New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

For Halloween, you could make the scariest of all monsters: A broken one, whose CR is way less then accurate.
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Hmm. Just because, and i KNOW you said earlier that a ferrofluid dragon would seem too techy, but...
    With the completed lodestone dragon, it could be a rare "mutation", with bard abilities. And other abilities based on heavy metal [/pun] and Rule of cool.

Mmm, kay. maybe we should stop posting tvtropes links.
    Check out Victory Dragon; not a construct, but it does have Heavy Metal based bard powers. It wasn't the most serious dragon (it was a celebratory thing). And yes because those things will eat my time (thankfully I am familiar with those tropes already).

Quote Originally Posted by firemagehao View Post
    For Halloween, you could make the scariest of all monsters: A broken one, whose CR is way less then accurate.
    Looks at thread. Looks at MM. I'd say that's already been done in this thread. Although... I have one I've been tinkering with it wouldn't be too hard to under CR (CR = Age category; what do you mean a creature with 80 HD, that casts as a 30 some level sorcerer isn't CR 12?).

Then an optimized Lv 12 party kills it without expending 1/4th of their daily resources.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #513

Possibly a wyrmling that gets unlimited wishes.
    Last edited by firemagehao; 2010-10-22 at 09:18 PM.

(*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firemagehao View Post
    Possibly a wyrmling that gets unlimited wishes without XP loss.
    Fixed that for you; CR measures power in 1 fight, as monsters have arbitrary amounts of XP and no need to save it since they are only meant to last 1 fight anything that ignores XP costs is just begging for PCs to find a way to get around it.

You know I could make the wyrmling CR 1/10, 1/8 very young, 1/6 young, 1/4 juvenile, 1/3 young adult, 1/2 adult, 1 mature adult, 2 old, 3 very old, 4 ancient, 5 wyrm, 6 great wyrm so how about a CR 1 that when you slay it curses you if you're within 1 mile and the curse can only be removed by direct deific intervention?

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #515

As far as power: "I wish you, you, you, you, you, and then that guy behind the tree were banished to the lowest plane of the abyss for eternity."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Venya Dragon:
    Dragon (Air, Extraplanar, Good, Law)
    Environment: Temperate Mountain (Mount Celestia)
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 6; juvenile 8; young adult 10; adult 12; mature adult 14; old 16; very old 18; ancient 19; wyrm 20; great wyrm 22.
    Treasure: Standard.
    Alignment: Always Lawful Good.

Messengers and heralds of Bahamut, the Venya dragons more than any other of the Mountain’s dragons can be found off of their native lair. They are most prevalent in the first four lairs of Mount Celestia but can be found on the Prime and throughout the Planes on errands for Bahamut. Those Venya dragons not actively working in the service of their god tend to find good works to busy themselves, becoming edgy and distraught when not actively working towards another’s betterment.

Where Lunia and Mercuria dragons were both creatures born for battle, Venya dragons are mostly peaceful creatures. When threatened they rely on their great speed and magical abilities to slip between Planes to escape and warn other celestials of the threat before even considering fighting it themselves. They serve as scouts when the archons must prepare for war, due to their abilities to remain hidden and to escape and return to the main ranks. While Venya dragons will perform these duties unquestioningly, they prefer to avoid them for they find only horror and disgust in combat no glory or joy as some of their brethren seem to find.

A Venya dragon lacks wings, despite the fact that it flies better than most (but not all) dragons. They take the forms of long serpents with four legs ending in draconic talons, and powerful heads which boast a great mane. The color of their scales cannot be determined while they are alive for even the youngest dragons have chameleon like scales which blend into their surroundings. Their eyes though always remain the opalescent white of the pearly heaven. Dead Venya dragon’s have scales that are the color of the sky of Venya, as is the hair on their manes.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling T 4d12+4 (30 hp) 11 10 13 12 13 14 4/-4 6 5 4 5 1d4+1 13 -
    Very Young S 7d12+14 (59 hp) 13 10 15 14 15 16 7/4 9 7 5 7 1d4+2 15 -
    Young M 10d12+20 (85 hp) 15 10 15 14 15 16 10/12 12 9 7 9 1d4+3 17 -
    Juvenile M 13d12+39 (117 hp) 17 10 17 16 17 18 13/16 16 11 8 11 1d4+4 19 -
    Young Adult L 16d12+48 (143 hp) 21 10 17 18 19 20 16/25 20 13 10 14 1d4+5 21 23
    Adult L 19d12+76 (199 hp) 23 10 19 18 19 20 19/29 24 15 11 15 1d4+6 23 24
    Mature Adult H 22d12+110 (253 hp) 25 10 21 20 21 22 22/37 27 18 13 18 1d4+7 26 27
    Old H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 27 10 21 20 21 22 25/41 31 19 14 19 1d4+8 27 28
    Very Old H 28d12+168 (350 hp) 29 10 23 22 23 24 28/45 35 22 16 22 1d4+9 30 31
    Ancient H 31d12+186 (387 hp) 31 10 23 24 25 26 31/49 39 23 17 24 1d4+10 31 33
    Wyrm G 34d12+238 (459 hp) 35 10 25 26 27 28 34/58 42 26 19 27 1d4+11 34 36
    Great Wyrm G 37d12+296 (536 hp) 37 10 27 28 29 30 37/62 46 28 20 29 1d4+12 36 38

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 150-ft (good) +0 15 (+2 size, +3 natural) - Immune to Electricity and petrifiction, +4 on saves versus poison, Alternate Form, Chameleon Skin -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 150-ft (good) +0 17 (+1 size, +6 natural) - Invisibility -
    Young 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 19 (+9 natural) - Greater Teleport -
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 22 (+12 natural) - Camouflage 1st
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) 19 DR 5/magic 3rd
    Adult 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 27 (-1 size, +18 natural) 21 Planeswalking 5th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) 22 DR 10/magic 7th
    Old 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 24 Message, Sending 9th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 35 (-2 size, +27 natural) 25 DR 15/magic 11th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 38 (-2 size, +30 natural) 27 Plane Shift 13th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 250-ft (good) +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) 28 DR 20/magic 15th
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 250-ft (good) +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) 30 Instant Transport 17th

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): A Venya dragon has one breath weapon a line of electricity dealing the listed damage and stunning the target for 1d4 rounds. Any creature struck must make a Reflex save, on a successful Reflex save they take one half damage and are not stunned.

Wingless: Venya dragons lack wings and cannot make wing attacks.

Flight (Su): A Venya dragon's flight is supernatural in nature.

Chameleon Skin (Ex): A Venya dragon’s color shifting scales grant it a +10 bonus on hide checks.

Alternate Form (Su) A Venya dragon can assume any animal or humanoid form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself at its caster level, except that the dragon does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form.

Camouflage (Ex): A juvenile or older Venya dragon may hide even if it does not have cover or concealment as long as it is not observed.

Planes Walking (Su): An adult or older Venya dragon may travel the planes as the Plane Shift spell three times per day but may only travel to an adjacent Outer Plane or, when on Mount Celestia, to a Prime. From the Prime they may only go to Mount Celestia. The Venya travel may only transport itself and up to 50 lbs of objects with this ability.

Instant Transport (Su): A great wyrm Venya dragon may use its Greater Teleport ability as a move or swift action 1/round.

Spells: Venya dragons cast spells as a sorcerer of the listed level but choose their spells known only from the Air, Dragon, Good, Luck, Protection, Nobility, Storm, Herald, and Celestia domains.

Spell-like Abilities: At-will: Greater Teleport (self and 50 lbs of goods only, young and older), Invisibility (self only, very young or older), Plane Shift (self and 50 lbs only; ancient or older), Message (old or older); 3/day: Sending (old or older).

Skills: Heal, Hide, and Move Silently are class skills for Venya dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 12:56 PM.

Current Projects:

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

The 3rd Heavenly dragon is complete.

As a side-note Evil is no longer the most common alignment on the thread. There are more dragons at least part Neutral than there are that are Evil (but that's two axises so doesn't count) and more Lawful dragons than there are either Evil or part Neutral.

Also neglecting the Heaven and Hell dragon there are more Lawful Good dragons than Lawful Evil.

Chaos apparently is a sad forgotten misfit outnumbered by every alignment but Neutral on the moral alignment axis.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #518

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    The 3rd Heavenly dragon is complete.
    Chaos apparently is a sad forgotten misfit outnumbered by every alignment but Neutral on the moral alignment axis.
    That is why you need a dragon, every aspect of which is random.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Solania Dragon
    Dragon (Earth, Extraplanar, Good, Law)
    Environment: Cold Mountain (Mount Celestia)
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 5; very young 6; young 7; juvenile 9; young adult 11; adult 14; mature adult 17; old 20; very old 21; ancient 23; wyrm 24; great wyrm 26

Amidst the monasteries of Solania dwell these powerful dragons. They serve as guides, and watchers along the mountain paths making sure that no creature of evil manages to ascend this far into the Mountains to prey upon petitioners and travelers. They are odd dragons, and perhaps it would be conductive to simply call upon Zasper’s manuscripts on the matter (please excuse the missing segment, a cat decided the papers were a toy).

…are found on the fourth layer of Mount Celestia. Unlike most dragons they have no innate psionic powers; the most popular theories have it they were formed from the ‘afterbirth’ of the first metallic dragons, although I personally doubt this theory and consider it nothing more than graybeards rattling their bone-boxes on something they know nothing about. My own studies say that they were made by Bahamut when a noble hearted bronze dragon named Ithyion died. Bahamut granted Ithyion a piece of his divine essence and Ithyion was transformed into the first Solania dragon and a minor draconic demigod named Caexlen. Caexlen is rarely heard of on Prime Material Worlds, in fact to my knowledge he is a parochial, or mono-prime, deity only worshipped by a certain subspecies of bronze dragons in Tilyx-space. These bronze…

…better than any man, that there are many species of dragons which lack magical prowess and just because Solania dragons lack it does not mean they are connected to these bronze dragons. Even their shared aptitude for the sublime way is still far from conclusive proof. The hero-deity Ithyion/Caexlen’s psionic talents are what first formed the connection in my mind, that and the shared worship of such an obscure deity. Yes I know gem dragons have psionic powers and no magic, so maybe Solania dragons are related to them instead, and the dark of it is I don’t have proof for my theory yet. Till then I guess it’s just my own personal idea, but there it is.

Regardless of their creation, Solania dragons mix the martial powers of the sublime way with the psionic arts of a journeyman egoist. Unlike the dragons of the lower layers of Celestia they lack magic of any sort relying instead only on these two sources of power. Just because neither can stand up to an enraged wizard at the height of his power, doesn’t mean that anyone other than a berk or a barmy would want to fight one of these bloods. They’re strong, determined, and able to use their coupled powers to quite some effectiveness when they…

…Solania dragons also seem to have a unique relationship with the First Monastery of the Planes-Militant*. This representation of the ideals of paladinhood, one could say the very heart of all paladinic orders in the multiverse, has been threatened more than once by fiendish assault. After an evil warrior ascended to godhood and riding the wave of newfound power tried to destroy the monastery its archon potentate commander called together all the Solania dragons and divided the entirety of these works between the Solania dragons granting each dragon one portion. The descendants of these dragons have had a mixture of the works, growing into their very scales. Even should the First Monastery ever fall its lore will be preserved in the form of these dragons.

-Zasper, Archmage of the…

Again I apologize that the cats tore the manuscript so that the translation is incomplete. As for the footnote while it was lost before I could finish translating it, I believe it referenced the books entitled The Planes of Law as another possible source of information on the First Monastery.

Solania dragons are noble-minded aids to travelers on the layer, but they are also the final watchmen of the 7 Heavens a last line to prevent the impure from rising to the upper heavens. As no assault in the recent (last 100,000 years) history of the planes has successfully breached this layer they would seem to do a competent job.

Solania dragons have stout bodies the color of stone. Their grey scales are covered in celestial writing, the collected records of the First Monastery if Zasper is to be believed. Their heads have 14 horns, arranged in two rows of seven, and seven spines run down their backs. Their eyes are the color of burnished silver. They have 4 claws upon each hand (the additional notes by Zasper do detail his investigation into the possible relationship with lung dragons, but I only translate his summaries), and their tails are flat and wide.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling M 9d12+18 (76 hp) 19 10 15 10 15 10 9/13 13 8 6 8 2d6 16 -
    Very Young L 12d12+24 (102 hp) 21 10 15 12 15 12 12/21 16 10 8 10 4d6 18 -
    Young L 15d12+45 (136 hp) 23 10 17 12 17 12 15/25 20 12 9 12 6d6 20 -
    Juvenile H 18d12+54 (162 hp) 25 10 17 14 19 14 18/33 23 14 11 14 8d6 22 -
    Young Adult H 21d12+84 (220 hp) 27 10 19 16 19 14 21/37 27 16 12 16 10d6 24 22
    Adult H 24d12+120 (276 hp) 29 10 21 16 21 16 24/41 31 19 14 19 12d6 27 25
    Mature Adult H 27d12+162 (337 hp) 31 10 23 18 21 16 27/45 35 21 15 21 14d6 29 26
    Old G 30d12+180 (375 hp) 35 10 23 18 23 18 30/54 38 23 17 23 16d6 31 29
    Very Old G 33d12+231 (445 hp) 37 10 25 20 25 18 33/58 42 25 18 25 18d6 33 30
    Ancient G 36d12+288 (522 hp) 39 10 27 22 27 20 36/62 46 28 20 28 20d6 36 33
    Wyrm C 39d12+361 (604 hp) 43 10 29 24 29 22 39/71 47 30 21 30 22d6 38 35
    Great Wyrm C 42d12+420 (686 hp) 45 10 31 26 31 24 42/75 51 33 23 33 24d6 41 38

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Manifester Level Initiator Level Maneuvers Known Maneuvers Readied Stances Known
    Wyrmling 40-ft, climb 20-ft +0 18 (+8 natural) - Immunity to cold, electricity and petrification, Gravity, vulnerability to fire - - - - -
    Very Young 60-ft, climb 30-ft +0 20 (-1 size, +11 natural) - Smite Evil - - - - -
    Young 60-ft, climb 30-ft +0 23 (-1 size, +14 natural) - - - - - - -
    Juvenile 60-ft, climb 30-ft +0 25 (-2 size, +17 natural) - Battle Art of the Stone Dragon - 1st 2 1 1
    Young Adult 60-ft, climb 30-ft +0 28 (-2 size, +20 natural) 21 DR 5/evil - 3rd 4 1 1
    Adult 60-ft, climb 30-ft +0 31 (-2 size, +23 natural) 23 Battle Art of the Diamond Mind - 5th 6 2 1
    Mature Adult 60-ft, climb 30-ft +0 34 (-2 size, +26 natural) 26 DR 10/evil 1st 7th 8 2 1
    Old 60-ft, climb 60-ft +0 35 (-4 size, +29 natural) 28 Battle Art of the Iron Heart 3rd 9th 10 3 2
    Very Old 60-ft, climb 60-ft +0 38 (-4 size, +32 natural) 31 DR 15/evil 5th 11th 12 3 2
    Ancient 60-ft, climb 60-ft +0 41 (-4 size, +35 natural) 34 Battle Art of the Devoted Spirit 7th 13th 14 4 2
    Wyrm 60-ft, climb 60-ft +0 40 (-8 size, +38 natural) 37 DR 20/evil 9th 15th 16 4 2
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, climb 60-ft +0 43 (-8 size, +41 natural) 40 Holy Warrior 11th 17th 18 5 3

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): A Solania dragon has only one breath weapon a cone of righteous energy. It turns chaos and evil in against themselves. A lawful good, neutral good, or lawful neutral creature takes no damage from this effect. A lawful evil, true neutral, or chaotic good creature takes half the listed damage (Will halves). A neutral evil or chaotic neutral creature takes the listed damage (Will halves) and if it fails its Will save is sickened for 1d4+age category rounds. A chaotic evil creature takes double the listed damage (Will halves) and if it fails its Will save is nauseated for 1d4 rounds and then sickened for 1 round per age category.

Wingless: A Solania dragon has no wings and may not make wing attacks.

Gravity (Su): All spells and effects that grant flight (including spells to polymorph into winged creatures) with a spell level equal to or less than the Solania dragon’s age category are suppressed within 30-ft per age category of the Solania dragon. This suppression is like an anti-magic field, and does not allow even the use of Feather Fall or the slow falling effect of a dispelled Fly spell.

Smite Evil (Su): 1/encounter a very young or older Solania dragon may perform a smite. If this attack is against an evil aligned creature it adds its Charisma modifier to its attack roll, and its hit dice to its damage.

Battle Art of the Stone Dragon (Su): Whenever a juvenile or older Solania dragon strikes a foe in melee for lethal damage it gains temporary hp equal to its constitution modifier (minimum 1). In addition the natural weapons of a Solania dragon now count as Adamantine for the purposes of overcoming DR.

Battle Art of the Diamond Mind (Su): Whenever an adult or older Solania dragon strikes a foe in melee for lethal damage it may attempt to regain its psionic focus as a swift action. In addition the natural weapons of a Solania dragon now count as Silver for the purposes of overcoming DR.

Battle Art of the Iron Heart (Su): An old or older Solania dragon automatically confirms critical threats when it hits an enemy in melee. In addition the natural weapons of a Solania dragon now count as Cold Iron for the purposes of overcoming DR.

Battle Art of the Devoted Spirit (Su): An ancient or older Solania dragon heals all good aligned creatures within 60-ft other than itself an amount equal to its hit dice each time it deals lethal damage to an evil creature in melee.

Holy Warrior (Su): An great wyrm Solania dragon deals an extra 5 points of damage per attack against creatures with DR penetrable to good aligned weapons (including good and/or another source).

Martial Maneuvers: A Solania dragon learns the listed number of maneuvers (it does not get to swap out old ones upon leveling up) and stances and may ready the listed number. It may learn maneuvers from the Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, and Stone Dragon disciplines. It may spend a full round action to re-ready 1 maneuver of its choice.

Psionics: A Solania dragon manifests psionic powers as a psion of the listed level. It may select powers from the psion/wilder general list, the egoist discipline list, and the guardian and physical power mantles.

Skills: Solania dragons gain a +8 racial bonus on climb checks due to their climb speed. Balance, Climb, and Jump are class skills for Solania dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-26 at 04:00 PM.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

I will never, EVER, upset that solania great wyrm.
    It could probably kill me in twelve different ways, resurrect me, and kill me a hundred ways more.
    In an hour.

I'm so glad it's LG.
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-10-25 at 01:13 PM.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    I will never, EVER, upset that solania great worm.
    Great wyrms of any dragon races, or any dragon for that matter, are good not to annoy. And writing as though the greatest of dragons were mere earthworms...Thankfully, I'm not serious.
    Last edited by GreatWyrmGold; 2010-10-23 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to add that I was joking
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Mertion Dragon
    Dragon (Extraplanar, Good, Law)
    Environment: Temperate Mountains (Mount Celestia)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 2; very young 4; young 6; juvenile 8; young adult 11; adult 13; mature adult 16; old 18; very old 20; ancient 22; wyrm 23; great wyrm 24

Mertion dragons are cunning strategists and tacticians. They approach all things as if it were a battle, making lightning fast strategies that humans can only look at in awe. An example of how they work is when they play Chess; the time limit they impose upon each move is 2 seconds leaving no time for thought. Chess is but the simplest game of wyrmlings to them, the speed at which they play limited not by the speed of their mind but of their body. With a single glance they analyze the battlefield and then they move with extreme haste.

Mertion dragons are heavenly commanders. Extremely rare and low in number, they have not gone forth in full battle since the War of the Five Thorns, when Bahamut marched against Tiamat and the great order of Mechanus was thrown into chaos for over eight-hundred years by the wars of the dragons. There are devils and demons, including some current arch-fiends, that remember that war and still tremble with fear at the idea of armies led by these dragons once more. Only one Mertion dragon survived that war. Bahamut gifted her with a clutch of eggs and from this line all current Mertion dragons are descended.

Their bodies seem to be made from the same substance as the black domes of Mertion. Lithe and small for the bodies of dragonkind, Mertion dragons are agile beyond almost any of their kin, but they lack the great strength of dragonkind. Even full grown, they are still no stronger than ogres, despite their greater mass. Mertion dragons have bodies that look like fragile works of noble metals, their wings and tails seeming mere filigrees. What they lack in physical power, these dragons make up for with their commands of magical powers and the battlefield.

Wyrmling D 2d12+2 (15 hp) 5 14 11 18 17 18 2/-13 3(8) 3 5 6 1d8 11 -
    Very Young T 5d12+5 (37 hp) 7 16 13 20 19 20 5/-5 5(10) 5 7 8 2d8 13 -
    Young S 8d12+16 (68 hp) 9 18 13 20 19 20 8/3 8(13) 7 10 10 3d8 15 -
    Juvenile S 11d12 + 22 (93 hp) 11 20 15 22 21 22 11/7 12(17) 9 12 12 4d8 17 -
    Young Adult M 14d12+42 (133 hp) 13 22 15 24 21 24 14/15 15(21) 11 15 14 5d8 19 24
    Adult M 17d12+68 (178 hp) 13 24 17 26 23 26 17/19 18(25) 13 17 16 6d8 21 26
    Mature Adult M 20d12+100 (230 hp) 15 26 19 28 25 28 20/23 22(29) 16 20 19 7d8 24 29
    Old L 23d12+115 (264 hp) 17 28 21 30 25 30 23/31 25(32) 18 22 20 8d8 26 31
    Very Old L 26d12+156 (325 hp) 19 30 21 30 27 30 26/34 29(36) 20 25 23 9d8 28 33
    Ancient L 29d12+174 (362 hp) 19 32 23 32 29 32 29/37 32(40) 22 27 25 10d8 30 35
    Wyrm H 32d12+224 (432hp) 21 34 23 34 31 34 32/45 35(43) 24 30 28 11d8 32 38
    Great Wyrm H 35d12+280 (507 hp) 23 36 25 36 33 36 35/49 39(47) 26 32 30 12d8 34 40

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR Caster Level
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +2 16 (+4 size, +2 Dex) Immunity to Electricity and Petrification, +4 on saves versus poison, Battle Master (Offense) - -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +3 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural) Battle Master (Defense), Magic Circle against Evil - 1st
    Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +4 19 (+1 size, +4 Dex, +4 natural) Imbue Spirit (Warrior's) - 3rd
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +5 22 (+1 size, +5 Dex, +6 natural) Battle Master (Aegis), Telepathic Bond - 5th
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +6 24 (+6 Dex, +8 natural) DR 5/evil 16 7th
    Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +7 27 (+7 Dex, +10 natural) Battle Master (Grand Commander), Greater Teleport 18 9th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +8 30 (+8 Dex, +12 natural) DR 10/evil 21 11th
    Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +9 32 (-1 size, +9 Dex, +12 natural) Imbue Spirit (Hero's), Heroe's Feast 24 13th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +10 35 (-1 size, +10 Dex, +16 natural) DR 15/evil 26 15th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +11 38 (-1 size, +11 Dex, +19 natural) Battle Master (Dual Mastery), Holy Word 28 17th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +12 40 (-2 size, +12 Dex, +20 natural) DR 20/evil 29 19th
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +13 43 (-2 size, +13 Dex, +22 natural) Battle Master (Heaven's General), Imbue Spirit (Undying Legion) 30 21st

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): Mertion dragons have two forms of breath weapon. The first is a line of electricity dealing the listed damage (Reflex halves) and any creature within the line must make a Will save or be frightened for 1 round per age category. The second is a cone which prevents evil and neutral creatures within the area from casting spells or using spell-like abilities (or manifesting psionics/psi-like abilities) for 1d4 + age category rounds (Will negates).

Battle Master (Ex): A Mertion dragon can strategic direct a number of creatures other than itself equal to its age category that it can see and that can hear it. To begin this ability is a full round action, as is switching targets. This bonus is lost when the dragon is flat-footed.
    Offense: All Mertion dragons may direct creature’s in their attacks, granting them an insight bonus to attack rolls equal to its Charisma modifier.
    Defense: A very young dragon may instead choose to grant the targeted creatures an insight bonus to AC. It requires a standard action to switch who gains the bonus.
    Aegis: A juvenile may choose to grant this bonus as an insight bonus to saving throws. It requires a standard action to switch who gains the bonus.
    Grand Commander: An adult Mertion dragon may grant this bonus to a number of creatures up to 5 times its age category, and if in telepathic communications with a creature does not need to see it or be able to be heard by it for that creature to gain the benefits of this ability.
    Dual Command: An ancient or older Mertion dragon may grant this bonus to a combination of two out of AC, attack, and saves at the same time.
    Heaven’s General: A great wyrm Mertion dragon may grant this bonus to 10 times its age category creatures, and continues to grant this bonus even when flat-footed.

Magic Circle against Evil: A very young or older Mertion dragon is constantly surrounded by an aura of protection against evil which functions like a Magic Circle against Evil (caster level 14th).

Imbue Spirit (Su): A young or older Mertion dragon may imbue allies nearby with the courage and valor of the warrior spirits which call Mertion home. It may spend a move action to grant a number of lawful good creatures equal to its age category within 20-ft per age category immunity to fear and compulsion effects and one of the additional benefits listed below. These bonuses last as long as the Mercuria dragon spends a move action every round to maintain them, and 1 round thereafter.
    Warrior’s The affected creatures also deal +1d4 electric damage per hit per age category of the Mercuria dragon.
    Hero’s: An old or older Mertion dragon may instead imbue them with the spirits of heroes granting them DR 8/- and a +4 sacred bonus to Strength.
    Undying Legion: A great wyrm Mertion dragon may choose to instill the targets with the undying and unflinching warrior spirits of Mertion. These targets gain a +6 sacred bonus to Constitution and Regeneration 12, and all damage dealt to them is subdual while they are under this effect. If a creature is immune to non-lethal it may not benefit from the bonuses of the Undying Legion.

Telepathic Bond (Su): A juvenile or older Mertion dragon may form a telepathic bond with one creature per age category. This bond lasts 24 hours or until the dragon chooses to end it and allows the dragon and the selected creatures to communicate with each other as long as they are on the same plane as the dragon. A Mertion dragon may only have one telepathic bond active at a time and forming a new one disbands the old one. It requires a full minute to form a telepathic bond, and all creatures must be within 100-ft throughout the process, it is a free action for the dragon to end the bond or drop a specific creature from it.

Spells: A Mertion dragon casts spells as a favored soul of the listed level.

Spell-like Abilities: At-will: Greater Teleport (adult or older, self and 50 lbs of gear only); 3/day: Holy Word (ancient or older); 1/day Heroes’ Feast (old or older).

Skills: Bluff, Heal, and Spellcraft are class skills for Mertion dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 12:53 PM.

Current Projects:

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Mertion dragon up, 5 of the 7 heavens down; one more to go (Chronias is a mystery and I'm not going to infringe upon that).

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Jovian Dragon
    Dragon (Extraplanar, Good, Law, Psionic)
    Environment: Temperate Mountains (Mount Celestia)
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or council (2-5).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 3; very young 5; young 7; juvenile 10; young adult 13; adult 16; mature adult 19; old 21; very old 22; ancient 24; wyrm 26; great wyrm 28

Jovian dragons are the mystic dragons of the sixth heaven. They are the holiest of the six known Heavenly dragons, who exist solely to guide others to the light. They are most commonly seen on Jovar, aiding petitioners in making the last step to Chronias. Despite that they rarely fight in battles, Jovian dragons are rare as upon reaching adulthood they feel the call to ascend and rise to Chronias themselves; a great wyrm dragon is a being of impressive goodness, one who has chosen to forsake absolute paradise for over a thousand years solely to help others reach it before them.

Jovian dragons wield divine magic to match their powerful bodies and powerful psionic abilities to complement both. Though they rarely fight, they are no weaklings in combat and have numerous offensive powers at their beck and call. Wounds they inflict cannot be healed by evil creatures, although the exact resistance they have to healing varies with age. To hear some tell the tale their breath weapon is the pure force of creation itself*. It is said that the only being more dangerous in Jovar than the eldest of the Jovian dragons is Sealtiel himself, and other rumors say even the archon lord is weaker than the greatest of these dragons a certain Zastaphiel which has put off ascent for over two-thousand years now.

Jovian dragons’ bodies appear to be made of glistening rubies, their eyes shining the unbridled power of a quasar; it is said their gaze can cause evil creatures to be instantly destroyed without a trace**. Their wings glow with the gentle warmth of a hearth’s fire, providing a gentle illumination as they fly.

*: Zasper says they have two breath weapons a blast of holy energy that hurts and blinds evil, and a second weapon which renders those creatures within allergic to actions of evil making committing an evil action physically painful to them.

**: The most Zasper would confirm here is that it is best if the forces of evil believe this, does it matter if it is true or not?

Wyrmling S 5d12+5 (37 hp) 13 10 13 18 19 18 5/2 7 5 4 8 2d10 13 -
    Very Young M 8d12+16 (66 hp) 15 10 15 20 21 20 8/10 10 8 6 11 4d10 16 -
    Young M 11d12+22 (93 hp) 17 10 15 20 21 20 11/14 14 9 7 12 6d10 17 -
    Juvenile L 14d12+42 (133 hp) 21 10 17 22 23 22 14/23 18 12 9 15 8d10 20 -
    Young Adult L 17d12+68 (178 hp) 23 10 19 24 25 24 17/27 22 14 10 17 10d10 22 25
    Adult H 20d12+80 (210 hp) 25 10 19 26 27 26 20/35 25 16 12 20 12d10 24 28
    Mature Adult H 23d12+115 (264 hp) 27 10 21 28 29 28 23/39 29 18 13 22 14d10 26 30
    Old H 26d12+130 (299 hp) 29 10 21 30 31 30 26/43 33 20 15 25 16d10 28 33
    Very Old H 29d12+174 (362 hp) 31 10 23 30 31 30 29/47 37 22 16 26 18d10 30 34
    Ancient G 32d12+224 (432 hp) 35 10 25 32 33 32 32/56 40 25 18 29 20d10 33 37
    Wyrm G 35d12+281 (508 hp) 37 10 27 34 35 34 35/60 44 27 19 31 22d10 35 39
    Great Wyrm G 38d12+343 (590 hp) 41 10 29 36 37 36 38/65 49 30 21 34 24d10 38 42

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Caster Level Manifester Level
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 15 (+1 size, +4 natural) - Inner Light, Lasting Wounds, Tongues, Immunity to electricity and petrification, +4 to saves versus poison 1st -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 17 (+7 natural) - Magic Circle against Evil 3rd -
    Young 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 20 (+10 natural) - - 5th -
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 22 (-1 size, +13 natural) - Greater Teleport 7th 1st
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) 22 DR 5/good 9th 3rd
    Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 27 (-2 size, +19 natural) 24 Aura of Menace, Deadly Glare (1/day), Remove Curse 11th 5th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) 26 DR 10/good 13th 7th
    Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) 28 Revivify 15th 9th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 36 (-2 size, +28 natural) 30 DR 15/good 17th 11th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 37 (-4 size, +31 natural) 32 Holy Word 19th 13th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) 34 DR 20/good 21st 15th
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 43 (-4 size, +37 natural) 36 Deadly Glare (at will), Mass Heal 23rd 17th

Special Abilities

Inner Light (Su): A Jovian dragon produces light as a torch.

Breath Weapon (Su): A Jovian dragon has two breath weapons. The first is a cone of Holy Smite which deals the listed damage to evil creatures caught within and blinds them for 1 round per age category (a successful Fort save halves the damage and negates the blindness). The second is a cone of holy energy that renders evil deeds anathema to creatures caught within. Any creature caught within the field must make a Will save or for 1 day per age category of the dragon whenever they perform an evil act they take the listed breath weapon damage (Will save for half).

Lasting Wounds (Su): Any damage dealt by a Jovian’s natural weapons to an evil creature cannot be healed by natural means (Fast Healing still functions). A remove curse spell ends these effects.
    Beginning at Young spells and abilities (excluding natural Fast Healing) of evil creatures cannot be used to heal these wounds.
    Beginning at Young Adult the fast healing of targets can no longer heal these wounds, and they ignore any regeneration an evil creature may have dealing lethal damage regardless.
    Beginning at Mature Adult no spells or abilities may be used to heal damage from these wounds. Beginning at Very Old Remove Curse can no long function to remove this effect, but only suppress it for 1 minute.
    Beginning at Wyrm only a Miracle or Wish spell immediately followed by a CL 20+ Remove Curse may remove this effect.

Tongues (Su): A Jovian dragon can speak with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues spell (caster level 14th). This ability is always active.

Magic Circle against Evil: A very young or older Jovian dragon is constantly surrounded by an aura of protection against evil which functions like a Magic Circle against Evil (caster level 14th).

Aura of Menace (Su): A righteous aura surrounds adult or older Jovian dragons that fight or get angry. Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of a Jovian dragon must succeed on a Will save to resist its effects. The save DC equals that of the dragon’s frightful presence. Those who fail take a –2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until they successfully hit the dragon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same archon’s aura for 24 hours.

Deadly Gaze (Su): 1/day as a standard action an old or older Jovian dragon may use a Destruction gaze. This functions as the activated portion of a gaze attack with a range of 10-ft per age category, and affects the target as a Destruction spell; the save DC for this ability is 17 + Charisma modifier, as if it were a Spell-like Ability.
    A great wyrm may use this ability at-will and the save DC is increased by 4 to 21 + Charisma modifier.

Spells: A Jovian dragon casts spells as a Favored Soul of the listed level. In addition to the cleric spell list they know all spells from the Healing Domain and may choose from the Air, Dragon, Good, Luck, Protection, Nobility, Storm, Courage, Metallic Dragon (from a Dragon Magazine) and Celestia domains. They may know 1 spell per spell level from the Sorcerer spell list as well.

Psionics: A Jovian dragon manifests psionic powers as a psion of the listed level. They select their powers known from the Psion power list and/or the Good Mantle, but have no natural access to the various discipline lists available to psions. In addition a Jovian dragon, regardless of age, gains 1 bonus power point.

