1. attracted to two genders; 2. attracted to one's own gender and another gender; 3. attracted to various genders; 4. attracted to people regardless of gender; 5. ask the person who says they're bi what exactly they mean by that. See also Pansexual

Cis: See: Cisgender

Cisgender (CG): Somebody whose gender and sex align.

Demisexual: A person who is sexually attracted to someone(s) only after they have formed an intense emotional relationship with.

Dysphoria: The disassociation Trans* people feel with their own body.

Male-to-Female (MtF): Someone who was assigned male at birth, but is female. (AKA: trans woman)

Female: See: Woman

Female-to-Male (FtM): Someone who was assigned female at birth, but is male. (AKA: trans man)

FAAB: Female Assigned at Birth.

Feminine: Something generally associated by society with women.

FFS: Facial Feminization Surgery: Surgery to reduce chin/nose/cheekbones. Associated primarily with MAAB Trans people

FtM: See: Female to Male

Gay: A man who is attracted to men.

Gender Binary: The commonly held notion that there are only men and women on two extremes, with nothing in between.

Gender Expression (GE): How one expresses their Gender Identity to society.

Gender Identity (GI): How one feels inside society's idea of "man, woman, or other".

Genderfluid: Someone who fluctuates between different genders.

Genderqueer (GQ): Someone who is not of a binary gender; someone who is not male or female.

Gynosexual: A person who is attracted to women.

Heterosexual: A person who is attracted to members of the opposite gender.

Homosexual: A person who is attracted to members of their gender.

HRT: Hormone replacement therapy. MtF's tend to progestrogens, oestrogens and androgen blockers, while FtM's take testosterone almost exculsively.

Lesbian: A woman who is attracted to women.

MAAB: Male Assigned at Birth.

Male-to-Female (MtF): Someone who was assigned male at birth, but is female. (AKA: trans woman)

Man/men: A cis man or trans man. Male.

Masculine: Something generally associated by society with men.

Pansexual: A person who is attracted to people regardless of gender. See also Bisexual

Polyamorous: A person who is interested in a relationship with more than one person.

Presenting: Trans* shorthand for appearing as their preferred gender, regardless of any HRT, SRS or other changes.

Trans*: Transsexual and Transgender primarily, with the asterisk denoting that the trans- prefix could be followed by any number of appropriate words. It also includes other labels, and is a catch-all term for people who identify as something other than their biological sex at birth.

Transgender: Used in reference to a person whose sex(body) and gender(mind) are at odds or do not match. A transgender person can also identify as genderqueer, transsexual, or may use transgender as their only identity.

Transitioning: The process a Trans* person undergoes to move to their preferred gender. Often includes HRT, SRS, FFS.

Transsexual: In common terms the same as transgender above. In medical terms refers specifically to people who wish to transition from male to female or female to male, not accommodating any other options.

SRS: Sex Reassignment Surgery: Surgery to replace/transform a vagina into a penis, or vice versa. Mastectomies or plastic surgery may be used on breasts.

Sexual Orientation (SO): How one identifies who they are attracted to.

Significant Other(s) (SO): Person(s) you are in a relationship with.

Third-gendered: Someone who fits in a local society's third gender, usually male performing female tasks, occasionally vice versa. Also a person who feels they do not identify with any other gender identity.

Woman: A cis woman or trans woman. Female.

Allies: Hetereosexual-Cisgender people who support equality for sexual, gender, and romantic minorities.

Private Consultation.

We have a list of people whoa re willing and able to discuss topics that may not be thread-appropriate but are still topical. They can be reached by Personal Message (PM), thought they may not respond immediately, or may be on sabbatical.

Spoiler: Topical Consultants
    Show

Name: Especially familiar with the topic(s) of
    KenderWizard: General/basics, gender and feminism, bisexuality
    Musashi: General/basics, asexuality/demisexuality, depression
    noparlpf: General/basics, asexuality, greysexuality, biology, Skype
    Lea Plath: Genderfluidity
    Lycunadari: Genderqueer and agendered
    Eldest: General/basics, bisexuality, polyamory, pansexuality will Skype(voice if needed, no video)
    HMS Sophia: Trans stuff (esp hormones)
    Lix Lorn: General/basics
    Tanail: Trans stuff (esp emotional issues), Skype(no voice or video, however)
    Absol197: Gender identity issues
    Warkitty: Academic/technical discussions
    Lentrax: General/basics, depression, bullying
    Wormwood74: Transgender legal issues, transgender outside contacts
    Astrella: GSRM rights, feminism, trans stuff, Skype
    Asteron Questar: Relationships, depression
    Mystic Muse: Skype-y goodness.
    Socratov: Skype-ness
    Chess435: Skype
    Irish Musician: PM, Rants/Venting
    Metditto: PM/Skype for L, T, GQ, BDSM(Off-thread or Spoiler Triggered), demisexual, feminism, therapy, depression, dissociative identities
    inuyasha: Shoulder on which to cry, someone to listen
    Partysan: PM/Skype, polyamory, pansexuality, BDSM(Off-thread or Spoiler Triggered), Rants/Venting
    TaiLiu: General Transgender information, transphobia.

Some people are also willing to talk off-board, through Skype or email or other means; this is especially useful if your question involves board-forbidden topics such as religion or politics. Also, we can't (and ethically shouldn't!) give medical advice. If you need medical advice, please see a professional!

And as a parting note, I will say that even though moderators do not read PMs, they are still part of the forum and still subject to forums rules. Non-allowed topics and discussion should NOT be conducted via PM.

Previous Incarnations

Like the Glorious and Unconquered Sun, we have risen, lived, died, and risen anew, with many faces, many voices, many hearts. In this past, much can be found, both good, and bad, should one be brave or perhaps, foolish, enough to seek it.

Spoiler: Past Threads
    Show
    1. LGBT people in the playground
    2. LGBT people in the playground - part II
    3. LGBTitp - part III
    4. LGBTitp 4: We are a family?
    5. LGBTitp - Part Five
    6. LGBTitp - Part Six
    7. LGBTitp - Part Seven
    8. LGBTitp - Part Eight
    9. LGBTitp - Part Nine
    10. LGBTAitp - Part Ten
    11. LGBTAitp - Part Eleven
    12. LGBTAitp - Part Twelve
    13. LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen
    14. LGBTAitp - Part Fourteen
    15. LGBTAitp - Part Fifteen
    16. LGBTAitp - Part Sixteen
    17. LGBTAitp - Part Seventeen
    18. LGBTAitp - Part Eighteen!
    19. LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen
    20. LGBTAitp - Part Twenty - Critical Hit!
    21. LGBTAitp - Part Twenty-One - BLACKJACK!
    22. LGBTAitP Part 22: The Best There Is
    23. LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?
    24. LGBTAitP: Alphabet Soup-with 24 different Vitamins!
    25. LGBTAitP part 25: Doing Away With Subtitles
    26. LGBTAitP 26: No Time For Snappy Titles
    27. LGBTAitP 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax
    28. LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!
    29. LGBTAitP #29: The Rainbow Outreach Program
    30. LGBTAitP 30: Free Cuddles (Enquire Within)
    31. LGBTAitP #31: Cuddles Are On Back Order. Have Some Snuggles!
    32. LGBTAitp #32: The Great Plushie Invasion!
    33. LGBTAitp #33: The Thread at the End of the Rainbow!
    34. LGTAitP #34: <3!!
    35. LGBTAitp #35: What Midlife Crisis? :3
    36. LGBTAitp #36: May Contain Bites!
    37. LGBTAitP #37: Once upon a time...
    38. LGBTAitP #38: Once More With Feeling!!
    39. LGBTAitP #38: Making Your Way in the World Today....
    40. LGBTAitP #40: Technicolour Partyboat
    41. LGBTAitp #41 - Imprecise Terminology Supercenter
    42. LGBTAitp #42: Better Than Skittles/The Meaning of Life!
    43. LGBTAitp #43 [Insert snappy subtitle here]
    44. LGBTAIitP #44: Quick, We Need To Vote A New Title!
    45. LGBTAIitP #45: Rainbow Anarchy

Webcomics that touch on... Well, everything related to the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Venus Envy. Long dead webcomic. The creator has chosen not to continue it and move forward in life.
    Rain. A story of a MtF girl in high school.
    Khaos Komix.As the creator puts it(from his site): "A complete GLBTWTFBBQ comic about gender and sexuality. (Trigger warnings for EVERYTHING and nothing is safe for work.)"
    Always Raining Here. "Adrian is heartsick, Carter is horny. This is a story about their misadventures as awkward teenagers as they fumble through unrequited romances."
    Tripping over you.An awkward blind date leads to better options.
    Questionable Content. The LGBTA characters are well done, and not stereotypes.
    What's normal anyway. An FtM webcomic. Seems decent so far.
    Princess. A webcomic.
    Twokinds. Keveak: "It generally portrays GRSM matters positively and is quite a nice tale overall."
    Misfile The Rose Dragon: "Ash is a young boy who, as a result of a screw-up in Heaven, gets stuck in a girl's body in a life he doesn't recognize, and has to deal with the changes and challenges of his new body while trying to get back his old life. Supernatural hijinks and car racing are involved."
    I know I missed a few webcomics, and if anyone finds more, feel free to PM them to me with a brief description, and I will add them.

The Brand New LGBTA Arts & Crafts Thread!
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2013-11-11 at 12:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAIitP #45: Rainbow Anarchy

And you manage to post this right before I ask who'll set up the new thread. Well played Si. Well played.
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sabeki View Post
    And you manage to post this right before I ask who'll set up the new thread. Well played Si. Well played.
    That's because Si is a Time Lord.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    So I have food in the microwave but I can't go pick it up because I'm out of razors and haven't shaved in a while and there's people in the kitchen and I'm a worthless piece of trash that can't even do basic tasks or function.
    Lena. Hush. You are not garbage. You are beautiful and sweet and I know you got your food already, but I want you to know that you are not without worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari View Post
    *hugs and gives daisy*

*hugs and gives asters*

Nonono, you are not worthless, that are depression and anxiety talking, not Lena. Lena is a wonderful, strong, admirable young lady who has some issues (issues that I perfectly understand) but those issues don't make her worthless or broken. They just make some things harder, but they don't make Lena as a person any less valuable. *hugs and gives dandelion*

My last couple of days were bad.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Until Friday afternoon I felt pretty good, being at home usually makes me feel better. Friday afternoon my mum and I went shopping for a coat for me and none of the coats in the men's section fit me and the shop assistant kept saying we should look in the women's section. And in the evening I had a long talk with my mother about me being trans (which went pretty great, she's really supportive by now) and my mental health which completely destroyed my good mood and brought back my depression and anxiety.
    And on Saturday I fell ill (again ) and felt bad all day. I should have gone back to my workplace/where I normally live on Sunday, but I felt dizzy all day so I couldn't take the train and stayed at home. And the uncertainness of when/if I should get back really triggered my anxiety and I got sick and got stomach ache. So today I went to the doctor to get a sick certificate and now I'm signed off till next weekend because the doctor wants to make a ultrasonic screening and I said I'd rather be at home. And now I feel bad because I'm off work when I'm not really ill and while I'm glad that I can stay at home for another week, I know that my anxiety of getting back at work will only get worse.

– Juniper
    Sorry to hear that Juniper. Having to stay places you don't like, for me anyway, tends to make things worse. Both in perception and reality.

Sorry I don't have more right now, but I'm running on empty myself.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Clearly, Lagerbeta is an alcoholic drink which is still in testing...

Wait, that would be beta lager. Never mind.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    =O that would be neat!

How are you? Have you gone on your trip yet? I'm bad at time, my schedule straddles normal time conventions like a too-old child demanding pig-a-back rides. I have no idea how long it's been sense you said you were going to go >_<
    My trip to Thailand and surgery will happen April, 2014, so there are at least 5 months ahead of me still.
    Unfortunately, this time frame is less than ideal, considering that I won't be fully healed for when I meet hot Canadian friend at Anime North 2014, late May.
    I should have planned better!
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

7. - Top - End - #7

*GASP!* A moderator graces us with her presence! One who hasn't posted in this thread for a while! IN A COMMON AND WHIMSICAL MANNER!
    these are the end of times O_O
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

*GASP!* A moderator graces us with her presence! One who hasn't posted in this thread for a while! IN A COMMON AND WHIMSICAL MANNER!
    she has actually posted a bit the whole week.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari View Post
    My last couple of days were bad.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Until Friday afternoon I felt pretty good, being at home usually makes me feel better. Friday afternoon my mum and I went shopping for a coat for me and none of the coats in the men's section fit me and the shop assistant kept saying we should look in the women's section. And in the evening I had a long talk with my mother about me being trans (which went pretty great, she's really supportive by now) and my mental health which completely destroyed my good mood and brought back my depression and anxiety.
    And on Saturday I fell ill (again ) and felt bad all day. I should have gone back to my workplace/where I normally live on Sunday, but I felt dizzy all day so I couldn't take the train and stayed at home. And the uncertainness of when/if I should get back really triggered my anxiety and I got sick and got stomach ache. So today I went to the doctor to get a sick certificate and now I'm signed off till next weekend because the doctor wants to make a ultrasonic screening and I said I'd rather be at home. And now I feel bad because I'm off work when I'm not really ill and while I'm glad that I can stay at home for another week, I know that my anxiety of getting back at work will only get worse.

