Or maybe a 1...
    Unfortunately rerailing uses 3d6...

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1181 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    I work in the DC sports media market.
    Is RG3 nice in person?

I was a fan of his when he played for Baylor, and I hated seeing his knee get destroyed ...
    (Yeah, this is off topic, but this is a one of a kind chance to get an answer from someone who knows)
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

3. - Top - End - #933
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Is RG3 nice in person?

I was a fan of his when he played for Baylor, and I hated seeing his knee get destroyed ...
    (Yeah, this is off topic, but this is a one of a kind chance to get an answer from someone who knows)
    I never met RG3, myself; those I work with who have met the man never had anything bad to say about him. My understanding "behind the scenes" when RG3 was still with the Redskins was that Dan Snyder spoiled the young QB and basically gave him carte blanche to overrule the coach, and that got to his (RG3's) head a bit; this created the perception that he was kind of a jerk, rather than the much more likely scenario that Dan Snyder just ruins everything he touches (it didn't help either that RG3/the team majorly regressed after his rookie year, either).

I did meet Kirk Cousins in person at a youth football camp. He was nice with the kids but a bit standoff-ish with the media folks (like not a jerk, just the minimal level of politeness required to get through the interviews). He was being hounded for autographs all that day, though, so I don't begrudge him that reaction.
    Last edited by The Aboleth; 2019-10-14 at 10:05 PM.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    Dan Snyder just ruins everything he touches
    Besides that business that made him filthy rich; yeah, it seems that way. Al Davis he's not.

Thanks for the insights. We now return you to your regularly scheduled digression into Star Wars, or something like that.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Besides that business that made him filthy rich; yeah, it seems that way. Al Davis he's not.

Thanks for the insights. We now return you to your regularly scheduled digression into Star Wars, or something like that.
    Since we talked about Snyder and DC, we could talk about Justice League
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

6. - Top - End - #936

Let's leave that particular can of worms buried in the bottom of the landfill.

So, with CW starting a series in the Bat-mythos, how long until we get someone Wonder Woman adjacent?

7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post

So, with CW starting a series in the Bat-mythos, how long until we get someone Wonder Woman adjacent?
    I’m hoping not long, I’d love to see Lynda Carter return as Wonder Woman and she does exist in some form on Earth-One if Kate mentioning her is to be believed.
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post

I must say, I thrilled to see Crisis

9. - Top - End - #939
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D.One View Post
    I must say, I thrilled to see Crisis
    It’s gonna be crazy and I love it, they shoved Lyla into a superhero costume and Pariah is there and a bunch of shows will show up and it’s already completely overshadowing most of the episodes (though Supergirl seems not overshadowed).
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It’s gonna be crazy and I love it, they shoved Lyla into a superhero costume and Pariah is there and a bunch of shows will show up and it’s already completely overshadowing most of the episodes (though Supergirl seems not overshadowed).
    Much of what DC s lacking in the Movieverse is fully there on Arrowverse. Arrow has had its problems, but it's a pretty good series, and shows us what a Batman series might be. Flash is colorful and funny and heroic, and the three main characters (Barry, Cisco and Caitlin) are so perfectly matched. And let's not forget fan-favorite Tom Cavanagh, who's just brilliant in all his roles. Supergirl is light, colorful and heroic too - the people behind last iterations of Superman should learn from that. The S means hope, after all. Legends of Tomorrow is bats**t crazy, and gloriously funny, because it doesn't take itself seriously most of the time. Black Lightning had a great first season, and a not so great more-of-the-same second season, but it's still good. I'm eager to see Batwoman, and I'm also eager to see all the crossovers and references in Crisis, because they'll be referencing lots of old series and movies for all we've been seeing.

Edit:

Past crossovers have been fantastic. I loved Invasion, liked very much Crisis on Earth X, and still have to see Elseworlds, that seems to be amazing for all I've seem until now.
    Last edited by D.One; 2019-10-15 at 05:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

Since we talked about Snyder and DC, we could talk about Justice League
    I know I say comic books aren't really in my interest, but I would be game to talk Super Friends.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Much of what DC s lacking in the Movieverse is fully there on Arrowverse. Arrow has had its problems, but it's a pretty good series, and shows us what a Batman series might be. Flash is colorful and funny and heroic, and the three main characters (Barry, Cisco and Caitlin) are so perfectly matched. And let's not forget fan-favorite Tom Cavanagh, who's just brilliant in all his roles. Supergirl is light, colorful and heroic too - the people behind last iterations of Superman should learn from that. The S means hope, after all. Legends of Tomorrow is bats**t crazy, and gloriously funny, because it doesn't take itself seriously most of the time. Black Lightning had a great first season, and a not so great more-of-the-same second season, but it's still good. I'm eager to see Batwoman, and I'm also eager to see all the crossovers and references in Crisis, because they'll be referencing lots of old series and movies for all we've been seeing.

Edit:

Past crossovers have been fantastic. I loved Invasion, liked very much Crisis on Earth X, and still have to see Elseworlds, that seems to be amazing for all I've seem until now.
    See the crossovers are where I fall out with the whole thing because I have no (legal) way of watching the series as they come out and have to get them on dvd. This means that in order to watch the full crossover story I have to get three boxsets, if I haven't watched one of the series before I then need to either get the series before or read what is going on, I then need to binge watch each of the series to where the story starts when I prefer to go through one thing at a time. If I could get all the crossover in one place on each of the relevant boxsets I might pick up another show but I dislike feeling forced to.

Still, I might need to look out for supergirl and I certainly want to see at least one season of batwoman

13. - Top - End - #943
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I apologize for being that guy. Is Rich doing ok? Usually, if there's this long of a break between comics, he'll post something on the home page.

Not complaining, just looking out.
    I'm not a pixie! Why does this thing call me a pixie?!

14. - Top - End - #944

Two things. Likely the next update will be a multipage thing, so that takes some time. Also, they just had to take time to scrub the Erfworld stuff from the site, which apparently was not as simple as it should've been (and hints to me that the site may go offline for maintenance during the between books pause).

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Also-also, he's probably hard at work writing the bonus strips, commentaries and the rest of the book's features. It needs to go to the printers in a little over a month, if not less. Crunch time for him, most likely.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Also-also-also, the subject of the comic's update schedule is a no-go on the forums.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Despite the fact that this comment will be read by probably no one, I wanted to take a moment to officially commemorate this moment in the Forum's history, as it leaves me feeling a bit nostalgic:

#1182 is now out, which means that this thread, the one for #1181, is now dead. #1181 features the (probable) last appearance of Hilgya until the epilogue. This means that the Hilgya debates, which have persisted for almost two years (since her return in #1105), are (presumably) now over (at least for a long while). It's the end of an OotS era, folks.
    "The genealogical trees at the end of the Red Book of Westmarch are a small book in themselves, and all but Hobbits would find them exceedingly dull." -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by nolongeralurker View Post
    Despite the fact that this comment will be read by probably no one, I wanted to take a moment to officially commemorate this moment in the Forum's history, as it leaves me feeling a bit nostalgic:

#1182 is now out, which means that this thread, the one for #1181, is now dead. #1181 features the (probable) last appearance of Hilgya until the epilogue. This means that the Hilgya debates, which have persisted for almost two years (since her return in #1105), are (presumably) now over (at least for a long while). It's the end of an OotS era, folks.
    Someone presumes that the fact that Hilgya won't be on panel means no one will be debating her.

Neat. I look forward to seeing your hopes and dreams crushed. There have been active Miko debate threads within the last year.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nolongeralurker View Post

I admire your optimism.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

20. - Top - End - #950
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hilgya being gone from the story for more than a decade didn't stop Hilgya being discussed so yeah I believe that is a tad optimistic.

Some of those discussions were about if Hilgya would return to the plot but there were also some that (at the very least) reflect the more recent one. I tried my best to stay away from the debates and wait to see where the plot was going with Hilgya (tbh I think I still am) because of those discussions.
    Last edited by goodpeople25; 2019-10-16 at 11:46 PM.