New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default IC II Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs

Gastaraa Plains, Imperial Encampment

During the next two days the Imperial entourage stays camped on the same spot in the middle of the plains. While the original plan had been to set out on the following day, the sudden attack by fey creatures radically changed those plans. Thirty-four lives of Imperial soldiers and servants were lost in total, during the night the fey first appear and in the aftermath. At this point there are no more fey left in the camp; some were killed, others fled to the plains and a few simply disappeared to thin air. An attempt was made to hold some of the more humanoid-like fey captive, but they turned out to be too unpredictable, and in the end all either fled or died in attacking their captors.

Aerin, Rowan, Relik, Hawke and Sandra have been housed in a couple of rows north of the centre of camp, in a tent of comfortable size. They've been questioned a number of times about the events that brought them here, and what they know of Duchess Shalesse's plans and so on, until they're sick and tired of the whole damn story. Other than that however, there's not been much to complain about, they've slept on clean bedrolls, eaten with the soldiers at the mess tents, and been free to wander around the camp as they wish.

It's been two nights since they stopped the Duchess of Springhaven from carrying out her nefarious plan, and Preceptor Agiloor has sent a request that they come visit him around midday, apparently he has something important to discuss.

Springhaven, Temple of Illyrie

Eglantine has spent two days in the tranquil temple. She met Mother Ethanna briefly on the day she entered and the High Cleric had a small spartan room prepared for her for “as long as was needed”. Lord Belgrede and his son Darian are also staying in rooms by the same corridor. Darian has been grumpy and expressed displeasure about the simple accommodations they've been put in, but the old lord has looked much better since he was rescued from the castle and appears to have regained his sanity, though he still likes to occasionally demonstrate how he would have liked to cut down all those evil villains with quick swings with an imaginary sword. He isn't happy to be apart from his wooden sword, but weapons are strictly prohibited in Illyrie's temple, and he's been forced to leave it in the care of Brother Gregor in the entrance hall. Eggy also had to leave her battleaxe and hammers there for the time being.

Life in the temple is peaceful as ever, but peeking out from the window Eglantine has seen that guards still keep watch outside. Sister Friesd, who leaves every day to make home calls brings in gossip from the city. According to her, there have been riots around the city. Representatives of the Duchess have been speaking against the Empire, and this has caused division amongst the people. Also, there have been more sightings of beasts within the city walls, which has further upset the populace, and some of the Tournament visitors are leaving early. And the Royal Castle is closed off, no one goes in or out. The guards posted outside claim that everything is fine, but the situation is obviously suspicious, and there are rumours about “lizardfolk” or some such walking on the castle walls.

Spoiler: OOC, all
    Show
    So, around 40 hours have passed since the events at the end of the previous thread. Please let me know if there is something in particular you would like to do during this downtime, or if there's someone you'd like talk to, etc. Feel free to describe your actions!
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: IC II Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs

Eglantine spent the time after her narrow escape to the temple trying to help out. She used her small ability to heal as directed and helped with more manual labor once that was exhausted. Occasionally she used her tools to help do the sewing of new garments or patching of the old.

Every time Sister Friesd returned from house calls, Eglantine pestered her for information on Vindal and the shop.

She didn't want to express worry, but having not heard from Rowan in so long she was starting to be very concerned. She had never been apart from her brother for so long.

Finally having grown past the point of being able to wait calmly she went looking for Mother Ethanna.
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hawke watched silently as Mushroom enthusiastically finished off his meal. Normally this would be the time when he would playback the past few days' events in his mind, but he had retold the story so many times that it no longer seemed necessary. Instead he simply decided to be glad that the charm effect had not lasted so long as he may have feared. He remembered how Mushroom had lowered his head and whimpered when the spell wore off, presumably in regret for having attacked him at the fey's direction. To Hawke's amusement though, it didn't take him long to get over it. He never let anything bother him for too long.

Hawke envied that about his badger companion.

Mushroom finished off his meal and then turned to Hawke, expectantly. "Ready?" he asked, petting him as he stood up. To any other party member currently present in the tent, he says "I'm gonna go for a walk. I'll catch up at midday."

Hawke and Mushroom leave the tent and set out to find Udara.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So basically, Hawke will want to find and talk to Udara like he had promised her before. I imagine that this is happening the morning before the midday meeting, but I suppose it could have happened anytime he had time during the past few days.

Spoiler: Spell List for the Day
    Show
    -Entangle (1)
    -Summon Nature's Ally I (1)

Spoiler: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Show
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ \\('0')// ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES!
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Once she's satisfied that the battle is currently over, Aerin will seek aid with her injuries, particularly her ongoing clumsiness problem.

Other than that, she'll remain alert for any sign of further trouble. If anyone, in the party or outside, asks her about what happened, she'll answer bluntly. When the Preceptor's request arrives, she heads promptly to his tent.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rowan makes sure that his companions are more alive than dead, especially restoring the fine motor control poison had stolen from Aerin.

If he's questioned, Rowan answers honestly, but stresses that the Duchess wasn't the only conspirator. However, his only evidence for this is that a dead Cleric had told him so.

Otherwise, he does what he does best, and cares for those lucky enough not to be among the thirty-four dead. In particular, he keeps tabs on those whose lives had required more magical intervention than most to keep- Captain Macrul and the elf Syanadh.

When he's not needed, Rowan seeks to buy a few things that would make his life easier. Not really likely to be found in an imperial encampment but...trying wasn't bad.

Spoiler: Attempt at shopping
    Show

1.) a backpack, since Rowan used his means of carrying items to make a stink bomb. (2gp, 2lbs)
    2.) two platinum rings, expensive material component for being able to cast shield other. total 100gp.

6. - Top - End - #6

After enduring the questions, employing only the tersest of responses, Relik will spend most of his time either with Mushroom (and Hawke as well) or with some of the camp soldiers. Though never really at ease within the camp, he does enjoy some level of camaraderie with the soldiers there.

When the Perceptor's request arrives, Relik is relieved, hoping that this means they will be leaving this place soon, and getting paid too.

Show
    At some point he will also try to get a new length of rope from a quartermaster (or find that tent with his old one, if it hasn't been confiscated already).
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2019-01-27 at 10:38 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Griffon

Springhaven

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Eglantine spent the time after her narrow escape to the temple trying to help out. She used her small ability to heal as directed and helped with more manual labor once that was exhausted. Occasionally she used her tools to help do the sewing of new garments or patching of the old.

Every time Sister Friesd returned from house calls, Eglantine pestered her for information on Vindal and the shop.

She didn't want to express worry, but having not heard from Rowan in so long she was starting to be very concerned. She had never been apart from her brother for so long.

Finally having grown past the point of being able to wait calmly she went looking for Mother Ethanna.
    After Eglantine has proved that she has patience in her soul by waiting in the lobby for an unnecessary long time, Brother Gregor lets her in to the High Cleric's tower. She climbs up the helical stairs up to Mother Ethanna's office and knocks. "Come in. It's good to see you Eglantine", the High Cleric invites her to step into the circular chamber. "...But I sense your mind is not at peace. Tell me, what troubles you?"

