New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: EMPIRE2!-CWBG-VI-Save-The-Hufflepuffs!

Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    Technically, if they're cannibalistic, the heads could count as food/supplies/resources.

Might even count as riches and power as well. "I'm so powerful that I can afford to have this huge pile of heads just lying around without needing to eat them"

Frankly, there seems to be no good reason not to send them heads.

2. - Top - End - #362

Technically, if they're cannibalistic, the heads could count as food/supplies/resources.
    Those were only the ancient queens.
    Jelha De would do no such thing and I think that I said somewhere that Katrola wouldn't either.

Oh right. Also, the event that I forgot to link to this thread.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...4#post21267444
    Last edited by DimpleLoamsdown; 2016-10-04 at 11:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Damn, I was gunna suggest third party arbitration, Dimple. The very same Nihoni who defended the Larimp in the past is the head dog in the Nevarr, while the Nihoni remain Orthodox Eternal Soul. If you wanted to boost attendance, third party neutral ground might have worked...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Kill a PC's father? Well that's just the cost of doing business.
    Steal a PC's boots? Now it's personal.
    Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Unless we're arguing about alignment. In which case, you're wrong.

Former EMPIRE2! Player: Imperator of the Nihoni Dominion
    Former EMPIRE3! Player: Suzerain of the Phœnīx Estates
    Former EMPIRE4! Player: Margrave of the Margraviate of Rhune
    My Awesome Campaign Setting

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Deliberate double post!

Speaking of Nevarr, Zayuz, the battles were lovely. Such carnage. Much death. Wow.

Given the monumental effort you put in the whole thing (awesome!), it is not surprising that my incursion into 175 was overlooked, but I did invade it again.

Also, I was curious about what exactly happened in Allamus. The CU won by 10, yet lost their entire army?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Kill a PC's father? Well that's just the cost of doing business.
    Steal a PC's boots? Now it's personal.
    Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Unless we're arguing about alignment. In which case, you're wrong.

Former EMPIRE2! Player: Imperator of the Nihoni Dominion
    Former EMPIRE3! Player: Suzerain of the Phœnīx Estates
    Former EMPIRE4! Player: Margrave of the Margraviate of Rhune
    My Awesome Campaign Setting

5. - Top - End - #365
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    Nighteye, my tiny friend, you have not posted in the Lands thread.
    Done!

Also, Zayuz:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayuz View Post
    The Svea discover region 325B! It contains a resource of [Minor] Sun Stones and a population of 240,000!
    I believe this is my starting region and thus already well known by the Naids. The region they tried to explore was underground between 325B and 323B.

6. - Top - End - #366

Quote Originally Posted by woolli264 View Post
    So far it's basically just been torture and executions public or otherwise but if you wanted them to survive I could easily allow for that. Probably they'll be kept in poor living conditions with a daily beating and then maybe some other acts of violence at irregular intervals. Then they would also have any hair burnt off and probably be branded with symbols of the Onyx dragon and similar.
    Out of curiosity, how deep has the Onyx infiltration gotten? I assumed it was the leadership cadre but the general rank and file were just going along with what they were told. I'd rather not have to play Egan with even more PTSD given his already fragile grip following his brother's suicide and since Calvin didn't end up captured he'd be stuck alone. Would it be alright with you if I had him essentially use Fireheart to buy at least a more tolerable living situation? Essentially he'll give Fireheart to Paige/whoever and promise not to come after it so long as he's treated decently and not burned/branded/otherwise tortured. I could see this working on Lieutenant Mary or another subordinate if they weren't all fire and brimstone Onyx devotees but if they are I'll just work with an even more tortured character
    Thanks to Gengy for the avatar.

Rando delights in not being delightful - LapisCattis

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

Zayuz, 210 should not be unstable. It was a "friendly" war, remember?

Also, in Aed's memory, I would like to bring up the new player starting bonus again. We could use some new blood, but barring them taking over NPCs, they enter the game at this point with a significant handicap. We might want to think about reducing that a bit.
    People are losing the spirit of the Ides of March. It's not just about stabbing. It's about coming together to stab. In groups.

smuchmuch made my avatar.
    I played the Nemerians in Empire2!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EtuBrutus View Post

Not sure if srs.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

We could use some new blood
    How about really old blood? What regions are available?
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    How about really old blood? What regions are available?
    z-z-z-zab! Madness. There are a metric ton of npcs and quite a bit of black space.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Where is the map? I thought I just couldn't see it because most image hosts are blocked for me at work, but I can't find it now either.
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    Deliberate double post!

