New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I Can't Believe It's Not An Index CCXXXIII - Jasdoif's Random Banter #233

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Pax Martia is something to be celebrated, I do declare!
    You don't have to say "I do declare" you can just say whatever it is. this is a poor attempt at a "The Office" reference.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: I Can't Believe It's Not An Index CCXXXIII - Jasdoif's Random Banter #233

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    You don't have to say "I do declare" you can just say whatever it is.
    That is how they talk in the South. I do declare.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

That is how they talk in the South. I do declare.
    Alright then, Caleb Crawdad.

4. - Top - End - #484

Alright then, Caleb Crawdad.
    I declare you I am innocent!

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

I declare you I am innocent!
    There are no innocents!

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

There are no innocents!
    There are! On Mars!
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, innocence prices nothing.

Also writing without clear vision is really hard.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

No one is innocent when you're guilty.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

That's not true! If you're guilty of shrinking people and trapping them in American or EU pennies, they're in a cent.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

10. - Top - End - #490

Wouldn't everyone else be innocent when you're guilty?
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-06-12 at 09:41 AM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Colossus in the Playground

Grilled cheese experiment: Two slices of Munster, with dijon mustard, between good quality sourdough fired using an olive oil-based cooking spray, at mother's suggestion.

Bread texture is fine, but doesn't toast as evenly or as darkly as accustomed to. Feels good in the tummy(as opposed to some previous experiments, that repeated on me) but heat distribution resulted in a less than perfect melt in the cheese.

7/10, may need to refine the procedure. Maybe use shredded Munster.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #492

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Grilled cheese experiment: Two slices of Munster, with dijon mustard, between good quality sourdough fired using an olive oil-based cooking spray, at mother's suggestion.

Bread texture is fine, but doesn't toast as evenly or as darkly as accustomed to. Feels good in the tummy(as opposed to some previous experiments, that repeated on me) but heat distribution resulted in a less than perfect melt in the cheese.

7/10, may need to refine the procedure. Maybe use shredded Munster.
    I think I may have asked this before, but are you familiar with, as some (like me) like to call it, "the meltdown"? The rant on reddit's grilled cheese forum? Because you seem to love a good grilled cheese and it seems like you'd get a good laugh out of it.

Imean,to be fair, I think everyone would get a good laugh out of it, but still. It's. It something I can link to, sadly, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't the top post of all time on r/grilledcheese.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Writing when your vision is blurs is hard.

On the other hand I had a lovely time in a Brighton today, staying away from the next and investigating the cafes and bookshops. Also learnt my girlfriend the first volume of Fullmetal Alchemist (Fullmetal Edition, so hardback and with the colour pages) because she wants to try comics and thinks the manga style is lovely.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

14. - Top - End - #494

I think I may have asked this before, but are you familiar with, as some (like me) like to call it, "the meltdown"? The rant on reddit's grilled cheese forum? Because you seem to love a good grilled cheese and it seems like you'd get a good laugh out of it.

Imean,to be fair, I think everyone would get a good laugh out of it, but still. It's. It something I can link to, sadly, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't the top post of all time on r/grilledcheese.
    Someone doesn't seem to understand the difference between a Grilled Cheese with extras and a Melt.

a melt is a different sandwich that happens to have cheese cooked so the cheese melts... Except for a patty melt, which is a fancy cheeseburger. (patty based on hamburg steak, with cheese, served as a sandwich. You're just using toasted sourdough instead of a bun.)

A grilled cheese is a sandwich where cheese is the main attraction cooked in a manner described as grilled. As long as cheese is the main focus it's a grilled cheese even if there's a couple slices of meat on it.

A "griddle cheese" is not technically a grilled cheese, but is similar enough: A cheese sandwich cooked between two hot plates of metal, which would include say, a cheese panini.

I'd honestly like to try one from an episode of Good Eats, which is fresh shredded cheddar and dijon on artisen coated in olivoil toasted between two heated cast iron skillets likewise coated in oil.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-06-12 at 12:48 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Speaking of grilled cheese, I like a grilled swiss on rye sandwich. (That's swiss cheese, aka Emmentaler, and rye bread, if you want to be precise.) A slice or two of ripe tomato goes well in such a sandwich also.

I don't have the ingredients for that, so I'll just have to go out for pizza now.
    Last edited by DavidSh; 2021-06-12 at 12:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #496

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Someone doesn't seem to understand the difference between a Grilled Cheese with extras and a Melt.

a melt is a different sandwich that happens to have cheese cooked so the cheese melts... Except for a patty melt, which is a fancy cheeseburger. (patty based on hamburg steak, with cheese, served as a sandwich. You're just using toasted sourdough instead of a bun.)

A grilled cheese is a sandwich where cheese is the main attraction cooked in a manner described as grilled. As long as cheese is the main focus it's a grilled cheese even if there's a couple slices of meat on it.

A "griddle cheese" is not technically a grilled cheese, but is similar enough: A cheese sandwich cooked between two hot plates of metal, which would include say, a cheese panini.

I'd honestly like to try one from an episode of Good Eats, which is fresh shredded cheddar and dijon on artisen coated in olivoil toasted between two heated cast iron skillets likewise coated in oil.
    I have no dog in the fight. I was just entertained by the rant and assume others would be as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    Speaking of grilled cheese, I like a grilled swiss on rye sandwich. (That's swiss cheese, aka Emmentaler, and rye bread, if you want to be precise.) A slice or two of ripe tomato goes well in such a sandwich also.
    Swiss is not Emmental. Emmental is a cheese from Switzerland. Swiss is a cheese from America (predominantly), designed to be similar to Emmental.

Swiss cheese is a really good American-made cheese, as opposed to processed American cheese.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-06-12 at 01:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #497

I can't do swiss.

Pungeant swisses actually make me a little sick from the smell. A very mild swiss tastes okay, but there's something about it that just...

I can keep it down but my tummy does not like me afterward. It doesn't make me feel sick per see but it doesn't settle.

Got guilt-tripped into eating a turkey and swiss yesterday, mom picked up box-lunches for well, lunch and even though we'd just had a conversation about that last month... Luckily it was mostly turkey with only the one slice of cheese, but...

And it only happens with swiss. I can handle other alpine cheeses, just not anything that would be sold as "swiss."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #498

I've always wanted to try raclette.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

The "swiss" cheese I usually get is actually from Finland, I think. I don't think I've ever had the original from Switzerland. I was going to visit Switzerland last spring, and maybe try the local foods, but then the world changed.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    The "swiss" cheese I usually get is actually from Finland, I think. I don't think I've ever had the original from Switzerland. I was going to visit Switzerland last spring, and maybe try the local foods, but then the world changed.
    Swiss cheese is originally from France.

It's related to, but distinct from, emmentaler, which is from Switzerland.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

21. - Top - End - #501

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Swiss cheese is originally from France.

It's related to, but distinct from, emmentaler, which is from Switzerland.
    Are you thinking of gruyere, which is a Swiss type cheese predominantly made in France that is originally from Switzerland?

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    the first volume of Fullmetal Alchemist (Fullmetal Edition, so hardback and with the colour pages) because she wants to try comics and thinks the manga style is lovely.
    Ooh, good taste.
    I've always wanted to try raclette.
    The true raclette experience requires eating it in the mountains during the winter season.

Man, it's been a while since I've had a proper winter holiday.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Are you thinking of gruyere, which is a Swiss type cheese predominantly made in France that is originally from Switzerland?
    No. Gruyere is a third type of cheese. A really good third type, I might add.

Swiss cheese can be made in America, but France is its origin.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2021-06-12 at 03:34 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

24. - Top - End - #504

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    The true raclette experience requires eating it in the mountains during the winter season.

Man, it's been a while since I've had a proper winter holiday.
    Well, I'll have to look into that now that I have working and residential rights throughout most of mainland Europe and can stay for far longer if I wish (and am financially able).
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-06-12 at 03:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, upon doing some brief research, it turns out Peelee was right. Swiss cheese is from America.

I thought it was from France because I distinctly remember a charcuterie/party-platter/cheese-plate with four different types of cheese on it, one of which was "French swiss."

It seems the only reason they imported it from France rather than making it domestically is because they wanted to evoke (very slightly) more exoticism in their use of the Detroit Rule.

"American" fails the Detroit rule for cheese specifically (the same way Detroit itself does for every food) due to icommon associations. They could likely have chosen to produce and market it as "Wisconsinite swiss" and I suspect it would still sell well, but perhaps not quite as well as the "French swiss" they currently use.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

26. - Top - End - #506

First stream went very well! I think everyone had a lot of fun, and that makes me happy. anyone interested in seeing the video can check out my channel or here

So yeah, streaming is fun!

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

aw, I missed it. wish I could've been there, and I subscribed to your channel and everything.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #508

aw, I missed it. wish I could've been there, and I subscribed to your channel and everything.
    Eh, I'm gonna be doing it every week, so you'll be able to show up

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Today I made that order from that one Mika song. Yes, that's right.

Diet Coke and a pizza please.

Sadly nobody got on their knees screaming anything.

But being on a date was lovely, and I'm looking forward to when one of my partners is the new flat. Will need to get in some goat's cheese so I can cook that curry Jeremy taught me.

Show

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    First stream went very well! I think everyone had a lot of fun, and that makes me happy. anyone interested in seeing the video can check out my channel or here

So yeah, streaming is fun!
    Wish I could spare some cash to send your way.

and Super Mario Sunshine! Very funto play, very infuriating to think about the storyline of.

The fracking trial scene, peeps. Either Isle Delfino is part of the Mushroom Kingdom and the judge overruled an objection from their absolute monarch or Isle Defino is a sovereign nation and they royally screwed over a visiting foreign dignitary, and throughout the game, Mario's name is never cleared even though he has eyewitnesses that prove that he physically was not present to commit the crimes... Between that and the complete sham of a trial...

I like ti think that Peach Beach, a racecourse in two Mario Kart titles that is described as Peach's private race course but that is obviously somewhere in Isel Delfino, exists because after the absolutely despicable way her party was treated not an hour short of getting to the island, that Peach just ent an invasion force and annexed the Island as part of her kingdom and converted the capitol into her personal race track to prove a point.

The Pintas and Noki watching the races are cheering because she's a better ruler than the corrupt government she ousted.

I mean, if that's what happens to a world famous hero/boyfriend of a visiting monarch then what the hell are they doing to their own citizens?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks