New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

Murloc Shaman is so freaking fun right now. Turn 5 kills all over the place, at the rank I am playing no one is playing board wipes and the deck is resilient to spot removal so I just roll over opponents. I really hope they don't nerf the core murlocs again over this, my favorite tribal is back!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    "Fun" is always reason enough.

Anyways, the first complaints are coming in, saying Warrior is OP, mainly because it's the only class that got to keep his OP infinite value hero card.
    Hagatha laughs silently in the distance. Seriously, Control Shaman is gonna be a thing.

Zul'jin can't quite go infinite, but replaying 4 5/5 Rush Wyverns and putting two more Unleash The Beasts in your hand is pretty good (and especially if you can replay Nine Lives too).

No one else has Hero Cards, but Rogue can go effectively infinite with all the shuffles they get.

But yeah Ladder is a bit of a madhouse right now.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

"Fun" is always reason enough.
    Right, that's what I said. Playing Handlock, fun, same thing.

Anyways, the first complaints are coming in, saying Warrior is OP, mainly because it's the only class that got to keep his OP infinite value hero card.
    Also Shaman, they just didn't get anything that attracted people as much as the bomb package did in Warrior. Still not sure why people like that so much, outside of Blastmaster Boom meaning that you can play classic Doctor Boom again, but whatever, works for me.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Opened 30 packs. Nozari on the 10th pack, Boom Reaver on the 24th. Mildly annoyed as both of those look really week but I haven't really processed the cards or bothered with deck building. Amusingly, I pulled 3 rapid fires total ... all from the same pack. So far, biggest duplicates are Walking Fountain and Heroic Innkeeper at 5 each.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i had a 8 game win streak with Tom Bombadil deck in ladder

6 win in first brawl with it
    at 4 wins with it on 2nd brawl atm

all losses in brawl have been to murloc shaman due to not getting warpath
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post

I was wondering what Tom Bombadil meant... I get it!

Also, I feel like Bomb Warrior is going to infuriate people if it's too good. I was at 17 hp, 11 cards in deck, with 3 bombs in the deck, so I'm safe; he has no board.

After roping his turn, Warrior decides RNG is his only way out, equips a Wrench and goes Face. I'm at 14 now with 4 bombs in my deck. If I had lost that game, I'd be really ridiculously salty.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Opened 100 packs from gold:

Leggos: Kalecgos, Tak Nozzwhisker, Chef Nomi, Fel Lord Bertrug, The Boom Reaver, Vereesa Windrunner, Jepetto Joybuzz, Arch-Villain Rafaam

Epics: Azerite Elemental x2, Jumbo Imp x2, Magic Carpet x3, Wrenchcalibur, Arcane Fletcher, Crystalsong Portal, Batterhead x3, Darkest Hour, Witch's Brew, Crystal Stag x2, Nine Lives.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    I was wondering what Tom Bombadil meant... I get it!

Also, I feel like Bomb Warrior is going to infuriate people if it's too good. I was at 17 hp, 11 cards in deck, with 3 bombs in the deck, so I'm safe; he has no board.

After roping his turn, Warrior decides RNG is his only way out, equips a Wrench and goes Face. I'm at 14 now with 4 bombs in my deck. If I had lost that game, I'd be really ridiculously salty.
    I had a game earlier "oh, I think I win as long as I don't draw 3 bombs in a row"

Guess who lost

I actually won a couple games vs it as Shaman by using Hagatha to fill my hand to 10 and then burning the Bombs (they don't explode if they burn). I can see Elysiana or Rafaam being used to replace them as well.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post

How was Murloc matchup on ladder? I won the three times I came up against bombadil but it was very narrow each time. I think they could have won if they had focused more on exchanging creatures, each time they faced and left me a board for bloodthirst.

Small Mage was my only loss of the 10 matches I laddered today, and it beat me quite handily.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

10. - Top - End - #100
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    There's no point to the Recurring Villain part. When Da Undertakah copies his deathrattle, he'll respawn without deathrattles, since his battlecry doesn't go off when spawned that way.

Immortal Prelates of course can be infinite late game value, but the one I ran into last night at least wasn't terribly impressive. Loss of Spikeridge Steed hurts them a lot.
    Immortal prelate makes undertakah shuffle himself back with all enchants. So first time he dies, he summons a copy of himself and summons one copy of himself. Second time shuffles and summons 2. And so on. It escalates the threat pretty quickly.

I'm not sold on it being good but hoping it ends up at least passable and fun.

To share a highlight of the other side, last night I was playing bomb warrior against a plot twist warlock. 6 bombs in deck, 20 cards total, he plays plot twist with 8 cards in hand. Draws 2 healing taunt minions and 3 2/2 rush demons, 0 bombs. Plays it again for 7 cards this time, gets one heal and one 2/2 rush, still 0 bombs. He started on 4 health ended at 16. I was so triggered.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2019-04-10 at 02:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Also, no free 3 login packs either, which is a first since Whispers of the Old Gods IIRC, another mildly disappointing thing.
    You've probably noticed by now, but it's more like 4-6 free login packs rather than three. Event quests are giving Rise of Shadows plus Witchwood yesterday and Boomsday today. There will probably be another toimorrow with one Rise, one Rastakhan's.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I play Bomb warrior... In wild so I can also play Brann and the legendary that puts a 10-damage mine in the enemy deck. I also have cards to bounce bomb setters back in my hand, and cards to force draws on both side.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

So, Huge Quest officially sucks.

Instead, I made Big Paladin.

Spoiler: Huge Paladin
    Show

### SPICEEEE
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (2) Lightforged Blessing
    # 2x (2) Rebuke
    # 2x (3) Time Out!
    # 2x (4) Consecration
    # 2x (4) Equality
    # 2x (5) Blessed Champion
    # 2x (5) Duel!
    # 2x (5) Shrink Ray
    # 2x (5) Witchwood Grizzly
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 1x (7) A New Challenger...
    # 1x (7) Linecracker
    # 1x (8) Batterhead
    # 2x (8) Mosh'Ogg Enforcer
    # 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
    # 2x (9) Bull Dozer
    # 1x (9) Burly Shovelfist
    # 1x (10) Big Bad Archmage
    # 1x (25) Shirvallah, the Tiger
    #
    AAECAZ8FCPoGoIADvYYD44YD8IkDxJkDoJ4Dg6ADC9wD9AXyC5 3sAvLxAoT8AouAA8+GA9iJA4qaA4acAwA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It is a surprisingly good counter to Silence Priest.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2019-04-10 at 04:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Got off to a bad start with my Control Warrior (-2 Eternium Rover, +2nd Dragonmaw Scorcher and Omega Assembly) in the Brawl. Lost to a Zoolock who got a great start while I failed to draw any AoE, and my Weapons Project proved not effective enough when he dropped his 1/3 taunt. Then lost to a Thief/Espionage Rogue who got two major big pieces of luck: stealing her own Mad Genius Boom, and burning my Blastmaster Boom when she bounced things back to fill my hand with Vanish. Probably would've won that had either of those not happened, but put them together with the massive value of Tak + Espionage, and eventually a Tess that came down after she'd turned into Boom, and things did not go my way.

Still, I've managed to win the next three games after that. One was looking close against a Control Mage who ran Elysiana though: he got her to give him Jan'ali and Hex Lord Malacrass, and it turns out his Elysiana was in his opening hand, so Malacrass gave him another of those, too. If he'd drawn the second Malacrass before he dropped the second Elysiana (which I'd hope he was smart enough to do), he surely had another waiting in the wings to boot. But I eventually managed to pressure him enough with dragons and mechs that he conceded, after barely surviving the two Ragnaroses and fretting about that Elysiana/Malacrass chain.

Speaking of, Vargoth is continuing to be kind of awkward in my deck, so I'm considering replacing him with the Elysiana I pulled. Greedy, but I've actually seen enough Elysianas that it feels like the meta is moving that way, at least for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    You've probably noticed by now, but it's more like 4-6 free login packs rather than three. Event quests are giving Rise of Shadows plus Witchwood yesterday and Boomsday today. There will probably be another toimorrow with one Rise, one Rastakhan's.
    Indeed, though I thought they were doing special quests at expansion releases the past couple of years anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I play Bomb warrior... In wild so I can also play Brann and the legendary that puts a 10-damage mine in the enemy deck. I also have cards to bounce bomb setters back in my hand, and cards to force draws on both side.
    That is exactly the type of "Bomb Warrior" that I really hope never ends up in standard. It's fine as a passive damage bonus/pseudo-win condition for Control Warrior and enabler for Blastmaster Boom, but making it a combo deck like that would be just... ugh. Leave that to Wild only, thanks.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Got off to a bad start with my Control Warrior (-2 Eternium Rover, +2nd Dragonmaw Scorcher and Omega Assembly) in the Brawl. Lost to a Zoolock who got a great start while I failed to draw any AoE, and my Weapons Project proved not effective enough when he dropped his 1/3 taunt. Then lost to a Thief/Espionage Rogue who got two major big pieces of luck: stealing her own Mad Genius Boom, and burning my Blastmaster Boom when she bounced things back to fill my hand with Vanish. Probably would've won that had either of those not happened, but put them together with the massive value of Tak + Espionage, and eventually a Tess that came down after she'd turned into Boom, and things did not go my way.

Still, I've managed to win the next three games after that. One was looking close against a Control Mage who ran Elysiana though: he got her to give him Jan'ali and Hex Lord Malacrass, and it turns out his Elysiana was in his opening hand, so Malacrass gave him another of those, too. If he'd drawn the second Malacrass before he dropped the second Elysiana (which I'd hope he was smart enough to do), he surely had another waiting in the wings to boot. But I eventually managed to pressure him enough with dragons and mechs that he conceded, after barely surviving the two Ragnaroses and fretting about that Elysiana/Malacrass chain.

Speaking of, Vargoth is continuing to be kind of awkward in my deck, so I'm considering replacing him with the Elysiana I pulled. Greedy, but I've actually seen enough Elysianas that it feels like the meta is moving that way, at least for the moment.
    I haven't been so lucky. the most I've won is two games in the brawliseum with my murloc deck. I've got the new expansion blues where no deck I make works, the meta is all mixed up and priests keep beating my paladin and shaman aggro decks because thats all I can build, because the new obsidian statue just screws me over every time, or the heals with Zilliax, or everyone suddenly becomes control and eliminates all my murlocs. ugh.

I just don't know what to do.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I haven't been so lucky. the most I've won is two games in the brawliseum with my murloc deck. I've got the new expansion blues where no deck I make works, the meta is all mixed up and priests keep beating my paladin and shaman aggro decks because thats all I can build, because the new obsidian statue just screws me over every time, or the heals with Zilliax, or everyone suddenly becomes control and eliminates all my murlocs. ugh.

I just don't know what to do.
    Murloc Shaman seems strong. One just ended my Brawl run, and that despite me drawing a Brawl and a Warpath. Once again it was one running two Tastyfins - starting to think those enabling the deck to not run out of steam while it tries to set up Bloodlust boards is important to them. Because what basically did me in was Electra + Bloodlust with 4 1-attack minions on the board (left me with 1 health, in a position I couldn't recover from).

So that ended that at 4-3, sadly. Just 60 gold, some dust, and a pack. But the pack contained my second legendary pull of the set: Catrina Muerte. Not bad, can't complain about that.

Think I'll go start trying Control Shaman in ladder now.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Murloc Shaman seems strong. One just ended my Brawl run, and that despite me drawing a Brawl and a Warpath. Once again it was one running two Tastyfins - starting to think those enabling the deck to not run out of steam while it tries to set up Bloodlust boards is important to them. Because what basically did me in was Electra + Bloodlust with 4 1-attack minions on the board (left me with 1 health, in a position I couldn't recover from).

So that ended that at 4-3, sadly. Just 60 gold, some dust, and a pack. But the pack contained my second legendary pull of the set: Catrina Muerte. Not bad, can't complain about that.

Think I'll go start trying Control Shaman in ladder now.
    ....I have an electra and I think enough dust to get a tastyfin...that could work....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

So, my first attempt at Control Shaman didn't go so hot. Quickly altered it to drop an Earthen Might, Spirit of the Frogs, and the Proud Defenders (note: those in a class that makes minions with its hero power = not so good) for Doomsayers, Feral Spirits, and a second Sunreaver Warmage. That felt better, but not nearly enough, I still lost to basically everything. The Sunreaver Warmages in particular, while good when they went off, felt like they didn't have enough activators with just two each of Hagatha's Scheme and Rain of Toads.

Eventually, after a loss to a Thief Rogue that convinced me that weapon destruction is now a must (because otherwise their Spectral Cutlass will go all Kingsbane on you and be unbeatable), I overhauled it substantially to switch to using the Dragon package. Have only played that once so far, but it felt much better, and did actually win.

Spoiler: Dragon Control Shaman
    Show
    ### Control Shaman
    # Class: Shaman
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
    # 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
    # 2x (2) Firetree Witchdoctor
    # 1x (2) Likkim
    # 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
    # 2x (3) Feral Spirit
    # 2x (3) Lightning Storm
    # 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
    # 2x (4) Hex
    # 2x (4) Twilight Drake
    # 2x (5) Dragonmaw Scorcher
    # 2x (5) Hagatha's Scheme
    # 1x (5) Harrison Jones
    # 2x (6) Rain of Toads
    # 2x (7) Crowd Roaster
    # 1x (7) Swampqueen Hagatha
    # 1x (8) Hagatha the Witch
    # 1x (8) Walking Fountain
    # 1x (9) Shudderwock
    #
    AAECAaoICIoHkAen7gLv9wL2igOKlAO5mQPWmQML7gH1BP4FjQ iKgAPoiQPsiQPzigOtkQPolAPGmQMA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Some thoughts:
    - Swamp Queen Hagatha has actually been disappointing me. There's just so many bad Shaman spells that it's felt frequent that she gets me a pretty weak Horror. Actual combinations I've had included Earthen Might + Voltaic Burst and Beakered Lightning + Far Sight. I've only once pulled Hex, never seen Lightning Storm or Stormbringer, only once pulled even Feral Spirits and haven't seen Rain of Toads, but will repeatedly get options like Totemic Might, Ancestral Healing, Earth Shock, or Frost Shock. It's disheartening.
    - Walking Fountain is pretty strong, although I did drop to one of it after adding the Crowd Roasters with the Dragon package. Was just concerned that I had too many 7+ cards, and the Fountains are the lowest-priority of them despite being good I think.
    - Sludge Slurper has felt a tad questionable. There's not enough aggro around to feel like the 1-drop is needed, and some of the lackeys just don't have much impact.
    - I like Vargoth much better in this deck than the Warrior deck. He's great with Feral Spirits, Rain of Toads, and Lightning Storm. Sadly doesn't play nice with Hagatha's Scheme though, the recast he does of that is at minimum strength.
    - Likkim has felt surprisingly not so good, hence me dropping to one of it. And it's not even trouble getting the overload for it, it's just that Shaman does not like using their health to kill things, they don't have enough healing to sustain it over a long game.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Firbolg in the Playground

Went into the Brawliseum with Silence Priest and went 5 wins. Went 4-0 easily then ran into decks where I just ran out of steam. The deck really misses that extra purify draw, and shadow visions. I expected to run into more Bomb Warrior which the deck is -really- good against.

Then instead of messing with the Paladin deck as I planned I went into Arena. I had two Arena tickets, one from letting a run expire, and a second from the 10 buck bundle (9 packs + arena ticket for 10 bucks is a great deal. Honestly if I could just buy arena tickets at a similar rate to the cost of preorder packs (1 dollar per run) I'd probably do it).

First deck was nothing special. I picked Warrior and the draft pushed me towards control (picked up 3 bog creepers, 2 warpaths, 2 executes, 2 slams, and a midrangey sort of curve), went around 4 wins just because the early game wasn't strong enough to carry, and I didn't always draw my warpaths when I needed them.

Second deck was far worse in terms of card quality. I think the Hearth Arena score was like a full 10 points lower, but I was playing Priest. And I was offered two legendaries. First pick was between Fuegen, Lady in White, and Kazakus. I already had duplicates so I grabbed Fuegen as a 5 mana 4/7, no big deal.

A few cards later I get offered Stalag next to Lady in White and some other card again. I don't even remember what the other card was because I picked Stalag so quickly. In the end, the deck went 5-3, so better than the higher quality Warrior... but more importantly I had two games where I got to summon both Stalag and Fuegen.

One game was my very first game, against another Priest. I play Stalag, he Holy Waters it and plays it himself. A turn later he plays a Fuegen he got from my deck using Thought Steal. I top deck my own Fuegen a turn later. He then mind controls my Fuegen, so he has both of them after Stalag has died, so both ready to pop off... but then I top deck a Lifedrinker from lethal that turn.

The next game was around game 6 or so, it was the second game I lost. I managed to actually summon Thadius against a Warlock who honestly felt like he was playing a constructed Zoo deck. Like full board flooding from 0 to 5-7 minions 3 times in the course of 4 turns. I just couldn't keep up, but did get to summon Thadius the turn before he killed me.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Bomb Warrior is giving me serious flashbacks to how utterly un-fun Dead Man's Hand Warrior was to play against. Except Bomb Warrior has both sustain AND aggression, so you can't just super-hyper-aggro it out of existence, nor can you outvalue or outlast it in the long game. And I never played 6 consecutive games on ladder against DMH Warrior.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2019-04-11 at 12:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Spamalot in the Playground

Earth Shock on a horror isn't awful. It's not great but I could see the use there.

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    I always think to myself "no, I shouldn't dust Wild cards in case I ever want to play Wild"

And then I play Wild and think "hahaha no".
    I hang onto some cards for single player purposes, e.g. having an OTK deck per class to deal with things like Arthas.

With that said, there's definitely some I won't mind tossing in the wood chipper like Kingsbane.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

I am so very tempted to just craft Heistbaron Togwaggle and play the currently #1 legend tempo rogue list, it looks so fun.

AAEBAaIHBLIC7QKKB5KXAw20Ae4GiAfdCIYJx/gC1YwDtJEDj5cDkJcD+5oD/poDiZsDAA==

Handlock also appears to be playable (with the new ancient, sunreaver warmage among others)
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I've gotten bopped a few times now by Malygos Hunter and it looks cool, but I know when I play it Jepetto will be sitting at the bottom of my deck and Maly will be my first draw every single game

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I've gotten bopped a few times now by Malygos Hunter and it looks cool, but I know when I play it Jepetto will be sitting at the bottom of my deck and Maly will be my first draw every single game
    It looks very neat in that the deck is capable of winning without its Maly combo, since that requires specifically getting Jepetto and then managing to draw Maly. Krip has a game up on Youtube where he removes a Murloc Shamans entire deck before just winning on board.

Unfortunately the deck is extremely expensive to build, requiring 3 niche legendaries (Halazzi, Jepetto, and Vereesa) on top of two more legendaries (Zul'jin and Maly), which makes the deck quite the investment. I don't think I'm prepared to craft 3 legendaries for one deck this early in the expansion, so I'm taking a wait and see approach.

At least the other decks this expansion all seem pretty cheap to build. Relatively, at least.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

I was having some trouble with Murloc Shaman at first on ladder, but after taking a look at Disguised Toast's deck, I added in Likkim and Zap and Lightning Bolt and it's pretty dang good now. I don't have Sludge Slurper, was hoping to unpack it rather than needing to resort to crafting it, but for now I have Hench-clan Hogsteed instead.

Going 4-0 in the Tavern Brawl with it so far, though don't be like this Warrior and leave an Underbelly Angler and Tidecaller up together.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Having a good bit of success with that Dragon variant of Control Shaman I posted last night - I've gone 6-0 with it so far, straight from the bottom of rank 5 into rank 4. It feels much stronger than my previous attempts, especially since I no longer feel like it absolutely needs to draw Hagatha the Witch in most matchups.