Gastaraa Plains

Quote Originally Posted by Table Flipper View Post
    Hawke watched silently as Mushroom enthusiastically finished off his meal. Normally this would be the time when he would playback the past few days' events in his mind, but he had retold the story so many times that it no longer seemed necessary. Instead he simply decided to be glad that the charm effect had not lasted so long as he may have feared. He remembered how Mushroom had lowered his head and whimpered when the spell wore off, presumably in regret for having attacked him at the fey's direction. To Hawke's amusement though, it didn't take him long to get over it. He never let anything bother him for too long.

Hawke envied that about his badger companion.

Mushroom finished off his meal and then turned to Hawke, expectantly. "Ready?" he asked, petting him as he stood up. To any other party member currently present in the tent, he says "I'm gonna go for a walk. I'll catch up at midday."

Hawke and Mushroom leave the tent and set out to find Udara.

Show
    So basically, Hawke will want to find and talk to Udara like he had promised her before. I imagine that this is happening the morning before the midday meeting, but I suppose it could have happened anytime he had time during the past few days.

Spoiler: Spell List for the Day
    Show
    -Entangle (1)
    -Summon Nature's Ally I (1)
    Hawke asks around and finds his way to where Udara is staying. He notices the flag of Havet, a warship in a storm, flying under the empire's winged sun on top of her squad's tent. There's also a third flag which has a more complicated design, probably the personal crest of some noble family. It looks vaguely familiar, but he can't name who exactly it belongs to. Not the man he angered though, he's quite sure of that.

Udara runs to greet Hawke as soon as she notices him. "Brother! Good to see you're alright. I went to see the fallen yesterday and thank the gods you weren't among them. Would've been a sorry tale to tell Ma!" She has a partly healed tear with a bruise under it on her forehead herself, but looks to be otherwise alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Once she's satisfied that the battle is currently over, Aerin will seek aid with her injuries, particularly her ongoing clumsiness problem.

Other than that, she'll remain alert for any sign of further trouble. If anyone, in the party or outside, asks her about what happened, she'll answer bluntly. When the Preceptor's request arrives, she heads promptly to his tent.
    A cleric is called to remove the stiffness from Aerin on the day after the battle, and see to any other injuries the party might still have. The man introduces himself as Calus Heren, Third Overseer of the Noble God Eskin. He speaks to Aerin and the others in a proud condescending tone that communicates that he considers this healing business to be totally beneath him, especially since the recipients have no official rank whatsover.

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Rowan makes sure that his companions are more alive than dead, especially restoring the fine motor control poison had stolen from Aerin.
    Despite his arrogant attitude towards the task, the Overseer seems annoyed that Rowan has done most of it for him, and treats the young healer with particular coldness.

If he's questioned, Rowan answers honestly, but stresses that the Duchess wasn't the only conspirator. However, his only evidence for this is that a dead Cleric had told him so.

Otherwise, he does what he does best, and cares for those lucky enough not to be among the thirty-four dead. In particular, he keeps tabs on those whose lives had required more magical intervention than most to keep- Captain Macrul and the elf Syanadh.

When he's not needed, Rowan seeks to buy a few things that would make his life easier. Not really likely to be found in an imperial encampment but...trying wasn't bad.
    The healers taking care of the wounded in a promptly establish infirmary welcome Rowan's help much more warmly. They are mostly followers of Moelga with her emblem the grinning sun embroidered on the front of their robes. There's also one priest of Iszyl, the Goddess of Death, but he's more occupied by preparing the bodies of the dead for the funeral than healing the living, though he occasionally provides assistance when asked.

Commander Macrul, who should be thankful to not be scheduled to attend his own funeral, recovers quickly once all his wounds are healed, though the clerics advise him to take it easy for a few days. He thanks Rowan, a bit stiffly like soldiers are wont to but he seems genuinely thankful, then returns to his duties.

Syanadh however, is still pale in addition for the extensive scarring to the head and chest, and is ordered strict bed rest at the infirmary even after they appear to be completely healed. After hearing the details of the events, Moelga's clerics call Syanadh being alive a 'miracle indeed' and look at Rowan with new respect.

"Do you have a moment?", the elf asks Rowan on the second morning, when the latter has dropped by the infirmary to check on things, a few hours before he's due to meet the Preceptor.

Show
    You can make a Religion check for more information about Eskin, Moelga and Iszyl (separate checks), if you would like. Anyone can try this, untrained is allowed.

Spoiler: Attempt at shopping
    Show

1.) a backpack, since Rowan used his means of carrying items to make a stink bomb. (2gp, 2lbs)
    2.) two platinum rings, expensive material component for being able to cast shield other. total 100gp.
    The clerics sell Rowan the rings for a price of 90 gold. A new backpack he easily acquires from the quartermaster for 2 gold and 1 silver.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCatBeard View Post
    After enduring the questions, employing only the tersest of responses, Relik will spend most of his time either with Mushroom (and Hawke as well) or with some of the camp soldiers. Though never really at ease within the camp, he does enjoy some level of camaraderie with the soldiers there.

When the Perceptor's request arrives, Relik is relieved, hoping that this means they will be leaving this place soon, and getting paid too.

Show
    At some point he will also try to get a new length of rope from a quartermaster (or find that tent with his old one, if it hasn't been confiscated already).
    Relik finds his old rope still lying in the wreckage of the collapsed tent. It still looks serviceable.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Springhaven

After Eglantine has proved that she has patience in her soul by waiting in the lobby for an unnecessary long time, Brother Gregor lets her in to the High Cleric's tower. She climbs up the helical stairs up to Mother Ethanna's office and knocks. "Come in. It's good to see you Eglantine", the High Cleric invites her to step into the circular chamber. "...But I sense your mind is not at peace. Tell me, what troubles you?"
    "It's Rowan. I haven't heard from him and I can't reach him and I don't know if Vindal's okay and I am just an apprentice and the Duchess wants to kill me and I didn't want this I really didn't I wanted a small shop and just-" Eglantine's words stumbled over each other as she tried to get the thoughts out in any sensible order.

9. - Top - End - #9

"Hey sis." Hawke smiles and gives her a pat on the shoulder. "Glad to see you're okay too. Fey are an unpredictable bunch, and that tree..." Hawke smile drops to a more serious expression. "But anyway, how have you been? Before recent events I mean. How's Ma? How's... Father? How have things been since I... left?" As Hawke speaks, he takes a quick glance around.

Show
    Since Hawke is, as we've established, still not welcome back home, I'd like to roll a spot check to see if there's anyone near by who Hawke would rather not hear the conversation.

Spot: (1d20+6)[26]

Also, I'll join the religion checks.

