New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    So, separate from all other things I wrote and to anyone who wishes to read it, I am honestly not feeling so great. There's...kind of a bit going on and some bad thoughts on my mind, some things that could potentially likely happen, some things that have me stressed, and the more I try to not think of it the more I end up thinking of, even imaging worst case scenario conversations with people that I really shouldn't be doing. It's just...I don't want to go into details on it, and if I did I don't think I would have the words for it. But a year or two ago keeping this to myself and pretending to be all giggles and grins would have been easy, natural. Events and people in that time frame have made it impossible now for me to keep things like this hidden. Whether that is a good or a bad thing, I'll have to think about later. But yeah, keeping that inside was proving too hard. So I can say this much. I hope the depressing feeling and the fear and stress go away soon. And now I feel like I am saying too much. *hide under bed*
    My condolences, comrade. I hope things get better for you.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Hey everybody, how ya all doing?

(And I'll be hoping for the best for you Haluesen. Sounds like you're going through a rough time).

ION: Today was an interesting day for me. I just got my braces removed today, and now I have to wear retainers for 2 years.

At least my teeth have improved, and show that I've did a pretty decent job of brushing my teeth.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

ION: Okay, I do like the Playground much more than any other social place online. But sometimes these arguements...ehh. I mean people get to arguing over the craziest things here, having to do with the comic or D&D in general, and most of them just won't let up no matter how obvious it is that the arguments are going nowhere. I know I shouldn't be letting myself get so rustled, but it ticks me off, and I don't even take part in the discussions. I get to where I want to, then I read on and have to just flee. So I am going to hide here in safety til I feel calm.
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    *imagines someone rubbing a rabbit in your face* Heheheheheheh.

Yes, but when the number nears non-existence, I don't know if it really counts...

Eeevil, evil being.

.. Unfortunately my sleeping plans have failed as I accidentally derped myself for a good 1,5 hour nap. *facepalm* I feel refreshed, alive, rather well.. And it's not even 10pm! Come on, brain, why can't you just work together with me... Sigh. Time to wash my hair, I suppose.
    Heheheh

...Well, a fraction of negligible is still negligible.

Well, it is Lawful Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    *a wild Heliomance appears!*

So I recently got a shiny new Samsung Galaxy S3. I love it. It combines the features of my old phone and my old iPod Touch into one package that works better than either of them. There's just one very minor quibble I have.

The keyboard. On the iPod Touch, it had this nifty little feature where if you put in a piece of punctuation, then hit space, it would automatically shift back to the letters keyboard. Do any of you know if it's possible to make the Galaxy keyboard do the same thing?
    *throws ultra ball* [several rounds later] Dammit! It fainted... I NEED A HELIOMANCE TO COMPLETE MY POKEDEX!

*nod* It's a nice phone indeed.

Hrm... I don't know - I'm sure it's possible, but I don't know how to do it myself. I've gotten used to hitting the button to switch it back over to letters. *shrug*

-snip; So, separate from all other things I wrote and to anyone who wishes to read it, I am honestly not feeling so great. -
    Feel better, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    Tired, too warm, and busy. I'll manage.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-08-28 at 09:39 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Cute things can have claws? You've gotta be kitten me!
    Here. For that you can hold the cat who wants to climb on my back and claw the back of my best pants. At least they used to be my best pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    You had multiple friends in the hospital? Well, from your smilie, I assume that their leave was auspicious, so I'll gladly share your joy.
    I talked about a baby shower a little while ago. The baby was born but there was a real risk to mother and baby. I was worried that it was true that it was the last time I would have talked to her.

The father was OK but he was so close and loyal that I can say two people went to the hospital. And three came home.

Well, you could be advanced AI constructs messing with me for all I know, but for as long as I'm happy talking with you, I see no need in questioning your authenticity. I'd rather think that I'm talking to real people and be proven wrong, than assume that I'm being fooled and proven wrong.

And hey, if someone manage to create an AI so advanced that I can talk to him or her for months or years while still being certain I'm talking to an actual human, then I think we've reached such an advanced level of technology that even our creations deserve to be called people...
    Sometimes I worry about that as well. Real life is worse. Most of what we say in a day is plain and a robot could say it too. A roleplaying forum is much better and free of worry. Nothing that runs on rules could make some of the silly stories we do.

So, separate from all other things I wrote and to anyone who wishes to read it, I am honestly not feeling so great. There's...kind of a bit going on and some bad thoughts on my mind, some things that could potentially likely happen, some things that have me stressed, and the more I try to not think of it the more I end up thinking of, even imaging worst case scenario conversations with people that I really shouldn't be doing. It's just...I don't want to go into details on it, and if I did I don't think I would have the words for it. But a year or two ago keeping this to myself and pretending to be all giggles and grins would have been easy, natural. Events and people in that time frame have made it impossible now for me to keep things like this hidden. Whether that is a good or a bad thing, I'll have to think about later. But yeah, keeping that inside was proving too hard. So I can say this much. I hope the depressing feeling and the fear and stress go away soon. And now I feel like I am saying too much. *hide under bed*
    Now it is my turn to sit and comfort you. And to be curious but to know that is not what needs to be known right now.

I cannot make cookies for you but I can make a good short cake and peaches are in season.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    My condolences, comrade. I hope things get better for you.
    Thank you. Hopefully soon shall be.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post

(And I'll be hoping for the best for you Haluesen. Sounds like you're going through a rough time).

ION: Today was an interesting day for me. I just got my braces removed today, and now I have to wear retainers for 2 years.

At least my teeth have improved, and show that I've did a pretty decent job of brushing my teeth.
    Hiya Drake, and thanks. It's not really a bad time I guess, just a time where a lot of negative thoughts are passing through my head. Sometimes it is just hard to shake. Otherwise I am well. Had an amazing sandwich.

Major thumbs up! I am very glad to hear your teeth are doing better. I know how much teeth problems can really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.

*throws ultra ball* [several rounds later] Dammit! It fainted... I NEED A HELIOMANCE TO COMPLETE MY POKEDEX!

Feel better, man.
    Indeed! Heh I kinda feel like quoting this, it is so apt a description. Very well done Drex.

*muffles slight snickering* That's sort of what I was thinking.

I shall certainly try to. Though distracting myself is hard right now, I have to say that comment up there helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I talked about a baby shower a little while ago. The baby was born but there was a real risk to mother and baby. I was worried that it was true that it was the last time I would have talked to her.

The father was OK but he was so close and loyal that I can say two people went to the hospital. And three came home.

Now it is my turn to sit and comfort you. And to be curious but to know that is not what needs to be known right now.

I cannot make cookies for you but I can make a good short cake and peaches are in season.
    ... :smalltearfulsmile: Wow...I am very glad that it worked out happily. For all the bad things I think about this world we live in, every now and then I have to admit that beautiful things can happen.

Thank you very much. Explaining is hard. It all comes down to one little thing can me some sad, stressful thoughts for the future, and from there it spiraled to many stressful thoughts concerning friends, family, and my path in life. Explaining is difficult both because I don't really know how to put all of my thoughts without writing a small essay, and because I am not used to letting people have a close look into my mind and feelings. I am still the sort (kinda) how likes to bottle it all up to focus on caring for others, and let my problems sort themselves out. It has been recent discussions with my sweetheart that have led to me being a little more willingly open, while also making it tough to try to keep thoughts to myself. And I would perhaps grudgingly talk to her about it all, but she is having a very hard time right now with worries about an injured family member. So I very much want to do whatever I can to ease her mind and heart, and worry about my worries later.

Heh wow even when trying to not write too much, I write a lot. Still, guess I can crawl out from under the bed now. *does so* Short cake sounds delicious. ^-^ I'm not sure if I have ever tried peaches. The thought of them sounds good...maybe I have?
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Moths.
    I know I owe other replies, but I feel rather listless and non-talkative today.
    However, I did do some research into how to get rid of moths, assuming your problem is the clothes moth. I doubt it is, but it's the only species of moth I could find information on the removal of.

