New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: So how is Batwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Well, we finally got up to the nightclub. And I have to admit, having a cover identity in property management has more upsides the longer I think about it. You have a reason to always be out and about, odd hours kind of come with the territory and nobody will be too surprised if you have to suddenly reschedule to meet a contractor or go deal with a 'water main break'. And you can do some good without the mask.

I might have to use that in a game sometime.
    Arrow's first season did that too, right?
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    This is mostly a narrative set up by those who jumped on the early Captain Marvel trailer and never actually watched the movie, and it just got rolled with because this is the Internet and that's how it do.

Sure, Captain Marvel has issues as a movie, but Brie Larson being wooden is not really one of them. However, because it's all "opinion" and backed up by dozens of comments you might've read on those big Yellow Font Youtube channels, it doesn't really matter.
    Yeah the wooden argument always seemed strange to me. I honestly thought the bigger problem of the film was she wasn’t wooden enough. The whole centerpoint of the movie is that she needs to stop bottling up her emotions. But, she’s basically a snarky spunky action girl from the moment she steps foot on Earth. With a scene or two about control thrown in so the audience doesn’t forget what her arc is supposed to be.

Honestly, thought Gamorah and Nebula did the whole battling their own repression much more interestingly. But then I was pretty lukewarm on Cap Marvel as a whole.

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    Arrow's first season did that too, right?
    Yeah. That's where the meme of "Nightclub" as your cover for your heroing comes from.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The New Bruceski View Post
    And with the mention of an Arkham breakout in this episode, the show has officially caught up with Elseworlds.
    I just came here to see if anybody else thought this, too. I'm not 100% sure, though.

It seems like teaming up with other superheroes and meeting a person from an alternate universe might garner a mention from the main character. If she is supposed to be the same version of Batwoman as was seen last year, and she arrives at this year's crossover without ever explicitly mentioning any of those events, I think people who aren't paying as much attention to things will be a bit confused.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Batwoman can beat Supergirl in a fight. It's a known 100% fact.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it is Arkham. Doesn't have to be the same breakout.

7. - Top - End - #97

As porous as Arkham is, you almost have to ask if it was the morning, afternoon or evening breakout.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

And if it is just the usual daily Joker breakout or is someone getting all of them out to make Batmans live interesting^^

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVIIIMarc View Post
    Huh, I found Brie Larson to be quite the scene stealer in EndGame and of course her own movie. If I have a criticism its with her character being ridiculously powerful.
    Me, too. And she is funny imagine that. Even in the beginning she made jokes and even smiled talking with her boss for example. But that would not fit into the made-up stuff of some people, so it is ignored and they make more videos calling her wooden. Or they say the movie will fail and after it made a billion dollars they suddenly say Disney bought tickets to bolster the movie. Wonder why?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Me, too. And she is funny imagine that. Even in the beginning she made jokes and even smiled talking with her boss for example. But that would not fit into the made-up stuff of some people, so it is ignored and they make more videos calling her wooden. Or they say the movie will fail and after it made a billion dollars they suddenly say Disney bought tickets to bolster the movie. Wonder why?
    You mean the same way that her expression indeed being extremely wooden in the trailer is also ignored afterwards?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

11. - Top - End - #101

A half dozen short clips is never a good way to figure how interesting a movie will be. Frankly, I can't remember the last time I saw a trailer that was even halfway accurate to the movie. So it is always best to ignore them.

Anyway, back on subject.

Somebody doing reviews thought it needed mentioning that the actress playing Alice actually has the middle name of Alice. Like that's supposed to signify something.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr01 View Post
    Has anybody ever come up with a theory as to how Disney is getting all the money to do these things ?
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

13. - Top - End - #103

They sell Princess merch. They could buy a small country each year with their petty cash.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    Has anybody ever come up with a theory as to how Disney is getting all the money to do these things ?
    Does it matter? It's like asking where they - whoever they are - get all the chemicals they've been secretly dispersing into those chemtrails.

Though the question I would ask, if Disney could do this and get away with it why do this just for this singular movie? Why not, for, say, Solo: A Star Wars Story? Or Dumbo? Or A Wrinkle in Time? This would be the one and only movie they've done it for, in all of cinematic history, which also happens to be the one that became a gender politics lightning rod for which a certain section of the internet predetermined - and demanded it - to bomb for their own reasons well before its release.

This is a similar issue as the "the studio bought off the critics" theories, which ignores the fact that for 99% of critics whatever money they could plausibly get from such a deal pales in comparison to what they'd get by exposing rampant studio bribery and also that these largely disconnected individuals are all perfectly committed to keeping this conspiracy secret.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Does it matter? It's like asking where they - whoever they are - get all the chemicals they've been secretly dispersing into those chemtrails.
    I love a good conspiracy theory
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Bad analogy. That's obviously harvested from the underside of the flat earth. Excess heat given off by the mining process powers the projector that creates the hologram of the moon that we see every night, which is why the mine is able to avoid detection.

Disney's money comes from the NASA funds that are supposedly paying for "rockets." I for one can think of no better way to spend that revenue than movie tickets to inflate sales figures so people on the internet look foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    I love a good conspiracy theory
    What are your thoughts on bad ones?
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-11-13 at 07:06 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

So how is Batwoman?
    Apparently less interesting then talking about a completely unlrelated movie (that also from this topic seems to be uninteresting other than that people have complaints about how others reacted to it).

Seperately the 'buying tickets' conspiracy - this seems to have originated from second hand accounts of cinema managers saying they were sold out for the movie but nobody showed up leaving empty screens - but as second (or third etc) hand should not be trusted and hearsay is not evidence I would say these reports can be discounted.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    It's definitely not as much fun if they haven't bothered to put the time and thought into it

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Is anyone actually still watching the show? There's been maybe five posts about it so far.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    Is anyone actually still watching the show? There's been maybe five posts about it so far.
    Sure. The first couple episodes were a little rocky, perhaps, but it's getting on its feet now.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    I'm watching it, it's just that I find it very hard to write anything about it besides "it's a CW show".
    Not better or worse than the others, same patterns, flaws and mistakes.

I find it funny because on the same day I watched the recent episode, I also finished the latest season of She-Ra on Netflix.
    It is amazing how much more mature, better written and better acted a cartoon written for kids can be.
    To emphasize: Me, a forty something year old man, found a show with an episode containing songs about friendship better in every possible way compared to a show that was practically written for my nostalgia and age demographic.

I'm not angry at CW, I can't even say I'm disappointed, I'm just... tired.

So yes, I can see why this thread seems to be about every topic except the show itself.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Bad analogy. That's obviously harvested from the underside of the flat earth. Excess heat given off by the mining process powers the projector that creates the hologram of the moon that we see every night, which is why the mine is able to avoid detection.

Disney's money comes from the NASA funds that are supposedly paying for "rockets." I for one can think of no better way to spend that revenue than movie tickets to inflate sales figures so people on the internet look foolish.

The bad ones are put out by THEM to cover their tracks.

Anyway, I'm caught up on the season now. Biggest previous gripe is becoming a bit less of a problem. They're not going completely off the deep end on the "themed villain" stuff. More of an aesthetic than an obsession/identification thing. And getting a really creepy, "Who's manipulating who?" vibe from Mouse and Alice. Two seriously broken, screwed-up characters; I'm not quite digging it, but I'm seeing where they're going with it. They've also nicely set up a, "Who killed Lucius Fox?" subplot that they could stretch out for as long as they need or want.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Apparently less interesting then talking about a completely unlrelated movie (that also from this topic seems to be uninteresting other than that people have complaints about how others reacted to it).

Seperately the 'buying tickets' conspiracy - this seems to have originated from second hand accounts of cinema managers saying they were sold out for the movie but nobody showed up leaving empty screens - but as second (or third etc) hand should not be trusted and hearsay is not evidence I would say these reports can be discounted.
    Can you imagine if that were true, and a whole bunch of people legitimately wanted to buy tickets and see the movie, but they couldn't because the studio has bought out all of the showing and so the fans went home instead of watching the sold-out movie?
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.

24. - Top - End - #114

Question for the Playground. I haven't been able to find anything about if the schedule change to Tuesday night is just because of the holiday or if it's going to be permanent. Anyone else have an answer?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

What schedule change?

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    What schedule change?
    At a wild guess, I'd say the airing schedule for Batwoman.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

27. - Top - End - #117

After this weekend it looks to be moving to Tuesday at 9:00 EST.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

After this weekend it looks to be moving to Tuesday at 9:00 EST.
    I still can't find any information to corroborate this. Episode 8 appears to be scheduled to air on Sunday, December 1st.

Do you have any kind of source for this Tuesday move?
    Last edited by KillianHawkeye; 2019-11-16 at 08:44 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

You mean beyond the official schedule? Ep7 "Tell Me the Truth" was Sunday, ep8 "Reset" is next Tuesday, ep9 "A Mad Tea Party" is on the 1st.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

ep8 "Reset" is next Tuesday
    This is episode 6 of Arrow. Episode 8 of Batwoman airs December 1st (as I already said).
    Last edited by KillianHawkeye; 2019-11-21 at 11:40 AM.