New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Call to Brew! [Crossroads]

Using Vorpal Tribble's calculator I got around 9 or so...I think I'll change it, unless anyone disagrees.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As a side note, I've begun work on Gaasyendietha.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Good on ya, critter looks marvelous, and I updated your claim onto the Gaasyendietha. Are you thinking proper dragon or just generic beastie?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

still working on my next two. I'm having some offline troubles so I've been distracted.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Dragon, but not True Dragon. It'll have Juvenile, Adult, and Ancient stages.

6. - Top - End - #186

Perfectly understandable, Bhu, reality shall and always should take priority over the internet.

Alright, awesome. Lookin' forward to it!
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

So I just added stats for the Elder cipactli, but I think I must have done some of the math wrong, because this one doesn't seem to have significantly better Skills than previous iterations; some of the Elder's skills are actually lower than the Adult's! Plz halp.

I also added details for the "Cipactli-Stomach Bag of Holding". I figured it was unnecessary to make the players spend additional GP once they've gone to the trouble of getting one, so basically all that's required is the 2-4 days' downtime (and the risk that it might turn into a bag of devouring).

I just had a thought: should this thing deal acid damage to swallowed creatures? Would that damage scale with the cipactli's level/HD (I feel like it wouldn’t; the acid’s just as potent regardless of age). Or maybe "Swallow Whole" should just deal bludgeoning damage instead of acid. In either case, how much damage would be reasonable, and should it scale with level/HD? What about the AC of its gizzard? Would that scale with level, too? Do feats which improve natural armor also improve the AC of its gizzard?

And finally, what to do about "Sprint"? Should it just add a flat 10 ft. to the creature's base speed for one turn, or should the bonus get larger as the creature gets bigger? Or maybe the bonus should get smaller as it gets bigger, because the cipactli is bulkier than before...

Edit: Should the tongue attack say "(grab plus pull)" after it, or just "(pull)"?

I decided that the act of pulling an enemy into its square would be a swift action.
    Last edited by SuperDave; 2014-03-11 at 11:22 PM.
    My Homebrew Projects

Crossroads: The New World - Tribes, colonists, trade confederacies, and empires both new and old collide in an alt-history North America, circa 1750 A.D. (On the road to publication!)

Author of Motor City Breakdown, Co-Author & Accuracy Consultant for Ashes of the Motor City
    Major Contributor, Tenebrous Seas Wiki

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

@Dave, I want you to read this article. I wasn't sure what kind of damage Swallow Whole should do until I found that.

It should definitely be scaling acid.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    @Dave, I want you to read this article. I wasn't sure what kind of damage Swallow Whole should do until I found that.

It should definitely be scaling acid.
    Pardon me. I'm just basking in how awesome that article is. Very cool stuff.

10. - Top - End - #190

Alright, commencing review of elder cipactli:

...Is it just me, or is it an odd coincidence that the the HP total for a creature with 16d8 hit die is 168? Probably just me being weird about numbers.
    There needs to be a -1 size penalty to AC.
    You shouldn't note iterative attack BAB in the stat block, it just makes the numbers very confusing to look at. I think the bonus when grappling should be two points higher, thanks to greater grapple.
    Your attack bonuses are way off, I'll put in a fixed versions for you to insert.
    Attack: Bite +22 melee (2d6+11); OR claw +22 melee (1d6+5); OR Tail Slap +22 melee (1d8+5); OR tongue +13 ranged touch (grab and pull)
    Full Attack: Primary bite +22 melee (2d6+11) and 2 secondary bites +20 melee (1d6+5) and 2 claws +20 melee (1d6+5); OR tail slap +22 melee (1d8+5)
    To explain the changes, firstly, you were just going off your BAB for the attacks, you didn't factor in str bonus and size penalty. Secondly, you have the multiattack feat, so secondary attacks should be at a -2 penalty not a -5. Thirdly, the claws should be part of the main full attack routine. The use of the claws does not interfere with the rest of the attacks, and so, it should work fine. This should apply to all three versions.
    I think you're short a feat.
    On skills, I'm not honestly sure where there are points and where there are bonuses, so it's hard to point out exactly where there are problems. However, I should say there's no need to put points in swim, as they should get a +8 racial bonus to swim checks due to their swim speed and they have crazy strength so those checks shouldn't be a problem. Any class skill you put a point into also gets a +3 bonus, and I'm reasonably certain some of those are aberration class skills, you can check under types and subtypes in the SRD.
    You know, I believe I just noticed a significant oversight. The critter's bite should probably have a grab attached, like a proper croc.
    Oh, yes, almost forgot. I totally support scaling acid damage, particularly after reading that article.

I will say, this is definitely a fearsome beastie here, I certainly wouldn't want to meet it in a dark alley. But it'd have to be in a swamp... A swamp alley? Generally, wherever you meet this critter is a bad place to be.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2014-03-12 at 02:12 PM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Gaasyendietha
    A line of fire trails from the sky and hits the lake with a splash. A serpentine head pokes out of the water and before another moment passes, a flash of fire is headed toward you.

ECOLOGY
    Environment
    Cold Lakes (potentially oceans)
    Organization solitary
    Treasure triple

Gaasyendietha live peacefully in the lakes of the north. They are largely content to collect baubles and survive off ordinary wild game. They prefer to remain in the water, but if food is scarce or the balance is lost, it will feed on birds or land mammals.
    Like Most dragons, Gaasyendietha horde, but mostly naturally occuring treasures, they have a special fondness for pearls.
    Their favor shellfish especially and will eat it exclusively if possible.
    They avoid combat as much as possible, but will take up a fight if his favored haunt is threatened. They are fiercely aggressive territorially speaking, attacking any other Gaasyendietha who approaches.
    Sometimes called "Meteor Dragon" by those who have seen them fall from the sky and the ensuing chaos. Ancient Gaasyendietha have gained some spiritual significance for some under the title "Meteor Dragon."

Spoiler: Juvenile Gaasyendietha (CR 7)
    Show
    N Medium dragon (Fire)
    Init +8; Senses dragon senses; Perception +15

DEFENSE
    AC
    25, touch 14, flat-footed 21 (+4 Dex, +11 natural)
    hp 94 (9d12+36)
    Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +7
    Immune Fire, paralysis, sleep
    Resist 10 Cold

OFFENSE
    Speed
    60 ft., fly 180 ft. (good), swim 60 ft.
    Melee bite +14 (1d8+6), tail slap +13 (1d6+4)
    Special Attacks breath weapon (30-ft. cone, DC 18, 8d6 fire)
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 9th; concentration +9)

At will—Detect Magic
    STATISTICS
    Str
    19, Dex 18, Con 19, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Base Atk +9; CMB +13; CMD 27 (31 vs. trip)
    Feats Alertness, Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (bite)
    Skills Fly +24, Intimidate +12, Perception +15, Spellcraft +12, Stealth +16, Swim +24; Racial Modifiers +8 Swim +8 Fly
    Languages Draconic

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Borne Aloft (Su)

Adult or younger Gaasyendietha fly with good maneuverability while all Ancient Gaasyendietha have perfect.
    Fire Trail (Su)
    A Juvenile or older Gaasyendietha leaves a trail of fire in its wake. Any square its body occupied in the past 3 rounds catches fire, along with the whole of its flammable contents. Creatures in the area may make a DC 15 reflex save to avoid catching fire. This follows the rules for Catching on Fire. Those who begin their turn in the area of the trail take 3d6 damage. This fire occupies both land and open sky, regardless of whether or not it has fuel. Underwater it takes the form of steam and boiling water, but otherwise uses the same rules.
    Gaasyendietha can surpress Fire Trail from forming new trails as a free action.
    Water Breathing (Ex)
    A Gaasyendietha can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapon, spells, and other abilities while submerged.

Spoiler: Adult Gaasyendietha (CR 10)
    Show
    N Large dragon (Fire)
    Init +7; Senses dragon senses; Perception +22 Aura Fire (5 ft., 1d6 fire damage), frightful presence (180 ft., DC 17)

DEFENSES
    AC
    29, touch 12, flat-footed 26 (+3 Dex, +17 natural, –1 size)
    hp 149 (13d12+65)
    Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +10
    DR 5/magic; Immune Fire, paralysis, sleep; SR 21
    Resist 10 Cold

OFFENSE
    Speed
    30 ft., fly 230 ft. (Good), swim 60 ft.
    Melee bite +19 (2d6+9/19–20), tail slap +18 (1d8+9)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with bite)
    Special Attacks breath weapon (40-ft. cone, DC 21, 12d6 fire)
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 13th)
    At will
    —detect magic, gust of wind
    Spells Known (CL 1st)
    1st (4/day)—shield, true strike
    0 (at will)—dancing lights, ghost sound, mending, open/close

STATISTICS
    Str
    23, Dex 16, Con 21, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 12
    BaseAtk +13; CMB +20; CMD 33 (37 vs. trip)
    Feats Alertness, Flyby Attack, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus (bite)
    Skills Fly +13, Intimidate +17, Knowledge (arcane) +17, Perception +22, Spellcraft +17, Stealth +15, Swim +30
    Languages any one, Draconic

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Borne Aloft (Su)
    Adult or younger Gaasyendietha fly with good maneuverability while all Ancient Gaasyendietha have perfect.
    Fire Aura (Su)
    An adult Gaasyendietha radiates an aura of heat. All creatures within 5 feet of the Gaasyendietha take 1d6 points of fire damage at the beginning of the Gaasyendietha's turn.
    Fire Trail (Su)
    A Juvenile or older Gaasyendietha leaves a trail of fire in its wake. Any square its body occupied in the past 3 rounds catches fire, along with the whole of its flammable contents. Creatures in the area may make a DC 15 reflex save to avoid catching fire. This follows the rules for Catching on Fire. Those who begin their turn in the area of the trail take 3d6 damage. This fire occupies both land and open sky, regardless of whether or not it has fuel. Underwater the fire trail takes the form of steam and boiling water, thus there is no risk of catching fire, but otherwise uses the same rules.
    Water Breathing (Ex)
    A Gaasyendietha can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapon, spells, and other abilities while submerged.

Spoiler: Ancient Gaasyendietha (CR 15)
    Show
    N Huge dragon (Fire)
    Init +6; Senses dragon senses; Perception +32
    Aura fire (10 ft., 2d6 fire damage), frightful presence (300 ft., DC 23)

DEFENSE
    AC 39, touch 10, flat-footed 37 (+2 dex, +29 natural, –2 size)
    hp 283 (21d12+147)
    Fort +19, Ref +16, Will +16
    DR 15/magic; Immune Fire, paralysis, sleep; SR 26
    Resist 10 Cold

OFFENSE
    Speed
    30 ft., fly 230 ft. (perfect), swim 60 ft.
    Melee bite +30 (2d8+15/19–20), tail slap +29 (2d6+15)
    Space 15 ft.; Reach 10 ft. (15 ft. with bite)
    Special Attacks Meteor Strike, breath weapon (50-ft. cone, DC 27, 20d6 fire),
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 21st)
    At will—detect magic, gust of wind, wall of Fire
    Spells Known (CL 9th)
    4th (4/day)—charm monster (DC 17), cure critical wounds
    3rd (7/day)—dispel magic, displacement, lightning bolt (DC 16)
    2nd (7/day)—invisibility, fog cloud, resist energy, see invisibility
    1st (7/day)—alarm, grease (DC 14), magic aura, shield, true strike
    0 (at will)—acid splash, dancing lights, ghost sound, mage hand, mending, message, open/close read magic

STATISTICS
    Str 31, Dex 14, Con 25, Int 16, Wis 19, Cha 16
    Base Atk +21; CMB +33; CMD 45 (49 vs. trip)
    Feats Alertness, Flyby Attack, Greater Vital Strike, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Improved Vital Strike, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus (bite)
    Skills Fly +18, Intimidate +27, Knowledge (arcane) +27, Knowledge (history) +27, Perception +32, Sense Motive +32, Spellcraft +27, Stealth +18, Swim +42
    Languages any one, Draconic