1. Wash everything in hot water about once a month. This will kill the larvae and disrupt their life cycle.
    2. If it can't be washed, put it in the freezer, that also kills them.
    3. Don't heat your apartment during the Winter. That prevents them from being able to breed and proliferate during the Winter.
    4. Keep your apartment clean, regularly open windows to air the place and don't leave unwashed clothes lying around.
    5. Don't pack your wardrobes full. They love it when lots of fabric is stored together in dark places.
    6. Take special care of natural fibres, but leave out old wool to distract them from more expensive materials like silk.
    7. Clean, clean, clean. Everything. And thoroughly.
    8. Shake out everything in daylight about once a month. Hang rugs, curtains, cushions and upholstery in the sunlight as it repels the larvae.
    9. Moth balls are good too, but usually poisonous.

Also, before I forget... Camphor, cedar and lavender are good. But camphor sometimes needs a higher concentration than naphthalene, cedar is difficult to get to high enough concentrations and won't kill adults and not everyone likes lavender.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2013-08-29 at 12:03 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

My esteemed Elemental, I take exception to your prescriptions enumerated in your post above me: for reasons.

And those reasons are these, that there is the possibility also of budgies being in wardrobes who pose no threat to clothing at all; whether they are there to spy on the owner of the inhabited robes I cannot and will not speculate, but no matter --

what was I saying? Oh yes, moth balls and camphor are irritating to budgies, and shaking any garment too vigorously could expel a comfortably napping budgie from its soft feathery coil within a pocket.

Also it is very important that lots of fabric is stored together in dark places so that the budgies have lots of soft fluffy folds and corners in which to hide, and if their little black eyes glittering amidst the soft shadows seem to observe quite a bit about their environs and the activities carried out therein, well I cannot be bothered to speculate about their motives except to say that they are naturally curious creatures and that such motives are undoubtedly innocent.

So please, folks, my purport is thus: do not investigate your wardrobes too thoroughly, and do not go out of your way to minimize the hiding places within; just let the budgies go about their assigned duties, and go about your own normal business as usual, and don't think too much about it and everything will be just fine.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-08-29 at 12:43 AM. Reason: For reasons

8. - Top - End - #308
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm. Well, I'm all packed up for Dragon*Con. If you don't hear from me by the 5th of November, assume I've perished in some amusing Con-related mishap.

Took a surprising amount of time to pack up everything, and I'm not even taking my Bonnie Prince Charlie with me, just the regular sporran, some stockings, and a bow-tie, because it's not like I'm going to get another excuse to wear a bow-tie.

That reminds me, I still need garters. bleurgh. Preferably ones that aren't inviting further sexual harassment. Or whatever it is when people try to lift up your kilt to see your goolies. Darndest thing, really. I can only hope that the fact that men in kilts are one of the categories of people you'll find at every Con, along with George R.R. Martin look-alikes, will mean that people are less captivated by the mystique of looking under the kilt.

It's too bad I've put on a little bit of girth, or I'd have been able to get a decent shot of myself in a banana suit wearing a kilt. Ah well, you'll just be stuck imagining that now. The banana wizard will have to be revisited though, I think.

When all you have is a banana suit, every problem looks like the solution is fruit salad, I guess you could say.

Fortunately for everyone involved, I haven't been able to smuggle the banana suit into the car yet. Probably would've overwhelmed the frailer con-goers anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #309
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Hmm. Well, I'm all packed up for Dragon*Con. If you don't hear from me by the 5th of November, assume I've perished in some amusing Con-related mishap.
    5th of November? This convention is *two months* long?

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    My esteemed Elemental, I take exception to your prescriptions enumerated in your post above me: for reasons.

And those reasons are these, that there is the possibility also of budgies being in wardrobes who pose no threat to clothing at all; whether they are there to spy on the owner of the inhabited robes I cannot and will not speculate, but no matter --

what was I saying? Oh yes, moth balls and camphor are irritating to budgies, and shaking any garment too vigorously could expel a comfortably napping budgie from its soft feathery coil within a pocket.

Also it is very important that lots of fabric is stored together in dark places so that the budgies have lots of soft fluffy folds and corners in which to hide, and if their little black eyes glittering amidst the soft shadows seem to observe quite a bit about their environs and the activities carried out therein, well I cannot be bothered to speculate about their motives except to say that they are naturally curious creatures and that such motives are undoubtedly innocent.

So please, folks, my purport is thus: do not investigate your wardrobes too thoroughly, and do not go out of your way to minimize the hiding places within; just let the budgies go about their assigned duties, and go about your own normal business as usual, and don't think too much about it and everything will be just fine.
    ...is anyone else starting to get worried about a budgie conspiracy?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

It will be the most adorable conspiracy in history.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Heheheh

Well, it is Lawful Evil.
    Phah. Silly being. You laugh now, but you will never know when it hits you.

You don't have to remind me about this all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I know I owe other replies, but I feel rather listless and non-talkative today.
    However, I did do some research into how to get rid of moths, assuming your problem is the clothes moth. I doubt it is, but it's the only species of moth I could find information on the removal of.

-snip, list-

Also, before I forget... Camphor, cedar and lavender are good. But camphor sometimes needs a higher concentration than naphthalene, cedar is difficult to get to high enough concentrations and won't kill adults and not everyone likes lavender.
    I really appreciate how you've put this list together, however, there's nothing new we haven't tried.

Simply put, nothing's helping the issue. The only way that we've managed to lower the amount of moths is how I basically have 90% of my clothes hidden out of moth-accessible areas, which means I've got half of all this crap in my luggage and the other half in my drawers. And it sucks, because I have clothes that are supposed to be hanging from the rail I've got, but eh, what's impossible is impossible.

We have cedar, we have lavender, we have all sorts of things that are supposed to make clothes moths run away and die, but they just won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post

I would greatly appreciate your fine presence in my closet, o' budgiest of my dear friends. However, finest featherling, I have one condition: you must spend your days snacking on clothes moths. They might not be the most nutritional and delicious things, but in order to enjoy my pretty dresses and scarves you must do something to protect them. I hope you understand, mo bhuidsidh beag! For nice things, you have to make some sacrifices.

There is no conspiracy. There is no need to worry. There is nothing wrong. Heil budgies!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Great. Just brilliant.

I hate this flat so much right now.

Moths.
    That damn clock tower.

And the fact that I nearly went through the damned floor in the bathroom. I want it fixed. I WANT IT FIXED.
    I... I think this all is pretty understandable...

Have you got any ETA on when the landlord will fix it?

Heh well thank you. It would be a walk, but grandma offered to drive me if I wait until later. So wait I am. It is a good way to avoid the heat.
    Well, I would argue for walking, but when the weather conditions are that hostile, it wouldn't be especially considerate to force anyone...

Well the best thing usually is feeling good, no matter all the mess that is beside it. So for all this, I say congratulations and yippie for all the good lately. *hugses*
    Thanks! *hugs*

Hmm are you afraid very much of being alone? I know quite a few are. I haven't decided if I am or not. But yes, I feel confident too that you'll be able to take it when the time comes. And of course we are around to assist.
    Not really, not in and on itself, but there's a line between spending most of my days mostly alone, and spending most of them completely alone, and I know that for me, that line is also a tipping point for eating disorders. I'm not as much afraid of what the loneliness will do to my head as what it'll do to my body, and it'd be kinda (read very) unfortunate if I accidently managed to starve myself to death...

Well it might not be far by American standards, I don't know. But by my standards it is quite far. Anyone that is a 2 hours drive or more away I just don't get to see. Good that you'll be able to have some weekends though to meet up.
    Yeah, we'll have to see, we'll have to see...

