New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monsters/locations for "Candy L

Cotton Candy Cloud. Basically a spell that lets you turn sugar into a big cloud of cotton candy that slows enemies down. The more sugar you have, the bigger the cloud.

Dual Candy Cane Choke- You hook someones neck with 2 candycanes, requires a touch attack.

Sugar high-Basically haste, except for it inflicts the too much sugar condition.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monsters/locations for "Candy L

A bit scary ,but this IS supposed to be adventuring... vital reference work:
    Sugar Bits

Edit: The story-line has currently moved out of the land of sweets, so make sure you start back at the beginning instead.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2009-07-04 at 07:06 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frigs View Post
    How about a plane of Savory?

That makes sense. Kinda.

Anyway, more Thoughts:

Candy Corn Vampires: +1
    Marshmellow: Fives damage resistence, but is spongy and takes a reduction from damage on all weapons except bludgeoning?
    Chocolate: Like good old fashioned everyday terrestial steel, except tasty and possible a spell component.
    Pastry: Skip it, Not Candy like.
    Hard Candy: Bonus to Damage Reduction, High hardness

A staff of Candy Transmuting? Like the "Everything I touch Turns to Skittles" commercial?
    Wouldn't Marshmallows resist Bludgeoning the best out of anything, though? 'cause they're spongy.
    Hard Candy... only high hardness if it's magic, but I'm guessing that we assume this is all magical. Only makes sense.

Re: Sugar Bits.
    YES. Only in chapter 1, but this looks like just the kind of thing we're looking for.

Which reminds me:

Gingerbread Men: Fasterst out of all the candy creatures (run run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me...). Player race, perhaps?

Edit: Waiiit. Is that a GaoGaiGar reference?
    Last edited by Enlong; 2008-11-23 at 12:50 AM.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    Gingerbread Men: Fasterst out of all the candy creatures (run run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me...). Player race, perhaps?
    I came across a second ed version of a gingerbreade golem a few years ago. It was called a cookie golem and actully came in multiple flavours, so they would shout things like, "Run, run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me! I'm the chocolate chip man!"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

What if... Gingerbread Men were humanoids, due to the fact that this is a plane so they would be born, not built!!! And they could be a PC race!

PC Race Ideas:

Gingerbread Men
    M&M People (You've seen the commercial or the wrapper at least once)
    Licorice men
    More Coming Soon

Also, there could be plants growing like... Swedish Berries! Candy Corn!etc.

Hope this helps
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, is this project still going? I figure with the new food-based Monster Creation Contest, we should be able to get a number of candy creatures.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

7. - Top - End - #37

Thank you all for the great ideas so far.

Although my campaign fell apart due to a player (hence why I hadn't gotten back to this until now) I have printed everything so far and added it to my binder. Hopefully I will be able to work out most of the suggestions here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also made myself a cherry candy ooze/Ragnarok poring:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is my attempt at making the Devil Poring/Devil Candy Ooze which I mentioned earlier:

Spoiler
    Show

DEVIL CANDY
    The ooze before you is slightly larger then a cat. Roughly ovoid in shape, it possesses a deep translucent violet coloration and gives off a sharp, yet very pleasant, scent of plums. It has a proportionally sized pair of little bat wings, and a long forked tail, all colored a deep cherry red.

Candy Oozes can form simple faces if they choose. They alter their ooze structure, and darken certain areas to form two cute button-like eyes and an adorable little mouth. They can see through the eyes they form (although they retain the Blindsight ability), and can use their mouths to manipulate objects as any other creature could.

Devil Candy Oozes/Devil Porings are not as harmless as their candy ooze/poring relatives, for they have a small taint of evil within their cute little exteriors. These creatures are believed to have come into being when a rift opened between Candy Land and one of the evil aligned Outer Planes.

Although not outright cruel, Devil Oozes do enjoy playing pranks and tricks on those who visit the Elemental Plane of Candy, while some of the meaner ones enjoy louring said creatures into deadly traps or encounters with deadlier creatures of the plane.

Unlike most oozes, a devil ooze/devil poring is quite intelligent. Although they are too intelligent to be tamed like their dumber cousins, it is possible to take them as familiars, and it is not unheard of for one to bond with another creatures and accompany it on it's journeys. However, devil candies/devil porings still enjoy having their "fun" even when in the company of other creatures, so they usually end up being a handful for their caregivers. When taken as a familiar or following an individual who has sparked it's interest, they quite enjoy being petted, and can form close companionships.

A devil candy/devil poring speaks Glucose (the native language of the Elemental Plane of Candy), Abyssal, and Infernal.

COMBAT
    A devil candy will always retreat from battle if it feels it can't win. They’re surprisingly tough, sometimes able to ignore multiple blows before finally escaping. They can also use their tiny wings to fly away, or pounce from above on unsuspecting targets.

Acid (Ex): A devil candy’s acid bypasses hardness and damage reduction as if it were adamantine. Unlike it's cousins a devil candy's acid does affect inorganic materials, such as rock or metal, although it can suppress this at will as a free action without ever needing a concentration check under any conditions. A devil candy can cause its acid to become inert at will, dealing no damage to organic creatures.

Intelligent: A devil candy/devil poring loses the benefits of the Mindless trait common to oozes.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 14, initial damage sleep for 1 minute, secondary damage sleep for 1d3 hours. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus. This is treated as the devil poring's secondary natural weapon.

Smite Good (Su): Once per day the creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against a good foe.

Spell-Like Abilities:
    Darkness 3/day (CL 6, No Save), 1/day Desecrate (CL 6, No Save), 1/day Unholy blight (CL 6, Will partial, DC 17).

