New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

The Arena (& Other Mega-Monsters)!
    Arena Subtype
    Spoiler
    Show
    Created via a mysterious arcane process, the creatures made in the Monster Arena are truly frightening abominations. If they were ever set loose upon Spira, they would undoubtedly have a combined destructive power rivaling Sin itself. Fortunately for the denizens of Spira, the mad trainer/shopkeeper of the Monster Arena is not only able to create these monstrosities, but is also (somehow) able to contain them. Arena creatures are always epic monsters, able to destroy entire armies with frightening ease.

Arena Traits
    • An Arena creature can be of any type or sub-type
    • Mindless: no Intelligence score (+0 modifier), & immune to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, & morale effects); in addition, mindless creatures are of the True Neutral alignment only, has only racial bonus skill ranks, & has only racial bonus feats
    • Arena creatures have Damage Reduction/-- equal to ½ of their HD
    • Arena creatures have Spell Resistance equal to their HD
    • Arena creatures often have some kind of energy resistance/immunity
    • Arena creatures are immune to all forms of ability damage, ability drain, disease, energy drain, non-lethal damage, poison, polymorphing, & sleep effects
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-01-05 at 09:36 PM. Reason: added more immunities

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

So you're making 257 monsters now??? You're mad! Mad as a hatter, I'd say!

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    So you're making 257 monsters now??? You're mad! Mad as a hatter, I'd say!
    It would be more apt to say that I MADE 257 monsters. For a single project. Yeah, that's a little nutty. For further evidence of my unbalanced mind, please feel free to check out VUACS (Vote Up A Campaign Setting), coming soon to an asylum near you.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Wow, that is some dedication. Out of curiosity, are you going to do Penance? I never fought her in the game (I just know that she's some uber-powerful bonus boss) but I'm curious to see a comparison.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
    Wow, that is some dedication. Out of curiosity, are you going to do Penance? I never fought her in the game (I just know that she's some uber-powerful bonus boss) but I'm curious to see a comparison.
    Technically, Penance will comprise 3 monsters, is a similar manner to Sinspawn: Gui. And yes, "über-powerful" is an apt description. Each arm of Penance is a CR20 monster, & the main body will be a CR60 monster. Good luck with that.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

Abaddon
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Outsider (Arena, Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 52d8+364 (598HP)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 60’ (12 squares), Fly 120’ (24 squares, average maneuverability)
    Armor Class: 35 (-1 size, +0 Dex, +26 natural); touch 9; flat-footed 35
    Base Attack/Grapple: +52/+70
    Attack: N/A
    Full Attack: N/A
    Space/Reach: 10’/10’
    Special Attacks: Blizzaga, Demi, Emblem of the Cosmos, Firaga, Flare, Pharaoh’s Curse, Thundaga, Waterga
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 26/--, Haste, Outsider traits, Spell Resistance 52
    Saves: Fort +35, Ref +28, Will +30
    Abilities: Str 38 (+14), Dex 11 (+0), Con 24 (+7), Int -- (+0), Wis 31 (+10), Cha 22 (+6)
    Skills: N/A
    Feats: N/A
    Environment: any (Monster Arena)
    Organization: solitary
    Challenge Rating: 36
    Treasure: standard
    Normal/Rare Steal: Purifying Salt (×3)/Shining Gem
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Advancement: N/A
    Level Adjustment: N/A
    Magic Pool: 208d6+832 (1,560MP)

Blizzaga (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 52d8+104 points of cold damage to 1 opponent within 255’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC46) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 16MP to use

Demi (Sp): this ability reduces the current HP of all opponents within 255’ by 25%; Fortitude save (DC46) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 32MP to use

Emblem of the Cosmos (Su): this attack inflicts 52d8+52 points of non-specified damage to all opponents within 255’; Fortitude save (DC46) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Firaga (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 52d8+104 points of fire damage to 1 opponent within 255’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC46) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 16MP to use

Flare (Sp): this attack inflicts 52d10+156 points of non-specified damage to 1 opponent within 255’ (no saving throw); this is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 54MP to use

Pharaoh’s Curse (Su): upon being hit by a successful physical attack, the creature retaliates with a blast of magical energy (as an immediate action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity) that strikes the opponent who hit it, inflicting the following status effects:
    • inflicts Blind status for 1 hour on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC42) to resist; the save DC is Charisma-based
    • inflicts Cursed status on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC42) to resist; the save DC is Charisma-based
    • inflicts Mute status for 1 hour on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC42) to resist; the save DC is Charisma-based
    • inflicts Poison status on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC42) to resist; the save DC is Charisma-based
    Thundaga (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 52d8+104 points of electricity damage to 1 opponent within 270’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC46) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 16MP to use

Waterga (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 52d8+104 points of water (force) damage to 1 opponent within 255’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC46) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 16MP to use

Haste (Sp): the creature grants itself a +10 bonus to its initiative for the rest of the encounter; in addition, it can perform an extra attack action, move action, or swift action each round for the rest of the encounter; these effects are negated if it is successfully hit with a slow effect, a curse effect, a dispel effect, or die (even if they are revived during the same encounter); multiple haste effects do not stack; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity (although subsequent hasted actions provoke attacks of opportunity as normal); this ability costs 8MP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-12-19 at 06:51 PM. Reason: changed size from G to L

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Technically, Penance will comprise 3 monsters, is a similar manner to Sinspawn: Gui. And yes, "über-powerful" is an apt description. Each arm of Penance is a CR20 monster, & the main body will be a CR60 monster. Good luck with that.
    Wow, I'm at the same time glad and disappointed that I didn't try to beat it.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Yikes. I can't wait.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

Abyss Worm
    Spoiler
    Show

Colossal Vermin (Arena, Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 64d8+704 (922HP)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20’ (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 18 (-8 size, +16 natural); touch 2; flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +48/+84
    Attack: Headbutt +60 melee (4d6+20)
    Full Attack: Headbutt +60 melee (4d6+20) & Tail Slap +55 melee (3d6+20)
    Space/Reach: 30’/20’
    Special Attacks: Earthquake, Improved Grab, Regurgitate, Swallow Whole
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 32/--, Spell Resistance 64, Vermin traits
    Saves: Fort +45, Ref +21, Will +22
    Abilities: Str 50 (+20), Dex 11 (+0), Con 33 (+11), Int -- (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 9 (-1)
    Feats: Improved Bullrush B, Mighty Blow B, Power Attack B
    Challenge Rating: 35
    Normal/Rare Steal: Shadow Gem (×4)/Stamina Tablet
    Magic Pool: 64d6+256 (480MP)

Earthquake (Ex): the creature can leap into the air & crash to the ground, shaking the earth with it’s bulk; all creatures standing on the ground within 240’ must make a Fortitude save (DC62) or suffer a -5 Initiative penalty for the next round; the save DC is Strength-based; this is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, the creature must hit with a Bite attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can Swallow Whole

Regurgitate (Ex): the creature will spit out a swallowed creature after 1d4+1 rounds, dealing 3d6 falling damage; in addition, the spat creature must make a Fortitude save (DC62) or suffer a -20 Initiative penalty for the next round; the save DC is Strength-based; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Swallow Whole (Ex): the creature can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Large or smaller size by making a successful grapple check; once inside, the opponent takes 6d6+20 points of crushing damage plus 4d6 points of acid damage per round from the creature’s digestive juices; a swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 92 points of damage to the digestive tract (2AC); once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out; the creature’s gullet can hold 1 Huge, 2 Large, 4 Medium, 8 Small, or 16 Tiny or smaller creatures
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-12 at 08:32 AM. Reason: added image

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

Bomb King
    Spoiler
    Show

Huge Outsider (Arena, Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 56d8+504 (756HP)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: Fly 20’ (4 squares, clumsy maneuverability)
    Armor Class: 21 (-2 size, +4 Dex, +20 natural); touch 16; flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +56/+76
    Attack: Bash +58 melee (2d6+12 + 12d6 fire)
    Full Attack: 2 Bashes +58 melee (2d6+12 + 12d6 fire)
    Space/Reach: 15’/15’
    Special Attacks: Fira, Firaga, Fire, Ultima
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 28/--, Fire Absorption, Growth, Outsider traits, Spell Resistance 56
    Saves: Fort +39, Ref +34, Will +32
    Abilities: Str 34 (+12), Dex 19 (+4), Con 29 (+9), Int -- (+0), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 13 (+1)
    Feats: Hover B
    Challenge Rating: 37
    Normal/Rare Steal: Fire Gem/Shining Gem
    Magic Pool: 56d6+224 (420MP)

Fira (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 56d6+56 points of fire damage to 1 opponent within 260’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC40) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 8MP to use, & will only be used when the creature has increased its size once (18’ diameter, see Growth below)

Firaga (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 56d8+112 points of fire damage to 1 opponent within 260’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC40) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 8MP to use, & will only be used when the creature has increased its size twice (21’ diameter, see Growth below)

Fire (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 56d4 points of fire damage to 1 opponent within 260’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC40) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 4MP to use, & will only be used when the creature is its original size (15’ diameter, see Growth below)

Ultima (Sp): this attack inflicts 200d6 points of non-specified damage to all opponents within 260’; your opponents can each make a Fortitude save (DC40) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; any opponent reduced to 0 or fewer HP by this attack is entirely disintegrated, leaving behind only a trace of fine dust; a disintegrated creature’s equipment is unaffected; this attack can only target creatures, not objects; this is a full-round action that provokes attack of opportunity; this ability costs 90MP to use, & will only be used when the creature has increased its size to the maximum (24’ diameter, see Growth below)

Fire Absorption (Su): whenever the creature is dealt fire damage, it actually gains HP equal to the damage that it normally would have taken; the creature cannot gain HP in excess of its maximum HP

Growth (Su): after taking damage from a physical attack (counterattacks don’t count), the creature increases in size by 3’ in diameter (no stat changes, size increase lasts for 1 hour); the creature can increase in size 3 times
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-12 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added image

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ettin in the Playground

I find it interesting that no one has offered a guess as to how I've chosen the ranges for the monsters' ranged attacks & magical effects. I will give a free homebrew (3.X) gift to the person who first guesses the correct formula for the monsters' ranges. That means I will make the winner 1 monster, 1 class, 1 PrC, 1 race, 1 spell, 1 feat, 1 item, or 1 of my maps. This contest will continue until I reveal the formula in a future bonus offering.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Just currious, but what exactly do you mean by range? Is it something I have to look at the attacks for, or is it something else? I might be able to come up with a formula, but unless you just sorta chose what looked good, that 120 at the end is throwing me off.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    Just curious, but what exactly do you mean by range? Is it something I have to look at the attacks for, or is it something else? I might be able to come up with a formula, but unless you just sorta chose what looked good, that 120 at the end is throwing me off.
    I have a very specific & fairly rigid formula for determining the range for a monsters attacks. Essentially, any attack or effect that has a distance farther than its reach is affected by this formula. If you can guess it first, then you get the prize. Lemme know if you need more clarification.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure if your willing to give this hint, but would the formula be using antiderivitives or summations and can the cr's be changed to single integers for every 5? Also, is it safe to assume the formula remains constant as opposed to something like y=2x for x<4 and y=4x for x≥4?

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2008-11-12 at 10:06 PM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, ah, ah. No more hints. You gotta take a guess, or not.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Are there multiple guesses?

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

Are there multiple guesses?

Owrtho
    Sure; I'll give you 3 guesses.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Well then, I doubt it's right, but so far the closest I've come is, range=30+10(-0.0417(CR/5 rounded up)^4-0.958(CR/5 rounded up)^2+1.583(CR/5 rounded up)-1)+10(Monster size - medium)

Soooo... In the likely event that that is wrong, let me know.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry, but that's a little too complicated. I think that you're over thinking it. Please try again, if you wish.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, anothe unlikely one coming up.
    y=range
    x=cr in increments of 5 starting at 1
    s=size with medium being 0, small being -1, and large being 1
    p=previous range (starts at 30)
    y=-10*|x-4.5|+35 +10s+p

Also, as I don't know what standard line of sight is I'm ignoring the cr 26+

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2008-11-12 at 11:26 PM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry, not quite. One more try, Owrtho. Good luck.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Soo, by not quite does that mean closer than the last one?

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope! That would be another hint. Sorry.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

Just making sure, but there is actualy an equation right? and post #558 uses it right?

