New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [AMEN Greeter Staff Application]

The henchman looks confused.

"You just started here." he states but desn't bother more.
    "Right now there is none. Our only hostage is dealt with by the boss so you will need to wait."

"Nooo, I'm bored of this personalityyy, I stuck with my usual for thiiiis interviewww." Yewa replies, eyeing the henchman with her blue eyes. Being crazy due to unethical experiments carried out by her mother has had a lot of effects, one of which the henchman is about to witness. Her 'brother' and her are a perfect match, he being a shapeshifter. However, he hasn't been revealed yet, so henchman will be none the wiser, which won't help any 'this girl is totally mad' opinions one might already have about her!

"So, inform me as of to the information needed for the optimal upkeep of this place." She suddenly completely changes into a new personality after her lower jaw tenses up a bit. "Like, totally tell me everything so I can, like, do my job!" And another one. "Yewa next asks about the clone tanks from the henchman before her. She feels quite sad by cloning not working on her kind, but it's made up for the fact that neither do most conventional non-Wakodan forms of anti-magic. Information subject to retcon." When she's done, she returns to the valley girl-like personality's expression. "Like, I just totally broke the fourth wall!"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Waiting for violist
    ((I guess it's best to go on for now.))
    ((Yeah...sorry. Glad you two continued the scene anyway.))

[The Front Room, on a couch]

Some arbitrary amount of time after the meeting in her so-called "office", Requiem lounges down again on the actual couch cushions. "Well. That was fun," she says to herself.

She pulls her blonde hair out to in front of her, so she can look at the ends. "Hmm...after that I might have to take care of these ends, though."

A pair of purple scissors materialize in her hand.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #183

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post

"Nooo, I'm bored of this personalityyy, I stuck with my usual for thiiiis interviewww." Yewa replies, eyeing the henchman with her blue eyes. Being crazy due to unethical experiments carried out by her mother has had a lot of effects, one of which the henchman is about to witness. Her 'brother' and her are a perfect match, he being a shapeshifter. However, he hasn't been revealed yet, so henchman will be none the wiser, which won't help any 'this girl is totally mad' opinions one might already have about her!

"So, inform me as of to the information needed for the optimal upkeep of this place." She suddenly completely changes into a new personality after her lower jaw tenses up a bit. "Like, totally tell me everything so I can, like, do my job!" And another one. "Yewa next asks about the clone tanks from the henchman before her. She feels quite sad by cloning not working on her kind, but it's made up for the fact that neither do most conventional non-Wakodan forms of anti-magic. Information subject to retcon." When she's done, she returns to the valley girl-like personality's expression. "Like, I just totally broke the fourth wall!"

The henchman is confused, but tries to answer what he got.

"Well This is the list of people we call member right now. They are free to come and go as they like. Others need to be verified . We latly thought against many partys in the riverside invasion and got a hostage from it. It is save to say people will come for rescue so we prepare for fight and got out defense more tight. The clone tanks are from our first boss Gordon if i remember right. He build them and we henchman got no idea how it works. The boss went down to repair them so he knows more. Since it was an intern who destroyed them, we keep them save and shut." the henchman replies.

"I think you are free to cause some trouble in the citys if you need something to do. we also got some alliances. The demons adn KABAL work with us, but that's all we got."

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Dungeon]

They'll want to wake her up. More dramatic that way, and it gives AMEN more options.
    But first they'll need to get some things straight.
    And figure out how to reach the nymph's locked-away mind.

[Zefir's Office]

He has one of those, right? Or maybe we call it a 'lair'? Something more ominous, anyway.

Anyway, Omiko has stormed up from the dungeon to find the guy.
    "Boss, what have you been doing with Ilpholin? A hostage is no good to us dead."
    Yeah, she's not happy about this whole thing.
    [Zefir's Office]

Yes he got one, a long room where at the end stands a heavy wooden table and a few chairs.

He turns around as Omiko comes in.

"I just played with her mind." he says. "A little trick I found in a book. It's not like I cut of her arms or so?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Zefir's Office]

Omiko saunters in an leans on the back of one of the chairs.
    "Okay, you got me there. But arms grow back - at least hers do."

"Your little mind game got her to attempt suicide. She almost managed to bleed to death before I got there, too. Plus it seems to have woken up some new power in her that she didn't have during the Riverside battle."
    "We gotta be careful. You wanted to turn her against her allies, right?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

The henchman is confused, but tries to answer what he got.

"Well This is the list of people we call member right now. They are free to come and go as they like. Others need to be verified . We latly thought against many partys in the riverside invasion and got a hostage from it. It is save to say people will come for rescue so we prepare for fight and got out defense more tight. The clone tanks are from our first boss Gordon if i remember right. He build them and we henchman got no idea how it works. The boss went down to repair them so he knows more. Since it was an intern who destroyed them, we keep them save and shut." the henchman replies.

"I think you are free to cause some trouble in the citys if you need something to do. we also got some alliances. The demons adn KABAL work with us, but that's all we got."

Yewa seems to be considering that information, which is surprising. It's less surprising when one realizes she's currently in her 'serious secretary' personality. "Demons and KABAL. My craziest child side will not find that fun. Yaaaay, I can cause troubleee in a cityyyy! Boo, little protectionnnnn! See? This must be remedied." She says, switching from serious to original crazy Yewa and back seamlessly.

"Thankfully, Yewa was about to reveal something he might find useful! The henchman might find he ought to get on his knees and kiss those feet in gratitude! For, you see, Yewa has a boss interested in AMEN, even though she's here of her own volition. This boss seeks to spread his crime reach with the aid of AMEN." From third-person to manic and angry. "Just as well, for the organization was proving to be paranoid as ****. Your leader appears surrounded by guards and dares point weapons at me? How is my boss guaranteed safe passage if you idiots attack anything that moves? Even crazy Yewa knows when to hold 'em and when to ****ing fold 'em!" She seethes.

"Like, oh my gawwwwd, for realzies!!! Luckily I can, like, totally be of help, and look pretty doing it too! Like, boss is a powerful vampire and stuff, much older than me. We totally thought I'd be enough, but, like, y'all are totally understaffed and stuff. So I'll bring my boss, like, for real, totally!"

A totally harmless beagle dog crawls out of her bosom and she strokes it all lovingly, then puts it down to explore the surroundings. "A test. Do not hurt my beagle from seemingly nowhere. A future alliance could be made or destroyed by your actions." The serious secretary Yewa says, typing on her computer. She logs in her info and that of her pet.

Oh, look, he has his own resume! And what's this, it's filled out not for a dog, but for her boss! Good thing Zefir is currently distracted, nor can he see the form!

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    ((Yeah...sorry. Glad you two continued the scene anyway.))

[The Front Room, on a couch]

Some arbitrary amount of time after the meeting in her so-called "office", Requiem lounges down again on the actual couch cushions. "Well. That was fun," she says to herself.

She pulls her blonde hair out to in front of her, so she can look at the ends. "Hmm...after that I might have to take care of these ends, though."

A pair of purple scissors materialize in her hand.
    [The Front Room]

The pet beagle scurries off to the couch after touching any cute-loving parts of any henchmen around, and stops after taking a good look at Requiem. The creature bursts horrifically into a blood-filled carcass, then the entire organic mass shapeshifts into a 9-year old boy with light brown skin, red eyes, black sclera, afroasian features and bald hair. He's dressed in simple red pyjamas that look real enough and not like a bloodshifted construct. "Can I help? I just joined AMEN, rather, my second-in-command helped me join, hawhawhaw!" He laughs conspiratorially. "I promise I mean AMEN no harm, I wish to provide my criminal henchmen forces to boost this one, a means to broaden my influence in the Nexus, a means for AMEN to get away with more chaos. Your leader Zefir, however, was quite unreasonable. You look more reasonable."

The cute evil little boy clears his throat, then grins toothily, long fangs on display. "But you must be confused already. Let's start over. I am Shuyoru, and you are?"
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #186

[The Front Room]

Requiem starts splitting off the ends of her blonde hair. "Have you considered making your shapeshifting less...bloody?" she asks. "Unless that's what you're going for."

Snip.

The split ends that fall down seem to evaporate into something smokelike rather than fall into the couch, fortunately. A lot easier to clean if they just disappear.

Snip.

She pauses from the snipping and considers his offer and his introduction. "Zefir's seemed pretty reasonable to me, even though he's a lot more cautious than the leader who was here when I first joined," she says.

"I'm Requiem," she says. "It's' nice to meet you."

Snip.

"If you're good at cutting hair, sure. Feel free." Requiem makes the motion to hand over the dark-purple scissors. Honestly, she's half-expecting him to go 'no need' then suddenly his hands would burst into scissors or something like that.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Front Room]

"That was what I was going for, yes. No reason, I like to make an appearance." The boy replies, his voice even childlike and high-pitched, with traces of baby talk pronunciation-wise smattered in for authenticity's sake. "To be fair, Yewa has a way of getting on people's nerves, if one isn't used to her. Lucky for Zefir, I'm here to keep her in line."

Cut her hair? Eh, why not? They're going to be co-members of AMEN anyway. "No problem." He can indeed make his own, but instead he takes the scissors from her, sits beside her and starts cutting off those split ends.

"So... Requiem. Interesting name. I notice your hair falling off into smoke. You a demon of some sort?" He asks directly.
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #188

[The Front Room]

"Oh, okay," she says. "I'll make sure to swoon and be properly horrified next time."

Requiem keeps her hair held out over her shoulder, in a convenient place for the boy.

"Thanks," she says re: her name. "No, not a demon." She pauses for a moment. "Just human. That hair thing is something I set up earlier to take care of the ash -" her clothes *are* a spotless white, in spite of everything that could dirty them around here "when I first came to AMEN I used to get the ash all over me, and it was annoying to clean off - and it also takes care of other similarly small things nearby."

In case he asks, she quickly adds: "It's not magic. I just asked some souls to take care of it for me." To demonstrate what she's talking about, she holds her free hand up, and some sort of...fluid thing circles around her fingers. They're a dark purple shimmering with black light. "...spirits? Souls or spirits, one of those two words."

Anyway.

She decides to continue the conversation: hair cuts are much more enjoyable when you distract the hair stylist by talking to them. "Have you met many demons before? You talk like you know them pretty well." Either that, or he's a professional chthonian hair stylist.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #189

Omiko saunters in an leans on the back of one of the chairs.
    "Okay, you got me there. But arms grow back - at least hers do."

"Your little mind game got her to attempt suicide. She almost managed to bleed to death before I got there, too. Plus it seems to have woken up some new power in her that she didn't have during the Riverside battle."
    "We gotta be careful. You wanted to turn her against her allies, right?"
    [Zefir's Office]

Zefir is distracted for a moment as he looks at a screen showing him the main room. Someone has come. He sights and then turns back to Omiko with a suprised expression.

"They grow back?" he says obviously suprised. "I didn't think that can happen. at least such things are NOT normal. We need to keep an eye on that. Not that she got them back and slays everyone down there."

As Omiko mentions the new ability he seeems not suprised.

"A suicide attemp is bad, but it also shows that things go the right way. I just didn't thought her will to live is stronger.
    As for her new ability, I guess it's more connected to your action."
    he types a bit on the computer befor turning it around showing Omiko the scene where she threw the cart around her cell.
    "That was right after her arms got cut off. You are right. We need to be carefull, but we also lack the time. Those Vigil people can be hear every day. Do you have anything to spy on them?"

Yewa seems to be considering that information, which is surprising. It's less surprising when one realizes she's currently in her 'serious secretary' personality. "Demons and KABAL. My craziest child side will not find that fun. Yaaaay, I can cause troubleee in a cityyyy! Boo, little protectionnnnn! See? This must be remedied." She says, switching from serious to original crazy Yewa and back seamlessly.

"Thankfully, Yewa was about to reveal something he might find useful! The henchman might find he ought to get on his knees and kiss those feet in gratitude! For, you see, Yewa has a boss interested in AMEN, even though she's here of her own volition. This boss seeks to spread his crime reach with the aid of AMEN." From third-person to manic and angry. "Just as well, for the organization was proving to be paranoid as ****. Your leader appears surrounded by guards and dares point weapons at me? How is my boss guaranteed safe passage if you idiots attack anything that moves? Even crazy Yewa knows when to hold 'em and when to ****ing fold 'em!" She seethes.

"Like, oh my gawwwwd, for realzies!!! Luckily I can, like, totally be of help, and look pretty doing it too! Like, boss is a powerful vampire and stuff, much older than me. We totally thought I'd be enough, but, like, y'all are totally understaffed and stuff. So I'll bring my boss, like, for real, totally!"

A totally harmless beagle dog crawls out of her bosom and she strokes it all lovingly, then puts it down to explore the surroundings. "A test. Do not hurt my beagle from seemingly nowhere. A future alliance could be made or destroyed by your actions." The serious secretary Yewa says, typing on her computer. She logs in her info and that of her pet.

Oh, look, he has his own resume! And what's this, it's filled out not for a dog, but for her boss! Good thing Zefir is currently distracted, nor can he see the form!

The henchman is even more confused but he tries to explain things.

"The boss isn't surrounded by guards. Guess he can keep his own. And you just went here in a critical time. We expect enemies coming soon. Oh we also got Vampires in the past. Not sure what happened there in the end."

To her orders he just says. "Ok."

10. - Top - End - #190

Default [Zefir's Office]

Omiko leans in to watch the security footage.
    "It's strange. She didn't show these powers at all in Riverside, and it's not like she wasn't stressed and hurt there."
    But then, she wasn't imprisoned then. Although she was by the demons afterwards. Was it really just the arms that pushed her past some tipping point?
    Well, much stranger things have happened.

"Anyway, I want to try to wake her up. Might take some unusual measures."

She shakes her head.
    "To spy on VIGIL? I could put in a request on one of my Line's satellites. Don't know how much we'd see, though."
    "What if they never come to get her? Do they know? Should we make some demands?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #191

[Zefir's Office]

"Maybe it has to do with her arms cut of." Zefir mentions again. "Like a way to compansate. Instead of interacting with her arms and change them it now goes more on a psych way."

"I'm fine with that." he replies to this point. "Just be careful. She might use anything in the room like she did with the cage so keep her at least weakend. On that point I got a request for you. Since you do posses the most knowledge in medical terms would you like to be in charg of the infirmary? Some other members have this knowledge too, but I wouldn't entrust my well being to them "

"Nah. We already got an Satelite on the watch. Still this won't serve us in this case. There will only be a few Vigil members involved. We can't watch them all, mostly because we don't know them all. And I'm sure they come. Several Vigil member have been present at the negotiation."
    Then he thinks for a moment.
    "The cut of arms might come in handy. We should go for something and if Vigil jumps in we send them an arm. There are some members I can think of for a.... special task." He looks at the current screnes of the mainhall.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Outside]

A man stands outside! This man is tall, at roughly 7 feet tall. He's gaunt, and wearing a slightly baggy three piece suit, with the undershirt being grey and the rest being black. He has a head of black hair, with a few grey streaks running through it, and skin the color of bleached bone, as well as grey eyes which look almost dead. He stares at a camera for a minute, unmoving. Then, he lifts his arm up, so it's pointing at the camera, palm up, and suddenly closes his hand, as if crushing something. When he does the crushing motion, if the camera is roughly the strength of a similar sized hollow block of iron, it will be crushed, quite possibly destroying all electronics in it.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

13. - Top - End - #193

[Zefir's Office]

"I wonder if we could get her to do even more with the right stimulus. Maybe she doesn't...but I need her awake first." Omiko sighs.

"I would be delighted to take over the infirmary." Leaving aside whether it would be a good idea to entrust your well-being to Omiko. At least she could help.

"That's brilliant. I'll go get some spare fingers." She looks over the screens herself. What could Zefir have in mind?

"That's all, then." She heads off towards the infirmary.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-05-09 at 01:42 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Front Room]

"Oh, okay," she says. "I'll make sure to swoon and be properly horrified next time."

Requiem keeps her hair held out over her shoulder, in a convenient place for the boy.

"Thanks," she says re: her name. "No, not a demon." She pauses for a moment. "Just human. That hair thing is something I set up earlier to take care of the ash -" her clothes *are* a spotless white, in spite of everything that could dirty them around here "when I first came to AMEN I used to get the ash all over me, and it was annoying to clean off - and it also takes care of other similarly small things nearby."

In case he asks, she quickly adds: "It's not magic. I just asked some souls to take care of it for me." To demonstrate what she's talking about, she holds her free hand up, and some sort of...fluid thing circles around her fingers. They're a dark purple shimmering with black light. "...spirits? Souls or spirits, one of those two words."

Anyway.

She decides to continue the conversation: hair cuts are much more enjoyable when you distract the hair stylist by talking to them. "Have you met many demons before? You talk like you know them pretty well." Either that, or he's a professional chthonian hair stylist.
    [The Front Room]

Shuyoru simply smiles at her comment and snips away at her hair. He listens closely to her every word, taking care to neatly snip at her ends and ensuring the end result is even, smooth and good-looking. "Ah, that sort of explains the name. Requiem of spirits." Her display of power interests him. "It's spirits where I'm from, souls are one's mind, emotions and intellect. Depending on where you're from, they could mean the same thing, however."

As for her question, he hmms in thought a bit. "Hm... well, the closest analogue to what I am is a vampire, which tends to attract certain company, especially after my coming to the Nexus. So, I`d say yes. You have any demon friends of yours to introduce me to? While you're at it, I'm curious as to your story."

The henchman is even more confused but he tries to explain things.

"The boss isn't surrounded by guards. Guess he can keep his own. And you just went here in a critical time. We expect enemies coming soon. Oh we also got Vampires in the past. Not sure what happened there in the end."

To her orders he just says. "Ok."

Yewa looks to the outside cameras and sees someone. "Ooh, my first customer. You can go now." She waves the henchman away so she can work.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    [Outside]

A man stands outside! This man is tall, at roughly 7 feet tall. He's gaunt, and wearing a slightly baggy three piece suit, with the undershirt being grey and the rest being black. He has a head of black hair, with a few grey streaks running through it, and skin the color of bleached bone, as well as grey eyes which look almost dead. He stares at a camera for a minute, unmoving. Then, he lifts his arm up, so it's pointing at the camera, palm up, and suddenly closes his hand, as if crushing something. When he does the crushing motion, if the camera is roughly the strength of a similar sized hollow block of iron, it will be crushed, quite possibly destroying all electronics in it.
    [Outside]

The sentient AMEN base doesn't allow its camera to be crushed. Yewa presses a few buttons and a screen appears in front of the base. "You have chosen to cause trouble for AMENites. Is this your final decision? (Y/N)"

Zefir gets a heads-up as well: "Boss, new member tried to crush a camera."
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-05-09 at 01:23 PM.
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Outside]

The sentient AMEN base doesn't allow its camera to be crushed. Yewa presses a few buttons and a screen appears in front of the base. "You have chosen to cause trouble for AMENites. Is this your final decision? (Y/N)"

Inspecting the screen, the man's eyes go wide, and he curses under his breath. Clicking "N", he says to the uncrushed camera, "That was not my purpose. It had a double purpose. First, it was to avoid being attacked by lasers or such. Second, it was to show you a small portion of my power, so you may consider my proposition. Oh yes, by the way, I have a proposition."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

Inspecting the screen, the man's eyes go wide, and he curses under his breath. Clicking "N", he says to the uncrushed camera, "That was not my purpose. It had a double purpose. First, it was to avoid being attacked by lasers or such. Second, it was to show you a small portion of my power, so you may consider my proposition. Oh yes, by the way, I have a proposition."
    The screen fizzles out once No is selected, and then a voice booms out of the speakers, quite high-pitched. "Turns out this base is alive! Including the cameras! Now what was that about a proposition, Mister...?" The voice asks.
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The screen fizzles out once No is selected, and then a voice booms out of the speakers, quite high-pitched. "Turns out this base is alive! Including the cameras! Now what was that about a proposition, Mister...?" The voice asks.
    The man raises his eyebrows. "Fascinating. I've only seen a living house once before, and that was controlled by a rather nasty witch..." He shakes his head, then smiles. "I have some goals which I have heard you can help me with. Plus, I'm sure I can help you with yours."

18. - Top - End - #198

[The Front Room]

Requiem, who is avoiding nodding or moving her head, simply says: "Yeah, it's a little weird how often people's names seem to match their powers and such." I mean, it's not like she chose the name 'Requiem': it was her parents and society who gave it to her, before she had used the powers.

She would shrug now, but is afraid doing that might move her head around a small amount. "The only demons I've met was here at AMEN, and it was only briefly." Then, she adds: "Sorry."

Then!
    She gets on to telling her story. "My story's actually pretty boring and probably pretty standard for Nexus people. Grew up a pretty boring life. Second born, and not particularly good at anything, so I was always second in everything, no inheritance, and was just expected to die in some dumb war."

Thinking back, she takes a deep breath and sums everything up: "Then my brother lost control of his powers, turned into some nightmare beast, and I managed to capture him. Still hoping one day to become strong enough to turn him back."

...and that's it. Short story.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #199

NinjaGuy

[New...Recruits?]

Zenon the Devourer strides confidently into the main room, flanked by a pair of robe-wearing individuals, their hoods drawn up, covering their heads. He looks around for a moment, before making his way up to Zefir's office and knocking on the door. Eldritch abomination he may be, but there's no reason to be rude, after all.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

20. - Top - End - #200

[Zefir's Office]

"I wonder if we could get her to do even more with the right stimulus. Maybe she doesn't...but I need her awake first." Omiko sighs.

"I would be delighted to take over the infirmary." Leaving aside whether it would be a good idea to entrust your well-being to Omiko. At least she could help.

"That's brilliant. I'll go get some spare fingers." She looks over the screens herself. What could Zefir have in mind?

"That's all, then." She heads off towards the infirmary.
    [Zefir's Office]

"Just keep is down. As you said she should survive." Zefir says to the spare parts part. As Omniko leaves he turns back to the screens.

Yewa looks to the outside cameras and sees someone. "Ooh, my first customer. You can go now." She waves the henchman away so she can work.

[Outside]

[AMEN Greeter Staff Application - Outside]

The henchman leaves as he is waved of as assumed.

A message arrives in return:
    "Not everyone knocking here is a potential 'member'. They are visitors with an issue. And people who try to destroy our stuff can be seen as hostile"

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [New...Recruits?]

Zenon the Devourer strides confidently into the main room, flanked by a pair of robe-wearing individuals, their hoods drawn up, covering their heads. He looks around for a moment, before making his way up to Zefir's office and knocking on the door. Eldritch abomination he may be, but there's no reason to be rude, after all.
    [New...Recruits?]

Zenon will notice that the door opens when he knocks like someone just leaned it on.

"Come in Zenon." Zefirs's voice calls from inside. After he is in and the door shut he continues. "I guess those two are examples of the units you told me about?"

21. - Top - End - #201

Default [Dungeon]

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    With the feeding, proper care, antibiotics and no one currently torturing her, Omiko will find that Ilphy will be pretty easy to keep stable. She'll stay stable as well, but now it is up to AMEN to decide what to do to or for her, as well as whether or not they want to attempt to bring her out of the coma.
    They want to bring her out of her coma.
    The question is 'how?'

Omiko's first priority is going to be returning Ilphy to proper health. Make sure she gets enough nutrition for her arm regrowing, continued antibiotics to fully clear out those infections, light during the day, dark at night. Keeping the hypnotic torture machine off is an easy gain, and letting Ilphy out of her restraints (while increasing her guards) is something Omiko hopes will draw her a bit out of her shell.
    "You're really boring like this, you know?"

If she remains unresponsive even once her body is physically well, then Omiko will have to just start trying things.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #202

NinjaGuy

[New...Recruits?]

"Indeed, I thought you might like to inspect them," Zenon says with a nod.

As if by some unseen signal, the pair with him draw back their hoods and remove their robes, revealing a body structure similar to Zenon's own. Armored gauntlets and greaves over a human-sized and shaped body that appears to be wearing a more cloth-like armor. Their heads lack his helmet's ornamentation, and notably, a face, instead simply a smooth, seamless black surface that extends and integrates with the auditory sensors. Their colors match Zenon's, black, trimmed with red and white, though that could probably be changed if Zefir wishes. Curiously, they don't seem to be armed, lacking even the thigh holsters that Zenon possesses. They stand at attention after revealing themselves and say nothing.

Zenon gestures towards them.

"They are sturdy, more durable than mortal troops at least, and can be deployed in most environments without needing special equipment. Damage that would down or require immediate medical assistance for normal mortal troops can be routed around, to keep them active, albeit at reduced capacity. Their AI is sub-sentient, but they can follow complex orders and pursue simple goals within certain parameters, and their AI is protected from tampering by every means I am currently aware of, including both magical and psionic, as well as a powerful barrier maze filled with black ICE."

He stands away from them, so Zefir can approach and get a better look.

"The protections do mean that they aren't as strong or fast as they could be, but I felt the added protection from tampering was necessary. They are competent with most basic weapons, and derivatives thereof, which means we can recycle equipment that's used by our mortal forces to arm them for whatever mission is at hand. Of course, it is possible to refit them with built-in weapons systems, should the need arise, but I felt the basic, general use versions would be most easily integrated into our forces at first."

((OOC, these guys are slightly more durable than your standard armor-wearing mook, able to perhaps survive loss of a limb or two before going down. The only other notable quirk is the extreme difficulty in hacking them. Otherwise, they're basically equivalent to standard NPC mooks, though they don't really have personalities, and they have pretty much zero initiative if they haven't been given orders to do something.))
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Front Room]

Requiem, who is avoiding nodding or moving her head, simply says: "Yeah, it's a little weird how often people's names seem to match their powers and such." I mean, it's not like she chose the name 'Requiem': it was her parents and society who gave it to her, before she had used the powers.

She would shrug now, but is afraid doing that might move her head around a small amount. "The only demons I've met was here at AMEN, and it was only briefly." Then, she adds: "Sorry."

Then!
    She gets on to telling her story. "My story's actually pretty boring and probably pretty standard for Nexus people. Grew up a pretty boring life. Second born, and not particularly good at anything, so I was always second in everything, no inheritance, and was just expected to die in some dumb war."

Thinking back, she takes a deep breath and sums everything up: "Then my brother lost control of his powers, turned into some nightmare beast, and I managed to capture him. Still hoping one day to become strong enough to turn him back."

...and that's it. Short story.
    [The Front Room]

"Perhaps what determines one's powers in this world is the name they're given. You're called Requiem, hence you get thematically-appriopriate powers." Shuyoru responds, continuing to snip away at her hair, holding small bunches of it in his little hands per snip.

He listens to her story, silent and focusing on what's before him. "Your brother, you say? I'd like to hear more about him." He could help... or, he could make use of the nightmare beast. But then, helping would score him points with Requiem, which could be useful. "Oh, but where are my manners? I owe you a story of mine."

"I was the family scapegoat of a big crime family, a weak child maltreated by my siblings, until I went to live with my grandmother. Turns out the dark side of our family was that some were made 'vampires'. Weak as I was, she thought it best to ignore the rule to wait until I was older, and turned me. Evil is much more fun than doing good, whether it's methodical or chaotic, though I prefer the 'long game', myself. This was... centuries ago. Survived this long by picking my battles, unlike my older siblings. Say, does AMEN have need of slaves? I could help."

"Almost done with the hair." He adds, checking to see if they're straight. "So, asides your brother, I also have to wonder what you're doing in such an organization."

[AMEN Greeter Staff Application - Outside]

The henchman leaves as he is waved of as assumed.

A message arrives in return:
    "Not everyone knocking here is a potential 'member'. They are visitors with an issue. And people who try to destroy our stuff can be seen as hostile"
    [Yewa to Zefir]

Yewa sends back a reply containing Shuyoru's details. "This is my boss and handler, and he'd like to join too. If you need slaves, or drugs to make the population more pliable, he can help."

The man raises his eyebrows. "Fascinating. I've only seen a living house once before, and that was controlled by a rather nasty witch..." He shakes his head, then smiles. "I have some goals which I have heard you can help me with. Plus, I'm sure I can help you with yours."
    [Camera-Crushing Visitor]

A high-pitched voice comes out of the speakers, layered with a deeper voice supplied by the living base to make it sound creepier. "Like, if you totally wanna join... DON'T ****ING TRY TO DESTROY OUR STUFF!" She yells, personality changing mid-sentence. "You totally sound legit, but, like, how do we know it's not a ruse? Destruction of property does not work out in your favour." She does it again!
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

A high-pitched voice comes out of the speakers, layered with a deeper voice supplied by the living base to make it sound creepier. "Like, if you totally wanna join... DON'T ****ING TRY TO DESTROY OUR STUFF!" She yells, personality changing mid-sentence. "You totally sound legit, but, like, how do we know it's not a ruse? Destruction of property does not work out in your favour." She does it again!
    The man raises his eyebrows. "Well don't you sound like a fun person to be around!" While the words sounds like sarcasm, the man says it with a tone suggesting he genuinely thinks personality changing voices sound fun. The man simply shrugs after saying this, then responds to the question. "Technically, you could never know unless you had some sort of lie detector. Will it help if I tell you I can raise armies of powerful undead, which, assuming you help me, can be put to work for AMEN?"

25. - Top - End - #205

[Front Room]

Requiem 'hmmm's and 'uh-huh's as he tells his story and talks.

"So you're pretty intelligent, patient, and sadistic," she comments. "Good to know."

"Thanks." For the hair.
    Anyway. She shrugs, in response to his 'slaves' question. "AMEN itself isn't particularly in need of any slaves as far as I'm aware," she admits, "but one person who recently joined would probably be willing to use some in his science experiments. Not to mention, we kind-of recently formed an alliance with a group who participates in the slave trade, so depending on what you can do that might be another bargaining chip we could use."

She continues to keep her head still so that he can keep on checking the hair. "Long story short, I joined with the group..." She holds her hands out and starts counting up on her fingers, "...six? seven? bosses ago. I really respected that boss -- which is probably one of the reasons the current boss doesn't completely trust me yet -- and enjoyed my time here, and I technically never stopped being a member so I figured, might as well come back here and be part of it again."

Pretty shallow reason, right?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [New...Recruits?]

"Indeed, I thought you might like to inspect them," Zenon says with a nod.

As if by some unseen signal, the pair with him draw back their hoods and remove their robes, revealing a body structure similar to Zenon's own. Armored gauntlets and greaves over a human-sized and shaped body that appears to be wearing a more cloth-like armor. Their heads lack his helmet's ornamentation, and notably, a face, instead simply a smooth, seamless black surface that extends and integrates with the auditory sensors. Their colors match Zenon's, black, trimmed with red and white, though that could probably be changed if Zefir wishes. Curiously, they don't seem to be armed, lacking even the thigh holsters that Zenon possesses. They stand at attention after revealing themselves and say nothing.

Zenon gestures towards them.

"They are sturdy, more durable than mortal troops at least, and can be deployed in most environments without needing special equipment. Damage that would down or require immediate medical assistance for normal mortal troops can be routed around, to keep them active, albeit at reduced capacity. Their AI is sub-sentient, but they can follow complex orders and pursue simple goals within certain parameters, and their AI is protected from tampering by every means I am currently aware of, including both magical and psionic, as well as a powerful barrier maze filled with black ICE."

He stands away from them, so Zefir can approach and get a better look.

"The protections do mean that they aren't as strong or fast as they could be, but I felt the added protection from tampering was necessary. They are competent with most basic weapons, and derivatives thereof, which means we can recycle equipment that's used by our mortal forces to arm them for whatever mission is at hand. Of course, it is possible to refit them with built-in weapons systems, should the need arise, but I felt the basic, general use versions would be most easily integrated into our forces at first."

((OOC, these guys are slightly more durable than your standard armor-wearing mook, able to perhaps survive loss of a limb or two before going down. The only other notable quirk is the extreme difficulty in hacking them. Otherwise, they're basically equivalent to standard NPC mooks, though they don't really have personalities, and they have pretty much zero initiative if they haven't been given orders to do something.))
    [Office - New...Recruits?]

Zefir stands up to observe the pair. He is especially looking for the construction itself. maybe he can copy it and add it to his own projects. Thought he won't get much more then design unless he opens them up.

"Black ICE? As in frozen black water or what does ICE stand for?" he says. Zefir the character might know what it is, but Zefir the player has no idea.

"Having the standard is okay for now. We don't have any special tasks right now, which aren't filled by members . The future will show how much need we got of them. If you speak of hacking I would know how they know who is in charge of them. will they only listen to you or do they got a protocoll to not harm AMEN members?"

[Yewa to Zefir]

Yewa sends back a reply containing Shuyoru's details. "This is my boss and handler, and he'd like to join too. If you need slaves, or drugs to make the population more pliable, he can help."

[Yewa to Zefir]

Zefir is a bit confused as he got the basic informations of Shuyoru. Those basic informations aren't really telling him enougth to judge him.

"Send him to office 2 when he is done talking. I will have to diskuss membership with him."

27. - Top - End - #207

NinjaGuy

"ICE is an acronym. It may have been shortened at some point, it stands for Intrusion Countermeasures and Elimination. I believe the Elimination portion may have been removed at some point; it's somewhat redundant. Black variants of such software are designed to kill the hacker if they're using a neural connection, and destroy their systems if not," Zenon explains. The pair's construction is advanced, but given enough time, Zefir could probably replicate their outer forms, at least. Matching their internal construction would naturally require him to disassemble one of them, but it might be possible, depending on Zefir's level of expertise in such advanced cybernetics and robotics.

"As to how they know who is friend and foe, I've already taken the liberty of imprinting you, myself, and Omiko as command level authority, and for them to recognize our own vehicle and soldier identification protocols. I've also added a few of the known VIGIL members that Omiko and I encountered in Riverside as known enemies, but they will add more to their databases as we give them orders. We can, of course, add specific personnel manually as both friend and foe as well. Currently, only you, Omiko, and myself have authorization to add or remove friendly or non-friendly personnel to their databases outside of their own limited learning protocols, but this can be expanded to other trusted personnel as needed. One of us will need to enact the change, naturally."

28. - Top - End - #208

ATTENTION MEMBERS!

[Meeting Room]

Zefir will call up on all the members or at least those who got a membership by him. ((People can join in if they get the membership during the meeting))

The meeing hall hasn't changed since the last times Zefir called in. The room is one of the wider and bigger ionce even allowing a dragon to take place. In the past that might even have happened. A big table is put in the middle of the room surrounded with many chairs. The number seems to be higher then there are members, since AMEN used to have more member in the past. One of the chairs appears a bit more fency not only is it a bit bigger, it also got many ornates like dragon heads as armrests and wings on the the back.
    Zefir will already sit in this one shifting a few paper around. When the known members are their or at least all that want to come, he starts.

"Hello everyone. I called you in to share some informations related to the Riverside attack.
    As you all should know I withdraw from taking any land there and instead took Ilpholin as our hostage. For the new people, she once was a leader here, but she attemped to get us terminated in a previouse attack on riverside. She nearly succed."
    Zefir is silent for a moment befor he goes on.
    "As it is now I assume there will be a rescue action soon, since some people already called it back in Riverside. We don't have enougth intel to know the numbers or the exact moment, but I assume it will be a big scale attack. With a giant and other known specialists they will take advantage of our low numbers. Since this will be a fight on our ground we will have an advantage. The henchman already set up traps , which you all should memorize in case you need them." He pushes a button and a map will appear on a screen behind him. The map shows the traped pats, most will be the direct way to the hostage area(They asume they will go there directly.). The traps will be case doors, trap doors, dart traps, the cheap stuff you find in 99% of the dungeons.
    "The traps are offline so we don't need to care every step, we need to activate them in the case." Zefir adds.
    "The clone tanks shoudl be our first priority to defend even over the hostage. Also the live of our members has more value then the hostage in this case."

After a pause he points at Omiko. (Who is hopefully here)
    "Omiko will take the head roll of the infirmary. See her if you are in need of treatment."

"Any questions?"

((POSting later for this due to time)

29. - Top - End - #209

NinjaGuy

[Meeting Room]

Zenon leans back in his chair for a moment, his expression unreadable.

"And who will be guarding the prisoner, then?"

30. - Top - End - #210

[Meeting Room]

Requiem, a blonde woman in a white dress and with a recent hair-cut, is attending the meeting.

She listens.
    Like Zenon, she too has a comment - even though her's isn't a question. She volunteers: "I probably won't be as useful as our cameras and sensors, but I'll keep a spare body by the cloning tanks. So long as they're not soulless husks, I should be able to sense them if they come near."

Keeping her attention divided like that would make it a bit harder for her to concentrate, but it should be better than nothing.

Meanwhile
    Around the Base

Maria doesn't seem like the kind of gal Zefir would've invited. In the first place, he never inducted her or handled any of her paperwork or - unlike Requiem - filled out any sort of updated contract with Zefir.

Plus, honestly, "important meeting" and "crazy witch whose only enjoyment in life is to blow things up" usually don't go well together.

Instead, her own ashes just drift around AMEN's valcano and interior just like any other ash. She hasn't re-materialized yet.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.