New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gotei 13 In the Playground

It brings the hand with the box in it towards its abdomen, screeching incessantly as it curls into a ball. The cracks spread across every visible surface of its body.

From the outside, a dome of white light can be seen expanding from the hollow. It surrounds all within it with concuussive force, light, and sound. It continues to do so for ten whole seconds.
    I'm back... possibly... any minute now... brb.

Horny Halfing Avatar by Anna Molly

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yen adds a Tozanshou of his own as the blast of light hits, falling to a knee from the clear force of will needed to bring it into being

"Holding tight there Aka-chan?"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Orc in the Playground

Kiyeshi appears on a rooftop near by the fight looks like they have it covered.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Bugbear in the Playground

((This is a pretty epic fight going on.))

Sigmund, seeing the other Captain go back to napping, resumes his full effort healing. With a strained grin, he mutters to the resting Shiru, "Why do you make me work so hard to keep you alive? Jerk."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((OOC: Uh, Wraithy? How big is that fireball?))
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithy View Post
    It brings the hand with the box in it towards its abdomen, screeching incessantly as it curls into a ball. The cracks spread across every visible surface of its body.

From the outside, a dome of white light can be seen expanding from the hollow. It surrounds all within it with concuussive force, light, and sound. It continues to do so for ten whole seconds.
    Captain Kiljaeran raised an eyebrow in concern and shunpoed back to what seemed to be a safe distance. While he realised that raising a pyramid of his own might be a good idea, there was still the risk that this hollow was actually transforming rather than exploding. He quickly began a high level binding chant to subdue it just in case it survived whatever was happening to it.

7. - Top - End - #547

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ((OOC: Uh, Wraithy? How big is that fireball?))
    ((The light should be just about scraping the rooftops even from where you threw it.))

The light clears, revealing an empty space. Reiatsu senses within the area are shell shocked, but can at least tell that the box still exists.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithy View Post
    ((The light should be just about scraping the rooftops even from where you threw it.))

The light clears, revealing an empty space. Reiatsu senses within the area are shell shocked, but can at least tell that the box still exists.
    ((Whoa. Good thing I pulled that little trick, then.))

Captain Satoshi blinked for a moment, before trying to extend his senses out once more. He also moved towards the area he had left the Hollow, along with the box, at.

9. - Top - End - #549

At ground level. A fair distance from the blast, a small hollow sonidos forwards. It only possesses a single arm and leg, but its speed quickly brings it to the medical quarters roof.

For Toho-Sama, and Lord Augustus!

It smashes the box through the roof, its remaining arm pulling at a ripcord in attached to the device.

10. - Top - End - #550

Akako's fingernails dig into her palm as she focuses on the pyramid around her, if not for Yen's joining her own, they probably would have been disintegrated.

"Ugh, we're safe... For now." The woman looks around, helping Yen up as she releases her defensive kido. Breathing in, Akako tries to sense if anything is left of the intruders. The immediate area around them seemed free of hollow reiatsu, but... the box. The vice-captain's eyes snap open as she turns around. "Damnit! Captain, the box!"
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koujin perks up as Shirubaru starts moving. He watches the short back and forth, sitting in the same place he's been for a while. The change in circumstances start his mind working (as opposed to a fairly steady (is he going to be okay?) and a few things jump to his attention. There is combat going on in Rukon. His lieutenant was gone, but is now back, nearby said combat, and sent a message to meet him. GAH! I've been yelling at you for almost a day now! What were you, brain dead?...sorry...I was worried...and...well...I'm sorry. I'm back now though.

Suddenly he senses a massive wave of hollow spirit pressure, which quickly fades into nothing. But that strange feeling. It was getting stronger. "Crap! It's above us!" Suddenly he hears the tiny hollow yell, and feels something change. Shatter! Suishou no ha!"

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Satoshi freezes as he finally locates the Hollow with the box.

At 4th Division HQ.

"Crap! Kenji! The wounded!"

And he's gone. Windows shatter in his wake. Mach 4 tends to do that.

He arrives as the box is starting its descent through the roof. He dives, reaching his arms out to try to grab it.