{table] |Devil Candy/Devil Poring
    |Small Outsider (Augmented Ooze)
    Hit Dice: |6d10 (5 HD/level +5 Con/level = 60hp)
    Initiative: |+2
    Speed: |20 ft (2 squares), climb 20 ft, fly 20ft (good maneuverability.
    Armor Class: |11 (+1 size, -1 Dex, +1 Nat), touch 11, flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/ Grapple: |+4/ -7
    Attack: |Bite +5 (1d4+1 Plus 2d6 acid), or Slam +5 melee (1d4+1 plus 2d6 acid), or Tail Sting +5 melee (1d4+1 plus poison)
    Full Attack: |Bite +5 (1d4+1 Plus 2d6 acid), and Slam +3 melee (1d4+1 plus 2d6 acid), and Tail Sting +3 melee (1d4+1 plus poison)
    Space/ Reach: |5 ft./ 5 ft.
    Special Attacks: |Acid, Poison
    Special Qualities: | Blindsight 30 ft, Darkvision out to 60 feet, Immunity to poison, Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10, A half-fiend’s natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, Spell resistance 16.
    Saves: |Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2
    Abilities: |Str 12, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Skills: | Bluff +11, Craft: (Trapmaking) +11, Hide +14, Knowledge: (geography) +11, Listen +9, Move Silently +11, Search +9, Sense Motive +11, Slight of Hand (with tail) +11, Spot +9, Survival +9
    Feats: |Weapon Finesse (B), Multiattack, Improved Maneuverability.
    Environment: | Any Candy
    Organization: |Solitary, Pairs (2), Group (3-8)
    Challenge Rating: | 8???
    Treasure: |None
    Alignment: |Usually Neutral
    Advancement: |Advancement: 7-12 (Medium) and 13-18 (Large).
    [/table]

Notes on how I made it:
    • I took Danu's Cherry Candy Ooze and added 5 Ooze HD.
    • I made it small sized using the rules in the MM1.
    • I raised it's Int score to 12 to reflect it's intelligence. This took away the mindless traits.
    • Raised it's Cha to 14, because they are just so cute...
    • Upped it's acid damage on attacks based on the Black Pudding from the SRD because it was the closest Ooze I saw to the CR I am aiming for.
    • Gave it's tail the poison damage from the pseudodragon, since I wanted to bring focus to it's cool tail.
    • I then added the Half-Fiend template. I did not give it the claw attacks because it does not have hands. Instead I added the creatures acid damage to the bite attack the template gives it.
    • The Half-Fiend template gave it 99 skill points?!
    • I also added the alterations for the candy oozes in my setting which I posted earlier.

What do you guys think?

Can you guys please tell me if you think the CR is appropriate?
    Last edited by newbDM; 2009-02-12 at 08:58 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    Hey, is this project still going? I figure with the new food-based Monster Creation Contest, we should be able to get a number of candy creatures.
    Yes, sorry about that!

With my game ending abruptly I put this to the side for a bit. I plan on starting a new group soon, so I am very interested in completing this.

I am also working on Prinny Land at the moment.

edit:
    Is it too late for that contest?
    Last edited by newbDM; 2008-12-09 at 02:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Entry deadlines for both contests is the 20th I beleive... they really should ofset them IMHO... but since this is the first time I have STATED that opinion, I can hardly hold it against them for not listening to me...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Just to add my 2 cents...

If you are making an ooze and its type changes because of a template, it should change it. If it still has some remnants of its original type, then it should gain the Augmented subtype. Frankly, this strikes me that it should be an Outsider (Augmented Ooze).

Advancement: 7-12 (Medium) and 13-18 (Large). Creatures usually advance by one size category every time they double their HD.

Now that it has sentience, what languages does it speak? Infernal should be obvious but it should be able to speak 4 languages due to its Intelligence.

Debby

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Just to add my 2 cents...

If you are making an ooze and its type changes because of a template, it should change it. If it still has some remnants of its original type, then it should gain the Augmented subtype. Frankly, this strikes me that it should be an Outsider (Augmented Ooze).
    Corrected. Thank you!

Advancement: 7-12 (Medium) and 13-18 (Large). Creatures usually advance by one size category every time they double their HD.
    Added. Once again, thanks.

And that is great information to know. I will try my best to memorize it.

Now that it has sentience, what languages does it speak? Infernal should be obvious but it should be able to speak 4 languages due to its Intelligence.

Debby
    I added that to the description (was that the wrong place?).

I could not think of a 4th language that fit, and common is a dead language in my multiverse, so it is rarely used.

Also, how was I supposed to increase the acid damage? I just looked at another ooze of around that CR and copied it. I did the same with the tail sting...

12. - Top - End - #42

First let me say sorry for getting back to/posting in this thread for so long. Due to classes semester ending I was forces to put things on hold, but I have been working on these (and others) on and off for at least three weeks. Since I now have a small vacation from I am spending most of it finially finish my campaign multiverse's website, and I have spent the last three days day-and-night just reading over my new copy of Deities & Demigods while trying to stat these out (plus one other actual deity). Been working on Queen Frostine and Princess Lolly OCD like the last two days and night (but I am quite please so far ). Once I finish Queen Frostine I plan to finish filling in and updating the rest of the dieties and pantheons.

I am also simultaneous working on my Prinny Land, and some other projects, so my attentions and time are divide. Sorry again!

First off, info on how I want the archomentals to work in my cosmology (because I changed a few things, like having domains):
    Archomentals

Archomentals are powerful exemplary beings of the Elemental Planes and the rulers of the elementals. Although most are not truly rulers of their planes, archomentals like to consider themselves as much and often grant themselves regal titles like Prince or Princess. They are comparable to the archfiends or celestial paragons, and most are equivalent to quasi-level deities. In addition, archomentals are able to bestow upon those who worship them the domain of the element they hold power over (Air, Candy, Cold, Earth, Fire, Plant [for Wood], Pleasure [for Lust] [BoEF], Slime [for Ooze], or Water), and the domain of their chosen alignment (Evil or Good).

As other semi-divine beings, it is possible for archomentals to advance in divine rank through worshipers, or other means.

Evil Archomentals:

The evil archomentals are collectively known as the Princes of Elemental Evil. The seven most famous are:
    • Chlimbia, prince of magma creatures. In The Inner Planes (TSR, 1998) he is described as evil tyrant. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Earth, Fire)
    • Cryonax, prince of evil cold creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Cold, Evil)
    • Imix, prince of evil fire creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Evil, Fire)
    • Lord Licorice, self-proclaimed duke of evil candy creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Candy, Evil)(See Other Deities & Powers below.)
    • Ogrémoch, prince of evil earth creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Earth, Evil)
    • Olhydra, princess of evil water creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Evil, Water)
    • Yan-C-Bin, prince of evil air creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Air, Evil)

Good Archomentals:

The good archomentals are collectively known as the Elemental Princes of Good. The six most famous are:

• Ben-Hadar, prince of good water creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Good, Water)
    • Chan, princess of good air creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Air, Good)
    • Entemoch and Sunnis, prince and princess of good earth creatures. (Divine Rank(s): 0)(Domains: Earth, Good)
    • Princess Lolly, princess of good candy creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Candy, Dream, Good)(See Other Deities & Powers below.)
    • Queen Frostine, queen of good candy creatures. (Divine Rank: 3)(Domains: Candy, Good)(See Other Deities & Powers below.)
    • Zaaman Rul, prince of good fire creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Fire, Good)

Archomentals of Uncertain Alignment:

Two other archomentals are mentioned in Manual of the Planes (TSR, 1987). Only their names and planes are given; it is unknown if they are evil or good.

• Bwimb, prince of ooze creatures. (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Earth, Slime, Water)
    • Ehkahk, prince of smoke creatures from the . (Divine Rank: 0)(Domains: Air, Fire)

The candy archomentals:

Lord Licorice
    Archomental (Neutral Evil) (Divine Rank: 0)

Lord Licorice is the archomental of evil candy elementals. He despises joy and laughter, and schemes endless to overthrow Queen Frostine as the ruler of the Elemental Plane of Candy.

He rules the licorice wastelands of candy land from his own fortified edible city, Licorice Castle. Although tasty, it is gloomy place where laughter and play are forbidden. He is served by the licorice men, a living race of licorice.

Like Queen Frostine and Princess Lolly, Lord Licorice seems more humanoid than candy. He resembles a sly looking elf with a well groomed goatee and cliche villainous mustache. He dresses in extravagant attire, with his entire wardrobe dominated by violets and dark purples.

Although often quite disagreeable, he is in fact a very charismatic individual of great intellect. His wit and sharp tongue are nearly as potent as his ample military prowess.

Portfolio: Evil, conquest, destruction, greed, hatred, war.
    Domains: Candy, Evil.

Clergy Training:
    Lord Licorice has few temples, almost all of which lie within the walls of Licorice Castle. Satellite farming and herding communities of licorice men near Licorice Castle are required to have at least a small chapel built in his name, and small isolated communities scattered around the Elemental Plane of Candy and elsewhere on the multiverse may have small shrines dedicated to him.

Quests:
    Lord Licorice's faithful often take quests to obtain powerful artifacts and magic items to bolster Lord Licorice's legions. The also take up any opportunity to undermine Queen Frostine power, or the stability of her kingdom.

Rites:
    Lord Licorice's clergy perform ceremonies before military battles against Queen Frostine's forces to assure victory. They also perform service over the completion of a new licorice men regiment.

Relationships:
    Lord Licorice is a member of the Princes of Elemental Evils.

He despises Queen Frostine, and is driven by his sole desire to destroy her and gain complete dominion over the Elemental Plane of Candy. He will commit to any alliance which will help him further this goal.

Lord Licorice's Realm:
    Lord Licorice reigns over the licorice wastelands of Candy Land from his walled city Licorice Castle. There he rules over the licorice men and an assortment of other evil candy creatures.

The city is a place without laughter, play, or merriment, for Lord Licorice abhors such things and has long since outlawed them. This has made the city a grim, quiet, and soulless place. All citizens are required to serve in the lord's vast military.

The daily management of the city and it's armed forces are done my the lord's herald, the Black Licorice King.

Strangely Licorice Castle and the licorice wastelands are the only settlement and site which the Candy Road does not pass through.

Herald and Allies:

Lord Licorice's herald is the Black Licorice King, a 12 level aristocrat and 10 level cleric. The Black Licorice King runs Licorice Castle and it's licorice men armies in Lord Licorice's absence, as he is often locked away in his study plotting against Queen Frostine. Although the Black Licorice King seems loyal to Lord Licorice, he makes no secret of his own desire for power, or his quest to become an archomental himself.

Besides his herald and the other Princes of Elemental Evil, Lord Licorice's only known ally of any importance is the demon lord Eblis: Of the Unbended Knee, for the two share a similar mentality and similar uphill battles.

Princess Lolly
    Archomental (Neutral Goof) (Divine Rank: 0)

Princess Lolly is the sole child of Queen Frostine and her herald King Candy. She is considered the patron of innocence and children by many, though she has not reached demigod status like her mother. Aside from the candy elementals, she is also worshipped by the children of other races in Candy Land, and by those who choose not to completely loose their childlike passion or dreams upon reaching adulthood. Recently her worship has begun to spread to the children, and the young at heart, of the Prime Material and other planes.

Like her mother, Princess Lolly seems more humanoid than an archetype of candy. She resembles a blossoming young human girl in her mid years of adolescence. She has inherited her mother's beauty, though she posses a more playful appearance and manner.

While a very proper and well behaved girl in important events and public appearances, once away from her parents' ever watchful eyes she lets her carefree (and often reckless) nature loose. She can often be seen among the common folk playing with the children of Candy Castle.

Some scholars speculate that she nears demi-divine status, for along with the domains of her element and alignment, she has recently obtained the power to grant a third domain to her faithful. It is believed this might be due to her steadily increasing number of petitioners.

Portfolio: Children, dreams, hope, innocence, love, peace.
    Domains: Candy, Dream, Good.

Clergy:
    Although Princess Lolly's temples are few and far between, they often serve the local people by provide free child care for the community. In fact, the temples are decorated and arranged to be able to serve as both gathering halls for prayer service and daycares with minimal rearrangement needed.

Princess Lolly's clergy and temples also care for a treat sick and injured children, and many have arrangement with local governments for permission and/or funding to serve as local orphanages.

Princess Lolly's clergy begin their training as acolytes in charge of caring for their settlement's children at the temple's daycare, as well as raising the orphans left in the temple's care. Those chosen to be elevated to adepts are then trained to care for the sick in the temple's child infirmary.

The clergy of Princess Lolly are also trained in the art of treating dental maladies, for the temples always posses large quantities of candy to give out to well behaved children. Many temples even have small kitchens and shops where they produce all manner of delicious treats, most of which they sell to help fund their order and their charity programs.

Quests:
    Follower of Princess Lolly often go on quests to aid children in need. This can involve rescuing children taken by monsters, obtaining medicine needed for a plague running rampant among the children of a community, or something as simple as helping a child find it's lost pet. Many also go on quests to obtain wealth and medical items in order to aid one of Princess Lolly's temples.

Rites:
    The clergy of Princess Lolly bless new births within a community, and many are trained as delightful entertainers for birthday celebrations.

Relationships:
    Princess Lolly tries to aid her mother as best she can, and strongly dislikes Lord Licorice and the Evil Princes of Elemental Evil.

She is known to be on good terms with the other Elemental Princes of Good.

Princess Lolly's Realm:
    Princess Lolly shares her mother's realm.

Herald and Allies:

Mr. Mint

Princess Lolly's herald is a candy elemental with 20 levels of fighter named Mr. Mint. Mr. Mint serves as her personal body guard, and has become a mentor of sorts to her. Although Princess Lolly is quite fond of Mr. Mint, and sees him as another father figure, she often tries to sneak away from him to go play and have fun.

She is close friends with the young daughter of the king of the sweettooth dwarf clan from the gumdrop mountains, Princess Gimgret.

Queen Frostine
    Archomental of demigod status (Neutral Good) (Divine Rank: 3)

Queen Frostine is an archomental of candy, and is the current ruler of the Elemental Plane of Candy (aka Candy Land). She is a kind and gentle being, though quite capable of doing what is needed in troubled times. She is a powerful force for good within the inner planes, and strongly opposes the Princes of Elemental Evil. She counts herself among the Elemental Princes of Good.

Although an arcotype for candy creatures, Queen Frostine has a very humanoid form, with beautiful light fey-like skin which is warm to the touch, and features similar to that of humans and elves. She is of great physical attractiveness, and is known throughout the multiverse for her unearthly beauty. She is said to rival Malcanthe's beauty, but in the very opposite of ways.

Although pleasing to the eyes, Queen Frostine is even more well known for the sweetness of her personality, and the kindness of her soul. She is elegant and pleasant to be in the company of, and is a kind and caring individual with a passion to help and protect all life, not only those of candy origin. This is one of the reasons her worship has spread to the other planes, and has helped in her rise in divine rank.

Unlike most archomentals, Queen Frostine is acknowledged as the true ruler of her elemental plane by an overwhelming majority of it's inhabitants (with the obvious exception of Lord Licorice and his licorice men), as well as by outside powers. This has been one factor in her ascension to demigod status.

Portfolio: Beauty, candy, community, kindness, peace, protection, royalty.
    Domains: Candy, Charm, Community, Good, Nobility, Protection.

Clergy Training:
    ?????????

Quests:
    ???????

Rites:
    ????

Relationships:
    Queen Forstine's closet allies are the other archoelementals who together form the Elemental Princes of Good. She strongly apposes the Princes of Elemental Evil.

Her greatest rival is Lord Licorice, who constantly tries to usurp her reign over Candy Land. He leads his loyal Licorice Men against her, and has mounted sieges of Castle Candy in the past.

Queen Frostine's Realm:
    Queen Frostine rules over Candy Land from Candy Castle, a walled metropolis sized city located at the very center of the Elemental Plane of Candy. The city, like it's candy inhabitants, is almost entirely built out of the natural materials found on the Elemtnal Plane of Candy. Candy Castle could be described as the dream of every cavity filled child on the Prime Material made real. Gingerbread apartment housing, candy cane public light fixtures, lollipop road signs, and hard candy fountains spewing liquified chocolate are among the first things likely to catch an adventurer's eye as she enter the city for the first time.

At the castle's very center lies another smaller palace. Here is where Queen Frostine, Princess Lolly, and their heralds King Candy and Mr. Mint reside.

The city is surrounded by four massive defensive candy walls, which are at all times being patrolled and monitored. The only entrance into Candy Castle is an enormous gateway at the center of it's southern wall, which possesses a retractable gingerbread drawbridge, and a candy cane portcullis which can be quickly lowered (both of which have been permanently affected by the Candy to Iron spell). Circling around the outer wall is a large moat, which is filled and continually refreshed by an underground river of refreshing blueberry soda.

The city is inhabited by the candy elementals and other creatures from throughout the Elemental Plane of Candy. Even good aligned licorice men are welcomed within the city's walls. Candy Castle is also home to various non-native creatures from across the planes (after promising not to eat their fellow citizens, of course), and is a well known center for trade throughout the multiverse.

Outside the southern gate, starting from where the gingerbread drawbridge ends when lowered, begins the infamous Candy Road. Candy Road is a seemingly endless road made out of various hard candy square tiles laid out in a consistent pattern of red, green, blue, yellow, orange then violet. The road spirals and zigzags across the whole of Candy Land, and is ever growing longer as the Elemental Plane of Candy, like all infinite planes, is ever unrolling and expanding in all directions.

Candy Road passes through all the great sites of the Elemental Plane of Candy, and all it's major settlements. A couple miles before each site or location, there is a sign post embedded into the ground beside the candy tiled road detailing the upcoming location. These posts are made of a candy cane pole with a large jawbreaker at it's top, and a plank of gingerbread carved into the form of a pointing hand on which the location's name is engraved. Strangely, the poles are always pointing in the proper direction, and if the poles are ever altered, eaten, or destroyed they are always mysteriously restored by the time the next travelers come upon it.

In addition, the sign posts only ever point in the direction which will eventually lead to Candy Castle, and there are no sign posts for locations pointing in the opposite direction. So travelers heading in the direction away from Candy Castle will only ever discover sign posts detailing the locations they have just come from, and never any detailing where they are heading.

Herald and Allies:

King Candy

Queen Frostine's herald and consort is a candy elemental with 23 levels of cleric named King Candy However, the title of king is more a sign of respect than his actual pistion of power. King Candy deals with the day-to-day management of Candy Castele and it's people, to allow Queen Frostine to focus on the entire plane, Lord Licorice, and treats from outside foces. He also manages the kingdom's military forces, and upon Queen Frostine's request acts as an ambassador and diplomat for the realm and plane.

Among Queen Frostine's most notable allies are the king of the sweettooth dwarf clan from the gumdrop mountains, and the muchkin (a subrace of gnomes native to the Elemental Plane of Candy) mayor of Munchkin City within the district of OZ.

Can you guy (and gals!) please look these over and tell me what you think? I am still very new to making up and stating deities, so I could use some advice and criticism. I am just glad I had the original Candy Land characters to go off, and the poster who was nice enough to suggest them to me.

Also, can anyone please give me some suggestions for Queen Frostine's Clergy Training, Quests, and Rites? I am currently having a really hard time comeing up with these parts for her. I just can not imagine anythings which will fit properly (or at all) for this unique character. Princess Lolly was much easier for me for some reason (probably because what I wrote fits me for some reason), and Lord Licorice's was simply based on his relationship/rivalry with Queen Frostine.

And can those experienced/skilled with divine magic please help me come up with a Candy Domain? I kind of wrote myself into a corner there. I have next to no experience with divine or arcane magic, so I do not know where to start. I have gotten some great help in my Prinny Land thread with another domain, so I am hoping lightning will strike twice. Or at the very least can someone explain the basics/concept of making your own domain in D&D 3.5, so I can learn from it? Also, there are some great candy spells suggestions in this thread that can be used, as well as the Candy to Iron spell I mentioned in Queen Frostine's entry (I imagined it to simply be a quick conversion of the Wood to Iron spell I believe is in the PHB).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Notes:
    • Thank you whoever it was that give me the suggestion of Queen Frostine ruling the Elemental Plane of Candy! I love it like you would not believe.
    • starwoof, thank you so much for the licorice men!
    • According to Deities & Demigods archomentals and other beings like the animal lords are equivalent to quasi-deities (Divine Rank of 0).
    • In Deities & Demigods it said that if you had a single overall deity (forgot the term), or only good deities that you could give the demon lords and such domains, or even make them demigods (Divine Rank of 1-5). Or if left as quasi-deities you could give them domains, but limit them in some way. I took this idea and used it for the archomentals (and the demon lords and such, but that is another thread.)
    • Thank you already, just psting and formatting this here I already spotted some serious errors and typing mistakes I made!

edit:
    I am at exactly the two week (14 days) limit for threads, so I believe it is all good.
    Last edited by newbDM; 2009-02-12 at 09:06 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

What are you planning for the sludge ooze, Jolly, or the green monster?

What about the kids?

14. - Top - End - #44

I need some advice. I have recently remembered the Elemental Clerics from Dark Sun, who I believe gained their powers from "powerful elemental".

I got a copy of Dragon #319 from ebay, which arrived yesterday. For those who know, it's a miniature "update"/"Rulebook" for the Dark Sun campaign setting, which has the Elemental Clerics in it.

A few hours ago while reading it I realized that these Elemental Clerics must probably be getting their powers and being saved (when they "Put themselves completely at the mercy of their chosen element") archomentals, so it hit me that they would probably the clerics and servants of the candy archomentals (posted above).

I like this idea, but am having a very hard time trying to figure out how the whole part about putting themselves at the complete mercy of their chosen element like jumping of a cliff (Air), being buried alive (Earth), burning yourself at the stake (Fire), or throwing yourself in a well (Water) in the hopes of getting the "attention" of a "powerful elemental" to save/spare them and chose to give them spells, could be worked for the candy ones. How can someone put themselves "completely at the mercy" of the element of candy?! Anyone know a way to solve this conundrum? Can't think of a thing at the moment myself.

p.s.
    You can learn about the the Elemental Clerics either in Dragon #319, the official Dark Sun website here: http://www.athas.org/products/ds3 (under the Magic section), or in trusty old wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Sun#Priests.

edit:

Also, currently working on some miniatures of the Devil Porings. Been having a hard time getting it right.

Anyone know some good premade wing bits that would work for that small size and "cuteness", since that has been the big problem.
    Last edited by newbDM; 2009-01-20 at 03:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Eat so much candy at once that you should either die of diabetic shock or your stomach explode?

Go for 1 year (locked in a room or intentionally marrooned?) without ingesting anything of nutritional value (only sweets, and nothing like candied apples or the like that have "wholesome" ingredients.)?

Drench self in honey, lock self in 10' room(naked), then break open at least 3 nests of killer bees?

As above, but not starting out drenched in honey, and having to eat all the honey out of 5 normal nests?
    Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Problems with your Devil Candy:

First: Hit Dice aren't d6 but d10 assuming that it uses the original hit dice of the ooze [which is exactly what the augmented subtype allows you to do]. 5.5x6 (33) +5.6(30) = 63 hit points.

Second: The attack line should still reflect secondary attacks as such even if they are the only attack made. This is why they usually aren't listed on that line.

Third: Weapon Finesse doesn't need to be a bonus feat. It should have 3 feats.

Fourth: It is "sleight of hand" not "slight of hand." Speaking of skills--Creatures with a Climb speed automatically have a +8 racial bonus to the Climb skill. Even without any ranks in Climb it has a +9 [+1 for Str].

