Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Mutants WW - Days of Ruin

Mutants WW
    The Days of Ruin

Narrators: Bladescape

The first entry of the Diary of the Earthmother, date unspecified:

After years of creation, years of development, mankind developed nuclear technology. Technology to wipe out the last dregs of their opponents, and perhaps even pollute what they hadn't on their green earth. Differing pacts, agreements and stipulations held off the inevitable. Nuclear warfare was illegal for a long time, alliances held this dear, and extended it to any weapon of mass pollution that was developed after that. Poison gasses, poisons for the envioroment and for humanity.

Of course, as long as they could the governments held off the use of these weapons. Instead deciding to leave them in the closet, holding it back because they didn't want the destruction of the world on their minds, something all ways managed to hold even the most power-hungry dictators back from using the slowly growing arsenal of flying death. Something held them back, and possibly would've just left humanity slowly eating away at the earth and polluting it until it was no longer habitable.

But, of course, things do happen. People finally do press the trigger, learn how to use a weapon that never should've seen light of day, let alone sat hiding in a silo for what seemed like an eternity. How twisted life was... But once used, the world was ruined, because once one person had given in and used the power of ultimate destruction... Then there was that much less reason to hold back when you were one of the other controllers of the WMP's. The nuclear war, the catalyst. The absolution of the world as it burnt to cinders.

Death for thousands, slow disintegration for millions, horrible mutation for a million more. Congratulations governments of yesteryear. You've managed to ruin the world. Now doesn't that make you feel proud? This ruin of a planet is the fault of our fathers, and yet we are the ones to bear the brunt of the pain, and the problems that arise from what they have done.

It was what happened afterwards that was truly the miracle. The descending of Erian and Rieth, the twin-sisters that are the spirit of the world. They healed what they could, and gave us powers to habitate and live in the world that had been created. However, Rieth had been malformed due to the nuclear war and began to grow jealous of the way that people worshipped Erian's beauty.

More importantly, the nuclear effects had certainly messed with her brain, and the attack on her sister took everyone by surprise, her sister most of all. Quickly Erian gathered together a team to find the alter of Rieth, the place she was born well over five-thousand years ago. Their job, to find out what it is that was effecting her sister and fix it, restoring equilibrium for the world. I am leader of this group, and this is my diary of the journey. I hope anyone that reads this is because I returned successfully, and not because this diary was found in the ruins of a failed mission, to save the world.....

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    20% majority rule: Votes are done in red text. Once a 20% majority has been reached, rounded down, whoever has the most votes after 48 hours is removed from the game. If no 20% majority is reached, the mob cannot gather sufficient numbers to lynch anyone.

Striking Through Votes: Please strike out old votes, when changing to another. This helps out the narrators when counting the votes. When I tally the votes, if you do not do this, I will count your first vote.

Days and Nights:They will last approximately 48 hours for the days, and 24 for the nights. There will be possible extensions, depending on the situation, but those are the general guidelines

Autolynches: We will be autolynching players only if they do not point for 3 days straight. Of course, if you let me know that you will be gone for more than a week, we will give you a pass.

FC's Rule of Narrator Invocation: If you claim that the Narrator made a mistake, and the Narrator is asked about it, the Narrator will answer honestly. So don't use the Narrator's name in vain.

Helgraf's Scry Interference: If two characters with a scry ability look at the same player, both will get "Interference" as a result.

Bladescape's rule of formatting theft: Bladescape will invariably steal formatting, rules and other such things from other Narrators, especially Lex-Kat. Do be warned that any rights that exist belong to the original creators of the formatting, rules and etc. If they do wish it, he will reformat and remove the copyrighted formatting.

The Mutations Rule: Every time a Role with a Mutation dies, another player, chosen randomly, gains one of the random levels of the original mutation. Each mutant may have no more than two Mutations.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The True Mirror(Seer):
    Blessed with the mutation of True Visions from Erian, The True Mirror has the power to see visions and memories of anyone, but intense concentration is required to invoke it. Once per night they can find the focus for this task and See one person to discover what they can about them.
    Starts with Sight Mutation Level 5.

The Broken Mirror(Fool):
    A somewhat ditzie Mutant, the Broken Mirror is a former blessed of Erian. However, something they have done has caused this link to fracture, and now they are aligned with Rieth, Erian's jealous twin sister. The visions are warped and incorrect, but the Broken Mirror believes them to be truth.
    Starts with Sight Mutation Level 2.

The Shield of Honour(Baner):
    A strong defender of the people, a watcher for danger and a master at avoiding it. Often the Shield would scout the dangers ahead before the pure came to attack, now he scouts to protect one of his allies from attack, the attack of the Pure. Each night he can detect and protect danger from one person, but only if the person he protects is targetted.
    Starts with Defender Mutation Level 2

The Shield of Truth(Day-Baner):
    An eloquant speaker, the Shield of Truth was a debater before all of this came about, a debater of politics. Now he employs his masterfully eloquent tongue in the art of protection, whether it be the protection of his allies or himself from the wrath of the campers.
    Starts with Defender Mutation Level 1

The Council of Elders(Masons):
    These are the older order, the council of the wise ones who govern this group of Mutants. Their long councils together have allowed them to know each other on sight, regardless of how they look. Thus it is that the Elders would never mistake each other for the Pure that invade them.

The Twin-born Blessed(Lovers/Twins):
    How wonderful is it to be born with another that shares your thoughts? A good question, for the dual power of two brains would no doubt help in most exploits, but to lose the other half you had always had would no doubt cause suicidal tendencies.

The True-Speaker(Truth Forcer):
    Given the true power of Truth, the True-Speaker knows how much lies can twist reality. However, he has been given a unique power in that he can invoke the essence of truth upon someone, causing them to speak truly whether they want to or not.(The True-Speaker can PM the Narrator/s with the name of one person they wish to know the truth about. That person's true role is then announced in thread. However, the True-Speaker's identity can not be revealed in this way. This power can only be used once in the entire game.)

The Sword of Justice(Killer):
    The Sword of Justice knows how to destroy those that dare to attempt subverting his tribe, and his powers are all made for this duty. He has the abilities to destroy the mind of someone from afar, and can use this to the greatest effect during the night. However, he can not do this more than one time every night, and is instead restricted to waiting until his powers recharge the next night.
    Starts with Death-Strike Mutation Level 1

Mutant(Villager):
    Just the normal everyday mutants that are members of this clan. Their job is to oust the mutants amongst them that are the suicidal 'purists'. Everyday they do this by voting for who they would like to kill.

Neutral Roles:
    (Note:The powers of the Neutrals are known only by each Neutral)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Demon(Knows and protects Innocent):
    Not much is known about the demon, but for his evil powers... and his protection of the most Innocent. Be wary of this one, as he is the most dangerous wild-card.

The Innocent(Knows Demon, Must Survive):
    Born from innocence, the Innocent has little notion of evil or harm, and only knows that there are bad-people that are here. The Demon is seen as a protective figure, the innocent merely wishes to survive....

The Psycopath(Complete-Killer):
    The psychopath enjoys death, more death, and lots of death. The smile that spreads over its face when blood is running in the air is reason enough to fear this one, and the road to killing has little care for who is who, as long as they scream well while they die.

The Protector(Multi-Protector):
    The Protector has people who, for their own reasons, they wish to protect. They care little for 'good' or 'evil', preferring to catagorize the living by 'those who should live' and 'those that should die.'

The Devourer(Power-Stealer Upon Death):
    The Devourer has a taste for the dead, and cannot help but enjoy the most delectable of meals. The more mutations that it feeds on, the stronger it grows.

Evil Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Pure(Wolf):
    The pure are those that detest the mutations that have effected mankind, and wish to undo what has been done. Last of all they will kill themselves to truly eradicate mutations from the earth. The fanatical mutations will do ANYTHING to destroy mutants.

The Twisted Mirror(Devil):
    The Twisted Mirror, formerly given power by Erien, was converted by the Pure to realise what they now consider the 'truth'. Having gained the power, and found how to use their powers without the aid of their deity, the Twisted Mirror sees like the True Mirror, but with a twisted purpose and evil lurking in their heart.
    Starts with Sight Mutation Level 5

The Sword of Jealousy(Beast):
    The true servant of Rieth. The Sword of Jealousy seeks to destroy all those that choose to subjegate themselves to Rieth's undeserving sister, rather than herself. They are, in a way, just as fanatical as the other Pure, but for a far different goal do they kill the mutants.
    Starts with Death-Strike Mutation Level 2

Purity's Guide(Alpha):
    Purity's Guide is the most dangerous of all the pure, a mutant that is benign as the others, and that the mirrors will not see as evil, but holds more death and wishes for destruction than any of the others. The Guide is the agent on the inside that will only be known by death....

