New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wolf Coin: A Dresden Files Mafia Game

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    For something a bit more serious: Can you tell us if the fake coins had mechanical meaning or were just fluff?
    I missed this earlier (you know that feeling when you don't get around to answering a question until the guy asking you is dead? ). Yes, the coins have some sort of meaning.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Question for tomorrow:
    Do you still feel like there is a wolf on this group, now that you know flat wasn't one of them? If yes, who? If no, can you describe what made you change your mind?
    Well the two I was leaning towards being town were AV and Meta. So with flat and AV now dead, I think I'm still town leaning Meta. Might go back and reread the argument though, with the newer information.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: Rogan Quote
    Show

gac: I don't understand your post. It would be nice if you could explain, maybe tomorrow, maybe shortly before EoN (if you fear getting killed). Also include the part about your early day suspicions.

Which post?

Okay. So I'll need to go back and find the posts that were giving me a weird vibe and I still want to compare the posts to previous games to see if it's all in my head/bad memory. But I was suspicious of Jeen. Something about his early posts specifically felt wolfy to me but also would have looked very OMG US if I had said it then. I had a lesser suspicion of Cape but that was more tied to the idea that If Jeen=wolf then cape=suspicious.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I was blocked last night. If anybody was wondering.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Anyway, on brief skim through gac's ISO there is no mention of bladescape in a good number of posts. Also I have questions:

- who were your early game suspects, and do you still suspect them?

- you mentioned getting some good votes in, but you voted for (iirc) Book Wombat and Caoimhin, neither of whom have flipped. Explain?
    Some more Snow questions for you to look at, Gac.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    Turns out having time to churn out analysis does not equal having motivation to churn out analysis.

Anyway, on brief skim through gac's ISO there is no mention of bladescape in a good number of posts. Also I have questions:

- who were your early game suspects, and do you still suspect them?

- you mentioned getting some good votes in, but you voted for (iirc) Book Wombat and Caoimhin, neither of whom have flipped. Explain?

- - - Updated - - -

I think I feel fine about gac for now, despite my earlier paranoia. Town!gac does tend to have a lot of weird logic. Just... shouldn't dismiss the possibility of wolf!gac worlds.
    Ah thank you.

I've already told my suspects. Jeen/Cape. More Jeen than Cape. I targetted Jeen but was blocked somehow. My suspicion of them has not gone away yet but is not heavily proof based.

Book I voted for the same reason I wasn't going to vote AV day one. With no evidence to go off of for an opening vote I fully planned to vote Book. AV was off limits as an active player who participated hard and usually dies early. Book is the opposite. Not super contributory but frequently survives really long. So a day one vote on them was good.

Cape was because I didn't think I could get Jeen lynched to test my suspicions.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

So, I will readily admit I was not prepared for the pace of play. I'm also markedly less jazzed about how well the game is going with two townies dead overnight and.... basically nothing to show for it, it seems.

Finally, I thought I would have something resembling useful information to share. Instead, I have only the absence of useful information, that I feel is probably supposed to be information in itself... that I don't particularly understand.

With no one to trust, and little to add, I struggle to see a valuable next step. Compound that with the obvious of "we lose if we don't figure out the wolves- quickly," I... am not optimistic.

I'd love for someone to explain what I'm missing, and will probably offer the limited info I've got soon, but I'd like to have better reads on... well, anyone.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post

Sorry to hear that, hope you'll feel better soon. I don't have any replacements lined up, but I'll see if I can find any. If no replacement shows up in a reasonable amount of time, would you prefer to get autolynched or to remain as a possibly inactive player for the time being?

Speaking of replacements, there's still no word from Togo and I've decided that if that's still the case by end of Night 2, Togo will be either replaced (if I can find a replacement) or autolynched.
    I think it'd be better if the thread decided. I'd say autolynch though since if I stay people might end up needing to waste actions/a lynch to find out my alignment, and I've been offline enough that I didn't even see the Night Phase.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

It seems odd for a game this small (not that we're really small), but maybe there's a neutral day-vig, a town vig, and a wolf kill each Day/Night cycle.
    Alternatively, I could see a 1-shot day-vig.

I'll have time to read more and respond better Monday afternoon, but...

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Also I was blocked last night. If anybody was wondering.
    Ah thank you.

I've already told my suspects. Jeen/Cape. More Jeen than Cape. I targetted Jeen but was blocked somehow. My suspicion of them has not gone away yet but is not heavily proof based.

Book I voted for the same reason I wasn't going to vote AV day one. With no evidence to go off of for an opening vote I fully planned to vote Book. AV was off limits as an active player who participated hard and usually dies early. Book is the opposite. Not super contributory but frequently survives really long. So a day one vote on them was good.

Cape was because I didn't think I could get Jeen lynched to test my suspicions.
    @gac3: do you mind sharing the exact text you got from the Narrator?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    So, I will readily admit I was not prepared for the pace of play. I'm also markedly less jazzed about how well the game is going with two townies dead overnight and.... basically nothing to show for it, it seems.

Finally, I thought I would have something resembling useful information to share. Instead, I have only the absence of useful information, that I feel is probably supposed to be information in itself... that I don't particularly understand.

With no one to trust, and little to add, I struggle to see a valuable next step. Compound that with the obvious of "we lose if we don't figure out the wolves- quickly," I... am not optimistic.

I'd love for someone to explain what I'm missing, and will probably offer the limited info I've got soon, but I'd like to have better reads on... well, anyone.
    Some games go like that, but I've seen games start with a heavy wolf lead and end in the wolves' loss. And sometimes the non-info early on can be the clue to victory near the end.
    I'd encourage you to keep on, but I understand if the game feels more like a chore than fun and don't want to obligate you to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of options here. Serial killer, JOAT, single use kill powers tailored for a specific Dresden-lore character. Possibly one of the Denarians had a kill power outside of the night kill, or it could have been a stray town shot. Too many options and too early to tell, especially since I expect no one is going to come out and claim on D2 unless they're forced.
    Good point. Probably not as many repeatable kill powers as I was originally thinking.

Did Snowblaze claim the bladescape kill and/or any alignment?
    Even if she's neutral, she did kill a wolf D1, so I'm feeling keeping her around.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    @gac3: do you mind sharing the exact text you got from the Narrator?
    You receive no information from your action.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

*squints suspiciously*

Not at you gac. At... everything.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I'm finally able to post again, and four are dead, only one a wolf. Good Lord, that was bad timing for IRL to suddenly get ludicrous.

I saw in my skim that someone had a question for me; I'll answer it tomorrow, I want to get a post up showing that I am still alive.

No vote yet today; I need to actually read what's happening.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Announcement

As previously discussed, Valmark will be leaving the game and will be replaced by Xihirli.

Valmark: Thanks for playing, hope you'll feel better soon.

Xi: Welcome to the game, you should have received all the necessary information by PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jeen:
    I'm not claiming the bladescape shot. What gave you the impression I was?
    Zelphas: I asked you a question, would like some reads in general and wolfreads in particular.

Farmerbink: this isn't a catastrophic position by any means. I've seen town win from far worse situations than this. Also if you don't have useful information I'd advise against claiming early, since knowing your role and powers helps wolves a lot.

I can't say what you're missing, but I guess I'd recommend rereading the thread and looking for stuff that might be suspicious: contradictions, things that don't make sense, people who could be defending bladescape or being defended by bladescape, things that just seem suspicious on a gut level even though you can't articulate it.

I think I asked you some questions during night phase, so would also be great if you could answer those; I'll go back and quote them shortly.

It would be great to get more votes down so we can get the day going properly. In order to not be a hypocrite, I'll poke CaoimhinTheCape, because I don't want to kill gac, and I'm mildly suspicious of their bladescape townread.

And hi Xihirli, thoughts are appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Zelphas, I'd also like your thoughts on... well, anything, really. Who are the wolves?

- - - Updated - - -

Farmerbink (snipped)

Thoughts on... swirls random question generator the Meta/AV debate, Rogan and the Zelphas post I quoted above?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I actually have questions for Caoimhin relevant to what they've posted: please explain your townleans on Xumtiil and bladescape, particularly the latter.
    Relevant questions for Zelphas, Farmerbink and Caoimhin. "The Zelphas post quoted above" refers to his initial vote on bladescape on page one.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2022-07-11 at 09:35 AM.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Hey all, what's up. I'm like Valmark, except EVEN LATER in the alphabet.
    I was securing a job all day, so I'll try to sleep now. Catch up later!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Hey all, what's up. I'm like Valmark, except EVEN LATER in the alphabet.
    I was securing a job all day, so I'll try to sleep now. Catch up later!
    Not as late in the alphabet as I am, though.

So - 15 player game, assuming an 11-4 split:
    If we can trust all the flips, it's 3 town and 1 Denarian dead, so we're currently at 8-3, except Togo is MIA. Xihirli saved Valmark's spot, so assuming Togo is town and will autolynch, we're effectively running on 7-3.
    Not insurmountable, but it is kinda threatening.

Looking forward to Xihirli's thoughts and Cao's responses - if anyone has any questions for me, I'm all ears.
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

You're basically the player I know has done stuff but just don't have any thoughts on this game, so there will definitely be questions incoming. But first:
    Spoiler: Xumtiil ISO, Part One
    Show
    Xumtiil used reflect. Flat_footed is voted instead!
    OMGUS, NAI. I could argue that hopping on the wagon is opportunistic, but...
    To be honest I just voted flat because "NO U".

For the sake of having some discussion, let me tie up two wagons.

Hello Snowblaze my old friend, I've come to stalk to you again...
    ...he immediately hopped off the wagon, making that point invalid. I think he had the option to vote bladescape here but didn't (will check) but I can understand town!Xumtiil wanting to wagon me for the memes.

A three way tie, and now I'm supposed to not blink for 40ish hours. Curse you, Rogan, for finding my one weakness.
    evil laughter

More seriously, NAI.
    Love you too Snowblaze.

Also, you can't lose - either you survive, as usual, or you get to join Taffimai and Elenna in the dead chat for fun and games, like "find the sus" and "interpretative tunnelbuilding dance".

- - - Updated - - -

You made one fatal mistake. Only AvatarVecna can force me to blink. :p
    NAI.

Nothing worth noting. I have some suspicions, but they're very tenuous and I'd like to see a lot more conversations going before I start flinging mud at people.

If we do end up with a three or four-way tie that's all town, I expect to see very little movement or discussion, so we might need to start poking some other people to get a reaction from the Denarians.

Question for everyone: considering how many players we have and that it's a power heavy game, how many Denarians do you think we're dealing with here?
    Eh... I think in the relatively slow day one we were having it's more pro-town to just out your suspicions, however tenuous, than to just ask questions about mechanics. That's probably more a playstyle difference than anything AI, though.

Also I vaguely noted the "all town tie" could be TMI but we know it wasn't all town now. Could be setting up to move wagons to people who aren't bladescape, though.
    Neutrals weren't planned but were possible, if I remember correctly.

Also I'm operating under the assumption of four, and I'd agree with you but I can't tell you why I'm suspecting the people I'm suspecting and it's very likely to change between this and tomorrow. I promise you a reads list then.
    I don't recall you actually delivering on this promise. Question found. Don't think it's particularly AI to have not provided it.
    To clarify, I can't tell you because I can't put my finger on it, not because I have secret info
    Fair, but NAI.

I'm definitely unpairing AV and Metastachydium, for some reason. Can't really put my finger on it.
    If I squint I could argue that just giving the debate a "not w/w" read rather than digging into the alignments of either is wolfy.

Not alignment indicative, but accidental impalement may also occur.

If there's a tie, usually decided by random. Would be stated in the rules, if not then assume random.

- - - Updated - - -

And there's a town vote to kill someone every day, and at night the baddies come out to play. Look at me being a poet.
    Helpful but NAI.

Just to let you know, in all seriousness, the community here will usually not kill a new player day one unless they're really impressively obviously a wolf, and even then it's doubtful.

We want everyone to have fun, and being slaughtered a few hours in on your very first game(s) is decidedly not that.

Considering this is my fourth game, I'm expecting my newness has worn off and I'm fair game now, so one of these times I'll probably end up in dead chat a lot faster than I'd have liked (although I can highly recommend the company awaiting us there!).
    Agreed, but still NAI.

Not much AI content to go on. iirc there's more in the second half which should be helpful. Nullish for now.

You promised a reads list D2, please provide one.

- - - Updated - - -

Can confirm bladescape was on two votes as of Xumtiil's vote for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: Xumtiil ISO, Part Two
    Show
    I know tensions are running high, what with traitors and all, but both of you are giving me a headache with all that shouting. Why don't you grab something to eat? Always works for me.
    Agreed, but NAI.

I had promised some reads, so here they are:

Meta and AV unpaired both townleaning, Bladescape always scum until proven otherwise, everyone else null, except:

D1 and there are people he wants to kill?

Also; it was clear from the recruitment thread and introduction post, and still:

And lastly

Gac: Wolf team is not these people?
    Snow: Hey Gac why am I in that list?
    Gac: Because *lazy handwaving gesture*

It's triggering me in ways I can't even describe, and as much as I want to hold on to my comfortable D1-Snow-vote-blanket, I think it's time to put some pressure on gac3
    Townleans on Meta and AV mean my original concern goes away. I'm trying to work out whether the bladescape read is partnery or not and getting lost in WIFOMy spirals so calling it NAI.

I... don't like the gac case. I need to check the exact wording for the first part but wanting to kill people on D1 isn't wolfy and I actually thought they had a similar "I have suspicions, but they're not very confident so I'm going to keep quiet for now" thing to what you did.

The second part is just something I personally try not to read into too much and not what I'd use as the basis of a case. And the third part: I was fine with gac's response to me, and I don't think there's an evident wolfy motivation for it.

That's enough of "why I disagree with Xumtiil's gac case", let's have some "what does Xumtiil's gac case say about his alignment". I don't think it's terrible. The latter two points I can understand, the third in particular probably comes from someone who just isn't that familiar with "weird town!gac logic" yet. The first is more concerning, and I think digging into that will be more productive.

(This sort of counts as a reads list, I guess, but another one will be helpful anyway.)
    I don't know Meta, and I do know AV could get all upset about stuff like this as a wolf, but it all feels very towny to me for now... Hence lean. Slight one, but definitely away from null.

- - - Updated - - -

And with Bladescape voting gac, if my numbers are correct, gac is actually on the chopping block right now with 4 votes vs 3 for flat
    "Feels very towny" isn't the most insightful read. Vote numbers are helpful but NAI.

Would it help if I voted for you again? It's a very comfortable vote.
    I would wolfread this except iirc he did something similar as toen last game. So NAI.

Whelp, he's dead, but I'm still going to respond to his questions:

Gac was the only one I could clearly formulate my suspicion on. There were other things I found odd, like Rogan's jump off Gac to Flat after Bladescape's death, with just a few minutes before EOD, but now seeing the power it makes sense - Rogan staying on Gac would have meant it was still effectively tied, and questions would be asked if Gac still flipped.

Need to re-read the thread now and re-evaluate everything, with both Rogan and AV coming up town. Still leaning meta as town and gac as sus, to be honest.
    Need to go back and check Rogan's questions to get proper context. I understood the switches from gac to flat since the former gained towncred from bladescape's flip (imo).

Bladescape's vote for gac could just be early towncred gathering, to be honest. Not knowing Rogan's powers it's easy to think you can just bow out of a Gac wagon and get Flat lynched instead.
    Not... necessarily? It's a risk, and he went to sleep with his vote still on gac. There's a very good chance gac would have died there if the shot hadn't happened. Anyway, I could see this as a wolf just not wanting to have to find someone else to suspect.
    Plenty of options here. Serial killer, JOAT, single use kill powers tailored for a specific Dresden-lore character. Possibly one of the Denarians had a kill power outside of the night kill, or it could have been a stray town shot. Too many options and too early to tell, especially since I expect no one is going to come out and claim on D2 unless they're forced.

Speaking of forcing, Gac3. I don't think you have sufficiently explained yourself and there are outstanding Rogan questions waiting for you.
    Decently like the first part, since iirc it was a reply to a slightly weird Wombat post. Pressure vote is... I guess consistent with his play so far?

Helpful but NAI.

And last post which I can't be bothered to quote: yeah, if we started with four wolves we're in a worse position than I thought.

Okay, I was partly wrong on the reads list thing but I still think it would be helpful to get another one, preferably with fewer nulls.

And can you explain why gac wanting to kill people on D1 is wolfy?

There are concerns, but also counterarguments: I tend to hard wolfread town!Xumtiil and some of my points feel like I might be holding him to too high a standard considering he's still relatively new.

Also, have you reached any new conclusions from your re-evaluation?

Going to check context for a few things.

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda want to move to make a wagon competing with flat but I'm not sure anyone of the other wagons with at least two people look super appealing. None of the people I most want to kill are on there.
    Okay, I can kind of see why Xumtiil would find this wolfy, but iirc gac talked a bit more about it, clarifying their point, and Xumtiil didn't reference that.

- - - Updated - - -

On Xumtiil's responses to Rogan:

You mentioned tentative suspicions, plural, implying you were suspicious of more than one player. This was before Rogan's switch to flat which you mentioned in your answer. Did you have any other suspects as of the "tentative suspicions" post, and if so who and why? (Doesn't have to be any kind of confidence or articulatable reasons.)

Also you didn't really answer the second question on whether wolves were trying to shake things up during the three-way tie.

- - - Updated - - -

gac, can you elaborate on what you didn't like about Jeen's early posts and why you thought their being a wolf would make Caoimhin more suspicious?

- - - Updated - - -

More questions, Xumtiil: reads on me, Caoimhin and Jeen, please and thank you.

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Okay, I was partly wrong on the reads list thing but I still think it would be helpful to get another one, preferably with fewer nulls.
    Yeah, I said I'd do a reads list but then my reads were all solidly absent except for the AV/Meta unpairing and slight townlean, and the Gac suspicion. I didn't get as much time as I wanted to look through the thread, but I'm still planning to do so and give a more in-depth reads list.

And can you explain why gac wanting to kill people on D1 is wolfy?

Okay, I can kind of see why Xumtiil would find this wolfy, but iirc gac talked a bit more about it, clarifying their point, and Xumtiil didn't reference that.
    I'm not excluding the possibility that it's just Gacness that is triggering me, and you do have a good point on Bladescape dropping on Gac and staying there. For now my vote can stay on gac, as I don't really have any alternatives yet and I do want to properly analyse his replies.

Also, have you reached any new conclusions from your re-evaluation?
    See above - still coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeen was someone I was suspicious of but couldn't properly articulate.

I'm leaning you to being town, Jeen I'm not sure, and I haven't paid enough attention to Cao - their posts felt very under-the-radar to me, which by itself is cause for concern. As above, still re-analysing.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the three way tie... Not sure. I have a suspicion it was a three way town tie and they just had some fun with it.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Okay, I'll give you time to re-evaluate and produce some more reads. Though one thing: am I missing something or are you saying the three-way tie which contained flipped wolf bladescape could have been all town?

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Togo could just be being very quiet as a cunning cunning strategem.

...Hey! What's all this talk of autolynching? Ok, maybe not so cunning...

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Togo could just be being very quiet as a cunning cunning strategem.

...Hey! What's all this talk of autolynching? Ok, maybe not so cunning...
    Yay, glad you made it!

Would be great if you can read through things and let us know who you think the wolves are.

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

I'm kinda new to playing this online, so still reading through.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    I'm kinda new to playing this online, so still reading through.
    Yeah, I imagine it'll take a while to read everything, but the end of Day 2 isn't until tomorrow so take your time.

If you have any questions you'd prefer not to ask in public, feel free to PM me.

Anyway, welcome to the game. Better late than never.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2022-07-11 at 05:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Okay, I'll give you time to re-evaluate and produce some more reads. Though one thing: am I missing something or are you saying the three-way tie which contained flipped wolf bladescape could have been all town?
    I forgot that Bladescape was the third wagon - I had been toying with the idea in my head that it was a 'three town split' and didn't adjust my mental image when Bladescape flipped.

Again, I'm currently at work and don't have a lot of time, but I will work through things and get back to you.

- - - Updated - - -

And welcome to the party Togo! Glad you're here, this brings the numbers back to a healthier state.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Slight distancing between wolf!gac3 and wolf!Cao, or just gac3 innocently pointing out Cao's mistake. Which I admit does seem off for him, and the timestamps don't make it look like just a post was written while Cao was writing one.

The flat_footed wagon is a bit too big for my taste now for early D1 randomness, so I'll shift to CaoimhinTheCape
    This post is what started to throw me off about Jeen. I didn't want to point it out at first because it just felt so off for no good reason. Looking back I think I figured out why it felt off to me. The following two posts contributed. He starts implying that I'm distancing from Cao, which is fine. That's not the part that hit me. Him saying that my method of pointing out the mistake seems off. Which I disagree with. But whether I disagree with it or not, they said I was acting out of character and then voted Cape instead of me. That didn't seem right.