Speaking of Nevarr, Zayuz, the battles were lovely. Such carnage. Much death. Wow.

Given the monumental effort you put in the whole thing (awesome!), it is not surprising that my incursion into 175 was overlooked, but I did invade it again.

Also, I was curious about what exactly happened in Allamus. The CU won by 10, yet lost their entire army?
    Oh goodness, now that you mention it the note about keeping that in mind is still on my desktop. The way I did it was I saved all the war actions until the end, and because of it I managed to miss a couple. (Namely yours and Besina.)

Because of this fault I'll grant you the region at no troop cost, and you can assume the battle was a success. I know this could be considered a soft ruling, but there were only two armies there anyways, and I'd really rather not lag the round opener halfway through the week if I can avoid it.

As for Allamus, essentially both sides rolled losses high enough to wipe them out, but the CU did win. This is what happens when you get 1-2 troop battles with a lot of tech and only a lit bit of loss resistance.

Thank you for the compliment too! I tried to make things interesting so that people might be encouraged to give more personality to their characters through the battles they've fought. I hope I got the style right for each ruler; Everyone is different after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighteye View Post
    Done!

Also, Zayuz:
    I believe this is my starting region and thus already well known by the Naids. The region they tried to explore was underground between 325B and 323B.
    Ack! Sorry about that, I hadn't put you down on the map quite yet and misplaced you in my head. The region you discovered should have been 324B. Pardon my error.

Quote Originally Posted by RandoMan View Post
    Out of curiosity, how deep has the Onyx infiltration gotten? I assumed it was the leadership cadre but the general rank and file were just going along with what they were told. I'd rather not have to play Egan with even more PTSD given his already fragile grip following his brother's suicide and since Calvin didn't end up captured he'd be stuck alone. Would it be alright with you if I had him essentially use Fireheart to buy at least a more tolerable living situation? Essentially he'll give Fireheart to Paige/whoever and promise not to come after it so long as he's treated decently and not burned/branded/otherwise tortured. I could see this working on Lieutenant Mary or another subordinate if they weren't all fire and brimstone Onyx devotees but if they are I'll just work with an even more tortured character
    Zellevera didn't capture you, but if she had I think her conditions might have been different. An area more fit for a noble guest would have done nicely, so long as he didn't resist post arrest.

Also, in Aed's memory, I would like to bring up the new player starting bonus again. We could use some new blood, but barring them taking over NPCs, they enter the game at this point with a significant handicap. We might want to think about reducing that a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

Not sure if srs.
    [151] The new Suzerain proves his might against the challenge of the region just north of him, sweeping over the northern wintery lands and besting their armies in fair, brutal combat. With not a single loss on their side, the Suzerain invokes a genius maneuver in battle by taking the riders clean off their bears and mounting them for themselves, using the enemy’s weaponry to effectively reduce their own costs of coming to commit the attack and minimizing casualties. The region is conquered but not unstable.
    The bold should be all the explanation you need.

I'm just glad there's something I didn't get wrong.
    "What is to give light must endure burning."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Where is the map? I thought I just couldn't see it because most image hosts are blocked for me at work, but I can't find it now either.
    Here's the map for last round.

The one for this round is a WiP, mostly due to WWI going on in the south wih the goal of killing off the reincarnation of Tzalteclan. (blue)
    Last edited by moossabi; 2016-10-04 at 02:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's the map for last round.

The one for this round is a WiP, mostly due to WWI going on in the south wih the goal of killing off the reincarnation of Tzalteclan. (blue)
    They're really more the reincarnation of the Jaaku-Na.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

15. - Top - End - #375

Quote Originally Posted by DimpleLoamsdown View Post
    Those were only the ancient queens.
    Jelha De would do no such thing and I think that I said somewhere that Katrola wouldn't either.

Oh right. Also, the event that I forgot to link to this thread.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...4#post21267444
    A reminder for who is invited
    •Niran Olygricht of the Crystal Union
    •Queen Zellevera of the Crystal Union
    •Queen Yildiz vel Enas of Transfirlia
    •Queen Paige, the Bloody of the Crystal Union
    •Lady Spring of the Aeldir Rose Courts
    •Emperor Cato Leonis
    Last edited by DimpleLoamsdown; 2016-10-04 at 07:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    Those guys have proven remarkably hard to get rid of. This is a whole new world isn't it?

Edit: Gimme some of that deep desert. D4 or the dark around it. I understand desert is bad by default but maybe I can fix that with tech.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2016-10-04 at 02:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377

Those guys have proven remarkably hard to get rid of. This is a whole new world isn't it?