Also, I've been very happy with the decision to put in Harrison and one Ooze. Weapon destruction has been so good: destroying Spectral Cutlasses, Waggle Picks, Likkims, and Wrenchcaliburs is absolutely great and can make a big difference in those matches. Especially Waggle Picks, forcing those to bounce something the opponent didn't want bounced can be huge. I might even consider putting Harrison into my Warrior deck, even though I've already got two Weapons Projects that act as a form of weapon removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Bomb Warrior is giving me serious flashbacks to how utterly un-fun Dead Man's Hand Warrior was to play against. Except Bomb Warrior has both sustain AND aggression, so you can't just super-hyper-aggro it out of existence, nor can you outvalue or outlast it in the long game. And I never played 6 consecutive games on ladder against DMH Warrior.
    Speaking as someone who's been on the receiving end, it's very possibly to aggro down Control Warrior. I've had several Murloc Shamans and a Zoolock do it to me already. Almost had a Silence Priest do it once, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Earth Shock on a horror isn't awful. It's not great but I could see the use there.
    Unless you're up against someone who's playing Twilight Drakes or big buff spells, it's fairly weak. You really want the Horror's targeted spell to have more impact than that to really justify running a 7 mana 5/5 to get it.

Yeah, Jepetto is sort of a neutral Luna's Pocket Galaxy that way. Sure, he could do crazy combos if you can hit the right things with him, but he's expensive and the things you want to hit are mostly big legendaries, so it's not really possible to build your entire strategy around him and expect it to work out consistently, just because there will be a fair percentage of games where you draw the combo minion before you get to play Jepetto. So glad that's the case, personally.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Having a good bit of success with that Dragon variant of Control Shaman I posted last night - I've gone 6-0 with it so far, straight from the bottom of rank 5 into rank 4. It feels much stronger than my previous attempts, especially since I no longer feel like it absolutely needs to draw Hagatha the Witch in most matchups.
    The neutral Dragon and Mech packages feel really good right now, solid job on making Tribes feel worthwhile by Blizzard. I haven't tried Dragons in control Shaman, I'll take a look, thanks!

Also, I've been very happy with the decision to put in Harrison and one Ooze. Weapon destruction has been so good: destroying Spectral Cutlasses, Waggle Picks, Likkims, and Wrenchcaliburs is absolutely great and can make a big difference in those matches.
    Very this. There's enough weapon-focused or weapon-adjacent decks out there that having the removal feels paramount.

Unless you're up against someone who's playing Twilight Drakes or big buff spells, it's fairly weak. You really want the Horror's targeted spell to have more impact than that to really justify running a 7 mana 5/5 to get it.
    Eh... "5 mana 5/5 Battlecry: Silence a minion and do X" actually feels pretty worth it to me. Like yeah, it's great when you get a huge swingy Horror, but value is value. There are lots of ongoing effects you might want to shut down (deathrattles, auras, buffed minions, etc) as well.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

I came back from MTG to see what the Year of the Dragon has in store.

Is it just me or does the game feel balanced all of a sudden? Dare I say even interactive?

I havent had a 40 Turn Control Mirror, no inevitable combo waltzing my way. It is a combo of fun control decks, decent midrange and some aggro games.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Eh... "5 mana 5/5 Battlecry: Silence a minion and do X" actually feels pretty worth it to me. Like yeah, it's great when you get a huge swingy Horror, but value is value. There are lots of ongoing effects you might want to shut down (deathrattles, auras, buffed minions, etc) as well.
    Overpaying 2.5 mana for that effect is a steep price, though. You're basically giving the other player a tempo edge to regain one later, when you could have just played a better 7-drop.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    I came back from MTG to see what the Year of the Dragon has in store.

Is it just me or does the game feel balanced all of a sudden? Dare I say even interactive?

I havent had a 40 Turn Control Mirror, no inevitable combo waltzing my way. It is a combo of fun control decks, decent midrange and some aggro games.
    I've made two dumb meme decks on a whim and haven't felt like I'm being utterly demolished by the opposition, which is a vast improvement over previous expansions.

BTW Spell Damage Hunter has potential for anyone who hasn't tried it. I dunno if ANYONE has, since I fervently avoid netedecking until about a month into the expansion, if even then. I don't even have Vereesa, but the deck feels interesting and very satisfying to play. There are a lot of "big brain plays" you can do that feel nice, like Rapid Firing your own Spellzerker for surprise lethal, and Yogg'Jin is super fun to play when you feel like you're behind and want to shout "CLOWN FIESTA TIME!" at your opponent.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2019-04-12 at 03:52 PM.