13. - Top - End - #553

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian throws up her hands and focuses the last of her own rapidly sealing reistu to provide a meager defense against his attack. She is wreath in swirling flames and tries to dodge back out of it, only to be caught by Vince's flying kick. She is thrown back and lands with a heavy thud, the wind knocked out of her. She gasps for air and struggles to roll over so she get try to get up again. All the while, her zanpaktou continues to work at sealing away Vince's power. Unless he delivers a finishing blow or finds a way to stop her attack, he will will find his power sealed off completely.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Dwarf in the Playground

Diving out of the room, shikai releleased, Koujin quickly assesses the situation. There is a box. There is a small hollow. It has pulled a string attached to said box. The Second Squad Captain is suddenly in midair, diving toward the box. Thinking as fast as possible, Koujin comes on the best solution he can with the time he assumes is remaining.

"SATOSHI! MOVE!" He raises his Zanpaktou focuses his crushing reitsu, and calls out, "Suishou no ha! Diamond Barrier!" Starting from the center of the room, his Reitsu crystallizes in an inverted dome shape, starting in the center of the room, and extending up to the ceiling, blocking off the the bottom hemisphere of the falling box. A second, weaker wave of reitsu attempts to disrupt the processes of whatever is in the box.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

(EDIT: Never mind)
    Last edited by Prime32; 2009-06-02 at 04:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #556

The small hollow jerks back the cord, and the box unleashes a humm that scraped the bones of all who hear it.

A purple light emerges from the edges of the box, the humming worsens.

The box is entirely engulfed in the purple glow, sound is entirely drowned out by the humming.

Pure bliss spreads across the little devil's face.

A wave is unleashed, leaving buildings and clothes unscathed. The weak die instantly, the seated Shinigami are struck by agony, and the captains are unharmed, but frozen, watching as the wave rips through the midical quarters and the surrounding buildings.

The hollow disintegrates. But the dead do not.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

Captain Kiljaeran stood on a tall rooftop, stretching his senses over the area. His reiatsu sense was still a bit fuzzy from the blast, but not enough so to stop him from doing his job. He could feel Satoshi's presence near the box, along with a few others, so there was no need to go chasing after it again. Instead, he continued scanning the surroundings both visually and spiritually, searching for new threats.

Noone has long to wait, as an explosion of strange energy erupted from the 4th Division building. Kiljaeran braced himself against the blast and felt...nothing. He stared at the area, noting that all the buildings seemed to be totally intact and that the energy was fading. Then it slowly dawned on him: The pinpricks of reiatsu that usually filled the area had completely vanished. All of them, gone.

"We failed..."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2009-06-02 at 04:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #558

Akako grits her teeth, there's no way she could get there in time to be of any use. With a dejected sigh, she turns to look at the gate. There were still shinigami in the Living World, and if they were having this much of a fight on this side, then there was surely something happening over there.

"Yen, we need to see what the situation is on the other side." Akako turned to her fellow vice-captain and nodded her head in the direction of the gate.

(( is the gate working now? ))

19. - Top - End - #559

[[The box is dead. Long live the gate!]]

20. - Top - End - #560

Akako hurried through the gate, desperate to help those still on the other side...

21. - Top - End - #561
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stumbling through the gate which Akako had used about a minute ago, Tatskete slumped to his knees, dropping Nukari little by little untill Nukari slid to the floor and Tatskete panting heavely.

A couple of fourth squad attendants quickly catch the two Shinigami and rush them to the fourth squad quarters, where Tatskete is put into a free chair to rest, whilst they desperately try to find an unoccupied bed, there are so many in there.

Tatskete looks up from his chair, there are people everywhere carying severly injured people... "What happened here?" tatskete whispered, horrified at the sheer destruction that seemed to have been wrought here.
    Last edited by Neknoh; 2009-06-02 at 05:39 PM.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

22. - Top - End - #562

Sigmund, sensing the loss all around the 4th devision HQ, loses it. Once again, using the 77th Way of Binding, he shouts orders to the living members of his squad. "All units NOT already on orders to support those on the other side of the gate are to return to the central office NOW! I don't care if you are eating, half naked, or just got off shift! This call to arms extends to the cleanup crews and groundskeepers! Any and all able-bodied members of the 4th found slacking will face a minimum of court martial." Ending the spell, he signals for healers to continue work on the 11th Captain as he gets started on the 2nd Squad's 3rd seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

23. - Top - End - #563
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yen nods once, rushing through the gate
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Orc in the Playground

well, i guess i was wrong Kiyeshi says as e comes back into view a long ways away from where the hollow detonates

25. - Top - End - #565

"****! **** **** ****! This is not fast enough!" Sigmund screams in a rage, "You three, OUT! Tend to the others on this floor and shut the door behind you!" As soon as they are gone, and the door is shut, "**** it all."

((Both the Captain and the 3rd seat will be fully restored, but will also feel slimey and smell disgusting, when they next post. Sigmund will be throwing up in a bin.))
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2009-06-02 at 05:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

'I failed. And now, so many are dead.'

Satoshi stands there, beneath the blast site. He hangs his head in shame, before it straightens, his eyes alight with cold, cold rage.

Anyone near him not Vice Captain level or above likely has to work to control bodily functions.

Quickly, the Captain speeds to the open gate. He briefly blurs through to the real world, but then sees that there are no enemies there.

Or at least none to let him unleash this rage.

So he returns to Soul Society, and quickly flies off to a training ground as far out as possible.

He proceeds to smash rocks and trees for a while, unless retrieved. Anyone within a couple of miles will feel the raw energy and Spiritual Pressure.

When Yen returns to Soul Society, he'll find a Hell Butterfly waiting to give him a message from his captain.
    *Message*
    "Yen, good work out there today. It's not your fault what happened with that blasted box. If anyone's to blame, it's that stinking Espada. And maybe me, for not being fast enough. As before, training is off; keep the division patrolling on at least medium alert at all times. Anyone not on patrol should be resting, so that everyone's as fresh as possible. I should be back in a few hours. I just need to blow off some steam."
    *End Message*

27. - Top - End - #567
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koujin could hear the hum, but it was muffled. Then he could feel it. The sharp grinding feeling against his barrier. He focused more and more, hardening the wall further. As the light faded, Koujin slumped, leaning on his sword. "Is everyone ok?" Hearing a number of half-hearted confirmations, he felt outward. It seemed as though most everyone in the 4th Division area was alright, but the farther out he sensed, the fewer points of spirit pressure he could feel. Oh Crap-Oh Crap

Koujin's eyes harden. "Sigmund, don't let Shirubaru know what happened when he wakes up. Just tell him to meet me and the Commander-General." He nodded to his peer, then dissipated into a shunpo.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiljaeran doesn't stop to mourn the dead, instead sharply turning and leaping over the rooftops back to the walls of Seireitei. He reviewed the last few minutes over and over, looking for something they could have done differently. Some way in which they could have stopped what had just happened. Finally, he passed through the gates and made his way to his final destination: The 1st Division headquarters. He marched into the antechamber and addressed the attendant.

"I'm here to see Captain-commander Hayashi Daisuke. It's a matter of some importance."

29. - Top - End - #569

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post

((Both the Captain and the 3rd seat will be fully restored, but will also feel slimey and smell disgusting, when they next post. Sigmund will be throwing up in a bin.))
    Shirubaru is sitting up in bed, staring at the vomiting Captain through blotchy eyes. His nose is crinkled as he wonders what stinks so badly - until he realises that it's him. On the brighter side, at least he seems to be fully healed, if a bit stiff.

You're good at what you do, I'll admit, says Shirubaru, stretching and grabbing his Zanpakutou. What the hell is going on? His eyes widen as he looks around at the chaos around him, and realises a certain... absence... of reiatsu. He says some very rude words which the forum censor would probably asterisk out and stares at the floor. How did this happen? Who did this?
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-06-02 at 05:58 PM.
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

30. - Top - End - #570

Sigmund coughs out his reply in between retches, "Espada. Attack. Go to. 1st. Debrief."
    Spoiler
    Show