New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIV

The young man shakes his head as if manic before stammering over himself. "Um, it - it's hard to explain, there's something in the water, I think! Her tree is dying, and it's killing her as it happens! I've tried to tell people, but no one listens... She hears machines in the ground." He frowns before exhaling sharply. "I think they're hurting her."

With a sorrowful squawk, the crow upon the table adds emphasis.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Bathroom => Main Area]

"There's someone who specializes in interdimensional portals in VIGIL," she says. Zophiel hasn't been in VIGIL for long but she's heard of a couple of the other people there.

The paladin leads Brad out of the women's restroom, first looking for Zee to inform her of the magic diplomat guy who was in there.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Prince Brad's eyes widen really far when he sees the rest of the tavern, absolutely astounded by what he sees in the tavern. So many different types of people! He's not used to much more than humans, really.

Jason might note that after she leaves, the crack closes. Hopefully the bedroom still exists, just not butted up against the the girl's toilets any more. The missing lavatory doesn't reappear, though.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Jason exits the restroom. "Crack sealed after we left. He won't be following us that way." She listens to what Zophiel has to say. "Vigil seems like a safe bet then."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Jason exits the restroom. "Crack sealed after we left. He won't be following us that way." She listens to what Zophiel has to say. "Vigil seems like a safe bet then."
    "Oh, good," she says: it's closed. Zophiel looks back. "I'll take him there." If Jason wants to come along, Zophiel won't stop her, but it's okay if she has to take care of other things.

But first, she turns to Brad again and crouches to get to eye-level: "It's a little far away - we'll have to take a train to get there - so do you want to eat before we go?" Since, judging by the crack, it looks like they won't get followed.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Okay, so, your girlfriend is a tree and people from Skyside have mining machines that might be hurting her? Maybe?" Zee recounts. "Would it work to dig up her tree and move it somewhere else?"

Aren't there fancy machines for plucking whole trees out of the ground?

Zee pretty sure she's seen videos about that before.

"I'm... honestly not really sure what you want me to do? Fae stuff really isn't my thing."

Except for murdering them.

"And there are a lot of jerks at Skyside, but I don't know if industrial sabotage is really a great idea? Have you tried talking to the people doing the mining?"

A beat.

"Wait, no, that probably wouldn't help. If I've learned anything about Skyside it's that the people with all the power there really don't care who they hurt."

What a nettly issue.

"What do you want me to do?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Prince Brad nods at the train. That's a technology he's familiar with (albeit only in steam-powered form). "A meal would be good, yes. Um... Would there be a private dining room, or is it only communal dining?" Where the peasants can see him eat? What kind of royal treatment is that?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Jason looks skeptically at Prince Brad. She understands why he wants to eat out of sight, but doesn't especially appreciate that behavior. A good leader should be familiar with the people under them. He doesn't seem disturbed by being rescued by peasants though, just at eating with them. Weird. "There are some private booths over there." She gestures in that direction.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #189

Zophiel has no problem with communal dining. She doesn't even have any problem with communal *bedrooms*. But, even so, she can tell that Brad has a problem with them.

Luckily!
    Jason points out the private booths.
    Practically hidden behind the ferns. "Yeah. Wow, I didn't notice those," she says. There's probably actually other restaurants that have private rooms, but Zophiel doesn't know Inside well enough to know where they are.

She'll lead Brad over there, hand him a menu and tell him to order what he wants, and then get Paige to deliver the order (and...whatever else is ordered from Jason. Zophiel isn't really all that into eating right now. She came here to get a drink, so that's what she orders.).
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

"Can I have chilli con carne, please?" He hasn't quite connected the dots that neither Zophiel or Jason aren't some level of nobility. Their clothing is unusual; he was working under the assumption they were foreign emissaries or noble travellers, possibly from Europe or the Canadas.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Where does Brad think he is, exactly? Jason orders a burger and fries. She's not about to drink, not while she's helping to look after Brad. She tries to make some conversation while they wait. "What is it like, where you come from? In Texas?" She's still pretending she doesn't know where that is.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Adir seems to scan Zefir with his eyes. A little wary now. He folds his hands and lowers his head. "I don't know, man. That's why I'm asking. Selling bombs to the wrong people, maybe? Look, brother, I'm not gonna pretend to know your situation. I can't judge people for their reasons. I've done some pretty lousy stuff myself. Stuff I've never told anybody."

"I'll tell you I'm here for you, man, and I've still got your back. But you gotta come clean here. I need to know what you were doing in Riverside, and what you're doing at AMEN. Riverside, especially, because... man, those demons tried to burn my family once. I'll never be done paying them back for that. And AMEN doesn't exactly seem like their enemies..."
    "I am with AMEN." C4 admits. "It's complicated, but currently I have no choice then stay. That's what this mask is about anyways."

He sights. This hasn't been a good talk so far. Not that he is mad someone found out, but he is still not clear how this might effect things.

"AMEN was at a bad shape before the Riverside attack. No suprise I guess, but at that moment the demons arrived at the door all with their mighty battleship? Battelcity? Something larg and slow moving. They requested to team up with AMEN, but with such a force at the door and near no defence AMEn could just give in. After that things were silent and I say AMEn has recovered enougth to treat those demons as enemies."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

A tall man with chocolate brown skin, black wavy hair in a low-cut style, a moustache, a full trimmed beard and a muscular build walks into the bar. He’s dressed in a form-fitting grey sweater, khaki trousers and combat boots. His sclera is white with a pink tint, and his eyes are purple. He's a numan, of the stock of Dami and Lami, known to the Nexus as Mirai and Karasu.

He walks up to the bar and orders a bottle of beer. "The light stuff." Chidi says. Gotta keep a clear head.

((Waiting for Violist))
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

14. - Top - End - #194

Aimi wasn't too sure about going to a place as busy as Trog's, but she wanted to finally get more used to everything that the Nexus had to offer. She supposed she owed it that much, after what it had been able to do for her. She sat at a small table, looking between each of the patrons, with a mug of tea in her hand. She smiled at each of them, and all of their differences. "I wish I'd come here sooner," she muttered to herself. "There's a lot to see..."

15. - Top - End - #195

Zophiel

Zophiel is a paladin, so...that maybe counts as nobility? In the same way that a knight would, I guess. Paladins have an aura of nobility, right? If they do, then that might explain why he thinks Zophiel's noble.

"Okay," she says. She orders that for him.
    Her drink isn't that mind-breaking, to be honest: getting too drunk and such is bad for heroism.

She listens.

Marin

((¿I guess you're waiting for me?))

A catgirl returns to Trog's Tavern.
    She has finally gotten over her embarrassment from the last time she was here.
    She's got purple hair/tail/ears, a turtleneck sweater, and a knee-length skirt.

She sits down at the bar and waits for Paige to be available to get her order.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

As they wait for their food, Jason pulls off her glove and begins examining it and muttering to herself. She produces a pair of thin metal tools from her back pocket and opens a compartment on the glove, using the tools to gently examine the wires and circuit boards within.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Aimi wasn't too sure about going to a place as busy as Trog's, but she wanted to finally get more used to everything that the Nexus had to offer. She supposed she owed it that much, after what it had been able to do for her. She sat at a small table, looking between each of the patrons, with a mug of tea in her hand. She smiled at each of them, and all of their differences. "I wish I'd come here sooner," she muttered to herself. "There's a lot to see..."
    As Aimi peruses the patrons out and about, eyes moving from dragonborn to drukhari, from celebrating adventurer to off-duty advertising agent, she might catch sight of an unusual sight for this sort of establishment - an academic, and one busy at work at that! A woman of Japanese descent on the smaller side is leaning over a laptop and typing away, a pair of white rabbit's ears poking through dark hair done up in a messy bun. Her typing comes to a stop with a sigh of relief, and her white-gloved hands leave the keys as she leans back, reaching for her own mug of tea.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

18. - Top - End - #198

Aimi barely managed to suppress a small laugh at the apparent student hard at work, in a noisy bar filled with adventurers and at least one used car salesman. But it took all kinds, she knew that as well as anyone. She stood up, and approached the only other quiet table in the tavern, loosening her shoulder bag a little. "You know there are much quieter places to work on your dissertation, right? Assuming there is a med school around here..."

She was dressed in her normal clothing - tight brown pants and a light jacket over a plain shirt, an outfit that emphasized the small curves that she does have. She brushed her bangs out of her eyes. "What brings someone like you around here?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Marin

((¿I guess you're waiting for me?))

A catgirl returns to Trog's Tavern.
    She has finally gotten over her embarrassment from the last time she was here.
    She's got purple hair/tail/ears, a turtleneck sweater, and a knee-length skirt.

She sits down at the bar and waits for Paige to be available to get her order.
    ((The only way I could think of saying "closed (for now, anyway) scene" ))

Chidi turns to look at the person who's just sat down in the bar and sees... a girl with cat ears and tail! His briefing courtesy of his last new student Mirai did say that this place is a fantasy kitchen sink, but he didn't expect to find a catgirl so soon! Especially as one of his favourite things in anime is catgirls, but that'll happen if you tend to like - and have kept - cats.

"Hi. You have cat ears." He says in fascination. "And your hair, it's the colour of my eyes. Might I feel your ears? I hope that isn't creepy, it's just... where I'm from, catgirls only exist in anime." The man in his thirties says. But knowing cats, they'll only let you touch them if they trust you... really, a person will only let you touch their head if they trust you, but he's hoping to get a feel of fluffy human-sized cat ears.

"Where are my manners? I'm Chidi. That's Chee-dee. And you are?" He can't hide his fascination.
    Love is the message.

20. - Top - End - #200

"Um, yes, I have cat ears," Marin says. She looks over at him to see his eyes...Oh, yes, they do kind-of match.

To be honest, though, she does find it a little creepy. Sure, it can feel good, but..."I-I'd rather you didn't," she says. One of her ears flicks, and her tail moves downwards. "Yeah, it is a little weird."

Anyway.
    Introducing is a good thing. "Hi, I'm Marin. I live in the next city over." In Riverside.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

"Um, yes, I have cat ears," Marin says. She looks over at him to see his eyes...Oh, yes, they do kind-of match.

To be honest, though, she does find it a little creepy. Sure, it can feel good, but..."I-I'd rather you didn't," she says. One of her ears flicks, and her tail moves downwards. "Yeah, it is a little weird."

Anyway.
    Introducing is a good thing. "Hi, I'm Marin. I live in the next city over." In Riverside.
    The droopy tail tells him all he needs to know, before she even speaks, and he raises both hands in surrender. "I'm sorry, I lost myself for a bit, there. Even grown men can geek out at the sight of a catgirl, you know." Chidi says, a little defensively. "I'll keep my hands to myself. Let's start over?" He adds, and folds his hands in front of him instead, tapping out a rhythm on the table.

"So, you're from around here, huh? As I said, I'm new here and I'd like to ask you some questions. What can you tell me about this Nexus, what other kind of people can I expect to meet? Could you take me on a tour later, Marin? Of course, you can answer them one after the other." He asks, then waits for her to respond.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-03-12 at 07:14 AM.
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #202

"I-it's fine," Marin says, trying to reassure him. "I'm already used to that kind of reaction."

"I actually don't really know my way around this city," she says apologetically, "so you should find someone else for a tour. Like I said, I'm from the next city over, and this one here, Inside, is actually a pretty large city." She finally does order something.

"But, um, you mentioned anime, so you're from Earth too, right?" she asks. Since knowing his background will help answer his first question. "The Nexus - and this city in particular - have basically anything you can imagine." In fact, if you look around the tavern right now, you'll see a variety of creatures and such from a variety of settings. Compared to some of them, a catgirl would seem pretty normal and boring. But, obviously, there's also more human-ish people too. "There's some clear demarcations about what parts are more dangerous so just avoid those."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

"I-it's fine," Marin says, trying to reassure him. "I'm already used to that kind of reaction."

"I actually don't really know my way around this city," she says apologetically, "so you should find someone else for a tour. Like I said, I'm from the next city over, and this one here, Inside, is actually a pretty large city." She finally does order something.

"But, um, you mentioned anime, so you're from Earth too, right?" she asks. Since knowing his background will help answer his first question. "The Nexus - and this city in particular - have basically anything you can imagine." In fact, if you look around the tavern right now, you'll see a variety of creatures and such from a variety of settings. Compared to some of them, a catgirl would seem pretty normal and boring. But, obviously, there's also more human-ish people too. "There's some clear demarcations about what parts are more dangerous so just avoid those."
    Chidi breathes a sigh of relief, once sufficiently reassured. His light beer arrives and he takes a sip. "Well, yes, I'm from Earth, although I hear what's considered 'Earth' here doesn't contain people with abilities and a wide variety of sclerae colours. See mine? It's pinkish because I was born this way. Of course, compared to catpeople or living robots, that's pretty tame by comparison." However, he's intrigued by what she's saying. "Anything I can imagine, huh? I suppose here that means good demons and bad angels exist." He laughs at the absurdity, though he's not sure if that's more or less absurd than a city being named 'Inside'. "So, what parts are dangerous? I wouldn't mind seeing your city, either, as long as I get to take in some new sights."

He pulls out a futuristic smartphone and does some tapping, then finds what he was looking for. "Also, apparently there's an organization called MERC here, where's that? I could use some work while I'm here."
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #204

Meanwhile, in Marin's home Earth, catgirls is a perfectly normal thing and they're considered basically human.

...just, with, y'know, cat ears and cat tail.

What parts are dangerous? "I dunno, there's just certain neighborhoods that always seem to have all the zombie outbreaks or cultists or alien invasions or whatever," she says. Again, she's not from Inside so she's already given as many specifics as she can.

"Yeah, MERC, I know that place," she says

She digs through her purse for a map; she has one that shows all the train lines and puts it on the counter. "They don't have any offices in this city because of reasons," she says, "but there's offices over here in Riverside's Westside, and here in Skyside, and you can get there by catching a bus just down that way," she points in a direction and then down at the map again, "and then taking this train you'll get to Skyside and this one to Westside."

She marks them on the map.

And then, makes a third marking away from the cities, down a different line that goes northward into a cold area. "If you take this train, you'll get to their main headquarters if you want to apply for membership, but either of the offices will work fine for getting a license with them, which allows for discounts and stuff at certain establishments."

In fact, Marin is using her own MERC membership license here at Trog's for the discount.

She slides the drawn-on transport map to him, in case he wants to take it to find the offices or headquarters.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-03-12 at 07:29 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

Meanwhile, in Marin's home Earth, catgirls is a perfectly normal thing and they're considered basically human.

...just, with, y'know, cat ears and cat tail.

What parts are dangerous? "I dunno, there's just certain neighborhoods that always seem to have all the zombie outbreaks or cultists or alien invasions or whatever," she says. Again, she's not from Inside so she's already given as many specifics as she can.

"Yeah, MERC, I know that place," she says

She digs through her purse for a map; she has one that shows all the train lines and puts it on the counter. "They don't have any offices in this city because of reasons," she says, "but there's offices over here in Riverside's Westside, and here in Skyside, and you can get there by catching a bus just down that way," she points in a direction and then down at the map again, "and then taking this train you'll get to Skyside and this one to Westside."

She marks them on the map.

And then, makes a third marking away from the cities, down a different line that goes northward into a cold area. "If you take this train, you'll get to their main headquarters if you want to apply for membership, but either of the offices will work fine for getting a license with them, which allows for discounts and stuff at certain establishments."

In fact, Marin is using her own MERC membership license here at Trog's for the discount.

She slides the drawn-on transport map to him, in case he wants to take it to find the offices or headquarters.
    Chidi takes the map from her, takes a picture of it and returns it to her, of course after listening attentively and nodding at points. "You seem to know quite a bit about MERC. You do jobs for them, too? What's the difference between a license and a full-on membership?" He asks, already thinking the latter might suit him. Still, can't go making decisions without getting the full scope of things.

Ah, right, keeping an eye on Dyta Inoue, also known as Svetlana. The Colonel should be taking care of that, seeing as she personally knows the former figure-skating champion, but it wouldn't hurt to help out a bit. "Out of curiosity, how close is MERC to VIGIL?" Besides, according to the briefing, this VIGIL works against AMEN, an association his target (Shuyoru) no doubt would work with at some point, if he hasn't already.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-03-17 at 08:15 AM.
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #206

"I'm a, uh," what's the word for it? "legacy member, I suppose. I was a member of it before it even became known as MERC and became a mercenary operation. They still recognize my membership, and I occasionally have done small minor things but that's about it like fixing equipment or borrowing their lab equipment and stuff like that."

"A member has access to certain jobs and benefits that a licensee doesn't, but if you're going to become a member you have to go to their headquarters." That's...about it, for all practical purposes.

"I'm not really sure where Vigil is," she says. "If you ask around, I'm sure somebody will be able to tell you. You should be able to get from one ot the other by train, though."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm a, uh," what's the word for it? "legacy member, I suppose. I was a member of it before it even became known as MERC and became a mercenary operation. They still recognize my membership, and I occasionally have done small minor things but that's about it like fixing equipment or borrowing their lab equipment and stuff like that."

"A member has access to certain jobs and benefits that a licensee doesn't, but if you're going to become a member you have to go to their headquarters." That's...about it, for all practical purposes.

"I'm not really sure where Vigil is," she says. "If you ask around, I'm sure somebody will be able to tell you. You should be able to get from one ot the other by train, though."
    Chidi nods in understanding, drinking half of his glass, since it's only light beer. "This world looks like a geek's dream... yeah, being a member might suit me just fine." Studying his copy of the map more thoroughly, he hums to himself and nods. "I'll make my way there, now. Thanks, Marin." Drinking the rest of his beer, he flashes a friendly smile at the catgirl. "It was... illuminating... meeting you. I mean that in a good way."

His eyes drift to her ears, and it's clear he's imagining how they'd feel like. For a moment, it looks like he'll throw all social graces to the wind and reach forward for a feel, but a trained Special Forces soldier has better control of himself than that! Thus, he merely averts his gaze rather quickly, and clears his throat. "Ahem... I-I should go. See you around, when I get used to... all of this." Which really means 'see you around when I can hang out with you without the urge to touch those cat ears', for one.

With a final smile and a wave, he departs the bar.
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "I am with AMEN." C4 admits. "It's complicated, but currently I have no choice then stay. That's what this mask is about anyways."

He sights. This hasn't been a good talk so far. Not that he is mad someone found out, but he is still not clear how this might effect things.

"AMEN was at a bad shape before the Riverside attack. No suprise I guess, but at that moment the demons arrived at the door all with their mighty battleship? Battelcity? Something larg and slow moving. They requested to team up with AMEN, but with such a force at the door and near no defence AMEn could just give in. After that things were silent and I say AMEn has recovered enougth to treat those demons as enemies."
    "Listen, guy, this isn't gonna fly. Even if you were 'forced' to help them in Riverside, and now you aren't. It's the Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious. Not really a bunch of people you wanna associate with. I don't fully understand what they're up to, or what the hell they want, but maybe you can enlighten me. More importantly, what's keeping you from leaving? Can I help?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

As a first-time guest to the Nexus, Ashen Tiger With Ruby Teeth arrived to the tavern quietly, letting his presence speak for itself. That presence was a tall man, with skin like pale, faded brass, and a blue-purple tinged hair that spilled down to his waist. Not even dressed in loose-fitting pants with an open jacket and flowing scarf. He wasn't even trying to hide the geometric patterns tattooed into his skin in gleaming silver ink, that there was an egg-sized gemstone set into his collarbone, or that his teeth had a distinctly carnivorous bent to them, but this didn't seem like a place where he would stand out nearly as much as usual.

He carried himself like a great cat, every step having an air of authority as he approached to bar and took a seat. As much as he would enjoy a chance to hunt his own meals, he was desperately in need of a drink, and those did not, unfortunately, roam in herds.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

30. - Top - End - #210

"New person!"

Was the tavern's barmaid standing next to Tiger's table the whole time?

Hadn't she been over there behind the counter working on mixing some drinks for triton, dragonborn, dwarf, and timid looking human who had just come in? Or in that private booth with that lady who wanted to ask her some questions? Or trying to get some more information on a sick dryad from that weird dude with way too many crows?

Is she still over there?

...theres?

Or... was over there?

The precise temporal relationship is a bit fuzzy.

Regardless of how causality might be protesting, Zee is now here but maybe also over there several minutes ago probably try not to think about it too hard.

"Howdy!" Zee says, her tone an effervescent fizz of positivity and cheer. "Welcome to Trog's Tavern! I haven't ever seen you around before, so you must be NEW! Really new. Like actually really truly honestly one hundred percent new! Which means the first drink is on the house! What can I get for you today?"

Zee's a remarkably unremarkable looking human which is in and of itself a pretty unusual thing given how exotic the population of the Nexus tends to be. She has a slightly tan complex, raven black hair, blue eyes, and a tallish athletic build. Her attire is a bit on the modern side in terms of appearance, with a notable Trog's Tavern apron along with a little tag with her name on it. Aside from the causal anomalies which are totally not a thing that's happening there doesn't seem to be annoying out of the ordinary here. No oddly colored glowing eyes, no tattoos, no animal features, no sapient weapons, no shimmering aura, no unusually colored hair.

Just a normal typical bar maid.

You suspect nothing.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.