Spell-like Abilities: At-will: Greater Teleport (self and 50-lbs of objects, juvenile or older), Remove Curse (adult or older); 3/day: Holy Word (ancient or older), Revivify (old or older); 1/day Mass Heal (great wyrm).

Skills: Heal is a class skill for Jovian dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 12:51 PM.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #525
    Dwarf in the Playground

Candy Corn dragon, with all the powers of candy corn.
    Et tu, Brute?

My home-brewed bootleg Homebrew

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

16. - Top - End - #526

I have an idea for 5 new HP themed dragons. The Hogwarts Dragons. One for each house and one for the school as a whole. Each House Dragon should embody the ideals of their house, resemble their house's animal, and have coloration similar to their house's colors.

I would make the Gryffindor Dragon Chaotic Good, the Slytherin Dragon Lawful with leanings between Neutral and Evil, the Ravenclaw Dragon Lawful with leanings between Neutral and Good, and the Hufflepuff Dragon Good with leanings between Lawful and Neutral

As to the Hogwarts Dragon, I leave that up to you to decide since it's hard to pin down fluff for the whole school.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Here's a question: When should I post the Halloween dragon(s)?

I'm going to be gone most of Friday and Saturday so options are: Friday morning, Saturday evening, or Sunday morning/afternoon or possibly after going to see the freaks in costume on Sunday evening (so late Sunday night/past midnight).

Which would people prefer?

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a vote for Friday morning.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

19. - Top - End - #529

I second the vote for Friday Morning
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Jovian dragon should have the Psionic Subtype (the other psionic dragons should have it too). See here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/mo...PsionicSubtype.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Jovian dragon should have the Psionic Subtype (the other psionic dragons should have it too). See here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/mo...PsionicSubtype.

Debby
    Completely right. (copied and pasted it from Mertion dragons then changed the CR).

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Basilo Dragon
    Dragon (Aquatic)
    Environment: Warm aquatic
    Organization: solitary, pair, or pod (2-5).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 6; very young 8; young 10; juvenile 12; young adult 14; adult 16; mature adult 17; old 19; very old 20; ancient 22; wyrm 23; great wyrm 25
    Treasure: None.
    Alignment: Usually Chaotic Neutral.

I first encountered these dragons on the water world of Basilo where they form the dominant species and one of the few sentient life forms the planet has to offer (the others being eyes of the deep). Basilo dragons are, by draconic standards, bestial predators with little cognitive ability; so about the mental equals of whites.

Basilo dragons are powerful swimmers, and primarily act as predators eating the larger undersea life forms. They lack breath weapons and I was personally tempted to classify them as something more akin to wyverns or dragon turtles than true dragons on first contact, except that they show divisions of aging like the more famous (or infamous) reds, blues, golds, silvers, etc and also show a talent for sorcery as well.

Basilo dragons form family units of up to five members; usually the mother and father, if present, will become the leaders. If neither the mother nor the father is present it forms a loose anarchic group. While observing them I saw a single ambitious ancient member of the species attempt to corral some families into an effective fighting force to battle aggression from eyes of the deep, but to no avail as the creatures simply refused to listen. Even when it proved impossible to avoid fighting the eye tyrants (not that any of the dragons really wanted to in the first place) the dragons fought in a completely disorganized manner with only family groups showing any attempts to coordinate their efforts. Further observations have shown the dragons to be free spirited and not care about rules imposed by others as a general note.

Basilo dragons take the form of long, fat serpentine dragons. They have thick armored scales which run across these bodies. They have powerful finned fore-claws, but their hind claws have vanished and only small vestigial stumps remain of their hind legs. Their tail is thick and serves as a heavily finned rudder, and a large dorsal fin dominates their back. Their heads, placed on the end of long necks, are narrow and long, filled with rows of sharp teeth. They move through the water similar to an eel, their body undulating up and down, where an eel’s moves left and right.

A final note as I seem to have neglected to mention it is their size. Even at birth they dwarf red and gold dragons, and they reach a size comparable to red great wyrms long before a red dragon does. Even non-extraordinary great wyrms surpass that size to grow to an extent that normally only dragons which legends are made from ever reach.

-Zasper, Grand Archmage of the 10th Circle, Bearer of the Crystal Crown, Keeper of the Transfinite Seal, He Who Walks Amongst Dragons, Friend to Bahamut, Foe to Tiamat, Hero of a Hundred Kingdoms, Keeper of the 89th Secret of Talorn, Walker of Worlds, the Immaculate Sage, the Purple Archmage, Champion of Halm, and former Emperor of Cyrell (retired).
    Editor’s Note: Zasper threatened to turn me into a toad if I didn’t include his titles this time.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling L 10d12+20 (85 hp) 17 10 15 6 11 6 10/17 12 9 7 7 -
    Very Young H 13d12+39 (123 hp) 21 10 17 6 11 6 13/26 16 11 8 8 -
    Young H 16d12+48 (152 hp) 25 10 17 6 11 6 16/31 21 13 10 10 -
    Juvenile H 19d12+76 (199 hp) 29 10 19 8 11 8 19/36 26 15 11 11 -
    Young Adult G 22d12+110 (253 hp) 33 10 21 8 11 10 22/45 29 18 13 13 21
    Adult G 25d12+125 (287 hp) 35 10 21 10 11 12 25/49 33 19 14 14 23
    Mature Adult G 28d12+168 (350 hp) 37 10 23 12 13 12 28/53 37 22 16 17 25
    Old C 31d12+217 (418 hp) 41 10 25 12 13 12 31/62 38 24 17 18 26
    Very Old C 34d12+272 (493 hp) 43 10 27 14 15 14 34/66 42 27 19 21 29
    Ancient C 37d12+333 (573 hp) 47 10 29 14 15 14 37/70 46 29 20 22 30
    Wyrm C+ 40d12+400 (660 hp) 49 10 31 14 15 16 40/74 50 32 22 24 33
    Great Wyrm C+ 43d12+473 (752 hp) 51 10 33 18 19 18 43/78 54 34 23 27 35

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR Caster Level
    Wyrmling 5-ft, swim 60-ft +0 18 (-1 size, +9 natural) Cold immunity, pressure immunity, amphibious, blindsight 30-ft, blindsense 300-ft - -
    Very Young 5-ft, swim 60-ft +0 20 (-2 size, +12 natural) Song - -
    Young 5-ft, swim 60-ft +0 23 (-2 size, +15 natural) - - -
    Juvenile 5-ft, swim 60-ft +0 26 (-2 size, +18 natural) Song of Despair - -
    Young Adult 5-ft, swim 90-ft +0 27 (-4 size, +21 natural) DR 5/magic 21 -
    Adult 5-ft, swim 90-ft +0 30 (-4 size, +24 natural) Jet 23 1st
    Mature Adult 5-ft, swim 90-ft +0 33 (-4 size, +27 natural) DR 10/magic 25 3rd
    Old 5-ft, swim 120-ft +0 32 (-8 size, +30 natural) Song of Destruction 27 5th
    Very Old 5-ft, swim 120-ft +0 35 (-8 size, +33 natural) DR 15/magic 29 7th
    Ancient 5-ft, swim 120-ft +0 38 (-8 size, +36 natural) Control Water 31 9th
    Wyrm 5-ft, swim 180-ft +0 41 (-8 size, +39 natural) DR 20/magic 33 11th
    Great Wyrm 5-ft, swim 180-ft +0 44 (-8 size, +42 natural) Lose Breath 35 13th
    Special Abilities

Wingless: A basilo dragon lacks wings and cannot make wing attacks.

Pressure Immunity (Ex): A basilo dragon does not take damage from the pressure at the depths of the sea.

Song (Ex): A basilo dragon of very young or older may hear and communicate via subsonic songs that cannot be heard unaided by most creatures. These songs allow them to communicate easily from up to 1000-ft on land, or 10 miles underwater.

Song of Despair (Su): A juvenile or older basilo dragon may alter its song so that it is audible to most creatures and is made in such a way to fill such creatures with dread. All creatures within the water and within 60-ft of a basilo dragon performing a song of despair suffer a -2 penalty to attack, weapon damage, and saving throws. Performing a song of despair is a standard action to begin and a dragon may continue to sing as a swift action each round. While singing the dragon may not cast spells with verbal components. A basilo dragon is immune to the songs of other basilo dragons.

Jet (Ex): While swimming a basilo dragon may jet forward at great speed. When swimming an adult or older basilo dragon that takes a run action moves ten times their normal speed instead of four times it.

Song of Destruction (Su): Once per day an old or older basilo dragon may alter its song so that it is audible to most creatures and is made to destroy them. It is not the sound itself, but the magical powers it invokes which is most deadly. When a basilo dragon performs its song of destruction creatures and objects within 60-ft of the dragon and within the water, take 8d8 sonic damage per round. A successful Fortitude save (same DC as Frightful Presence) halves this damage. Performing a song of destruction is a standard action to begin and a dragon may continue to sing as a swift action each round. While singing the dragon may not cast spells with verbal components. A basilo dragon is immune to the songs of other basilo dragons.

Lose Breath (Su): Any creature struck by a great wyrm basilo dragon’s bite attack has any spells (including polymorph and body altering effects) which grant the ability to breathe water dispelled. In addition any creature struck by a great wyrm basilo dragon’s bite attack must make a DC 42 Fortitude save (the DC is constitution based) or be unable to hold its breath for 1 round and lose any breath it is already holding causing it to start drowning unless it has some means to breathe weapon.

Spells: A basilo dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the listed level.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day Control Water (ancient or older).

Skills: Survival and Swim are class skills for basilo dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 10:29 PM.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    I don't think I ever gave you my request for a prehistoric dragon. Do you think you could add a basilosaurus dragon on to that big old boat load of requests you've got?
    Is the above satisfactory (sorry it took so long got caught up in the 7 Heavens)?

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #534

Zaydos i would give these creature higher str, If they have low str then these creature are extreamly weak and then are not able to hurt/kill anyone
    there a space in your table making that the str is in the nothing and there is no cha
    you fixed it so no comments
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-25 at 04:17 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Zaydos i would give these creature higher str, If they have low str then these creature are extreamly weak and then are not able to hurt/kill anyone
    I blinked a few times when I read this, scrolled up to the table and then realized I had an unlisted column and everything right of hit dice were shifted one extra step to the right. It's supposed to have 10 Dex... and end up with 51 Strength which should be enough to hurt most people.

Edit: Ninja editted.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-25 at 04:17 PM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #536

An interesting note for the HP themed dragons, this site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogwarts notes that according to J.K. Rowling Hufflepuff roughly corresponds to the element of Earth, and Ravenclaw roughly corresponds to the element of Air. It would not be too much of a stretch therefore to have Gryffendor correspond to Fire and Slytherin correspond to Water. Also the site lists the major adjectives associated with each of the house.

On a side note; it is stated that Muggles are unable to see Hogwarts, instead seeing ruins and signs of danger. Perhaps the Hogwarts Dragon is similarly unable to be seen by anyone with no casting ability, though for the sake of game play I would stipulate that the ability to cast Divine Magic is enough to be able to see them, thus allowing both Divine Casters and Arcane Casters to see them, but not Fighters or other non-magic wielding folk (Not sure about psionics since I rarely use them in my games........)

As to which Halloween Dragon to do....why not do them all or at least all the ones different enough to be counted separately.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Frightful Presence column is blank in the Basilo dragon.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

ALON-SQUUEEEEEEEE! Which is to say, it's perfect. Have you thought about making a subtype for all these prehistoric dragons, like maybe they're actually the forerunners or primitive forms of modern dragons?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    The Frightful Presence column is blank in the Basilo dragon.

Debby
    Fixed it; thanks (forgot to remove the dividers when I decided they shouldn't have breath weapons).

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    ALON-SQUUEEEEEEEE! Which is to say, it's perfect. Have you thought about making a subtype for all these prehistoric dragons, like maybe they're actually the forerunners or primitive forms of modern dragons?
    Thought about it, and I'm still considering doing it for listing purposes if nothing else. The reason I haven't is that they have very different powers and even sources. For example Lepidodendron Dragons have all the standard dragon abilities (except they cast as a druid and not a sorcerer), Gorgonid Dragons lack spells, and Basilo Dragons lack a breath weapon. That's not to say that making these hasn't gotten me thinking about dragon evolution (examples spoilered)

Spoiler
    Show
    I actually see Basilo Dragons as having evolved from, probably black, dragons stranded on a water world with a low level of background magic so that the draconis fundamentalis had to adapt to focus purely on its primary role of converting food to energy and lost its ability to produce breath weapons; as their hind legs perform no function in gathering food and in fact slow it in the water they were lost as well.
    Meanwhile I think Lepidodendron Dragons, as the climate changed away from their moist habitats became closer to the growing fey courts and eventually became the Arbor Dragons such as Redwood, Oak, and Willow Dragon.
    Gorgonid Dragons I see as related to Bellum Dragons (although I fluffed those as being an act of divine creationism, I did this while making Bellum Dragons) and Enyo Dragons, as well as possibly Solania Dragons.
    I think I could actually start on other breeds of dragons but I won't yet.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

Sun Dragon:
    Dragon (Fire)
    Environment: Fire worlds, wildspace, or any warm land
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 5; very young 7; young 9; juvenile
    11; young adult 14; adult 16; mature adult 19; old 21; very old 22;
    ancient 24; wyrm 25; great wyrm 27
    Treasure: Double Standard.

Sun dragons were named such either because they are typically (but not always) found near the fiery primaries of crystal spheres or because their red and yellow flaming bodies resemble the sun. Sun dragons see themselves as the guardians of wildspace, hating the phlogiston due to their explosive nature which renders travel through the Flow deadly to adults of the species. In their self-appointed roles as guardians sun dragons will patrol space lanes to make sure that they are safe from pirates, neogi, and illithids.