Which really my cape suspicions went as far as thinking Jeen might be distancing because he voted Cape the same time he accused me of potentially distancing.

The non-answer of this answer (though excellent roleplaying) makes me suspicious that perhaps Farmerbink is wolf and his scumbuddies told him how we don't lynch new players D1 without really good reason. (Or at least such was the metagame when I stopped playing about a year ago, and I assume it's the same now that I've resumed games.) He could be staying quiet to give no info to us, while essentially being shielded from a lynch.

On the other hand, there being almost no reason makes sense D1 (as none of us have any info), and I can see someone wanting to create a high-count wagon to see how folk react and to get real discussion going early on. Though it seems odd not to admit such.
    So not really sure how to take this.

If flat_footed flips wolf, then Farmerbink is probably town. Even though it's possible votes will shift a lot, I don't see a wolf putting a 4th vote on a wolf in hopes that the wagon disspates before Day's end. And I do like deaths to yield some intel, which flat_footed's death might now actually do... still, not gonna shift my vote back to flat_footed (at least yet).
    Snowblaze, thank you for asking this.
    I could see a wolf asking a scumbuddy this, but I think one wouldn't draw attention. I lean town on Snowblaze if either of those flip wolf. But if they flip town, doesn't mean anything for Snowblaze's alignment: a wolf would be fine drawing suspicion on townies, and a townie could legitimately ask townies.
    Then the next two posts after that one, felt off because they seemed very "oh this is good. Or it might be bad. Or let's have lots of things said but not actually say much."
    Last edited by gac3; 2022-07-11 at 07:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

You receive no information from your action.
    Okay. You weren't blocked per se, but that feedback lines up with how my power should have worked. It unfortunately doesn't let me target the same person twice.

I can see how what I said looks suspicious. In a sense, it was a lot of talking that amounted to nothing, but I was trying to establish how flat_footed's death could yield info on Farmerblink. Maybe. I was also trying to contribute a little bit while staying largely neutral overall in hopes the wolves would think killing me would yield little intel, and thus that they would target me N1 when my power was active.

---

@Snowblaze: this is what made me think you were implying you were the day-vig. Sorry missed your answer to my question right after I asked it the first time.

The wizard smiled to herself. Survival really wasn't that hard in the end; all you had to do was give people a better target. The loss of the flat-footed Warden was regrettable, but she hadn't known him well. It mattered little.

Much more interesting was the fate of the ectomancer. Dead without a trace of harm, that took a skilled wizard. Unfortunately,
    this being the White Council, everyone in the room was a skilled wizard. She would have been concerned if the deceased hadn't been possessed. That fact suggested the killer was trying to eliminate the Denarians, which meant they had a common interest. The sooner this was over, the sooner she could return to her... other responsibilities.

(RL looks set to be pretty quiet the next few days. I'm tired now, so hyperposting wolf-murdering Snowblaze will be here tomorrow.)
    I thought you were implying you killed bladescape ("wolf-murdering") but were neutral ("other responsibilities").

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I was interpreting the "him" in "this seems off for him" as being Caoimhin rather than you, gac. Jeen, can you confirm which one of us is correct?

(That makes sense on the vig!me thing. And actually it's kind of towny for you since presumably wolf!you would have killed me if you thought I was the dayvig.)

- - - Updated - - -

No, wait, that's a bad read, wolves want to kill town rather than neutrals.

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey, I actually have questions for Caoimhin relevant to what they've posted: please explain your townleans on Xumtiil and bladescape, particularly the latter.
    bladescape's town lean was more vibs than anything - there was one set of posts where he posted something and then immediately made a post after where it seemed like he just realized something. I'll grab the quotes if I can find them but it was gut more than anything.

As for Xum, I liked the comments on the Meta/AV arguement particularly for giving both a town lean. My guess is that AV/Meta aren't both Wolves and if Xum was a Wolf they would want to get a mislynch on at least one of them later.

So. I have a couple. Theories. It's a bit weird. Let's get the death flips.

bladescape has died, they were Mortimer Lindqvist.

Spoiler: Role Description
    Show
    You are Mortimer Lindqvist, a surprisingly competent ectomancer.
    • Chatting with the spirits: You have access to the Deadchat and may post there while still alive, if you wish to.
    • Channelling the spirits: Once per game, you may pick one character power of an available dead character and gain it as your own for the rest of the game.

A Denarius was found on the body. Even more concerning, you find he was carrying an entire bag of denarii, though someone soon points out that there are more coins in the bag than there are Knights of the Blackened Denarius and thus, the coins are most likely false.
    flat_footed has died, they were Carlos Ramirez.

Show
    You are Carlos Ramirez, a Warden of the White Council, tasked with hunting down those who break the laws of magic.

Once per night...
    • Put 'em in shackles: ...you may arrest someone and put them in magic suppressing shackles for the rest of the night, meaning they cannot actively use a power.
      ...or...
    • Tail 'em: ...you may attempt to follow someone and see who they target.

No Denarius was found on the body.
    AvatarVecna has died, they were Kumori.

Show
    You are Kumori, a mysterious necromancer of unclear allegiances (but for the sake of this game, a loyal member of town).
    • Chatting with the spirits: You have access to the Deadchat and may post there while still alive, if you wish to.
    • Channelling the spirits: Once per game, you may pick one character power of an available dead character and gain it as your own for the rest of the game.

Rogan has died, they were Samuel Peabody.

Show
    You are Samuel Peabody, a far too influential clerk working for the Senior Council.
    • I handle the paperwork: Your vote always count as two votes.
    • Mind-controlling ink: Once per game, you can add an additional 10 votes when deciding who to lynch.

AV and blade had exactly the same powers (aside from blade's coin bag). blade we're assuming is evil because of the Denarius, the rest we are assuming town. But. I'm not sure if that's fully accurate?

Spoiler: the gac wagon
    Show

flat_footed 5: AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Farmerbink, bladescape, JeenLeen
    bladescape 3: Zelphas, Snowblaze, Rogan
    Snowblaze 2: Metastachydium, Xumtiil
    Valmark 1: Valmark
    Xumtiil 1: flat_footed
    Metastachydium 1: Book Wombat
    CaoimhinTheCape 1: gac3
    No posts: Togo
    flat 5 / gac0. Noting that blade is currently the #2 wagon.

It's triggering me in ways I can't even describe, and as much as I want to hold on to my comfortable D1-Snow-vote-blanket, I think it's time to put some pressure on gac3
    flat 5 / gac 1

I vibed with this above, and I think I'll join you. gac3
    flat 4 / gac 2

Agreed on the unpairing. The town lean is mostly for "town is on each other's throats much more than wolves", or is there more to it?

For Blades, I apologize again for the clash. I agree that he's hard to read, but his emotional reaction felt genuine. I'd appreciate if someone else could give their input about this as well. Book, maybe you can surprise me?

Gac.. Well, I felt the same about having people he wanted to kill. Even made myself a note to ask about this later. So...
    Gac3 I guess, it's time to explain your leans now instead ofwaiting till day 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless I've missed something, Xum, AV and me moved to gac, which makes this flat 4, blades 2, snow 1 and gac 33 . No, wait. Gac3 has 3.
    flat 4 / gac 3 (actually 4 with Rogan's double vote)

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I will tell you right now that my emotive reaction would happen no matter my alignment. And would probably be genuine no matter my alignment?

I am proud of how I play werewolf and the danger I pose to the opposing team, and this includes my reads when I'm town.

- - - Updated - - -

Gac3

My good sirs, I like this content.
    flat 3 / gac 4 (actually 5 with Rogan's double vote)

Maybe it's paranoia but I'm wondering if blade was aware of Rogan's double vote and moved there to both cover it (so gac was actually in the lead) and/or take advantage of it (even if someone else voted for flat, gac would be lynched at 5). I'm sure there's the possibility of wolves not having a coin (in a godfather type role) so I'm a little wary to trust every flip.

Theories:
    • Every power set in the game is given to 2 people, but doesn't necessarily correlate to alignment.
    • The Wolves have copies of Town powers, plus an extra power each.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post

Do you mind sharing what you thought would be useful info?

And yeah, I've been here for a while and lately the pace has been really hard for me to keep up with - it's a learning curve and definitely comes and goes.

Okay. You weren't blocked per se, but that feedback lines up with how my power should have worked. It unfortunately doesn't let me target the same person twice.

I can see how what I said looks suspicious. In a sense, it was a lot of talking that amounted to nothing, but I was trying to establish how flat_footed's death could yield info on Farmerblink. Maybe. I was also trying to contribute a little bit while staying largely neutral overall in hopes the wolves would think killing me would yield little intel, and thus that they would target me N1 when my power was active.
    I'm not sure I understand how your power is related to gac's lack of result?

OK, so I don't like the gac3 read given blade put a late vote on gac (I'm assuming to get a lynch off on gac and still keep a suspected flat around as a target for tomorrow) and my theory about Rogan possibly being a Wolf as well.

I'm not voting Meta, given the exchange yesterday.

Snow feels somewhat townie for now? Pushing people for information and doing what she can.

I don't like Xum's read of gac but I also don't think that warrants a vote.

Book, Farmerbink, Zelphas, Togo, and Val-irli (the player slot of Valmark and Xihirli, pronounced Valerie maybe?) don't have too many posts for me to judge right now.

By default I'm gonna start with a Vote: Jeen Leen and read through the thread again later to see if I find anything new.

Vote Count:
    gac3: Xumtiil
    CaoimhinTheCape: Snowblaze
    JeenLeen: CaoimhinTheCape
    No Votes: gac3, Val-irli, Book Wombat, JeenLeen, Metastachydium, Farmerbink, Zelphas, Togo

- - - Updated - - -

Addendum but I don't wanna edit my post:

At the beginning, I meant bladescape's vibes, not vibs.

Farmerbink does have a decent amount of posts so maybe shouldn't be in that group at the bottom but I'm also not gonna vote them right now.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2022-07-11 at 01:40 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

The cowled figure remains eerily quiet, preferring to watch and listen rather than break the silence with his own thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    (Re: me) Do you mind sharing what you thought would be useful info?
    When prodded, a long, pronounced sigh issues from beneath the hood. "I suspect Snowblaze is genuine in her allegiance. I would like to offer more, but cannot now."

"I want answers from Togo. You have time, but only so much."

Spoiler: OOC answer
    Show
    The short version is that I also received a "You receive no information from your action," and was very surprised by that. I feel... perhaps a bit better, knowing that the townies have recovered from this sort of deficit before, though my initial read was less optimistic.

Sorry, any more clear of an answer could be... reckless.

Regarding flat_footed, I strongly suspect D1 is somewhere between useless and random. Until we get information, any lynch (one of which is guaranteed) is more or less a shot in the dark. It's handy when you catch a wolf/denarian, but I don't see any capacity in which it's more skill than luck. I voted flat more or less at random, and stuck to it because I saw no compelling information to the alternative. I realize that's not a super thrilling answer, but it's true.

Edit: further, Togo is the definition of flying under the radar for now, so let's make him talk.

Given the baddies already know I'm above board, I'm strongly tempted to start sharing more details. Assuming what Snowblaze said is true, and there is potential value in continuing to protect what secrets I have, I'm inclined to.

That said, it's possible my info could help the town (even as it puts a target on me). If I come to a more clear conclusion there, it may influence my take on Snowblaze, and I might decide to offer more. I suspect the nature of said secret is obvious.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

I bet the vigilante is the one who killed AV.
    Just when AV was coming around on Vigs, too.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I like that Caoimhin post. Which leaves me needing someone else to vote for.

Don't really want to vote Togo until they've had sufficient time to do stuff, I still disagree with the case on gac... I'll skim through a Jeen ISO and see if I want them dead or at least have a lack of reasons to not want them dead.

Xihirli, while it would be amusing for AV to have been the vig shot, the flavour implies... wait, let me double-check, actually.

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so:
    We're in D2.
    The big events from D1 are that Cao got a vote count wrong and people started drawing lines as to whether or not that was wolfy. Meta and AV had a spirited discussion about Flat_Footed, with Meta thinking he was a wolf, but Flat flipped villager.

Bladescape defended his personal honor and called me, specifically, a wolf. Then died horribly with money in his pocket which makes him evil. But the money might be counterfeit?
    Am I missing anything?
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-07-11 at 09:27 AM.
    Show