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ettin in the Playground

Just making sure, but there is actually an equation right? and post #558 uses it right?
    I wouldn't say that there is an equation per se, so much as a fairly-rigid method of rule application. And post #558 has the preliminary brainstorming/rough-draft of that method.

Now, what I just said was another hint, & the last one that you'll pry out of me. Make a guess, or not, but no more hints. I've clarified myself enough.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ettin in the Playground

Cactuar King
    Spoiler
    Show

Tiny Plant (Arena, Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 28d8+140 (266HP)
    Initiative: +13
    Speed: 60’ (12 squares)
    Armor Class: 37 (+2 size, +13 Dex, +12 natural); touch 25; flat-footed 24
    Base Attack/Grapple: +21/+21
    Attack: Slam +31 melee (2d6+8)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +31 melee (2d6+8)
    Space/Reach: 2½’/0’
    Special Attacks: 10,000 Needles, 99,999 Needles
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 14/--, Energy Immunity, Plant traits, Spell Resistance 28
    Saves: Fort +16, Ref +24, Will +11
    Abilities: Str 26 (+8), Dex 36 (+13), Con 21 (+5), Int -- (+0), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 17 (+3)
    Skills: Hide +12, Tumble +6
    Feats: Lightning Reflexes B
    Organization: 3 or party (1 with a group of 1-3 Fiends)
    Challenge Rating: 33
    Normal/Rare Steal: Chocobo Wing (×2)/Designer Wallet
    Magic Pool: 28d6+112 (210MP)

10,000 Needles (Su): the creature can emit 10,000 deadly needles, targeting 1 opponent within 190’; this is a +34 ranged attack that deals 1,000 points of piercing damage (no saving throw); this ability is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, & can be done up to once every 1d4+1 rounds

99,999 Needles (Su): the creature can emit 99,999 deadly needles, targeting 1 opponent within 190’; this is a +34 ranged attack that deals 9,999 points of piercing damage (no saving throw); this ability is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, & can be done once per day

Energy Immunity (Su): the creature is immune to all damage from cold, fire, lightning, & water (force) energy types; in addition, the creature is immune to all damage from positive & negative energy (which includes spell-like abilities, such as holy)
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-12-19 at 06:55 PM. Reason: changed size from M to T

27. - Top - End - #657
    Bugbear in the Playground

Haven't been 'round these forums in a while, but I decided to check in on this monstrosity of amazingness. Really nice job on everything, Zeta; your dedication to these megaprojects is impressive, as I've come to appreciate after running the Avatar project for so long. This is far more comprehensive than anything I would have the willpower to make.

One thing on the King Cactuar: are the needle attacks supposed to use Dex bonus alone? Because I doubt a +13 to attack is gonna hit anything at CR 33. I'm pretty sure you meant +34, with the base attack included.
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eighth_Seraph View Post
    Haven't been 'round these forums in a while, but I decided to check in on this monstrosity of amazingness. Really nice job on everything, Zeta; your dedication to these megaprojects is impressive, as I've come to appreciate after running the Avatar project for so long. This is far more comprehensive than anything I would have the willpower to make.
    Thank you very, very much. I appreciate the praise. Yeah, I pride myself on my obsessiveness dedication to a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Eighth_Seraph View Post
    One thing on the King Cactuar: are the needle attacks supposed to use Dex bonus alone? Because I doubt a +13 to attack is gonna hit anything at CR 33. I'm pretty sure you meant +34, with the base attack included.
    Fixed. Thanks for the catch.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ettin in the Playground

Catastrophe
    Spoiler
    Show

Colossal Outsider (Arena, Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 104d8+1,248 (1,716HP)
    Initiative: -1
    Speed: 30’ (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 49 (-8 size, -1 Dex, +48 natural); touch 1; flat-footed 49
    Base Attack/Grapple: +104/+138
    Attack: Hundred Thorns +114 melee (4d6+18)
    Full Attack: 2 Hundred Thorns +114 melee (4d6+18)
    Space/Reach: 30’/30’
    Special Attacks: Demi, Toxic Cloud, Toxic Spray
    Special Qualities: Adamantine Shell, Damage Reduction 52/--, Outsider traits, Spell Resistance 104
    Saves: Fort +66, Ref +53, Will +58
    Abilities: Str 47 (+18), Dex 8 (-1), Con 35 (+12), Int -- (+0), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 14 (+2)
    Challenge Rating: 43
    Treasure: 2× standard
    Normal/Rare Steal: Gambler’s Spirit/Level 2 Key Sphere
    Alignment: Neutral
    Magic Pool: 416d6+1,664 (3,120MP)

Demi (Sp): this ability reduces the current HP of all opponents within line of sight by 25%; Fortitude save (DC66) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 32MP to use, & can only be used if the creature’s Adamantine Shell (see below) has been broken

Toxic Cloud (Su): the creature emits a 160’ cloud of poisonous gas; this attack is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 128MP to use; this ability can be used once every other round, & can only be used if the creature is within its Adamantine Shell (see below); all creatures caught within the cloud are affected by the following status effects:
    • inflicts Confused status on 1 opponent; Will save (DC66) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    • inflicts Cursed status on 1 opponent; Will save (DC66) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    • inflicts Poison status on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC66) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based

Toxic Spray (Su): +95 special ranged attack (4d6 acid); line of sight range; Reflex save (DC61) for half damage & avoid the break effects; the save DC is Dexterity-based; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 64MP to use, & can only be used if the creature’s Adamantine Shell (see below) has been broken; opponents that fail their Reflex save are subject to the following effects:
    • Power Break: any Strength bonus to attacks is negated for 2d6+8 rounds
    • Magic Break: all damage dealt by that opponent’s spells is reduced by ½ for 2d6+8 rounds; the opponent’s healing magic is only ½ as effective, as well; multiple break effects do not stack
    • Armor Break: any armor bonus for natural or worn armor is negated for 2d6+8 rounds
    • Mental Break: any SR is negated for 2d6+8 rounds

Adamantine Shell (Ex): the creature is initially protected by a spherical shell of adamantine, adding +20 hardness to its Damage Reduction; this shell shatters once the creature’s HP drops below 50% (858HP, on average); this shell does not regenerate if the creature’s HP raises above 50% again (it will regenerate if the creature’s HP returns to 100%)
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-14 at 09:15 AM. Reason: added image

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

Catoblepas
    Spoiler
    Show

Colossal Magical Beast (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 60d10+660 (990HP)
    Initiative: -1
    Speed: 50’ (10 squares)
    Armor Class: 33 (-8 size, -1 Dex, +32 natural); touch 1; flat-footed 33
    Base Attack/Grapple: +60/+96
    Attack: Bite +72 melee (4d6+20) or Slam +72 melee (4d6+20)
    Full Attack: Bite +72 melee (4d6+20) & 2 Slams +67 melee (4d6+20)
    Space/Reach: 30’/30’
    Special Attacks: Flare, Improved Grab, Pop Fly, Ultima
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 30/--, Magical Beast traits, Spell Resistance 60
    Saves: Fort +43, Ref +31, Will +22
    Abilities: Str 50 (+20), Dex 9 (-1), Con 33 (+11), Int -- (+0), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 14 (+2)
    Challenge Rating: 38
    Normal/Rare Steal: Healing Spring (×3)/Stamina Tonic
    Magic Pool: 120d6+480 (900MP)

Flare (Sp): this attack inflicts 60d10+180 points of non-specified damage to 1 opponent within 290’ (no saving throw); this is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 54MP to use

Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, the creature must hit with a Bite attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can Pop Fly

Pop Fly (Ex): the creature can throw a grabbed opponent of Gargantuan or smaller size into the air by making a successful grapple check; once thrown, the opponent takes 10d6 points of falling damage, plus an additional 10d6 points of damage for each size category smaller than Gargantuan the opponent is (for example, a Medium-sized creature would be 3 categories smaller than Gargantuan, & therefore would take 40d6 falling damage); this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Ultima (Sp): this attack inflicts 200d6 points of non-specified damage to all opponents within 290’; your opponents can each make a Fortitude save (DC42) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; any opponent reduced to 0 or fewer HP by this attack is entirely disintegrated, leaving behind only a trace of fine dust; a disintegrated creature’s equipment is unaffected; this attack can only target creatures, not objects; this is a full-round action that provokes attack of opportunity; this ability costs 90MP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-01-01 at 04:26 PM. Reason: fixed Pop Fly