New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: X-Com, Terror From the Deep

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Rapture View Post
    Never mind, you are completely insane. Why would I waste my time with such a primitive and disgustingly sane device?

However, you have insulted my by linking me to the dart gun's invention. As punishment, I have injected myself with enough ADAM to make my body strength equivalent to that of Alex Knight's. Oh, and I still have a stun rod from the last alien war. Prepare to get beaten into a bloody pulp. And survive to feel the pain.

*beats chiasaur11 into a bloody pulp while keeping him alive to feel the pain*
    Ow.

I am in pain. And the dart gun? Sane? No sane man would give soldiers a weapon better suited to carnival attractions for a war against advanced aliens.

Huh. Robotic duplicates were a good idea. Thank you, science.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Alex Knight should be proud: he hasn't even started posting yet, and already has five pages of discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Ow.

I am in pain. And the dart gun? Sane? No sane man would give soldiers a weapon better suited to carnival attractions for a war against advanced aliens.

Huh. Robotic duplicates were a good idea. Thank you, science.
    You mean cybernetic duplicates. Which you stole the technology from me, you untalented hack. Looks like I (read: ADAM-enhanced clones) have to go through the entire base to beat you.

And when I mean sane, I mean that looking or interacting with it at all won't drive you irrevocably insane and gibbering.

[breakingtheforthwall]This hasn't gone too far, has it?[/breakingtheforthwall]
    Kyonko avatar by Elder Tsofu. Revere them.

Spoiler
    Show

JAM Project + Okkusenman = PURE UNDILUTED AWESOME

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

You mean cybernetic duplicates. Which you stole the technology from me, you untalented hack. Looks like I (read: ADAM-enhanced clones) have to go through the entire base to beat you.

And when I mean sane, I mean that looking or interacting with it at all won't drive you irrevocably insane and gibbering.

[breakingtheforthwall]This hasn't gone too far, has it?[/breakingtheforthwall]
    Probably.

Besides. Someone made the dart gun.

If I didn't do it (It's utterly worthless, and no sane scientist would authorize putting that in the field.) and you didn't do it (Not over the top enough)...

Well, witchhunts aren't productive, sure, but something's up.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

5. - Top - End - #125

Hey look, Cubey just turned down his post as lead scientist and ran away for "safety reasons" just before we got to talking about the dart gun...

Obviously, it's his fault the dart gun is in our arsenal. I say we send a team of X-com operatives to storm his mountain home and destroy everything he holds dear for this transgression. And for lulz. And for more test subjects.
    Last edited by Lord of Rapture; 2009-07-28 at 02:14 AM.
    Kyonko avatar by Elder Tsofu. Revere them.

Spoiler
    Show

JAM Project + Okkusenman = PURE UNDILUTED AWESOME

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Hey look, Cubey just turned down his post as lead scientist and ran away for "safety reasons" just before we got to talking about the dart gun...

Obviously, it's his fault the dart gun is in our arsenal. I say we send a team of X-com operatives to storm his mountain home and destroy everything he holds dear for this transgression. And for lulz. And for more test subjects.
    See, this is why I'm needed.

It would be fun, but did you see Cubey's designs for alien war one?

They tended to focus on giant robots, huge explosions, and similar over-the-top ness.

No way he'd design this thing. If he was sabotaging, we'd see a lot more explosions.

Someone else is behind this. And we can't spare the men to execute cowards yet.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Um. Hypothetical question about the dart gun. If one of the engineers was hypothetically speaking the one who just hypothetically built it (but by hypothetical orders from superiors!), could that engineer hypothetically be held responsible for the dart gun?

Hypothetically?
    Duuuude. I just, like, totally divided by zero!

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Alex Knight should be proud: he hasn't even started posting yet, and already has five pages of discussion
    Quite indeed. I find the to be as entertaining as the Let's Play (which of course hasn't started yet).

If it's taking this long, it must be EPIC. No I'm not being sarcastic, what makes you think that?
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

9. - Top - End - #129

Someone else is behind this. And we can't spare the men to execute cowards yet.
    Why execute corwards when you can send them to the frontline to draw the enemies out?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Why execute corwards when you can send them to the frontline to draw the enemies out?
    The problem with that plan is that, this being TftD, anybody who is a coward will infallibly die from fear alone long before getting close enough to the frontline...
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

11. - Top - End - #131
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aricandor View Post
    Um. Hypothetical question about the dart gun. If one of the engineers was hypothetically speaking the one who just hypothetically built it (but by hypothetical orders from superiors!), could that engineer hypothetically be held responsible for the dart gun?

Hypothetically?
    Dammit, Ari! You said that would be our secret!

...I mean, you hypothetically would have said so if this so-called "dart gun" even existed, which it does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

12. - Top - End - #132

The problem with that plan is that, this being TftD, anybody who is a coward will infallibly die from fear alone long before getting close enough to the frontline...
    Pshaw! What is this fear thing of which you speak. We only face monsters made from writhing masses of tentacles who have lain in eternal slumber since time immemorial and have, as their prime desire, the consuming of human flesh while their victim's screams rend the air. See, nothing to worry about. We'll probably be done and back in time for tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Dammit, Ari! You said that would be our secret!

...I mean, you hypothetically would have said so if this so-called "dart gun" even existed, which it does not.
    Yes. That's right! It's a myth! Like Chrysalids and... And... Uh. Other imaginary stuff of nightmare!

Now, let's just get back to building laser cannons and other things that actually exist!
    Last edited by Aricandor; 2009-07-29 at 05:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Chryssalids... are nothing.
    All the horrors of the First Alien War pale in comparison to the neverending terror of what lies below in the oceans' depths.
    This is the end-time. Repent, and die, for those who die will suffer more shortly.
    ...but first, let's make some good profit with this organization of ours.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

15. - Top - End - #135
    Colossus in the Playground

I'll just leave this on the table then. Goodbye.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Chryssalids... are nothing.
    All the horrors of the First Alien War pale in comparison to the neverending terror of what lies below in the oceans' depths.
    This is the end-time. Repent, and die, for those who die will suffer more shortly.
    ...but first, let's make some good profit with this organization of ours.
    Cool! Now get out there and capture some aqua plastics for us to play with!

17. - Top - End - #137

*plays with a squishy ball of Aqua-Plastic.*
    "Hm?"
    *hides it back in her room*
    "I have no alien stuff, aside from some old Elerium. What are you talking about?"
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, I'm just the pilot who drops those suicidal maniacs we call our soldiers onto the battlefield, I'm staying the hell out of those fights.
    But, just so that it's clear, I want those aqua plastics housebroken before I let them into MY craft!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

19. - Top - End - #139

Hey, I'm just the pilot who drops those suicidal maniacs we call our soldiers onto the battlefield, I'm staying the hell out of those fights.
    But, just so that it's clear, I want those aqua plastics housebroken before I let them into MY craft!
    Actually, as far as I understand it's the X-com soldiers who pilot the vehicles. If you're near the frontline, you will grab a weapon and either kill aliens or lure them out. That's the X-com way.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Actually, as far as I understand it's the X-com soldiers who pilot the vehicles. If you're near the frontline, you will grab a weapon and either kill aliens or lure them out. That's the X-com way.
    The last person to say that had to swim all the way back home to base. They never asked me to march into certain death fight on the frontline again.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

21. - Top - End - #141

Well, good thing I fly an Interceptor... or... I DON'T LIKE BEING UNDERWATER. FIND YOUR OWN SUBMARINE-INTERCEPTOR PILOT.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Barbarian in the Playground

I know why X-Com needs to find exceptional soldiers to operate military operations on the ocean floor. Operating in such an environment where a flaw in your kit will certainly cause death. Subject to high pressure, breathing different mixes like trimix or heliox depending on the depth, dealing with nitrogen narcosis and fighting creatures that man was not meant to meet is quite a hard and difficult endeavour.

But still, the protection of humanity is out first and foremost goal, we kicked the etheral's ass on Cydonia, we will prevail against the new invaders from below.

Can you see I memorized the indoctrination guide given to us on our first day? Oooh! I'm looking forwards to our first combat dive.
    Last edited by Ashtar; 2009-07-29 at 09:50 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Where is Alex anyway?

Oh, and whether this is in chia's continuity or not, I'm still a ghost. Let's say, posessing a medkit get boring after a while, and I decided to posess a submarine.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Where is Alex anyway?

Oh, and whether this is in chia's continuity or not, I'm still a ghost. Let's say, posessing a medkit get boring after a while, and I decided to posess a submarine.
    You can possess my sub, provided you don't mind Russian Orchestral music playing constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

If Alex is still taking people with suicidal ideations recruits to kill everything not already dead the Xeno scum, I was forced into this because I got my girl pregnant volunteer.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Guess I have to volunteer for red shirt duty since I'll probably survive the other X-Com LP and will no doubt be unable to retire.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Guess I have to volunteer for red shirt duty since I'll probably survive the other X-Com LP and will no doubt be unable to retire.
    Same here, except that I'm even worse than you - and have already volunteered.
    (Psi strength 8. I didn't know they even went that low.)
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2009-07-29 at 04:39 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    They go all the way down to 0.

We got one of those too. Not anyone who's named. Just a random redshirt.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    I always assumed I'd be shot to death.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Possessed submarines, Lovecraftian monstrosities, megalomaniac scientists, scheming engineers and a commander who is not even trying to hide that he is obviously a major Champion of Khorne.

This is glorious, and it hasn't even started yet.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll