"Guys, this isnt that type of campaign. Feel free to murder everything that crosses your field of vision, just dont be surprised when a dozen high level guards shows up and arrests/executes you on the spot" That is honestly the best part. I bet if you DID have things work out in a reasonable way, ie the entire city of slobnovia now wants him arrested and/or killed, he would gripe up a storm about rail roading or some such stupidity. "Um, guy? You just comitted assault and murder and attempted murder about a dozen times each, all in plain view of a crowded city full of witnesses and the city guard. What did you EXPECT would happen?"

Heh, of course this does bring to mind my old days playing Everquest and camping out in a city slaughtering the guards for experience and cash. (Hey, those guys tended to walk around with some fairly nice weapons and armor) Here I am in my spot, just standing there, with a pile of guard corpses waist deep around me. And I am amusing myself by putting this into realistic terms and counting the ways this does not compute.

Oh sure, the guards hate me and will attack me on sight, but all I have to do is fall to the ground and pretend to be dead already and they stop chasing me and go away. Imagine if that worked in real life? "GET HIM! He murdered carl, lukas, stan, josh, jim, al, mark, paul, the other paul, and lance! Oh wait, he just fell over dead. Ah well, good work everyone, lets go home!" And so long as I hang out in an area where the guards arent standing, I can be in the middle of town square and noone else cares that this mass murderer who has single handedly crippled the entire city's guards, is walking around. They will also buy the (probably blood stained) armor that is clearly that of the dead city guards! "Wait, you have 15 full sets of freeport militia armor full of holes and blood stains to sell? Seems legit! How does 15 plat apiece sound to you?"

Makes me think the type of guy doing that stuff you talked about probably played a game like this at one point.