A creature with a climb speed has a +8 racial bonus on all Climb checks. The creature must make a Climb check to climb any wall or slope with a DC higher than 0, but it always can choose to take 10, even if rushed or threatened while climbing. If a creature with a climb speed chooses an accelerated climb (see above), it moves at double its climb speed (or at its land speed, whichever is slower) and makes a single Climb check at a -5 penalty. Such a creature retains its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) while climbing, and opponents get no special bonus to their attacks against it. It cannot, however, use the run action while climbing.
    Here is the revised table:

{table] |Devil Candy/Devil Poring
    |Small Outsider (Augmented Ooze)
    Hit Dice: |6d10+30 (63 hp)
    Initiative: |+2
    Speed: |20 ft (2 squares), climb 20 ft, fly 20 ft (good maneuverability.
    Armor Class: |11 (+1 size, -1 Dex, +1 Nat), touch 11, flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/ Grapple: |+4/ -7
    Attack: |Bite +5 (1d4+1 Plus 2d6 acid), or Slam +3 melee (1d4+1 plus 2d6 acid), or Tail Sting +3 melee
    Full Attack: |Bite +5 (1d4+1 Plus 2d6 acid), and Slam +3 melee (1d4+1 plus 2d6 acid), and Tail Sting +3 melee (1d4+1 plus poison)
    Space/ Reach: |5 ft./ 5 ft.
    Special Attacks: |Acid, Poison
    Special Qualities: | Blindsight 30 ft, Darkvision out to 60 feet, Immunity to poison, Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10, A half-fiend’s natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, Spell resistance 16.
    Saves: |Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2
    Abilities: |Str 12, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Skills: | Bluff +11, Climb +9, Craft (Trapmaking) +11, Hide +14, Knowledge (Geography) +11, Listen +9, Move Silently +11, Search +9, Sense Motive +11, Sleight of Hand (with tail) +11, Spot +9, Survival +9
    Feats: |Weapon Finesse, Multiattack, Improved Maneuverability.
    Environment: | Any Candy
    Organization: |Solitary, Pairs (2), Group (3-8)
    Challenge Rating: | 8
    Treasure: |None
    Alignment: |Usually Neutral
    Advancement: |Advancement: 7-12 (Medium) and 13-18 (Large).
    [/table]

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2009-01-20 at 10:11 AM. Reason: fixed errors

17. - Top - End - #47

Problems with your Devil Candy:

First: Hit Dice aren't d6 but d10 assuming that it uses the original hit dice of the ooze [which is exactly what the augmented subtype allows you to do]. 5.5x6 (33) +5.6(30) = 63 hit points.

Second: The attack line should still reflect secondary attacks as such even if they are the only attack made. This is why they usually aren't listed on that line.

Third: Weapon Finesse doesn't need to be a bonus feat. It should have 3 feats.

Fourth: It is "sleight of hand" not "slight of hand." Speaking of skills--Creatures with a Climb speed automatically have a +8 racial bonus to the Climb skill. Even without any ranks in Climb it has a +9 [+1 for Str].

Here is the revised table:

<snip>
    Debby

Thank you so much!

I messed up quite a bit there it seems, and yeah, my spelling leaves a lot to be desired. I appreciate you fixing that.

I might just have a game soon, and I might actually be finally able to put this all into use!

I am crossing my fingers and hoping.

In case anyone wants some of the other NPCs from the board game stated, here is another Archomental I have been working on:

Gloppy the Molasses Monster
    Para-Archomental (Neutral) (Divine Rank: 0)

Gloppy, as he is known to the residents of the elemental plane of candy, is a semi-sentient creature of immense power. He hails from the boundary between the elemental plane of candy and the elemental plane of water, a para-elemental plane of sweet syrup and melted sweet confections from the plane of candy known as the Para-Elemental Plane of Molasses.

Gloppy is a difficult entity to describe. He seems to assemble himself from the very semi-liquid substances of his plane, hence why it is also known by other titles such as Gloppy the Chocolate Monster. His preferred form is that of a runny messy glob of the delicious syrupy substance which inhabits his realm. From his central form two arms and crudely shaped hands occasionally sprout. Two creamy-white eyes usually adorn the top of his globular form, which stared into reveal as small trance of possible intelligence.

Gloppy cares little for the conflict between the Princes of Elemental Evil and Elemental Princes of Good. Instead the Princess of good and evil archomentals place it among the other unsided arcomentals [Bwimb: Prince of Ooze Creatures, Chlimbia: Prince of Magma Creatures, and Ehkahk: Prince of Smoke Creatures, although it is not certain whether Gloppy acknowledges this. Out of all the archomentals, Bwimb is the only one he regularly associates with, and the only one who could be considered his ally.

It is debated whether Gloppy can be classified an ooze, or anything at all for that matter. However, the candy oozes of the plane of candy seem to have an instinctual attraction and fondness for this creature, if that accounts for anything.

Portfolio: Candy, water.
    Domains: Candy, Ooze, Water.

Clergy:
    Gloppy posses no known clergy. Whether gloppy has any mortal, or even elemental followers is uncertain. However his quasi-divine power and domains have long since been documented, so at least at some point in the distant past there must have been at least a handful of elemental clerics patroned by it.

Quests:
    It is uncertain what quests this creature would ask of a follower, if any at all.

Rites:
    What rites clergy of a being like Gloppy would have is uncertain, and in fact has become somewhat of a joke among the other archomentals and the sentient residents of candyland.

Relationships:
    Being a truly neutral being Gloppy has never sided with either the Princes of Elemental Evil and Elemental Princes of Good. So far it has shown little interest in planer affairs, and does not even seem concerned about it's own para-elemental plane.

It is occasionally seen in the company of Bwimb, and sightings of both entities have been reported on each others' para-planes, as well as on the Elemental Plane of Water. Whether these beings are allies, or even truly communicate on some level, is uncertain.

Gloppy's Realm:
    Though his dominion over it is not official, or even apparently enforced by the creature, most consider the Para-Elemental Plane of Molasses to be Gloppy's realm.

This para-elemental plane lies in the border between the Elemental Plane of Candy and the Elemental Plane of Water. It resembles bottomless mucky swamp of gooey confections from the plane of candy which have either been water downed or melted by it's proximity to the plane of water. Depending on where you go the where you are the sticky substance beneath your feet can be of numerous substances, such as melted chocolate, molasses, gooey marshmallows, and many others. Sparsely scattered across the plane you can find hammocks of undissolved candy soil, usually with certain verities of deep-rooting plants from the Elemental Plane of Candy growing atop them.