– Juniper
    Juniper,

This is a problem a lot of folks have. When we break our arm, or if we've got the flu or Brain Devouring Ear Worms, it's seen as a "real" illness because it's there, physically, in front of you or chewing its way along your ear canal. What that illness does, though, is impair you from functioning in your usual way - that's why we get treatment, so that impairment is no longer there.

Having an issue with something like anxiety or depression is still very much the same. Both can *greatly* impair your normal function, either by causing you to panic or faint, or draining your energy and ability to interact with others. I guess the point I'm trying to make Juniper is that even though the anxiety is not there in front of you in a sling, or eating your brain from the inside out, it still requires treatment either way. So use that time off work to help yourself heal, just as you would with any other problem.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Oh, come on.
    I actually started this whole LBGT thread thingy around these parts 6 years ago.

I just haven't been very active here.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

11. - Top - End - #11

First class as a girl. It went well. First half was an exam, but I wasn't stoned by anyone, so this counts as a victory. There was a conference by an archeologist in the last hour. I even asked a question, which was said to be a very good question, THE question to ask it seems (Bonus: Now, I can forget everything about aryballoi.)

And I made a trans friend on Saturday! Yay!

(Btw, @ Siuis : You can add me in the consultants. Enrico Dandolo (Caroline) : Trans stuff, mental health, feminism, asexuality, hugs. PM first, Skype chat if asked.)

@ Juniper: *hug*

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Dandolo View Post
    First class as a girl. It went well. First half was an exam, but I wasn't stoned by anyone, so this counts as a victory. There was a conference by an archeologist in the last hour. I even asked a question, which was said to be a very good question, THE question to ask it seems (Bonus: Now, I can forget everything about aryballoi.)

And I made a trans friend on Saturday! Yay!
    Yay! I'm not going to ask what aryballoi are.
    white text is the bestest you might want to look for it
    DeviantART

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    My trip to Thailand and surgery will happen April, 2014, so there are at least 5 months ahead of me still.
    Unfortunately, this time frame is less than ideal, considering that I won't be fully healed for when I meet hot Canadian friend at Anime North 2014, late May.
    I should have planned better!
    I'm sorry, but there must be a second opinion on if hot Canadian friend is actually hot. Required and stuff.
    LGBTA+itP

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Yay! New thread!!!!

And I'm stuck at a crossroads here. I heard that, for the winter play at school, we're going to be doing something that really pertains to the LGBT+ community. I think it's the Road to Valentine, or something like that? About the guy who asked someone to be his valentine and then was shot in the head the next day? Anyway, that's really interesting, and quite a bold move made by our school because it's so controversial. I want to be a part of it (and I'm sure I will by default, since the director wants GSA to be a part of it somehow), but I also want to do Winter Color Guard with my friends who have been asking and asking me to do it. I'm pretty much guaranteed a spot, so long as I at least catch the flags I throw. Color Guard is basically all females, so a male in the group can make a difference greatly when it comes to competitions.

In short, I want to do both, but I will ultimately not be able to do both. They both require daily practices (at least, for the big roles in the play. I'm not sure about the smaller roles) and are around the same time. Advice would be nice. Thank you wonderful people for your time!!

*offers everyone the most exotic and delicious of baked delicacies, and other cuisine to those who may not be able to eat said baked delicacies*

@SiuiS May I be added to the consultants list? If someone needs someone to talk to pertaining to relationships, break ups (which kinda go hand in hand with relationships, but I feel it should be in it's own category), or just rant? I'm a pretty good listener, I think, and I think I give some good advice. I could be reached via Skype, but I'd prefer a PM first that asks if I'm available to be ranted at or talked to. I don't know if I qualify or not, but I'd like to be a bigger part of this thread and help out a little more. I always like to help others.
    Last edited by Akowrules; 2013-11-11 at 01:57 PM.
    'Pride' Pony by Elemental

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Akowrules View Post
    Yay! New thread!!!!

And I'm stuck at a crossroads here. I heard that, for the winter play at school, we're going to be doing something that really pertains to the LGBT+ community. I think it's the Road to Valentine, or something like that? About the guy who asked someone to be his valentine and then was shot in the head the next day? Anyway, that's really interesting, and quite a bold move made by our school because it's so controversial. I want to be a part of it (and I'm sure I will by default, since the director wants GSA to be a part of it somehow), but I also want to do Winter Color Guard with my friends who have been asking and asking me to do it. I'm pretty much guaranteed a spot, so long as I at least catch the flags I throw. Color Guard is basically all females, so a male in the group can make a difference greatly when it comes to competitions.

In short, I want to do both, but I will ultimately not be able to do both. They both require daily practices (at least, for the big roles in the play. I'm not sure about the smaller roles) and are around the same time. Advice would be nice. Thank you wonderful people for your time!!

*offers everyone the most exotic and delicious of baked delicacies, and other cuisine to those who may not be able to eat said baked delicacies*
    You could perhaps audition for the play, and join color guard if you don't get the part you want?
    DeviantART

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Tortoise View Post
    Yay! I'm not going to ask what aryballoi are.
    Plural of aryballos. A Greek perfume earthware container. Big in archaic Corinth. Archeologists with lots of free time and budget unaccounted for made stylistic typologies for students to memorize painfully.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Yay! New thread!!!!

Hmmm both are thing you want to do, are you sure you can't do both? Is there so possible way to where you can do both talking with teachers, and/or coaches. But I would say don't over do yourself, you still have ap classes, be careful and dont push yourself to hard. Also you want help with any of your homework, my skype offer still stands?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Hmmm both are thing you want to do, are you sure you can't do both? Is there so possible way to where you can do both talking with teachers, and/or coaches. But I would say don't over do yourself, you still have ap classes, be careful and dont push yourself to hard. Also you want help with any of your homework, my skype offer still stands?
    It'd be impossible. My school doesn't allow us to do more than one thing (by which I mean the things that take dedication. Such as sports or plays, and others like it. Basically anything that requires daily practice or meetings. For instance, you can be a part of several clubs because they don't meet everyday. Usually once a week or so) and even if it did, I'd be overloaded to the max. And I politely decline the Skype homework help. I appreciate the offer, I really do, but I need to get through it myself. I need to learn to get through things by myself and not depend on the help of others in preparation for college. Thank you for the help though.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Tortoise View Post
    You could perhaps audition for the play, and join color guard if you don't get the part you want?
    The only issue with that is that I don't know the story, really. I just know the blunt story, which is basically what I described. I don't know the cast of characters or anything, so I am pretty much in the dark about it. And color guard auditions are this week while the play's auditions are to be announced. So that makes everything a bit more complicated. But thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate every bit of it
    'Pride' Pony by Elemental

19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asteron Questar View Post
    That's because Si is a Time Lord.
    O______O
    DOES THAT MAKE ME A COMPANION? THAT TECHNICALLY MAKES ME A COMPANION! MY DREAMS!!! THEY HAVE COME TRUE!

All caps bugs me, but I'm that excited, so small print it is~
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

20. - Top - End - #20

The only issue with that is that I don't know the story, really. I just know the blunt story, which is basically what I described. I don't know the cast of characters or anything, so I am pretty much in the dark about it. And color guard auditions are this week while the play's auditions are to be announced. So that makes everything a bit more complicated. But thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate every bit of it
    Find out what the play's story is, posthaste!

Off-topic:
    Spoiler: Homestuck (end of Act 5)
    Show
    I think that this is more or less the epitome of epicness:
    • dying
    • transcending into a dog-girl with ultimate space-time powers
    • holding several planets in the palm of your hand
    • breaking the fourth wall
    Last edited by Proud Tortoise; 2013-11-11 at 02:23 PM.
    DeviantART

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

This is a pretty good link about the effects of trans women's HRT on arousal and desire and stuff.

(Off course everyone's experiences differ but:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was really confused and thrown off when getting on the higher HRT dose actually made me aroused more often again (though arousal on E for me is actually pleasant, compared to how it was often distressing before), and even panicked for a bit that it meant that there was something wrong and stuff. I think it partially also stems from the fact that it does change how your body works and reacts and stuff, so you have to figure out things again and things that worked before might not anymore, which might lead to the impression of sexuality vanishing.(Of course, body issues and such also play a part.)

Edit; of course things will vary and people will react differently, it's just that I've often heard the whole "your sexuality will get a lot less" touted as universal.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2013-11-11 at 02:48 PM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

It'd be impossible. My school doesn't allow us to do more than one thing (by which I mean the things that take dedication. Such as sports or plays, and others like it. Basically anything that requires daily practice or meetings. For instance, you can be a part of several clubs because they don't meet everyday. Usually once a week or so) and even if it did, I'd be overloaded to the max. And I politely decline the Skype homework help. I appreciate the offer, I really do, but I need to get through it myself. I need to learn to get through things by myself and not depend on the help of others in preparation for college. Thank you for the help though.

