New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Booze Domain

Quote Originally Posted by bobthe6th View Post
    Ahh... now I can legitimately play a cleric of Ronson. now for a beer domain...

The Booze Domain

Granted Power:
    Any alchololic beverage touched by those of the booze domain can be considered holy-water so long as it remains in their possession, or a few minutes afterwards. This counts for all effects that use holy water. If it is an ingredient in a potion, the potion must be kept on your person or it goes inert.
    They also gain Craft: Booze, the ability to make any brew at 3/4 any listed cost and no experience loss.

Domain Spells:
    1st:
    Create Booze
    2nd: Increase Potency
    3rd: Lightweight
    4th: Booze Control
    5th: Water to Booze
    6th: Drunken Monkey
    7th: Inebriation
    8th: AND BOOZE SHALL RAIN FROM THE SKY
    9th: Moradin's Golden Tankard

Special: Any dwarf character may add any [Booze] Spell to their spell list no matter their spell casting class.

New Material Component: Hops.

Create Booze
    [Conjuration] [Booze]
    Level: Cleric 1, Booze 1
    Components: V,S,M
    Casting Time: Standard Action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Effect: Up to 2 gallons of Booze/level
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

Description:
    This spell generates wholesome, drinkable Booze, just like liquid divinity. Booze can be created in an area as small as will actually contain the liquid, or in an area three times as large—possibly creating a downpour or filling many small receptacles.
    Should this magical golden elixir be consumed, the consumer must make a DC 5 Fortitude save. Every time it is consumed within a 12 hour period adds +2 to this save DC.
    Every fail results in a stacking -2 towards any skill relying on Wisdom, Intelligence, and Dexterity. Creatures with the Drunken Lover feat gain this penalty as a bonus to their Charisma score. Those with the Drunken Monkey gain this penalty as a bonus to their Dexterity score.
    If a creature fails their fortitude save three times in a row, they are unconscious for 4d6 hours, minus a number of hours equal to their constitution modifier.
    Effects of Booze last twelve hours.

Note: Conjuration spells can’t create substances or objects within a creature. Booze weighs about 8 pounds per gallon. One cubic foot of booze contains roughly 8 gallons and weighs about 60 pounds.

Material Component: A single Hop.

Drunken Lover [General]:
    Prerequisites: Positive Charisma Modifier
    Benefit: When under the effects of Booze you gain any penalty as a bonus towards your Charisma score for social interactions taking place within a Bar due your increase in personality, humor, and new self confidence.
    Special: This does not provide any extra endurance towards the effects of booze and after three failed saves you still pass out.

Drunken Monkey [General]:
    Benefit: When under the effects of Booze, you gain any penalty as a bonus towards your dexterity score for dexterity based skills, Dex bonus to AC, and towards your attack rolls.
    Special: A Fighter may take Drunken Monkey as one of their Fighter bonus feats.
    This does not provide any extra endurance towards the effects of booze and after three failed saves you still pass out.

Beer Belly [General]:
    Prerequisites: Dwarf or 15 Constitution
    Benefit: You gain your Constitution modifier as bonus failures, the normal failed saves before pass-out is three, so a +2 Con would make that 5. A dwarf who takes this feat gains an extra +3 in addition to their Constitution modifier.
    Special: This does not do anything to reduce the penalties taken from failed saves, it just increases the amount of failed saves you can endure.
    A fighter may take Beer Belly as one of their fighter bonus feats.

Favored by the Booze [General]
    Benefit: You gain a pool of Booze-Points that takes the brunt of your failed booze saves. Until the Booze-Points are drained, you do not suffer negative effects from drinking unless it would cause you to pass out. These points equal your charisma modifier times your constitution modifier. A +5 in both would equal a pool of 25 points. These points are what get spent instead of taking penalties. A -2 wisdom would instead minus two from your booze-points.

Increase Potency
    [Transmutation] [Booze]
    Level: Cleric 2, Booze 2
    Range: Touch
    Target: 2 gallons/level worth of booze

Description:
    You increase the potency of your, or someone nearby's beverage. From now on, the the drink starts at a DC of 10, and increases by +4 rather then 5 and +2.
    Material component: A handful Hops

Lightweight
    [Enchantment] [Booze]
    Level: Cleric 3, Booze 3
    Components: V,S
    Target: One living creature.
    Duration: 1 hour/level
    Saving Throw: Will Negates

Description:
    You utter a few taunts and crude gestures, one creature nearby suffers a -6 penalty to Fortitude saves for the duration of the effect.

Control booze
    [Transmutation] [Booze]
    Level: Cleric 4, Booze 4
    Target: Booze!
    Duration: Instantaneous, or see text
    Saving Throw: See Text

Description:
    You control booze.
    Uses:
    Force-feed: You can force someone to drink the liquid, The target must succeed on a strength check against your DC or for one round be forced to drink. This check repeats every round you concentrate, and the subject may suffocate but cannot hold their breath.

Pot Belly Turner: You control the booze already inside someone, on a failed fortitude save you can cause them to violently expel all contents of their stomach (from either end) taking 1d4 nonlethal damage and highly embarrassing themselves, or cause the booze to cause a ruckus inside them, bursting out of their stomach taking 1d8 constitution damage and must save vs massive damage or die.
    On a successful save, they are simply Sickened for 4d4 rounds.

Control Booze as Control Water.

Water to Booze
    [Transmutation] [Booze] [Water]
    Level: Cleric 5, Booze 5
    Components: M
    Area: Water in a volume of 10 ft./level by 10 ft./level by 2 ft./level
    Saving Throw: None, or Fortitude

Description:
    You turn a volume of water as shown in the above information into golden booze.
    Against a water elemental, this turns them into a Booze Elemental under your control for 4d6 Hours on a failed Fortitude save.

Booze Elemental:
    Sample Booze Elemental

Small Booze Elemental (Booze, Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), swim 90 ft.
    Armor Class: 17 (+1 size, +6 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-1
    Attack: Slam +4 melee (1d6+3)
    Full Attack: Slam +4 melee (1d6+3)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Booze mastery, drench, spell-like ability, vortex (1d4)
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., elemental traits
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11
    Skills: Listen +4, Spot +5
    Feats: Power Attack
    Environment: Elemental Plane of Booze
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Usually neutral
    Advancement: 3 HD (Small)
    Level Adjustment:

A Small booze elemental is about 4 feet tall and weighs 34 lbs.

Booze Mastery (Ex): A Booze elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls its opponent has had any to drink within the past 12 hours. Otherwise, this functions as the Water Mastery but with Booze rather than Water.

A booze elemental can be a serious threat to a ship that crosses its path. An elemental can easily overturn small craft (5 feet of length per Hit Die of the elemental) and stop larger vessels (10 feet long per HD). Even large ships (20 feet long per HD) can be slowed to half speed.

Drench (Ex): The booze elemental’s touch puts out torches, campfires, exposed lanterns, and other open flames of nonmagical origin if these are of Large size or smaller. The creature can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals elemental’s HD).

Spell-like Ability (Sp): At will—inebriation. CL 2.

Vortex (Su): The booze elemental can transform itself into a whirlpool once every 10 minutes, provided it is immersed in booze, and can remain in that form for up to 1 round for every 2 HD it has. In vortex form, the elemental can move through the booze or along the bottom at its swim speed. The vortex is 5 feet wide at the base, up to 10 feet wide at the top, and 20 feet tall. The elemental controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet.

The elemental’s movement while in vortex form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the elemental enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the vortex if it touches or enters the vortex, or if the elemental moves into or through the creature’s space.

Creatures one or more size categories smaller than the elemental might take damage 1d4 points of damage when caught in the vortex and may be swept up by it. An affected creature must succeed on a DC 13 Reflex save when it comes into contact with the vortex or take the indicated damage. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful currents, automatically taking damage each round. An affected creature is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the vortex. The creature still takes damage, but can leave if the save is successful. The DC for saves against the vortex’s effects varies with the elemental’s size. The save DC is Strength-based.

Creatures trapped in the vortex cannot move except to go where the elemental carries them or to escape the whirlwind. Creatures caught in the whirlwind can otherwise act normally, but must make a Concentration check (DC 10 + spell level) to cast a spell. Creatures caught in the whirlwind take a -4 penalty to Dexterity and a -2 penalty on attack rolls. The elemental can have only as many creatures trapped inside the vortex at one time as will fit inside the vortex’s volume.
    The elemental can eject any carried creatures whenever it wishes, depositing them wherever the vortex happens to be. A summoned elemental always ejects trapped creatures before returning to its home plane.

If the vortex’s base touches the bottom, it creates a swirling cloud of debris. This cloud is centered on the elemental and has a diameter equal to half the vortex’s height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment.
    Those caught in the cloud must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell.

A booze elemental in vortex form cannot make slam attacks and does not threaten the area around it.

Drunken Monkey
    [Abjuration] [Booze]
    Level: Cleric 6, Booze 6
    Components: S
    Casting Time: Movement Equivalent
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: 1 round/level

Description:
    You gain combat bonuses depending on the amount of booze around you.
    Approximate bonuses are as follows:
    4 gallons: +1 attack and damage rolls, and as a Dodge bonus to AC.
    12 gallons: +2
    24 gallons: +4
    48 gallons: +8
    96 gallons: +16

Inebriation
    [Evocation] [Booze]
    Level: Cleric 7, Booze 7
    Target: One living creature
    Duration: See Text
    Saving Throw: Fortitude Partial

Description:
    With a word and a gesture, You bring about the might of Booze to smite your foes!
    Golden light envelops the target, seeming to disappear into them. On a failed fortitude save the target is rendered helpless for 4d8 hours as the world spins before their eyes and they fall to the ground in a helpless daze and become highly prone to shatting themselves.
    On a successful save, they become Dazed for 1d6 rounds or until they take HP damage.

AND BOOZE SHALL RAIN FROM THE SKY
    [Evocation] [Booze]
    Level: Cleric 8, Booze 8
    Components: V
    Range: 5 miles
    Area: 5-mile-radius circle, centered on you.
    Duration: 2d4 hours/level

Description:
    You cause the sky to cloud over with dark, somewhat golden clouds. The clouds snap into being at the end of the casting and immediately start the downpour of booze.
    The area is under the effects of Torrential rain, which may cause flooding, and anyone exposed to the rain has a 5% chance of falling to the effects of inebriation, and a 20% chance to be effected as if they failed a fortitude save against booze. These chances repeat every minute exposed to the rain. The caster is immune to the effects, and does not even get wet unless they wish it.

Moradin's Golden Tankard
    Conjuration [Booze][Calling]
    Level: Cleric 9, Booze 9
    Components: V,S, DF
    Range: Long range (400 feet + 40 feet per level)
    Area: Special (50-foot diameter cylinder 75 feet high)
    Saving Throw: Reflex partial

Description: You call the great beer gods to send you aid. They favor you, and send Moradin's own golden tankard to smite your foes.

Moradin’s golden tankard has a diameter of 50 feet and is 75 feet tall. When the tankard is called into being, it falls 20 feet per caster level, those who get caught under the tankard are crushed to death.

When it hits, the impact makes its golden nectar splash about, its divine glory too potent for mortals, and inflicts inebriation on anyone it touches within another 50 feet of the 50-foot tankard.

Last, but not least, the mighty tankard's crash causes an earthquake as the spell that radiates an additional 80 feet beyond the tankard (it goes from where the tankard lands, through the 50-foot splash zone, and 30 feet beyond).

Two Reflex saves are required from the spells (not including the earthquake. The first save is for those underneath in the 50-diameter of the tankard when it lands to avoid being crushed to death by the tankard's immense weight. Creatures immune to death effects are still crushed to death if they fail their save. Any creature with a speed of 5 feet or less automatically fails its save (unless within 5 feet from the edge of the tankard when it falls). If the save is successful, the creature is immediately moved into the splash zone. The second Reflex save is made to avoid being splashed. A target that makes its save is Dazed for one round. If the target fails its save, it becomes inebriated as the spell.

The tankard returns to Moradin's blessed table after 2d6 rounds but leaves behind 150-foot pool of nectar one foot deep. The pool's contents may be used as a source of booze for spell effects such as drunken monkey.

Special: This spell can be used indoors only if it has enough clearance for the tankard. If not, the spells fails.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2013-01-03 at 11:59 AM.

My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Booze Domain

man... now I have to make a cleric of ronson....

also, the level 9 is awesome.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

YES!! So much yes! I love this! I love the feats, I love the spells, and I love the whole concept!
    There can be no resurrection of 3.5. But the SRD is the phylactery of 3.5 and it's kind of eternal for that.

Recently dubbed a “grognard” because I refuse to convert to Pathfinder 2e. I’m getting too old for these edition changes and so I proudly bear my new title.

Smaug Avatar courtesy of Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #4

Typo in 9th level spell. It says, "If they fail the reflex save to avoid splashing, they are only Dazed for 1 round.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    Typo in 9th level spell. It says, "If they fail the reflex save to avoid splashing, they are only Dazed for 1 round.
    So... were is the typo

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #6

:? Shouldn't it be, "If they pass the save?"
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    :? Shouldn't it be, "If they pass the save?"
    Ah I see.

This is what happens when I don't sleep for three days, I make beer based spells and lose the ability to notice when I mess up

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Ah I see.

This is what happens when I don't sleep for three days, I make beer based spells and lose the ability to notice when I mess up
    No worries. I'm a major grammar nazi of some measure. XD
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Just found and reviewing these, once I stop laughing.

Honestly, I think Inebiration is a little too powerful. I mean, helpless for that long, an ant could kill you. [An ant in this case being a level 1 commoner].
    Also, I see the spells that create booze being used to light fires. Big fires at level 8. (As in, piss of god with that huge fire size. Also, what happens if you strike a cloud of booze with lightning? That I want to know).

Also, I see lightweight being used as a set up for fortitude based instant death spells used on fighters and the like. [I originally thought it was no save, but still]
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Could you have bless booze, like bless water but for alcohol? I could swear Bruenor Battlehammer did something similar to that in a R. A. Salvatore book.

Also: Real life flammability! Basically, you have to heat most things before a spark would ignite them.
    Last edited by Frathe; 2012-12-30 at 02:56 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    Honestly, I think Inebiration is a little too powerful. I mean, helpless for that long, an ant could kill you. [An ant in this case being a level 1 commoner].
    It's a seventh level spell. There are plenty of instant death spells by then/around then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frathe View Post
    Could you have bless booze, like bless water but for alcohol? I could swear Bruenor Battlehammer did something similar to that in a R. A. Salvatore book.
    Noticed they didn't have a granted power. They do now.

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Hey Cipher, I was playing around with this earlier and decided to create your booze elemental:

Sample Booze Elemental

Small Booze Elemental (Booze, Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), swim 90 ft.
    Armor Class: 17 (+1 size, +6 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-1
    Attack: Slam +4 melee (1d6+3)
    Full Attack: Slam +4 melee (1d6+3)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Booze mastery, drench, spell-like ability, vortex (1d4)
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., elemental traits
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11
    Skills: Listen +4, Spot +5
    Feats: Power Attack
    Environment: Elemental Plane of Booze
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Usually neutral
    Advancement: 3 HD (Small)
    Level Adjustment:

A Small booze elemental is about 4 feet tall and weighs 34 lbs.

Booze Mastery (Ex): A Booze elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls its opponent has had any to drink within the past 12 hours. Otherwise, this functions as the Water Mastery but with Booze rather than Water.

A booze elemental can be a serious threat to a ship that crosses its path. An elemental can easily overturn small craft (5 feet of length per Hit Die of the elemental) and stop larger vessels (10 feet long per HD). Even large ships (20 feet long per HD) can be slowed to half speed.

Drench (Ex): The booze elemental’s touch puts out torches, campfires, exposed lanterns, and other open flames of nonmagical origin if these are of Large size or smaller. The creature can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals elemental’s HD).

Spell-like Ability (Sp): At will—inebriation. CL 2.

Vortex (Su): The booze elemental can transform itself into a whirlpool once every 10 minutes, provided it is immersed in booze, and can remain in that form for up to 1 round for every 2 HD it has. In vortex form, the elemental can move through the booze or along the bottom at its swim speed. The vortex is 5 feet wide at the base, up to 10 feet wide at the top, and 20 feet tall. The elemental controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet.

The elemental’s movement while in vortex form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the elemental enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the vortex if it touches or enters the vortex, or if the elemental moves into or through the creature’s space.

Creatures one or more size categories smaller than the elemental might take damage 1d4 points of damage when caught in the vortex and may be swept up by it. An affected creature must succeed on a DC 13 Reflex save when it comes into contact with the vortex or take the indicated damage. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful currents, automatically taking damage each round. An affected creature is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the vortex. The creature still takes damage, but can leave if the save is successful. The DC for saves against the vortex’s effects varies with the elemental’s size. The save DC is Strength-based.

Creatures trapped in the vortex cannot move except to go where the elemental carries them or to escape the whirlwind. Creatures caught in the whirlwind can otherwise act normally, but must make a Concentration check (DC 10 + spell level) to cast a spell. Creatures caught in the whirlwind take a -4 penalty to Dexterity and a -2 penalty on attack rolls. The elemental can have only as many creatures trapped inside the vortex at one time as will fit inside the vortex’s volume.
    The elemental can eject any carried creatures whenever it wishes, depositing them wherever the vortex happens to be. A summoned elemental always ejects trapped creatures before returning to its home plane.

If the vortex’s base touches the bottom, it creates a swirling cloud of debris. This cloud is centered on the elemental and has a diameter equal to half the vortex’s height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment.
    Those caught in the cloud must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell.

A booze elemental in vortex form cannot make slam attacks and does not threaten the area around it.

Got a question -- how big is Moridan's Golden Tankard? 50 feet in diameter and 75 feet tall? That's some tankard!

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-12-30 at 12:21 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

Granted Power:
    Any alchololic beveraged touched by those of the booze domain can be considered holy-water so long as it remains in their possession, or a few minutes afterwards. This counts for all effects that use holy water. If it is an ingredient in a potion, the potion must be kept on your person or it goes inert.
    They also gain Craft: Booze, the ability to make any brew at 3/4 any listed cost and no experience loss.
    Minor typo--it should say "alcoholic beverage" instead of "alchololic beveraged." Also, how many minutes were you thinking the holiness would linger? Maybe the time it remained could increase with caster level.

14. - Top - End - #14

Blessed be Armok!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Will be Updating The Capone, finishing the Drunken Larvitar Disipline, and doing his minions.

Expect to see Alementals and a Booze Dragon. Also, new Meterial type, Boozeite.

All (kinda) inspired by this Domain.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Favored by the Booze [General]
    Benefit: You gain a pool of Booze-Points that takes the brunt of your failed booze saves. Until the Booze-Points are drained, you do not suffer negative effects from drinking unless it would cause you to pass out.
    how do you determine the size of said pool of points?

pls explain this feat clearer don't worry I am chalking this up to you being tired as heck

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Hey Cipher, I was playing around with this earlier and decided to create your booze elemental:
    In World of Warcraft, that is actually a thing. They're called Alementals.
    Homebrew: TemporalistQuotebox • Avatar by Kris on a Stick
    Blue is for sarcasm • Call me Attila

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Create Booze
    [Conjuration] [Booze]
    Level: Cleric 1, Booze 1
    Effect: Up to 2 gallons of Booze/level

Description:
    This spell generates wholesome, drinkable Booze, just like liquid divinity. Booze can be created in an area as small as will actually contain the liquid, or in an area three times as large—possibly creating a downpour or filling many small receptacles.
    Should this magical golden elixir be consumed, the consumer must make a DC 5 Fortitude save. Every time it is consumed within a 12 hour period adds +2 to this save DC.
    Every fail results in a stacking -2 towards any skill relying on Wisdom, Intelligence, and Dexterity. Creatures with the Drunken Lover feat gain this penalty as a bonus to their Charisma score. Those with the Drunken Monkey gain this penalty as a bonus to their Dexterity score.
    If a creature fails their fortitude save three times in a row, they are unconscious for 4d6 hours, minus a number of hours equal to their constitution modifier.
    Effects of Booze last twelve hours.

Note: Conjuration spells can’t create substances or objects within a creature. Booze weighs about 8 pounds per gallon. One cubic foot of booze contains roughly 8 gallons and weighs about 60 pounds.

This spell with the Drunken Lover and Drunken Monkey feat gives a total of 62 to the imbiber's Charisma and/or Dexterity score with a single failure of a save.

Reason: Appraise, Balance, Craft (I am only counting this as one skill for the sake of sanity, if you wish to include the separate Craft skills, add +2 for every other Craft skill penalized (technically this means that you can have a semi-arbitrarily high number of Craft skills to have a penalty applied to, thus increasing the bonus to Charisma and Dexterity by double that)), Decipher Script, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Forgery, Heal, Hide, Knowledge (ten knowledges not including psionics), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Profession (see Craft), Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Tumble, Use Rope.

Yes, 62 is about the least you can pump Dexterity and Charisma thanks to this single spell.

Also the rest of your homebrew is kind of badly made.
    Last edited by MagnusExultatio; 2012-12-30 at 11:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground

@^ Don't be an as*. But good catch

Also, what happens if you strike a cloud of booze with lightning? That I want to know.
    Repeating the question, it might not be entirely relevant, but I am interested. [In reference to 'And Booze shall rain from the sky].

Also: Real life flammability! Basically, you have to heat most things before a spark would ignite them.
    Lightning would heat and act as a spark at the same time, so that doesn't help.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AttilaTheGeek View Post
    In World of Warcraft, that is actually a thing. They're called Alementals.
    Nifty and serendipity as I never played World of Warcraft.

Actually if you have Alementals (top fermenters), you should also have Lagermentals (bottom fermenters). Strictly speaking, those are the two types of beer, as everything else is a brewing style. In any case, you could have each type of booze have its own Special Ability in addition to the generic Booze Elemental.

Now picture Moradin in a Hawaiian shirt and his golden tankard as a giant coconut and you have the deity of piña coladas. Do not be fooled into thinking you can eat the pineapple slice or maraschino cherry garnishes without consequence! Muhaha!

I think that anyone who spends more than hour with a booze elemental would gain the Sickened condition after 8 hours of rest. Creatures that don't sleep aren't necessarily immune to this effect. Creatures that cannot be sickened would still be immune (though they probably aren't affected by inebriation in the first place).

MagnusExultatio, I think we're all aware at how appallingly unbalanced Cipher's stuff can be. I am both a big fan and worst critic of Cipher's material. Horrifyingly bad mechanics can still be fixed. I'd rather see more creative stuff with bad mechanics than great mechanics with boring material. I can't fix boring despite some of my more Herculean attempts to do so.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Any reason to forbid non-clerics from casting the Booze Domain spells? Wizards can cast fly, and it's in the Travel domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

No good reason except that clerics are all a bunch boozehounds and don't want to share with anyone else. They want to control the market.

On a more serious note, a lot of these spells could easily be ported to other classes. Blame cipher's sleep deprivation on that :-)

I think some of the spells need a little A LOT of work.

A 50-ft x 75-ft. tankard full of beer landing on you should do a heck of a lot more damage than 1d12 for every 10 feet it falls.

Here are the rules on falling objects
    "For each 200 pounds of an object’s weight, the object deals 1d6 points of damage, provided it falls at least 10 feet. Distance also comes into play, adding an additional 1d6 points of damage for every 10-foot increment it falls beyond the first (to a maximum of 20d6 points of damage)."

So by my approximation the tankard holds 26,000 gallons x 8 lbs = 208,000 lbs. (Let's be generous and round it to 200,000 lbs for the beer and the tankard). So a tankard of beer weighing 200,000 lbs and falling 10 feet does 1,000d6 points of damage to anyone it lands on. On average that 3,500 points of damage in one fell swoop. Quick cast that wish spell on that tarrasque now and get rid of it for good.

Debby

23. - Top - End - #23

Thank you :3 Added and linked.

Got a question -- how big is Moridan's Golden Tankard? 50 feet in diameter and 75 feet tall? That's some tankard!

Debby
    Yep, followed by another 50ft area around that with the splash, then the earthquake effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Frathe View Post
    Minor typo--it should say "alcoholic beverage" instead of "alchololic beveraged." Also, how many minutes were you thinking the holiness would linger? Maybe the time it remained could increase with caster level.
    Fix'd. Just around a manner of minutes. At the time I was just thinking whenever the DM feels like it as a mechanic to avoid abuse, such as taking well water, turning into ale or something, touching it (Or normal booze) to make it holy then selling it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsage Matt View Post
    Booze Dragon.
    A dragon that regurgitates booze as a breath weapon?