Edit: Gimme some of that deep desert. D4 or the dark around it. I understand desert is bad by default but maybe I can fix that with tech.
    The difference with the modern Crystal Union and the ancient Jaaku-na is that we often choose to fail our plans, rather than getting foiled over and over.

But sure! I was just making the map for the round now and I'd be happy to send you some references of places to be. Because the desert is ominous and plot important, you may have the small requirement of having a single tower with a wizard in it and (only if you were feeling really generous) the ability to work alongside me to fill in some of the history of the area so that it makes sense with the unwritten story I have in my mind for what might have been the end of the game a few rounds ago. Has a bit to do with ancient, magical empires that fell to pieces if you're remotely interested. Otherwise I'm happy to simply strike it off the board and say that all of the conflict happen in former jade coalition lands, but that would be.. Anticlimactic.
    "What is to give light must endure burning."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wasn't it the Jaaka-Nu?

Also I was building off of the Black Dragon worship thing, but yeah those guys that I can't remember probably fir it more.

19. - Top - End - #379

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by RandoMan View Post
    Yeah that would be fine. Actually though, I've had a change of plans and will keep him in good shape and offer him back to you in exchange for Xeroas.

EDIT: I can't speak for the others but in the Legion the Onyx had penetrated quite deep. Obviously the entire government has been taken over but basically all the citizens who didn't support it have changed their mind, gone into hiding, fled to the pale empyrium and the grey drieduch or fought back/been killed.
    Last edited by woolli264; 2016-10-04 at 03:59 PM.
    total-cluster**** of yogurt, drugs and sheep in EMPIRE!
    The rodent tribes of the Ruby Legion in EMPIRE2!
    The goblin kingdom of Jauder in EMPIRE3!
    The sailors of Izbefe in EMPIRE4!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

The bold should be all the explanation you need.

I'm just glad there's something I didn't get wrong.
    Whoops!

My brain filtered out the not.
    People are losing the spirit of the Ides of March. It's not just about stabbing. It's about coming together to stab. In groups.

21. - Top - End - #381

PirateWench

Spoiler: P23: Insanlarin
    Show

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show

Polar. Tundra at the very north of the region where the feeble summer sun melts the ice caps for enough months to allow tough grasses to grow along with a variety of lichens and mosses capable of surviving the long periods covered with ice. As one moves south, the tundra gives way to ice caps two or three metres thick and incapable of sustaining vegetation.

Tall towers rise regularly from the ice sheets, made from a dull grey stone cut from the underlying bedrock. In the north these are lower due to the mountainous regions there, as one moves south they can be sixty or seventy metres high. The outsides were carved at one point but decades of being exposed to the brutal katabatic winds coming from both directions have left them all but obscured. The spacing is even, closer together in the north moving to many miles distant in the south though even in the most crowded regions they are separated by several days' walk.

Spoiler: People
    Show

Those few who have met them considered the Firn to be eight or nine foot tall Ice Elementals; this is untrue. They are living creatures of flesh and blood, but the mistake is understandable. The crystalline scales covering them do look very much like ice and their metabolism is slow enough that none will have seen them eat perhaps giving rise to myths that they survive off the ice itself. Plus, as each is a hermaphrodite and the differences between them, while obvious to the Firn themselves, are often unnoticeable to outsiders it is easy to see how people thought they were unnatural creatures.

They are a nation only in the most technical of senses. Each Firn is very much a single entity, living alone in one of the towers and surviving off the land around it - hence the huge distances between towers. They meet with others only for a highly ritualised exchange of information and mating every decade (though hermaphroditic, they cannot impregnate themselves.) Alone in their towers, undistracted by scenery or interaction, they study magic and are, in their opinion, the foremost mages of Arandi. Such routine needs as they have are catered for by a household staff of what others would call Ice Golems - meticulously carved statues animated by Firn magic and capable of obeying simple instructions. Besides mating the only interaction between Firn is the decadely meeting of the entire race - all two or three thousand of them - where the details of their own experimentation and research are exchanged; for entirely selfish reasons - each mage seeking to get access to his colleagues' research and knowing that the only way to do so is to share her own and possibly be impressive enough to find a mate.

Children stay with their "mother" for the entirety of their childhood and adolescence, with no contact with or knowledge of their father, until one day the maddening and ever-present close proximity of them leads her to drive her child out. In a last act of maternal love, they are taught the incantations needed to raise their own tower at the next vacant grid-point or directions to one vacated by death; and from the moment they have no special relationship with their mother.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show

The Firn are their own resource: the harsh environment and lack of regular teamwork amongst the people meaning that excess production that could be traded is rare to unheard-of. However, their skills at scholarship, magic and related fields are an inexhaustible resource, limited only by the difficulty of coordination between them - a seeker of knowledge may have to gain tidbits of information from many different Firn each separated by many days' travel through hostile ice caps.

They have little interest in things that aren't their research but recently a problem has emerged. Even the incredibly slow population growth of these antisocial people eventually reaches a Malthusian crisis (one heightened by their lack of, and lack of interest in, agriculture.) If the Firn are to maintain their current numbers let alone grow, they need food.

Has: [Good] Firn Mages (T)
    Needs: Food (A)

Spoiler: Religion
    Show

Their magic is the closest thing the Firn have to a religion, though each thinks of it differently. Each sees herself as a demigod in his own right, capable of shaping the world through their will. Some have their house servants genuflect, some don't, but the underlying theme of apotheosis runs common.

For approval.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

Not sure if srs.
    According to the Fimbulvintr, every fight is a friendly fight.

#HowWeDoItInTheNorth

23. - Top - End - #383

Post Re: EMPIRE2!-CWBG-VI-Save-The-Hufflepuffs!

I finished Jagalata's portion of the tables, and it would be appreciated if Transfirlia added their regions to the trade route and sent me the information for them, so that I can keep track of my regions and theirs.
    Regionia (***) Good Resource [1/2] Requires Resource (with double spaces where there are separations in the table)
    Spoiler: Trade route table for Jagalata
    Show
    Bhurmatta Vapra
    Kabaze (460A) Good Goats [1/2] Requires Stone
    Sonedi (460B Good Gold [1/2] Requires Food
    Jagalata (461B) Good Onyx [1/2] Requires Food
    Paridetana (480B) Good Tac [1/2] Requires Food
    Gharaburhade (481A) Minor Poison [1/1] Requires Stone
    Samudra (481B) Minor Jinga (Albino Shrimp) [1/1] Requires Hard Metals

24. - Top - End - #384

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by DimpleLoamsdown View Post
    I finished Jagalata's portion of the tables, and it would be appreciated if Transfirlia added their regions to the trade route and sent me the information for them, so that I can keep track of my regions and theirs.
    Regionia (***) Good Resource [1/2] Requires Resource (with double spaces where there are separations in the table)
    Spoiler: Trade route table for Jagalata
    Show
    Bhurmatta Vapra
    Kabaze (460A) Good Goats [1/2] Requires Stone
    Sonedi (460B Good Gold [1/2] Requires Food
    Jagalata (461B) Good Onyx [1/2] Requires Food
    Paridetana (480B) Good Tac [1/2] Requires Food
    Gharaburhade (481A) Minor Poison [1/1] Requires Stone
    Samudra (481B) Minor Jinga (Albino Shrimp) [1/1] Requires Hard Metals

EDIT: No one cares about my file structure!

? Transfirlia
    Region 439 has:Food Crops needs:No resource requirement stated
    Region 440 has:Mounts needs:No resource requirement stated
    Region 460A has:Food needs:Stone
    Region 461A has:Beverages needs:Wood
    Region 462 has:Hard Metals needs:Beverages
    Region 463 has:Wood needs:No resource requirement stated
    Region 480 has:Stone needs:No resource requirement stated
    Region 481A has:Poison needs:Stone

Trade Routes:
    439;440;461A;462;463;480
    Last edited by Kythia; 2016-10-04 at 07:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385

Quote Originally Posted by Kythia View Post

EDIT: No one cares about my file structure!

? Transfirlia
    Region 439 has:Food Crops needs:No resource requirement stated
    Region 440 has:Mounts needs:No resource requirement stated
    Region 460A has:Food needs:Stone
    Region 461A has:Beverages needs:Wood
    Region 462 has:Hard Metals needs:Beverages
    Region 463 has:Wood needs:No resource requirement stated
    Region 480 has:Stone needs:No resource requirement stated
    Region 481A has:Poison needs:Stone

Trade Routes:
    439;440;461A;462;463;480
    Thanks! But have they been added using actions yet though?

26. - Top - End - #386

PirateWench

Has what been added using actions?

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by Kythia View Post
    Has what been added using actions?
    Have the Transfirlian regions been added to the Bhurmatta Vapra yet?

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I think I am done with the game. Soooo... yeah.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Catrus View Post
    Farewell ogre mermaids!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

30. - Top - End - #390
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Catrus View Post
    Aww so long Catrus! I did really enjoy the interaction we had at the Unification Celebration. Very fun! Take care.
    God, get it together Mary.
    Thank you to AsteriskAmp for the lovely avatar!