Find out about the Story like PT said. and why do I get the feeling the story is based off the 13 or 14 year old who was shot for asking another boy out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    O______O
    DOES THAT MAKE ME A COMPANION? THAT TECHNICALLY MAKES ME A COMPANION! MY DREAMS!!! THEY HAVE COME TRUE!

Brazen are you a Whovian?

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    This is a pretty good link about the effects of trans women's HRT on arousal and desire and stuff.

(Off course everyone's experiences differ but:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was really confused and thrown off when getting on the higher HRT dose actually made me aroused more often again (though arousal on E for me is actually pleasant, compared to how it was often distressing before), and even panicked for a bit that it meant that there was something wrong and stuff. I think it partially also stems from the fact that it does change how your body works and reacts and stuff, so you have to figure out things again and things that worked before might not anymore, which might lead to the impression of sexuality vanishing.(Of course, body issues and such also play a part.)
    Getting HRT must feel really strange, now that I think about it.
    DeviantART

24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground

Brazen are you a Whovian?
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess "yes".
    Jude P.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess "yes".
    that is my assumption, but I am going to be polite and wait for her response. if so, the * clears throat*

YA HOOOOOO!!!!!!

it is awesome to meet another Whovian!!!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground

that is my assumption, but I am going to be polite and wait for her response. if so, the * clears throat*

YA HOOOOOO!!!!!!

it is awesome to meet another Whovian!!!
    I'd bet you half the people here watch it. It's a geek forum. I know a few people have mentioned it before.
    I actually finally finished the show yesterday. It took me about a year on and off. Geez.
    That movie was SO 1990s.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

I'd bet you half the people here watch it. It's a geek forum. I know a few people have mentioned it before.
    I actually finally finished the show yesterday. It took me about a year on and off. Geez.
    That movie was SO 1990s.
    but watching does not make one a Whovian.

and ya the movies was so 1990's it funny to watch in that sense.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Hello, everyone. TandemChelipeds here. I have a lot to figure out about myself. I don't know if I count as bi, or pansexual, or what, but the way I like to put it is that I don't really consider sex or gender a prerequisite to finding someone attractive. I'm also not totally sure about my gender identity. I won't call myself trans, because I'm pretty sure that'd be an insult to everyone here who actually is, but I don't really feel altogether masculine. I mean, I don't have a problem being male, but I'm not really committed to Sparkle Motion either. Anyway, regardless of whether I actually qualify to post here(and I'm not entirely sure I do), I still want to be an ally and make friends, so hi. I apologize if I said or say anything altogether inaccurate or offensive, I'm still at a point where I'm making a point of marking out the relevant distinctions in my own mind. I'm not at all comfortable with my own sexuality, and I have very good reasons for that, but I won't get into that unless I'm asked. In short, I'm confused, ignorant, cold, paranoid, privileged, and kind of a generally horrible person. Have fun.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    O______O

Then I'll call you Amy Pond. Or Sarah Jane Smith. Since those are the only two companions I know.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

That movie was SO 1990s.
    We also have a few Hitchhikers, some fans of the Wars, some Trekkies, and more than a few fans of other things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TandemChelipeds View Post
    Hello, everyone. TandemChelipeds here. I have a lot to figure out about myself. I don't know if I count as bi, or pansexual, or what, but the way I like to put it is that I don't really consider sex or gender a prerequisite to finding someone attractive. I'm also not totally sure about my gender identity. I won't call myself trans, because I'm pretty sure that'd be an insult to everyone here who actually is, but I don't really feel altogether masculine. I mean, I don't have a problem being male, but I'm not really committed to Sparkle Motion either. Anyway, regardless of whether I actually qualify to post here(and I'm not entirely sure I do), I still want to be an ally and make friends, so hi. I apologize if I said or say anything altogether inaccurate or offensive, I'm still at a point where I'm making a point of marking out the relevant distinctions in my own mind. I'm not at all comfortable with my own sexuality, and I have very good reasons for that, but I won't get into that unless I'm asked. In short, I'm confused, ignorant, cold, paranoid, privileged, and kind of a generally horrible person. Have fun.
    Aren't we all confused anyway?

Welcome to the thread. We have pretzels, cake, hugs, grief counseling, there is a spider-girl around somewhere biting people...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!