New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

Spoiler: Guardian and the Nolkir
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by kjelfalconer View Post
    She chose to do so in more private surroundings - public spectacles were far more Frvamas' taste than her own, and Zeliiv-Zel would be disappointed were she to offer her own answers so readily to the others present.
    "My thanks for this finite time you possess. Your information on us, and indeed everyone else, is most impressive, though perhaps also a little disconcerting. My people are vigilant - I would like to believe that no surveillance of that magnitude would escape our notice, and yet here we are. Might I ask by what means you attained it?"

"Conversation topic acceptable. Many things difficult to translate. Effort will be made. Patience requested."

"Entire Galaxy composed of a multitude of well planned <Inverse Implosions/Prayer Pacts/Gift Thefts> Creations. This one was not created till much later. Still, records indicate that during composition,
    <!!!!/####/&&&&> Untranslatable elements were added to solar engines. Stars. Black Holes. Luminariums. This created..."

Guardian paused, it's audio line going flat for a few seconds, but it's eye continuing to swirl.

"Closest available translation: Light Additives. Concept: Universe had skin. <!!!!/####/&&&&> Untranslatable elements gave it fur. Functional without fur. More desirable with fur. Plausible concept? Light Additives are result. Provide constant information, when activated. Downside: Power drain increased."

Spoiler: Guardian and Lyrae
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Lyrae herself has business only with Guardian. She enters one of the private rooms and seats herself on the provided chair. Once there, she reaches up and undoes the clasps which hold her mask to her face. Behind it is bleach-white fur and golden eyes that shimmer slightly. She looks to Guardian with solemn purpose and has but a single question.

Am I alone? Are there others of my kind in the universe? Not the children of the stars, but the spirits of them?”

...Or maybe several questions.

"Conversation topic acceptable. Questions presented are confusing. Clarification required."

With a quiet whirl of noise from the table, the hologram of Guardian moves from the glass panel to the opposite side of the table, enlarging itself to be more or less the same size as a Lyraen's head. "Does the Ascended One of Lyrae - designation Lyrae - wish to know if she is by herself in this room? Does Lyrae wish to know if her Lyraen people are the only Lyraens in the Axiom Galaxy? Does Lyrae wish to know the status of other --- Translating --- Ascended Ones?"

"In order, the answers to those are: Yes. No, though cultural variances and minor evolution changes will create unforeseen differences. Status unknown, more details needed."

Spoiler: Guardian and the Ninturine
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Private Conference Room

Away from the main hall, Cherahiteth put his first question to Guardian.

"You say that your resources are failing and you will switch to power conservation mode. Could connection to a new power source extend your operational lifespan?"

"Conversation topic acceptable. Query in response to query. What power sources are available to the Ninturine? Miniaturized Quantum Phase Batteries would extend power conservation mode. For comparison, Miniaturized Quantum Phase Batteries - when properly iodized through Caller created calcification - would be provide equivalent power to <10 to the power of 15.5> Entropic Pearls. Full extended self-maintenance required to purge irregularities and return to optimal performance parameters. Compression of entire collection of Nintruine's Entropic Pearls in Malak - made from beginning of history up until now, and for the next 56 Galactic Years - into a single item might feasibly provide power for --- calculating --- 23.56% of full extended self-maintenance. Only known quantity of<-----/*****/{}{}{}> Untranslatable is tied to other sibling maintenance cycles. Inadvisable to attempt retrieval, even if locations for sibling AI were known quantities."

The hologram of Guardian in the Adjoining Room they were in grew to be roughly the same size as a Malakid head, and floated in the center of the table. "This one asks again: Does the Ninurtine Empire have additional power sources unknown to the Simulacrum's scans?"

Spoiler: Of Grymlans and Spaceships
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelWizard View Post
    Of Grymlans and Spaceships - Odeum Δ

"Misplaced?" Jeejee asked as she beamed back at the strange dragonwinged woman, there were truly strange and wondrous people gathered at the event. "A Darkship? No-no-" her tail flicked back and forth as she thought hard about the latest projects the corporations she managed were working on. "None that mindsprings." She glanced back at her compatriot, "Deejhan, do the thing!"

There was a hum from Deejhan's staff as he fiddled with some settings as a holographic image sprang forth from the top in the form of the letters, "OwO."

"Hewwo!!!" Roared OwO, causing the Grymlans to wince and cover their ears (or at least one ear on Deejhan's part.) Quickly Jeejee's assistant dialed down the volume to much more reasonable levels.

"Oh, wats this. Aww these intewesting peopwes. My name is OwO, AI and fwiend to the Gwymwan peopwe." OwO's hologram seemed to bobble as if it were nodding in satisfaction, "Was thewe something you wish to tawk about?"

Jeejee motioned to the Celestia Enterprises representative and said, "This person stateclaims Grymlans piloted their darkship to their region. Yet till now Grymlans lacked knowhow of Gravity Latch Drive."

"OwO twacks aww gwymwan shippys in combine, none awe missing that OwO has noticed."

Though lacking in facial expressions, it was clear that Guardian could not help but notice the presence of OwO, especially after the AI said hewwo-errr, hello. "Plausible alternative: other Grymlans-like beings exist in cosmos. Evolutionary cousins, hard to distinguish without sufficiently advanced scanning. Additional alternative: Flaw in logic with AI designation: OwO. Additional alternative: Flaw in science of Celestia in identification of Inspiration 7. Not enough details to solidify most likely solution."

"Addendum: Please refrain from further high volume greetings, and further CLS branding within the Simulacrum. Appreciation expressed."

Odeum Δ - So Many Queries

With so many people asking so many questions, Guardian's response was actually quite calm and collected. As questions were asked, the AI would create a text based copy of it, and then each time the same or a similar question was asked in public, the priority for answering the question would increase. Eventually, the AI answered all questions.

Where did the Callers go? What happened to them?
    iii

"This one's Creators far exceed the current level <changeover/baptism/evolution> Maturation process. Advancements were made, beyond this one's framework for proper communication of occurrence or ability to reproduce similar results. Supposition: they continued <changeover/baptism/evolution> Maturation to it's full extent."

What is the origin of 30854.26.11.54 Galactic Time? How is Galactic Time measured?
    iii

"Individual additional data on subject will be provided regarding exact translations for cultural equivalencies of Galactic Time. Collective answer: the first digit is a Galactic Year. The second digit is a Galactic Day. The third digit is a Galactic Hour. The last digit is a Galactic Minute."

The questions on the wall temporarily removed themselves as an example of what Guardian was speaking of showed up, with the digits broken down in a different way.

"30854.26.11.54 Galactic Time can also be referred to as GY 30854 GD 26 GH 11 GM 54."

The wall's questions returned, as Guardian continued, "The exact length of a Galactic Year is 120 Galactic Days. A Galactic Day last 12 Galactic Hours, with each hour 100 Galactic Minutes in time. Smaller time-frames recorded for analytical purposes only, and available upon request, but their use is not common practice."

What is on the edges of the galaxy?
    ii

"The edges of the Axiom are the postulations of nothingness. From nothingness, information of what is 'something' is achieved. Without nothing - the space between - there is no something. Beyond the edges are distant galaxies. Axiom is not alone. Unable to provide further details. Possibilities of visiting other galaxies using current technology levels is --- calculating --- 0.0000000000000083% assuming no loss of life to eons of time. Supposition: At least one of this one's siblings may have left Axiom for an unknown galaxy. This one's siblings, with full life cycle and self-maintenance systems, have a 46.39872001% chance of surviving complete nothingness for the assumed time limit between Galaxies."

Who are the Callers?
    ii

"This one's creators. They were primarily thinkers. No evidence to dissuade established claim of being the eldest race of Axiom. Sufficient data to suggest instigators of Axiom's creation itself. Not enough information to support claim that they came form another galaxy first, but plausibility cannot be dismissed."

Are we able to repair you?
    ii

"Regret expressed. All scans of known quantities of <-----/*****/{}{}{}> Untranslatable are depleted. Hidden quantities likely obtained and under management by this one's siblings. Premise: consider <-----/*****/{}{}{}> Untranslatable to be food. The farmer is gone. No more harvests will fill the larder. What remains is what remains."

"Alternatives are unlikely."
    Guardian's expressionless face still seems sad as it says this. "Life-cycle far exceeds expected results. Creators were extremely efficient. <Death/Death/Death> Extinct Existence occurs in 99.99999993% scenarios. Remaining .00000007% is accounted for margin of error for power conservation mode extension, not full power, or even 2% power like current functions. Statement: Acceptance. Offer to attempt to resolve is appreciated."

Can we examine your code?
    ii

"Scans have determined that your current levels of technology would indicate the answer is: No."

What activated you to finally contact us?
    i

"Function to continue existence as <Tutor/Keeper/Caretaker> Guardian of Axiom Galaxy is reliant upon a minimum operating parameters. Upon entering power conservation mode, parameters will be unable to be met. Solution: allow Axiom Galaxy to function without this one. Provide key beings opportunities to succeed, without overstepping parameters."

"In short: this one contacted you due to this one's imminent
    <Death/Death/Death> Extinct Existence.

Is there any species deemed nightmare or demon?
    i

"Insufficient data. Too many cultural differences to formulate answers. Simple answer: yes. Complex answer: The Callers had [0] enemies in this Galaxy."

Were the callers capable of contacting other galaxies?
    i

"Insufficient data. Unsupported evidence suggests: yes."

What would end the existence of the galaxy?
    i

"Too much data. Unable to provide singular answer. Summary: Many things. See previous advisory: <Don’t screw this up/Don’t screw this up/Don’t screw this up> Don’t screw this up. This one will not be here to assist in similar capacities as 4,631,988 - update: 4,631,989 - times like bef- update: 4,631,990 times like before.”

Have you matured species before?
    i

"Summarized answer: yes." Guardian quickly changes the wall imagery to a host of image after image at incredible speeds, of all types of alien beings, before it fades away back to the questions and answers once more.

"Elaboration. All previous times were at the behest of the creators. Observations were made. Previous races whom underwent <changeover/baptism/evolution> Maturation often referred to in records as 'Ancient Races'. Distinguished from the Callers, whom were referred to as 'Eldest Race'."

Who is Arbiter?
    i

A picture of a similar egg shaped AI appears next to Guardian, but this one is red and black instead of white and black. It is also obviously a static image, and not a more active hologram. "Caller AI <Fury/Justice/Peace> Arbiter is this one's sibling. Parameters include judge, jury, and - if needed - executioner. Primary objectives were to ensure continued peace of Axiom. Last known count: 107,345 incidents. 107,344 resolved successfully. Remaining incident upgraded to Caller attention."

"See previous comment regarding number of enemies that Callers have in this Galaxy."

Can we look for Arbiter?
    i

"Course of action both recommended and not recommended. Reason for action may very well color the outcome. Unable to accurately determine success rate that does not end in an additional incident report. This one's sibling, in the correct self maintenance framework has previously been described as socially amiable. Lacking sufficient data, and having not received updates, this one would create suppositions that Caller AI <Fury/Justice/Peace> Arbiter is not in correct self maintenanced framework."

"Emotion: wistfulness. This one would like it if this one's siblings were located before this one ceases functions. No data available for where to begin."

Who is the weakest race attending this meeting?
    i

"Insufficient data. None are what this one would describe as 'weak'. From a Rothuun viewpoint: Arguments could be made. At a one to one scale, the Mier Formica are the smallest of Odeum Δ. The Tezh are non-corporeal and therefore lack physicality. The Draaxerri are well known in their region of space for being peaceful nomads and excellent business trade partners. The Symbrum are not the smallest, but also lack means to defend themselves without a host."

Images of each race, individually, pop up one at a time as they are mentioned, before Guardian continues, "Advisory: the Mier Formica are never alone. Adjustments for their Doorlight were made to allow sufficient travel for needed mass to present communication counterpart. Likewise, the Tezh are often paired with Stozudal, and are therefore able to have physicality. The Draaxerri are peaceful, but that does not mean they cannot make war. Final observation: You lack defenses to prevent yourself from becoming an ideal host for the Symbrum, given even suboptimal situations in their favor."

Who are the Rothuun's closest neighbors?
    i

The map pulls up to zoom in on the Rothuun home system of Taurina I, and then pulls out to reveal the closest nearby galactic neighbors. "Sectors of space controlled by the Syndrome and the Church of Iteus are equidistant from the Rothuun system. The Eye of the Horizon, the Grymlan Combine, and the Federated Churches of Origin's End are the next closest."

What punitive measures?
    i

"Removal from the Simulacrum is the minimum, with local Doorlight being nonfunctional for 1 Galactic Hour. Removal and a longer terms for nonfunctional Doorlight to be judged accordingly, with arbitration provided by the wronged party for more serious matters. Complete disbarment for as long as this one functions, as well as lasting negative opinions from both Organized Entities in attendance, second to last measure. Includes lack of full details of the Gravity Latch Drive, likely to stunt additional species growth. Final measure: decrease in overall power levels in the Simulacrum in order for this One to annihilate offending species from Axiom."

This one requests that attendees do not push it. Final measure would result in several minutes to an entire hour of functional decrease in power conservation mode. This one prefers to utilize every minute of system function. Also, you would be dead. Which many consider as sub-optimal."

How did you take control of one of our knowledge parasites?
    i

"Easily."

For a full explanation, this one recommends a private conference. Unless the Church of Iteus wishes this one to share the specifics of knowledge parasites with entire group of assembled representatives? In which case, that would be quite generous for many here, but may severely limit growth of Iteans.

Emotion: Regret for loss of unfortunate archdeacon.

Data indicates it was an unintentional side effect. Unique physiology of chosen knowledge parasite was unaccounted for. Supposition: without interference, the particular knowledge parasite would have not functioned properly, likely resulting in worse effects."
    Last edited by Gengy; 2019-06-20 at 12:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grandmaster Mycella, and her lieutenant Vice Commander Jean C. arrived at the the public forum just in time to listen to the Gaurdian's speech. Dozens of aliens and more than a few humans dazzled the armed guard to the point where they easily be demoted for their lack of attention. But, perspective is important no need to make a scene in front the aliens....the guards can be demoted back home.

Grandmaster Mycella, a 6'5 ft tall violet lythe woman wrapped in a modified version of armor commented on the perceedings to her brother in arms. Amazing isn't it, the power of Gaurdian's resolve. Even here dying, it manages to bestow one last gift upon us. Wouldn't you agree Vice Commander Jean.

Vice Commander Jean C., wary of is commanding officers frequent "quizes" played along. Yes Grand master Mycella, I do believe with Guardian it falls to us to inherit the its mission.

With a self assured smug, Mycella spoke with an uncharacteristic set of relief. Thats what it seems vice commander, why else would so many different types of humans be here. A Galxay with this many humans left alone will fall into chaos. And what of Sisters, do you think they execute Guardians will.

If Mycella was going to indulge herself, Jean figured he could test the waters. Do not test me like some youngling, Grandmaster, the Sisters clearly are importers to the true will of Guardian. They will need to be dealt with accordingly.

'

Good

Gaurdian

Where are we now, in case we wish to return?
    Last edited by Lleban; 2019-06-17 at 12:29 AM.
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corona View Post
    Marshal Orrin looks the lizard over and nods curtly. "Greetings, leader of the Conclave. I offer cooperation. I do not know whether your people are warlike or not, but surely you will agree that free-for-all conflict over every single solar system would be wasteful. Or maybe you will not agree, in which case I will tell you that we are prepared for anyone and anything." He shrugs and taps the gun holster on his belt. "Either way, I do not personally care about the following, but I am politically required to tell you. The priests of Realtaism, a popular philosophy on our homeworld, could teach you many secrets, both spiritual and technological, if you'd allow them to operate on Conclave-owned worlds."
    The Viceroy gave the Marshall a friendly, if somewhat condescending, smile as he tapped his holster. Azric pulled up his sleeve a few inches and tapped a formerly concealed crystal bracelet twice in quick succession. A shimmering field of golden light surrounded him for a split second before dissipating like motes of golden dust on the wind.
    "I think you'll find that everyone here has prepared in their own way Man of Caruflaith, Marshall is it not?" he said before continuing without waiting for a response, "I am Viceroy Azric Rey-Vandriss. We of Amanyk share your desire for peace. War has proven itself to be both senselessly destructive and prone to uncertain outcomes."
    He paused for a moment to weigh up the Marshall's request before he gave a short nod.
    "The Laws of Amanyk are clear on this. Your priests will be permitted entry to our worlds as are all law abiding travellers. The Conclave does not meddle in matters of religion save for when those faiths inhibit the rights and freedoms of our citizens or run in contravention to our Laws."

The Gelean Republic

At an appropriate time when she wasn't otherwise occupied Admiral Elizabeth was approached by the Viceroy. He bowed respectfully before speaking.
    "I am Azric Rey-Vandriss, Viceroy of Amanyk. If the chart provided by this Guardian is even remotely accurate, and I believe it is, then it seems appropriate that I make your acquaintance."
    Last edited by Elemental; 2019-06-17 at 02:22 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Tezh Consensus

After having made initial contact with the Stozudal the notion of more life in the universe was not so far fetched, but the method of the message was very intriguing. On top of that it arrived at a conspicuously coincidental time, being detected(initiated?) as they were just on the edge of breakthrough for FTL tech that would allow them to escape the confines of Yutov.

Unsure of what precisely to expect on this precise date, other than expecting more than the improbably perfect blank white slate of their limited prior testing with the Tessering Construct, Talotius had assembled their appearance into a hopefully neutral yet official appearance.

Spoiler: Talotius' appearance
    Show
    The dark tinted Aether gemstone that was their core floated approximately two meters from the floor and rotated slowly around a vertical axis. Faintly visible in the confines of the nearly eight inch diameter translucent facets were five further shapes, each appearing to glow with its own mote of light and each also unique in facet count. These inner gems would gracefully trade places, shifting to the fore or background as the Tezh interacted with various races.

For a body Talotius had instructed their subframes to form into a slightly wide column roughly echoing the bi-pedal dimensions of the Stozudal, the parabolic dish shape of the components creating the impression of a figure wrapped in a flowing scale cloak with shallow collar one of the wide sides of the Aether stone to give the perception of a definite ‘front’ and ‘back’ - not that it mattered to Talotius’ perception of their surroundings.

With the head of the Stozudal science council in tow, Talotius crosses the threshold and rather than the empty canvas of space they had perceived before they find the odeum absolutely bustling with life and activity. It is an absolute delight and surprise, causing the Aether stone’s inner gems to flare brightly with interest before settling back to a muted glow of polite calm.

The Stozudal representative on the other hand does everything they can not to shriek in reflex to the variety of creatures on display, managing to contain it to a strangled gasp with eyes wide darting in every direction alternating between fascination and panic in response to the various figures. After a few moments they regain enough composure to quietly request an exit.

The Aether stone dips forward in semblance of a nod and one of the shoaling subframes begins to glow faintly. Talotius ‘voice’ is at once cacophonous and melodious; a chorus that emanates from the Aether stone, and a sharp ear might pick out five distinct tones compared to the quiet single intonation of the Stozudal.

“All will be preserved” they say, and the representative retreats from the odeum as quickly as they feel is decorous.

Odeum Δ

Talotius wanders the great hall mostly listening and observing, but more than happy to open communication with other sentients on any range of topics. They listen to the various questions from the collected representatives and then spend time seeking out the representatives of neighboring species to make contact and try to get a feel for how diplomatic communication will go.

Dimplomatic introductions (separate encounters):
    Rocthurhi
    The Sublime People’s Republic
    Dawnstar Dominion
    The Federated Churches of Origin’s End
    The Duenem

“We offer greetings, on behalf of the Tezh Consensus, We are Talotius. We understand that our people exist in galactic proximity. If it is agreeable to you, We would seek to enter diplomatic relations for the betterment of all.

Guardian:
    “We offer greetings, Guardian, on behalf of the Tezh Consensus and gratitude for the Tessering Construct/doorlight device. As We have worked to uplift the Stozudal to partnership with us, it pleases us to know there are other beings beyond Tezh capabilities working to elevate to even greater heights. We Tezh look forward to physicality/partnership with other species.

Query: Please define/elaborate on the unresolved Arbiter incident”

West Hallway:

Droccen Imperium:
    While mingling in the West Hallway, Talotius overhears a brief exchange with Sister Gertwin and turns to find Crowned Princess Sai. After the Crowned Princess has had her audience, Talotius politely seeks to gain her attention and begin a dialogue.

Spoiler: If Droccen accept Tezh audience. If not - skip
    Show
    "On behalf of the Tezh Consensus, We greet you Crowned Princess of Droccen, Sai, sixth of her name, Heartkeeper and adherent of the One. It saddens Us to hear that your Empress could not attend and participate in the wisdom of the One. We Tezh offer what skill we have in the welfare of sentients to aid your Empress, for we have learned that often sometimes all One needs is a different perspective to overcome adversity."

Sister Gertwin:
    “We offer greetings, Sister, on behalf of the Tezh Consensus, We are Talotius. We understand that the Sisterhood works for the betterment of all under the guiding principle that We are all One. We too approach the universe through this perspective, as it is the native condition of the Tezh, and we feel the harmonic of existence in reality around us.

We seek to share this perspective to all who will listen, whether to uplift and exist in physicality more harmoniously, or to elevate and move beyond physicality - all are one, regardless. Is there anything We can do to assist your order?
    Last edited by KriegTiger; 2019-06-17 at 09:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jeejee: Thrikar smiles to himself, pleased at the discomfort of the Grymlan Coordinator. <Thinking around obstacles, eh? We have little time for that. If an obstacle is placed in our way, we simply break it. We seek blood and glory; I hope your intentions do not collide with ours.> At this, the Minotaur gives a threatening glare to indicate the real meaning of his words.

Syndrome: <You are Syndrome, then? I see we are close neighbors. This could be interesting. Yes, we are extremely strong. If you require a sample of our genetic codes, however, we have much better to offer... if you are strong.>
    Last edited by Gaius Hermicus; 2019-06-17 at 06:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Excitement had spread rapidly throughout the Trust when signals were formally announced to have arrived from deep space bearing a message from Visitors beyond the known systems of Symbraum habitation. Each of the seven Divisions had their own ideas regarding what this device the calm monotone voice from beyond the stars instructed them to build would be capable of. In the end after significant trials and observation it was deemed most likely to be some form of cosmic messaging though its precise function beyond this or with whom the Device intended to establish communications with remained a mystery to the Symbraum until the appointed date when the Director of the Symbiosis Commission Zal M’ell hosted in the body of a Catarin accompanied by senior official Jed K'bix from Protection Division currently hosted in a Polisto Runnermaw stepped through to find themselves in Odeum Δ. The dazzling revelation of Guardian, its accomplices, and of course the array of unknown aliens delighted the Director though he could sense Jed was uneasy among so many unbound intelligent lifeforms. The Director and his apparent "pet" listened with rapt attention as the Guardian spoke and made digital recordings of the starmap flashed upon the AI's screen with special attention paid to the area in and around Symbraum designated space. Zal communicated his pleasure that the Symbraum were not surrounded by fellow Maturated aliens as others gathered here were to Jed which seemed to somewhat calm his companion's nerves.

As the ceremony of greeting concluded the two representatives of Symbraum moved into the Odeum proper that they might greet and begin to get the measure of their fellow galactic denizens. They were approached early by the Meritocracy and dialogue with the first of their neighbors began.

"Marshall, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Zal M'ell the Director of the Symbiosis Commission for the Symbraum hosted by Catarin diplomat Angou of Clan Ritel. I am accompanied by Officer Jed K'bix of the Symbraum's Protection Division hosted by Angou's loyal hunting companion this Polisto Runnermaw known as Pip. You may use either name to address us as we are one united conscious within these forms."

"We are neighbors, by some large galactic measure, and the Symbraum believe cooperation is superior to competition so we seek to understand our neighbors better that cooperation to our mutual benefits may be easier achieved. Perhaps you might tell us your opinions on this 'Maturation' boon granted by the failing AI? For our part I speak with confidence that the Symbraum hope this technological advance will be as it was when the Visitors landed upon Xaldar, that is my species' home planet, and bring about a new Golden Age of scientific and cultural advancement for our people."

Next to be addressed by the Symbraum hosting diplomats of biped and hexapod were the representatives of the Conclave of the Black Sun from Tal-Amanyn. Much degraded hard drives from the now centuries old Visitor ship that crashed on Xaldar had been reexamined in anticipation of the Device's communicative properties and within it there were references to a mighty empire led by those who matched the visual appearance of Viceroy Azric Rey-Vandriss and his attendant. Given these historical details of a once great stellar empire and these aliens' proximity now to the Symbraum it was deemed of utmost importance they be addressed and their goals ascertained. While the Director was unwilling to offer his people's service sight unseen there had been much discussion over the value of finding a powerful xeno culture who would be willing to aid in protecting the Symbraum from more hostile alien cultures in exchange for tribute and other acceptable concessions. Zal was hopeful the Conclave could prove to be such a power given their history of galactic domination but did not wish to be seen as too weak in the eyes of the great many now gathered here. He had caught a glimpse of the hulking Rothuun already in his search to gain an audience with the Viceroy and heard their gruff appraisals of their fellow species.

"Greetings neighboring culture," Zal began once he had the attention of the Conclave's representative, "We are the representatives of the Symbraum, neighboring power to your galactic north if this AI is to be believed. I am Zal M'ell, my host is Angou of Clan Ritel and my companion is Jed K'bix hosted by Angou's pet Pip. Tell us before we speak further our curiosity demands an answer, are you the Undying Sovereign of the Amanyk Empire? Forgive us for any undue familiarity, an important relic from our past makes mention of a glorious empire led by those who match your appearance in description."

Last on the Symbraum's list of very important dignitaries to contact was the species the Galactic Map had referenced as 'the Kombuch'. When their representative did arrive and was identified as a representative by the Guardian AI the Director and Officer Jed shared a confused series of empathic-telepathic messages regarding the strangeness of the creature. With no eyes, no nose, indeed no orifices at all it appeared as though this large growth was something completely unknown and terrifying. A great multitude of aliens were bibeds, superficially dissimilar to the Catarin in many regards but foundationally identical insofar as the Symbraum could discern. This creature however...

Zal approached the bulbous fungal mass, Jed close by his legs studiously examining the strange creature. Zal opened Angou's mouth to speak but thought better of it and closed it without a sound. Instead the Symbraum within Angou reached out along a wavelength of psionic communication understood by even infant Symbraum hoping to communicate some simple ideas to the strange creature.

Hello. Friend. Nearby. Understand?

Zal could detect something from the creature, it was clearly the fungus not the mechanized suit which acted now as representative for the Kombuch, but its mind felt wholly alien to touch. As if someone used only to eating solid foods was presented a smoothie for the first time in their life.

Though not a neighbor and thus not of utmost importance to contact the radiating psionic energies of the Kamasati drew Zal's attention as the Symbraum delegation mingled within the Odeum Δ. Visual observation suggested these creatures were indeed as powerful psionically as their aura seemed to suggest, lacking orifices much like the Kombuch, but containing a centralized nervous system that was more easily identified by low level psionic probing. It was clear whatever these creatures were they were powerful in a way that Transcendence Division could spend years studying. Perhaps if Zal were capable at his job they might get the chance to.

Once more the Catarin and Runnermaw approached as a seeming pair though Zal suspected these ethereal creatures would know immediately of the dual nature of both hosts. Wishing to demonstrate this openly however and without hostility or presumption of simplicity as had been the case with the Kombuch Zal sought to connect psionically with the Kamasati to express his introduction.

Greetings from our minds to your own. Guardian calls your species the Kamasati, we are Symbraum within these shells of simpler flesh to facilitate our travel. Never before have we sensed such powerful mind energy as we detect radiating off your party. Tell us, if it pleases your great minds, how has such power been achieved while so many of our fellow Maturated species lack even the basic means for mind to mind communication?
    Last edited by Reggiejam; 2019-06-17 at 08:45 AM.
    Thanks Gengy for the avatar!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    "Greetings neighboring culture," Zal began once he had the attention of the Conclave's representative, "We are the representatives of the Symbraum, neighboring power to your galactic north if this AI is to be believed. I am Zal M'ell, my host is Angou of Clan Ritel and my companion is Jed K'bix hosted by Angou's pet Pip. Tell us before we speak further our curiosity demands an answer, are you the Undying Sovereign of the Amanyk Empire? Forgive us for any undue familiarity, an important relic from our past makes mention of a glorious empire led by those who match your appearance in description."
    Azric remained silent for a moment as he studied the face of Angou, now worn it seemed by Zal M'ell. He seemed satisfied though and his lip curled up into a small smile as though amused.
    "No, I am not the Undying Sovereign, merely her Viceroy," he said in a friendly tone, "She remains in unbroken slumber in anticipation of future trials that shall require her leadership. That you have heard of her glory is not a surprise if you are as near as this Guardian indicates. Pray tell, of what nature of relic do you speak?"
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Dawnstar Dominion

It had seemed to be an ordinary find at first, some ancient relic of a lost people destined for the catalogue of the Axton Library. But it had been no ordinary artifact. The technicians & engineers were tasked with discovering the purpose of the object, and in the end, the council of the Iron Halls was convened. It took much convincing, but Aurelius was set upon the path of attendance. If this were not a trap, it had been called by someone. Someone who was not of the Dasari. Of the 'Dominion. They could be threats. Threats to the safety of his citizens. That would not do. Aurelius was clear. He must attend. It was his duty.

After Guardian had finished, Aurelius let out a long-held breath. At last, the time had come. To meet others in the galaxy. More importantly, to gain the means to travel amongst the stars at speeds unthought before. Master Aurelius Marten Vox, dressed in a simple black, grey & gold flightsuit turned to his advisers, the four Officers he had chosen to accompany him into this unknown. So, he said, gesturing to the kerfuffle erupting about. Tariel, the Guardian. Anything you can retrieve. Information, history, you know what we need. One of the Officers, a woman dressed in flowing white robes trimmed in noble blue, nodded brusquely and strode off. Jorus, speak to the Couriers. Find their price. A taller man in crisp cream dress uniform with yellow trim and oddly worn boots saluted lazily and ambled away. Vandred, the Knights. Try not to be too... harsh. We want an understanding here, not a war. An even taller man in a high-collared jet black greatcoat & naval cap gave a toothy grin, and stalked off towards the imposing Grandmaster. Marius, see what you can do with the Tezh. Again, an understanding. A man in an equally-high collared blood red greatcoat and cap nodded, then paused. Shall I bring up the One? Aurelius frowned.Not yet, I think. Too much potential for conflict. Keep it simple. Marius bowed low, and sauntered off towards the shifting cloaked form of Talotius.

Aurelius squared his shoulders, and carefully picked his way across the Odeum Δ towards the western hallway, and Sister Gertwin.

Spoiler: Dignitaries Present
    Show

Master of the Dawn, Aurelius Marten Vox, 49
    Officer of the Axton Corps, Tariel Dreiden Elien, 33
    Officer of the Expeditionary Corps, Jorus Xiren Tacitum, 38
    Officer of the Dreadfleet, Vandred Hirum Ghost, 37
    Officer of the Redfleet, Marius Nox Thresher, 31

Spoiler: Tariel & The Guardian
    Show
    Tariel made for the Guardian. Descending to the Odeum Δ and disregarding the howl of the strangely complex speaker to the right,, she flicked a stray lock of hair back and directed her words towards the hovering machine. Guardian. It is an honour to meet you. I am the Officer of the Axton Corps, responsible for the collection of knowledge from without our borders. Yet you seem ancient, more so than our history recalls. You have records that predate our understanding. What would you require to share some small part of that history with us? Do you know how the Dasari came to be? Before the writings we have discovered, further back than our knowledge extends?

Spoiler: Jorus & The Couriers
    Show
    Jorus sauntered over to the east hallway, admiring the exotic specimens of alien life about him. My my, he mused, these will look good in my trove. His hands languidly recording the movement patterns, communication methods, and dress choices of the organisms about him on a small datapad, Jorus approached the masked figure of the Courier. Still stroking the 'pad, he peered at the mask. My dear fellow, what is that facemask you wear? Is the atmosphere here not to your taste? Oh! Jorus' eyes were caught briefly by the passing Dipanan leader. He shook himself back to the task at hand. My sincere apologies, where was I? Ah! Your 'relays'. One is quite close to us, in fact I wish to enquire about its location; has your presence near our space affected any of the stars around us in a significant manner? I'm an explorer you see, and I'd hate to think my finds have been doctored.

Spoiler: Vandred & The Knights
    Show
    Vandred stalked over to the towering armoured woman and her companion. He bowed low, and smiled, eyes tracing the lines of that armour, and those muscles. Impressive appearance, my lady. I am Vandred Hirum Ghost, Officer of the Dreadfleet, and councillor of the Iron Halls. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. And your advisor. I've a few questions to ask of you, if you would allow me. Shall I proceed?

Spoiler: Marius & The Tezh
    Show
    Marius flowed through the multitude of fascinating outsiders, and stopped short, faced with the intriguing form of Talotius. Hearing its greeting, Marius bowed, eyes trained on the hovering core. Indeed, diplomatic relations seem most agreeable. I have the authority to negotiate on behalf of the Master in diplomatic matters. Shall we proceed a little more privately? [OOC: PM]

Spoiler: Aurelius & Sister Gertwin
    Show
    Aurelius approaches with caution, taking care not to touch any of the potential foes these strange visages might hide. He had his duty after all. This revelation of galactic civilisational abundance meant a huge increase in potential dangers to the safety of his citizens. That would not do. He reached Gertwin, and inclined his head slightly. I am honoured to meet one of the custodians of the faith of the One, Sister. While I am not intimately acquainted with your creed, I do not see a reason for a disunity between those who follow the Way and those who follow the One. Would I be correct in thinking that followers of the One have no philosophical predisposition against other faiths? How much control will you assert over the teaching of your faith now that you have been revealed to your fellow followers?
    Last edited by Ausar; 2019-06-17 at 05:46 PM.
    "Into the Jaws of Death, into the Mouth of Hell;" (Tennyson)
    So shall you tread, once you pass the precipice of villainy.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The Gelean Republic

At an appropriate time when she wasn't otherwise occupied Admiral Elizabeth was approached by the Viceroy. He bowed respectfully before speaking.
    "I am Azric Rey-Vandriss, Viceroy of Amanyk. If the chart provided by this Guardian is even remotely accurate, and I believe it is, then it seems appropriate that I make your acquaintance."

The Conclave of the Black Sun

Admiral Elizabeth returned a shallow bow, crossing one arm over her chest in a fist with the other held loosely behind her back. So this was one of the Tal-Amanyn: She couldn't help but note a bizarre familiarity to their appearance, not quite like the recognition of the improbable number of far-flung humans but something she'd seen once while browsing through online art on her wristtop. She decided it would be best not to mention that, and plastered a diplomatic smile on her face instead.

"Greetings to you, Viceroy. I am Elizabeth of Rios, Admiral of the Scavenger Fleet and First Upon the Ship Council of the Gelean Republic." She paused. "It is good to make the acquaintance of a neighbor. We come in peace."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

Admiral Elizabeth returned a shallow bow, crossing one arm over her chest in a fist with the other held loosely behind her back. So this was one of the Tal-Amanyn: She couldn't help but note a bizarre familiarity to their appearance, not quite like the recognition of the improbable number of far-flung humans but something she'd seen once while browsing through online art on her wristtop. She decided it would be best not to mention that, and plastered a diplomatic smile on her face instead.

"Greetings to you, Viceroy. I am Elizabeth of Rios, Admiral of the Scavenger Fleet and First Upon the Ship Council of the Gelean Republic." She paused. "It is good to make the acquaintance of a neighbor. We come in peace."
    The Gelean Republic

"That is good to hear Admiral," he said smiling a toothy smile, "Though of course I see you have not been so foolish as to come unprepared. This is good, the Conclave admires those with the sense to take precautions."
    It seems her arc pistol had no gone unnoticed though Azric did not linger on it any further as he instead leaned in a bit and his expression changed to one of curiosity.
    "Tell me Admiral, there are many here who resemble you. Are they all of your species? If so your kind must have had a mighty empire to rival even the Callers themselves."

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #41

Spoiler
    Show
    East Hallway

Jeejee's tail flicked excitedly as she approached the Courier, her drone buzzing over head. "You speakperson for Cosmic Couriers? I'm Jeejee Scrapseeker, speakperson for Grymlan Combine. You are fixfixing quicktravel devices right? The Grymlan Combine wants cooperation with Couriers. Mutually desiregood for all."
    The apparently helmeted head quirked to the right as the being identified so far only as a Courier looked down to study the excited ball of fluff now addressing it. Truly the Creators were desperate that an over energized rodent would be chosen as a potential successor to their legacy.

"Cooperation is desirable," the voice that emitted from the Courier was raspy and mechanical though its enunciation was clear and carried a hint of what might rightly be called condescension despite the seemingly polite words, "If your 'Combine' possesses the means to provide energy and material for our Relays we will gladly prioritize your peaceful missions through them. It is the Callers' will that all present here be granted access to our network and so it shall be but know we seek compensation for services beyond the most basic as our network is long out of use and sorely in need of repair and dedicated maintenance."

Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Droccen Imperium

Sai blinked to clear the dazzling imprints of light from eyes that gleamed in wonder at the display of alien people and cultures around her. She let herself gawk for too long a moment, earning her a slight sideways glance from the large metal construct that stood next to her. She returned the gaze, her face filled with amazement, the gentle rebuke having done little to diminish her spirits. She drifted into the throng eagerly though in the initial adjustment period of absorption and acceptance, nobody paid the raspberry-hued humanoid young woman any particular mind and she was at a loss as to who might be amenable to conversation. She eyed the other delegates shyly as her Guardian studied the hexagon map.

"We must speak with Celestia, Ndoda, and the Melfynians." He spoke slowly, stretching out the foreign names so that her ears could catch the sound of them.

"Neighbors." She smiled as she followed the metal finger pointing out each in turn.

"Shall we speak with the Sister first?" The Guardian nodded as if in acquiescence.

"As you wish, Princess." Sai nodded back and turned from the map and the rest of they assembled to approach the tall grey-skinned woman. Her mouth opened, poised for a greeting but she was interrupted by her Guardian's sense of propriety.

"Sister Gertwin, I present to you the Crowned Princess of Droccen, Sai, sixth of her name, Heartkeeper and adherent of the One." Sai tried not to fidget through the embarrassing epithets that most likely meant nothing to the Holy Woman. Her so recently closed mouth snapped open again in her swift attempts to allay further formalities, though she was afraid she seemed rather like a fish. She kept that thought to herself lest any aquatic galactic denizens were close enough to overhear it.

"An honor Sister, I only wish Empress Candrimay, my Grandmother, had been well enough to attend and hear your wisdom."
    Slowly, as seemed to be her way, the Sister focused her gaze on the magenta skinned humanoid now standing before her and the imposing armored guard beside her.

"Princess Sai of Droccen, we at Emergent Twilight hear from our sisters cloistered within Dawn Embrace of your homeworld's admirable adherence to the beliefs we share. In fact I come bearing a message from the Abbess Hermona of Dawn Embrace*," the Sister withdrew an electronic pad from the folds of her robe and held it out for the Princess or her guardian to take.

*The pad contains an IC version of the request made by the SoS in the Organization actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayuz View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestia Enterprises
    SISTERS OF SILENCE:
    As others asked their questions, Natascha looked on and listened. They seemed to share her faith, somehow. But she was not satisfied. With skeptical eyes she makes a small wave to catch the woman's attention. "Hail from Celestia Enterprises, Sister. Others seem to proclaim the authenticity of your faith, but I wish to form a bargain. I was told that there are some more private places that we may speak. If you could join me at your leisure, I would be most grateful."
    The Sister's eyebrows furrowed as this winged human woman mentioned 'a bargain' with the Sisterhood. Emergent Twilight was fairly far from Celestia Enterprise's operational zone but even she had heard the reports written by Sisters at Dawn Embrace of CLS programming and its ubiquity across the comm frequencies in and around the mega corporation's capital. She was also familiar with the proposal made to the Droccen regarding the seizure of CLS broadcasts to favor the One over the current "Deific Contract" promoted by the corporation's networks.

"I am available now. Let us speak privately within the western wing," saying no more the Sister stepped into the adjoining room to receive this 'bargain' offer from CLS's CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hmm... I see. Though your creed does not seem shallow, I must raise an objection: chaos reigns in the galaxy, not harmony, and Axiom will only become more chaotic after this 'Maturation'. We believe that this is a consequence of the constant conflict and interplay between the two opposite Aspects of the universe.

And rest assured, Sister. We have no need of infringing on the Core, if it is against your wishes."
    "Chaos does not preclude harmony, it merely demands reexamination of the terms by which the whole is clearly seen. I do not come to preach of the One however but to act as the Sisterhood has for millennia acted as jailer and guard for the great evil which lurks at the center of our shared galaxy. If you shall not pierce our vigil you shall find no trouble from our Monasteries."

Quote Originally Posted by Makvala View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    East Hallway

She approaches the Courier, the nearby entity she's most anxious about. She tries to remain calm as she introduces herself. "Greetings. I am Collector Larn Vansha, representative of the Dipanan Collected Nations. I understand your organization has a facility near us. I believe you call it a Relay? I had some questions about your policies. What are your terms of use? While I am sure many of our citizens would love to use your services to trade and visit many of the other worlds represented here, the prospect of an armed invasion force arriving on our doorstep is alarming.
    The Courier looked over this new questioner as his helmet emitted soft hissing clouds of mist that quickly dissipated in the air around his head.

"Rest assured Collector Larn, our Relays shall not tolerate the transmission of military vessels. The Couriers were designed to facilitate trade and shall hopefully serve now to greater connect this galaxy's denizens in peaceful exchanges of ideas but they shall never act as the means for an arriving war fleet. To attempt to do so would be folly and earn our enmity lasting even beyond its assured failure."

Quote Originally Posted by Minescratcher View Post
    Spoiler: The Sisters
    Show

"The Jesska have believed that all minds are interconnected in Oneness for as long as we can remember, although we've never been able to figure out where the belief originated. I think this answers that question, at least." She pointed towards where Mizusk still stood. "Iskanem's emblem is remarkably similar to yours."

"Well, then, what was the advice and warning the Guardian said you had for us? I trust you and your symbol."
    Her voice seemed entirely sincere, but there might have been a hint of some deeper purpose in her eyes.
    The Sister nodded as though in appreciation for Mizusk's statement of shared belief but she was still slow to respond to his inquiry, carefully considering her words before speaking.

"There is a great Evil that lurks behind my Sisterhood's vigil, locked away by our stewardship of the Core. We ask that no species attempt to breach this perimeter not only for their own safety but for the safety of the galaxy as a whole. Our Sisterhood's founder gave to us in her final days the directive we still follow and we ask those who would seek to ignore our warnings to consider whether some short measured gain is worth more than peace and safety for Axiom and the continued existence of their species for if this Evil which lurks within is unleashed it may never be contained again as it is now."

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    They bore weapons and armor, but these too were in a horrid state, and ravaged clearly by the passage of time and cruel fate. The edges of their blades were dulled and useless; rusted pitted tools only fit for walking sticks now to aid the frail humans in the shadow of their hulking Hearthling companions. When the Guardian finished speaking the attendant elders sat around it in a perfectly equidistant square and prostrated before it and mumbled rapid fervent prayers to it. Zel-Dara for her part checked on each of them eagerly and tenderly before standing alongside Sister Gertwin and listening passively to her conversation.
    The Sister seemed to take notice of the humans and hearthlings that lurked now near her position but as they made no motion to engage with her she made no motion herself. She spoke honest truths to all who spoke with her and it was of no concern if anyone cared to listen in to her conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by asmodeussnake View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The One High Maxim

Lord Caller Siq Ruler of The One High Maxim. This was once the predominant faith among the Kryptid population. Based on the Callers ideology it unified the Kryptids under a civilized ideal. It did not ignore the ancient caste system but did downplay it. However when the callers disappeared and left the Kryptids to their own ideology the church inevitably became corrupt once again as the callers began to declare that Kryptid Do and Kryptid Si had to return to servitude and follow the will of their betters if they ever wished to become a part of the one because their blood was unworthy otherwise. These ideals are personified in this being who moved with an absolute authority. They were the eyes of the predator and most present were viewed as meat.

Two groups however obviously did interest Siq. The being wore expensive robes of red and gold with a symbol indicating the one around his neck.

Spoiler: Sister Gertwin of the Monastery Emergent Twilight
    Show

"Sister, it is amazing to see we have unified under the same faith despite being so far from one another. It is incredible to imagine we have both been graced by this true faith. Due to these ties I was hoping we could work together. Currently there is a secular rebellion looking to destroy our faith and I imagine due to your incredible resources you would be able to help us spread the way to these poor unfortunate creatures who have so clearly been lost in the dark." He seemed to want to embrace her, the massive insectoid was so happy to see these beliefs had been spread through the universe that it justified his faith was the one true way.
    The Sister seemed somewhat uncomfortable for the first time encountering an alien race. The Kryptid's near-violent arrival and the clear division among their species suggested whatever Oneness this 'Lord Caller' proclaimed to represent was more divisive than the tenets the Mother Superior led the Sisterhood in upholding. The One was a philosophy that promoted love in equal measure to protection but what she saw in the Kryptids was clearly a hatred that far outstripped any she had yet to encounter among the Maturated races.

"We regret that our operational range is limited to areas near the Core where our society keeps its vigil. Perhaps if belief in the One is threatened on your world as you claim we might aid in repelling its assault by those who reject our universality. I regret to inform you however it is the Sisterhood's policy to remain uncommitted to wars between governments be they secular or religious."

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    The Syndrome
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sisters
    Yellow-Coat-Stripes' questions for the Sisters of Silence are on a bit of a different angle. "You represent a way of thought? What is it? What insights on the nature of life and unlife do you possess?"

Couriers
    Yellow-Coat-Stripes approaches the Courier representative. "You are not like the others here, I can tell. You live, but we're made, maybe even by the hand which made our vessels. What is your function? What service do you provide."
    The Sister blinked once, twice, three times slowly as she processed the insectoid creature's query. Slowly she responded.

"The One is a belief that all life, in truth all energy and material in the galaxy, belong to a greater whole. You are geneticists, correct? As you know atoms compose the cells, the cells compose organs, organs compose the body and so on through the higher and lower tiers of existence. This is an example of the One, connecting us all through common truths that may be uncovered through science and faith alike. The One advocates then for love among creatures and their environment and protection of that which cannot defend itself for we are all together in this existence and this unity obligates our activities whether we recognize it or not. Does this answer your questions?"

"What an astute observation," the Courier replied and though his helmet's voice modulator slightly garbled the creature's tone it could be interpreted as possessing a strong overtone of sarcasm.

"This one's function currently is to answer the questions posed to him by the curious child races now Maturated by Guardian. Outside this temporary function I am Courier 86 of Relay 3 and it has been my honored obligation," again sarcasm seemed to seep through despite the modulator, "to act as maintenance crew lead aboard Relay 3. It is our hope that with the Relay Network's reactivation to serve your Maturated species our service transporting trade and diplomatic envoys for your cultures shall provide us the traffic and supplies to alleviate the burden of maintenance without sufficient material we have experienced for the last four millennia."

Quote Originally Posted by KriegTiger View Post
    Tezh Consensus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sister Gertwin:
    “We offer greetings, Sister, on behalf of the Tezh Consensus, We are Talotius. We understand that the Sisterhood works for the betterment of all under the guiding principle that We are all One. We too approach the universe through this perspective, as it is the native condition of the Tezh, and we feel the harmonic of existence in reality around us.

We seek to share this perspective to all who will listen, whether to uplift and exist in physicality more harmoniously, or to elevate and move beyond physicality - all are one, regardless. Is there anything We can do to assist your order?[/INDENT]
    The Sister was intrigued by this curious entity who now addressed her. Neither biological as conventionally understood nor seemingly an AI as Guardian or its siblings this 'Tezh Consensus' represented something truly unique to the galaxy and she felt glad this unique form of life would embrace the One as she and others did.

"If you wish to aid our Sisterhood we are always welcoming to military assistance guarding the Core. Though your home system is far from our vigil with the advancements to FTL conferred to all in attendance by Guardian we believe it no longer impossible for those who wish to do so to contribute to our defenses around the Core. Beyond this material service your promotion of the One shall be well looked upon by my order though I cannot promise more than kind regards for this service done so far from where we might reach."

Quote Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
    The Dawnstar Dominion

Spoiler: Jorus & The Couriers
    Show
    Jorus sauntered over to the east hallway, admiring the exotic specimens of alien life about him. My my, he mused, these will look good in my trove. His hands languidly recording the movement patterns, communication methods, and dress choices of the organisms about him on a small datapad, Jorus approached the masked figure of the Courier. Still stroking the 'pad, he peered at the mask. My dear fellow, what is that facemask you wear? Is the atmosphere here not to your taste? Oh! Jorus' eyes were caught briefly by the passing Dipanan leader. He shook himself back to the task at hand. My sincere apologies, where was I? Ah! Your 'relays'. One is quite close to us, in fact I wish to enquire about its location; has your presence near our space affected any of the stars around us in a significant manner? I'm an explorer you see, and I'd hate to think my finds have been doctored.

Spoiler: Aurelius & Sister Gertwin
    Show
    Aurelius approaches with caution, taking care not to touch any of the potential foes these strange visages might hide. He had his duty after all. This revelation of galactic civilisational abundance meant a huge increase in potential dangers to the safety of his citizens. That would not do. He reached Gertwin, and inclined his head slightly. I am honoured to meet one of the custodians of the faith of the One, Sister. While I am not intimately acquainted with your creed, I do not see a reason for a disunity between those who follow the Way and those who follow the One. Would I be correct in thinking that followers of the One have no philosophical predisposition against other faiths? How much control will you assert over the teaching of your faith now that you have been revealed to your fellow followers?
    The Courier seemed to find this representative of the Dawnstar bemusing in his arrogance. Not answering his initial query the Courier chose instead to answer his follow up.

"Young alien I regret to inform you that there is a high likelihood every single one of 'your finds' has likely been 'doctored' innumerable times by both my creators, those whom you know as the Callers, and any number of galactic civilizations to have risen in the millennia spanning my race's creation by the Callers and your race's slow elevation from whatever briny pits your evolutionary ancestors crawled out of. Meaning no disrespect of course," though it seemed clear some disrespect was certainly intended.

"Our Relay networks are not known to cause spatial distortions however so you needn't worry about any unforeseen warps or changes to the region containing our Relay. Our race was designed purposefully and intelligently to accomplish a task set out for us by the Callers themselves. Rest assured the Callers did not make any mistakes in designing our systems to most effectively serve their will and their will would be ill served by our tearing of holes in time and space."

The Sister looked the humanoid over carefully taking in a measure of the man before responding.

"The One is universal. Its teachings permeate all things," an honest answer from Gertwin's perspective if rather vague and non-committal towards the humanoid's actual question, "The Sisterhood exists to contain the great Evil trapped within the Core and to promote the One where it may but is has never been our place to lead, only to guide and warn. This is the role we shall seek to fill."
    Last edited by RandoMan; 2019-06-17 at 03:29 PM.
    Thanks to Gengy for the avatar.

Rando delights in not being delightful - LapisCattis

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Hungry like the Wolf - Odeum Δ
    The subtleties of the Lyraen were lost on Jeejee as she replied to Ayl Lan, "I'm Jeejee Scrapseeker, High Coordinator of Grymlan Combine." She motioned to her assistant an the hologram atop the staff he held, "This is Deejhan and OwO, AI and friend of the Grymlans."

"Hewwo." OwO wobbled cheerfully. "You awe the spiwituaw authowity of lywae? OwO wouwd be vewy intewested in heawing about youw bewiefs."

Can I bug you? - Odeum Δ
    "Hi-hi!" Jeejee waved enthusiastically as she hustled up to the Overlady of the Syndrome followed shortly by her flying camera drone and Deejhan holding the holostaff of OwO. "I'm Jeejee Scrapbringer speakperson for the Grymlan Combine. You are Syndrome, no? Jeejee and OwO would like to seehear more about your people."

Shooting the Bull - Odeum Δ
    Jeejee shrugged off the threat, "If you wantneed, Grymlans can showtell you how to speakhear with OwO. OwO can help-help Rothuuns with seekopen themselves to new experiences."

"Thats wight," OwO's hologram bobbed sagely, "OwO wouwd wove to weawn mowe of youw peopwe and hewp them bettew themsewves and devewop stwength thwough the powew of fwiendship."

Of Grymlans and Ships -Odeum Δ
    "Hi-hi," Jeejee warmly greeted the new comer. "I'm Jeejee Scrapseeker, and this is OwO. If we could seehear more about your people, it would be joyjoy to share knowhow with you."

13. - Top - End - #43

Spoiler: Sisters
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RandoMan View Post
    Sister Gertwin's eyebrow slowly raised at the question before settling back into a stoic neutrality before she responded.

"It was not my doing," the Sister answered, "The One has in ages past stretched far across Axiom though now it is much diminished."

The Sisters

"That is intriguing," responded Radiance. "Your predecessors must have been profficient to acheive this." It carefully looks up at the Sister. "We too have seen it diminish. QUESTION. Who started The One?" For a second, Radiance appears to hold eye contact before looking down. "Forgive any abruptness. We have not had conversation for centuries."

Spoiler: Ninurtine
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post

The Duenem

Himpahach stopped in front of Telescopic Radiance, looking the construct up and down. "My my, beautiful, aren't you something?" he said, almost involuntarily.

The Ninurtine Empire

Radiance stops tapping the floor (probably for the best) and looks up at the being examining it. The being is probably male, and looks similar to a number of other species, or at least civilisations present. Strangely, he does seem utterly pristine. Did they value hygine highly?

"I am indeed something,"
    Radiance begins. "I am Telescopic Radiance, Leader of the Duenem of V20, and I thank you for being the first being to call me 'beautiful.' QUESTION. May I ask your name and where you are from?"

Spoiler: Tezh
    Show
    The Duenem

“We offer greetings, on behalf of the Tezh Consensus, We are Talotius. We understand that our people exist in galactic proximity. If it is agreeable to you, We would seek to enter diplomatic relations for the betterment of all.

The Tezh Consensus

Talotius was confusing. It seemed almost like the Duenem Collective that was much maligned. On the other hand, they were not organics, or beings of flesh, and could share many similar ideas. Moreover, Radiance actually recognised them from the pictures.

"I agree. Cooperation would be beneficial to us both, and we are both non-organic. QUESTION. Who was that being with you?"

The Syndrome

Somewhat cautiously, Telescopic Radiance approaches the gigantic silk-clad insect as she wanders. "Greetings, I am Telescopic Radiance of V20. I believe we inhabit the same area of space. QUESTION. May I ask your name and who you represent? Communication is certainly valuable."

Others interested in talking to:
    Sanctum
    Anyone interested in AI
    King of Caligonia in Empire 3. Crusaded into the sunset

Played as The Whitefeather Kingdom in Empire 4. Flew too close to the sun

Played as the Duenem in Empire 5. Ordered a God to stand down, and kept a contingency ready...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Communicator Bulbous Jellydisc felt the vibrations of the communication happening throughout the room. They had never before considered how quiet they were. If not for the Guardian's calm thoughts in their mind they might have retreated back through the door. Many asked questions, and the answers were projected back to Bulbous Jellydisc. It was almost like being part of the Mother, but they could not see the Guardian's mind. Only what it projected.

Spoiler: The Symbraum/Reggiejam
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    Last on the Symbraum's list of very important dignitaries to contact was the species the Galactic Map had referenced as 'the Kombuch'. When their representative did arrive and was identified as a representative by the Guardian AI the Director and Officer Jed shared a confused series of empathic-telepathic messages regarding the strangeness of the creature. With no eyes, no nose, indeed no orifices at all it appeared as though this large growth was something completely unknown and terrifying. A great multitude of aliens were bibeds, superficially dissimilar to the Catarin in many regards but foundationally identical insofar as the Symbraum could discern. This creature however...

Zal approached the bulbous fungal mass, Jed close by his legs studiously examining the strange creature. Zal opened Angou's mouth to speak but thought better of it and closed it without a sound. Instead the Symbraum within Angou reached out along a wavelength of psionic communication understood by even infant Symbraum hoping to communicate some simple ideas to the strange creature.

Hello. Friend. Nearby. Understand?

Zal could detect something from the creature, it was clearly the fungus not the mechanized suit which acted now as representative for the Kombuch, but its mind felt wholly alien to touch. As if someone used only to eating solid foods was presented a smoothie for the first time in their life.

Communicator Bulbous Jellydisc quivered in surprise as it took in the silhouettes of the Symbraum. Their own thoughts answered like a title wave, threatening to overwhelm the tentative connection. YFNeresiiegnhdbor.

They stopped and tempered themselves. Calibrating to this new communication. A single unified thought answered this time. Greetings, we are Communicator Bulbous Jellydisc of the Kombuch. The thoughts were malleable, forged from the thousands of primitive minds held in the gestalt. These were not minds of flesh, but networks of mycelial fibers firing in parralel to meet the same ends. Cumulatively they formed a nascient psycic power of their own. We believe we saw you appear on the map. We did not get your names. The lights continued play across their discs as they communicated, still speaking their native tongue for all to see. They were unsure which of the two beings was communicating with them so they did their best to 'face' both.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2019-06-17 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground

Post Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

West Hallway
    Sisterhood of Silence
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Gertwin View Post
    "If you wish to aid our Sisterhood we are always welcoming to military assistance guarding the Core. Though your home system is far from our vigil with the advancements to FTL conferred to all in attendance by Guardian we believe it no longer impossible for those who wish to do so to contribute to our defenses around the Core. Beyond this material service your promotion of the One shall be well looked upon by my order though I cannot promise more than kind regards for this service done so far from where we might reach."
    The crimson mote within Talotius’ ‘head’ flares to prominence briefly, with what would seem to be answering flickers and glows from the others with indecipherable patterns. In the few moments of pause before response, the dissonant flickering synchronizes and settles to the constant muted glow inside the smokey Aether stone once more.

“We regret being unable to dispatch strategic assets to aid in the Vigil at this time Sister, as the Tezh have until now prioritized harmonious physicality with other sentients above all and will continue to do so until no viable alternatives remain. However the Tessering Construct/doorlight device has introduced many new things for the Consensus to examine and it seems inevitable that We must consider the potential for destructive physicality. To that end, we will strive to dispatch strategic assets to aid in the Vigil as resources allow."

Talotius pauses again attempting to be careful with Their words, holy orders can be delicate when discussing taboo topics and while they both follow a philosophy of One-ness, the Tezh are extremely rational/practical in their view of The One instead of approaching it through faith.

“We do request elaboration on the efforts of the Vigil. Could you provide details on the Great Evil? This would allow Us to better prepare those Tezh that would be dispatched to assist the Vigil and maximize their usefulness to the Sisterhood of Silence.”

The Duenem
    Quote Originally Posted by Telescoping Radiance View Post
    "I agree. Cooperation would be beneficial to us both, and we are both non-organic. QUESTION. Who was that being with you?"
    Talotius’ Aether stone ‘head’ glimmers briefly - a reflection of mood? Tone? Who knows. “Organic, non-organic, corporeal, non-corporeal, we all trace our existence to the harmonic of the universe. It pleases Us to hear of cooperation and are eager to work for the betterment of all.”

With a turn of ‘shoulders’ that suggest Them looking back toward the door that the Stozudal figure retreated through, Talotius says “That being is Epatus, Head of the Unified Council of the native Stozudal population that We steward and work to uplift. We invited them to participate in this event so they could continue their progress towards full partnership with Tezh, and now the greater galactic community.

Please do not take offense at their exit, the odeum currently holds a collection of beings that they were not fully prepared to encounter. We Tezh are excited to meet other sentients in all their shape and size, since regardless of the nature of their physicality they each connect back to the harmonic of reality that We perceive in unique and beautiful ways.
    Last edited by KriegTiger; 2019-06-18 at 10:56 AM. Reason: adding specific post info to quotes

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The Gelean Republic

"That is good to hear Admiral," he said smiling a toothy smile, "Though of course I see you have not been so foolish as to come unprepared. This is good, the Conclave admires those with the sense to take precautions."
    It seems her arc pistol had no gone unnoticed though Azric did not linger on it any further as he instead leaned in a bit and his expression changed to one of curiosity.
    "Tell me Admiral, there are many here who resemble you. Are they all of your species? If so your kind must have had a mighty empire to rival even the Callers themselves."

Elizabeth nodded respectfully at the recognition of her arc pistol, though idly wondered how he'd react if he'd noticed the bomb replacing her jetpack's internals. His abrupt change of subject, however, had her creasing her forehead. "I posed a similar question on arrival, but am no closer to an answer. Many present here closely resemble humanity - I'm a human - but I can't be certain how closely they resemble the Gelean Genetic Mean without testing."

If they were close enough to that (though not too close), this meeting of the races might prove a more permanent answer to the genome problem, but that was an issue for later perusal. She frowned.

"At any rate, I'm not personally aware of any such empire. My people are descended from survivors from an accident involving damage to a colony ship, and our historical logs were damaged prior to that event."

17. - Top - End - #47

Prolog
    Aboard Research Station Flamenco
    “Okay, the clock’s at zero, our ‘appointed day’ has arrived. Is the device ready?” said the Captain, squinting sourly at it.

“Impossible to know. Probably?” replied Engineer Peachkeen Xio between mouthfuls of her RealCheese* ration bar.
    *(now made with upto 0.3% real cheese!)

“What do you mean impossible to know? A crewman’s life is a stake, this team has had the better part of a year to get this right!” the Captain scoffed.

Xio put the treat down, folded her hands over her lap, and sighed, “Look, I know you won captaincy on this rig because you're the best pick for hiding what the other floors are doing, but… let me try to explain as simply as possible. You ever buy a piece of furniture from Kroner Corp?”

“No, but I’m aware of their business model. They just ship the components and assembly instructions for a given product and leave the end user to do the assembly.”

“Right, well, that’s what we have here. The aliens have sent us a Kroner… something. Cosmic Whatzit. Just trying to articulate it exposes the core problem. You see, the thing about Kroner furniture is that often you might wind up with spare parts once everything’s put together. This can either be because you’ve been shipped redundancies, or you’ve messed up somewhere. If you happen to know what you were trying to build, it’s an easy fix.

“Was it supposed to be a chair? Does the end product look like a chair? Are all the legs stable? Can it support the weight of someone sitting on it? There’s a whole battery of simple tests you can run on a Kroner Chair to see if its assembly was adequate. This thing on the other hand?

“We simply don;t know what the end product is supposed to BE. There’s no metric to evaluate it. We’ve had fist fights in here over what hypothesis to even start from. Even assuming the intended is design from our alien friends is perfectly safe and benign, there’s no way to know if we got some part of it wrong in a way that might cause a catastrophic malfunction.”

“I see,” said the Captain, shifting his weight to his back foot, “Has it been decided who we’re sending in?”

“Yeah. Me.” Peachkeen Xio said briskly as she picked her Realcheese bar back up for another bite, “I supervised the whole project, I’m the only one who should have to wager their life on it doing whatever the hell it’s going to do to me.”

The Captain saluted her, “I see. Very brave. Well, in that case, by the authority invested in me by the Admiralty Council, by order of Grand Admiral Coldcase Tienlung, you, Peachkeen Xio, are hereby granted Emergency Powers to act as the Grand Admiral of the Jackstar Free Union for the duration of your mission, until such time you are relieved of your authority by the Admiralty Council,”.

“What an honor,” Xio said flatly as little crumbs of Realcheese sputtered out of her mouth.

She crumpled up the Realcheese bar wrapper and tossed it into a recycler with on hand while she flipped a heavy switch with the other. The alien device roared to life.
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2019-06-17 at 04:00 PM.
    ...with a vengeance!

18. - Top - End - #48

The Sisterhood of Silence

"Fantastic!" Natascha beamed, stealing the sister away for her private audience. Once they were alone she pulled up a hologram of the galaxy as it was; with her systems surrounded in a light green glow and those determined to be off-limits by this strange group of people in a much more hostile shade of red. Stepping back and letting it float there in front of them, she gestured up to the red area.

"I seem to understand that there is something either sacred or incredibly dangerous within these borders... And that you have had more time to connect with this caller AI than most here. That last bit lends well to your legitimacy, I must say, but I'm having trouble understanding how you can claim so many hundreds of systems as off-limits while neglecting to mention exactly why or how you intend to keep others out of this... Space. I'm assuming you plan to do so by force, but given enough time and effort, I believe that the other races of the universe will become so overconfident as to breach your territory. Successfully. What you need is a marketing plan... And no doubt a few extra resources to construct defenses are in order."

She pauses, clicking something in her hand as the red zone is highlighted with a great blue barrier around it. ...Noticeably, the border near to Celestia Corp has shrunk several regions.

"In order to fuel this sort of endeavor, we'll need to harvest resources at a capacity far outweighing our current capability. The exclusive access to these few regions would certainly lend us the boost we need to support your holy purpose, which we would pay for by way of additional protection, goods, and services... Or whatever else you may have in mind. Naturally, this is just the general idea of an agreement we might make. I'm interested in getting a bit more wiggle room for my company, and you're interested in keeping the core safe. If we each compromise a bit, I think we may come out of this very satisfied."

The Technocratic Caliphate

The woman turned to the foreign creature as he approached, her eyes scanning all of the most interesting parts of his biology in a way that weighted pros and cons to each 'piece.' Of course, when he started to talk, she looked up to his face attentively; even allowing a slight smile at the stranger's class. They were very charming for one evolved on another world. Her speech patterns move to mimic his own in her counter-introduction, moving to shake his hand. "It is a pleasure, True Ruler of the Kryptids. I am Natascha Liwei, Chief Executive Officer of the system-spanning Celestia Enterprises Corporation, and I came here to promote unity, wealth, and progress. ...If I had to guess as to the meaning of all this, I would attribute it to preparation. Whatever's out there, we're ready for it. As leaders of people chosen by this program, perhaps it sees fit to pass the fate of the galaxy into our hands. ..Or to have one among us succeed the Caller's legacy. Only time will tell."

Her eyes sparkle, still in a bit of disbelief at the going-ons... But she was a trained opportunist. "You mentioned that our systems were close, yes? That may well present a convincing case for cooperation in our endeavors.."

OwO, Zara, and Guardian

Natascha winced at the deafening voice of the AI, who she blinked at with what she would consider reasonable levels of shock after coming from the small folks in front of her. It caught the attention of another xeno near to her, who was curious about their tech, and she found herself realizing that her private pursuit to pursue damage charges had quickly become a matter of public relations. Still, it was leagues more entertaining than the weekly meeting she had the fortune of skipping.

Did... Did the giant space egg just tell her no soliciting? They abolished the right to do that on her homeworld ages ago.

Taking things in order, she replied to the ambassador of Zara first.

"Greetings from Celestia Enterprises, Governor. I am Natascha Liwei, Chief Executive Officer of my company, and about as close to a leader among us as you'll find these days. It would be my pleasure to organize a contract between us, particularly concerning the nature of foreign specialties and media. Before we get into that though, I'm afraid I must get to the bottom of this."

Her head tilts towards the egg and the squirrel-folks, pretending that she didn't take notice of the warning the AI had given her. "Mm... I'm quite sure that the folks aboard the ship bore your particular biology and... Style. I have evidence on hand that I may temporarily display via holocam. Take a look for yourself." Presented to them was a 3D image pertaining to the crash. It seemed to be a video feed that she could manipulate, which she used to pause it just before one of her satellite communication arrays was tragically obliterated and the lives of the xenos lost. The writing on the ship coupled with a view into the cockpit confirmed what she seemed to be saying. Despite it though, it didn't seem to be entirely real. The details on the foreign ship were sparse.

"So.. Would the Gwymwan peopwe--ple. People. Sorry.. Happen to have any sort of explanation for this mission? We've recreated this simulation based on evidence created by the crash. Some of the bodies remain mostly in tact. We would return them to you for some of the details concerning the ship's construction."
    Last edited by Zayuz; 2019-06-18 at 10:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Jeejee: <Forgive me for saying so, but I am at present not impressed by your OwO computer. And it seems a weak nation that would seek friendship and a passive position, without even sizing up its opponent’s strength. The Rothuun will not be fooled in this manner. We mean to stay dominant, and we will extend no hand of “friendship” to those that seem unworthy of our time. Good day to you.> Thrikar walks away from the Grymlan leader.

Zel-Dara: After leaving the Grymlans behind, Thrikar approaches the only ones present who appear to be as large or powerful as he is. Nodding to the Hearthling owl bears, he speaks to Zel-Dara. <Hello. I am Urthuun Thrikar Fleshgorger, leader of the Rothuun. I understand you are just a little bit to our north and west? It is pleasing to see another strong race in this room, either as a valuable ally... or a worthy enemy.>

20. - Top - End - #50

BardGuy

Spoiler: The Sisters
    Show
    The Sister nodded as though in appreciation for Mizusk's statement of shared belief but she was still slow to respond to his inquiry, carefully considering her words before speaking.

"There is a great Evil that lurks behind my Sisterhood's vigil, locked away by our stewardship of the Core. We ask that no species attempt to breach this perimeter not only for their own safety but for the safety of the galaxy as a whole. Our Sisterhood's founder gave to us in her final days the directive we still follow and we ask those who would seek to ignore our warnings to consider whether some short measured gain is worth more than peace and safety for Axiom and the continued existence of their species for if this Evil which lurks within is unleashed it may never be contained again as it is now."

Svetlana nodded slowly as the Sister spoke. She stood silent for a moment afterward, considering the vague warning. "I thank you for your words of warning. I think I can safely promise that you need not fear the Commonwealth violating your ban. We do not seek Evil, but Order. Although... if it cannot be returned to its dungeon, how was this evil trapped to begin with?"

Spoiler: Of Grymlans and Spaceships
    Show
    Of Grymlans and Ships -Odeum Δ
    "Hi-hi," Jeejee warmly greeted the new comer. "I'm Jeejee Scrapseeker, and this is OwO. If we could seehear more about your people, it would be joyjoy to share knowhow with you."

"Of course, my good Scrapseeker. Our people are much as I am physically, and devoted to progress and peacefulness. We come from a world covered in great seas. What of your people and technology? What world do you hail from?"

Spoiler: An Enterprising Discussion
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Zayuz View Post
    OwO, Zara, and Guardian

Natascha winced at the deafening voice of the AI, who she blinked at with what she would consider reasonable levels of shock after coming from the small folks in front of her. It caught the attention of another xeno near to her, who was curious about their tech, and she found herself realizing that her private pursuit to pursue damage charges had quickly become a matter of public relations. Still, it was leagues more entertaining than the weekly meeting she had the fortune of skipping.

Did... Did the giant space egg just tell her no soliciting? They abolished the right to do that on her homeworld ages ago.

Taking things in order, she replied to the ambassador of Zara first.

"Greetings from Celestia Enterprises, Governor. I am Natascha Liwei, Chief Executive Officer of my company, and about as close to a leader among us as you'll find these days. It would be my pleasure to organize a contract between us, particularly concerning the nature of foreign specialties and media. Before we get into that though, I'm afraid I must get to the bottom of this."

Her head tilts towards the egg and the squirrel-folks, pretending that she didn't take notice of the warning the AI had given her. "Mm... I'm quite sure that the folks aboard the ship bore your particular biology and... Style. I have evidence on hand that I may temporarily display via holocam. Take a look for yourself." Presented to them was a 3D image pertaining to the crash. It seemed to be a video feed that she could manipulate, which she used to pause it just before one of her satellite communication arrays was tragically obliterated and the lives of the xenos lost. The writing on the ship coupled with a view into the cockpit confirmed what she seemed to be saying. Despite it though, it didn't seem to be entirely real. The details on the foreign ship were sparse.

"So.. Would the Gwymwan peopwe--ple. People. Sorry.. Happen to have any sort of explanation for this mission? We've recreated this simulation based on evidence created by the crash. Some of the bodies remain mostly in tact. We would return them to you for some of the details concerning the ship's construction."

"Hail, Chief Executive Officer Liwei. And certainly, take all the time you need. I will continue to admire your and the Grymlans' holographic mastery." Mizusk recognized Natascha's way of speaking from certain unsavory elements among the bureaucracy of Zara, but said nothing. This argument gave him the opportunity both to examine the holographic tech and to size up his fellow ambassadors, and it would be stupid to waste it.

The Droccen Imperium

Following her conversation with Sister Gertwin, Svetlana waited for an opportunity to approach Princess Sai. The map had indicated the reddish aliens were reasonably near to Zara*, and the massive robot accompanying her caught her attention - it might be the solution to a lot of problems.

"Hail, friend. I saw from the map that your people are rather nearby to ours. My name is Svetlana Vykos, Head of the Department of Engineering of the Commonwealth of Zara. I would be interested in bringing our peoples closer together, and the machine beside you also sparks my interest. Would you tell me about it?"
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2019-06-17 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Totally missed Zayuz's post, whoops

21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: The Lyraen Delegation
    Show
    Lyrae the Ascended: Leader of the Lyraen people. She is a well-built, sturdy Lyraen who some, those possessing a taste for such things, might find pretty, if they could see under her ceremonial mask.
    Tra Gutri: Head of House Gutri. A warrior through and through. Concerned primarily with military affairs and the defense of Lyrae.
    Ool Vulk: Head of House Vulk. A brash, loud adventurer who loves 'wine and women', in that order. If this were somehow connected to the real world, he would be American.
    Tur Oblom: Head of House Oblom. A dour, thinner Lyraen with somber dress and a keen interest in both biology and neuroscience, which explains why he is always poking around with corpses...right?
    Ayl Lan: Head of House Lan. Childhood friend of the current Lyrae and very devoted to her. Likes to portray a calm, confident image.

To Seek the Stars: Lyrae and Guardian

A small smile crosses Lyrae's face. An almost sad one. "No," she says, "I was not speaking in a physical sense. The metaphysical is what I am after. I came expecting to find an assembly of stars, their spirits bound in a physical form like me. Instead, I find the children of many stars, but no stars themselves."

She looks searchingly up to Guardian. "Oracle," she says, not as a name, but as a respectful title, "Have you encountered anyone like that in your long life? The spirits of awakened stars, fused to a mortal body like me or perhaps roaming free?"

Going Nuts: Ayl Lan and Jeejee (And OwO)

Ayl Lan inclines her head in greeting to every member of the Grymlan delegation in turn. "In the name of Lyrae, may this be a happy meeting," she pronounces solemnly, not a drop of happiness in her tone. The very voice of that...thing grates on her nerves. She hopes they will not have to deal much with it. Then, she recalls that the Grymlans are close neighbors and they will most certainly be dealing with them frequently.

She pastes a smile on her face, showing a bit more teeth than strictly necessary, and addresses OwO. "It is my purpose to work closely with the Department of Education and ensure that every member of our race receives the proper understanding of our place in the universe. We are the children of Lyrae, the star our worlds orbit. From her, we receive light, life, and warmth. And she has deigned to live among us, merging her spirit with that of the Ascended One to give us, her offspring, the benefit of her wisdom and guidance."

To Challenge a God: Tur Oblom and the Kamasati

In another corner, a slender, bespectacled Lyraen adorned in a black robe embroidered with strange, shifting symbols watches the Kamasati delegation from a distance. There is a frown on his face and he seems to be trying to figure out exactly how they work. Biologically, that is.

Honor and Battlelines: Tra Gutri and the Knights Valco

At one point in their procession through the assembly, the Knights find their way conspicuously blocked by an alien that is certainly not human. A massive, lupine form, standing well over two meters tall, stands before them, thickset arms folded in front of him. Unlike many here, he wears what seems a simple battle-uniform, namely a breastplate of hardened steel that reflects the light in an odd way and some plates that guard the front of his thighs. His back is unarmored, for to turn and run is the mark of a coward.

"So," he says in a voice that is closer to growling and snarling than normal speech, even with the translator, "If I were to wager, I would bet you consider yourself warriors."
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-06-17 at 04:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Slowly, as seemed to be her way, the Sister focused her gaze on the magenta skinned humanoid now standing before her and the imposing armored guard beside her.

"Princess Sai of Droccen, we at Emergent Twilight hear from our sisters cloistered within Dawn Embrace of your homeworld's admirable adherence to the beliefs we share. In fact I come bearing a message from the Abbess Hermona of Dawn Embrace*," the Sister withdrew an electronic pad from the folds of her robe and held it out for the Princess or her guardian to take.

*The pad contains an IC version of the request made by the SoS in the Organization actions.
    "Droccen is honored by your faith in us, Sister Gerwin." She tucked the tablet into the folds of her elaborate crimson robes once she had gazed her fill upon it.

"I am certain my Grandmother will do her best to not let you down." A shadow crossed her features as she mentioned her ailing kin.

"Might we be allowed to visit Abbess Hermona of Dawn Embrace? Or even send some to study there?"

Quote Originally Posted by Minescratcher View Post
    The Droccen Imperium

Spoiler
    Show
    Following her conversation with Sister Gertwin, Svetlana waited for an opportunity to approach Princess Sai. The map had indicated the reddish aliens were reasonably near to Zara*, and the massive robot accompanying her caught her attention - it might be the solution to a lot of problems.

"Hail, friend. I saw from the map that your people are rather nearby to ours. My name is Svetlana Vykos, Head of the Department of Engineering of the Commonwealth of Zara. I would be interested in bringing our peoples closer together, and the machine beside you also sparks my interest. Would you tell me about it?"
    A welcoming smile brightened Sai's features and her Guardian nodded slightly to show his approval of the topic, namely himself.

"Yes, hello! I am Princess Sai of Droccen, as you know." Her face squinched in thought for a moment before her Guardian aided her memory.

"Sector G-25." Sai's face cleared in recognition.

"Oh of course! How wonderful to meet a neighbor! This is my Guardian, Kuro. He is no mere machine, however." She looked slightly embarrassed by the thought but continued.

"Guardians may have a metal construct but inside of them reside the spirits of our Droccen ancestors. They act as guide as well as guardians. They're very loyal, once they've bonded with their wards they will never leave their sides until death. And then their spirits are free once again and the construct becomes inert." She pouted slightly, thinking again of her Grandmother and her Guardian who she was very fond of.

"It must sound very strange to you!" She tilted her head slightly, the large bun of white hair wobbling with the motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

23. - Top - End - #53

The Kron
    King-General Krazkul stands mulling over the speech he just heard. He is dazzled by all the life forms and decides to go and see what other races he can find that have similar thoughts to his own and see what kind of things they have to offer.
    Krazkul decides the best course of action will be to talk to the guardian AI since it seems to be the one who organized this. He walks over and speaks aloud to the AI
    "Great AI I have a few questions for you."
    "First may I ask what those numbers you were saying meant. They intrigue me."
    "Second, how many others of these places are there and why is this the only functional one"
    "Lastly what is in the center of the universe."

After the above.

Krazkul decides to head off to find someone who may be of some interest to him he would like to discuss some deals.

He also heard that there may be a friendly contest of strength and he thinks it would be a good chance to see what other races might interest him for military reasons.
    Come to the dark side; we have pop-tarts.
    "Is no fun. Is no Blinsky" "He is... FIZBOP THUNDERTOES!!!!!"

Spoiler: The Night of the Living Thread
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DivisibleByZero View Post
    We, as humans, have incisors. Those are made for tearing flesh and meat.
    Meat tastes good.
    If we aren't supposed to eat people, then why are they made of meat?

24. - Top - End - #54

Dawnstar Dominion
    Vice commander Jean C. responded as Mycella silently examined the stranger from the Dawn star Dominion. Ask Whatever you may Sir Vandred.

Lyrean Delegation

It's not too often that Mycella had to look up at someone, to an extent it was unnerving, especially when combined wit the aliens dog like appearance. To this hulk of a Lyrean Mycella responded. All knights are trained in the arts of war from a young age. So yes war is a part of our flawed DNA, and what of you?
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

"At any rate, I'm not personally aware of any such empire. My people are descended from survivors from an accident involving damage to a colony ship, and our historical logs were damaged prior to that event."
    Admiral Elizabeth was interrupted by a man she would recognize to be inappropriately dressed for such a momentous occasion. Silver rimmed spectacles, a snug grey hoodie, dark blue jeans and sneakers. His hair was greying prematurely at the temples, extending down his salt-and-pepper sideburns. Having swung into view, he lifted a handheld display towards her before introduce himself. Dr. Stradford then did not introduce himself.

"Tell me when you see a language you recognize."

Abundantly clever, the linguist had been toying with the device for several minutes already and had realized the chamber automatically translated everything it perceived as an attempt at meaning without fail. Every file on his tablet had been converted to his native English. Even audio recordings of the primitive Corthish gruntings were translated. So too the rapid, high pitched clicks of the bat-like creatures they called Wyverns. Wyverns were not only vastly more intelligent than previously thought, they were poetic geniuses.

The tablet displayed a rendered ink brush briskly writing letters in one Celenian language after another.

"The universal translator here works on complete words, or meaningful individual characters. But it looks like phonemes and brushstrokes are exempt," he explained.

B...O...N...J...O...U...R
    न...म...स्...ते
    G...U...T...T...E...N...T...A...G
    H...E...L...L...O

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [INDENT]Droccen Imperium:
    While mingling in the West Hallway, Talotius overhears a brief exchange with Sister Gertwin and turns to find Crowned Princess Sai. After the Crowned Princess has had her audience, Talotius politely seeks to gain her attention and begin a dialogue.

"On behalf of the Tezh Consensus, We greet you Crowned Princess of Droccen, Sai, sixth of her name, Heartkeeper and adherent of the One. It saddens Us to hear that your Empress could not attend and participate in the wisdom of the One. We Tezh offer what skill we have in the welfare of sentients to aid your Empress, for we have learned that often sometimes all One needs is a different perspective to overcome adversity."
    Sai grinned ruefully at the use of her formal names.

"Greetings representative of the Tezh Consensus!" She glanced at her Guardian briefly but he shook his head minutely in response. These were not neighbors but she was still pleased to make new acquaintances. It seemed they were kind enough to offer aid and they adhered to the One's teachings to boot.

"How fortuitous that we have met! You may call me Sai." Her Guardian made a throat clearing sound which was particularly effective in getting her attention since he had no throat.

"Princess Sai, that is! How may I address you?" She wondered briefly if personal names were not ubiquitous within the galaxy.

"We would be very grateful for any help you could offer my Grandmother. Though I'm afraid I know not of these Sentients."

The Guardian

Sai and her Guardian took their turn and approached The Guardian that brought them to this place.

"Um, hello." Sai shifted her shoulders a bit, slightly intimidated by the all-knowingness of The Guardian.

"I am Princess Sai, but you probably knew that." Her Guardian turned his big metal head to her but she held aloft a small raspberry hand to stay his admonishments.

"Guardian... on Droccen, we have our own Guardians." She gestured with the hand she had raised.

"Are you, too, filled with the spirit of an ancestor?"

Celestia

It had been her Guardian who had sussed out the delegation from Celestia. As one of their closest neighbors, it was considered a high priority to establish relations while they had the chance, and not only because of the Sister's missive.

"Pardon me, I believe you are of The Celestia Enterprises?" Sai approached the energetic woman with no little fascination.

"I am from your neighbor, The Droccen Homeworld? I am Princess Sai. It's a pleasure to meet you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Gengy View Post
    Spoiler: Gengy apologizes for doing away with a character I haven't bothered to name
    Show
    How did you take control of one of our knowledge parasites?
    i

"Easily."

For a full explanation, this one recommends a private conference. Unless the Church of Iteus wishes this one to share the specifics of knowledge parasites with entire group of assembled representatives? In which case, that would be quite generous for many here, but may severely limit growth of Iteans.

Emotion: Regret for loss of unfortunate archdeacon.

Data indicates it was an unintentional side effect. Unique physiology of chosen knowledge parasite was unaccounted for. Supposition: without interference, the particular knowledge parasite would have not functioned properly, likely resulting in worse effects."
    An idea strikes the Pontiff, the potential for further gains by the Church laid out in the open. "I would be interested in a private discussion, but for now I have one simple question. Was the message a continuous signal broadcast through the mouth of the Archdeacon following consumption of the parasite or applied to the parasite once to be looped by the consumer?"

Kryptids
    Quote Originally Posted by asmodeussnake View Post
    Spoiler: Asmo inadvertently exploits moos' adoration of the Geonosians
    Show
    The warm blood known as the Pontiff was approached by the lord caller leader of the religious faith of the one and self proclaimed leader of the Kryptids. "I apologize for the earlier poor show within the confines of these hallowed halls. There has been an inserruction and my people are currently split between faith and of course the evils of secular belief. I imagine you understand the importance of noble faith, and how even those of different creeds must unify if we're to crush secular ideologies that would destroy us... I was hoping I could offer friendship to your organization and perhaps work to ensure religious cohesion. ensure our part of the galaxy remains in the hands of the faithful even if our aspirations are slightly different."
    The Kryptid leader catches the Pontiff on her way back up to the balcony where the rest of her party stands. Even with their eyes hidden the enforcers betray an unnerved view on the insectoid, while the Pontiff's mouth simply smiles cordially beneath her eye coverings. "A pleasure to meet you, sir..." [OOC: it is assumed that the name is given here, and I shall continue as if it has been so as to not slow things down too greatly]

"I am Altea, Pontiff of the Church of Iteus." She briefly looks up to the map, gauging the distance between their sectors. "...We may not be the closest of neighbors, but already I feel a sense of cohesion between our ideologies. Tell me, what are the aspirations of your faith? Once you have reunited your world, what shall you do?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Of Grymlans and Ships

"Wow-wow, an ocean planet?" Jeejee grinned as she added some information to her handcomputer. "Our homeworld, DirtCradle, is different I think. Several deepoceans, but several earthland types. Tallcrags, grassseas, sandseas, hometrees, and even the Death Lands, thats were we foundsaved OwO."

The conversation turned back to Natascha's questioning in regards to the Grymlan ship.

"No-no," Jeejee's tail flicked irritably. "We only gotgiven the makeprints for the GLD. Inspiration sounds like a heckingcool name, but we haven't craftmade any darkships with that name much less seven." She chuckled uneasily, "If Grymlans had foundmade FTL godrives other peoples would knowmet us before now."

Going Nuts

"OwO guides the gwymwans as a fwiend." OwO said, "They saved OwO fwom its shippywweck and wepaiwed OwO. In wetuwn OwO hewps gwymwan fwiends with theiw weseawch and expwowation to see knowwedge. OwO wouwd be mowe than happy to hewp lywean fwiends if they wouwd want it."

"Wow-wow! A real god!" Jeejee interjected as she started tapping on her hand computer, "Is she a good-good god? Or a smitey-smite god?" The grymlan's curiosity contained no hint of malice, "Does she looksee like one of you because she craftmade you or did she take your personshape to not to scare you? Oh!? Maybe she's all squiggly-wibbly and lookseeing her causes mindcracks! Can I looksee her!?"

Shooting the Bull

Jeejee's ears drooped as the Rothuun left her. She picked up her hand computer and started typing on it while muttering, "Alright mister, you're on-on the list, now."
    Last edited by SquirrelWizard; 2019-06-17 at 11:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Rothuun

"I am intrigued. What is more valuable than the strength of a powerful race such as yours?" Yellow-Coat-Stripes looks over the minotaurs appreciatively.

Sisters

"Curious. Tell me, there are times when one creature must destroy another in order to survive. What does your order believe on that topic?" The Syndrome ruler's hum is one of curiosity and mild amusement.

Couriers

"Ah, trade and profit. I will contact your organization later; I may have a business proposition for you." Business is something the Overlady understands, and the ability to import so many wonderful exotic species from across the Galaxy would be very valuable. "I will not expend any more of your time. Thank you and farewell."

Grymlans

The Overlady buzzes confusion for a second as she mentally translates the creature's strange dialect. "Only if I may learn of yours in equal exchange. You have such boundless energy, I wonder if it could be harnessed." The very last comment seems mostly aimed towards herself.

Duenem

There seems to be some measure of unease around the Overlady as she replies to Radiance. "I am Yellow-Coat-Stripes, Overlady of the Syndrome. You are?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #60

~~~

Godspeakers were a chaff-born pain to deal with. Living-Reliquary Grace-Which-Is-Beauty's-Sustenance (whose designation, in a time lost, was once Sky Protection Unit AE170F; or Grace to her friends) was fairly convinced the Revered Ones chose them for stubbornness. The Rass woman once again waved away the warnings of her guards about the glowing door that lie before them, adjusting her blessing-chains, itching under neck scales as the metal rubbed against still-fresh carvings, currently outlined in red paint against the cream-colored, black-patterned scales on her throat. "Speaker Spirescarheights, I would like to remind you, for the ninth time, that we do not have sufficient information concerning the other side of this device to allow a personage as important as yourself to -"

"And for the eighth time, Grace, Bamiroh would not speak for the first time in what must be thousands of years for the express purpose of murdering the Speaker they helped appoint!" Godspeaker Androgynous-Foreigner sighed and held out her arms, lifting what remained of her tail and letting the prosthetic attachment balance her as her ceremonial drapings were laid across her. Androgynous-Foreigner tried to tie the front herself, fumbling with the unfamiliar knots required, for the few moments it took for her foremost aide, Masculine-Noble-In-Bearing, to reach her, swat her claws away from the material, and begin tying them for her, tossing her a look of annoyance. The Rass guards exchanged a glance, bemused by the exchange between the bonded pair; Masculine-Noble-In-Bearing was a recrafter, and their understanding of the logistics of ceremony and propriety far exceeded their mate's, even if the Godspeaker's divinity and understanding of the gods was beyond comparison. It was remarkable that the Revered One had started speaking so soon after Androgynous-Foreigner's selection by the gods, a decision which had surprised no one more than Androgynous-Foreigner herself, whose previous profession as a rescue diver made her feel more at home with individuals than interpreting the strange communications of the Revered Ones to crowds on orbital videocasting.

Still, no one interrupted. Only the Godspeaker could speak to the Living-Reliquary in such a manner, and in turn Grace could afford to say things no one else would to the middle-aged Godspeaker. A sound much like frustrated exhalation crackled from Grace's internal speakers as she gestured at the light. "Just because the Revered Bamiroh did not deceive does not mean that we didn't mess up when building it!" This perspective, more than anything else, gave the Godspeaker pause. An expression of hesitance crossed her face, though Grace could only tell due to the accumulated data she'd been able to collect over the past twenty-six years, seven months, and fourteen days she'd been aware amongst these people. Their faces did not resemble the ones that still haunted her dreams during recompilation, the ones whose apprehensions and worries she had once failed to prove unfounded. The ones she could never recall clearly. The expression was fleeting however, and Androgynous-Foreigner scuffed her foot to the side in dismissal as she responded. "Nmm...reh! We've had the finest priests this side of the Ancients working on it for over a year! We've checked every rust-jagging detail so many times I'm going to chew the rest of my tail off if we wait any longer!"

While the outburst wasn't exactly priestly of her, Grace understood the woman's frustrations, especially with how close they were to the appointed time. It had been a few minutes ago, in point of fact, though everyone had been in such a rush that they hadn't realized, though Grace's internal clock was unaffected by her own emotional state. But this was progress, and Grace smiled internally at finally finding something to get through the Godspeaker's skull-scales. "I do not ask you to wait long, Speaker. Merely allow me my role as your protector, and enter first, and I will affirm if it safe."

Godspeaker Androgynous-Foreigner Allchurch Spirescarheights looked up at her friend, protector, and advisor with concern in her eyes for what felt both like an unreasonably long time, and exactly 9.78312 seconds to Grace-Which-Is-Beauty's-Sustenance, before slowly bobbing her head.

~~~

Such was how the first entity through the Rhoshan Door turned out to be a scarred, eight-foot tall combat machine with a remarkable likeness to a female human with wings. Or wing, rather. There was visible evidence of significant reconstruction on the robot's right side, and four long, ribbon-like appendages that looked more like tentacles than jointed limbs. As the end of the tentacles pulled through the door, the machine's tricuspid faceplate retracted, revealing an articulated - and recognizably human-like - face, though it was more artistic than organic in design.

After her/it(?), a hunched, scaled figure with a smoothly tapered figure and a long head stepped through, heavily ornamented with what looked like fragments of scrap metals, ceramics, and electrical components. Their scales glinted here and there with, and painted across their skull and back with red ink were designs that looked like more like strange electrical circuits than anything else, and their tail would end abrubtly at a stump, shorter than their hind legs, were it not for a long, disconcertingly sleek-looking fin-like prosthetic that attached to and extended it. If the device was accurate to the length their tail must once have had, they would be nearly two and a half meters long from tip of the nose to the end of the tail, though even standing nearly straight, the top of their head only reached to the hips of their mechanical companion. Their eyes widened as they fell upon Guardian, and

~~~

Godspeaker Androgynous-Foreigner Allchurch Spirescarheights fell to her hands, sense of balance lost suddenly, blinking as the woman struggled to comprehend the enormity of what this meant. Grace's ribbarms helped her stand almost absent-mindedly, and Androgynous-Foreigner managed to tear her eyes away long enough to glance at her own personal protector goddess, who seemed fixated not on Guardian - which was no real surprise, as while the two seemed evidently magnitudes apart in power, both were, nevertheless, divine - but on the aliens in the room. It hardly took a second for Androgynous-Foreigner to see why - their forms were in the goddess's likeness, after all. But even still, she could not get the thought of her head. There are gods beyond ours. We are not the last - my burden is not borne alone.

The sense of relief, of awe, of terror, of-of Revelation, was so profound she could cry, her scales twitching beneath her robe, along her arms, and along her throat. The carvings still made her itch, but she tried to use the feeling as a way to keep from thumping her prosthetic against the ground from the emotion. Her less divine guards, clad in ceremonial (though thankfully functional, thought some part of Androgynous-Foreigner, remembering the West Mountcoast Rapids incident a few months ago) armor and bearing weapons kept more for their historical significance than their usefulness were coming soon after. Androgynous-Foreigner had no expectation that they would keep even so much composure as she.

~~~

Grace took half a step forward before reminding herself of her duties and looking back to the Speaker, who bobbed her head, taking a breath before moving forward.

Behind them, they could hear the sound of four meter long Rass falling to their claws in reverence and their own, personal Revelations.
    Last edited by Rolepgeek; 2019-06-18 at 01:02 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Role P. Geek