This para-elemental plane is a prime habitat for candied oozes, as well as certain verities of other oozes. There have been reports of para-elementals existing here, but whether these stories is true is uncertain.

Herald and Allies:
    Gloppy has no known Herald. However, it is occasionally spotted in the company of a semi-sentient (Int 9) colossal Black Pudding (of 20HD) which follows it around, and seemingly obeys it's instructions.

Do you guys think Gloppy came out alright, and faithful to the original?

Oh, and can anyone please suggest how I should go about altering an elemental (I am thinking the Hard Candy Elemental on page 1) to a gooey Swamp Thing-like para-elemental?
    Last edited by newbDM; 2009-02-12 at 09:13 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Very nice. I'm not sure if there exists a template that does exactly what you want. That doens't mean much because you can always create one that works specifically for you.

Couldn't Gloppy be served by Quik Rabbit, the Nesquick rabbit?

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Very nice. I'm not sure if there exists a template that does exactly what you want. That doens't mean much because you can always create one that works specifically for you.

Debby
    Isn't there an ooze template in one of the wizards of the coast splatbooks?
    Perhaps you can stick that on one of the candy elementals? Just switch out the acid damage for "candy"/"diabetes damage.

The quik rabbit would be interesting to say the least.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

What? No Sugar Golems? No Gummy Wyrms? What about Rock Candy Trolls? Anyway, no Alliteration? No Cottoncandy Centaurs? or Candycorn Cockatrice?
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ...Despicable.. View Post
    Perhaps you can stick that on one of the candy elementals? Just switch out the acid damage for "candy"/"diabetes damage.

There is the Gelatinous Creature Template (from Savage Species). Applying the template drops a creature's Intelligence to 1 so I'm not sure it is really appropriate unless you tweak the template.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Have you checked out the Netbook of Chocolate yet? There may be some useful things in there for your candy campaign. You can find it here:
    http://dcrouzet.chez-alice.fr/gaming/d20downloads.htm

It's down the page a bit.

Debby

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: This is an old post and, as such, it is against the forum rules to respond to it. If you have comments, then please PM me, or start a new thread with a link in it to this one.

This will be a rather large demographic change if instituted the way I see it... but I really think you will find making the peasants be these things will be well worth it...

Pez-Ant
    Small Monsterous Humanoid (1st level Commoner)
    HD 1d4 (2 hp)
    Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); Climb 20 ft. ; Burrow 5 ft
    Init: +0
    AC 12; touch 11; flat-footed 12
    (+1 Size, +1 Natural)
    BAB +0; Grp -2
    Attack Sickle +2 (1d4+1, x3 critical)
    Full-Attack 4 sickles -2/-6/-6/-6 (1d4+1, x3 critical)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks
    Special Qualities
    Saves Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +1
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Skills Profession(Farmer) +8, Climb +10
    Feats Skill Focus[Profession(Farmer)], EnduraceB
    Environment Any Civilized
    Organization Any
    Challenge Rating 1/2?
    Treasure As per Class and Level
    Alignment Any
    Advancement as Commoner or Expert ONLY Favored Class Commoner

These bipedal insect-like creatures have 4 arms and have a 2 foot long segmented Pez candy for a torso. The legs, arms, and head are that of a giant ant. Pez-Ants comprise 99% of the Commoners in Candy-land. Pez-Ants speak Common.

Skills
    Pez-Ants have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-04-23 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Put in Anti-threadomancy header.
    Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #54

Debby
    That is an awesome idea.

I am not to sure he would fit well into Gluppy's theme/fluff, but I feel he would make an awesome NPC for the plane.

How would you stat him up?

p.s. Didn't an older D&D module have the Nesquick Rabbit as a monster/NPC?

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    What? No Sugar Golems? No Gummy Wyrms? What about Rock Candy Trolls? Anyway, no Alliteration? No Cottoncandy Centaurs? or Candycorn Cockatrice?
    Dude, if I had better skills at stating up creature/monsters, I would do all of those. I recently bought an entire 3rd party d20 book that deals with making monsters, so once I finish reading it hopefully I will be better enough to do those things.

Quote Originally Posted by ...Despicable.. View Post

There is the Gelatinous Creature Template (from Savage Species). Applying the template drops a creature's Intelligence to 1 so I'm not sure it is really appropriate unless you tweak the template.

Debby
    That seems like a very interesting idea.

And why would an int of 1 be a bad idea for an ooze element Debihuman?

It would be easy enough to change any damage to "candy damage", and raise the int score a bit. What int score do you think would be good for these creatures in this para-elemental plane?

Have you checked out the Netbook of Chocolate yet? There may be some useful things in there for your candy campaign. You can find it here:
    http://dcrouzet.chez-alice.fr/gaming/d20downloads.htm

It's down the page a bit.

Debby
    Wow. Thank you for that link!

It is perfect for my needs. It even has chocolate spells, prestige classes, etc.

A great find. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    This will be a rather large demographic change if instituted the way I see it... but I really think you will find making the peasants be these things will be well worth it...

Pez-Ant
    Small Monsterous Humanoid (1st level Commoner)
    HD 1d4 (Average HP)
    Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); Climb 20 ft. ; Burrow 5 ft
    Init: +0
    AC 12; touch 11; flat-footed 12
    (+1 Size, +1 Natural)
    BAB +0; Grp -2
    Attack Sickle +2 (1d4+1, x3 critical)
    Full-Attack 4 sickles -2/-6/-6/-6 (1d4+1, x3 critical)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks
    Special Qualities
    Saves Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +1
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Skills Profession(Farmer) +8, Climb +10
    Feats Skill Focus[Profession(Farmer)], EnduraceB
    Environment Any Civilized
    Organization Any
    Challenge Rating 1/2?
    Treasure As per Class and Level
    Alignment Any
    Advancement as Commoner or Expert ONLY Favored Class Commoner

These bipedal insect-like creatures have 4 arms and have a 2 foot long segmented Pez candy for a torso. The legs, arms, and head are that of a giant ant. Pez-Ants comprise 99% of the Commoners in Candy-land. Pez-Ants speak Common.

Skills
    Pez-Ants have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
    Cool creatures.

I will definitely add them in. I am not sure about making them the bulk population of the plane, though.

And it has me thinking, why not just make a large settlement of Formians?

25. - Top - End - #55

Oh, and what do you guys think of my other Archomentals?

I have been debating them ever since I tried stating them.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by newbDM View Post
    And it has me thinking, why not just make a large settlement of Formians?
    Ok, I could certainly see some ants in this Planar scale sugar jar... but aren't Formorians more termite-like than ant-like?

And they certainly aren't candy themed like these are. Or did you mean slap the physical description (fluff not crunch) I gave in for the formorian workers, modify the others in parallel ways, and go from there?

Because a Pez-Ant Soldier, or taskmaster doesn't strike me as a peasant, and thus loses the whole point of the pun. Pez-Ant queens are right out. Perhaps if you gave different candies to each type of formorian? With only the workers having Pezs involved?
    Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    These bipedal insect-like creatures have 4 arms and have a 2 foot long segmented Pez candy for a torso.
    If you flip their heads back, does the topmost segment of their torso pop off? Because if I were in your campaign and noticed these things, I'd try doing that.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

PERSONALLY I wouldn't have it work that way, but I could see arguments in either direction... maybe they sleep stacked on top of each-other in a single enclosed bed and the lid on top is hinged like that?
    Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

eek Re: [3.5]Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monsters/locations for "Candy L

Nilbog over at WotC, wrote up this version of the Easter Bunny. I'm reposting it here because I think it fits thematically. I'm updating it it a little.

Edit: I changed around the feats and added the missing feat and moved some abilities from special attacks to special qualities. I removed the flaming weapons which don't fit thematically and added the claws, and thrown egg as a projectile weapon. I also added the rotten egg and chocolate egg, which fit themacally. I removed some spell-like abilities because they worked better in egg form. I also limited the exploding egg to once per encounter as it is supposed to be a "last ditch" defense. Last of all, I also updated the Basket of Never Ending Prismatic Eggs a bit.

Easter Bunny
    Medium Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Good)
    Hit Dice: 10d8+20 (65 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 40 ft.
    Armor Class: 18 (+4 Dex, +4 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+12
    Attack: Bite +13 melee (1d6+2) or egg + 14 ranged (1d2 plus blindness)
    Full Attack: Bite +13 melee (1d6+2) and 2 claws +8 melee (1d4+2), or egg + 14 ranged (1d2 plus blindness)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Egg throwing
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., DR 5/magic, mystic eggs, spell-like abilities
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 15, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 14
    Skills: Appraise +13, Bluff +15, Diplomacy +15, Jump +19, Listen +16, Search +14, Sense Motive +14, Spot +16
    Feats: Alertness, Point Blank Shot (eggs), Weapon Focus (bite and claws)
    Environment: Any land and underground
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 6
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always chaotic good
    Advancement: 11-20 HD (Medium), 21-30 HD (Large)
    Level Adjustment: -

An Easter Bunny appears to be a 7-foot-tall bipedal rabbit, carrying a basket of painted chicken eggs over one shoulder.

Easter Bunnies seem to exist to bring joy, cheer, and unpredictability. They give eggs as gifts, then vanish, but the recipients of these eggs seem completely random.

Combat

Easter Bunnies prefer to throw eggs at their enemies from a distance rather than engage in personal combat. They will use their exploding egg if combat goes badly and will then escape using their dimension door ability.

Egg Throwing (Ex): An Easter Bunny can throw an egg up to 60 feet as a standard action. Anyone hit by an egg takes 1d2 points of damage and is blinded until he wipes the goo off [a standard action]. Eyeless creatures are unaffected by the blindness.

Mystic Eggs (Su): An Easter Bunny can create several magical effects with the eggs in its basket. Despite the appearance, the basket is part of the Easter Bunny and cannot be disarmed or otherwise removed.

Chocolate: An Easter Bunny can produce one chocolate egg per round as a free action. When a chocolate egg is eaten (a standard action), the target gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. This is one type of egg an Easter Bunny may give as a gift.

Explosion: Once per encounter, an Easter Bunny can produce an exploding egg. As a last-ditch defense, an Easter Bunny can throw an exploding egg as a standard action. The egg explodes up to 60 feet away in a 10-foot radius burst of flames, dealing 4d8 points of fire damage to anyone within range. These are never given as gifts.

Healing: An Easter Bunny can produce up to two healing eggs per round as a free action. Each egg, when broken (a standard action), heals the breaker as a cure light wounds spell (5th caster level). This is one type of egg the Easter Bunny may give as a gift.

Jewel: An Easter Bunny can produce up to two jewel eggs per round as a free action. A jewel egg is non-magical, but is worth 100 gold pieces. This is one type of egg the Easter Bunny may give as a gift.

Rotten Egg: An Easter Bunny can produce an egg once every 4 rounds that acts as a stinking cloud effect. An Easter Bunny is immune to the stench of his egg and of the egg of any other Easter Bunny. These are never given as gifts.

Spell-like Abilities: At will - dimension door . 3/day - aid. Caster level = 1/2 x HD (5th for a 10-HD Easter Bunny).

Skills: An Easter Bunny has a +4 racial bonus to Jump checks.

This idea comes from ML3 over at EnWorld:

The Basket of Never Ending Prismatic Eggs.

In the hands of any humanoid, the basket provides an unending supply of brightly colored eggs. Any creature eating one of these eggs gains a +1 on all morale checks and heals 1d4 points of damage per egg eaten. The eggs are as nutritious and filling as normal chicken eggs.

In the hands of the Easter Bunny, the eggs can also be used as weapons if necessary. Each egg can be used as if it were a prismatic sphere, each color acheiving a different effect.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2009-03-06 at 11:53 AM. Reason: major revison.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Having just now looked up Formians, I now must conclude that they are much more ant like, than termite like, so reflavoring worker Formians to have the bodies I described for the Pez-Ants, and even the stacked sleeping arrangement I described could work well and Formians, reflavored or not, would be the ants in the sugar-bowl.
    Extended Signature