Hmm another question what kind of issues usually pull at you more to join? For me it is people arguing over the alignments of the characters in the comic. Now sure why, it's just what bugs me most.
    Hmm, I'm not sure if there's any certain topic. I think I'm usually pulled into discussions where I feel I've got something important to add which no one has said already. Since I managed to adopt this policy, staying clear of discussions have been a lot easier, because usually, someone has already managed to say what you wanted to have said. Last time I seriously entered a discussion was a piracy debate which flared up in a thread about Game Dev Tycoon, and that was because I thought the debate was far too single-tracked. The main line of discussion had the thread locked no too long afterwards, so I only ever managed one post, but I didn't intend for more than two or three in that thread anyway...

All in all, I've become a lot better at agreeing on disagreeing in the last years...

Heh that is a great way to think of it. I would put a picture somewhere to assure that I am not an AI, but first I need a haircut something fierce. When I feel more presentable then I can take pictures.
    Hehehe... Take your time, I'm not impacient.

Ah okay then. Sometimes that happens. I'm not really great with clouds either, but I love drawing outside scenery. It's what I feel best at.
    I've got one style of drawing clouds I'm actually rather happy with, but it wouldn't have worked especially well yesterday, as those clouds were of another type...

*hugs*

I think opening up has that effect, making you see yourself clearly and realise what issues you've buried inside, and it isn't easy. Do you remember how we talked a little less than a month ago when I was seeking professional help for myself, about how you could need such help yourself some day as well, but how we agreed that it probably wasn't needed then since you weren't actually suffering? Well, I think the time for it has come now. To me, it sounds like you need someone to talk to, to help you formulate your feelings and tell you what you sometimes find completely obvious yourself, yet need to be told anyway.

If where you live works in any way like here, such an effort won't be easy, but I think it will be worth it. Having someone who can help you explain and organise your feelings and even give you advice on how to better take care of yourself has a wonderfully positive effect, even if I can't quite explain how, and I think everyone should be given the chance to see one once in a while just to get an outlet for all they've bottled up inside and never have mentioned out of fear of it being to insignificant and something they should just be able to "take".

I hope your depressing and stressful feelings will go away, but if you ever feel like a professional could help, don't be afraid to seek one, a. And don't ever worry about any problems being too insignificant, I've talked about all manners of things with my kurator in the the last few weeks, and he has neither complained nor judged me. And if you feel like you just want to talk about anything, but don't feel comfortable with doing it openly, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm all ears.

Ahh, I wasn't aware of the concept of a baby shower (I just looked it up), so I didn't pick up on it then. Good to hear they're all safe and sound!

Sometimes I worry about that as well. Real life is worse. Most of what we say in a day is plain and a robot could say it too. A roleplaying forum is much better and free of worry. Nothing that runs on rules could make some of the silly stories we do.
    Well, don't overestimate a robot's ability to be inconsistently consistent. It's easy to make a robot wholly consistent, you only need to record a few statements and play them in return to being addressed, but that's easy to see through, because what it's being told is usually inconsistent. It's also manageable to make a robot believably inconsistent in its responses, but then it's hard to make it act consistently instead (see Cleverbot for example).

And I'm not going to bore you with neural networks and how the constraints of the human mind works, but I'll give you that nothing that runs on rule sets as simple as even the most complex ones we've managed up to today could make such stories, but I reserve myself for that the future may surprise us. Because if there's something that's easy to predict, it's that the future will surprise us.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    3. Don't heat your apartment during the Winter. That prevents them from being able to breed and proliferate during the Winter.
    I think this may be a very good method of diminishing the human population as well. It can get a bit cold in the winter...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not worried. Budgies have long had an alliance with the Wombat. Wombat's have the ground, budgies have the skies, wardrobes, and anything shiny.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    It will be the most adorable conspiracy in history.
    I absolutely must agree with this. Sadly I can have no budgie party in my closet then, seeing as how I do not really have a closet. Hal would love a budgie party...

Well, I would argue for walking, but when the weather conditions are that hostile, it wouldn't be especially considerate to force anyone...
    I would typically like to walk, but I don't handle heat well. Makes me very ill. Been that way for a long time now. Still, I take it better than when I was 9. Got sick at an amusement park in summer, dang did that suck. But for now, I wait until we have somewhat cooler whether.

Not really, not in and on itself, but there's a line between spending most of my days mostly alone, and spending most of them completely alone, and I know that for me, that line is also a tipping point for eating disorders. I'm not as much afraid of what the loneliness will do to my head as what it'll do to my body, and it'd be kinda (read very) unfortunate if I accidently managed to starve myself to death...
    Yes that would very much be unfortunate. No dead Teddys please! You will not be alone, this I promise.

Hmm, I'm not sure if there's any certain topic. I think I'm usually pulled into discussions where I feel I've got something important to add which no one has said already. Since I managed to adopt this policy, staying clear of discussions have been a lot easier, because usually, someone has already managed to say what you wanted to have said. Last time I seriously entered a discussion was a piracy debate which flared up in a thread about Game Dev Tycoon, and that was because I thought the debate was far too single-tracked. The main line of discussion had the thread locked no too long afterwards, so I only ever managed one post, but I didn't intend for more than two or three in that thread anyway...

All in all, I've become a lot better at agreeing on disagreeing in the last years...
    Hmm okay I see then. And yeah that is usually my personal policy on things. I still do not know why the issues that do get to me do that. So far a little glad one of my friends hasn't made an account yet. He would be the type if he say an online argument to make the situation worse just to see what would happen. Still he is my friend and usually very nice. It's just that if I had to give him some type of alignment it would be LN or TN at best.

Hehehe... Take your time, I'm not impacient.
    Okay this is good. Maybe next week, my mom might take me to get my hair cut this weekend if we have time, since I am going to be visiting.

I've got one style of drawing clouds I'm actually rather happy with, but it wouldn't have worked especially well yesterday, as those clouds were of another type...
    Ooh cool! I wish I had some cloud drawing skills. I can kinda sorta draw them, I'm not too confident with it yet.

*hugs*

I think opening up has that effect, making you see yourself clearly and realise what issues you've buried inside, and it isn't easy. Do you remember how we talked a little less than a month ago when I was seeking professional help for myself, about how you could need such help yourself some day as well, but how we agreed that it probably wasn't needed then since you weren't actually suffering? Well, I think the time for it has come now. To me, it sounds like you need someone to talk to, to help you formulate your feelings and tell you what you sometimes find completely obvious yourself, yet need to be told anyway.

If where you live works in any way like here, such an effort won't be easy, but I think it will be worth it. Having someone who can help you explain and organise your feelings and even give you advice on how to better take care of yourself has a wonderfully positive effect, even if I can't quite explain how, and I think everyone should be given the chance to see one once in a while just to get an outlet for all they've bottled up inside and never have mentioned out of fear of it being to insignificant and something they should just be able to "take".

I hope your depressing and stressful feelings will go away, but if you ever feel like a professional could help, don't be afraid to seek one, a. And don't ever worry about any problems being too insignificant, I've talked about all manners of things with my kurator in the the last few weeks, and he has neither complained nor judged me. And if you feel like you just want to talk about anything, but don't feel comfortable with doing it openly, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm all ears.
    I...don't know how to think about it. I mean, I don't feel like I need the professional, because I do not feel like a danger to my own well being or others'. The worst that this leads me to is occasional moments of doing nothing but sitting and thinking, and hasn't led to dangerous habits.

But I will admit that I am more than likely incapable of judging myself well enough to know that for sure. So maybe. I don't even know where to get started looking for assistance. For now I just feel more comfortable talking to friends. I think it is something I will think on when my head is a little clearer. I may need a nap later today, my head is foggy and I didn't sleep a lot last night. When it is easier to think then maybe, perhaps it will make more sense.

That all said...I guess expect a PM soon, okay? Thank you though. I am feeling kinda mostly better. All I have at the moment is difficulty thinking or concentrating due to sleepiness. It is taking so long to type all this out and I keep making mistakes, hehehe.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Took a surprising amount of time to pack up everything, and I'm not even taking my Bonnie Prince Charlie with me, just the regular sporran, some stockings, and a bow-tie, because it's not like I'm going to get another excuse to wear a bow-tie.

That reminds me, I still need garters. bleurgh. Preferably ones that aren't inviting further sexual harassment. Or whatever it is when people try to lift up your kilt to see your goolies. Darndest thing, really. I can only hope that the fact that men in kilts are one of the categories of people you'll find at every Con, along with George R.R. Martin look-alikes, will mean that people are less captivated by the mystique of looking under the kilt.

It's too bad I've put on a little bit of girth, or I'd have been able to get a decent shot of myself in a banana suit wearing a kilt. Ah well, you'll just be stuck imagining that now. The banana wizard will have to be revisited though, I think.

When all you have is a banana suit, every problem looks like the solution is fruit salad, I guess you could say.

Fortunately for everyone involved, I haven't been able to smuggle the banana suit into the car yet. Probably would've overwhelmed the frailer con-goers anyway.
    Have fun, comrade!

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Have you got any ETA on when the landlord will fix it?
    Apparently they need to wait for the floor to dry out a bit before they start tackling it, plus well I think the downstairs flat needs some mending first before us as they have seemed to receive more damage, I'm not sure, honestly, I haven't been here, I have no clue. Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I'm not worried. Budgies have long had an alliance with the Wombat. Wombat's have the ground, budgies have the skies, wardrobes, and anything shiny.
    If my hand didn't feel so crippled right now, I'd draw the image that your post has created in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

18. - Top - End - #318

I have vanilla tea and short cakes for everyone!

Short cake sounds delicious. ^-^ I'm not sure if I have ever tried peaches. The thought of them sounds good...maybe I have?
    I thought every kid got canned peaches in some school lunches. That doesn't mean that you ate them of course. But they should have been around. But it doesn't matter. A canned peach is a lot different from a fresh one. Canned ones are thick and strong and fresh ones are light and juicy.

Hot short cakes, fresh peaches cut up, and whipped cream. I think the best part is the bottom of the bowl when there's melted cream and fruit juice.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

I have vanilla tea and short cakes for everyone!
    Hooray!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

I would typically like to walk, but I don't handle heat well. Makes me very ill. Been that way for a long time now. Still, I take it better than when I was 9. Got sick at an amusement park in summer, dang did that suck. But for now, I wait until we have somewhat cooler whether.
    When I was little, I suffered from motion sickness, and that was not very fun when visiting amusement parks. Today, almost all of that is gone, thankfully.

Yes that would very much be unfortunate. No dead Teddys please! You will not be alone, this I promise.
    Yeah, I know it's a bit hard to eat and type at the same time, but yeah, I know I won't be alone for as long as I have all of you. You all mean a lot to me...

Hmm okay I see then. And yeah that is usually my personal policy on things. I still do not know why the issues that do get to me do that. So far a little glad one of my friends hasn't made an account yet. He would be the type if he say an online argument to make the situation worse just to see what would happen. Still he is my friend and usually very nice. It's just that if I had to give him some type of alignment it would be LN or TN at best.
    Heh, yeah. Some people just can't resist poking the anthill, no matter how nice and caring they are otherwise...

Okay this is good. Maybe next week, my mom might take me to get my hair cut this weekend if we have time, since I am going to be visiting.
    We can always hope... :3

Ooh cool! I wish I had some cloud drawing skills. I can kinda sorta draw them, I'm not too confident with it yet.
    Yeah, these are rather rudimentary, but they look good when drawn with ballpoint pen in a song book, which is where it all started (okay, it actually started on a paper tablecloth, but still)...

Apparently they need to wait for the floor to dry out a bit before they start tackling it, plus well I think the downstairs flat needs some mending first before us as they have seemed to receive more damage, I'm not sure, honestly, I haven't been here, I have no clue. Argh.
    Hmm, well, I really hope they'll fix it soon for you.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321

Yo, Drex! You heard the most recent Clutch record? What's that like?

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed! Heh I kinda feel like quoting this, it is so apt a description. Very well done Drex.

*muffles slight snickering* That's sort of what I was thinking.

I shall certainly try to. Though distracting myself is hard right now, I have to say that comment up there helped.
    Heh, if you want.

Heheheh

Good. I hate to see bad things happen to good people.

If we hear about you on the fifth of November, do we assume you've died in some kind of explosion-related mishap? ...

Heheheh

Have fun and such. Do tell us about it when you get back.

Phah. Silly being. You laugh now, but you will never know when it hits you.

You don't have to remind me about this all the time...
    I always laugh.

Sometimes you act as if you'd forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Yo, Drex! You heard the most recent Clutch record? What's that like?
    I have, although it was a while ago; I don't remember my impression of it, aside from liking it. I'll put it on in a few minutes after Countdown to Extinction finishes. (I've actually got the whole Clutch discography aside from that album, thanks to Rafiki. ). Mutant Sheep could probably give you an answer sooner, if he's online/paying attention to RB.

ION: Next, on Amidus' inability to properly manage time, we'll show him procrastinating when he ought to be reading.
    A few odds and ends.

23. - Top - End - #323

I have, although it was a while ago; I don't remember my impression of it, aside from liking it. I'll put it on in a few minutes after Countdown to Extinction finishes. (I've actually got the whole Clutch discography aside from that album, thanks to Rafiki. ). Mutant Sheep could probably give you an answer sooner, if he's online/paying attention to RB.
    Super. I don't know if I'll ever listen to it, of course, my backlog is 200 albums large. But I have been making eyes at it since it came out.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Next, on Amidus' inability to properly manage time, we'll show him procrastinating when he ought to be reading.
    This is my favourite show.
    Super. I don't know if I'll ever listen to it, of course, my backlog is 200 albums large. But I have been making eyes at it since it came out.
    AllIHaveIsCrunk! How are you?

25. - Top - End - #325

AllIHaveIsCrunk! How are you?

Sorry. I'm just thinking about the question.

Uh... "better"?

How are you?

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry. I'm just thinking about the question.

Uh... "better"?
    Ah, yes - your depression from your lack of protein. That is good!
    How are you?
    Very excited to see you! Did you get bored of the World Wide Web again?

27. - Top - End - #327

Ah, yes - your depression from your lack of protein. That is good!
    Yeah. Still don't know how that happened. Protein's in everything isn't it?

Very excited to see you! Did you get bored of the World Wide Web again?
    Nope. Just been occupying myself with learning how to hard boil eggs.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. Still don't know how that happened. Protein's in everything isn't it?
    Well, if you exclusively eat salad...
    Nope. Just been occupying myself with learning how to hard boil eggs.
    Oh, neat! How is your progress?

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

*nods*

Title track is pretty good, and mostly just sounds like Clutch. Crucial Velocity is alright, nothing special. Mr. Freedom almost has a Blast Tyrant-esque feel to it - it's a great song. DC Sound Attack is reasonably good; it's got a nice 12-bar blues vibe (even if it technically isn't that for a lot of the song). Unto the Breach is pretty good, but again, mostly just sounds like Clutch. Gone Cold is great, although it's a bit of a different style to most of the band's other stuff. The Face is pretty good; it's got a slightly different vibe than I'd normally attribute to Clutch, but it still definitely sounds like them. Book, Saddle, & Go is a good song. Cyborg Bette is an excellent song. Oh, Isabella is a good song, although it doesn't really stand out much. The Wolf Man Kindly Requests... is also a good song. Listening through the album, I can hear that the guitarist uses an effect similar to that of the Black Keys guitarist on several of the solos.

Overall, the album sounds like a good mix of their other good albums with added reverb. It's great (not Blast Tyrant, but that's an unfair comparison) and I'd definitely recommend it.

This is my favourite show.
    Unfortunately, I never seem to miss an episode...
    A few odds and ends.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately, I never seem to miss an episode...
    Well, that's because you're the host, comrade.