Quote Originally Posted by Guran View Post
Some people just want to see the world burn. Others just blatantly want to kill everything you throw at them in an rpg. Almost literary as I once played in a party where one of the pc's stabbed a ball where a little girls was playing with. The thing that is on my mind right now is that some people actually seem to enjoy playing a psychotic bastard and I just don't understand it. For me it simply destroys the fun in a game. I am trying to create a marvelous story with my friends. When someone just want to stab and burn everything around it... Well, the wanting isn't a problem, but they really do it.

A few weeks ago I was DM for a small session. I'm not very experienced at all, its only my second try at DM'ing. And since not everyone could make it to the main campaign, I gave it a go with an in-between session. At the last minute someone asked me if he could join my game and I was like: "sure." But his character was simply a mindless beast. The kind that would probably not last long from a realistic point of view. When he found his three newborn children, he set them and their mother ablaze without a single thought.

Someone else crossed the path of a little girl who was playing with a ball. When the ball rolled towards him, he drew a dagger and stabbed it. When the girl started crying, he threatened her. When my character intervened, he threatened my character, then he threatened the guards trying to arrest him. When in jail, he started beating on his fellow prisoners for fun.

What is the best way to handle players who are like that? Or should I just accept it that some people prefer this playstyle?
What, are these players immature 12 year olds?