New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: UPick

1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: UPick

Yeah, that's fair.

DISINTEGRATE: XIHIRLI (I flipped a coin for who should be disintegrated).
    Vote: Book Wombat

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this doesn't actually matter to me right now but I'm super curious how you solved the ciphers if you didn't have a list of role names to start with. (BTW, I was awake and saw those ciphers too, I have "show online status" turned off for exactly that reason. Only decrypted my own though. I should maybe have decrypted the ones for the other wolves too, but it was 2am and mine was just fluff and I figured I could get to it in the morning.)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons, even death may die!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Yeah, that's fair.

DISINTEGRATE: XIHIRLI (I flipped a coin for who should be disintegrated).
    Vote: Book Wombat

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this doesn't actually matter to me right now but I'm super curious how you solved the ciphers if you didn't have a list of role names to start with. (BTW, I was awake and saw those ciphers too, I have "show online status" turned off for exactly that reason. Only decrypted my own though. I should maybe have decrypted the ones for the other wolves too, but it was 2am and mine was just fluff and I figured I could get to it in the morning.)
    I googled "solve vigenere cipher without key", clicked the first link I found, and just pressed the appropriate buttons until a message in English emerged. They were meant as conversation starters, though, so they were all more or less "I know your role name as you can see at this point I know everybody's role names nothing to worry about respond soon please", so none of them had actual content worth mentioning. But I very much appreciated the information advantage.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Unfortunate.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm...tell you what. You've been put in a **** situation where everything goes wrong. Let's throw you a bone.

Book Wombat. Now it's 2-2...and the way ties are handled, you're still the one who's gonna die. Only chance at this point is if one of the others changes their vote. If BW votes themselves for some strange reason, the game goes on with you me and Xihirli. If Xihirli votes BW to save you for the lulz (even though you tried to kill her), the game goes on with you me and Xihirli. And if neither of those happens, game's over and I win. Sure maybe this is me snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but I'll always have won in my heart, and this would play out more interestingly, at least to me.

EDIT: Agh, no, I'm an idiot, I should be trying to win. Slightly boring townie ending coming up...
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-25 at 11:31 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The sad thing is I was actually thinking earlier that I might prefer to disintegrate BW, in case Xi had some relevant poem power. I just forgot when I was actually putting in the disintegrate.

Oh well, still got way closer than I was expecting to when Apogee died...
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground

Phew, got lucky with that coin.
    Fun game.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

8. - Top - End - #308

WolfInSheepsClothing

Day 3 End

Xihirli voted ELENNA
    Elenna voted BOOK WOMBAT
    Book Wombat voted ELENNA

Elenna recieved 3 votes.
    Book Wombat recieved 1 vote.

Elenna died today. She was executed. Elenna's role was Nico Di Angelo.

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger
    Elenna, you are Nico de Angelo, a member of the MAFIA.

You win when only MAFIA members remain, or nothing can prevent this from happening, even if you are dead.

You have two powers. Use of one does not limit the use of the other:

Last Rites (Priority X): Once ever per member of the TOWN, you can use one of their powers so long as they are dead. Priority is the same as the priority of the ability in question. You can activate a DAY ability, but they tend to require a public declaration, so be careful!

Abilities that give you new abilities temporarily or permanently can’t be copied, but the abilities gained in this way can be.

Declaration in Bone (Priority 4): You may perform the MAFIA FACTIONAL KILL during the NIGHT. Only one member of the MAFIA may perform this kill each night. The target will be reported as having been buried under a pile of bones.
    NIGHT 3 START

9. - Top - End - #309

Oh gods, what is this. Nononononono. Welp. I'm not going to survive this am I?
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons, even death may die!
    Aha! I win!
    Wait, is the game over?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Aha! I win!
    Wait, is the game over?
    It doesn't appear to be over. I wonder who's holding things up, Xihirli.

This ends tomorrow at dawn.

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, AV. You caught me. Our secret plan was for every other member of Mafia to Target me specifically just before they died including kill powers because what else were we gonna use them on? Winning?
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not assuming you're a fourth wolf, I'm assuming you're a neutral whose win condition is incompatible with one of ours. That's why you've just been coasting under the radar instead of participating.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Feels like a lot of projection there, Serial Killer. So, gameplan's to Disintegrate me tomorrow so it's just you and Book Wombat, and your win con's inevitable?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Feels like a lot of projection there, Serial Killer. So, gameplan's to Disintegrate me tomorrow so it's just you and Book Wombat, and your win con's inevitable?
    Plan is to disintegrate you and leave cuz I'm just so done with this game. I won this for town through hard work and honesty while you just ****in sat there. And you non-town ****ers keeping moving the goalpost further back just by existing.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

AV, I play these games to have fun. Are you okay? I've never intended to go after your feelings, and hope that neither one of us takes each other's in-game accusations personally.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

AV, I play these games to have fun. Are you okay? I've never intended to go after your feelings, and hope that neither one of us takes each other's in-game accusations personally.
    I play these games for fun too. It's just frequently...frustrating. It sucks that nobody trusts me no matter what I do. In one game, I catch wolves up so bad with a subtle vote strikethrough that a single day ruins everything for wolf game going forward. In more than a few games, I set up massive town networks right from the start, handing town the keys to victory, and the very next game I get lynched day one on principle. This game, on D2, two wolves died as direct consequences of my personal actions, and still, and still, I'm suspected, for the crime of being completely transparent with town.

And now, even though I've now caught a third wolf, even though it turns out my initial gut feelings about both Captain Cap and Elenna were 100% correct, even though an actual serial killer would've coasted under the radar and hidden their kill until an opportune moment in the endgame, the sole remaining townie is gonna get paranoid and lynch me tomorrow and seal their own fate. And depending on vote order, I might well have to choose between stabbing them in the back to win or shooting myself in the foot so that town wins like I've always wanted them to. And even if I betray them, it might turn out to be useless because your win condition is incompatible with mine, and one of your hidden powers that you've never made mechanical claims about is a Beast that gets around my protection, or vote manipulation, or some other nonsense.

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

I'm town, AV. I don't have a secret win-con, I just used the last of my protection, and I'm just trying to win the game for my team. Maybe I'm not doing it well. Maybe you're playing me right now I'm incapable of telling with that sort of thing.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

I'm in a bad headspace to deal with this. It's all just getting to me I guess. Current mood is that I'm just gonna trust my gut (the way I should have with Cap), and kill you in the morning. I've been right about every other person to suspect so far this game, and my only screw-up is when I doubted myself.

Maybe I'll do some ISOs later to prepare for D4 or something.

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Perfectly fine. Kill me to win the game because you suspect me, cool. That's what the game is. Cursing me out? I would hope you'd at least reach out to me about what I'm doing to upset you first.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321

WolfInSheepsClothing

Night 3 End

The church bell sounds, a monotonous tone, again, and again, and again...

*Bong*

"Hear ye! Hear ye!"

*Bong*

"Hear ye! Dead Poet Society Member seen visiting... hey, wait a minute..."

*Bong*

Another voice echoes out. "You're not looking on my works yet, ye mighty. And you're definitely not despairing."

*Bong*

"You. It was you! You're the villain!"

*Bong*

"I don't know what you're talking about. You're the villain. I mean, I know I always SEEM like the villain, but come on."

*Bong*

"If I were the villain, why would I be doing a public service?"

*BONG*

"I don't know. Maybe it's just you trying to mislead us. Clearly, there's only one way to remove your influences.

*BONG*

"You're bluffing. You didn't even bring a weapon."

*BONG*

"Oh, but isn't the pen supposed to be mightier than the sword?"

*BONG*

"What, you want a duel of words? Or is it sharpened quills at dawn?"

*BONG*

"Oh no. I have a better idea. A far better idea."

*BONG*

The reporter turned, but he was too late to dodge out of the way. The bell, coming loose from its frame, crushed him underneath as it fell from its post, and then came to rest at the foot of the poet.

"And therefore, never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
    It tolls for thee."

Book Wombat died tonight. He died from being hit by a bell. Book Wombat's role was Anonymous Reporter.

*Clap*
    *Clap*
    *Clap*

"Oh, bravo, bravo! Quite a show you put on for us there, little villainess!"
    "I'm not the villainess. You can trust me on this one."
    "Oh, but aren't you the villainess all the time?"
    "I suppose. But I'm not the only villain this world knows."
    "Of course. But I'll be the last you'll ever know."

Xihirli died today. She died during the endgame. Xihirli's role was Dead Poet Society Member.

(More details shortly).

- - - Updated - - -

Book Wombat, you are the Anonymous Reporter, a member of the TOWN.
    You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of the town survives, even if that isn’t you.

You have one ability:
    Report (Priority 5): You can target a person to see who they targeted last night. This information is posted publicly the next morning and you cannot choose whether or not to publish it. This ability’s late priority means you must survive the night to publish your results.
    Xihirli, you are the Dead Poet Society Member, a member of the TOWN.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of the town survives, even if that isn’t you.

You have three abilities. You can only use one each NIGHT, and if the ability successfully works (resulting in a poem being posted publicly), you can never use that ability again.

Shattered Visage (Priority 5): Each NIGHT, you can use this ability. The following text will be appended to the next morning’s announcement:

“And on the pedestal, these words appear:
    MY NAME IS XIHIRLI, QUEEN OF QUEENS
    LOOK ON MY WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR.”

This text does nothing but confuse people.

Immortal Couplet (Priority 2): You can use this ability each NIGHT to protect a target from being killed the same NIGHT or the next DAY, except by the execution vote. If they would die, instead the following is posted publicly:

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons, even death may die!”

This text does nothing but tell people something weird is going on.

Entire of Itself (Priority 4): Each NIGHT, you can attempt to kill someone. If the kill isn’t blocked, the following is appended to the morning’s announcement:

“And therefore, never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
    It tolls for NAME”

Where NAME is the name of the person killed. They will also be reported to have died from being hit by a bell.
    AvatarVecna, you are Eidolon, the SERIAL KILLER.

You win when everyone else is dead, or about to be, as long as you survive.

You have four powers. Use of one does not interfere with the use of the others except as specified below.

Vance, Eat Your Heart Out (Day or Priority 2): You can replace a power at any time you can use it by putting REROLL: DAY, REROLL: NIGHT or REROLL: PASSIVE at the appropriate time – day, night or night, respectively – in your quicktopic (unlike a normal day ability, you do not have to announce your REROLL: DAY publicly). You can’t use a power and reroll it on the same day or night (and your passive won’t work on the same night that it’s swapped out, though it will work the previous and following day). You can reroll your NIGHT and PASSIVE abilities the same night if you like.

You haven’t a damn clue what new powers your shard will give you. Good luck!

Matter Destruction (Day): Once per DAY, you can type “DISINTEGRATE: NAME” publicly to kill a target immediately. The target will be reported as having been disintegrated. Oh, and everyone will know that a neutral did it, so be prepared for some backlash.

Energy Drain (Passive): You are immune to kills except for the daily execution.

Detection (Priority 3): Each night, you can choose a target and get their character name and ability names.
    My notes.
    Dead chat.

People can post their own chats here if they wish. Good showing, everyone.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: I spent too much time on this not to post it
    Show
    Spoiler: Xihirli ISO
    Show
    Your words ring true;
    Our choice is nigh.
    Time has come to
    Choose who'll die.

We have numbers and we've will.
    The cookie thieves we must combat.
    And whom today will we kill?
    May I suggest BookWombat?
    Third vote on a wagon really shortly into D1. Felt weird then, feels weird now. Null besides that, basically pure RP.

No, you're right. I shouldn't decide my votes by how easily I can make a rhyme about them. Unstriking vote. Let's kill Vecna instead.

But I do promise to put up a sonnet-style iambic pentameter post later today.

Anyway, apparently "mass murderer" and "person who kills a lot of people" are too similar so I had to scrap one. But being a poet is a close second.

After all: Art is making people feel. And hey, maybe that feeling you wanted them to feel is death.
    Null, Xihirli being herself.

They're vaguely alluding to their role and nudging us in the direction of revealing our roles when that hurts town?
    Context:

1) totadile is doing their D1 stuff
    2) Apogee implies good reason to distrust totadile.
    3) Xihirli immediately answers that question with their guess at the reason.
    4) Apogee says that wasn't their original reason but is also true.

It's not great distancing, but it's an easy way to make it look like town consensus is against totadile. That said, with how things have shaken out, it doesn't make sense for Xihirli to be a 4th wolf, so this looks worse in hindsight than it really is. At worst, Xihirli is a neutral who happened to also have a reason to not want town trusting totadile.

Aw man! And "helpful" was the vibe I was going for, too!
    Null.

Seize the Carp

Trust, a highly expensive commodity
    As all around us is jade betrayal
    ’Twill I be afforded it? Me, an oddity?
    B’fore all bodies sallow, all faces pale?

Seize the day, my professor demanded.
    In Roman Latin, the language of trash.
    Something he learned, and you ought understand is:
    Drive me down, we all crash.

Wriggling on hooks, beating on sand
    Seized, pierced, and dragged roughly
    To be gutted on land
    As we turn on each other, as we cross our arms toughly:

Tell father tell mother tell sister tell bookie
    We lay our lives down for this stolen cookie.
    Null, pure RP.

I am a "she," not a "they." For future reference.

Totadile has given us a LOT of info regardless of whether or not anything said so far is true. Too many power roles out there that could conceivably see that Tot's lying. That means that Tot's probably town and so every power role's gonna be looking at em, if only for networking. As such I'm happy leaving my vote where it is and town-leaning Dile.
    Xihirli sticking up for totadile here feels good. It's an obvious point to bring up, but a wolf could (and did) make a reasonable argument against trusting totadile, Xihirli could've done the same and didn't. Could be distancing, but I'm inclined to give townie points for this.

Hmm.
    Specifically how do you know AV's a dayvig, totadile? What was said to you?
    Because my powers are one shot and done, but AV seems to be claiming a power that they can use every day.
    I'm gonna call this null. It'd be easy to say "Xihirli is calling out the helpful townie and helpful neutral", but at the time, there was no proof of our abilities or suspicions, so this looks worse in hindsight than it really was.

No, I’m not interested in revealing my role at this time. But I’d love to know why Apogee targeted me and for what purpose.
    Pseudolynch vote on Apogee1 for targeting me under mysterious circumstances.
    Could've been distancing at the time, but no way it's distancing with the way things have gone.

This does seem like a LOT of power for a townie. Enough power for me to suspect wolf or neutral.

I mean come on. Seer+vig in one. Color me suspicious and I would like it on record that I wanted to kill AV on day one.
    Given that we now know Xihirli also has 3+ powers (the way I do, and the way no townie has), this hits different. At the time it was a reasonable suspicion but now...I could see this as an SK casting doubt on as trusted player.

You do presume that my powers are why the targeting was public.

But joke's on you, I have no idea why it was public.
    At this point, we know this to be a true statement: Book Wombat has taken credit for the public reveal. The public reveal also definitely wasn't clever distancing because there's no way we started with four wolves (or three wolves with a neutral in cahoots). Null.

I'm alright killing Book Wombat. Town's ahead, let's cull that suspect list.

My powers are to make three different poems appear in the opening narration. The poems have no powers that have been revealed to me. It is possible that they do things I don't know about. I may or may not have made Apogee's targeting public.
    On the one hand, the power described seems significantly worse than the most comparable townie (totadile). On the other hand, this is pretty on-par with some of the weaker town powers (Cao's roleblock and nothing else). I feel like a JOAT who doesn't know their powers is maybe worse than a roleblocker though...it feels weird.

Good enough for me. Wombat has taken a risk by making a specific, testable claim. If anyone knows that they're really the ones who are behind the public post, congrats you baited a wolf. Please tell us.

