New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

I mean, Campbell got his position by blackmailing a lot of overseers. They were probably happy to have an excuse to exile him.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

And he was flagrantly breaking their strictures. You did the more devout overseers a favour, really.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Campbell wasn't well liked and not like they can remove the big brand that marks him as a heretic, right? Just following the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's not that big a deal, it's explainable as to why Campbell is 100% ousted because of our overt actions, I just kinda wanted them TO explain it.
    Anyway for those of you curious I'm okay. Just had some gross early morning sickness I'm good *thumbs up*
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-19 at 09:23 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245

Beholder

Dishonored is sometimes..... not the best at showing the consequences of your actions. Sometimes its good at it though.

Just realized you will probably like the way how to deal nonlethally with the Pendleton twins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

6. - Top - End - #246

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Dishonored is sometimes..... not the best at showing the consequences of your actions. Sometimes its good at it though.
    With respect to Campbell:

Spoiler
    Show

If you don't kill him, it's possible to find him as a Weeper in one of the later missions--which just goes to show that the "non-lethal" option in Dishonored is often worse than just flat out killing them!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Oh dear, Zodi. I hope you get well soon.
    Edit: Oh, that's good. Glad it was just something temporary.

Weepers are, uh, a thing, geez.

Spoiler: Takedowns
    Show
    Episode Non-Lethal Lethal Total
    1 0 4 4
    2 4 8 12
    3 0 0 0
    4 0 0 0
    5 6 2 8
    6 9 7 16
    7 2 3 5
    8 3 0 3
    9 7 0 7
    10 16 1 17
    11 2 0 2
    Total 49 25 74
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2019-08-19 at 12:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    With respect to Campbell:

Spoiler
    Show

If you don't kill him, it's possible to find him as a Weeper in one of the later missions--which just goes to show that the "non-lethal" option in Dishonored is often worse than just flat out killing them!
    Spoiler
    Show

What mission is that? I branded him in my Clean Hands playthrough but never spotted him as a Weeper.

Also, yes. Weepers count as people for your kill counter and Chaos ratings.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-08-19 at 12:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

What mission is that? I branded him in my Clean Hands playthrough but never spotted him as a Weeper.

Also, yes. Weepers count as people for your kill counter and Chaos ratings.
    Can't recall the mission name atm, but it's the one where

Spoiler
    Show
    Corvo gets kidnapped by Daud and his assassins and has to retrieve his gear. You'll meet Campbell wheeper near where your gear is.

As for Campbell himself... I believe the Heart will point out Campbell breaks Seven Strictures(yes, all of them) on a daily basis, as an internal joke.

I imagine this secret is one rather well known amongst the order. As such, it would come as little suprise they are actually happy to get rid of high overseer the easy way.
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2019-08-19 at 03:22 PM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    As for Campbell himself... I believe the Heart will point out Campbell breaks Seven Strictures(yes, all of them) on a daily basis, as an internal joke.
    It did indeed point that out, yes.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Corrupt Overseers want him out because he's in their way of gaining more power and potentially even getting into the big chair themselves. I sincerely doubt Campbell didn't make any enemies in his selfish sacrilegious blasphemous climb to the top of a religious order.

Pure Overseers know full well he's a corrupt snake and are glad to see such a man removed from power. Maybe if he were a good, righteous man who followed all the strictures perfectly someone might stick up for him, but given he breaks all of the strictures EVERY SINGLE DAY I doubt anyone would even bother. I'm not sure if they believe in any kind of God or Karma or something but if they do they probably ascribe it to that.

Either way, it's not like they can remove the brand; the damage is done.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

So here's a question for people who completed this game already, preferably with multiple different attempts at solving problems.

I've already said I attempted playing the first game with Clean Hands in mind but somehow failed, despite the end of mission screens stating I haven't killed anybody in any mission. I'll try that again, once I finish the second game, which I'm currently playing, also going for Clean Hands. No death so far, so I'm optimistic at least Emily can succeed where her father failed

But, I would like to one day replay the game with high chaos in mind, if only to see how differently the game plays under those conditions. With that in mind...

Is it possible to achieve Shadow(you know, the one where you're never seen in the whole game?) achievement in high chaos, where you're basically going for "no witnesses left" approach? Or is the achievement voided if a body is found or alarm rung?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Is it possible to achieve Shadow(you know, the one where you're never seen in the whole game?) achievement in high chaos, where you're basically going for "no witnesses left" approach? Or is the achievement voided if a body is found or alarm rung?
    Yes. Stealth kill everybody. Hide the bodies (a body being discovered or an alarm being rung doesn't break Shadow, only a guard actually detecting you does).

That said, High Chaos Shadow is very, very difficult. High Chaos maps are quite a bit more threatening than Low Chaos, obviously, but there are two missions that are near impossible to get Shadow on high chaos.

Spoiler: Major late game spoilers
    Show

First, you have the confrontation between Slackjaw and Granny Rags, the hardest part of any Shadow run. You can just kill Slackjaw to get through it in high chaos, though, so it's not terrible as long as the game doesn't glitch. It's notorious for doing so and disabling the achievement. So yeah. Best to skip out the Granny Rags questline and not have to deal with this at all.

Next, you have the mission where you need to take down Daud. If he detects you, your Shadow run is done with. If any of his goons detect you, same deal. On high chaos the Whalers are extremely alert and positioned to make sneaking past them an exercise in extreme frustration. The last room before Daud in particular is full of extremely vigilant teleporting killers who it's near impossible to pick off one at a time. It's technically possible, but very hard.

Finally, there's the last mission. You aren't supposed to get through this one without being seen on High Chaos. If Martin spots you, you're done. Pendleton? Even though he's not an enemy, it's over. Havelock, with virtually no way to safely approach him? Yep, you lose. And all this on a mission filled with enemies who are constantly on full alert, swarming all over the place and out for your blood. This is where my High Chaos ghost run died. After six or seven hours failing to get anywhere I gave up, pulled out good old Bend Time and murdered everyone, then put the game away for a while. I'm told it can be done, and I've seen walkthroughs of it, but good luck pulling it off yourself.

Regarding Campbell, something else to keep in mind with his non-lethal elimination is that he doesn't have his blackmail material any more. Martin does. Even if you hadn't Branded him, he'd have found himself ousted from his position fairly quickly. The Brand mostly just gives everyone a good excuse to get rid of him without any mess or fuss.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    One of the better ways to do it if you don't care about Ghost is to break the two glasses, which causes Campbell to lead Curnow down to his secret hedonism lair and attempt to kill him with a sword. If you interrupt the scene after Campbell has drawn his sword, but before he kills Curnow - possibly by sleep-darting Campbell - then Curnow will have a short scene where he thanks you for saving him and tells you he's not going to trigger an alarm as thanks. Then he runs out of the area and counts as saved.

Arkane did a really good job of contingency planning.
    On my current Clean Hands/Ghost run, I broke the glasses to get them to turn away from each other and far from any guards. Took a few tries but then I took them out on the stairs with a strangle/sleep dart combo.

So here's a question for people who completed this game already, preferably with multiple different attempts at solving problems.

I've already said I attempted playing the first game with Clean Hands in mind but somehow failed, despite the end of mission screens stating I haven't killed anybody in any mission. I'll try that again, once I finish the second game, which I'm currently playing, also going for Clean Hands. No death so far, so I'm optimistic at least Emily can succeed where her father failed

But, I would like to one day replay the game with high chaos in mind, if only to see how differently the game plays under those conditions. With that in mind...

Alarms and bodies do not count. Getting the checkmark for no detections at the end of missions means you're ok. Found bodies may however lead to guards moving more erratically, which increases the danger of getting spotted.
    Shadow on High Chaos is probably harder, since you spawn Weepers with that.

edit: Corvoed by someone who knows way more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    A small part of me wishes I wasn't doing a blind playthrough so I could show off cool bits like that.

Someone who is good at the game should show off cool stuff I miss after I miss it, maybe.
    I wouldn't call myself good at the game, but I'll try to take some screenshots if I happen upon alternate solutions.

One thing I noticed that went different was the scene in the bunkhouse. In your video, they stab the guy from behind. In my playthrough, he voluntarily kneeled down and was then impaled with his own saber.

Do you want to know about stuff like missed loot or scenes after you are done with a mission?
    Last edited by Iruka; 2019-08-20 at 01:42 PM.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

15. - Top - End - #255

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Yes. Stealth kill everybody. Hide the bodies (a body being discovered or an alarm being rung doesn't break Shadow, only a guard actually detecting you does).
    Use the summon rat ability--stealthy kill with no body left behind and can be cast from a distance!

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    I wouldn't call myself good at the game, but I'll try to take some screenshots if I happen upon alternate solutions.

One thing I noticed that went different was the scene in the bunkhouse. In your video, they stab the guy from behind. In my playthrough, he voluntarily kneeled down and was then impaled with his own saber.

Do you want to know about stuff like missed loot or scenes after you are done with a mission?
    Sure, I don't mind learning about loot or scenes I missed as long as the final video on that part is done, and I can't go back unless by like, replaying the mission itself.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post

That said, High Chaos Shadow is very, very difficult. High Chaos maps are quite a bit more threatening than Low Chaos, obviously, but there are two missions that are near impossible to get Shadow on high chaos.

Spoiler: Major late game spoilers
    Show

First, you have the confrontation between Slackjaw and Granny Rags, the hardest part of any Shadow run. You can just kill Slackjaw to get through it in high chaos, though, so it's not terrible as long as the game doesn't glitch. It's notorious for doing so and disabling the achievement. So yeah. Best to skip out the Granny Rags questline and not have to deal with this at all.

Next, you have the mission where you need to take down Daud. If he detects you, your Shadow run is done with. If any of his goons detect you, same deal. On high chaos the Whalers are extremely alert and positioned to make sneaking past them an exercise in extreme frustration. The last room before Daud in particular is full of extremely vigilant teleporting killers who it's near impossible to pick off one at a time. It's technically possible, but very hard.

Finally, there's the last mission. You aren't supposed to get through this one without being seen on High Chaos. If Martin spots you, you're done. Pendleton? Even though he's not an enemy, it's over. Havelock, with virtually no way to safely approach him? Yep, you lose. And all this on a mission filled with enemies who are constantly on full alert, swarming all over the place and out for your blood. This is where my High Chaos ghost run died. After six or seven hours failing to get anywhere I gave up, pulled out good old Bend Time and murdered everyone, then put the game away for a while. I'm told it can be done, and I've seen walkthroughs of it, but good luck pulling it off yourself.

Regarding Campbell, something else to keep in mind with his non-lethal elimination is that he doesn't have his blackmail material any more. Martin does. Even if you hadn't Branded him, he'd have found himself ousted from his position fairly quickly. The Brand mostly just gives everyone a good excuse to get rid of him without any mess or fuss.
    Those are good informations, thanks I've been doing some research, by reading the wiki and apparently there is a medium high chaos and high high chaos, so to speak. The former where you kill between 20 and 50 percent of human population(weepers included) and the latter where you kill more than 50 percent of humans.

Does that make any difference in the number of hostiles? Or is just cosmetic?

Right now, I'm thinking of doing another Clean Hands playthrough, maybe pair it with Shadow? Sounds like it would be easiest if it would require a lot of save scumming. Barring that, I might do a third run, where I go for low chaos, but am not squeamish about eliminating targets that can prove convinient to do so.

Guess I'm really getting my money worth out of this game

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Use the summon rat ability--stealthy kill with no body left behind and can be cast from a distance!
    Or just spend 2 Runes on Shadow Kill and save your mana. Summoning rat swarms is reasonably effective, but mana-hungry and a bit unreliable, since a lot of enemies can run away from the rats.
    Those are good informations, thanks I've been doing some research, by reading the wiki and apparently there is a medium high chaos and high high chaos, so to speak. The former where you kill between 20 and 50 percent of human population(weepers included) and the latter where you kill more than 50 percent of humans.

Does that make any difference in the number of hostiles? Or is just cosmetic?

Right now, I'm thinking of doing another Clean Hands playthrough, maybe pair it with Shadow? Sounds like it would be easiest if it would require a lot of save scumming. Barring that, I might do a third run, where I go for low chaos, but am not squeamish about eliminating targets that can prove convinient to do so.

Guess I'm really getting my money worth out of this game
    It's probably more honest to call it high chaos and extremely high chaos, honestly. The differences are mostly in how people treat Corvo, it only makes any mechanical difference in the very last mission.
    Spoiler: Late game spoilers
    Show
    On extremely high chaos, Samuel the boatman betrays you and fires a flare immediately after dropping you off on the island, permanently putting every enemy in the level on maximum alert state.

In terms of challenge runs, pairing Clean Hands with Ghost is not super challenging. Mostly they involve doing the same things, so there are really only a couple of points in the game that turning a Ghost run into a Clean Hands run as well makes it noticeably more difficult. As long as you never have anything to do with Granny Rags and thus can avoid the sticky situation I mentioned previously, doing both together is quite viable. What Clean Hands doesn't pair well with is Mostly Flesh and Steel. That one's damn hard to pull off without killing people occasionally thanks to your dramatically reduced options for mobility. I know some people who did all three at once. Madmen, all of them.

You can still get Low Chaos without difficulty while killing a few people here and there. You can kill every single one of your assassination targets, plus everyone you get a quest that involves attacking, and still be quite a bit below the threshold for Low Chaos. Honestly, considering how cruel most of the non-lethal eliminations for the targets are, killing them outright seems a bit like mercy. Alternatively, I know for a fact that as long as you kill absolutely nobody else, you can kill every single Weeper in the game and still get the Low Chaos ending. Food for thought.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm proud to report Emily kept her hands... clean So now the only one missing Clean Hands is Corvo, for the first game. I intend to make his hands... very bloody for the second one

Okok, I was just about as far for Shadow as possible, but I still fell pretty good about not killing anything else other than couple of wolfhounds, ****ton of bloodflies and deconstructing some clockwork soldiers. Luckily, all of them are fair game The ending actually made me feel pretty good.

Now, according to tvtropes, there are some major things I managed to miss, so I'll have to get back into it some day and replay it. Two, if not three times.

It's such a good game
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2019-08-23 at 05:13 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260

Do you guys like a piss yellow filter on the screen and an LPer who's easily distracted by shiny things?

To bad.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [12] Dark Vision Days

Video Length: 25:45

In today's exciting episode of Dishonored, I figure out how to alter my hotbar and finally put grenades on it, and then also use the runes we have to upgrade Dark Vision! Now we have super eyes, letting us see security devices... as well as useful things, such as collectables, money items, and food. To put it bluntly, this was a very good decision but also a mistake. Let's make no qualms about it; I am very easily distracted by the desire to put a shiny shiny trinket in my pocket. So expect me to use Dark Vision to scout around far, far more often than previously. I feel like if anything, this proves my point about how Dark Vision should be on a seperate button instead of a left hand equipable power. Why does our left hand even let us turn our special eyes on anyway? That's silly.

That all aside, we return to the same area all of last mission took place (a surprise for me!) and prepare to make our way to the Golden Cat. Some buildings are locked off now, and the bridge is being watched by a very powerful gun turret tower which is pretty ominous. Turns out they didn't like how easily I got rid of Campbell. We are also advised that Slackjaw, the criminal mastermind who we poisoned the Elixir still of last time, is in town and likely willing to give us advice. After all no one actually SAW me going through his area, he doesn't know I did that... probably.

He mentions one of his guys was sent to Galvani's house and likely died in the process, so he needs someone (us) to go there and see what happened. In exchange, he offers to give us a better way to get into the Golden Cat beyond "the front door lol idiot". I see absolutely nothing negative with this suggestion, and after a bit of a frighten from the game once again deciding that hey, let's do something strange and offputting out of nowhere, we head off towards his office. But that'll have to wait until next time.

I hope you all enjoyed! I'll see you guys next Monday where we probably get over to Galvani's office, assuming I don't get distracted some more.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Well, mission's off to an... alarming start.

Ah, when you close one door on a person's hand, another one opens, apparently.

Spoiler: Takedowns
    Show
    Episode Non-Lethal Lethal Total
    1 0 4 4
    2 4 8 12
    3 0 0 0
    4 0 0 0
    5 6 2 8
    6 9 7 16
    7 2 3 5
    8 3 0 3
    9 7 0 7
    10 16 1 17
    11 2 0 2
    12 3 0 3
    Total 52 25 77

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Well, mission's off to an... alarming start.
    I am going to name one of my XCOM rookies after you, give her basic armor and weaponry and then throw her at a Sectopod that pun physically hurt me

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I am going to name one of my XCOM rookies after you, give her basic armor and weaponry and then throw her at a Sectopod that pun physically hurt me
    Bud you have the most innovative threats.

I spent like ten minutes trying to think of another pun to keep this going but I've got nothing.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Oops. Didn't mean to cause any pain. But, I suppose that's one way to get revenge. Virtually biSecting someone. Sure gives a new meaning to splitting your sides laughing.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Oops. Didn't mean to cause any pain. But, I suppose that's one way to get revenge. Virtually biSecting someone. Sure gives a new meaning to splitting your sides laughing.
    Charging WRATH CANNON

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Charging WRATH CANNON
    Well, I suppose that I'd wrather be annihilated in one shot by sheer anger than messily eviscerated.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I suppose that I'd wrather be annihilated in one shot by sheer anger than messily eviscerated.
    Sectopods don't eviscerate you, at least not in the game I played. They can stand up like 3 stories tall, have 3 actions per turn (any/all of which can be shooting at you) and can fire a single massive AOE shot called a Wrath Cannon.

But have fun being murdered horribly by the filthy xenos.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-08-23 at 07:16 PM.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Sectopods don't eviscerate you, at least not in the game I played. They can stand up like 3 stories tall, have 3 actions per turn (any/all of which can be shooting at you) and can fire a single massive AOE shot called a Wrath Cannon.

But have fun being murdered horribly by the filthy xenos.
    Seems like some disproportionate punishment. You're really killing the mood here. Is it such an alien concept to just groan and accept them? I mean, I know that that can be a tall order, but it makes life a lot easier.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Speaking of disproportionate punishment, I decided to do an opinionated analysis of the various Targets across the first two games and their non-lethal eliminations versus assassinations. Spoilers abound, obviously, and I don't include anything from Death of the Outsider because I haven't played it.
    Spoiler: Seriously, Spoilers
    Show

Spoiler: Not Kidding
    Show

Spoiler: D1
    Show

High Overseer Campbell: Branded and exiled as a heretic. Sucks, but probably Better Than Death (ignoring his future destiny as a plague zombie victim).
    Pendleton Twins: Heads shaved, tongues cut out, slave miners for the rest of their lives. A Fate Worse Than Death.
    Anton Sokolov: Non-lethal only, so N/A.
    Lady Boyle: Kidnapped and imprisoned by a love-obsessed stalker. The icky implications of this make it A Fate Worse Than Death.
    Hiram Burrows: Overthrown and locked in prison. Better Than Death, though he might argue otherwise - Coldridge Prison isn't a great place to live.
    Daud: Sparing his life is, by definition, Better Than Death. (its also canon, FWIW).

Merciful Eliminations: 3/5.

Spoiler: D1 DLC
    Show

Bundry Rothwild: Ship him to the frozen north and an unknown fate. Most likely Better Than Death, but ambiguous.
    Arnold Timsh: Locked up in prison. As above for Burrows, still calling this Better Than Death.
    Leonard Hume: Captured and interrogated by the Whalers. Since that probably means 'tortured before being executed anyways', I'll call this A Fate Worse Than Death.
    Edgar Wakefield: Knocking him out means Lizzie kills him instead, so N/A.
    Mortimer Hat: He explicitly wants to die, so not killing him is A Fate Worse Than Death.
    Deliliah: The Void isn't really a fun place to be stuck in, I would imagine. I'll call this A Fate Worse Than Death, even though it's canon that she finds a way out.

Merciful Eliminations: 2/5

Spoiler: D2
    Show

Mortimer Ramsey: Being locked in the safe room temporarily is probably the most merciful elimination yet, Better Than Death.
    Alexandria Hypatia: Restoring her to sanity is unambiguously Better Than Death.
    Kirin Jindosh: Essentially lobotomizing him with electric shocks, A Fate Worse Than Death.
    Briana Ashworth: Stripping her of her Void magic just makes her a normal person again. She'll be miserable, but Better Than Death, IMO.
    Aramis Stilton: Knocking him out so he stays sane is Better Than Death, letting him go crazy is A Fate Worse Than Death.
    Luca Abele: Swapping him with his body double is Better Than Death in low chaos and A Fate Worse Than Death in high chaos.
    Delilah (Again): Trapping her in a fantasy world that gives her everything she's ever dreamed of, forever? It's sort of existentially horrific, but ar the same time probably Better Than Death.

Merciful Eliminations: Hard to calculate because of the multiple ending options, but assuming the 'best-case' Low Chaos path, 6/7. The worst-case High Chaos path is 4/7.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, Emily is the most 'merciful' character, followed by Corvo and then Daud. In High Chaos, Emily's ratio drops to second place, but if you're going for High Chaos you probably didn't spare their lives anyways.

Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-08-24 at 12:43 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270

BlackDragon

About Luca Abele:

Spoiler
    Show

I never played high chaos in D2 because I thoroughly disgusted myself following that route in D1--what's the difference between the low and high chaos versions of swapping him for his double?