New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default The Stick Awards II: Second Edition (BotH [#0201-#0300]) [Finals]

Welcome to The Stick Awards II: Second Edition!

The Stick Awards are handed out to the best strips of all time as chosen by our fellow Playgrounders.

Over the next few days, we're taking a bit of a break and finishing up The Best of the Hundred Tournament for Comics #201 - #300 as we take the time to decide which of the strips really are the best of best.

For full details about the Stick Awards, and any questions about them, please check out the main thread here.

To read more about the original Stick Awards, created by Nazzo, the 102nd, please read his thread here.

To vote in this thread, simply state which comic of the five listed is your favorite. Bolding the number of the comic (Like this) helps it stand out.

Voting, which only lasts five days during the Best of the Hundred Tournament will close on February 4th, 4pm EST. Any votes made after that will NOT count toward the totals.

The winner of this Best of the Hundred final will go on to the Best of the Thousand tournament if and when we reach Comic Number 1000.

In the second semi-final, 298 The Future is Forged in the Fires of Today proved the foreshadowing it gave earlier to be correct as it indeed took its rightful place in the finals.

Meanwhile, 223 - Love, in the Abstract's analysis that it should also deserve a spot in said finals proved to be convincing enough to earn it a place as the first wild card entrant.

Finally, 270 - Dueling Egos pretty much forced its way in as the second and final wild card entrant by reminding many of the judges that very few problems can't be solved by setting them on fire.

Four strips have made it this far, proving their worth. But only ONE is worthy enough for the ultimate tournament of these awards.

Which strip is deserving of such an honor? It's time to find out as we all vote on...

................THE STICK AWARDS II:
    BEST OF THE HUNDRED TOURNAMENT (201-300)
    ...................(Finals)

====

For ease of reading, What Haley Said, courtesy of the thread of the same name.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use your imagination.

Xcccc!
    Ahhh!
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition (BotH [#0201-#0300]) [Finals]

270 - Dueling Egos pretty much forced its way in as the second and final wild card entrant by reminding many of the judges that very few problems can't be solved by setting them on fire.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Hm... Though I did vote for 223, and though I didn't vote for 298, I find myself wanting to vote 298 in this one.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't really like 298, and while I really like Belkar and 270 is nice, I still vote for 250 - Oh no, he DIDN'T!: The last row is just too epic.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hmm. Both 250 and 298 are strong contenders. 250 is all about Roy's character development, leading up to him telling off Miko in 251, while 298 is the Coda to NCftPB.

In the end, the Coda is winning my vote:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Go, #298! Forge your way to the big grand finals!
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I will vote for 298.

Peelee’s Lotsey

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

The finalists here show that, after all this time, a lot of folks really like seeing Miko getting metaphorically spit on.

Anyway, I suppose I'll go for 298. The "medium-sized creature" gag is still a winner.

9. - Top - End - #9

ClericGirl

Looks like 298 has this one (which honestly I really don't understand; it's basically a montage strip), but I still love Roy here.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

270, and I can't say it would rank highly if I just went thru the 100.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

This is a weird round. I have a hard time seeing these as the four strongest strips of the Hundred, and yet I'm pretty sure I voted for the majority of them. Oh well.

298: The Future is Forged in the Fires of Today. It's difficult to see any of the other three beating this one out; I'm not a Miko fan, but nor am I among those who see Miko being chewed out as particularly enjoyable or noteworthy.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

four fine candidates, but I think the Giant's mix of dialogue, comedy and action at its best is # 270.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

250 is probably my favorite here.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I will also vote for 270

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Show a lot of things happening at once; remind everyone of what's going on.
    And with every shot you show a little improvement, to show it all would take too long.
    That's called a montage.

THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

16. - Top - End - #16

NinjaGuy

Dang it, choosing in the finals are so hard! I guess I'll keep going with 223, though 298 will probably win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Íll gop for dueling egos. 270 for me, tnx.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Blah blah blah

19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

298, although 250 is very close behind.
    Allergy advice: posts may contain traces of sarcasm

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

298hjkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I really like all of these strips but, while Miko being insulted and/or humiliated is funny, I'm still a sucker for a really good montage. 298 it is.

(This forum really hates Miko, doesn't it - almost all our favourite strips have her being insulted, humiliated or set on fire!)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

One day left to get your votes in folks! And there's still time for one of the trailing strips to overcome the current deficit. Or, alternatively, still time to pad the lead. So chime on in if you have an opinion, eh?

223) 1
    250) 4
    270) 5
    298) 10

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

It comes down to 250 and 298 for me, as the Dueling Egos strip, while good, isn't at quite the same level as these. 250 is really really good. And it might be the most consequential strip in the first 300 or 400 hundred. But, I dunno, I've always said I'm a sucker for a good montage. So 298 it is.

And with that....

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!

298 The Future is Forged in the Fires of Today is the winner of this Best of the Hundred tournament. It now moves on to the Best of the Thousand tournament.

Full Results are as follows:

.............THE STICK AWARDS II:
    ..BEST OF THE HUNDRED TOURNAMENT
    ............ (201-300 | Finals)

{table]|Comic Number | Votes Received | Vote Percentage |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |[/table]

Please join us as we we return to the regular rounds of the Stick Awards II where we cover strips #301-310, in this thread here.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2014-02-04 at 04:01 PM.