Wombat, you get to live. But my bloodlust must yet be sated. Elenna, what do you think about being killed?
    If anybody else openly talked about murder and bloodlust this much, we'd lynch them on suspicion of being a serial killer. But Xihirli doesn't this constantly no matter role or alignment, so it's NAI.

I mean if Mafia's plan was for one of you to target me and the other to put one of your own members in the announcements as having done so I feel pretty good about Town's chances anyway, so I'm treating you as town for now.
    Xihirli makes a good argument against Book Wombat being a mafia member. Which...would be counterproductive at this point if we didn't basically already know mafia is 100% gone. Still, I get a good feel from this.

Why did not one listen to me when I said we should descend into madness and kill Elenna?
    Based on NOTHING!?
    Well if Xihirli is neutral she definitely wasn't batting for wolf team the way I was batting for town.

Then what am I even doing?
    And why do you think Dead Poet's Society Member is even a role in this game? Who would even think of something as random as that? A madwoman, surely.

Elenna and disintegrate me AV.

Come on, it’ll be funny.
    This is the most Xihirli post. Null.

You won't see today's poem if I don't die!
    Null.

Wait. Hold on. Elenna makes some good points.
    Null.

Maybe I’m not a poet.
    Null.

I’m still not quite clear on where people got the idea that my title was “dead poet’s society member.” That’s such a specific thing to guess from a poem like Seize the Carp.
    It wasn't guessed from the poem, it was deciphered from the since-deleted cipher post.

Aha! I win!
    Wait, is the game over?
    Could just be Xihirli posting, could be the SK equivalent of the "apologizing wolf" pattern.

Yeah, AV. You caught me. Our secret plan was for every other member of Mafia to Target me specifically just before they died including kill powers because what else were we gonna use them on? Winning?
    I like the sarcasm. I don't like the attempt to paint my argument as me saying there must've been four wolves to start. It's an obvious strawman.

If my win con was inevitable like you think, there'd be no point to any of this discussion. But that's all I'll say about it cuz I'm trying not to get mad and bitter again.

Null.

I'm town, AV. I don't have a secret win-con, I just used the last of my protection, and I'm just trying to win the game for my team. Maybe I'm not doing it well. Maybe you're playing me right now I'm incapable of telling with that sort of thing.
    Because it's still part of the above feel, it feels genuine. It's easy for scum to lie like this but...idk

Perfectly fine. Kill me to win the game because you suspect me, cool. That's what the game is. Cursing me out? I would hope you'd at least reach out to me about what I'm doing to upset you first.
    That's a fair point and I'm sorry for cursing. It's not anything you specifically have done, it's just the community. Effort is punished and coasting is rewarded and it just gets to me.

Lotta weird stuff but...also, lotta stuff that looks better with our current understanding of the game. Lotsa stuff that looks scummy but could just be Xihirli being herself. Lotta playing her cards close to the chest, but that happens every game she's in. I'm inclined to lean town.

Spoiler: Book Wombat
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    The die says number eight stole the cookie!
    totadileplayz, how dare you!
    Null, pure RP.

Never. Ever. Forget. Rule Number. One.
    Null, pure RP.

Also Rule #192 says not to trust shapeshifters.

EDIT: Not RPing, just doing nonsense.
    Null, pure nonsense.

My name's ■■■■■■■■.
    Not going to give clues to my power. Probably not a good idea at the beginning, also it's easy to lie.
    This feels weird in hindsight. Like...okay so I talked about Xihirli's power claim feeling a bit weak for town. It's hard to call an info-power like we know BW's to be "weak" but like...it doesn't feel strong. It's not amazing information. If it also publicly revealed the kind of power used, that'd be more on par with some of the other townie powers we've seen, but just a public Watcher? Feels a bit eh for this game.

I agree, it doesn't really help town since one could just lie.
    BW is doing the same thing Xihirli did, agreeing with Apogee on reasons not to trust totadile. Which at the time felt fair-ish, but it still feels weird.