Sun dragons have a strong sense of honor and duty. They believe it is the duty of the strong to defend the weak, and that for one to abuse such power is the greatest dishonor possible. As such they have a hatred for those they see as abusing their powers which sometimes leads them to fight other lawful creatures. This makes them very prone, though, to fighting against Lawful Evil and Chaotic Evil creatures.

As beings born to fly through the void of wildspace sun dragons believe it is the duty of their groundling kin to protect groundlings. As space has so few dragons it is up to those it does have to defend the squishy humans which ply its depths. As such sun dragons are rarely seen on groundling planets. Due to their needs for food and nests, though, sun dragons can occasionally be seen on planets although they have no great love for them, preferring to fly through the skies.

A sun dragon will occasionally skim a world for food, flying down to guzzle water and microscopic protists and algae to fuel their draconic bodies before bursting back into the skies. If there are no convenient asteroid belts, or semi-solid fire bodies in the sphere, sun dragons will also use earth bodies as nesting grounds to raise their young as young space dragons cannot fly at spelljamming speeds and need a conveniently available food source.

Sun dragons have bright and reflective red and yellow scales, although only in the youngest is this easily recognized as their scales quickly grow white hot and are eventually engulfed in fire. Their heads are wide, and flat topped, with relatively short snouts and their eyes are large for dragonkind. They have three pairs of smaller wings instead of the large wings of most dragons and even their tails have a long fin-wings like those of gold and brass dragons.

Adaptation: If you don’t use Spelljammer (which most of us don’t; I’ve never actually gotten to play it but I got the books as a kid and loved the setting) then you can strip away the space flavor from this dragon fairly easily. In this case it becomes more limited in the scope of its defensive ideals, living in tropical lands where it acts as a great protector beast/spirit to nearby inhabitants serving to protect them against evil and injustice. Remove Breathless, and Small Eater and Natural Spelljammer.

Wyrmling M 7d12+14 (59 hp) 21 10 15 12 13 12 7/12 12 7 5 6 2d10 15 -
    Very Young L 10d12+20 (85 hp) 25 10 15 12 13 12 10/21 16 9 7 8 4d10 17 -
    Young L 13d12+39 (117 hp) 27 10 17 14 15 14 13/25 20 11 8 10 6d10 19 -
    Juvenile H 16d12+48 (143 hp) 29 10 17 14 15 14 16/33 23 13 10 12 8d10 21 -
    Young Adult H 19d12+76 (199 hp) 31 10 19 16 17 16 19/37 27 15 11 14 10d10 23 22
    Adult H 22d12+110 (253 hp) 33 10 21 16 17 16 22/41 31 18 13 16 12d10 26 24
    Mature Adult H 25d12+150 (312 hp) 35 10 23 18 19 18 25/45 35 20 14 18 14d10 28 26
    Old G 28d12+168 (350 hp) 39 10 23 18 19 18 28/54 38 22 16 20 16d10 30 28
    Very Old G 31d12+217 (418 hp) 41 10 25 20 21 20 31/58 42 24 17 22 18d10 32 30
    Ancient G 34d12+272 (493 hp) 43 10 27 20 21 20 34/62 46 27 19 24 20d10 35 32
    Wyrm C 37d12+343 (573 hp) 47 10 29 22 23 22 37/71 47 29 20 26 22d10 37 34
    Great Wyrm C 40d12+400 (650 hp) 49 10 31 24 25 24 40/75 51 32 22 29 24d10 40 37

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 200-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 16 (+6 natural) - Immunity to fire, cold vulnerability, breathless, small eater -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 250-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 18 (-1 size, +9 natural) - Burning Flesh -
    Young 40-ft, fly 250-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 21 (-1 size, +12 natural) - Natural Spelljammer -
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 300-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 23 (-2 size, +15 natural) - Mind Shield 1st
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 300-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 26 (-2 size, +18 natural) 19 DR 5/magic 3rd
    Adult 40-ft, fly 300-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) 21 Body of Flames 5th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 300-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 23 DR 10/magic 7th
    Old 40-ft, fly 350-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 33 (-4 size, +27 natural) 25 Solar Inferno 9th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 350-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 36 (-4 size, +30 natural) 27 DR 15/magic 11th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 350-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) 29 Inferno Body 13th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 400-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 38 (-8 size, +36 natural) 31 DR 20/magic 15th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 400-ft (good), swim 20-ft +0 41 (-8 size, +39 natural) 33 Death Throes 17th

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): A sun dragon has a single type of breath weapon a cone of fire dealing the listed damage (reflex halves).

Breathless (Ex): A sun dragon has no need to breathe.

Small Eater (Ex): A sun dragon needs to only eat 1 meal a month, and drink the appropriate amount of water once a month instead of once a day.

Burning Flesh (Su): A very young or older sun dragon’s body is red hot and any creature or object touching it takes 2d6 fire damage per round of contact or per unarmed strike/natural weapon that they hit the sun dragon with.

Natural Spelljammer (Su): A young or older sun dragon may reach Spelljamming speeds in the same circumstances as a spelljamming vessel. In addition when outside of the gravity of an object at least one mile in its largest dimension a sun dragon may fly at 10 times its normal fly speed. The dragon produces fresh oxygen at the same rate its body's flames would burn it.

Mind Shielding (Su): A sun dragon’s mind is shielded against mental intrusion. Although not impenetrable to it, any attempt to affect a juvenile or older sun dragon with a mind-affecting spell (or psionic power), spell-like ability, or other ability affected by SR requires a caster against a DC equal to the sun dragon’s Hit Dice. This is in addition to the sun dragon’s SR and both must be checked against separately.

Body of Flames (Su): An adult or older sun dragon’s body is actively licked by fires leaking from within it. Any creature striking it in melee without a reach weapon takes 4d6 damage (this does not stack with the damage from Burning Flesh). Should an adult or older sun dragon be submerged in water this ability functions for 1 round before being suppressed. Should an adult or older sun dragon enter the Phlogiston it immediately explodes in a fire ball that radiates in all directions as far as a dragon of the same size’s line breath weapon would extend dealing damage equal to its hit points (Reflex save halves, DC equals breath weapon’s) to all creatures within the radius and killing the dragon destroying its body.

Solar Inferno (Su): 1/day as a standard action an old or older sun dragon may call upon its massive reserves of internal energy to create a horrible inferno of flames. For 1 minute per age category the dragon is surrounded by a swirling inferno of fire which deals 1d6 fire damage per age category (Reflex halves; same DC as Frightful Presence), this swirling inferno extends 60-ft at huge or smaller, 90-ft at gargantuan, 120-ft at colossal, and 200-ft at colossal +.

Inferno Body (Su): An ancient or older sun dragon’s flames burn even hotter. Its Body of Flames ability deals extra damage equal to its Charisma modifier.

Death Throes (Ex): A great wyrm sun dragon explodes upon death dealing its breath weapon damage to all creatures within 120-ft (Reflex halves; same DC as its breath weapon).

Spells: A sun dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the listed level they may also choose spells from the Fire, Sun, and Dragon domains.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 10:52 PM.

Current Projects: