New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: How Balanced Is A Team Of Six Heroes Goes Up Against The Devil?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    So what's the verdict? Is summons a good idea or a bad idea against the Pit Fiend?
    Well, Protection from Good only protects against summoned creatures' natural weapons and touch spells, and Blasphemy has a 40ft radius. So summons who have ranged abilities may be best.
    Join the 3.5e Discord server: https://discord.gg/ehGFz6M3nJ

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

What's TPK stands for?
    Total Party Kill.

'Nobody didn't die' means everybody died, since there was nobody who didn't die.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, we have a Ranger, a Cleric, a Rogue, a Wizard (Conjurer), a Paladin and a Bard go up against a Pit Friend. And all the six heroes are at Level 20. So do you think this will be an even fight for a balanced party to go up against a pit fiend from world domination?
    The way to balance this out is to create the demon yourself, cuz technically a demon is a "Person" that was so evil that the gods saw fit to punish them by changing their appearance to match the evil inside them (or at least thats the lore im going with) so technically you could BUILD your own devil. make it a level 23ish (probably 24) and give it the Half Fiend template or some other feindish template, you could even add class levels on top of that pit fiend to give it a fighting chance (i would suggest something weird like incarnate or true namer or dread necromancer or perhaps even shadowcaster (make sure to use the fix that makes it so you can get any 1st level spells to unlock second level spells and so forth cuz at level 5 you gain the OP spell called "FLicker" instant teleportation and 50% miss chance if used while someone is trying to hit you. you teleport up to 5ft/2cl and the spell lasts 1rnd/cl. its a pretty handy spell and there are several others for controlling a battlefield and funneling people to where you want them)
    Check me out on TikTok @OGDojo also check out my Youtube @ObscureGamingDojo
    All Martial Arts Begin with Imitation.
    Factotums are the weakest yet most powerful class, if built properly

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by OGDojo
    cuz technically a demon is a "Person" that was so evil that the gods saw fit to punish them by changing their appearance to match the evil inside them (or at least thats the lore im going with)
    I'm not sure your homebrew lore explanation is helpful to somebody else's game. That's... certainly not how any of the established game settings work, re: demons (or devils), that I'm aware of. o.O

Also:

incarnate or true namer or dread necromancer or perhaps even shadowcaster
    Thread was tagged as Pathfinder, and converting any of this stuff to PF from 3.5 seems like a lot of work for one enemy. >_>

5. - Top - End - #65
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoalpha View Post
    I'm not sure your homebrew lore explanation is helpful to somebody else's game. That's... certainly not how any of the established game settings work, re: demons (or devils), that I'm aware of. o.O

Also:

Thread was tagged as Pathfinder, and converting any of this stuff to PF from 3.5 seems like a lot of work for one enemy. >_>
    The actual lore is that an evil person is slowly broken down and forms a (lemure, dretch) Eventually, several coalesce to form a lesser demon/devil which can then eventually form into a greater entity.

Sometimes a single soul with enough power and evil can form a greater entity, but that is truly rare and the process, regardless of how it forms the entity, destroys the soul and will of the original creature.