Not really if you get the full name or background information.
    For example the name Makoto doesn't mean much but Makoto Misumi does.
    Null.

A passive? Maybe some kind of vote manipulation ability? Hrrmmm.

- - - Updated - - -

Nooo, I swear I didn't steal the cookies.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote List:
    totadileplayz (1): Book Wombat
    Book Wombat (3): totadileplayz, AvatarVecna, Xihirli
    Despite thinking it's unhelpful to town to publicly broadcast role info, BW takes guesses at totadile's power. The rest of the post looks substantial but it's essentially RP and IIoA.

I usually roll for my first vote.
    Who do you mean in the underlined part?

I'll be moving my vote off totadileplayz since they don't seem that suspicious to Captain Cap, another inactive.

Also if totadileplayz isn't lying they probably know my role by now. Oh well.
    Null. Could be read as distancing if there was any chance there's a wolf left. As it stands, anybody could've posted this.

Additionally, BW disappeared after this for a good long while - a ways into D2. Given the power we know of isn't particularly impressive, I could definitely see this as an SK that got too close to the noose D1 and is trying to lay low now that the wagons have moved on.

I'm confused, oh well.
    What was the poem from Xihirli about? Was it triggered by Apogee1 targeting her or something else?

Honestly seeing these powers makes mine feel a bit underwhelming. Makes sense though considering which character I chose.

totadileplayz might be able to confirm that I'm town, my role has two words, nine and eight letters respectively.

I'll vote JeenLeen I guess? Aleph somehow feels suspicious though.

EDIT: I didn't post yesterday because after I read through the thread I wrote something but then got distracted and forgot to post it.
    I appreciate the role claim even if it's not a complete role claim. They're claiming to a trusted townie who can test them. I'm not sure how to feel about the "distracted" explanation. I guess I could believe it but ehhhhhh I'm not inclined to give townie credit for not caring too much about the game state.

Time to claim. I'm the Anonymous Reporter.

Last night I targeted Apogee1 which is why they showed up in the Narrator's post.
    Biggest townie thing: we have a full name claim from BW where Xihirli is basically denying everything and refusing to share to the bitter end. Townie points for BW here, even though I can acknowledge that anybody could make this claim without it being dangerous. What can I say, I have appreciate the transparency. Somebody has to.

I'm getting bitter again. >.<

I'll forgive everyone for stealing cookies if you don't lynch me.

- - - Updated - - -

I could of course be lying that I'm town, but honestly I find it wouldn't make much sense for a mafia member to have a role like this.
    Could be used for misdirection though now that I think about it.
    This is solid townie points. This feels like a townie's train of thought on their own role and claims, rather than scum trying to dodge the lynch. They wouldn't undermine their own defense by making an obvious counter-argument against themselves, they'd let somebody else make the obvious counterargument.

I'll vote for Aleph Null I guess?

Also, if you look at my post with the black squares on page 1 you'll see that there are eight of them which is meant to be "Terrence", specifically from UnOrdinary. That should be enough proof that my power is what I said it was. Could still be mafia though.
    Null although I guess it at least means that their earliest claim was also at least a little honest.

My "Report" ability is my only one.
    Mhmmm

I think this description would fit Baron Munchhausen better than Nico de Angelo. I'm guessing this means Elenna is a wolf.
    Solid reasoning that should've convinced me. Additionally, I didn't bring this up in the Xihirli section, but...an SK without a kill would've argued for not lynching the obvious wolf in some way - either by casting doubt on me, casting doubt on the sole remaining townie, or appealing to people to "do it for the memes". Xihirli did the third, BW didn't do any of those.

One power I would think a necromancer would have in WW/Mafia is to be able to use a power of someone who died. Would also fit what Elenna said about getting stronger as more people get killed.
    Baron Munchhausen, who is now dead, had the power to reduce the amount of votes on them by one.
    If Elenna is wolf, can copy powers of the dead and survives until tomorrow that would mean the votes will probably be Elenna 1 and Town 1, instead of it being Elenna 2 and Town 1 (assuming AV is going along with town for now).
    Probably better to lynch them today.

