New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Turn 2: End of Main Phase 1

"I flip over my trap card, Bakura! Spellbinding circle! This card traps your Diabound in place, unable to fight!"
    "So what? You still can't tell your pieces anything!"
    The Pharaoh pointed at Bakura. "That's of no matter, Bakura! Because they are not pieces, they are my friends! And they know how to deal with the likes of you and your Diabound!"
    The other pieces on the board lifted up the Diabound token and, after carrying it to the edge of the game table, threw it off.
    "You set me up in a game where I cannot control my pieces, but I do not need to control them! We will best you together, as friends!"

Spoiler: Result
    Show
    CaoimhinTheCape was lynched. He was Diabound, the Vortexer.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

Number Player Role Team
    1 AvatarVecna
    2 BatCatHat
    3 Apogee1
    4 CaoimhinTheCape Diabound Villain
    5 Elenna Dark Magician Girl Hero
    6 totadileplayz
    7 JeenLeen
    8 rogue_alchemist Yugi Moto Hero
    9 Gac3
    10 BookWombat
    11 Valmark
    12 Murska Pharaoh ____ Hero

Main Phase 2

Submit your actions!
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-05-11 at 11:10 AM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp. If that doesn't take JeenLeen over the edge to "definitely town" then I don't know what will. Good to know.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds fair to think that totadileplayz isn't Bakura either- if he was this would have been a mighty weird play. Assuming it's true that one of the Ishtar contacted him he could have done a better job for testing Seer/Fool without the whole plan about getting mixed around, freeing CaoimhinTheCape up in order to make him mix two Townie and screwing up their feedbacks a bit more.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-05-11 at 11:41 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

To any of you who have QTs left but aren't networked with me, feel free to network with me. I'll share the QT link with Solomon Moto as well, so we can all network during the Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Sounds fair to think that totadileplayz isn't Bakura either- if he was this would have been a mighty weird play. Assuming it's true that one of the Ishtar contacted him he could have done a better job for testing Seer/Fool without the whole plan about getting mixed around, freeing CaoimhinTheCape up in order to make him mix two Townie and screwing up their feedbacks a bit more.
    I am inclined to trust totaldileplayz right now. Not... strongly trusting them, but inclined to.
    But I'm less trusting of the "other Tombkeeper" who reached out to them via QT during D1.

- - - Updated - - -

Clarification: my inclination to trust totaldile isn't just because of the points Valmark raised, but they are part of it. Also some stuff circulating through QTs makes him a bit more believable. I'll refrain from saying more until Day, and if I'm dead then two other townies have my full commentary and can post it.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Just to be clear, everyone should be using their abilities.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait... If we got diabound then we can't get vortex-ed tonight right?

7. - Top - End - #187

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    yep that's correct.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

Only if Blue-Eyes White Dragon isn't in the game.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Only if Blue-Eyes White Dragon isn't in the game.
    I reread this role description and I realized that "turning yourself into a trading card" is apparently a thing people can do in this universe. It kinda makes me want to learn more about Yu-Gi Oh. Seems delightfully bonkers.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I reread this role description and I realized that "turning yourself into a trading card" is apparently a thing people can do in this universe. It kinda makes me want to learn more about Yu-Gi Oh. Seems delightfully bonkers.
    Yu-Gi-Oh (at least like first generation Yu-Gi-Oh) was fun. Would recommend.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Good point about Blue Eyes.
    Blue Eyes, if you exist and don't mind absorbing a hit, protecting me would be nice. If the wolves try to kill me, I don't die and you are probably one of the folk not vetted and who might get mislynched anyhow, so the kill narrows our list of suspected wolves. If the wolves don't try to kill me, I'll see you targeted me and be able to support your claim--or be paranoid and think you're Bakura, but I'm doing that to almost everybody
    It also stops you from inadvertently stopping me, a seer, or another person from trying to ID Bakura or Zorc.

Yet... I'm leaning that Blue Eyes isn't in play. It seems an odd power, and there's no evidence of it screwing up results N1.
    I'm also guessing Blue Eyes isn't one of the Roles confirmed to be not-in-play to Bakura, because otherwise I think at least one of the folk I'm talking with would have used it as part of their cover story.

Yu-Gi-Oh (at least like first generation Yu-Gi-Oh) was fun. Would recommend.
    I really enjoyed the original series with Yugi as the main character. I didn't watch the last few seasons, but mostly because I moved out from home and didn't have TV. I feel like it got a bit more wonky as they get into the larger plot, and there's some 'filler' parts of the anime for when it was waiting for the manga to get written (and some of those are odd; enjoyable, but odd), but all-in-all a cool cartoon.

You have to suspend your disbelief and accept that... like, so much of economics and worldview would focus on a card game. That is maybe justified eventually by the card game being a modern incarnation of literal magic, or something like that, but it is still a bit wonky. But I reckon that's no bigger suspension of disbelief than say, in the old X-Men Animated Series that Sentinels wouldn't get shut down super-quick due to all the civil lawsuits of the cars they step on and buildings they literally tear apart looking for mutants.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

A bit of an oversimplification, to be honest. She turned herself into a stone tablet, because it was Ancient Egypt. Later, Pegasus (Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Game) took her soul and split it between four trading cards.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    A bit of an oversimplification, to be honest. She turned herself into a stone tablet, because it was Ancient Egypt. Later, Pegasus (Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Game) took her soul and split it between four trading cards.
    I like Pegasus, especially after Season 1. Don't want to spoiler anything, though.
    I don't think I saw the episodes where it got into Blue Eyes, and the details about Yugi and Seto's prior incarnations.
    Most people who get turned into trading cards have it done against their will. Or it's more "trapped in a playing card" sorta-deal. Or a stone tablet. Guess that happens, too.

The manga gets hariliously violent at times with some of its Shadow Games, before the 'card game' stuff starts up a lot. I've only read one or two of the books, but, like, a guy winds up being forced to burn himself to death. Another guy gets exploded by nitroglycerin. They're bad guys, yeah, but--that's what the Pharaoh, the good guy, does to them.
    I gather he becomes a bit more moral as the story develops.

The anime is a lot tamer. People get killed (or 'sent to another dimension' or something like that, if the US censored version), trapped in cards, or mentally scared, but no violent deaths.
    Some implied potential violent deaths, though.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed that an Ancient Egyptian didn't turn herself into a trading card. Still sounds pretty strange, I guess.

15. - Top - End - #195

I hope I don't die, the suspense is high. Was that a bad rhyme? I'm sorry, I didn't have much time.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-05-12 at 11:11 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    I hope I don't die, the suspense is high. Was that a bad rhyme? I'm sorry, I didn't have much time.
    The crunch of times makes us all fate's lark.
    But fear not, for our cards have heart.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

It is now the Endphase

I will put the actions together.

- - - Updated - - -

Turn 3

Draw Phase
    Powers Refresh

Standby Phase

"You may have dealt with my Diabound, but you still have me to contend with!" Bakura said happily. "Oh, did I mention time is up?"
    An a new piece broke out of the board. One that towered over the other pieces. A great purple creature with two heads: one growing from his neck, and the other...
    Spoiler: Well...
    Show

"That's Zorc!?"
    "Yes! The darkness is upon you! Now, Zorc! Unleash your power!"
    Zorc launched from his dragon head a great ball of burning black fire, headed straight for the center of the Pharaoh's pieces.
    "No!"
    "This duel is over!"
    Another roar sounded, and one of the Pharaoh's pieces flew directly into the blast. A great beast, a dragon with blue eyes, took the attack, saving the others.
    "Thank you, Kisara."
    Bakura did not look disturbed. "No matter. It's not as if that dragon can get in the way a second time!"

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Apogee1 was killed. He was the Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

Number Player Role Team
    1 AvatarVecna
    2 BatCatHat
    3 Apogee1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon Hero
    4 CaoimhinTheCape Diabound Villain
    5 Elenna Dark Magician Girl Hero
    6 totadileplayz
    7 JeenLeen
    8 rogue_alchemist Yugi Moto Hero
    9 Gac3
    10 BookWombat
    11 Valmark
    12 Murska Pharaoh ____ Hero

Main Phase 1
    Post now!
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-05-12 at 12:15 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Y'know... I wanted to let everyone talk and have fun and theorize and all...
    Got a big post to share and such...

My last will and testament
    Spoiler: kinda moot but took time to write it
    Show

This is JeenLeen's 'Last Will', put in Solomon Moto (BatCatHat's) QT.
    I wrote up a big thing Tuesday, and it's in a spoiler below, but some new info and thought Wednesday morning (before Night ends) updated it.
    I gave the original last will to both Solomon and Tea, but this updated version just to Solomon. Tea's not verified, and I didn't want her to know Blue Eyes is warding me, just out of extra paranoia. But note AV did know Blue Eyes is warding me.

Here's the updated version:
    Here are the claims I've gotten or deduced
    AvatarVecna - Baby Dragon. Some hints as Zorc.
    BatCatHat - Solomon Moto verified.
    Apogee1 - Blue Eyes claim.
    totaldileplayz - Marik claim.
    JeenLeen - Mai Valentine verified
    Gac3 - Dark Magician claim
    Book Wombat - Tea claim, but seems legit. Networked with me and BatCatHat.
    Valmark - no claim, but Ishizu by process of elimination

So who is lying?

Code:
    Here's my data and potential lies

totaldile told me that Ishizu scried AV N1.
    totaldile told me that AV is Baby Dragon. (But did not answer if that was the result of the scry.)
    Tea said she got "No result" when using DMG's power on AV.
     Unless something messed up targeting, she should have seen that Ishizu targeted AV.
    AV says she is Baby Dragon.
    Maybe the Lovers' Magical Hatted AV N1 and it stopped Town powers? (Note wolf powers are faster and do activate N1, even if warded.)

Side note: Apogee1 plans to protect me N2 to confirm he's Blue Eyes
    Side note 2: I have no good way to verify Tea, but trust Book Wombat. I could verify gac3 -- and lied to AV and totaldile and said I was going to -- but I used Aroma on totaldile to verify him instead.

My conclusions
    But that Magical Hats 'maybe' does not matter! I think.

If Tea is lying:
     Tea is a wolf, obviously.
     AV presumably is Town, or else it is an odd distancing gambit.
     Unclear who the other wolf is, and sorry I trusted Tea so much.
    If Tea is honest:
     Valmark is the wolf. He either got "Baby Grower" as a Bakura-scry before Magical Hats protected AV, or is lying about the result.
     Maybe AV is Zorc? That or she was Magical Hatted. She has an explanation for why the Lovers might've done that, but... well, I don't know Murska enough to know if it's valid.
    If totaldile is lying:
     My guess is there is no 'other Tombkeeper' and totaldile is Bakura, knowing both Marik and Ishizu are not in play.
     This seems far-fetched, and not sure what to do with this to find Zorc. Maybe it's AV?
    If totaldile is honest, but being dupped by Valmark (or whoever claimed Ishizu):
     Same results as If Tea is honest
    If gac3 is lying:
     Still don't really follow why you claimed, dude, but, uh... you're a wolf if you lied.
     ...not sure what to do with this info.
     I kinda doubt AV is a wolf if gac3, and vice-versa, but maybe it's an extreme distancing in response to knowing Diabound was lost?
    IF I DIE TONIGHT:
     Apogee1 is a wolf, as he claimed Blue Eyes and was supposed to protect me.
    Spoiler: original Last Will
    Show

Here's JeenLeen's info. He has asked Tea and Solomon Moto to post should he die

tl;dr: unless you think AV would be trusted enough to be baned N1, or info-gathering from last night definitely IDed a wolf, kill AV as Zorc

AvatarVecna claims Baby Dragon. --from AV
    AvatarVecna was targeted by True Seer and Tea. --from totaldile and Tea
    Ishizu got <data not known to JeenLeen>. -- odd AV & totaldile stopped talking to me when I questioned this
    Tea got "No result". --from Tea

For AV to have yielded "No result" to Tea using DMG's power, that means nobody targted AV successfully or Tea's targeting failed.
    Which means
    1) AV is Zorc
    2) AV was warded by Magical Hats
    Do any of you think AV would be that trusted N1? I mean, maybe by Murska; they are an unknown to most of us. But also believe that Baby Dragon is in a game this small? AV even joked (in our QT) about how it seemed a cruel joke that Xi gave her that Role, but that could be (and from AV, might well be) a wolf trying to lampshade how unbelievable the Role is.

So here's my thought, assuming nobody has a better idea or IDed a wolf via their Night actions.
    Let's lynch AV as Zorc.
    • If AV is Baby Dragon, maybe Tea lied to me about "No result", but I doubt that. Seems not a wise move, unless it gets us to one mislynch means wolves win. But I think this would shed significant light on totaldile, though I guess I haven't 100% thought through how. (A wolf may have told me a real townie was scried Town N1, to build towncred.)
    • If AV is Zorc, then either totaldile is Bakura OR whoever totaldile believes is Ishtar is Bakura.

Also, I would prefer everyone massclaim. If nobody claims the True Seer, then we know totaldileplayz is Bakura and has been lying about being networked with the True Seer. I reckon some power use will catch some wolf in a lie.

Someone should also do the math of how many more mislynches we can afford. I tend to be bad at that math and been so sloppy this game, that someone please doublecheck the below:
    I think we've got 8 players during N2. As of D3, will have 7, presumably 2 wolves and 5 town.
    If we mislynch, 2 wolves and 4 townies, which goes to 2 wolves and 3 townies after the NK.
    So we can afford 1 mislynch, right? I don't like that low margin of error, but at least it is some wiggle room.

Thoughts on the other players
    This excludes me knowing who Solomon is and being pretty sure about who Tea is.

While Valmark's posts have been generally helpful mechanically, they also seem to be *excatly* what is needed to clarify what I'm posting with AV and/or totaldile about in my QT to make them look a bit less wolfy. It definitely covered why "No result" doesn't necessarily mean Zorc.
    Nothing definite, and I am posting here and there at similar times so it is reasonable, but I could see it as wolf!Valmark spreading seeds to make their scumbuddy seem a bit less suspicious to me.

Apogee has been oddly quiet. I would think a wolf would be talkative to not seem too quiet... but, well, WIFOM cycles at that thought.

Some more heat to AV, sorta: her posting during the Night Phase seems odd for her, when Town. Not that she was too talkative for a townie, but I'd think she'd be more discouraging of it.

Book Wombat and Batcathat haven't added enough of substance to really talk about.

But should I end this instead?
    BOOM!
    Spoiler: feedback
    Show

Elegant Egotist: You were targeted by, in no particular order, AvatarVecna, Apogee1.
    Aroma Strategy: Your target received the result: "Your target is Mai Valentine, the Observer."

So totaldileplayz received that I was Mai on N1... so he's no Fool, are you, Bakura?
    And I got targeted by Apogee (Blue Eyes) and Avatar Vecna (supposed a powerless Baby Dragon).
    Nah, Zorc, got ya!

Good game.

- - - Updated - - -

Follow-up: I could see totaldile saying he's been lying all along to protect himself from the wolves. If folk want to kill AV first, I'm cool with that. Especially if any results others got might've vindicated totaldile or made someone else look suspicious.

19. - Top - End - #199

Fun times.
    totadileplayz I guess? I don't mind either way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Valmark, I would like you to claim, for curiousity's sake at least.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww, I was kinda hoping I'd get to feel all important for a while as the executor of Jeen's testament. I was leaning towards AV and gac as the remaining wolves but I agree this looks quite bad for totadileplayz.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm confused. Will reread what Jeen said later.

In the meantime, @BatCatHat, did you have anything odd happen to you last night?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Valmark, I would like you to claim, for curiousity's sake at least.
    I would also like this.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Game End

I'll write a wrap-up post and we'll close it out.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

In the meantime, @BatCatHat, did you have anything odd happen to you last night?
    No, nothing I can think of. Why?

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Valmark is the real seer. The game is over. Our only chance at surviving today was that Apogee was bluffing.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

No, nothing I can think of. Why?
    Was trying to see what happened. Valmark targeted you. If you had something happen, then I would know they probably weren't the seer.

- - - Updated - - -

Well... Dang

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm confused. Will reread what Jeen said later.
    In short, I was targeted by Apogee and AV.
    Apogee (Blue Eyes) took the effect of AV's targeting, and died. Thus, AV is Zorc.
    Elegant Egotist doesn't target, and Blue Eyes changes the effect but not the targeting, hence me seeing a Zorc target.

For totaldile: I used Aroma to see what feedback he got N1 when he targeted me.
    Since he got I was Mai (correct), he's not the Fool as he claimed.
    I'm concluding he is Bakura, though I admit there's other possibilities.

But: he also told me Ishizu scried AV N1, and implied got Town Baby Dragon. Yet Book Wombat targeted AV N1 and got "No result". Thus, I'm leaning that totaldile and AV were crafting a lie together, while appearing to be hostile to each other.

If Valmark isn't Ishizu, then almost everything totaldile said is a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Valmark is the real seer. The game is over. Our only chance at surviving today was that Apogee was bluffing.
    Game End

I'll write a wrap-up post and we'll close it out.
    Oh, cool.

But, really. Good game. I did not really expect AV and totaldile together. I probably would have gone after gac3 or Valmark as Bakura, if not for the Aroma feedback.

28. - Top - End - #208

I'm glad I followed my gut when choosing who to target with Sage's Stone (Dark Magician Girl's power).

Also, this is my first game where I stayed alive and won, yay!
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-05-12 at 12:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

Planetar

Really we were starting off with a weak hand after n1 was finished, there weren't any good plays to do. Thus, well...
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-05-12 at 12:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Pointless to say it now but yeah, I'm Ishizu. Though I discovered it only today.

I must admit, I should have realized totadileplayz being reticent to put me and you in contact was suspicious- but I was still in a spot where killing me wasn't good, so I wasn't too worried of getting myself known.

Out of curiosity, what was the point of saying that AV was Baby Dragon? Why not tell the truth since there was an explanation for her being untargetable N1?