New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    I play Pathfinder with friends tomorrow.
    Cool. Happy gaming.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Cool. Happy gaming.
    It was supposed to be a joke about the 6 word stories.

But it's also accurate. New campaign and enjoying it so far.

Playing an evil character for once. A Tiefling lawyer (class is bard) who worships Mephistopheles. Her goal is to become a succubus (still find it weird they're demons and not devils), and maybe eventually rule her own little corner of hell. If not that, at least a very comfy house with a bunch of incubus friends.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

But it's also accurate. New campaign and enjoying it so far.

Playing an evil character for once. A Tiefling lawyer (class is bard) who worships Mephistopheles. Her goal is to become a succubus (still find it weird they're demons and not devils), and maybe eventually rule her own little corner of hell. If not that, at least a very comfy house with a bunch of incubus friends.
    I didn't know it was a joke. Good joke though.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Neat character. Although I do now find myself wondering what the Celestial counterpart to succubi are.

I really need to get an online group together, but I'll need to work out what I'll try to run. Would need to be relatively simple, and most likely science fiction because I've played far more fantasy games.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Neat character. Although I do now find myself wondering what the Celestial counterpart to succubi are.
    It depends on how the cosmology handles sexuality.

If it's a "ain't nothing wrong with sex as long as it's not rape, adultery, or something that even the most tolerant of people would find disgusting or deviant" then you might have a race of beautiful angelic or fae-like people encouraging people to let go of their inhibitions in a safe, healthy way in order to have a more complete life or a more meaningful romantic relationship

On the other hand, if the cosmology places moral virtue on celibacy or chastity then you'd probably have a full-fledged "equal and opposite" thing going on, virginal waifs in concealing robes with supernatural powers that cool enflamed passions.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It depends on how the cosmology handles sexuality.

If it's a "ain't nothing wrong with sex as long as it's not rape, adultery, or something that even the most tolerant of people would find disgusting or deviant" then you might have a race of beautiful angelic or fae-like people encouraging people to let go of their inhibitions in a safe, healthy way in order to have a more complete life or a more meaningful romantic relationship

On the other hand, if the cosmology places moral virtue on celibacy or chastity then you'd probably have a full-fledged "equal and opposite" thing going on, virginal waifs in concealing robes with supernatural powers that cool enflamed passions.
    In the latter case where do baby elves come from.

I was more wondering in the case of standard Great Wheel D&D cosmology. In some settings I can make a good stab (in In Nomine they're probably a Mercurial whose powers are based on relationships).

But yes, the second case really annoys me. For a cosmology valuing celibacy I'd imagine something more along the lines of attractive people dressed modestly with divine duties focused on helping people form deep relationships. Focused more on controlling passions and seeing beyond them than cooling them.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

So anyway my supervisor calls me on the phone during work today. He said that he switching me back to my original work days which are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Oh, it well it was fun while it lasts the four-day weekend.

8. - Top - End - #218

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker has, as an expansion of the running gag of the usefulness and, subsequently, obsession on Big Boss and his sons, of cardboard boxes, includes a cardboard box thank with a cardboard canon that shoots fully functional cardboard grenades.

There has never been a thing from a videogame that I wanted more than this.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I play Pathfinder with friends tomorrow.
    *le gasp !*
    Waaaaait a minute...
    It wasn't a real horror story implying human sacrifices to the dice?
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    *le gasp !*

Waaaaait a minute...
    Nah, we don't really have access to anyone we'd want to sacrifice.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Bugbear in the Playground

In the latter case where do baby elves come from.
    From Virtue and Chastity!
    Now stop asking questions.

*le gasp !*

Waaaaait a minute...
    The Random Number God requires no sacrifice. The Random Number God simply claims whatever and whomever it likes.
    Last edited by Form; 2021-07-31 at 03:09 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222

Melt: Low sodium sliced turkey breast, from the in-store dli, with mozzarella shredded by hand, on artisan white bread, fried with extra-virgin olive oil-based cooking spray.

No mustard this time.

Results: Very mild flavor. Could probably use some kind of seasoning. Not bad, but not a combination I'll probably use unaltered again.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    From Virtue and Chastity!
    At least it isn't Looms.

Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

At least it isn't Looms.
    There was enough reality warper prodigy child with that one guy.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

15. - Top - End - #225

At least it isn't Looms.
    There was enough reality warper prodigy child with that one guy.
    I feel like there's a reference here that I'm not getting.

Unrelated: Has anyone ever met someone who could eat large amounts of food relative to what their age and level of activity would lead their caloric needs at without seeming to gain weight? Like, without an eating disorder or a medical condition.

I've been led to believe that people with "one of those metabolisms" exist but my own experiences and my knowledge of human biology tell me that this is impossible.

Also, physics. Assuming that the food is actually passing through the digestive system the matter and energy being absorbed has to go somewhere.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like there's a reference here that I'm not getting.
    I'm not sure if Cazero and I are talking about the same thing, because I've never actually read it. But I was referring to a certain divisive Doctor Who book.

Unrelated: Has anyone ever met someone who could eat large amounts of food relative to what their age and level of activity would lead their caloric needs at without seeming to gain weight? Like, without an eating disorder or a medical condition.

I've been led to believe that people with "one of those metabolisms" exist but my own experiences and my knowledge of human biology tell me that this is impossible.

Also, physics. Assuming that the food is actually passing through the digestive system the matter and energy being absorbed has to go somewhere.
    I believe there are relatively small differences in how much energy your metabolism requires, but in general the reason is down to a medical condition or a lot of exercise.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-07-31 at 03:11 PM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

I believe there are relatively small differences in how much energy your metabolism requires, but in general the reason is down to a medical condition or a lot of exercise.
    There are definitely lucky people who can eat a lot and not get fat.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Fidgeting burns a surprising amount of energy, that could be part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Fidgeting burns a surprising amount of energy, that could be part of it.
    ...And now I'm wondering if the insistence that children sit perfectly still at desks for most of a day five days a week nine months out of a year, no getting up to stretch, no fidgeting, and so in isn't related to the rise of rates of obesity in children.

As if I needed another reason to hate school.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

That sounds like me for most of my life.
    I've always been slim and my weight since late high school has always been around 70kg. (I'm 5' 10, or about 180cm tall) I've generally eaten whatever I wanted, and I wouldn't say I was particularly athletic. My activities have always included lots of walking, and most of my work life included walking and light lifting. I've never played regular sport or gone to the gym.
    In the last 2-5 years I've noticed that I'm wider around the waist, but my weight hasn't changed. Notably, in that time I've been spending more and more time at an office desk rather than working around the warehouse.
    I have no known/identified medical conditions other than being short-sighted. I eat very little junk food (at least not since University) and I'm just over 50. I've always been considered to have a "fast metabolism". I assume that I can eat a lot because my system doesn't efficiently pull energy out of what I eat.
    Last edited by Tarmor; 2021-07-31 at 07:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Really want to see Jungle Cruise. It's been a bit since I said that about a movie.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Really want to see Jungle Cruise. It's been a bit since I said that about a movie.
    I saw Jungle Cruise early this morning in IMAX. I made a thread about it.

23. - Top - End - #233

I saw Jungle Cruise early this morning in IMAX. I made a thread about it.
    I choose to not read that thread. Your past movie reviews tend to just outline the plot, and then say "I liked it a lot" or "I didn't like it that much". Assuming this one is in the same vein, that would just spoil the movie for me without really telling me anything else except your opinion.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-07-31 at 10:21 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I choose to not read that thread. Your past movie reviews tend to just outline the plot, and then say "I liked it a lot" or "I didn't like it that much". Assuming this one is in the same vein, that would just spoil the movie for me without really telling me anything else except your opinion.
    I'm trying to improve my reviews.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Regardless of that, presumably Peelee does not wish to take that risk when it comes to a movie he's excited for. What you consider review material and what he does are likely two different things, and it's valid to see a pattern and expect it to repeat.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

26. - Top - End - #236

That's great! I'll probably check it out after I see the movie.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

That's great! I'll probably check it out after I see the movie.
    Yeah, good call, it is still spoiler-y in a lot of ways.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Regardless of that, presumably Peelee does not wish to take that risk when it comes to a movie he's excited for. What you consider review material and what he does are likely two different things, and it's valid to see a pattern and expect it to repeat.
    Yes, I completely understand that I'm not going to spill the beans to spoiler the movie.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I completely understand that I'm not going to spill the beans to spoiler the movie.
    You do spoiler the movie in your review. Can't really elaborate right now, and certainly can't do it here without spoilers, but you do.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

You do spoiler the movie in your review. Can't really elaborate right now, and certainly can't do it here without spoilers, but you do.
    Yes, I got to stop doing that as well.