Also, not sure if it's important but the first post hasn't been updated from Night 2 to Day 3.
    Good general musings, but null. Anybody can speculate on powers like this. Nothing here an SK would want to avoid posting, beyond the aforementioned "SK would want a wolf alive maybe going into the next night".

Phew, got lucky with that coin.
    Fun game.
    ...lucky how? If you'd lost the coin toss, then as far as you knew, it would've been town!Xihirli, town-aligned-neutral!AV, and scum!Elenna still pulling the lynch. Elenna gets lynched, and (theoretically) game ends in town victory. It's cool that the scum disintegrate failed, but if it had gone through you still would've won.

...assuming you're a townie, anyway.

Oh gods, what is this. Nononononono. Welp. I'm not going to survive this am I?
    Null. Doesn't have the confused tone Xihirli's had that felt un-genuine, so feels a bit better than that I guess? Eh.

This is mostly better, but there's those couple things that really feel like slips to me.

This shouldn't even be an issue. I should be able to win with either you, and yet I'm sitting here tearing my hair out trying to find the other neutral because I'm too stubborn to just give up on getting the exact victory I wanted.

Screw it, going with my gut. DISINTEGRATE: XIHIRLI

Book Wombat just in case I'm both wrong about who the neutral was and incompatible with their win-con. But it should be over at this point.

GGs all around.

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #323

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Book Wombat died tonight. He died from being hit by a bell. Book Wombat's role was Anonymous Reporter.
    Xihirli, what the hell?

24. - Top - End - #324
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Good showing to AV. I honestly never even seen a sk before.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I should add. Linking is a tactic I shouldn't do, but i tend to play wolves and its caused me to learn the sticking tactic. The tactic works because people try to read who your alliance is, and if you stick to someone suspicion will be played to that person. Not actually useful as town.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

AV, were you legitimately upset during the Night, or was that a ploy?

I want you to know that the distrust and paranoia I state about you is meant as a compliment of your skill.
    I can get you being legitimately upset, even if the paranoia was legit in this game (e.g., we were paranoid you were SK, and you were SK.)

---

So many "if only"s with this game. Mainly "if only" we had killed totaldile instead of AV. I was guessing there's be someone Naruto or ninja-ish, so going to have the flavor text as shruiken killing them, in hopes that got totaldile to incrimiante someone. But I really thought we'd have a hard time losing with 3/10 players as wolves AND a voider dying D1.
    But instead we went for the one person immune to NKs and DKs. Bummer.

Seems fitting Light Yagami got killed for trying to be too clever

26. - Top - End - #326
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

The if only of town? If only town lynched the known neutral day 2 because we should have.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

"The most frustrating part is that AvatarVecna has been in control since we lynched Aleph Null."

D2 started out with me offering a "2nd lynch" that was entirely within my own control. When somebody else popped up to give us a 3rd, I immediately used all the info at my disposal to gain control of both of the pseudo-lynches, while sprinkling my thoughts on everybody. This included piggybacking on Captain Cap's aspersions against Aleph Null to make the latter look really really suspicious. Make no mistake: all three kills D2 were a direct result of my actions.

D3 started the same way, with me controlling the narrative and making the entire day about disintegrating Captain Cap and lynching Elenna. Even though it was obvious to everybody that Cap was innocent, even though I had personally vouched for his innocence the day before, nobody questioned me for killing him or told me not to do it.

"Wait, did Xihirli kill Book Wombat? WTF?"

My guess would be that my little rant was genuine enough to make her think it really was just bitterness that I was being screwed out of a well-earned victory by unfair paranoia. Which...

EDIT: That, or she figured I was SK but deserved the win lol.

"I hope AV's okay.
    It sounds like, from Unavenger's comments, AV is really a serial killer. I can understand her feeling frustrated about mistrust, but the mistrust is warranted, so... well, just hope she's okay.

Since AV will probably read this after game ends: to me, the distrust towards AV has always been a compliment of her skill. If I ever gave offense, it wasn't my intention. And if I showed frustration or agitation towards her, it was because of having my schemes foiled, and probably meant as a compliment to her ability to foil schemes."

It was meant as possible manipulation here, but it's also genuine. That's part of what sells it really: it's frustrating when it feels like effort is punished and coasting is rewarded, when what's really happening is that experience is being rewarded by considering the experienced player a serious threat. I get it, intellectually. It makes sense to target me if you're not sure I'm on your side. It's just one of those things that happens often enough, especially when I'm absolutely carrying, that it sometimes really gets under my skin. It's not any specific person doing it, it's just the general attitude.

And, of course, I have to acknowledge that just because it's rarely warranted doesn't mean it's never warranted. This time, the paranoia was 100% spot on, and I've been getting called out since mid-D2...but since it was mostly wolves doing the calling out...
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-27 at 01:07 PM.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #328

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    D3 started the same way, with me controlling the narrative and making the entire day about disintegrating Captain Cap and lynching Elenna. Even though it was obvious to everybody that Cap was innocent, even though I had personally vouched for his innocence the day before, nobody questioned me for killing him or told me not to do it.
    I mean, there was nothing town could do about it. Given my voting manipulation power you would have disintegrated me in any case, and in fact you did: when I proposed the "election", only you and Elenna expressed the preference of disintegrating me (2 out 5), but you carried it out anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, I'm honestly surprised no one (of the living) ever mentioned my warning when Night 3 started.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-03-27 at 01:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

AV, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.
    Why did you want to eliminate Elenna instead of (reasonably perhaps) getting Xi lynched as a possible wolf? I'd think you'd want the wolves active, especially since you were immune to kill powers.
    On the other hand, eliminating the wolves can, and in this case did, give you significant towncred.

Were you worried she could bypass your protections, since she killed totaldile?

The main reason I thought you might be town was
    1) you spoke against sharing too much early D1, when I'd think a baddie would wait to say that until some folk had shared too much (but, I can see you caring that we wolves didn't learn, especially with your scry power)
    2) you killed Elenna, when (as far as you knew) she was a voider or some middling power.

@Unavenger: why was it public when Book Wombat got voided? It seems that, even if he was targeting himself that night, the void would have nullified it. His power doesn't appear to state that it'd activate if he's voided.

That said, I think his being voided publicly didn't hurt us. Maybe it even spread misinfo to make folk think the final wolf was just a voider, instead of Elenna's true power.

Xihirli, I'm also curious why you tried to kill Book Wombat.
    Though I admit at first I thought you killed yourself. I thought maybe you were a neutral who needed the game to win within X days or the "bell tolls" for you when it's too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    I mean, there was nothing town could do about it. Given my voting manipulation power you would have disintegrated me in any case, and in fact you did: when I proposed the "election", only you and Elenna expressed the preference of disintegrating me (2 out 5), but you carried it out anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, I'm honestly surprised no one (of the living) ever mentioned my warning when Night 3 started.
    Oh, yeah, Captain Cap also said you might be SK.
    So it wasn't just the wolves

On that note, I think the tension of "well, maybe we should lynch the helpful neutral" is necessary, lest neutrals just be safe. Like how it turned out the neutrals had no reason NOT to claim, and all the reasons to claim, in the Cats game. Their goal didn't hurt the town or the wolves, so it was a waste for both sides to kill them.

You were super-helpful and gained a ton of towncred via that, so people believed the Survivor claim. But the only good reason not to lynch you late game would be a sense of fair play... or, well, at least if I were a living Town, I probably would have voted to leave you alive because you "earned it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    1) you spoke against sharing too much early D1, when I'd think a baddie would wait to say that until some folk had shared too much (but, I can see you caring that we wolves didn't learn, especially with your scry power)
    ...you brought up how the cipher was probably forbidden and shouldn't be used after you broke the cipher and had that info, didn't you?
    That way you got the info about roles, but nobody else did. Neat.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

For all I knew, her kill had just penetrated my exact protective ability. It turns out it didn't, but I wasn't going to take that chance. She needed to die that day.

My Homebrew