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Borne Aloft (Su)

Fire Aura (Su)
    An ancient Gaasyendietha radiates an aura of heat. All creatures within 10 feet of the Gaasyendietha take 2d6 points of fire damage at the beginning of the Gaasyendietha's turn. Additionally, all attacks deal 2d6 fire damage.
    Fire Trail (Su)
    A Juvenile or older Gaasyendietha leaves a trail of fire in its wake. Any square its body occupied in the past 3 rounds catches fire, along with the whole of its flammable contents. Creatures in the area may make a DC 15 reflex save to avoid catching fire. This follows the rules for Catching on Fire. Those who begin their turn in the area of the trail take 3d6 damage. This fire occupies both land and open sky, regardless of whether or not it has fuel. Underwater it takes the form of steam and boiling water, but otherwise uses the same rules.
    Meteor Strike (Su)
    An ancient Gaasyendietha can use its breath weapon in addition to striking the ground from above with such force as to create a crater (a 30’ semicircle appears in the terrain where the Gaasyendietha struck). Dust flies in the air creating total concealment for all within a 200’ radius. The dust will dissipate in 3d8 rounds. All within 60’ take damage as though targeted by the Gaasyendietha’s breath weapon. To do this, the Gaasyendietha must fly down at least 30'.
    Water Breathing (Ex)
    Last edited by Perturbulent; 2014-03-31 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Adapting to forum reformat

12. - Top - End - #192

Wow, how did I miss this critter? Very cool. Full review incoming.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

Alright, reviewing time:

We begin with a math check.
    Juvenile's numbers are good
    Adult looks good, but I'm not sure about the tail attack bonus. I don't think the secondary attack penalty is supposed to be built into the block.
    Ancient's bite and tail are off. Bite should be +30 and tail +29. The penalty to attack went up when the size went up to huge.

Now, for abilities:
    I still think fire aura should deal more damage, but it's your decision in the end. I view it as making up for the loss of the claw/wing attacks. Also, thinking about it, shouldn't there be a clause that any creature stuck by one of it's attacks takes the damage? I mean, normally that's the case because the reach is the same as the aura range, but then we have the situation with the bite's reach being larger than the radius.

Fire trail is pretty cool. I was initially thinking some sort of fire-trample, but your version is cool too. Still, three rounds is a pretty long way. It seems like one could just make a lap around the party every three rounds to keep them penned in. Plus it's a lot of area to mark off on a map. Maybe two rounds, or even just the one?
    Also, I can't help but think there should be some sort of trample-like option to go with it. Or even just the mobility feat to let them move somewhat more freely.

I'm not certain how the meteor strike ability works. I think it's like a dive attack combined with a breath weapon, but it doesn't seem to indicate that they need to be flying at all to do it.

Very awesome, I'll post the link to it in the first post, and update with the new claim.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I fixed the attacks. I also added that Fire Aura deals 2d6 fire damage with each attack as well. I clarified Meteor Strike.

However, I didn't change Fire Trail. given the loss of the wing attack and claws, and relatively low spell-like abilities...I figured the extra potential fire damage isn't a large factor. Yes it's big, but honestly I don't see the enormous fire trails of meteors striking as appearing unless we're talking 3 round remnants, maybe 2, but I don't feel 3 is overpowering.

15. - Top - End - #195

Awesome, I do declare it to be finished.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=949

Indacinga is mostly done, got Fsti Capcaki started below it
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-03-19 at 01:14 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

A massive serpent rushes forward, his scales are black and sleek, many weapons are lodged within.

Uncegila CR 21
    NE Gargantuan magical beast
    Init +9; Senses darkvision 120 ft., low-light vision; Perception +23

DEFENSE
    AC
    42, touch 12, flat-footed 36 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +30 natural, -4 size)
    hp 333 (23d10+207) regeneration 15
    Fort +22, Ref +20, Will +12
    Defensive Abilities DR 20/adamantine; Immune ability damage, disease, energy drain, paralysis, petrification, poison, polymorph; SR 36

OFFENSE
    Speed 80 ft., swim 30 ft.
    Melee bite +33 (6d10+14/19-20 plus grab), tail slap +33 (6d8+14/19-20 plus grab)
    Space 20 ft.; Reach 20 ft.
    Special Attacks constrict (6d8+21), powerful tail, swallow whole (5d6+21 bludgeoning damage +6d6 acid, AC 25, 33 hp)

STATISTICS
    Str
    39, Dex 20, Con 28, Int 2, Wis 17, Cha 11
    Base Atk +23; CMB +41 (+45 grapple); CMD 56 (can't be tripped)
    Feats Critical Focus, Deafening Critical, Dodge, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Critical (tail slap), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Perception), Staggering Critical, Stunning Critical
    Skills Perception +32, Stealth +24, Swim +45
    SQ Hold Breath (Ex)
    Stomach Vulnerability (Ex)
    The following abilities do not function against attacks made from within Uncegila’s stomach: SR, DR, Regeneration, Reflective Adamantine Scales.

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Powerful Tail (Ex)

An Uncegila's tail slap is always a primary attack. When an Uncegila deals damage to an object with its tail slap or via constrict damage, it ignores the first 10 points of hardness that object possesses.

Quick Recovery (Su)
    A debilitated Uncegila recovers with frightening speed. If an Uncegila starts its turn affected by any or all of the following conditions, these conditions end at the end of its turn: confused, dazed, dazzled, exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, sickened, and stunned. Furthermore, an Uncegila affected by ability drain or a mind-affecting effect that allows a save receives a single additional save against the effect of its choice at the original DC at the end of its turn in order to shake off the effect.

Reflective Adamantine Scales (Su)
    The Uncegila's scales deflect cones, lines, rays, and magic missile spells, rendering the Uncegila immune to such effects. There is a 30% chance a deflected effect reflects back in full force at the caster; otherwise it is simply negated.

ECOLOGY
    Environment
    Warm Plains
    Organization Solitary
    Treasure Triple Standard (Magic Items lodged in carapace or digestive tract)

The Uncegila is a monster who seems impenetrable from every angle. However, his key strategy of swallowing his enemies whole leads true to his weakness. Many warriors have died attacking him head on, leaving their weapons lodged in his adamantine scales.
    Last edited by Perturbulent; 2014-04-01 at 07:13 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198

Sorry it took me so long to get to the reviewing, I've been really wrapped up in this little side-project thing. I'll be in to properly review the monsters after my D&D game tonight.
    Two CR 20s.... Big task ahead of me.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I've nearly got a series of Monstrous Harvestmen ready.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Regarding the Gaasyendietha: Are they able to suppress the fire-trail ability if they choose to? Because if they can't, then they'd eventually kill all the fish by boiling the water in their lake. Particularlyl if there were a small family of them in the lake.

I'm not sure ray of frost makes sense as a spell-like ability for them, since their whole shtick is being on fire, and they've got the fire subtype, and they've got resistance 10 against cold damage.

Same thing with dimension door: it's technically a form of teleportation, which is heavily restricted in this setting.

Other than that, looks great! I'm disappointed that there isn't more art of them, 'cause they sound really cool.

Regarding the Cipactli: I was tinkering with the stats the other day, and realized that at 32 HD, the Antediluvian would get at least 17 feats! I'm not sure I can even think of 167 thematically-appropriate feats for this bad boy. Any suggestions?

Edit: Uncegila looks awesome, by the way. I think he was responsible for creating the Black Hills or the Badlands in his death-throes, wasn't he? Maybe he should have some kind of Death Throes (Ex) ability where he flails around for a few rounds after you kill him?

Oh, and I just had an awesome idea for a monster that I'd like to add and claim: obsidian butterfly swarm!
    Last edited by SuperDave; 2014-03-21 at 08:11 PM.
    My Homebrew Projects

Crossroads: The New World - Tribes, colonists, trade confederacies, and empires both new and old collide in an alt-history North America, circa 1750 A.D. (On the road to publication!)

Author of Motor City Breakdown, Co-Author & Accuracy Consultant for Ashes of the Motor City

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Regarding the Gaasyendietha: Are they able to suppress the fire-trail ability if they choose to? Because if they can't, then they'd eventually kill all the fish by boiling the water in their lake. Particularlyl if there were a small family of them in the lake.

I'm not sure ray of frost makes sense as a spell-like ability for them, since their whole shtick is being on fire, and they've got the fire subtype, and they've got resistance 10 against cold damage.

Same thing with dimension door: it's technically a form of teleportation, which is heavily restricted in this setting.

Other than that, looks great! I'm disappointed that there isn't more art of them, 'cause they sound really cool.

Regarding the Cipactli: I was tinkering with the stats the other day, and realized that at 32 HD, the Antediluvian would get at least 17 feats! I'm not sure I can even think of 167 thematically-appropriate feats for this bad boy. Any suggestions?

Edit: Uncegila looks awesome, by the way. I think he was responsible for creating the Black Hills or the Badlands in his death-throes, wasn't he? Maybe he should have some kind of Death Throes (Ex) ability where he flails around for a few rounds after you kill him?

Oh, and I just had an awesome idea for a monster that I'd like to add and claim: obsidian butterfly swarm!
    Good call on the dimension door and ray of frost. They did seem kind of strange now that you mention. As such, I've fixed that. I've also allowed the fire trail to be suppressed.

I didn't include the death throes because honestly, I only found that bit in one source. It seemed more big legend that could have just denoted fighting, but I may consider adding it if others believe it comes up a little pale.
    Last edited by Perturbulent; 2014-03-21 at 09:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

A long, spindly pole is all that can be seen from the doorway. Upon entering the room it becomes clear that pole is actually the first small section of this arachnid’s leg. It’s body is relatively small given it’s size, but the wicked mouth full of jagged tooth shapes is very ominous. It’s single set of eyes lock with yours, and a pungent smell fills the room.

ECOLOGY
    Environment
    any
    Organization solitary, pair, pack (3-8), or brood (1-3 plus 5-20 Harvestman of 2 or more sizes smaller.)
    Treasure incidental

Spoiler: Tiny Harvestman (CR 1/4)
    Show
    N Tiny vermin
    Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4

DEFENSE
    AC 20, touch 18, flat-footed 14 (+6 Dex, +2 natural, +2 size)
    hp 5 (1d8+1)
    Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +0
    Immune mind-affecting effects

OFFENSE
    Speed
    40 ft. Climb 20
    Melee bite +0 (1d3-2)
    Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

STATISTICS
    Str
    7, Dex 23, Con 12, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 2
    Base Atk +0; CMB -4; CMD 12 (24 vs. trip)
    Skills Acrobatics +14, Climb +23, Perception +4, Stealth +18;
    Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +8 Climb, +4 Perception, +4 Stealth

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Stench (Ex)

Harvestmen secrete an acrid, oily chemical that nearly every other creature finds offensive. All living creatures (except those with the stench special ability) within 10 feet must succeed on a Fortitude save DC 11 (con-based) or be sickened. The effect lasts as long as the creature remains within 30 ft and for 1d4 rounds after leaving the radius. Creatures that successfully save cannot be affected by the same Harvestman’s stench for 24 hours. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes the effect from the sickened creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws.
    Spoiler: Harvestman, Small (CR 1/2)
    Show
    N Small vermin
    Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4

DEFENSE
    AC
    15, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +1 size, +1 Nat)
    hp 13 (2d8+4)
    Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0

OFFENSE
    Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft.
    Melee bite +4 (1d4+2)

STATISTICS
    Str 14, Dex 17, Con 14, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 2
    Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 15 (27 vs. trip)
    Skills Acrobatics +11, Climb +26, Perception +4, Stealth +11
    Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +16 Climb, +4 Perception, +4 Stealth

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Stench (Ex)

Harvestmen secrete an acrid, oily chemical that nearly every other creature finds offensive. All living creatures (except those with the stench special ability) within 20 feet must succeed on a Fortitude save DC 12 (con-based) or be sickened. If another Harvestman is within range of this Harvestman’s Stench ability, the DC of the other Harvestman’s stench DC increases by 1. The effect lasts as long as the creature remains within 30 ft and for 1d4 rounds after leaving the radius. Creatures that successfully save cannot be affected by the same Harvestman’s stench for 24 hours. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes the effect from the sickened creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws.
    Spoiler: Harvestman, Medium (CR 1)
    Show
    N Medium vermin
    Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4

DEFENSE
    AC
    16, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex, +2 natural armor)
    hp 22 (3d8+6)
    Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

OFFENSE
    Speed
    40 ft., climb 30 ft.
    Melee bite +4 (1d6+3)

STATISTICS
    Str
    15, Dex 19, Con 15, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 2
    Base Atk +2; CMB +4; CMD 18 (30 vs. trip)
    Skills +9 Acrobatics, Climb +18, Perception +4, Stealth +11
    Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +16 Climb, +4 Perception, and +4 Stealth.

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Stench (Ex)

Harvestmen secrete an acrid, oily chemical that nearly every other creature finds offensive. All living creatures (except those with the stench special ability) within 30 feet must succeed on a Fortitude save DC 13 (con-based) or be sickened. If another Harvestman is within range of this Harvestman’s Stench ability, the DC of the other Harvestman’s stench DC increases by 1. The effect lasts as long as the creature remains within 30 ft and for 1d4 rounds after leaving the radius. Creatures that successfully save cannot be affected by the same Harvestman’s stench for 24 hours. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes the effect from the sickened creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws.
    Spoiler: Harvestmen, Large (CR 3)
    Show
    N Large vermin
    Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4

DEFENSE
    AC
    17, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex, +5 natural, –1 size)
    hp 42 (5d8+20)
    Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +1

OFFENSE
    Speed
    40 ft., climb 30 ft.
    Melee bite +8 (1d8+9)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

STATISTICS
    Str
    23, Dex 17, Con 18, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 2
    Base Atk +3; CMB +10; CMD 23 (35 vs. trip)
    Skills Acrobatics +14, Climb +22, Perception +4, Stealth +3;
    Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +8 Climb, +4 Perception, +4 Stealth (+8 webs)

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Stench (Ex)

Harvestmen secrete an acrid, oily chemical that nearly every other creature finds offensive. All living creatures (except those with the stench special ability) within 40 feet must succeed on a Fortitude save DC 16 (con-based) or be sickened. If another Harvestman is within range of this Harvestman’s Stench ability, the DC of the other Harvestman’s stench DC increases by 2. The effect lasts as long as the creature remains within 30 ft and for 1d4 rounds after leaving the radius. Creatures that successfully save cannot be affected by the same Harvestman’s stench for 24 hours. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes the effect from the sickened creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws.
    Spoiler: Harvestman, Huge (CR 5)
    Show
    N Huge vermin
    Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +5

DEFENSE
    AC
    20, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+3 Dex, +9 natural, -2 size)
    hp 59 (7d8+28)
    Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +3

OFFENSE
    Speed 50 ft., climb 40 ft.
    Melee bite +10 (2d8+10)
    Space 15 ft.; Reach 15 ft.

STATISTICS
    Str
    25, Dex 17, Con 18, Int —, Wis 12, Cha 2
    Base Atk +5; CMB +14; CMD 27 (39 vs. trip)
    Skills Acrobatics +11, Climb +31, Perception +5, Stealth -1;
    Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +16 Climb, +4 Perception, +4 Stealth
    SQ compression

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Stench (Ex)

Harvestmen secrete an acrid, oily chemical that nearly every other creature finds offensive. All living creatures (except those with the stench special ability) within 50 feet must succeed on a Fortitude save DC 17 (con-based) or be sickened. If another Harvestman is within range of this Harvestman’s Stench ability, the DC of the other Harvestman’s stench DC increases by 3. The effect lasts as long as the creature remains within 30 ft and for 1d4 rounds after leaving the radius. Creatures that successfully save cannot be affected by the same Harvestman’s stench for 24 hours. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes the effect from the sickened creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws.
    Spoiler: Harvestman, Gargantuan (CR 8)
    Show
    N Gargantuan vermin
    Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4

DEFENSE
    AC 23, touch 8, flat-footed 21 (+2 Dex, +15 natural, –4 size)
    hp 125 (10d8+80)
    Fort +15, Ref +5, Will +3

OFFENSE
    Speed
    40 ft., climb 30 ft.
    Melee bite +17 (3d6+21)
    Space 20 ft.; Reach 20 ft.

STATISTICS
    Str 39, Dex 15, Con 26, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 2
    Base Atk +7; CMB +25; CMD 37 (49 vs. trip)
    Skills Acrobatics +12, Climb +28, Perception +4, Stealth -7;
    Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +8 Climb, +4 Perception, +4 Stealth

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Stench (Ex)

Harvestmen secrete an acrid, oily chemical that nearly every other creature finds offensive. All living creatures (except those with the stench special ability) within 60 feet must succeed on a Fortitude save DC 23 (con-based) or be sickened. If another Harvestman is within range of this Harvestman’s Stench ability, the DC of the other Harvestman’s stench DC increases by 5.The effect lasts as long as the creature remains within 30 ft and for 1d4 rounds after leaving the radius. Creatures that successfully save cannot be affected by the same Harvestman’s stench for 24 hours. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes the effect from the sickened creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws.
    Spoiler: Harvestman, Colossal (CR 11)
    Show
    N Colossal vermin
    Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4

DEFENSE
    AC
    27, touch 4, flat-footed 25 (+2 Dex, +23 natural, –8 size)
    hp 161 (14d8+98)
    Fort +16, Ref +6, Will +4

OFFENSE
    Speed
    50 ft., climb 20 ft.
    Melee bite +19 (6d8+25)
    Space 40 ft.; Reach 30 ft.
    Special Attacks Swallow Whole (5d6 damage plus 2d6 acid damage, AC 21, 16 hp); trample (4d8+22, DC 34)

STATISTICS
    Str
    45, Dex 15, Con 24, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 2
    Base Atk +10; CMB +35; CMD 47 (59 vs. trip)
    Skills Acrobatics +25, Climb +25, Perception +4, Stealth –6;
    Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +8 Climb, +4 Perception, +8 Stealth

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Stench (Ex)

Harvestmen secrete an acrid, oily chemical that nearly every other creature finds offensive. All living creatures (except those with the stench special ability) within 60 feet must succeed on a Fortitude save DC 24 (con-based) or be sickened. If another Harvestman is within range of this Harvestman’s Stench ability, the DC of the other Harvestman’s stench DC increases by 7. The effect lasts as long as the creature remains within 30 ft and for 1d4 rounds after leaving the radius. Creatures that successfully save cannot be affected by the same Harvestman’s stench for 24 hours. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes the effect from the sickened creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws.

And for my next trick, I intend to build Tizheruk
    Last edited by Perturbulent; 2014-04-01 at 07:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203

Okay, the forums are back and I've got a lot of catching up to do, it seems!

Indacinga
    First off, very impressive challenge. I do NOT wanna run into that dude.

Now, for the review.
    Math checks out, I don't see any numerical errors.
    Uproot looks good. You may want to include corresponding tree-heights to sizes, just for easy reference, but it's not strictly necessary. Does he break off the branches before clubbin'?
    Swat's cool, but I don't think it'll be of much use. There's no PC flight in the setting.

Overall, very solid creature. I think it could use more unique abilities, but then, staying loyal to the myths can limit one's creative leeway.

Uncegila
    Also totally awesome!

Math check: CMD is 1 point too high, I believe, but you're good other than that.
    One potential problem, I don't think we've decided if adamantium is gonna be a thing in the setting or not. Still, that's an easy enough fix when the final consensus is reached.
    You mention ability damage in the quick recovery ability, which you made it immune to up above.
    Other than that, a very cool, very dangerous encounter with a risky but interesting way to put it down.

Harvestman (men?):
    Daaang, that's a lot of different stat blocks! I applaud your dedication, good sir!

The basic idea seems pretty solid. I've never noticed a smell with daddy-long-legs, but they freak me out so hard I could never get my face close enough to sniff one. Wikipedia says they do have a scent defense, though, so that's in.
    So, I'll get into the math checks on each one.
    Tiny looks good. Perhaps it should have a climb speed, too, though?
    Small has an extra +1 I can't find on it's attack roll.
    Medium looks good.
    Large's damage should be +9, but otherwise great.
    Huge looks good.
    Gargantuan looks good.
    Aaand colossal is good!

Very nice creation, I would high-five you if I could!
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post17206908

Fsti Capcaki is done. WOuld like to try Matlose and Paija next/
    Last edited by Bhu; 2014-03-31 at 08:57 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAdwB-1vvWM is a video showing Harvestmen in a cluster due to threat. It's really freaky, and doesn't effect most things immediately, but I figured the bigger they are, the more effect it would have. That along with the tendency to cling in numbers to maximize it.

Small's has +4 to hit, +1 from size, +2 from str, and +1 from BAB.
    Large's damage has been fixed.

I kept Uncegila's adamantine as is, because it's meant to be a descriptor more than anything. Even if adamantine doesn't exist in this world, nothing short of adamantine should be able to pierce it's DR, some things not adamantine can get through adamantine, and they would apply. I didn't suggest his carapace as treasure for that reason. Should adamantine exist in this world, surely it would be harvested from him, if not, then the scales are simply like adamantine, but would break up upon it's death. Otherwise, I fixed my goofs on him.

26. - Top - End - #206

I am not going near that video with a ten-foot pole, thankyouverymuch. Nope nope nope nope.

Fsti Capcaki
    Have I mentioned that every time I read that monster's name, my brain tries to correct it into 'Fist Cupcake'?

Anyways, review incoming!
    Math check: All good!
    All the abilities seem well-balanced, and I like the way you adapted the tree-stuff from the Indacinga to this guy.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Hi, everybody!

Sorry it's taken me so long, but I do believe that I have fully and completely fleshed out all the stats for all four age categories of the Cipactli, including acid damage and gizzard HP/AC by age-categories.

I'm not sure I like the way the table looks, now that the forums' formatting has changed. Should I just post four separate Pathfinder stat-blocks inside spoilers, instead of trying to organize them into a scrunched-up little table?

Coming up next: the obsidian butterfly swarm!
    My Homebrew Projects

28. - Top - End - #208

Just a quick post about the table, before I go to bed. I'll be back to properly review in the mornin'.

Anyways, I whipped up a somewhat prettier version of the table, you can get it out of my post by cutting it out of a quote if you want it. However, the 'multiple pf blocks in spoilers' option works for me too, so either way you wanna play it is fine with me.

Spoiler
    Show

Juvenile Adult Elder Antediluvian
    Size/Type Small Aberration (Aquatic) Medium Aberration (Aquatic) Large Aberration (Aquatic) Huge Aberration (Aquatic)
    Hit Dice 4d8+16 (34 hp) 8d8+32 (68 hp) 16d8+96 (168 hp) 32d8+256 (400 hp)
    Initiative +4 +2 +1 +0
    Speed 15 ft., swim 25 ft.; sprint 20 ft., swim 30 ft.; sprint 25 ft., swim 35 ft.; sprint 30 ft., swim 40 ft.; sprint
    Armor Class 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural) 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+2 Dex, +6 natural) 20, touch 10, flat-footed 19 (+1 Dex, +10 natural, -1 size) 22, touch 9, flat-footed 21 (+1 Dex, +13 natural, -2 size)
    BAB/CMB/CMD +3/+7 (11 to grapple)/21 (23 against being grappled) +6/+13 (+17 to grapple)/25 (27 against being grappled) +12/+24 (26 to grapple)/ 35 (37 against being grappled) +24 /+39 (+41 to grapple)/49 (51 against being grappled)
    Attack Bite +8 melee (1d4+5, grab); OR Claw +8 melee (1d3+5); OR Tail Slap +3 melee (1d4+2); OR Tongue +8 melee touch (grab and pull) Bite +13 melee (1d8+7, grab); OR Claw +13 melee (1d4+7); OR Tail Slap +11 melee (1d6+7); OR Tongue +13 melee touch (grab and pull) Bite +22 melee (2d6+11, grab); OR Claw +22 melee (1d6+5); OR Tail Slap +22 melee (1d8+5); OR tongue +13 ranged touch (grab and pull) Bite +25 melee (2d8+13); OR Claw +24 melee (1d8+13); OR Tail Slap +19 melee (2d6+7); OR Tongue +19 melee touch (grab and pull)
    Full Attack 1 primary Bite +8 melee (1d4+5, grab) and 2 secondary Bites +3 melee (1d3+2) and 2 Claws +8 melee (1d3+5); OR Tail Slap +3 melee (1d4+2) 1 primary Bite +13 melee (1d8+7, grab) and 2 secondary Bites +11 melee (1d6+3) and 2 Claws +13 melee (1d4+7); OR Tail Slap +11 melee (1d6+7) 1 primary Bite +22 melee (2d6+11, grab) and 2 secondary Bites +20 melee (1d6+5) and 2 Claws +20 melee (1d6+5); OR Tail Slap +22 melee (1d8+5) 1 primary Bite +25 melee (2d8+13) and 2 secondary Bites +20 melee (1d6+7); OR 2 Claws +24 melee (1d8+13); OR Tail Slap +19 melee (2d6+7)
    Space/Reach 5 ft./5 ft. 5 ft./5 ft. 10 ft./10 ft. 15 ft./15 ft.
    Special Attacks Death Roll, Rend (1d3+7), Swallow Whole (1d8 acid, AC 12, 3 hp), Tongue Death Roll, Rend (1d6+11), Swallow Whole (2d8 acid, AC 13, 7 hp), Tongue Death Roll, Rend (1d6+16), Swallow Whole (3d8 acid, AC 15, 17 hp), Tongue Death Roll, Rend (1d8+19), Swallow Whole (4d8 acid, AC 17, 40 hp), Tongue
    Special Qualities Amphibious, Aquatic, Darkvision 60 ft. Amphibious, Aquatic, Darkvision 60 ft. Amphibious, Aquatic, Darkvision 60 ft. Amphibious, Aquatic, Darkvision 60 ft.
    Saves Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5 Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +11 Fort +20, Ref +12, Will +21
    Abilities Str 20 (+5), Dex 19 (+4), Con 14 (+2), Int 5 (-3), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 4 (-3) Str 24 (+7), Dex 15 (+2), Con 18 (+4), Int 5 (-3), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 4 (-3) Str 32 (+11), Dex 13 (+1), Con 22 (+6), Int 5 (-3), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 4 (-3) Str 36 (+13), Dex 11 (+0), Con 26 (+8), Int 5 (-3), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 4 (-3)
    Skills +9 Acrobatics* (+13 horizontal jumping, +17 vertical jumping), +2 Escape Artist, +9 Stealth* (+12 in water), +5 Swim (total ranks: 4) +9 Acrobatics (+13 horizontal jumping, +17 vertical jumping), +9 Stealth (+17 in water), +7 Swim (total ranks: 8) +10 Acrobatics* (+14 horizontal jumping, +18 vertical jumping), +3 Escape Artist, +14 Stealth* (+22 in water), +11 Swim (total ranks: 16) +16 Acrobatics* (+20 horizontal, +24 vertical), +13 Escape Artist, +18 Stealth* (+26 in water), +13 Swim (total ranks: 32)
    Feats Greater Grapple, Improved Grapple Improved Grapple, Improved Natural Attack (bite)**, Greater Grapple, Multiattack Greater Grapple, Improved Grapple, Improved Natural Attack (bite)**, Multiattack, Improved Natural Armor, Nightstalker, Stealthy Beartrap Bite, Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Greater Grapple, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Grapple, Improved Natural Armor, Improved Natural Attack (bite)**, Multiattack, Power Attack, Jaguar Pounce, Nightstalker, Rending Fury, Skill Focus (Acrobatics), Skill Focus (Stealth), Snatch, Stealthy , Weapon Focus (Bite)
    Environment warm swamps, rivers, and lakes warm swamps, rivers, and lakes warm swamps, rivers, and lakes warm swamps, rivers, and lakes
    Organization clutch (3-8) infestation (3d6) solitary, or mated pair and brood (1d8 juveniles) solitary
    Challenge Rating 5 8 12 24
    Treasure incidental (odd bits of swallowed junk, some valuables), plus Type I bag of holding (see text) incidental (inorganic gear and/or coins of previously-swallowed adventurers) plus Type II bag of holding (see text) standard (inorganic gear and/or coins of previously-swallowed adventurers) plus Type III bag of holding (see text) double-standard (inorganic gear and/or coins of previously-swallowed adventurers) plus Type IV bag of holding (see text)
    Alignment always chaotic, usually evil always chaotic, usually evil always chaotic evil always chaotic evil
    Advancement 9-16 HD (Large), 17-24 (Huge)
    Level Adjustment
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2014-04-08 at 12:28 PM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Just a quick post about the table, before I go to bed. I'll be back to properly review in the mornin'.

Anyways, I whipped up a somewhat prettier version of the table, you can get it out of my post by cutting it out of a quote if you want it. However, the 'multiple pf blocks in spoilers' option works for me too, so either way you wanna play it is fine with me.

Spoiler
    Show

Adult Elder Juvenile Antediluvian
    Size/Type Small Aberration (Aquatic) Medium Aberration (Aquatic) Large Aberration (Aquatic) Huge Aberration (Aquatic)
    Hit Dice 4d8+16 (34 hp) 8d8+32 (68 hp) 16d8+96 (168 hp) 32d8+256 (400 hp)
    Initiative +4 +2 +1 +0
    Speed 15 ft., swim 25 ft.; sprint 20 ft., swim 30 ft.; sprint 25 ft., swim 35 ft.; sprint 30 ft., swim 40 ft.; sprint
    Armor Class 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural) 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+2 Dex, +6 natural) 20, touch 10, flat-footed 19 (+1 Dex, +10 natural, -1 size) 22, touch 9, flat-footed 21 (+1 Dex, +13 natural, -2 size)
    BAB/CMB/CMD +3/+7 (11 to grapple)/21 (23 against being grappled) +6/+13 (+17 to grapple)/25 (27 against being grappled) +12/+24 (26 to grapple)/ 35 (37 against being grappled) +24 /+39 (+41 to grapple)/49 (51 against being grappled)
    Attack Bite +8 melee (1d4+5, grab); OR Claw +8 melee (1d3+5); OR Tail Slap +3 melee (1d4+2); OR Tongue +8 melee touch (grab and pull) Bite +13 melee (1d8+7, grab); OR Claw +13 melee (1d4+7); OR Tail Slap +11 melee (1d6+7); OR Tongue +13 melee touch (grab and pull) Bite +22 melee (2d6+11, grab); OR Claw +22 melee (1d6+5); OR Tail Slap +22 melee (1d8+5); OR tongue +13 ranged touch (grab and pull) Bite +25 melee (2d8+13); OR Claw +24 melee (1d8+13); OR Tail Slap +19 melee (2d6+7); OR Tongue +19 melee touch (grab and pull)
    Full Attack 1 primary Bite +8 melee (1d4+5, grab) and 2 secondary Bites +3 melee (1d3+2) and 2 Claws +8 melee (1d3+5); OR Tail Slap +3 melee (1d4+2) 1 primary Bite +13 melee (1d8+7, grab) and 2 secondary Bites +11 melee (1d6+3) and 2 Claws +13 melee (1d4+7); OR Tail Slap +11 melee (1d6+7) 1 primary Bite +22 melee (2d6+11, grab) and 2 secondary Bites +20 melee (1d6+5) and 2 Claws +20 melee (1d6+5); OR Tail Slap +22 melee (1d8+5) 1 primary Bite +25 melee (2d8+13) and 2 secondary Bites +20 melee (1d6+7); OR 2 Claws +24 melee (1d8+13); OR Tail Slap +19 melee (2d6+7)
    Space/Reach 5 ft./5 ft. 5 ft./5 ft. 10 ft./10 ft. 15 ft./15 ft.
    Special Attacks Death Roll, Rend (1d3+7), Swallow Whole (1d8 acid, AC 12, 3 hp), Tongue Death Roll, Rend (1d6+11), Swallow Whole (2d8 acid, AC 13, 7 hp), Tongue Death Roll, Rend (1d6+16), Swallow Whole (3d8 acid, AC 15, 17 hp), Tongue Death Roll, Rend (1d8+19), Swallow Whole (4d8 acid, AC 17, 40 hp), Tongue
    Special Qualities Amphibious, Aquatic, Darkvision 60 ft. Amphibious, Aquatic, Darkvision 60 ft. Amphibious, Aquatic, Darkvision 60 ft. Amphibious, Aquatic, Darkvision 60 ft.
    Saves Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5 Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7 Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +11 Fort +20, Ref +12, Will +21
    Abilities Str 20 (+5), Dex 19 (+4), Con 14 (+2), Int 5 (-3), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 4 (-3) Str 24 (+7), Dex 15 (+2), Con 18 (+4), Int 5 (-3), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 4 (-3) Str 32 (+11), Dex 13 (+1), Con 22 (+6), Int 5 (-3), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 4 (-3) Str 36 (+13), Dex 11 (+0), Con 26 (+8), Int 5 (-3), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 4 (-3)
    Skills +9 Acrobatics* (+13 horizontal jumping, +17 vertical jumping), +2 Escape Artist, +9 Stealth* (+12 in water), +5 Swim (total ranks: 4) +9 Acrobatics (+13 horizontal jumping, +17 vertical jumping), +9 Stealth (+17 in water), +7 Swim (total ranks: 8) +10 Acrobatics* (+14 horizontal jumping, +18 vertical jumping), +3 Escape Artist, +14 Stealth* (+22 in water), +11 Swim (total ranks: 16) +16 Acrobatics* (+20 horizontal, +24 vertical), +13 Escape Artist, +18 Stealth* (+26 in water), +13 Swim (total ranks: 32)
    Feats Greater Grapple, Improved Grapple Improved Grapple, Improved Natural Attack (bite)**, Greater Grapple, Multiattack Greater Grapple, Improved Grapple, Improved Natural Attack (bite)**, Multiattack, Improved Natural Armor, Nightstalker, Stealthy Beartrap Bite, Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Greater Grapple, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Grapple, Improved Natural Armor, Improved Natural Attack (bite)**, Multiattack, Power Attack, Jaguar Pounce, Nightstalker, Rending Fury, Skill Focus (Acrobatics), Skill Focus (Stealth), Snatch, Stealthy , Weapon Focus (Bite)
    Environment warm swamps, rivers, and lakes warm swamps, rivers, and lakes warm swamps, rivers, and lakes warm swamps, rivers, and lakes
    Organization clutch (3-8) infestation (3d6) solitary, or mated pair and brood (1d8 juveniles) solitary
    Challenge Rating 5 8 12 24
    Treasure incidental (odd bits of swallowed junk, some valuables), plus Type I bag of holding (see text) incidental (inorganic gear and/or coins of previously-swallowed adventurers) plus Type II bag of holding (see text) standard (inorganic gear and/or coins of previously-swallowed adventurers) plus Type III bag of holding (see text) double-standard (inorganic gear and/or coins of previously-swallowed adventurers) plus Type IV bag of holding (see text)
    Alignment always chaotic, usually evil always chaotic, usually evil always chaotic evil always chaotic evil
    Advancement 9-16 HD (Large), 17-24 (Huge)
    Level Adjustment
    I think the names for the age catagories need to be switched around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I think the names for the age catagories need to be switched around.
    I blame him for that, I just made it less squooshed.

Anyways, onto review!

Math check:
    Attack bonuses need fixin'. Bite should be +36, claws should be +35, tail slap should be +30, and the tongue should be +17 (also, it's a ranged touch attack, not a melee one).
    Other than that, it looks solid!

I don't think it's a CR 24, though. It's a big beastie, but it doesn't have any of the stuff that epic-level encounters really need to present a credible threat to high-level parties.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show