The Chaos Storm(Vortexer):
    The Chaos Storm is an unstable mutant whose only wish is for chaos, and more chaos. Plus some more chaos. Add a dish of confusion on the side and they will be totally satisfied. And what way to bring chaos is there that's more effective than death and murder? None.
    Starts with Vortex of the Mind Mutation Level 1

The Sandman(Voider):
    The Sandman is not a normal pure either, but rather one that wishes for an eternal sleep to be cast over the entire world. The final rest, the sleep of eternity. What other sleep will you never wake from? .... Death
    Starts with Vortex of the Mind Mutation Level 2

Mutations:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sight:
    1:Misscrying Mutations
    2.Misscrying Role
    3.Misscrying Mutations and Role
    4.Correct Scrying Mutations
    5.Correct Scrying Role
    6.Correct Scrying Mutations and Role

Defense:
    1.Careless Day-Baner
    2.Careless Night-Baner
    3.Day-Baner with 50% chance of failure
    4.Night-Baner with 50% chance of failure
    5.Day-Baner with 50% chance to die when protecting the target
    6.Night-Baner with 50% chance to die when protecting the target

Death-Strike:
    1.Killer
    2.Beast
    3.Remove the target player for the next day phase
    4.Killer with Double Kill/50% failure ratio
    5.Beast with Double Kill/50% failure ratio
    6.Remover with Double Remove/50% failure ratio

Vortex of the mind:
    1.Vortexer
    2.Voider
    3.Vote Redirector
    4.Vote Voider
    5.Joker(Scries as something else than it is.)
    6.Disguiser

Player list
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Player|Death?|Role
    01|Banjo1985||
    02|Billtodamax||
    03|BourgeoisJerry||
    04|CD4||
    05|FleeingCoward||
    06|Gray Mage||
    07|Grue Bait||
    08|Lord Loss||
    09|Miraman||
    10|Murska||
    11|Otakuryoga||
    12|Penguinator||
    13|Qwaz||
    14|Ramsus||
    15|TheGrimmace||
    16|TigerFang||
    17|TsukikoJ||
    18|Usourselves&we||
    19|Xanmyral||
    [/table]
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-09-28 at 06:33 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Mutants WW - Days of Ruin

The first one in,
    my goal: to win.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2011-09-03 at 11:23 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

As I join this game
    I wish I was skilled in rhyme
    Sadly, I am not

Haikus, however,
    Are a form of poetry
    That I can pull off
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-09-04 at 12:15 AM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

As always with your games Bladescape, I'm in.

5. - Top - End - #5

LOL, I have started a rhyming thing.
    It's so funny, I could even Sing.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

What did you think I'd miss this one, or something?

Nonsense, I am in.

Seeing as I've got the time
    I shall put forth a little rhyme
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-09-04 at 06:29 AM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I think I will join this game.

Some questions -

What does the truth teller see when they ask about the alpha?

What exactly does the remover mutation do?

With the double-kill/beast/remover which has a chance of failure, is it such that you can send in 2 names to use your power on and on failure neither are killed or is it you send in two names, one will always work and one might not?

Also if you only send in one name does that have a chance of failure?

When you gain a mutation will you be told what level mutation you have?

If the seer scries the truth-teller and then PMs the truth-teller that they have been scried as that and the truth teller confirms, is that revealing their role or not?

Can the truth-teller drop big hints about what they do if they don't actually say they are the truth-teller?

If the truth-teller does reveal their role what happens next?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I can't rhyme at all, but I'll join in all the same,
    though I do have a feeling that my life is just a game.

A wolf so many times, I garnered some fame,
    so now I die so quick that it at times feels a bit lame.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #9

A game? I'm in! I love to rhyme.

Unfortunately I'm not very good at it and use crappy rhymes and try to cram too many syllables into one line.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    1)What does the truth teller see when they ask about the alpha?

2)What exactly does the remover mutation do?

3)With the double-kill/beast/remover which has a chance of failure, is it such that you can send in 2 names to use your power on and on failure neither are killed or is it you send in two names, one will always work and one might not?

4)Also if you only send in one name does that have a chance of failure?

5)When you gain a mutation will you be told what level mutation you have?

6)If the seer scries the truth-teller and then PMs the truth-teller that they have been scried as that and the truth teller confirms, is that revealing their role or not?

7)Can the truth-teller drop big hints about what they do if they don't actually say they are the truth-teller?

8)If the truth-teller does reveal their role what happens next?
    1)The Alpha is revealed as the Alpha. Although considering that the Truth-Teller can use their power only once, they would have to be accurate to reveal the Alpha.

2)Remove that person, they cannot speak or vote for the next day phase, though they may use Powers during the night via PM. They can't post in the thread. They can't cause auto-lynches though.

3)Send in two targets, both have a 50% chance to fail.

4)No, no fail chances like there was in D&D4E. This I say, no secret rules about it either.

5)Depending on the mutation. You are only told whether you have Mutation scrying, Role scrying, or Mutation and Role Scrying if you have Sight. The accuracy is not revealed. Defense you are only told if you are a Day or Night baner. You are told the level of mutation if you get Death-Strike or Vortex of the Mind.

6, 7 & 8)I think you have a misunderstanding here. The truth-teller's only limitations is that they can't use their power to publicly reveal their role, then use that to network. They can claim or hint to them being the TT as much as they want, however the Wolves are just as able to claim TT if they want.

11. - Top - End - #11

I'm in again.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

1)When does the truth-teller ability works? During the day, night or immediately?

2) I'd strongly suggest making the day baner a careless baner (that or the night one) to prevent a way for the wolves to surely win (it is a low change, but it's a chance and I think it's better to prevent it before it happens), if I'm reading the rules right, that is.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

13. - Top - End - #13

1)End of the phase in which they PM the narrator. Day or Night.

2)Ahem....

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Defense:
    1.Careless Day-Baner
    2.Careless Night-Baner

I already thought of that.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

1)End of the phase in which they PM the narrator. Day or Night.

2)Ahem....

Mutations:

Defense:
    1.Careless Day-Baner
    2.Careless Night-Baner
    I already thought of that.
    Not to be pedantic, but it's still possible with the other 4 powers, expecially 5 and 6, which is why I said low chance.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Not to be pedantic, but it's still possible with the other 4 powers, expecially 5 and 6, which is why I said low chance.
    Those always have a fail-chance?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Those always have a fail-chance?
    Sure, it's a low chance, but I like to think of the worst case scenario. Besides, I'm stubborn.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-09-04 at 10:50 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Sure, it's a low chance, but I like to think of the worst case scenario. Besides, I'm stubborn.
    Precautions will be taken. I still have the orbital laser from the last game.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

I don't see how even in the worst case scenario it makes the wolves invulnerable if there's a 50% chance that the power fails, given an infinite amount of attempts. And if we start to think about the luck-factor of it affecting a single game with a limited number of attempts that way, well then we might as well look into the luck-factor of random votes, people being chosen for certain roles and so on.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

This looks great exactly the type of game I would like to play in, who has been hiding this section of the forum from me?

Anyways this is me signing up.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Most definitely in. No rhyming though.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

In please.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm in for the game.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll give it a try...

24. - Top - End - #24

Yay! More players!

Join up! Join up! *Passes Cake to those already joined.* The cake is no lie!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

ooooo, shiney.....waaaant in

nom nom nom....wait a minute...this cake IS a lie...its sawdust covered in paste(non-toxic i hope)
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-09-09 at 07:02 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

*looks at the slice of key lime pie he was just handed* Um? Better than sawdust I suppose.

27. - Top - End - #27

It is a cake, I can prove it.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"My sandwich tastes like a fried boot!"
    "My sandwich is a fried boot!"

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #29

Come One, Come All!

Join up to the Werewolf Game of your life!
    See dramatic lynches! See amazing deductions! See the cake which is no lie!

I say, sign up for the ride of your life, it's a one time only offer!

That is, unless it's a two-time offer, I'm not really sure.

Anyways! With only 15 players, several of the more specialized roles on both sides will be cut out, especially the Truth-Speaker. WE NEED MORE PLAYERS!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Where's everybody from the last game? It was a riot.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.