New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Outside XX

This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
    Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
    Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
    Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
    Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
    Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
    The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
    The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.
    The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.
    Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about.

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Dead Pine Lake]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

Spoiler
    Show

[The Islands]
    Spoiler
    Show

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]
    Spoiler
    Show

Gersemi the seighkona lives on a small island in the archipelago with a single hut and a few sheep. Inside the hut, there is a single room, and a fireplace. A loom rests in one corner.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Gersemi.)

[Redbrick Falls]
    Spoiler
    Show

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]
    Spoiler
    Show

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

PM Whoever's posted the current Outside thread if you wish to add locations to Outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XX

Reposted as a quote tree from the past thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Oak Tree]

Dani giggles and nods. "Yeah, really! I mean it!"
    She then looks at Ana again. "Would a hug help?" she asks, not wanting to offer one if not wanted. Given thei respective states of dress.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    [Oak Tree]
    "I'm really sorry about that. I would've warned you if I could..." Ember is worried about Ana and it shows.
    "Do you need to lie down? We've got some extra clothes and beds in the rooms..."
    NINJA'D BY BR!
    Ember smiles at Dani and grabs another drink from Barchol.
    Drinks are always good for suppressing stuff, right?

[Oak Tree]

Well, Ana is wearing a T-shirt.. so it's not a big deal.

"Sure.. and sure" She'll accept both the offer of the hug and the bed. She'll hug Dani back weakly. "Yeah I'm sure you would have warned me... I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't have listened. Too stubborn for my own good." She'll grin also weakly.

If they have a towel she could always put her own clothes back on. Which were in the change room.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]
    "There's towels in the changing room, third tunnel on the left leads to the bedrooms," Ember says to Ana before turning about to hug Atoya.
    "I'm really glad we're all okay."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

Wait, was that something about Ana getting hurt. Here it comes... 3, 2, 1...

Damn Stupid Conscience. Won't Let Me Leave...

Crae stops on his way out and goes to lean against a wall, waiting to see if there in anything else he can help with. He's not good with mental stuff, but you never know.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Oak Tree]

"I think you ladies have more need of clothes than I right now."

"I can always buy new ones. Don't worry about it. Consider it my gift for you holding the party." Reinholdt shrugs slightly and puts the hat back on his head, it turning into a Fez hat again.
    Reinholdt's post may have been missed cause he put up the new thread. Or may have not been. But that's ok.

Not sure what to do at this point, he goes to put out the remaining fire if Ember has no more need of it and find a chair to sit down.

Boy these parties here were something else.

^ Didn't he leave like a gazillion posts ago?
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-12-19 at 07:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]
    "Saving my life in thanks for a party? Yeah, that totally makes sense. I'll go see Maya when all this is done, she can grow priceless gems from dirt!" Ember laughs at FHR.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

Dani hugs Ana tightly, giggles, and smiles. "I know that feeling!" she says with a giggle, straightening back up, and stepping over back torwards Ember with a smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #8

^ Didn't he leave like a gazillion posts ago?
    ((No, he started to leave right as Ana almost passed out, and then he ended up not doing it, which I was trying to post earlier, but then kept getting distracted.))
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

9. - Top - End - #9

[Oak Tree]

Ana struggles to her feet, to make her way to a change room.. and a towel.

A little while of drying off later she'll pull back on her sleeveless backless ruby red top, jeans and not shoes since she was going to be going to a bed.

"Beds? In a temple. Let me guess they are often used by the lovers you've united." Ana smiles warmly at ember. It was meant as a joke after all. Before slowly making her way to the bedrooms.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]
    Ember shrugs at Ana.
    "I dunno. I don't watch the guests sleep."

(Recaiden) He lives!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

Dani giggles, blushes, and goes to slip an arm around Ember's waist to lean against her with a smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    [Oak Tree]
    "Saving my life in thanks for a party? Yeah, that totally makes sense. I'll go see Maya when all this is done, she can grow priceless gems from dirt!" Ember laughs at FHR.
    "Priceless you say?"
    >>
    FHR is still a little greedy. Course, he donates most of his treasure usually to Melody's Orphanage. Which doesn't exist here, so I suppose he'll have to find a new cause to donate too. But frankly, buying all those clothes back woulda put him close to broke.

He shakes his head a bit.
    "But no. I can't ask for a reward for that. It wouldn't feel right. The assistance I gave was freely given. Please do not feel required to do something for me."
    ... I could smack him. PRICELESS GEMS.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

"Priceless you say?"
    >>
    FHR is still a little greedy. Course, he donates most of his treasure usually to Melody's Orphanage. Which doesn't exist here, so I suppose he'll have to find a new cause to donate too. But frankly, buying all those clothes back woulda put him close to broke.
    Meanwhile on

[Gersemi's Isle]

Melody's mother, Happy, takes care of the orphans Melody adopted.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #14

[Oak Tree]

Ana just nods in amusement as she makes her way to a bed.

Where she can curl up and get over this mental fatigue...
    Awww she looks adorable all curled up in bed. Hair having fallen over her face. And a peaceful look on her face.

She probably looks kissable too.. No... bad player. No giving the other characters idea.

It's just an unbiased account really >.>

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Meanwhile on

[Gersemi's Isle]

Melody's mother, Happy, takes care of the orphans Melody adopted.
    Where he comes from, it's a prominent chain of orphanages that are all around in various locations. That was just the name.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

The trouble now over, Atoya slips back into the hot tub.
    "Eggnog!" She exclaims, desiring another drink. "Reiny, Ember, Dani, get in here!"

She grins, probably not fully expecting the three to actually head right back into the tub, if ever
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]
    Ember is leaned upon by Dani!
    "I sorta like Dani's idea of forgetting about Kirk and continuing the party...Does anyone else agree with that? I mean, we've still got a hot tub, drinks, and all that..."
    NINJA'D AGAIN!
    Ember shuffles over to the hot tub lake. She's a bit careful about getting in now. What with the hellrime and all that. There's none in the water, but Ember isn't sure how it works.
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2010-12-19 at 08:23 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

Dani grins broadly, and bounces up.

To try and give Ember a quick peck on the cheek!

Then giggles and rushes over to the hot tub happily, splashing in, then turning to offer any help Ember needs in sliding in, herself.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

"... I guess I'll go get my swimsuit back on then." Reinholdt sighs a little at the minor inconvenience and stands to head back to the changing room. Again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #20

[Oak Tree]

Oh, hey, look, everything's fine now, you can leave Crae.

Crae?

Crae!

Don't make me make you sleepwalk.

Fine, just stay there sleeping against the wall.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"... I guess I'll go get my swimsuit back on then." Reinholdt sighs a little at the minor inconvenience and stands to head back to the changing room. Again.
    [Oak Tree]

"If you have to..." Atoya winks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]
    Ember giggles softly when Dani kisses her, and slides into the water. She's still a little shaky, but she's doing her best to have fun.

(Recaiden) He lives!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

And Dani is already brandishing a glass of eggnog at Ember, having another one in her other hand to drink herself. "We're gonna have fun no matter what those meanies think," she declares with a grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

"Well I'm not going to get the clothes I have on me wet all things considered."

Reinholdt steps out into the changing room!

A few minutes later he comes out in the same swimsuit he had earlier. It was all wet and stuff, so he didn't throw it on the fire. He then slides into the hot tub.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

Atoya takes a drink of eggnog, and then just lays on her back, floating on the warm water, long black hair splayed out everywhere.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]
    Ember gladly downs the eggnog.
    She's doing her best not to involuntarily use the friendly aura, but it's sort of a natural defense, so there's small bursts of it.
    She wades out towards the deeper waters and just lies on her back, letting the currents from the springs push her around. She undoes her braids and her hair splays out and floats over the water.
    She's got some impressively sexy hair.

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

[Oak Tree, cavens under, hot tub]

Dani giggles and floats over torwards Ember, wearing a fair bit of eggnog on her face. Floating on her back too. "You have gorgeous hair..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]
    "Oh, please," Ember reaches out to twirl a bit of Dani's hair around her finger, "Yours is so much prettier."

You may be wondering why Ember can have such low self esteem considering some of the stuff she wrote on wallchan.
    I am too, so don't worry.

(Recaiden) He lives!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

Reinholdt has no eggnog. He won't take it either.
    Now that things have calmed down, his blush at Dani's toplessness is returning and he'd rather be in full control of his inhibitions lest something stupid happen as a result. He does his best not to stare and so kinda looks around awkwardly at the ceiling. He doesn't float on his back though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

[Oak Tree]

Thankfully, Dani isn't paying attention to FHR. And has also rolled over to float on her front.
    Not that that's much help, considering her swimsuit...
    "Awww, you think so? Thanks! But yours is prettier still! Mine's just red but yours is all lush and lustrous..."
    And Dani goes to run a hand through it.
    "What do you think, Atoya?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew