New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Worm WW

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Worm WW

Worm Werewolf

Narrators: Ramsus & AvatarVecna

The Narrators would like to issue a general spoiler warning. While we will try to avoid spoilers for Worm as much as possible, we will be providing links to character wiki pages that do contain spoilers. If you haven't read Worm, we strong advise doing so for a variety of reasons. If you haven't and think you may ever wish to do so, we advice being cautious when perusing any wiki links we provide.

Fitful dreams of a red fog sweeping over your beloved city plague your mind as a soft voice gently pulls you back to consciousness You awaken slowly, weary and sore from...a fight? No, a chase. Vague memories of being stalked through Bonesaw's miasma reach the surface of your mind, jolting you into a tense wakefulness as you realize the danger you might very well still be in. As your senses come into focus, you take note of the room you've found yourself in: these concrete walls with no windows, the threadbare cot that was the only piece of furniture, the thick metal door that seemed to be locked up tight...all of it gives you the distinct impression of a prison cell, but you've no idea how you got here, who's holding you here, or why they've locked you up.

Time passes; you think it's been a few hours, but without a clock or a window, it's impossible to really tell. You're pretty sure you can feel yourself slowly going insane, and you could've swore you heard voices just a little while ago, but whenever you listen for them, they seem to go quiet. As time goes on, you notice the air has a reddish tint it didn't have before...and that's all you manage to remember before a wave of drowsiness overtakes you, and you slip into unconsciousness once more.

The raucous, screeching sound of audio feedback echoes through your cell, jolting you awake once more. As you search for the source of the awful noise, a bubbly, almost sickly sweet voice seems to come from all around you. "Would all contestants please make their way to the lobby? Please and thank you~" The door to your cell swings open silently, your first real opportunity to leave this place. "Please comply with your instructions! If you do not wish to participate, you will need to be confined to your room for the duration of the game, to prevent you from influencing anything." Rising to your feet with a grimace, you briefly note that your body feels different than normal, before making your way down the hall outside your cell. Signs on the walls point you towards various locations, including the lobby...which is helpful since without them, this place is a veritable maze, nearly impossible to navigate.

Arriving at what seems to be the lobby, you take note of the individuals already gathered in the room: despite feeling a brief spurt of recognition of the various costumes present, you can't seem to match names with faces at the moment - the miasma still clouding your memories, no doubt. You notice them all wearing large nametags, but you've never even heard of some of these weird cape names. You dismiss them as probably misnomers and take in the room itself. The room is rather large around with a high ceiling, multiple exits, plenty of waist-high furniture, and a large clock on the southern wall just over a massive pair of double doors. The jagged grooves and scorch marks that cover nearly ever surface of this place make its purpose clear: whatever else this may be called, this 'lobby' is an arena of some kind.

The speakers come on once more, still with no apparent source: "Oh good, everybody's here! Ladies and gentlement, boys and girls, capes of all ages, genders, and affiliations! Welcome...to Werewolf!" the voice says excitedly. The double doors open up, and two people walk through: the first, a bouncing, cutesy little girl with a wide smile holding a microphone, and a woman covered head to toe in black and white stripes who's holding her hand. The child gives a happy giggle at the sight of you all, and speaks once more. "My apologies for all the theatrics, but I wanted to do this just right! Introductions are in order, I think: I'm Bonesaw, and this is the Siberian!" she says, with a gesture to the woman. Something in the girl's voice triggers your memory, and you're finally able to connect their faces with their names...and their deeds. You itch for a chance to take down these walking threats to humanity, and to potentially collect the bounty on their heads, but you know you're no match for The Siberian, and taking out Bonesaw while she's present would be similarly impossible.

The girl giggles again. "Now, I know what you're all thinking. You're wanting to murder us and get out of here, aren't you? Well...maybe you'll have your chance after we've played our little game. After all, with how much effort we've put into setting this up, it would be rude not to take part. You see, Jack found out about this interesting little game, this...social experiment, I suppose you could call it, where a group of people who don't know who to trust are being picked off one by one from a splinter cell conspiring against the rest. The goal of the game, put simply, is to take out the splinter cell members before they manage to take out everybody that isn't one of their own. So we rounded up a couple dozen capes from around Brockton Bay, set up this little staging ground, and...well, here you all are~"

"Now at first, we were just going to have you playing against each other - maybe the Empire 88 members would be the splinter cell, or maybe we'd reverse the normal dynamic and makes the wards the enemies of the rest of you - but Jack thought that wasn't really in the spirit of the game. Instead, the splinter cell will be...us! Well, not us us--" she gestured to herself and and the woman once more, "--but the rest of the Slaughterhouse Nine, or at least some of them. Every person in here, save for myself and Sibbie, has been dosed with a certain amount of my special miasma; most of you have no idea who anybody else is, although there's a few exceptions. For instance, all of the Slaughterhouse Nine members know who each other are, although they don't know who the rest of you are. Jack even insisted on playing in the game himself! Speaking of which, I should probably explain the rules~"

"During the day, the lot of you can talk things out among yourselves...or you know, just squabble and fight, either way works for our purposes. At the end of the day, the person wanted dead by the most people, or the person the most beat up, will be put out of their misery and taken out of your hair, courtesy of us! Once they're dead, I'll check the list and inform the lot of you of who really died, and then...well, then it's bedtime! You'll all be ushered back to your rooms for the night. Some doors will be locked, some doors won't be, some may as well not be locked...the point is that some of you will be able to roam the halls at night, and some of you won't be. Be warned though, Sibbie might be quite cross if she catches you up past your bedtime, so do try to behave...or at least not get caught!" She giggles at her own joke, but you don't find the idea of the Siberian catching and eviscerating you particularly funny. "The next morning, you'll start the cycle all over again, and continue until either the Nine have all been eliminated, or only the Nine remain. Regardless of when they die, all of the dead will be present here in the lobby following their demise, with their true identities known to the lot of you for the rest of the game. If the Nine are all dead by the end of the game, whoever's still alive can go free, and even lay collective claim to the bounty on those member's heads. You could also try and fight the two of us if you like...but I recommend against that option~"

"Now, it's nearly bedtime, so let's all get back to our rooms and prepare for the game to start in the morning. We've got some last-minute preparations to make for the game, but don't you worry: we're consulting a pair of precognitives to make sure everything will be quite entertaining. That's all for now, off with you!" She shoos you away, and you begrudgingly return to a cell - you're not even really sure it's the one you previously spent the night in - and await whatever horrors will come in the morning.

Spoiler: Rules
    Show

There is a Day phase and a Night phase. Both phases are ~72 hours long. There will be a phase has ended post between each phase as we determine the results of that phase.

Lynch votes are done in red during the Day phase. The person with the most valid votes gets lynched. Ties result in first person to reach the tied total gets lynched.

Ties result in first person to reach the tied total gets lynched.

Helgraf's scry interference rules are in play.

Auto-lynches occur after 2 day phases in a row of not voting.

When PMing other players, please send the PMs to the narrators as well. It's more enjoyable for us if we know what's going on.

We are looking for a maximum of 26 players, so as to maintain some mystery about which roles are in play.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

Player Role Result
    Thematthew Jack Slash Lynched Day 6
    Tom the Mime Grue Survived
    Duck999 Trickster Survived
    flat_footed Panacea Killed Night 1
    ImperatorV Tattletale Survived
    Silent_Interim Nice Guy Lynched Day 2
    Murska Hellhound Killed Day 6
    Logic Skitter Killed Night 4
    C'nor Ballistic Survived
    Eternis Regent Autolynched Day 6
    Forum Explorer Shadow Stalker Killed Night 2
    GrayDeath Genesis Killed Night 5
    Technetium43 Glory Girl Survived
    Ronnoc Vista Survived
    Xihirli Cherish Lynched Day 5
    JBPuffin Shatterbird Lynched Day 1
    RoTWS Burnscar Lynched Day 4
    rakkoon Gallant Lynched Day 3
    Iceseer Imp Autloynched Day 6
    Libro Sundancer Survived
    Kartoffelbrein Clockblocker
    Killed Night 3

Spoiler: Auto-lynch Replacements
    Show

None.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-06-28 at 10:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Worm WW

So in. Also more letters.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

In. I'm guessing the truce is probably in effect.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll play.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

I have no idea what's going on, but i like it!

In.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I'm looking forward to watching most of you die!

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #7
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The Narrators would like to issue a general spoiler warning. While we will try to avoid spoilers for Worm as much as possible, we will be providing links to character wiki pages that do contain spoilers. If you haven't read Worm, we strong advise doing so for a variety of reasons. If you haven't and think you may ever wish to do so, we advice being cautious when perusing any wiki links we provide.
    • Click link
    • See how long Worm is and consider just reading the spoilers and character list
    • Read the first chapter for the heck of it
    • Read the second chapter
    • Read the third chapter
    • Silently curse AV and Ramsus
    • Read the fourth chapter

I didn't have much time as it is, but this story already has me hooked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    • Click link
    • See how long Worm is and consider just reading the spoilers and character list
    • Read the first chapter for the heck of it
    • Read the second chapter
    • Read the third chapter
    • Silently curse AV and Ramsus
    • Read the fourth chapter

I didn't have much time as it is, but this story already has me hooked!
    1.68 million words, and all of them totally worth it. Have fun!

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

In!

Yeah Worm is long. Very long. It took me all of winter break to get through it, although I'm glad I did.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sensible voice: No
    Voice that knows what's going to happen: Yes
    Better judgement: No
    Part of me that doesn't care: Yes
    Every sensible part of me: NO
    The bit of me that's in control: Sign me up, please.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Can't miss this.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

I know nothing about this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

In with sin. (Not that that needs saying in a Worm game.)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

I am down like a CLOWN for this :D
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, I'll give it a shot. I'm curious how you're going to handle everyone's abilities.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Forum Explorer if you know more people interested in Worm stuff that might be interested in playing, it'd be great if you let them know. New people to this section of the forum would always be great.

17. - Top - End - #17

Sounds interesting, even though I don't really know worm. I'm in.
    Avatar made by lankybugger - Thanks a lot!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

It's been a hot minute since I've done a mafia/WW game, and never on a forum like this, but I would be remiss to pass up this opportunity. Count me in.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Always great to see new faces!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Long time fan of worm but I've never played werewolf. I'll throw my hat in the ring.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Joining based on conditions I have notified a narrator of.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ghost in the Playground

Looks cool. Do you have an ETA for kick-off?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

The 13th give or take a few days depending on how recruiting goes.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ghost in the Playground

Not in though, can't commit to any of these time thieves right now, unfortunately. But expect me around soonish. Mebbes I can sub in then.

25. - Top - End - #25

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoc View Post
    Long time fan of worm but I've never played werewolf. I'll throw my hat in the ring.
    You know what? Same. I'm on the forums at least once everyday, if not more; let's give this a shot.
    Last edited by JBPuffin; 2017-05-08 at 05:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to assume the kick off date for the game has been shifted by the forum going down. What sort of timeline are we looking at now?
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Probably about a week? Depends how things go. We'll try to give a more specific answer in the next few days.

It'd be great if we could get everyone signed up so far to check in and confirm they're still interested.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Can confirm, am still interested.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Still here
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

30. - Top - End - #30

DrowGuy

A+, been itching for the forums to return at least partially for this.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show