No more gross than spitting acid *nod*.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWolfPrime View Post
    how do you determine the size of said pool of points?

pls explain this feat clearer don't worry I am chalking this up to you being tired as heck

Oo, fix'd.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusExultatio View Post
    This spell with the Drunken Lover and Drunken Monkey feat gives a total of 62 to the imbiber's Charisma and/or Dexterity score with a single failure of a save.
    How, exactly, do you figure a -2 penalty translates into a +62 bonus when that -2 penalty is translated into a bonus? Because I see only +2.

Also the rest of your homebrew is kind of badly made.
    Noted, and filed away in the complaint box that appears to be gathering spiderwebs. I really should open that thing sometime.

Repeating the question, it might not be entirely relevant, but I am interested. [In reference to 'And Booze shall rain from the sky].
    I've no idea. Such things aren't really given mechanics and are in the realm of pure roleplaying and/or DM cleverboots-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    Any reason to forbid non-clerics from casting the Booze Domain spells? Wizards can cast fly, and it's in the Travel domain.
    More like the travel domain lets the cleric cast the wizard spell...
    No reason really. I'll go about correcting that statement if I can find where I said it. I certainly never intended to limit it only to the domain, as I use these domains as excuses to create sets of spells in general.

A 50-ft x 75-ft. tankard full of beer landing on you should do a heck of a lot more damage than 1d12 for every 10 feet it falls.
    It's made of Styrofoam?
    I'd definitely agree though.... Now onto read the rest >,..,>

Here are the rules on falling objects
    "For each 200 pounds of an object’s weight, the object deals 1d6 points of damage, provided it falls at least 10 feet. Distance also comes into play, adding an additional 1d6 points of damage for every 10-foot increment it falls beyond the first (to a maximum of 20d6 points of damage)."

So by my approximation the tankard holds 26,000 gallons x 8 lbs = 208,000 lbs. (Let's be generous and round it to 200,000 lbs for the beer and the tankard). So a tankard of beer weighing 200,000 lbs and falling 10 feet does 1,000d6 points of damage to anyone it lands on. On average that 3,500 points of damage in one fell swoop. Quick cast that wish spell on that tarrasque now and get rid of it for good.

Debby
    But that'd obviously be overpowered as I'm sure you're aware, sillyboots-overpowered and not even the fun-overpowered.

Chalk it up to the tankard's great might being incapable of retaining it's presence on this lesser plane and is thus only partially real.

Hm... I feel like editing that spell. Edited.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2013-01-02 at 08:43 AM.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

You didn't explicitly state that nonclerics couldn't cast the spells, you just didn't add noncleric classes to the [b]Level[b] line.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    You didn't explicitly state that nonclerics couldn't cast the spells, you just didn't add noncleric classes to the [b]Level[b] line.
    Then it should merely be up for a DM's decision, as I can't possibly know all the classes out there that should cast what spell.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Inebriation is too powerful. Daze for 1d6 rounds even on a successful save, even in the best case, is Stun-Lock: The Spell. Daze is really hard to find an immunity to. Even if the other guy passes their saves, rolling anything but a 1 on the daze duration is a death sentence.

The Drunken Monkey spell looks exploitable, too. Walk around with a barrel of booze in your Bag of Holding. Or take the Summon Elemental reserve feat, and before combat, use Water to Booze on the water elemental. Boom, +16 untyped to hit/damage/AC.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Inebriation is too powerful. Daze for 1d6 rounds even on a successful save, even in the best case, is Stun-Lock: The Spell. Daze is really hard to find an immunity to. Even if the other guy passes their saves, rolling anything but a 1 on the daze duration is a death sentence.
    Compared to the variety of save-or-die spells around that level I don't really see how dazing them for a while or rendering them simply helpless is OP.
    However, the 1d6 even on a save may be a bit much. I edited in a slight addition to the end of that.

The Drunken Monkey spell looks exploitable, too. Walk around with a barrel of booze in your Bag of Holding. Or take the Summon Elemental reserve feat, and before combat, use Water to Booze on the water elemental. Boom, +16 untyped to hit/damage/AC.
    Perhaps *Shrug*. But what isn't exploitable in some way? Granted that sounds a little extra exploitable, but they did go through a lot to exploit it it seems. Though I didn't check your thought process to see if that would really work or not.
    *looks* Really I'd say the elemental would only give the +4 bonus.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Here is a slightly edited version of Moradin's Golden Tankard. It's already complicated with all the saves so if the tankard doesn't have clearance, the spell just fails rather than trying to figure out the damage.

I think instead of a material component, it should be Divine Focus.

Moradin's Golden Tankard

Description: You call the great beer gods to send you aid. They favor you, and send Moradin's own golden tankard to smite your foes.

Moradin’s golden tankard has a diameter of 50 feet and is 75 feet tall. When the tankard is called into being, it falls 20 feet per caster level, and deals 1d12 points of damage per 10 feet fallen, to a maximum of 20d12 points of damage.

When it hits, its golden nectar splashes about, its divine glory too potent for mortals, and inflicts inebriation on anyone it touches within another 50 feet of the 50-foot tankard.

Last, but not least, the mighty tankard's crash causes an earthquake as the spell that radiates an additional 80 feet beyond the tankard (it goes from where the tankard lands, through the 50-foot splash zone, and 30 feet beyond).

Two Reflex saves are required from the spell itself (not including the earthquake). The first is for those within the 50-foot diameter of the tankard to avoid being crushed by it. The second Reflex save is made to avoid being splashed. If the targets pass the Reflex save to avoid being splashed, they are only Dazed for 1 round by the intoxicating scent.

When the spell is cast, the caster can choose to have the tankard disappear back to Moradin's blessed table, leaving behind the a 150-foot pool of nectar one foot deep, or choose to have the tankard remain in place pinning those who failed their save under it and causing them to take an extra 5d6 points of crushing damage every round they remain pinned until they can escape (a successful DC 30 Strength check is needed to dig out from under the tankard and takes in1d4+1 rounds) or until the tankard disappears. After 1d12 rounds, Moradin notices his drink isn't where he put it and calls it back.

This spell can be used indoors only if it has enough clearance for the tankard. If not, the spells fails.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-01-02 at 05:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

No pink elephants?
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

30. - Top - End - #30

Here is a slightly edited version of Moradin's Golden Tankard. It's already complicated with all the saves so if the tankard doesn't have clearance, the spell just fails rather than trying to figure out the damage.

I think instead of a material component, it should be Divine Focus.

Debby

Hm... Using this opportunity you gave with the nicer wording and all to completely re-write it while I'm not tired as I was when I first made this (though I am shaky from having to answer the door to who was apparently a debt collector who is after my parents):

Moradin's Golden Tankard

Moradin’s golden tankard has a diameter of 50 feet and is 75 feet tall. When the tankard is called into being, it falls 20 feet per caster level, those who get caught under the tankard are crushed to death.

When it hits, the impact makes its golden nectar splash about, its divine glory too potent for mortals, and inflicts inebriation on anyone it touches within another 50 feet of the 50-foot tankard.

Two Reflex saves are required from the spell itself (not including the earthquake). The first is for those within the 50-foot diameter of the tankard to avoid being crushed by it, dying instantly as their body is crushed to a pulp. This is not a death effect. Creatures that would not be able to move out of the area of effect get no save (Such as creatures with only 5ft speed unless on the edge of the effect.). If they succeed on the save, they are moved outside the tankard's area of effect taking of the move actions it would take for them to move out of the way that turn.
    The second Reflex save is made to avoid being splashed. If the targets pass the Reflex save to avoid being splashed, they are only Dazed for 1 round by the intoxicating scent.

When the spell is cast, the caster can choose to have the tankard disappear back to Moradin's blessed table, leaving behind the a 150-foot pool of nectar one foot deep, or choose to have the tankard remain in place, used as a source of booze for spell effects such as the drunken monkey spell, the large tankard of booze more then meeting the +16 option.

Special: This spell can be used indoors only if it has enough clearance for the tankard. If not, the spells fails.

My Homebrew