New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I just need to say that Cleopatra's gift giving scene is hilarious.
    I don't see that as an option. Is this based only on servants that you have?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    I don't see that as an option. Is this based only on servants that you have?
    yeah, you can only give and receive chocolates from your own servants.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

So...much...farming...

I'm not even using apples and I'm outright sick of the farming. I haven't even burned through all the saber molds so I've been using the same team for days.

But there's so much left to buy.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

At least the event is a long one though. Two weeks of farming without apples instead of one week of farming with apples is relatively pleasant.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

whoever priced the mana prisms should have done some simple math. it takes about as much chocolate to buy 67 of the servants craft essences to buy out the mana prisms.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    whoever priced the mana prisms should have done some simple math. it takes about as much chocolate to buy 67 of the servants craft essences to buy out the mana prisms.
    I think those are meant to be 'you're still grinding? here have something to spend it on'.

I've just been buying out all the skill mats so far, after getting the CEs and Embers, which I split between LAlturia and Nursery Rhyme.

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I think those are meant to be 'you're still grinding? here have something to spend it on'.

I've just been buying out all the skill mats so far, after getting the CEs and Embers, which I split between LAlturia and Nursery Rhyme.
    mats are a secondary consideration! I need those mana prisms. the mana prisms started as a way to buy the mana prism shop CEs not really as a sink for extra grind. and i never put in the insane grind needed to buy all the mona lisas so now i need to buy those.

Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

For what is worth, the event is pretty long in duration, so we'll get enough time to go slowly. I already bought all the event CEs, mats and fou, I'm not buying the Prisms as I'm already at 6k and don't plan to buy the Prism Shop CEs until Chaldea Tea Time is up. I'm farming up for QP, as leveling up Ecchan's skills costs a ton.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

I've already cleared out the shop except for statues, MPs, and ~10 choco CEs.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

yeah, i need to save up for tea time too, but i need so much QP that i pretty much have to buy these Mona Lisas now that i can. thankfully i know full well that the only other prism CE i missed maxing i did on purpose cause Master XP up sounds like a curse rather than a benefit... those level up AP refreashes were a few and limited and now they are gone... until we get the XP expansion.

in other news i did the challenge quest and for some reason this one hit me harder than normal and did some rediculous quests with no command seal usage. serves me right for trying a non arts team. also i ran out of caster molds and my riders were definitly my best team since i'm using pretty much only 4 star servants. i think my next best team is lancers so at least i get to use minidusa.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-02-14 at 01:18 AM.

Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

For those not aware.

Extra 10 SQ for the 600 days campaign, which is pretty good~!

Also, on the topic of the Challenge Quest, I did it with the same setup as the Château d'If (Mash, Martha, Merlin | Nero, Kintoki (Rider) | Cu Chulainn).
    It was harder somehow (I did it on first try but spent the Command Spells on it), I lost my whole party by the time the Blue Valkyrie showed up (around 7 enemies left) and best doggo actually stayed up around 4 rounds by himself (took down the Queen of Honey and Shooting Godess). Had I used better my master skills I may have not needed to refill the party with CS. It took me 42 turns and I won't be touching it again, thanks.

"**** if I know."

12. - Top - End - #102

This challenge quest was a lot easier for me than the Dantes one. My team was Waver, Merlin, and Raikou, with a second Merlin once Mama died. Spamming NPs was pretty effective, even with the HP recover down debuff.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, having a Raikou guest was a huge help. Second try, I managed to clear it at only the cost of my command seals. And I have to say, having a ready-to-fire AoE effective against everyone as soon as you bounce back? Really helps clear the plate.

Fact is, I cleared more than half of them before I even got to that point. That's the advantage of bringing Mash, Herc, and ROAD ROLLA DA. The real trick was prioritizing targets - primary targets were Assassins and Archers, for their short NP charges, followed by anyone with an AoE. It was far too tempting to get rid of Nightingale, but fact is she was one of the least threatening opponents, so she managed to outlast a good five or six of her colleagues.

So not trying that again.

As for the shop, I'm... not trying all that hard, I guess? I'm still lazily plugging away at these little cutscenes - I'm pretty much done with all of my chocolate scenes, and only have gift scenes left. I'm not starved for any materials, and I'm not convinced that these CEs are super-tempting. (Maybe for next year?) So I'm just kind of chipping away gradually.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #104

I've been hammering away at the sweet difficulty missions - the forbidden pages are a better prize than anything left in the shop.

The challenge quest was tough, but I pulled through at the expense of my command spells. Still, I only need to do it once and there's nothing else to use the seals on in the next three days, so a win's a win.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

15. - Top - End - #105

BlackDragon

Shinjuku announced. Whore yourselves out on Facebook/Twitter for quartz.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Indeed, announced it is! We have no information on its launch date, yet, but it should be pretty soon (next week, maybe.) Let's help out with that campaign so we get 10 SQ! (a very good improvement from the standard 3 meme.)
    Spoiler: Promo + Link
    Show

"**** if I know."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Ohey, you're on the TvTropes forums too.
    Small internet.

18. - Top - End - #108

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Ohey, you're on the TvTropes forums too.
    Small internet.
    I'm on rpg.net as well. I probably spend too much time on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Indeed, announced it is! We have no information on its launch date, yet, but it should be pretty soon (next week, maybe.) Let's help out with that campaign so we get 10 SQ! (a very good improvement from the standard 3 meme.)
    Story chapters have always been 10SQ. Events get 3.
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2019-02-15 at 07:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

Mostly finished with Valentines, excited for Shinjuku. The last challenge quest was a little hard but I managed to -narrowly- pull a no Merlin, no Command seal win that I was pretty happy with. Cleo is just an absolute monster at wave clear stuff, and did great. Still trying to save, that Melt animation rework looks REALLY tasty.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

20. - Top - End - #110

RedWizardGuy

Welp, no MHXA for me. I'll have to console myself with altera. New year's was way more rewarding for me.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Slowly marching towards lvl. 100 with my mhxa.

Grinding QP is a lot easier than people made it out to be. If i find the time, i can do one grail a day.
    Granted that might all be due to how easy s. mordred makes the quest.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    Slowly marching towards lvl. 100 with my mhxa.

Grinding QP is a lot easier than people made it out to be. If i find the time, i can do one grail a day.
    Granted that might all be due to how easy s. mordred makes the quest.
    Grinding QP isn't hard, just tedious. I can three-turn the quest every time, but it only gives around 1 million QP, and I can need upwards of 50 million sometimes. Do I want to run that three-turn quest 50 times? Hell no. Spreading it out over several days helps, but I still end up with Servants that don't have their skills maxed. And I haven't even grailed anybody yet.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice on that quest to get lv 100 ecchan, I'm gathering up materials to raise her from 6/6/10 to her 10/10/10.

So, apart from he Shiinjuku event, we are getting something interesting it seems. Memorial Quests (first forecast for second anniversary) are making an appearance because of the FGO USA Tour as a commemorative campaign!
    Difficult quests that mirror the main events (or important fights) from 100 Years of Wars of Dragons all the way to the Absolute Demonic Front. The reward is a ticket for each clear, and an eight challenging quest.
    Now I do believe this is all new content, this wasn't a thing when Shinjuku first released, two years back. The Challenge Quests may be the ones that were available during the second anniversary, but then again, they may be not, which makes this exciting!

Also, Break Bars are being introduced, raising the difficulty ceiling way up.

Also, singularty-based summoning campaign (click image for details.)

"**** if I know."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

these memorial quests are surprisingly hard. as in if i don't plan out my team right they will take out a couple servants. i am so glad that i managed to get an avenger though. i really wouldn't want to fight those wyverns with that kind of protection.

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    these memorial quests are surprisingly hard. as in if i don't plan out my team right they will take out a couple servants. i am so glad that i managed to get an avenger though. i really wouldn't want to fight those wyverns with that kind of protection.
    I had no trouble up to the Camelot fight, as expected. I tried that damn knight 9 times, at which point I gave up and used the CS to revive. I am currently trying Singularity F, which is pretty broken.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saber Alter will always priorize Caster servants (because those are supporters most of the time), and buffs herself at the start of every turn, so this is pretty hard.
    Spoiler: Edit
    Show
    Her Defender of Humanity EX skill is pretty strong, it is basically her Bond CE on every hit (defense down each hit), and she just won't stop Mana Bursting before releasing Excalibur Morgan, and she won't stop Intuition before going all into my caster support.

In the end I did win, by using one full SQ. I retried twice, of course.

Break Bars will be... a thing.
    Last edited by Yael; 2019-02-19 at 04:34 AM.

"**** if I know."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

I had no trouble up to the Camelot fight, as expected. I tried that damn knight 9 times, at which point I gave up and used the CS to revive. I am currently trying Singularity F, which is pretty broken.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saber Alter will always priorize Caster servants (because those are supporters most of the time), and buffs herself at the start of every turn, so this is pretty hard.
    Show
    Her Defender of Humanity EX skill is pretty strong, it is basically her Bond CE on every hit (defense down each hit), and she just won't stop Mana Bursting before releasing Excalibur Morgan, and she won't stop Intuition before going all into my caster support.

I used my, "I give up i can't believe i'm allowing myself to use the smug bastard" team. with consists of support Merlin, Tamamo-no-Mae, and Archuria. the rest of the team is a couple backup archers and mash. and the Atlas institute Uniform.
    edit: important note for the consistency of my version of this team, i have a MLB prisma cosmos on Tamamo, and a MLB Formalcraft on Archuria. to get things started Merlin also had a 50% NP start CE.
    Spoiler
    Show
    having two casters helps spread the pain around and merlin has the healing over time and invuln for the NP when it actually manages to go off. Tamamo has the burst heals and skill cooldowns. they also have all the NP gen to get off their NPs as often as possible. you can probably use a different mystic code but the skill cooldown skill came up once to get the invuln up in time, and the cleanse was used when one of the casters had too many defense debuffs piled on. the invuln button was used when ever a mage got too low and i didn't have heals up so i needed a turn of heal over time. though i'll be honest the fight looked hard so i didn't actually try to not use Merlin, so i managed to do this in one try with no revives and no lost servent.

i did end up using command seals on Camelot though cause i used a generic archer team.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-02-19 at 05:31 AM.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Oh boy, those sound not fun. I'm getting what chocolates I can before it runs out before I try these memorial quests. And no doubt fail miserably because my support options are woefully inadequate, outside of friends.

Well, it turns out Merlin was enough (Tamamo got wiped out by dragons real quick) to help me take out Jalter with Jack, Carmilla and Mash. (Herc also fell to a single NP blow from a dragon, since it was a jerk and did its NP charge then hit him).
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2019-02-19 at 08:58 AM.

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Grinding QP isn't hard, just tedious. I can three-turn the quest every time, but it only gives around 1 million QP, and I can need upwards of 50 million sometimes. Do I want to run that three-turn quest 50 times? Hell no. Spreading it out over several days helps, but I still end up with Servants that don't have their skills maxed. And I haven't even grailed anybody yet.
    I've been doing it somewhat leisurely so it's been kind of fun.

Mhxa was the reason i decided to play the game so she's my first.

Nice on that quest to get lv 100 ecchan, I'm gathering up materials to raise her from 6/6/10 to her 10/10/10.
    I have the mats to max KIH but i don't have enough QP... that 20mil is going to be a huge wall to climb.

Same except i used them one at a time... big mistake. Did it by the skin of my teeth in the end though.

Spoiler
    Show
    I was livid, "why do you keep on attacking my caster!".

Show

Even with class advantage, it's like hitting a brick wall. My crits don't even do that much. I'm really not looking forward to these break bars...

I never really optimize my teams but still these quest were hard.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'm a bit miffed that the challenge quests come before the end of the Valentine event, as I'm going to be busy farming chocolates for the next two days, so that will give me less time to complete the challenges.
    But they are only 5 AP to start, so it won't be a problem to repeat them should I need to restart them due to losing.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I'm a bit miffed that the challenge quests come before the end of the Valentine event, as I'm going to be busy farming chocolates for the next two days, so that will give me less time to complete the challenges.
    But they are only 5 AP to start, so it won't be a problem to repeat them should I need to restart them due to losing.
    if you want to you can wait till after valentine's, the quests will still be there for a few more days after, you just won't have as much time to recover command seals.

Current avatar by me