Eskin: (1d20+1)[7]
    Moelga: (1d20+1)[21]
    Iszyl: (1d20+1)[14]

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Syanadh however, is still pale in addition for the extensive scarring to the head and chest, and is ordered strict bed rest at the infirmary even after they appear to be completely healed. After hearing the details of the events, Moelga's clerics call Syanadh being alive a 'miracle indeed' and look at Rowan with new respect.

"Do you have a moment?", the elf asks Rowan on the second morning, when the latter has dropped by the infirmary to check on things, a few hours before he's due to meet the Preceptor.
    A miracle- maybe. Rowan still isn't entirely sure he'd done the right thing, keeping Syanadh alive. "Yes, of course. What do you need?" He sits so that he's not looking down at the elf.
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2019-01-29 at 12:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Griffon

Springhaven

"It's Rowan. I haven't heard from him and I can't reach him and I don't know if Vindal's okay and I am just an apprentice and the Duchess wants to kill me and I didn't want this I really didn't I wanted a small shop and just-" Eglantine's words stumbled over each other as she tried to get the thoughts out in any sensible order.
    "We are at the beginning of tumultuous times, I fear our peaceful days may be over." The High Cleric smiles tiredly. "I realise that is not much comfort. But about Rowan- please have a seat", she directs Eggy to take one of the chairs placed at the side of the room and bring it closer to her desk. "About Rowan, he's only been gone a couple of nights, I'm sure he'll be back. He's accompanying some able people, and he's not powerless himself either. I wouldn't have asked him to go if I didn't trust that he'd come back."

Gastaraa Plains

"Hey sis." Hawke smiles and gives her a pat on the shoulder. "Glad to see you're okay too. Fey are an unpredictable bunch, and that tree..." Hawke smile drops to a more serious expression. "But anyway, how have you been? Before recent events I mean. How's Ma? How's... Father? How have things been since I... left?" As Hawke speaks, he takes a quick glance around.

Show
    Since Hawke is, as we've established, still not welcome back home, I'd like to roll a spot check to see if there's anyone near by who Hawke would rather not hear the conversation.

Spot: [roll0]

Also, I'll join the religion checks.

Eskin: [roll1]
    Moelga: [roll2]
    Iszyl: [roll3]
    Hawke doesn't see anyone pay much attention to their conversation. A few soldiers are around, but they're focused on a game of dice.

Udara's expression turns serious as well."Ma's well, money's scarce, but the families stick together as always, the Patebas' and Ulanti's help her out when she has a bad catch on the sea. And she returns the favour when my money gets delivered. I have decent pay now! I send some to her, but really, I hope I can move her to one of the cities eventually. If she'll agree... But", Udara looks away, "I'm sorry, Horatio. Da's gone. He didn't survive the winter after you left. It was a cold one and he was still recovering and had to stay still and then he started coughing and it just wouldn't stop. We tried, we tried every remedy we knew, but it was winter and we couldn't even get all the ingredients", she shakes her head, "I'm sorry, brother."

A miracle- maybe. Rowan still isn't entirely sure he'd done the right thing, keeping Syanadh alive. "Yes, of course. What do you need?" He sits so that he's not looking down at the elf.
    "Well, er...", Syanadh hesitates, looking for the right words, "I uh.. understand I've got a lot to thank you for, saving my life actually", absentmindedly the elf brushes the scar on their face, "So thank you. Or your goddess. Or both of you. Sorry, not really sure how it works with these things with divine powers involved. Anyway, I was wondering if you could... tell me a little more about Illyrie? I must admit I don't really know much to begin with, just that she's the Lady of Peace, right? It's just that, back there after that tree had knocked me down, I had this... wouldn't really call it a vision, more like a feeling, of- damn I don't really know how to describe it. Of deep calm, or something like that. Does that make any sense to you?"

12. - Top - End - #12

Springhaven

"We are at the beginning of tumultuous times, I fear our peaceful days may be over." The High Cleric smiles tiredly. "I realise that is not much comfort. But about Rowan- please have a seat", she directs Eggy to take one of the chairs placed at the side of the room and bring it closer to her desk. "About Rowan, he's only been gone a couple of nights, I'm sure he'll be back. He's accompanying some able people, and he's not powerless himself either. I wouldn't have asked him to go if I didn't trust that he'd come back."
    "No offense, but are we speaking of the same boy? The one who got himself arrested the other day? The one that cried for two days when he saw a cat eat a bird once? He is my little brother. And I promised to protect him and I am trapped here and he is gods know where and I failed."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Well, er...", Syanadh hesitates, looking for the right words, "I uh.. understand I've got a lot to thank you for, saving my life actually", absentmindedly the elf brushes the scar on their face, "So thank you. Or your goddess. Or both of you. Sorry, not really sure how it works with these things with divine powers involved. Anyway, I was wondering if you could... tell me a little more about Illyrie? I must admit I don't really know much to begin with, just that she's the Lady of Peace, right? It's just that, back there after that tree had knocked me down, I had this... wouldn't really call it a vision, more like a feeling, of- damn I don't really know how to describe it. Of deep calm, or something like that. Does that make any sense to you?"
    Rowan nods, incredibly relieved that Syanadh doesn't seem upset or in terrible pain from his actions. "That makes sense, actually. You had an awful lot of Her magic keeping you alive, so... I can't say it's normal because the situation really wasn't, but it makes sense that you'd feel something. A lot of people's first experience with the Lady of Peace is like that- calm when the world's gone mad. Mine was, anyway." He rubs the edge of the holy symbol pinned to his cloak and smiles. "What do you want to know?" He stays by their side and answers as many of their questions as he can.

14. - Top - End - #14

Hawke doesn't see anyone pay much attention to their conversation. A few soldiers are around, but they're focused on a game of dice.

Udara's expression turns serious as well."Ma's well, money's scarce, but the families stick together as always, the Patebas' and Ulanti's help her out when she has a bad catch on the sea. And she returns the favour when my money gets delivered. I have decent pay now! I send some to her, but really, I hope I can move her to one of the cities eventually. If she'll agree... But", Udara looks away, "I'm sorry, Horatio. Da's gone. He didn't survive the winter after you left. It was a cold one and he was still recovering and had to stay still and then he started coughing and it just wouldn't stop. We tried, we tried every remedy we knew, but it was winter and we couldn't even get all the ingredients", she shakes her head, "I'm sorry, brother."
    "I... see." Hawke pauses for what feels like an eternity as he attempts to fight the moisture building in his eyes. "I truly did fail that day then. I failed... and then I left the rest of you to clean up the mess. I'm so... sorry."

Sensing his best friend's anguish, Mushroom climbs his way onto Hawke's shoulder and buries his nose into Hawke's face.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

15. - Top - End - #15

Griffon

"No offense, but are we speaking of the same boy? The one who got himself arrested the other day? The one that cried for two days when he saw a cat eat a bird once? He is my little brother. And I promised to protect him and I am trapped here and he is gods know where and I failed."
    "I admit he is a little... naive at times, but he has a good heart and I wonder if that innocent look on life might be why he is in our Lady's favour. I realise you will probably always see him as your little brother, and there is no harm in that, but I also believe he has an important destiny ahead of him. I hope he will rise to the challenge."

"Speaking of challenges, I know I promised you could stay here as long as it is necessary, and I won't go back on my word. However, the City Guard sent a messenger here this morning, demanding that both you and Minister Akiba be handed over to them for questioning. I refused, referring to our ancient custom to provide sanctuary and old treaties giving us the right to act how we see fit to keep the peace. But I fear they will be back. We should make a plan of what to do should they force the issue."

Spoiler: Reminder
    Show
    Lamath Akiba is the Minister of Defense, who you caught in the castle after fighting Morderca. He confessed being involved in the conspiracy and he is currently held in the Room of Tranquility in Illyrie's temple.

Rowan nods, incredibly relieved that Syanadh doesn't seem upset or in terrible pain from his actions. "That makes sense, actually. You had an awful lot of Her magic keeping you alive, so... I can't say it's normal because the situation really wasn't, but it makes sense that you'd feel something. A lot of people's first experience with the Lady of Peace is like that- calm when the world's gone mad. Mine was, anyway." He rubs the edge of the holy symbol pinned to his cloak and smiles. "What do you want to know?" He stays by their side and answers as many of their questions as he can.
    Rowan spends a full hour or so talking about Illyrie and her teachings. Syanadh looks thoughtful, pondering what they learned. "Thank you, I won't keep you longer. But I'd like to speak to you again, if that's alright? And if you can, could you try convincing those Sun priests to let me leave? They keep insisting I need rest, but I feel fine. A bit... strange, though I can't explain how, save for the scarring and slight soreness they can't decide what could be wrong with me." The elf touches the face scars again and a wan grimace rises to their lips. The skin on the left side of Syanadh's face which bears most extensive marks of brutality is stiff and doesn't bend to the same expression as the right side. "I never thought of myself as vain, but... does it look very bad? Those damn clerics have refused to bring over a mirror, claiming they can't find one. Bah!"

"I... see." Hawke pauses for what feels like an eternity as he attempts to fight the moisture building in his eyes. "I truly did fail that day then. I failed... and then I left the rest of you to clean up the mess. I'm so... sorry."

Sensing his best friend's anguish, Mushroom climbs his way onto Hawke's shoulder and buries his nose into Hawke's face.
    "Brother, it's alright...", Udara steps closer to give Hawke a hug, trying to watch out for Mushroom. "We knew you had to run. Not knowing what became of you was tough for Ma though, she went to see the old seer on Shrimp Cliff, the spring after Da had... died, and she claimed you were alive. Tha' gave us comfort. And we prayed for Stormsoul to watch over you if you had gone to sea and I prayed to Mistress of Fate that we might meet again someday. It's been a while though, I'd almost given up hope... But-" She takes a step back and fixes her eyes on Hawke. "What really happened Horatio? They claimed-", she lowers her voice, "that you had stolen from the Navy and attacked one of the commanders. And for that you were either to hang or be sent to the salt fields!"

Spoiler: Hawke
    Show
    Stormsoul is another name for Susaeren, goddess of Sea and Storms, the main deity worshipped by the common people of Havet.

You can roll Religion to see if you know the other entity she refers to.

Salt fields actually refers to a long beach circling a cove of particularly salty water (aptly named Salt Cove) in western Havet. It's a desolate place, except for the sea salt harvesting, and most of the workers are criminals, exiles or other 'unwanted' people.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rowan spends a full hour or so talking about Illyrie and her teachings. Syanadh looks thoughtful, pondering what they learned. "Thank you, I won't keep you longer. But I'd like to speak to you again, if that's alright? And if you can, could you try convincing those Sun priests to let me leave? They keep insisting I need rest, but I feel fine. A bit... strange, though I can't explain how, save for the scarring and slight soreness they can't decide what could be wrong with me." The elf touches the face scars again and a wan grimace rises to their lips. The skin on the left side of Syanadh's face which bears most extensive marks of brutality is stiff and doesn't bend to the same expression as the right side. "I never thought of myself as vain, but... does it look very bad? Those damn clerics have refused to bring over a mirror, claiming they can't find one. Bah!"
    Rowan studies them for a moment, mentally comparing the scarring to the face he'd, at best, only glimpsed before. "I actually don't have a mirror either. For real! Don't have one at home either. But I'm not going to lie to you. It's not the worst I've seen," After all, he'd melted the remnants of a face off that dead guy, he was pretty sure that counted as the worst. Or maybe Syanadh themselves before their head was back together. "But there's a lot of scarring. You'll probably never look much like you used to."
    He shifts uncomfortably. "Sorry."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

May I get a heal check? To see if Syanadh is recovered enough to leave. Yes the Sun Clerics say they're not but... Rowan would want to see for himself.
    (1d20+16)[33]

17. - Top - End - #17

"I admit he is a little... naive at times, but he has a good heart and I wonder if that innocent look on life might be why he is in our Lady's favour. I realise you will probably always see him as your little brother, and there is no harm in that, but I also believe he has an important destiny ahead of him. I hope he will rise to the challenge."

"Speaking of challenges, I know I promised you could stay here as long as it is necessary, and I won't go back on my word. However, the City Guard sent a messenger here this morning, demanding that both you and Minister Akiba be handed over to them for questioning. I refused, referring to our ancient custom to provide sanctuary and old treaties giving us the right to act how we see fit to keep the peace. But I fear they will be back. We should make a plan of what to do should they force the issue."

Spoiler: Reminder
    Show
    Lamath Akiba is the Minister of Defense, who you caught in the castle after fighting Morderca. He confessed being involved in the conspiracy and he is currently held in the Room of Tranquility in Illyrie's temple.
    "I would suggest not handing him over. He was part of the plot and I suspect they look to use this to free him to escape. Do you have a way of reaching Rowan? If we can inform him so when he reaches the Emperor, well if anyone believes him...."

Eglantine paused in thought, her face covered in concern. "My fear is if the guards bring violence with them. I do not believe the creatures we fought in the castle respect Illyrie's Peace." Truth be told Eglantine was struggling with respecting it as well. She had taken to cleaning to burn off energy. Her concern turned to fear. "Speaking of the creatures. I do not know if they came from the sewers or burrowed into the castle from below. What if they break in here?"

18. - Top - End - #18

"Brother, it's alright...", Udara steps closer to give Hawke a hug, trying to watch out for Mushroom. "We knew you had to run. Not knowing what became of you was tough for Ma though, she went to see the old seer on Shrimp Cliff, the spring after Da had... died, and she claimed you were alive. Tha' gave us comfort. And we prayed for Stormsoul to watch over you if you had gone to sea and I prayed to Mistress of Fate that we might meet again someday. It's been a while though, I'd almost given up hope... But-" She takes a step back and fixes her eyes on Hawke. "What really happened Horatio? They claimed-", she lowers her voice, "that you had stolen from the Navy and attacked one of the commanders. And for that you were either to hang or be sent to the salt fields!"

Show
    Stormsoul is another name for Susaeren, goddess of Sea and Storms, the main deity worshipped by the common people of Havet.

You can roll Religion to see if you know the other entity she refers to.

Salt fields actually refers to a long beach circling a cove of particularly salty water (aptly named Salt Cove) in western Havet. It's a desolate place, except for the sea salt harvesting, and most of the workers are criminals, exiles or other 'unwanted' people.
    Hawke returns the hug, and then wipes some moisture from his eyes and takes several moments to compose himself before replying (in a quiet voice, of course). "Blasted hypocrites. They stole so much from us, it was no wonder we had no medical supplies to help Father recover from his injury. So... I decided to take some back. They had so much, they likely wouldn't have even noticed it missing, if I hadn't been caught by Galadhon and that smug, self-aggrandizing attitude of his."

Hawke sighs. "He said that Father deserved what he got. In reply, I threw the potion I had in my hand at him. I wasn't thinking clearly, but that probably gave me the opening that allowed me to escape at all. And so I did, and I knew I couldn't go back home and bring their wrath down upon the rest of you."

Hawke's gaze shifts vaguely to the sky. "And so I left. I suppose I should thank Stormsoul that they didn't go after you all anyway. I just regret that I failed to do more. Maybe I could have done things differently, somehow."

Hawke stops talking in order to focus on maintaining his composure.

Show
    As you mentioned, Knowledge Religion: (1d20+1)[18]

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

19. - Top - End - #19

Griffon

Rowan studies them for a moment, mentally comparing the scarring to the face he'd, at best, only glimpsed before. "I actually don't have a mirror either. For real! Don't have one at home either. But I'm not going to lie to you. It's not the worst I've seen," After all, he'd melted the remnants of a face off that dead guy, he was pretty sure that counted as the worst. Or maybe Syanadh themselves before their head was back together. "But there's a lot of scarring. You'll probably never look much like you used to."
    He shifts uncomfortably. "Sorry."

Show

May I get a heal check? To see if Syanadh is recovered enough to leave. Yes the Sun Clerics say they're not but... Rowan would want to see for himself.
    [roll0]
    "Yeah, figured as much", the elf replies and sighs. Rowan does a general check up, and finds nothing specifically wrong with Syanadh. They're a little pale, but otherwise seem to be well, the magical healing having fixed everything that was broken, save for the scarring. Still, Rowan understands the clerics' concern; people that are subjected to intense magic can occasionally manifest unpredictable symptoms later. Physically though, the elven guard is fit as a fiddle.

Spoiler: Rowan
    Show
    Spellcraft or Knowledge: Religion or Arcana might give some insight to what to expect, if anything.

"I would suggest not handing him over. He was part of the plot and I suspect they look to use this to free him to escape. Do you have a way of reaching Rowan? If we can inform him so when he reaches the Emperor, well if anyone believes him...."
    "I'm afraid not. Sending, a spell that allows brief messages over long distances, seems unable to reach anyone outside our duchy at this time. Which in itself tells us two things, one that Rowan has left Springhaven, to southern Bestren if the Preceptor's traveling plan did not change. The other fact is that something is blocking Sending, perhaps other spells as well, as this is certainly not normal. I suspect someone has activated some of the old wards in this country, made by fey that once dwelt here. They have been long forgotten by most, but the old texts and legends claim they possess great powers."

Eglantine paused in thought, her face covered in concern. "My fear is if the guards bring violence with them. I do not believe the creatures we fought in the castle respect Illyrie's Peace." Truth be told Eglantine was struggling with respecting it as well. She had taken to cleaning to burn off energy. Her concern turned to fear. "Speaking of the creatures. I do not know if they came from the sewers or burrowed into the castle from below. What if they break in here?"
    "That I can promise you is unlikely. Our temple also dates back to this ancient period and has its own wards that protect us from such intrusion. The City Guard is another matter however. I don't know if they're so brazen they would dare trying to storm the place through the front door, but they could keep us all from leaving and prevent anyone else from entering, and that would put a lot of people that rely on our support in trouble." She spreads her hands. "I've been trying to think where we could relocate you and the Minister, and maybe the noble Belgrades as well. But short of leaving the capital I can't think of anything else than maybe Sheirin's shrine. They're not as old as we are, and don't have the same protections. But if the Guard didn't know to look for you there it could be a safer option. Although, I'm not sure if they would agree to keep the Minister prisoner. The Sheirinites are... peculiar."

Spoiler: Egalntine
    Show
    A Religion check could tell you about Sheirin, if you're interested.

Hawke returns the hug, and then wipes some moisture from his eyes and takes several moments to compose himself before replying (in a quiet voice, of course). "Blasted hypocrites. They stole so much from us, it was no wonder we had no medical supplies to help Father recover from his injury. So... I decided to take some back. They had so much, they likely wouldn't have even noticed it missing, if I hadn't been caught by Galadhon and that smug, self-aggrandizing attitude of his."

Hawke sighs. "He said that Father deserved what he got. In reply, I threw the potion I had in my hand at him. I wasn't thinking clearly, but that probably gave me the opening that allowed me to escape at all. And so I did, and I knew I couldn't go back home and bring their wrath down upon the rest of you."

Hawke's gaze shifts vaguely to the sky. "And so I left. I suppose I should thank Stormsoul that they didn't go after you all anyway. I just regret that I failed to do more. Maybe I could have done things differently, somehow."

Hawke stops talking in order to focus on maintaining his composure.

Show
    As you mentioned, Knowledge Religion: [roll0]
    Udara grips Hawke's shoulder, her mouth a thin line. "We thought it must have been something like that. They're too proud to lie outright, but twisting the facts is fair game apparently. We were watched for some time, but eventually they gave up after realising we really weren't hiding you in the boatshed. You should know, Galadhon got appointed Governor last year", she makes a face, "He's as awful as you could imagine, if not worse. I'm glad I got to leave. I enlisted in Commodor Fyrhamn's fleet two years ago; he's a good man, despite being and officer and a noble."

Show
    Governor is basically the sovereign of Havet, like a non-hereditary kingship. Only army officers have ever been appointed for the position.

20. - Top - End - #20

"I'm afraid not. Sending, a spell that allows brief messages over long distances, seems unable to reach anyone outside our duchy at this time. Which in itself tells us two things, one that Rowan has left Springhaven, to southern Bestren if the Preceptor's traveling plan did not change. The other fact is that something is blocking Sending, perhaps other spells as well, as this is certainly not normal. I suspect someone has activated some of the old wards in this country, made by fey that once dwelt here. They have been long forgotten by most, but the old texts and legends claim they possess great powers."

"That I can promise you is unlikely. Our temple also dates back to this ancient period and has its own wards that protect us from such intrusion. The City Guard is another matter however. I don't know if they're so brazen they would dare trying to storm the place through the front door, but they could keep us all from leaving and prevent anyone else from entering, and that would put a lot of people that rely on our support in trouble." She spreads her hands. "I've been trying to think where we could relocate you and the Minister, and maybe the noble Belgrades as well. But short of leaving the capital I can't think of anything else than maybe Sheirin's shrine. They're not as old as we are, and don't have the same protections. But if the Guard didn't know to look for you there it could be a safer option. Although, I'm not sure if they would agree to keep the Minister prisoner. The Sheirinites are... peculiar."

Spoiler: Egalntine
    Show
    A Religion check could tell you about Sheirin, if you're interested.

"Then send someone to Vindal. We sell small tokens that allow messages to be carried a long ways. I will pay for it, I swear. I don't want to leave here, not if Rowan is going to come back."

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    Could you roll, no access to sheet at current location

21. - Top - End - #21

"Well, that's a surprise," Hawke says in a tone that was more annoyed than actually surprised. "No bad deed goes unrewarded amongst their lot. Still, I'm glad to hear you're happy with your enlistment. Mother though... Maybe... maybe I can provide some aid in that regard. You said you send her money sometimes, right?"

Hawke glances around again before discreetly putting 70 gold into a bag and offering it to Udara. "I'm not sure how much it would cost to move her elsewhere, but hopefully this helps with that, or at least makes her current situation more comfortable."

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

22. - Top - End - #22

Griffon

"Then send someone to Vindal. We sell small tokens that allow messages to be carried a long ways. I will pay for it, I swear. I don't want to leave here, not if Rowan is going to come back."

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    Could you roll, no access to sheet at current location
    "I will. And try to do so discreetly if possible, though I fear master Ebon's shop might also be watched. But I'll see what I can do."

There is a knock on the door. "Please enter", Ethanna replies and Brother Gregor steps in. After he has bowed to the High Cleric, he turns to Eglantine. "There's a young man in the lobby, asking to see you. Says his name is Iver Dhan and that you know him. Looked agitated, but who doesn't these days?" Brother Gregor scoffs.

Spoiler: Eglantine
    Show
    Reminder: Iver is Eggy and Rowan's upstairs neighbour in Ms Mellow's boarding house. He's renting the overpriced attic room. He's a half-elf, and as far Eggy knows he used to be a wandering poet and bard. She last saw him the morning Rowan left.

Spoiler: Sheirin
    Show
    The god of the dead and forgotten, Sheirin is both revered and scorned. The wealthy and prestigious rarely care for The Friend of Beggars and Outcasts, but the less fortunate are often less condescending and turn to him and his clerics for aid. Sheirin's clergy teaches understanding and forgiveness, and try to offer hope even to those that feel most lost. Some other gods like to mock Sheirin for his compassionate and refusal to bear grudges even when faced with injustice, and followers of other deities occasionally mock the followers of Sheirin saying 'he takes even the scraps other gods even don't care to hate'. Some of this sentiment is perhaps true, as Sheirin is often worshipped by outcasts, outlaws, beggars and other people that don't feel part of the society, however, underestimating these people and their god may not always prove wise.

It is said that in the ancient times Sheirin grew to pity the many souls who were neither accepted or claimed by any of the other gods, and were left to a sad fate to wander the nothingness alone for eons if they didn't find their way to reincarnation, and more often than not they became easy prey for greedy entities to exploit. With the help of his twin sister Melkin, goddess of Spring, Sheirin created the Garden of Souls, a resting place for all who have no other place after death, from where no one is to be turned away.

Temples for Sheirin are usually simple and practical buildings, but welcoming places for quiet contemplation and a sanctuary from persecution. His clerics generally establish enough hierarchy to keep things working smoothly, but even those higher up in rank are expected to get their hands dirty and do their part in the service of the Patient God.

Sheirin's nicknames include The Compassionate/Patient God, Friend of Beggars (and Outcasts) and Lord of the Lost/Forgotten Souls.
    His symbol is a simple collection of lines that intersect in the middle.

"Well, that's a surprise," Hawke says in a tone that was more annoyed than actually surprised. "No bad deed goes unrewarded amongst their lot. Still, I'm glad to hear you're happy with your enlistment. Mother though... Maybe... maybe I can provide some aid in that regard. You said you send her money sometimes, right?"

Hawke glances around again before discreetly putting 70 gold into a bag and offering it to Udara. "I'm not sure how much it would cost to move her elsewhere, but hopefully this helps with that, or at least makes her current situation more comfortable."
    "Horatio!", Udara exclaims, then lowers her voice "That- are you sure you can afford that? It would certainly help but...", she looks at him with some suspicion, "How'd you come by that much? You're not... involved in anything illegal or dangerous, are you?" She sighs. "You're risking your neck again, aren't you? You mentioned you were caught up in some plot or something?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Yeah, figured as much", the elf replies and sighs. Rowan does a general check up, and finds nothing specifically wrong with Syanadh. They're a little pale, but otherwise seem to be well, the magical healing having fixed everything that was broken, save for the scarring. Still, Rowan understands the clerics' concern; people that are subjected to intense magic can occasionally manifest unpredictable symptoms later. Physically though, the elven guard is fit as a fiddle.

Spoiler: Rowan
    Show
    Spellcraft or Knowledge: Religion or Arcana might give some insight to what to expect, if anything.
    "I'd really like to get you out of here, but the clerics are right- sometimes odd things can happen after a close brush with death. For example, some spells might think you're undead- the Autumn Lady's followers in particular might not be happy with that." He sighs. "I know it's hard to sit still, but think- it's just a few more days."

And just to be sure- after all, Iszyl's cleric was around here somewhere- Rowan whispers a quick prayer and his eyes glaze over with a dull bluish-white film, like a fish that's been sitting at the market too long.

Show

Casting deathwatch and checking Syanadh. Unduly paranoid? Yes. Possibly useful? Also yes. Lasts 70 minutes.

24. - Top - End - #24

Hawke nods, still holding out the bag of money. "I can afford it, I promise. I also promise you that I'm not involved with any shady people or organizations, if that's what you're asking. As for the plot..." he shrugs and grimaces. "Well, you got me there, but in my defense it wasn't by choice. Some honest, temporary work as a guard in Springhaven found me in a castle full of dragonkin unleashed by the same Duchess who caused the recent trouble here."

"Anyway, for all the horrors that her plot has caused, it has given me the chance to see you again, and the chance to offer some assistance that until now I have failed to offer."

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

25. - Top - End - #25

"I will. And try to do so discreetly if possible, though I fear master Ebon's shop might also be watched. But I'll see what I can do."

There is a knock on the door. "Please enter", Ethanna replies and Brother Gregor steps in. After he has bowed to the High Cleric, he turns to Eglantine. "There's a young man in the lobby, asking to see you. Says his name is Iver Dhan and that you know him. Looked agitated, but who doesn't these days?" Brother Gregor scoffs.

Spoiler: Eglantine
    Show
    Reminder: Iver is Eggy and Rowan's upstairs neighbour in Ms Mellow's boarding house. He's renting the overpriced attic room. He's a half-elf, and as far Eggy knows he used to be a wandering poet and bard. She last saw him the morning Rowan left.

Spoiler: Sheirin
    Show
    The god of the dead and forgotten, Sheirin is both revered and scorned. The wealthy and prestigious rarely care for The Friend of Beggars and Outcasts, but the less fortunate are often less condescending and turn to him and his clerics for aid. Sheirin's clergy teaches understanding and forgiveness, and try to offer hope even to those that feel most lost. Some other gods like to mock Sheirin for his compassionate and refusal to bear grudges even when faced with injustice, and followers of other deities occasionally mock the followers of Sheirin saying 'he takes even the scraps other gods even don't care to hate'. Some of this sentiment is perhaps true, as Sheirin is often worshipped by outcasts, outlaws, beggars and other people that don't feel part of the society, however, underestimating these people and their god may not always prove wise.

It is said that in the ancient times Sheirin grew to pity the many souls who were neither accepted or claimed by any of the other gods, and were left to a sad fate to wander the nothingness alone for eons if they didn't find their way to reincarnation, and more often than not they became easy prey for greedy entities to exploit. With the help of his twin sister Melkin, goddess of Spring, Sheirin created the Garden of Souls, a resting place for all who have no other place after death, from where no one is to be turned away.

Temples for Sheirin are usually simple and practical buildings, but welcoming places for quiet contemplation and a sanctuary from persecution. His clerics generally establish enough hierarchy to keep things working smoothly, but even those higher up in rank are expected to get their hands dirty and do their part in the service of the Patient God.

Sheirin's nicknames include The Compassionate/Patient God, Friend of Beggars (and Outcasts) and Lord of the Lost/Forgotten Souls.
    His symbol is a simple collection of lines that intersect in the middle.
    "He's my neighbor. A poet? I don't know everyone mostly keeps to themselves. If he is worried I bet that witch of a landlady let folks into our room again. Mother Ethanna, I will consider your proposal even if just for myself. I really should see what Iver has to say."

Spoiler: CWater
    Show
    She will go wherever needed to talk to Iver

26. - Top - End - #26

Griffon

"I'd really like to get you out of here, but the clerics are right- sometimes odd things can happen after a close brush with death. For example, some spells might think you're undead- the Autumn Lady's followers in particular might not be happy with that." He sighs. "I know it's hard to sit still, but think- it's just a few more days."

And just to be sure- after all, Iszyl's cleric was around here somewhere- Rowan whispers a quick prayer and his eyes glaze over with a dull bluish-white film, like a fish that's been sitting at the market too long.

Show

Casting deathwatch and checking Syanadh. Unduly paranoid? Yes. Possibly useful? Also yes. Lasts 70 minutes.

"Undead? I hope you jest!", Syanadh replies nervously.

Spoiler: Rowan ONLY
    Show
    Syanadh doesn't ping as dead or undead by the spell. However, it registers them as alarmingly wounded and dying, even though Rowan just confirmed the elf is quite healthy.

Hawke nods, still holding out the bag of money. "I can afford it, I promise. I also promise you that I'm not involved with any shady people or organizations, if that's what you're asking. As for the plot..." he shrugs and grimaces. "Well, you got me there, but in my defense it wasn't by choice. Some honest, temporary work as a guard in Springhaven found me in a castle full of dragonkin unleashed by the same Duchess who caused the recent trouble here."

"Anyway, for all the horrors that her plot has caused, it has given me the chance to see you again, and the chance to offer some assistance that until now I have failed to offer."
    "Yeah, it's so good to see you, after so long", Udara smiles. "I'm stuck in this post for now, but you can write to me! The letters never need to reach Havet, better not risk Galadhon hearing that you're alive, although I doubt he could do anything this far. Perhaps the bastard wouldn't even care by now", she adds wistfully, "Anyway, just send the letters by the Imperial post and direct them to the Beacon Regiment, they'll find me then. Promise you won't disappear without a trace again!"

Show
    Damn! I had forgotten about that Knowledge (religion) check! I'd formulated a reply in my head, but just now realised that I hadn't actually posted it! >_<'

Spoiler: Mistress of Fate
    Show
    Mistress of Fate is one of the title's of Virnil, Goddess of Luck and Fate. She is seen as a neutral unemotional figure, who watches the worlds with indifference, except for when something happens to pique her interest. Then she sets up her gameboard and poor are the souls who end up as pawns in her game of solitaire. Occasionally other gods may join in or place bets. While Virnil's Luck is no more bad than good, the high stakes she plays with make most people want to avoid her attention. This is why praying to her is a double-edged sword, you might get what you wish, but have little chance of ever living a quiet life.

Sometimes Virnil gets tired of chance and then she takes up the Quill of Fate and begins writing Edicts that shape the future still in the making. Unlike prophets who makes vague and uncertain predictions about the future, the destinies Virnil chooses almost certainly come true, only few have ever been able to change their fate after she has penned it down.

Virnil's other nicknames include Lady Luck and Writer of Destinies. Her symbol is a smiling and frowning face on opposite sides of a coin.

"He's my neighbor. A poet? I don't know everyone mostly keeps to themselves. If he is worried I bet that witch of a landlady let folks into our room again. Mother Ethanna, I will consider your proposal even if just for myself. I really should see what Iver has to say."

Spoiler: CWater
    Show
    She will go wherever needed to talk to Iver
    Mother Ethanna nods and Brother Gregor escorts Eglantine back to the lobby. Iver is there, fully sober too. "Miss Mata! You were here after all, good", he sounds relieved, "I have a message for you, well kind of..." His voice trails away and he glances at Gregor. The cleric pays no attention to them though, he's gone back to his desk by the door and continues to write in his long scroll. Nevertheless, Iver lowers his voice, "I don't know how to explain this, it's pure chance I'm even here telling this to you. You see, the night before last I heard this odd sound, like something hitting the wall from outside. It was past midnight! I was up after sleeping the whole day, the tournament can be quite tiring. Anyway, I was up and heard the noise and peered out from my window to see who was doing such a thing. I saw a young lad, not much older than your brother, throwing rocks at your window and crying for your brother. I was about to tell him to stop and go away, when he just collapsed." Iver shakes his head. "I didn't know what to do. I didn't know him, but it didn't seem alright to just leave another person like that. I tried knocking on your door but no one answered, so I went out and found the kid. He had a bad stab wound in the stomach and was delirious. I know tiny bit of healing so I stopped the bleeding but he was still in a bad shape. I asked if we should alert the Guard, but he said no. Actually he was really adamant about that. Not knowing what else to do I helped him inside, quietly, you know what Ms Mellow thinks about guests. Gave him my bed, since he was hurt and all. He kept asking for Rowan to fix him, but you clearly weren't home. I waited whole yesterday, but neither of you showed up, just my luck. So today I went looking, since the lad is not better, actually I think he's getting worse, even though the wound's healed and I don't know what to do! He told he doesn't want the Guard nor any clerics other than Rowan, to be honest I think he's rather scared. But something must be done, I don't want a body on my hands and I want my bed back! The floor is hard you know." The half-elf looks almost desperate.

27. - Top - End - #27

Mother Ethanna nods and Brother Gregor escorts Eglantine back to the lobby. Iver is there, fully sober too. "Miss Mata! You were here after all, good", he sounds relieved, "I have a message for you, well kind of..." His voice trails away and he glances at Gregor. The cleric pays no attention to them though, he's gone back to his desk by the door and continues to write in his long scroll. Nevertheless, Iver lowers his voice, "I don't know how to explain this, it's pure chance I'm even here telling this to you. You see, the night before last I heard this odd sound, like something hitting the wall from outside. It was past midnight! I was up after sleeping the whole day, the tournament can be quite tiring. Anyway, I was up and heard the noise and peered out from my window to see who was doing such a thing. I saw a young lad, not much older than your brother, throwing rocks at your window and crying for your brother. I was about to tell him to stop and go away, when he just collapsed." Iver shakes his head. "I didn't know what to do. I didn't know him, but it didn't seem alright to just leave another person like that. I tried knocking on your door but no one answered, so I went out and found the kid. He had a bad stab wound in the stomach and was delirious. I know tiny bit of healing so I stopped the bleeding but he was still in a bad shape. I asked if we should alert the Guard, but he said no. Actually he was really adamant about that. Not knowing what else to do I helped him inside, quietly, you know what Ms Mellow thinks about guests. Gave him my bed, since he was hurt and all. He kept asking for Rowan to fix him, but you clearly weren't home. I waited whole yesterday, but neither of you showed up, just my luck. So today I went looking, since the lad is not better, actually I think he's getting worse, even though the wound's healed and I don't know what to do! He told he doesn't want the Guard nor any clerics other than Rowan, to be honest I think he's rather scared. But something must be done, I don't want a body on my hands and I want my bed back! The floor is hard you know." The half-elf looks almost desperate.
    Eglantine's face pinched more in frustration than anything else. Of course Rowan was taking his sweet time on something that she was firmly certain he would be an utter dead-weight on and she was left here to clean up his messes. Typical.

"Iver, I would love to help but I don't know if you noticed the rather...large Guard presence outside. I can't exactly leave, they know what I look like! I am sure someone from the temple here can go back with you." She looked desperately around for a semi free cleric.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Undead? I hope you jest!", Syanadh replies nervously.

Spoiler: Rowan ONLY
    Show
    Syanadh doesn't ping as dead or undead by the spell. However, it registers them as alarmingly wounded and dying, even though Rowan just confirmed the elf is quite healthy.
    Rowan sighs in relief. "Don't worry, you're definitely alive. I think we'd notice, otherwise. Staying here is a very good idea though, magic seems to think you're in a lot more trouble than you really are." he launches into a rather muddled explanation of auras, even though he doesn't have the firmest grasp on magical theory himself where it doesn't directly deal with keeping people alive. That was Eggy's job.

A few minutes later, he's thoroughly confused himself and sits bolt upright, suddenly aware that he'd been talking to Syanadh for quite a while now. "I'm terribly sorry, but I have to go. There's a meeting. If you're ever in Springhaven, the Temple's quite nice, you'd love Mother Ethanna."

Show

Ready to go see the Preceptor!
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2019-02-19 at 11:23 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Hawke nods. "Beacon Regiment. Got it. Would that I could similarly offer you a forwarding address, but I haven't kept myself settled anywhere long since I left. But don't worry, I promise to keep in touch this time."

Hawke glances at the sky and notices that midday lighting is already setting in. "Ugh... unfortunately I have to see the Preceptor soon." Hawke sets the bag of gold in Udara's hand and gives her another hug. "Love you, sis."

Show
    Unless Udara has anything else of major importance to say, Hawke will start heading off towards the direction of the Preceptors tent. He is also, when out of Udara's sight, going to take a single drink out of his flask, hoping to take the edge off of his emotions regarding his father.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

30. - Top - End - #30

Griffon

Imperial Encampment

Udara accepts the money from Hawke and gives him one last hug before letting him go. The ranger takes a moment to compose himself before heading towards the Preceptor's tent. Similarly, Rowan bids farewell to Syanadh, who looks a bit unhappy at having to stay in the infirmary, but they thank him for stopping to chat. Then he too heads to the scheduled meeting.

The two are joined by Aerin, Relik and Sandra, and all arrive at the tent together. A human servant is waiting outside and shows that they may enter. The tent has been set up for the Preceptor in a hurry, though it's still orderly, if spartanly furnished. Agiloor is inside, studying a map laid out on a table. Captain Avendii stands on the side of the room, looking somewhat bored. She's wearing a blue tunic instead of armour today, and this look brings out how young she really is; hardly much older than Rowan. Both illumians have their letters visible.

There's also a third person in the room, a tall woman is standing by the map with the Preceptor. They both turn when the party comes inn, and Agiloor nods in greeting. "Good afternoon. Yes Councillor, these are the people we all have to thank for being crucial in saving the life of our beloved Emperor and preserving the peace of the Empire, for the moment at least", he gestures to the woman, "May I introduce Councillor Xastra Mountainhall. Councillor, please meet Rowan Mata, follower of Illyrie, and warriors Aerin Thorn, Relik and Hawke."

The Councillor looks mostly human, though her purple complexion and dark violet hair are not something you usually associate with the race. She's dressed in white robes decorated with gold thread that forms intricate symmetrical patterns, and her hair is tied on a very tight bun on top of her head. She has the air of a strict school teacher. "Pleased to meet you in person at last", she says, enunciating her words very clearly. "I asked Preceptor Agiloor to arrange this meeting with you so I can officially thank you on behalf of the Empire. I regret nothing more grand can be arranged, since the details of this incident are of Imperial importance and must be kept secret as much as possible. I hope I can trust in your discretion?"

"You will of course be rewarded for your services to the Empire", she gestures towards the side table, and the servant collects five coin pouches and offers one to each member of the party. "You will find 500 platinum inside, I counted them myself so there is no error. I also hope you would consider continuing to aid the Empire with a new task."

Show
    Sorry you had to wait so long, Catbeard and Kish. Thank you for your patience.

You're given 5000 gp each, in platinum coins.

Springhaven

Eglantine's face pinched more in frustration than anything else. Of course Rowan was taking his sweet time on something that she was firmly certain he would be an utter dead-weight on and she was left here to clean up his messes. Typical.

"Iver, I would love to help but I don't know if you noticed the rather...large Guard presence outside. I can't exactly leave, they know what I look like! I am sure someone from the temple here can go back with you." She looked desperately around for a semi free cleric.
    "Oh, I guess that would work.. Though if it's just the guards you're worried about, I can help you with that! I'm rather good with illusions, I can make it so even your brother wouldn't recognise you!", Iver replies with confidence. "Please Miss Mata, will you at least let me move the lad to your rooms?"